Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan

Ryan nodded as he held Colette close, trying to make their dance seem inconspicuous while glancing over his shoulder every few seconds to make sure muscle man wasn't barreling towards them. "Something about that guy rubbed me the wrong way," he said when he'd caught his breath. "I couldn't just leave you with someone like that."

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette was puzzled as to what this guy was like for sure. He acted so mean and selfish at times, but then... He's like this.

"Y-yeah, that guy seemed like trouble for sure..." Colette said, but then paused, as she wondered if he had just confirmed what she'd been wondering, but pushed that thought from her mind for a moment.

"So, you were saying something about the group you were with?" Colette asked, curiously.

IC: The Seatons

"Dodge it, Flare, then stop the healing!" Aspen called out, with Flare once again being ahead of Aspen. The Quilava leaped to the side of the Unfezant, and unleashed a Flamethrower on his opponent, attempting to disrupt or undo the healing.

Aria looked over at the fight with her trainer and Hugh puzzlingly. "Hmm.... It would appear that his Quilava reacts to the situation far faster than the commands given. I wonder...." the Lucario muttered, thinking over what exactly that meant.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Hugh==-

Hugh didn't give a command; however, the Unfezant nimbly dodged again with Detect, and then used U-Turn on the Quilava, as it attempted to quickly strike it, and then return to its Pokeball.

"Hm?" Ryan said at the sudden change in subject. "Oh, right. It was two groups, really. Two separate missions. The first was one where we formed a temporary alliance with Team Rocket to hunt down a Manaphy for some company called Soil Colossus that was holding Executive Silvermind for ransom. The second was a group of Liberties and Rockets, along with a Plasma officer, tracking down a criminal." He paused for a moment, thinking back on his adventures. "They were both rather unconventional missions... although you probably don't have much experience with field work yet, do you?"

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"Not really..." Colette said, as she had just gotten there that day.

"I bet I'll have to make up for that, though." Colette said with a shrug, as she wasn't sure, and thought for a bit more.

"Though, Rockets were involved both times?" Colette asked, curious about that.

Ryan nodded. "Yeah. Most missions aren't like that, though. The Manaphy one had us allied with Joker herself. That certainly made things interesting. With our second mission, I think Ray was the only Rocket, though, and he was a Separatist at the time." He shrugged. "So I guess there technically weren't any Rockets in that group."

Colette thought for a moment, as she contemplated that.

"Ray? The guy from earlier? How long ago was that, then; was that when you met him?" Colette asked, as she hadn't expected him to say that Ray had been a Rocket in the past.

Edited by Colette Llyan

"Yeah, that Ray," Ryan nodded. "My sleep-deprived partner during our battle earlier. I first met him on the Manaphy Mission, which was back in November. That was when he was still with Team Rocket."

Colette nodded, though seemed subtly amused at the sleep deprived thing.

"Wonder if he ever got sleep, anyway." Colette mused for a moment, and then shrugged, as it wasn't really too important.

IC: Aspen Seaton

Flare leaped back equally as nimbly, dodging the attack. As the Unfezant went back into its Pokeball, his eyes narrowed and began charging up a Flamethrower. "Flare, use Flamethrower when the Serperior appears!" Aspen warned. Once again though, Flare was several steps ahead of his trainer.

Hugh rolled his eyes, however, as the Serperior appeared in the middle of the flames, and then whirled around with its Dragon Tail, and intended to knock Flare back while he was still recovering from the fire attack... While, if it didn't faint the Pokemon, would send it back to the Pokeball, if it actually did hit.

IC (Claus):

Claus chuckled slightly at the fun bit of fun that he had cooked up before trying to be as charming and elegant as he could as he lead Zoe to the dance floor.

He did a fair job, I guess.

Once they were on the dance floor, he, of course, tried to extend the same elegance to the waltz he lead.

A bit less fair job.

Not that he was a bad dancer, at least at the waltz he was leading Zoe with, but it lacked the certain... je ne sais quoi that more refined dancers would have certainly had.

So naturally the pair bumped into another as they were dancing.

Claus turned to apologize, when noticed that he had bumped into a Scizor that was dancing with a Gardevoir. He stared at the Scizor for a moment before apologizing and returning back to his dance.

"Interesting..."

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Zoe

Zoe was ecstatic. Just like she could see no flaw in her sister's dancing, the imperfections in Claus' waltzing skills went unnoticed by the younger Llyan. She was dancing like Colette was, and that was all she cared about. As much as she had loved her aimless spinning, Zoe had to admit that she found a certain joy in the refined elegance of the waltz.

With a jolt, Claus stopped dancing. Zoe looked up to see he had bumped into a Scizor dancing with a Gardevoir. "Oh, look at that!" she beamed. "That's so cute! Too bad Mom made me leave my Pokémon at home, otherwise I'd totally be dancing with Merida right now."

IC (Claus):

Cute, huh? Claus wouldn't have used those words, but whatever.

"But then would I be dancing with? Flint is playing with Travis right now, and Baccio and Porky are terrible dancers!"

IC (Lancelot and Guinevere):

Aww, the Gardevoir said as they began dancing again, heading away from the two humans, she called you cuuute~.

....Be quiet... the Scizor responded quietly.

Even with the Scizor's coloration, the Psychic could tell that Lancelot if could have blushed, he would have had one juuust noticeable with the red background. Nice benefit of being a Psychic was that you were privy to that.

Not that it wasn't obvious anyway.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Zoe

Zoe pursed her lips as she tried to think of an answer to Claus' question, then sighed as nothing came to her mind. "I don't know," she conceded. "I know Esmeralda and Eilonwy would want to dance as well. Eilonwy loves to dance, but whenever she does it out of the water, she looks like she's having a heart attack." She shrugged. "Oh, well. I doubt Merida can waltz as good as you, anyway."

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray looked up in surprise, but nodded.

"Sure, you can sit there." Ray said, as he nodded again, but seemed slightly lost in thought again, though he paused for a moment, and seemed almost confused. If Esen was back, then did that mean the others were to? And yet, as Esen did, to double check, he saw no-one at first, and was confused, as he had no clue where Kyle or the others had headed off to.

"How was the dance?" Ray asked, as he tried to not just seem like the silent type, as had been happening the rest of the time they'd talked so far, other than a couple compliments of her and Sonja in general, and, well, just saying hi.

IC - Esen Windred - The Alamo, Liberty Ball:

"It was pretty fun," Esen said as she took a seat. "Yeah. Not much else to say about it. Kyle went out to get some fresh air afterwards, but he, uh . . ." She looked around again. ". . .seems to have vanished."

"Yeah," Ray said, a hint of a chuckle in his voice. "He does that sometimes. I wouldn't take it too personally."

Esen's mouth flickered into a smile. "I guess I won't, then." She took a drink of her lemonade. After several moments of silence, she looked back toward the crowd, and then at Ray. "I passed Sonja on the way out. Did you two dance after we left?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Jake

"Hi Nurse Joy, I wanted to know if I could register for the Pokemon League?" Jake asked Nurse Joy with a smile as he walked up to the counter.

"Of course, if I may just have your Pokedex or some other form of ID?" 

"Umm, yeah. Right here..." Jake handed the nurse his Pokedex, and as she entered it into the computer he suddenly remembered about Machop. "When you are done with that, could you please heal Machop for me?" He asked.

"All done! Here's your Pokedex, and you can just put Machop's pokeball on a tray I will fix him up right away."

"Thank you very much," Jake said, glad that he was finally registered for the Pokemon League and could officially start collecting badges. A few minutes later he collected Machop's pokeball and walked over to the entrance to wait for his friends.

Well, that answered that question. Ray shook his head, as he scratched the back of it slightly.

"No... Someone else cut in before I had the chance to work up the courage to ask..." Ray admitted with a sigh.

But then, why did she leave...? Ray wondered, as he remembered what she'd said before they left...

"Was it just her?" Ray asked, as he looked at the punch he seemed to eternally have nearby, as he wondered what could have even happened if she left alone or so.

IC - Esen Windred - The Alamo, Liberty Ball:

"Oh. I'm sorry," Esen said. She brushed her hair aside and set down her drink. "Yeah, she was alone. Seemed a little upset, to be honest--and I'm usually not that great at reading people, so that's saying something."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Ray furrowed his brow, as he glanced over at where he had last seen Ryan, and then looked back.

"I see... I wonder what happened, then..." Ray mused, more to himself, but scratched his head again, as he sighed.

"I'm not really used to this sort of thing, and haven't been thinking right tonight, sorry." Ray apologized, as he tried to think of other things to say, that weren't quite so 'talk about other people'.

"Watch out, Flare!" Aspen warned, Flare using Defense Curl upon seeing the Serperior lash out with its tail. With the added defense, Flare was able to use the added defense to not get knocked out by the attack, but was immediately sent back to the Pokeball. Jet appeared in his place, screeching loudly. "Aerial Ace!" Aspen shouted, the Braviary narrowing his eyes and launching himself forward at the Serperior.

"Dunno," Ryan shrugged. "Although he was looking pretty out of it when I saw him at the snack bar earlier." He frowned, wondering if Sonja had disappeared because she'd wanted to talk with Ray. He hoped not, but he had to admit it would explain Sonja's sudden departure. He did his best to push the thoughts from his mind, giving a quick glance over his shoulder for the umpteenth time to ensure muscle man hadn't found them. The only thing that could be worse than Sonja choosing Ray over himself was getting pulverized by a jealous guy for dancing with a girl he barely knew.

Hugh didn't seem too worried, however, as he narrowed his eyes, not impressed with Aspen's fighting style much, as he nodded to his Serperior. The grass type took the attack, as it used Coil to lessen the damage; and then wrapped itself around the Braviary quickly in response.

"You have much to learn; type advantages aren't everything." Hugh called to his opponent, as the Serperior flipped into the air, and then attempted to throw the bird to the ground afterward.

Colette noticed that Ryan was distracted, and noticed the guy in the distance, still searching, as she really did not want to get involved regarding that guy again at all.

"Come on, this way." Colette mumbled to Ryan, as she led the way in the opposite direction of the guy, trying to head through the crowd enough that the guy would be well away from them.

"Oh, of course I have 'much to learn', as you put it." Aspen said, rolling his eyes. "You're the expert here, aren't you SUPPOSED to know more about Pokemon battling than others?!"

Jet let the Serperior get a grip on him, but right as he was being thrown down, lashed out with a Crush Claw, raking the Serperior with extremely sharp talons. The Braviary also set up a Tailwind to lessen the force of the impact, though he slammed into the ground nonetheless. Refusing to let that hinder him, Jet set up yet another Tailwind and shot forward towards the Serperior at a high speed, attempting to grab it with his talons once it lashed out.

IC: Ruth Fishers

Immediately after Jake left the counter, Ruth walked forward. "Hi, pretty much same as him, I'm here to sign up for the league, and heal my Pokemon. Thanks!" As Nurse Joy took Fuerte's Pokeball, Ruth went through the exact same process Jake did to collect badges. Once she was finished, Fuerte's Pokeball was handed back to her. "Thanks again!"
Heading outside, Ruth stood next to the entrance as well. "Hopefully the other Jake will remember to sign up as well." she said with a chuckle. "Course, he apparently never thought to buy any supplies for traveling.... Hopefully his memory works this time then."

"Everyone always is learning." Hugh said, fighting the urge to show his annoyance, as he shook his head. "You have a grasp of things, but not the big picture."

The Serperior seemed almost to smile, as it waited for the Braviary to fly up...

"Alright, time to show our friend here how to unleash our rage!" Hugh called out, as he let out a small growl; as a glow enveloped the Serperior. "Frenzy Plant!" Hugh shouted, not having wanted to resort to this, but he had to stop holding back, since this rookie was starting to get the edge over him, and he couldn't understand how.

"I could do without the cryptic comments too!" Aspen shouted in response. "Nobody in the Pokemon League wants to talk normally....."
Jet narrowed his eyes once the Serperior used Frenzy Plants and sent vines towards him. "U-Turn out of there!" the Braviary's trainer called out. Obliging, Jet flew up in an arc before the Frenzy Plant could strike, then back around. Strafing around, Jet attempted to reach the Serperior to attack him before the vines struck. 

Aspen shook his head at Hugh, for using such a powerful and flashy move on him. Of course the Gym Leaders want to show off....

Contrary to what Jet believed, the vine did strike, due to the way the attack worked. Some had been just waiting for the Braviary to return, and launched out as they did, as they attempted to swat the bird out of the air, while the Serperior rested for a bit; the Serperior watching and waiting, as it noticed the Braviary get hit with a frown on its face.

Jet winced when the vines struck, spiraling down towards the ground. Finally regaining some control over his flight. Seeing that the Serperior was not too far away, Jet used his momentum from the fall to head towards his target with an Aerial Ace, using Tailwind once more to boost his speed. The Braviary refused to give up at this point, for losing would mean missing the thrill of battle. While the Frenzy Plant had done quite some damage, pain was a motivator for Jet to just fight harder.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

The Serperior narrowed its eyes at the Braviary as it recovered, and watched as Jet approached. Yelling out, the Serperior summoned up a storm of leaves, and fired off the Leaf Storm at the Braviary, and then prepared its tail, as it waited for the Braviary to approach, before it attempted to whip around and slice out with a Leaf Blade.

Jet saw the leaves circling around the Serperior and go to strike him, so the Braviary swerved to the side as much as he could. However, at the speed Jet was traveling, it was impossible to dodge the attack fully. As a result, the Leaf Storm clipped Jet's wing, causing him to wince. With his target quickly approaching, Jet let out a screech, not even attempting to move out of the way of the inevitable counterattack, as long as the Serperior was struck.

Hugh's Serperior roared out, as it swung its tail at the Braviary for the Leaf Blade; the attack clashing against the Aerial Ace in the process. The Serperior was pushed back by the attack; and while it seemed rather exhausted, still showed no true signs of being nearly to fainting.

"What I was saying earlier, still applies. You're focusing too much on the all-out attacks that go for type advantages... When there are other factors to consider, like the strength of an individual Pokemon." Hugh said, a frown on his face, as he looked over at his opponent.

"That's just it though. Jet's strength is performing those all-out attacks." Aspen explained. From the time he spent with Jet, Aspen figured out that Jet preferred to overwhelm his opponents through sheer power. "I'll mix it up a bit though. Jet, Tailwind on the Serperior!"

Though also tiring out, the Braviary got up from where it had been flung back, flapping his wings to summon a powerful stream of wind, attempting to buffet the Serperior. "Sky Drop!" his trainer called after, Jet launching forward with the aid of the Tailwind he had summoned, attempting to place the Serperior in the iron grip of his talons.

"Wait it out..." Hugh said, as the Braviary approached the Serperior... "And now; Dragon Tail!"

As the Braviary rushed forward, the Serperior attempted to swing around and lash out at the main body of the Braviary, attempting to avoid the talons in the process.

Unfortunately for the Serperior, Jet swerved upwards once more, barely avoiding the Dragon Tail. Immediately, the Braviary turned around towards the Serperior again, this time aiming to strike it with a U-Turn.

IC: Jake

Jake chuckled as well. "Yeah... we should get him a reminder app for his dex. Or something." He paused for a moment. "So, aside from Pokemon training and stuff, what do you usually do for fun?" He asked Ruth. Immediately after his question, Pikachu popped out of his pokeball with a flash of light. After a moment of trying to smooth down his fur, he leaped onto Jake's backpack and perched there while looking over Jake's shoulder.

Hugh nodded to his Serperior, as he noticed the pattern by then. The Serperior Coiled up while it waited for the Braviary to get close, and then whipped around, and slashed around with a Leaf Blade again when the Braviary was too close to U-Turn out of there again. The Serperior was likely to get hit again, but at this point, it just didn't care; it was just going to defeat the Braviary before it fainted.

Jet knew at that moment the Leaf Blade would knock him out of the fight, yet did not deter him from striking his target at all. As the two Pokemon collided, Jet was sent flying back, eyes closed and clearly out of the fight. Yet due to the effects of the U-Turn, Jet was sent back to his Pokeball in a flash of light, with Flare taking his position right afterwards. "Flare, SmokeScreen!" Aspen called out. Complying, the Quilava covered the area around the two combatants with a dark haze, masking his true position. Yet shortly afterwards, Flare came rushing at the Serperior's side with a Flame Wheel.

Hugh nodded at the tactic; as that was definitely an improvement, and after another Coil, the Serperior was struck by the Flame Wheel. Not quite out of the fight just yet thanks to the three Coils it had used, the Serperior utilized a Leaf Storm in a random direction to try to clear the smoke, though it had a feeling that it wouldn't last too much longer, even with the advantages it currently held. Hugh was undeterred, however, as he knew the Pokemon he still had left was well rested in comparison.

"Leaf Blade!" Hugh called out, as the Serperior tried to use the currently cleared smoke to try and land a hit on the Quilava quickly.

The Leaf Storm did indeed disperse the SmokeScreen, yet failed in actually striking Flare. As the Leaf Blade came down on the Quilava, Flare curled up into a Defense Curl, taking the attack without fainting. Despite that, he was definitely slowing down fast, and would likely not be able to last the rest of the fight. Right after the Leaf Blade struck, Flare raised his head and fired off a Flamethrower at the Serperior, wanting to do as much damage as possible to his buffed opponent.

IC: Ruth Fishers

Thinking for a moment, Ruth shrugged. "Oh, I run most of the time when I'm not training. That, or I read. Sometimes I try to do both at the same time, but more often than not, I just end up running into something...." she said with a sheepish grin, rubbing the back of her head.

Edited by Phoenix Zero