Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Helicopter:

It was quiet by the chopper. Gavin, Jamie, and Lucia--after getting their Pokémon healed and dealing with their own business, whatever that might have entailed--had been instructed to wait by the helicopter while Ethan--for better or worse--dealt with the police and the captive Zephyr members. At the very least, it provided some much-needed downtime after the day's events. On the other hand, by the time they had all gotten there, he still hadn't--leaving them to spend another hour in waiting for him.

"Okay!" the Rocket's voice suddenly cut through the air as his upper half appeared over the side of the helipad, leaning forward with his hands in the air, clearly excited about something. "Sorry for the wait, everyone, but I have news!"

"Finally," Lucia said. "What took you so long?"

"That's the news!" Ethan said. "See, I was talking to the police, and they didn't think it was right to send a bunch of kids to jail--"

Gavin's eyes widened as he realized exactly where this was going. "Oh, no . . ."

"--so, after talking to some of the head honchos back at Abyss, we decided to pull a Gavin!"

Gavin groaned in frustration.

A beat.

"Wha--?"

"He means that we're taking Team Zephyr in as indentured servants," Gavin said. "It's a thing Team Rocket does when they don't feel like throwing you in a cell. I should know--that's why I'm here."

"Well, I mean, that's not quite what it's called, but yeah, same thing, more or less," Ethan said. "Regardless, you can relax--it's not the entire team that's going with us!"

"Really."

"Yeah!" Ethan said, grinning broadly. "Skyle pretty much insisted on jail time over working for 'those scumbag Rockets,' so he got out of that deal; Windy's still a Pidgeot, so she's being put under quarantine until that gets fixed; Skylon's got too many broken bones to go anywhere but the hospital; Skyler's also headed to the hospital because he fainted--they think he might be suffering from anemia, but we can't really tell; Skylark requested a radio network position back home so that he and his brother can continue making their music; Skya went a bit nutso, thinking this whole thing was some sort of game, so she's being relegated to a temporary ward until she settles down; and Skylah . . . Well, I don't really know what happened there, but I'm sure there was a reason she's not coming along."

Another beat.

"So . . ."

"That's pretty much their entire team."

"But not!" Ethan said. He turned around, waving someone up. "Welcome to the Cool Crew, Skye!"

"Hi, there!" the former-Zephyr member said, popping up next to Ethan with a wave. "This is super exciting and a little bit nerve-wracking! Hopefully it turns out well!"

"I agree!" Ethan said, completely ignoring Gavin's look of utter shock. He climbed up onto the platform, and then held out a hand to help Skye do the same. "Don't worry, though, friend--I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as everyone remembers to have fun!" He clapped his hands together. "In the meantime, it's getting late, we're not getting any younger, and this day feels like it's dragged on forever, so let's get going!"

And so they did, piling into the helicopter and flying back to Abyss, the sunset guzzling up the fading skyline of Celadon City behind them.

IC:

Beep. Beep.

A message had arrived on Colette's comm device. Opening it would reveal that it was a summons:

Colette--

I am glad to hear that you've finished your training for Operation H.O.P.E. and have safely returned to us. While current circumstances no longer dictate the military presence that was once expected of you, it is still important that you receive a full and official induction into Team Liberty's ranks as soon as possible. That in mind, your presence is requested in the Leaders' Conference Room at noon today, where you will receive instructions and information on your first mission.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Goldhawk

IC - Kyle Eston/Esen Windred - Airport:

The plane was surprisingly empty when Kyle took his seat. Or, perhaps not--activity regarding Team Liberty's transports had been low in the past months, particularly as more people left the island than came to it. For better or worse, the general level of quiet gave him ample opportunity to think--a process that, unfortunately, he found to stuck on a continuous loop that currently rotated between the apprehensive joy of a vacation; the sheer outrage of being ordered to essentially harass another human being whilst on said vacation; and the guilt of knowing that that was what he was going to have to do in order to save more people from further trouble in the future.

Great start to the day, he thought, sliding further down in his seat and glaring out the window. With a sigh, Kyle straightened up, distracting himself by running through his current team of Pokémon. Having decided the night before that it would be good to focus on the members of his team that actually needed the training, Kyle had deposited everyone but Rodax, Kitheus, Lyxek, Kovian, and Sanshou. Suicune, too, he had decided to leave behind, since he doubted that he would run into any situations that would require her presence while in Kalos.

And if he did . . .

Kyle shook his head. It'll be fine, he assured himself. Kalos is probably the one place where nothing bad has happened, war- or Legendary-related. He paused. Well . . . not recently, anyway . . . He sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"Kyle?" The Liberty Agent looked up in surprise. For a moment, he hardly recognized Esen. Not because of her looks--for her hair remained in essentially the same style that it had been in the night before, and her black jacket perfectly reminded Kyle of the dress she had been wearing at the dance--but because of the surroundings. It had never truly occurred to him just how different someone could look after making the shift from the lighting and atmosphere of a fanciful dance to the quiet, subdued space of an airplane cabin.

"Hey, Esen," he said, trying his best to sound surprised to see her. "What are you doing here?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing," she said, taking the seat next to him. "But, since you asked first . . . I'm taking a trip to Kalos."

"Same here," he said, desperately wanting to kick himself for the forced enthusiasm in his voice. "What are the odds?" 

"That is pretty crazy," Esen said with a laugh. She looked at her ticket. "It'd be even crazier if we were actually seated together. But, I mean, since there's hardly anyone on this flight, a switched seat won't hurt anyone, right?"

"Yeah, why not?" Kyle said. He leaned back in his seat. "So that's what you meant when you said you weren't sticking around Four Island."

Esen nodded. "Yup--the Alamo was a temporary thing," she said. "It was . . . fun while it lasted, though, for the most part."

"Well, that's good," Kyle said, opting not to comment on the implications of her statement. He glanced out the window as the plane started to move. "Well, hopefully Kalos will be just as enjoyable, if not more so."

I guess we'll see about that, he thought. I just hope this doesn't turn out as badly as I think it might . . .

IC - Sonja Baron - The Alamo, Courtyard:

Sonja turned around in surprise, and then waved at Ray when she recognized who he was. She appeared rather tired, and barely suppressed a yawn as she said, "Hey."

IC - Jackson Sang - Chapel:

For perhaps the third time that day, Sang was surprised.

He had expected nothing of particular interest to come about from the door opening. The sight of the secretary sitting at his desk would have been the only thing of note, unless security had detected his sudden intrusion into the facility, in which case a team of guards might have been waiting for him. But no; what stood behind the elevator door was something entirely different, something so unexpected that Sang briefly froze at the sight.

"Mrs. Alaric!" he exclaimed, quickly adopting his typical demeanor again by waving at her and flashing a friendly smile. "How can I help you?"

The First Lady uncrossed her arms, her troubled expression softening at the display of cheerfulness. Ignoring the secretary's curious gaze, she walked forward, stopping in front of Jackson. "Mr. Sang," she said, giving him a short nod. "We need to talk. Would you mind walking with me?"

This is sudden . . . he thought, his curiosity growing stronger than ever. Sang glanced at the secretary behind Eileen, as if to ask for information. The man merely shrugged, prompting him to look back at the First Lady. "Not at all," he said at last. She nodded and, turning, began to walk down the hall. Jackson followed

As soon as they were out of earshot of the secretary, Eileen spoke up. "I'll get straight to the point," she said, not even glancing at Sang. "I know you're investigating my son's disappearance, and I've decided that I'm coming with you."

"Alright," Sang said. "We'll get started immediately." Eileen looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "What? Were you expecting me to argue with you?"

"As a matter of fact, yes," she said. "Considering your history with Elijah, I had thought you would try to convince me to stick around here--let everyone else do the work, and all that nonsense."

"Well, even ignoring the fact that this saves me the trouble of having to break into your house to search for hints, something tells me that even if I tried to dissuade you, it wouldn't work out, so I really don't see any point in doing that," Sang said. "Besides, he's your kid. You have a right to act in his best interest."

Eileen sighed. "I'm glad someone sees it that way . . ."

"I try," Sang said nonchalantly. "At any rate, my point is that I'm in full support of your side of the argument, ma'am, and I hope you recognize that. What's the worst that can happen, right?"

Eileen fell silent, prompting Sang's expression to flicker. After several moments, she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. "Let's not go there."

IC - Michael Travis - Titan:

They walked for some time, slowly passing by numerous rooms--mainly labs. Labs with experimental equipment, weapons and armor designed by Team Energon to maximize their efficiency against their enemies. Labs containing Pokémon in containment facilities, including one that housed a burly Deoxys with glowing white eyes, whose very presence radiated sheer power. Labs containing older, fully-tested equipment, objects of power that were now ready for broader production and, perhaps, further advancement.

All through this, Travis's monologue did not once flicker or lag, simply rolling on in a grandiose resumé detailing the righteousness of Team Energon's efforts. And as he spoke, he led Ryan into a large conference room, simultaneously busying himself with a computer.

"You mentioned before that you were trying to atone for your past crimes," Travis said. "Well, I'll be the first to say that I can get behind that--I've made my fair share of regretful decisions, and I would certainly have liked for nothing more than to go back in time and stop myself from making them. But I would argue that your methods--your means of accomplishing this--are entirely misdirected. You targeted Team Energon. Why? Why go after us, when you could make so much better use of your capabilities by destroying the real scum of the world? I don't refer to Teams Rocket or Liberty, no--at least they have demonstrated a willingness to step up to the plate and protect the needy from the likes of the Ancients, or Kyurem."

Before long, the large television at the far end of the room lit up. Travis opened up a number of files, bringing to the screen reports on Ford, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Liberty, Team Rocket, the Separatists, the Searchers, Team Plasma, the Ancient Darkrai--all kinds of information that had been slowly but surely collected over time. Travis glared with contempt at the computer screen, shaking his head more vigorously with each faction that appeared.

"But this group as a whole? What have they done--truly--to make the world any better? They have destroyed any and all foundations of peace that once governed the world, and thrown it into a downward spiral that it may never recover from." He looked squarely at Ryan. "So, you ask what we hold here? I'll tell you, my friend: We hold the key to restoring the balance--the power necessary to remove these cancers from the world, and return it to its proper place. We are not simple villains seeking to destroy the powers around us--we merely wish to use our gifts, the Omega Deoxys and the power it can give us through our technology, to fix what is broken."

He took a seat, rubbing his eyes. "Do you understand?" he asked. "We have done everything in our power to build ourselves up to the point of being able to combat these monsters. That is what we have always intended to do. And now, we may very well be nearing that point. Soon enough, we will march on Team Magma, the first step in our pruning of the war front, and should our efforts prove successful against them, we will move on to the others--and, perhaps, eliminate the Hojohsin League and Ford himself first and foremost, while they still suspect us to be nothing more than unwitting pawns." Travis looked squarely at Ryan. "And you . . . You could help us. Direct your anger where it belongs--at the real scourge of the world."
Edited by Pears Nivans

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Ellen

"It was certainly an eye-opening experience, that's for sure," Ellen nodded. Her smile showed a hint of sadness. She would have said more, but at that moment the door opened and a reddish-brown-haired woman in her early thirties stepped out.

"Dahlia!" the woman cried out. "What a pleasant surprise! Rose told me you had made it home a few days ago, but I wasn't expecting you to come visit me! And I see you've brought little Aspen, too! And who's this?"

"I'm Ellen Burks, miss," Ellen said, extending a hand. "I just met Dahlia and Aspen today, and they said I would be welcome to visit. If that's okay with you, that is; I don't want to intrude."

"Oh, that's no problem at all, dear," the woman, who was clearly the Seatons' aunt Kiri, said with a warm smile as she shook Ellen's hand. Her blue sundress waved slightly in the breeze as she looked back at her niece and nephew. "What about Olivia?" she asked. "Did she come to visit as well?"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Dahlia/Aspen Seaton

Dahlia smiled back and laughed, until she heard Kiri didn't expect them to visit. "Wait, really?" Dahlia said in confusion. "....I-I thought I already sent you a message..... Huh. Apparently I didn't." she muttered sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head. "S-Sorry about that!" she said with an embarrassed laugh. "But uh, yeah, Olivia's here too! Our friend Zach is also coming with us too!" Dahlia answered, quickly puzzled by something. "Hmm.... Have we ever mentioned him to you before? He's Olivia's best friend."

"Hey, Aunt Kiri." Aspen responded, giving a friendly wave to his aunt. While he put on a smile, he was less than pleased with what he was called. But I'm not little anymore..... It's just that my sisters are all.... Taller.... Than me.... Aspen realized with an internal sigh. ....Isn't that wonderful....

IC: Olivia Seaton

"Oh, it was painful for me too." Olivia said, chuckling and looking over at Zach. "And it was also very, very fun too..... So I guess I agree with you on both counts." she said, finding herself unable to say anything else. Olivia returned the awestruck look from Zach, smiling at him. He seems content enough to stay here... If he's got friends waiting for him, he doesn't seem to be in that much of a hurry to go back.....

"S-So, uh....." she began, trying to find something else to talk about so she wasn't just staring at Zach. "....Sootopolis is really nice, huh...?" Olivia began, looking around. "It's interesting.... This place looks pretty and very different from Olivine.... But it's right next to the ocean, so it's also familiar." she said, smiling. "Isn't that kinda cool...?"

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Ellen/Kiri

"Oh yes, I remember Zach," Kiri said with a smile. "Olivia used to dote over that boy when she was a little girl. I still remember when you came to visit when she was about seven or so and telling me all about her boyfriend. But come on in, it's no use standing out here in the hot sun! This is the hottest part of the year. Let me get you all a nice cool glass of lemonade."

"Olivia called Zach her boyfriend when she was little?" Ellen giggled at Dahlia as they followed Kiri into her house. "That's the cutest thing ever!"

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Aspen sighed and quickly turned to step into the house, relieved to get out of the sweltering sun. "Finally, some cool air....." he muttered. After he went inside the house, turned to Ellen and smirked. "Well after everything you've seen today, that really isn't a surprise, right?"

"It is cute, I agree." Dahlia said giggling. "But you gotta remember, she was a little kid then, probably younger than you, even. She just didn't know what a boyfriend was...." Dahlia reminded Ellen, but then shrugged. "Then again.... You've seen right through them. Who knows what they'll do next?" she wondered.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Kiri poured three glasses of ice-cold lemonade from a pitcher, handing them out to her trio of visitors.

Ellen thanked Kiri for the lemonade, then thought about what Dahlia had said. It was cute to think of Olivia having a boyfriend, but when Ellen considered herself having one... it just made her feel old. She wasn't ready for something like that, and probably wouldn't be for a long time. Well, it's not like it's necessary to be dating someone at any age, she reasoned to herself. After all, look at Ryan. I don't think I've ever known him to even think about having a girlfriend. To each their own, I guess.

As the group drank their lemonade, Kiri turned back to Dahlia. "So are Zach and Olivia still together?" she asked. "They seemed so cute as kids, I wonder what they're like now that they're older."

Dahlia and Aspen sat down next to each other on a couch, each taking a sip from the refreshing lemonade. Dahlia smiled at Kiri after thanking her for the lemonade. However, when Kiri asked about Zach and Olivia, Dahlia's expression faded, as she blinked. "U-Uuhhh...." she began.

Aspen rubbed the back of his head, as he figured this was going to be very awkward. He gave Dahlia an apologetic look, shrugging somewhat.

"...I-I guess they kind of are?" Dahlia said tentatively, sighing. "It's complicated..."

"I don't see what has to be so complicated about it," Ellen said. "They clearly both like each other. What's holding them back? And don't say it's because they haven't seen each other in a while -- that shouldn't be an excuse."

"That sounds like a very good question," Kiri said with a nod. "Rose and I don't see each other very often, but we're still best friends and when we do see each other, it's like we never left. Of course, we're also sisters and grew up together, so that probably helps."

"Oh, don't get me wrong, they definitely still like each other." Dahlia said quickly, but scratched the back of her head. "....I guess what's really holding them back is the circumstances behind their separation? I mean.... I dunno." she gave up with a sigh.

"Not to butt in here, but uh.... Trying to explain things would take a while, and isn't really happy conversation material." Aspen spoke up. "And maybe you could ask Olivia and Zach when they get here..."

-==IC: Zach==-

"Yeah... It's such a great view..." Zach said with a smile, as he followed Olivia's head to the water, and smiled. "The water's so clear, too; it's good for, well, clearing your head, simply from the view... that's partly why I just wanted to stare at the water, earlier." Zach admitted, and then scratched his head awkwardly. "B-but, you do a similar..." Zach started to say, and then blushed, and scratched his head awkwardly again. "I-I mean, you're always there to help... You've stayed by my side the last few days when I thought no-one would... Even if Aspen proved that for a bit..." Zach said, mumbling the last part more quietly, as he took a breath.

"But, I just... seem to have genuine fun around you. And today, you helped me out twice, if not more..." Zach said, and giggled. "And this week's just been... so cool, because you're my best friend, and I just love you..." Zach said with a smile, too distracted by everything to actually realize just what he had said.

Olivia smiled ans looked back at Zach while he went off on a tangent, nodding in response to the things he was saying. She never really got a chance to speak up, but she didn't mind it too much, actually finding his awkward rant cute. But Olivia did not expect Zach's final words, and her eyes widened with shock.

".......Wh-Wha.....?" she said, blinking hard while looking at Zach. Did.... Did I even hear that right.....? Olivia thought, unable to believe her own ears.

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette's Holocaster beeped in vain, as she breathed quietly in her sleep nearby. The night before had just plain tired her out, and as of right then, nothing much was about to wake her up, in theory. Luckily, it was nowhere near noon, but as the aura wielder slept, the time ticked away, with no real sign of the girl actually waking up yet.

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray seemed amused after the day before, since it was like a reversal of what happened.

"So, what's up, sleepyhead?" Ray teased slightly, as he paused, and sat on one of the stones bordering the garden, because if he was about to talk, then it'd probably be more comfortable to sit, than to stand.

"True, I suppose if anyone should explain it, it would be those two," Kiri said with a nod. "So Dahlia... Rose told me about how you were kidnapped, and how Zach, Olivia, and Aspen rescued you. That must've been horrible. I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but know that if you need anyone to talk to--"

"Mrrooww!"

At that moment, Chrono screeched and swiped at a Pidgey that had been resting on a bird stand. The small cracker Chrono had in his hand dropped to the floor as the Pidgey pecked the thieving cat.

"Chrono, stop that!" Ellen cried.

"Mickle!" Kiri cried in equal surprise. "That is no way to treat our guests!"

Terry gave a barking warning to Chrono that he should better behave himself, but Chrono chased the Pidgey, Mickle, out of the house. Terry started after them, but Ellen stopped him.

"Wait here," she ordered. "I'll handle this myself -- I don't want you running off as well." With an apologetic glance at Kiri, Ellen darted out the door and down the street.

Chrono had lost his target, who had managed find a safe place to hide. By the time Ellen arrived, Chrono had reached the end of the street and was looking around in frustration. Then the Purrloin perked up his ears, hearing a rustling coming from a row of large hedge bushes that stood in front of a house. He dove into it, just as Ellen dove in after him.

They landed on the other side of the row of hedges, in someone's front yard.

"Chrono!" Ellen hissed as she picked up the Purrloin, who kicked in vain against her grip. "How many times do I have to tell you...?"

The girl fell silent as she heard someone approaching. Was it the owner of the house? What would he say if he saw a girl and a Purrloin wrestling in his front yard?

Ellen cautiously peeked her head into the hedge, where she saw two pairs of legs. She started to sigh in relief as they walked past the house, then she recognized Zach's voice.

"...because you're my best friend, and I just love you..."

".......Wh-Wha.....?" Olivia's voice cried out.

Despite holding on to a squirming Purrloin, Ellen couldn't help but smile. She almost uttered a soft "d'awww" which would have given away her hiding spot, but at that moment Mickle the Pidgey burst out of the bushes herself, fluttering next to Olivia and chirping excitedly, evidently recognizing the eldest Seaton.

IC: Zoe

Zoe stood in front of the door to her sister's room. She had already changed back into her regular clothes and suffered through her mother's pressing questions about the dance, particularly about Colette's hairstyle, which Zoe found a rather unusual question to ask.

As soon as breakfast was over, Zoe wanted to play with Colette. But her older sister was still fast asleep, and showed no signs of waking up any time soon. Her mother insisted on letting Colette sleep while Zoe did her usual chores.

A few hours later, when the dishwasher had been emptied and the laundry folded, Zoe camped herself outside Colette's room, waiting for her sister to wake up.

And she waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Eventually, she gave up and burst into Colette's room. "Colliiieee~!" she cried. "Come on, come on, come on! Let's play, Collie!" She started to shake her sister awake. That was when she noticed the device beeping on Colette's bedside stand. She quickly skimmed the message, which informed Colette about a meeting with the Liberty Leaders at noon. It also mentioned details about a mission.

"Ooh, wow," Zoe whispered, reading the message a second time. "A real Liberty Mission..." She quickly glanced at her sister. If Collie was still sleeping, perhaps Zoe would be able to take her place in the meeting, maybe even complete the mission for her. She had always wanted to be a grand hero like her parents and sister, someone that people looked up to. This was her ticket to greatness.

She pocketed the device, already plotting how to put up her hair in her sister's Dog Ears style to disguise herself as the great Aura Master.

Edited by Konuju

While Olivia looked dumbstruck over at Zach, a noise from the bushes tore her eyes away from him. A Pidgey burst through and began fluttering all around her.

"Ack!" she yelped, letting go of Zach's hand while she stumbled back. Olivia suddenly squinted at the Pidgey, who wasn't trying to attack and seemed somewhat familiar.

".....Mickle....?" she muttered, remembering Kiri had a Pidgey. "What are you doing here.....?"

Colette moaned, as she opened her eyes, and looked over at Zoe. Colette tilted her head slightly, causing her messy hair to fall to one side, as she wasn't quite sure what Zoe was doing.

"Whatcha up to...?" Colette asked, with a slightly amused smile on her face, as she had been woken by Zoe's playful cries; but now Zoe was being oddly, and suspiciously, quiet.

Zach blinked at Olivia's sudden confusion, as he looked over at her, wondering why she seemed so shocked. However, a Pidgey suddenly appeared and caused Olivia to let go of his hand, and he focused on it.

"Mickle?" Zach asked, confused about that as well, as he watched the Pidgey fly around Olivia's head.

Edited by Colette Llyan

IC: Mickle

Mickle chirped excitedly as she fluttered around Olivia's head. Then she took off, zooming toward Kiri's house, trusting that Zach and Olivia were following her.

Ellen sighed in relief when Mickle flew off without revealing her hiding place. She remained deathly quiet, straining her ears to hear what else Zach and Olivia had to say.

"O-oh!" Zoe cried, turning around in surprise. "Collie, you're up!" She quickly pulled the Holocaster out of her pocket and handed it to her sister, who was still wearing her dress from the night before and looked unusually groggy. The messy hair also added to the half-asleep look. "You got a message about a meeting and a mission. It looks important." As Colette read the message, Zoe looked up at her sister impatiently. "But before you leave, can we play some?"

"....What." Aspen said flatly, not sure what just happened. As he stared dumbfounded out the door, Dahlia saw a chance and turned to Kiri.

"I'd love to talk about it with you...." she said with a sigh. "Aspen and Olivia are too angry at what happened, and I never really got to talk with Mom or Dad.... So I haven't exactly been able to say what I think about what happened..."

Mickle suddenly flew off, leaving Olivia to stare in that direction. Finally snapping out of that mild stupor, she turned around to face Zach. "That's Kiri's Pidgey.... Seems like she wants us to follow her." Olivia said. She was half tempted to just forget she had heard anything, because surely she was just crazy, right?

No.... Not today. Olivia thought to herself. I'm not letting my shyness get in the way of finding out how he feels about me.....

"But uh..... Zach?" she began, her cheeks quickly becoming scarlet. "....What did you say, just then....?"

"Huh?" Zach asked, as he looked over at Olivia, as he scratched his head, and then quickly matched the shade of Olivia's cheeks, and then some. However, despite heavily blushing, Zach breathed in, and inwardly calmed his thoughts, knowing this was his chance. "I-I... said that... I love you..." Zach said, even as the red in his face continued to deepen. Zach continued to slowly breathe in and out, trying to calm himself down, though... There was still that slight chance... That 1% chance. The very slim chance, that she didn't feel the same... And despite everything from that day, it was a very real chance because of them not having seen each other for years... Especially after what Dahlia had said. But... Zach held onto the hope. He wasn't about to give up again, and just forget about trying again; this time, he was going to follow through, like he should have so long ago.

Ellen held her breath as Zach made his confession once more. "Come on, Olivia," she whispered under her breath. "You know what to do."

Zach confirmed what he had said, and it was clear Olivia was not making things up. This was the moment she had been waiting for years to happen, yet thought was an impossibility. Olivia's cheeks became an even brighter shade of red, while she stared at Zach, completely shocked and unable to say anything.

"...You.... Mean i-it....?" she finally said, blinking hard as her heart raced. "....A girl like m-me...?"

Olivia was absolutely certain that after so many years, Zach had met someone perfect for him and had no interest in her anymore. Just then though, that perception was shattered, with Zach sharing her feelings after all. He said it.... I never thought he could..... she thought. Olivia was shocked, but at the same time ecstatic that Zach had actually confessed to her, and her gaping mouth closed and slowly began to form into a smile.

"Y-yeah... It could only be you..." Zach said, as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. Despite having wanted this to happen, he was still totally awkward about it, and had no real clue what to say. However, when he saw Olivia start to smile, he relaxed a bit. Though, she hadn't said anything back, so while he nervously smiled back, he still had to wonder if she would think the same... Or if her reaction was just from the sheer impossibility of the situation. Remember earlier, though... She seemed like she was interested then, but just didn't want to actually say anything... Zach reminded himself,and continued to keep hope.

Zach's words made Olivia's smile widen, as she was just amazed things were going better than her wildest dreams had predicted. While her blush became even deeper, a watery film coated her eyes. Closing them, tears of joy ran down Olivia's cheeks, as she practically tackled Zach in a hug.

"Zach....." she began, squeezing Zach tightly in her embrace. "I-I love you too......"

Olivia forgot about Aspen and the years she was away from Zach and everything bad that had ever happened to her. Instead, she looked back on all the good times she shared with Zach and how much she loved him, completely lost and mesmerized in the moment.

Zach noticed Olivia's smile widen, and smiled more as well... However, his smile faltered for a second, as Olivia started to cry.

Wait, what, why is she crying, what??? - "Oof!" Zach thought, though a second later, he ended up on the ground on his back, as he blinked, being hugged by Olivia. When she confessed her feelings, Zach smiled as well, and hugged her back, glad that things were going very well. Zach's smile widened, as he closed his eyes, thinking this to be one of the better days in a while for him, as he stopped thinking about what could go wrong, and then began to lean forward with a slight blush.

"Well, what time is it...?" Colette asked, as she looked over at the time, and then quickly jumped up in shock.

"10:30!? Oh no!" Colette said, panicking first of all that she'd slept in so late, and secondly, that it only left her an hour and a half to get ready and get back to the Alamo.

"Oh no, oh no, I'm so, so, so sorry Zoe, but... I wanna play, but..." Colette said, a look of shock on her face, as she just ran downstairs, and then quickly looked around the kitchen, trying to figure out what she would have for breakfast.

Ellen's heart just about melted as Olivia confessed her love and joyfully tackled Zach to the ground with a hug. It was all the young girl could do to keep quiet. As it turned out, that was unnecessary, because, so enraptured as she was by the scene unfolding before her, her grip loosened on Chrono ever so slightly, allowing the Purrloin to squirm from her grasp.

"Chrono, get back here!" Ellen hissed, trying to remain quiet. But the Purrloin darted back through the bush. Ellen made a lunge and tried to grab Chrono before he was seen, but she missed and ended up faceplanting on the ground right in front of the two lovebirds.

"Collie!" Zoe cried, following her beloved sister down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she found Colette searching for something to eat. "Collie, I was thinking," Zoe said, grabbing a muffin and offering it to her sister. "Maybe we could go together? That way we can help each other on your mission: It'll be like playing Rockets and Liberties, but for real!"

Olivia felt Zach arch forward, and knew it could only mean one thing. She had waited for this moment as well, but blushed as well while also leaning forward as well. However, before the two could kiss, a certain Purrloin darted out of the bushes, with a certain little girl failing to catch the Purrloin and falling flat on her face afterwards. Olivia's eyes snapped open, and started blushing even more. She hadn't ever thought that she and Zach would be watched during their confession....

"What?!" Zach leaned his head back quickly, as he opened his eyes as well, surprised to see an upside down Ellen seemingly floating in mid air. "Ellen, why are you..." Zach started to ask, but then paused, as he recalled he was on his back. "Why are you... here?" Zach asked, catching his mistake mid-sentence, as that question still worked. He, however, blushed as he made the same connection olivia did; that she had been watching.

Ellen turned a bright red as she realized she'd been discovered. "O-oh!" she cried. "S-sorry! Chrono was chasing Mickle, and I was trying to stop him, then you two walked by and I couldn't help but overhear..." She talked rapidly, hoping the pair wouldn't be too angry with her eavesdropping on their romantic moment. "I-I'm sorry..."

Chrono, meanwhile, simply snickered and rolled his eyes at all three of the humans' antics.

• Upvote 1

".....Huh." Olivia muttered, blinking hard at Ellen's story. "W-Well, uh.... I, umm..." she tried to speak, but ended up stammering each time, blushing incredulously.

Dune glared at Chrono's delighted snickering at the awkward situation of his trainer, and gave a cry to warn the Purrloin, while rising off the ground and beatin his wings threateningly. Willow attempted something similar, rearing her legs, but ultimately ended up unable to be taken as seriously as her fellow Ground-type.

Zach inwardly sighed at Ellen's luck; however, giggled slightly.

"It happens; and we already met Mickle... So no real worries..." Zach said, although he was still blushing. However, Zach still kept his arms wrapped around Olivia for the moment, not really wanting to let go at that moment.

IC: Jake

Jake grinned, then called out to his Pokemon, "Let it happen Machop, but keep your arms free!" When he gave that order, Machop turned to look at him like he was crazy, but nevertheless didn't resist as he was constricted by the Onix. The second he was wrapped, Jake said, "Now, use Bullet Punch over and over!" Instantly, the Fighting-type realized what was going on, and drew back his fists, preparing to deliver his barrage of punches.

"R-right..." Ellen said. Although it was clear Zach and Olivia were not angry at her per say, it was still obvious that they'd rather she not be there right at that moment. And Ellen found that she had to agree. "Well, I'm just going to... head back to Kiri's house... I think I saw Mickle fly off that way anyway..."

Awkwardly stepping around the fallen couple, Ellen started to walk away. Chrono followed, snickering at Willow and sticking out his tongue at Dune before turning his back on the Pokémon and following his trainer.

Olivia craned her neck to see Ellen and Chrono walking off in the direction Mickle had taken off, and then turned to look back at Zach when they went out of earshot.

"S-So uhh.... Do we go back to Kiri's place....?" Olivia asked, still blushing from Ellen's accidental eavesdropping, clearly too embarrassed to try kissing Zach again.

"S-sure...." Zach said, as he blushed in response. He was thinking the same thing as well, and even wondered if it was even a good idea or not. I-I mean, we've been boyfriend/girlfriend for what... two minutes...? Zach thought, wondering if he was crazy to think that they should have been kissing by that point. "L-let's go, then..." Zach said, as he smiled a bit, since Olivia would need to get up first.

Colette thought about that, and smiled.

"Maybe; I mean, we'd have to ask them likely, but, it'd probably be a nice idea... We'd get to spend some quality time too, huh?" Colette asked, as she giggled a bit, and quickly gathered a breakfast, trying to hurry through things so she wasn't too late getting to the meeting.

-==IC: Roark==-

Roark blinked, not having expected that.

"Bravo!" Roark clapped, as he smiled. "Onix, Slam him into the ceiling!" Roark called out, as the Onix twisted, and tossed the Machop upwards; although the Onix took a good amount of damage in the process.

"R-Right..." Olivia said with a blush, getting up an backing off of Zach. Once she stood up, she motioned for Zach to follow her. "I know the way to Kiri's house, so just stay behind me." she told Zach.

After some time if continuing on their way, Olivia's blush became slightly deeper as she turned to Zach. "U-Uuuuhhh.... When did you even start to like me, anyways....?" she asked, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly.

"Oh... A while ago..." Zach said, as he tried to hide his still-red face, as he scratched his head. "... Like... oh... Over six years ago, probably...?" Zach looked back slightly, as he seemed a bit awkward. "I just couldn't ever find a good time, though, that wasn't affected by me being shy... And, well, I'd worried that things had changed when we met up again..." Zach admitted, as he sighed slightly.

When Zach responded, Olivia also looked back awkwardly. "....Huh, I guess we were both in the same boat.... Twice." she said with a slight giggle, rubbing the back of her head with a still-red face. "Yeah, I fell in love sometime 6 years ago, for sure... I mean, you had been my best friend for a while already, so maybe I should have seen it coming...." she admitted, shrugging sheepishly. "And when we met up again, I remembered how I felt then, but I also thought things had changed...." Olivia said with a sigh. "I-I was certain you were already in love with, if not in a relationship with another one of your friends.... Someone who was perfect and better than me in every way..."

Edited by Phoenix Zero

"Better than you?" Zach repeated with a blink, as he looked over at Olivia. "I don't think that's possible." Zach said with a slight chuckle, as he smiled at her. "I never met anyone who actually made me feel me, to be honest. Not to the extent that I'd fall in love with them, at least..." Zach said, unsure exactly how to explain, but Zach scratched his head. "Besides, here I was thinking that you'd want to be like halfway across the world from me, because of everything I'd done..."

Olivia's cheeks became a brighter shade of scarlet when Zach explained why he liked her, and questioned why she liked him. "I-I don't know.... I was sure you knew someone who was nicer, smarter, better at Pokemon battles, and maybe even prettier than me..." she said nervously. "Or maybe just someone who's special as you are now, with those psychic powers of yours.... And I-I'm still just a nobody...." Olivia said with a sigh. "But I s-still like you, though, because... Even after all this time and you going on world-changing adventures, y-you're still the same boy who was my best friend...." she explained with a smile. "Besides, what happened in Unova wasn't your fault..."

When Ellen arrived back at Kiri's house, the Seatons' aunt was talking with Dahlia about what had happened with Alistair. Kiri looked up with a smile. "Oh, come on in, dear."

"Sorry about Chrono," Ellen started sheepishly. "He tends to-"

"Don't mention it," Kiri said. "Mickle came home by herself, as you see. She's a smart bird." The Pidgey cooed as Kiri stroked her feathers.

Ellen nodded and sat down in one of the chairs. She chose to keep silent about Zach and Olivia: the couple would be arriving shortly, anyway, and she knew enough not to blurt out what she had overheard. She'd let Zach and Olivia announce the news themselves.

Zoe sat down across the table from her sister, resting her head in her hands and gazing at Colette in admiration. "I would want nothing more than to be able to go on a real live mission with you, Collie," she smiled. As Colette started to eat her breakfast, Zoe failed to suppress a giggle. "Although... you might want to change out of your dress before you go to that meeting," she laughed, as Colette was still wearing the dress she had from the night before. "And you should do something about your hair, too," she added with a chuckle. "Otherwise I'll have to start calling you Dog Fur instead of Dog Ears."

Zach seemed surprised for a second at what Olivia had said, but then paused and thought, as he smiled.

"Thanks, Liv... You're one of the only people I know that actually thinks that..." Zach said, and then thought for a moment, as he giggled. "Definitely something that's very appreciated after Aspen's opinions on the matter." Zach said, and scratched his head. "Also, you're not a nobody; you're smart, you're obviously great at battling, you're plenty pretty, and... Well, you're my best friend." Zach said with a smile, as he swung the arm he was holding hands with slightly.