Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke

Palmer nodded at Ryan, then looked over at Olivia. The Gym would certainly have more room, but from what I know of the city, this restaurant is in a more central location, which makes it ideal for being our base of operations." He glanced at Natalie. "If that's alright with the staff, that is."

"I-I'll let the manager know," Natalie said, continuing to glance at her PokéGear slightly worried. "It should be fine, and at the very least you can gather everyone outsi--"

There was a loud scraping sound as Dack scooted his chair back and stood up, looking about ready to sock Aspen in the jaw. "Why, you little--!"

Madison quickly stood up as well, grabbing Dack's arm and holding him back. "Dack, stop this!" she pleaded, her face growing redder. "This isn't going to solve anything!" She looked desperately over at Dahlia. "Please tell me you've found the address already."

Dack tried to pull away, but Madison had a surprisingly firm grip. Instead the Snowpoint trainer glared at the youngest Seaton. "Don't ever compare me to Hannah," he growled.

Luke shot Aspen a warning look. "You'd better learn to keep that smart mouth of yours shut, kid, or you'll learn that 'Mr. Karate' isn't just a fancy nickname."

IC: Ellen

Ellen paused, glancing up at the young girl who stood in her way. Her hair and orange scarf fluttered in the wind, her flight goggles propped nicely on her forehead. All in all, she looked very out of place against the ruins of the city. Ellen stared at her for a moment before realizing that she had asked her a question. Terry whimpered slightly as Ellen gave a confused look.

"Miss?" the Ranger repeated with a concerned frown. "Do you need help?"

Artemis glanced at Ellen, who continued to stare at the Ranger. Help. Where had that help been in Castelia? Had this girl done anything to help defeat the Ancient Darkrai? Or assist in Southeast Unova? If her goal was to help in the battle for Sootopolis, she was much too late for that. All this girl had succeeded in doing was obstructing Ellen's path, keeping her from getting where she needed to be.

"...No." Ellen tore her eyes from the Ranger and brushed past her. "I don't need your help."

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan looked over at Aspen as the fight seemed to begin to start up. He noticed the situation needed some salvaging, and quickly.

"Hey, Aspen, how about you do us all a favour and just be quiet for a bit? I don't think we need any fighting amongst ourselves when Wright likely will do that job well enough for us." Ryan said with a slightly annoyed tone. He crossed his arms, as he looked from Dack to Aspen. "Comparing people to others is not going to help anything, and besides; from what I've seen of..." Ryan paused, and looked over to Dack. "Your name's Dack, then? Okay." Ryan looked back. "What I've seen of Dack, he's not like what Wright sounds to have become." Ryan said, as he looked at Aspen sternly.

IC: The Seatons

Aspen shot back Dack's glare with just as much contempt. "Oh, so you get why I'm not really impressed with Hannah comparing me to you and her, are you? At least I fight for the people who were injured and killed in Sootopolis, instead of myself!" the trainer shouted, standing up from his seat as well. When Ryan ordered him to stand down, he shot an exasperated look back at him. "Shut up? Because that'd help sooooo much! He just wants to boss us around and make himself look good, and his muscle and girlfriend are only helping him along!"

"Yes!" Dahlia called out, trying to interrupt her brother. "I-I found her address.... There's not too many Shannon Willows in Celadon, th-thankfully..." she muttered, telling everyone in the group what the address was.

"So now that we know where her house is, does that mean you guys are gonna leave now?" Olivia asked. "Sounds like you'd need Amethyst for spreading the message, too....." the trainer said, taking out a Pokeball and releasing the Gardevoir. 

IC: Lachina Adaon

When the little girl with her Pokemon finally looked up to acknowledge her, Lachina didn't expect being shoved aside and the cold response that followed. The Ranger watched as that little girl trudged on, almost mechanically, and frowned.

"Are you sure....?" she asked, to no reply. Whoever that was, she seemed to almost resent Lachina  for being there..... 

I... I just asked her if she was alright.... Lachina thought to herself, but sighed and turned away. There were many more people in Sootopolis than that strange little girl, and they all needed help... Fast.....

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Ryan clenched his fists for a moment, as he stayed quiet, and moved between Dack and Aspen.

"If anyone should be compared to Hannah, it's probably me." Ryan said with a frown, inwardly wincing at having to say that. However, Ryan didn't hesitate. "I've been in that type of situation before. I know just how revenge can ruin someone's life, and lead to manipulation and other horrible side effects... I won't pretend I'm a saint, because I know I'm not. But I'm certain that I'm the only one here who should be compared." Ryan said with a strained look, as Zach simply stayed quiet. Ryan, however, looked over to Dahlia, as she called out the address.

"Right. Then we're headed out now." Ryan said, as he sent out his Natu. Zach nodded and sent out Blade as well, as the Gallade shrugged at Amethyst.

"I really don't think I'm the one to worry about." Blade said with an amused smile.

Edited by An/A Blade

Madison nodded at Ryan. "Yes, let's go." She forcefully pulled Dack away from the table. Dack clenched his fist, but bit his lip and turned away from Aspen. Instead he peered at Ryan, wondering just who he was.

"You're digging yourself a deeper hole, kid," Luke said as he followed his two companions. "Better think long and hard before you go around making enemies with people."

Palmer sent out his Cresselia to join the group of telepaths, then turned to Dahlia and Stacy. "Well then, I suppose we're off, too. The Gym shouldn't be near as hard to find as Willows' house, but maybe you could help get us in the right direction, Dahlia."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Aspen rolled his eyes as Luke threatened him once more, not intimidated by the Black Belt whatsoever. He then looked over at Ryan curiously, at the bold statements he made. "Hmm... Seems I've missed a lot, not having seen you two for four years......"

Dahlia looked back to Palmer, and nodded again. "R-Right....  I think I can get it pretty easily.." the gardener replied, once more checking her Pokegear for directions. "Got it, it doesn't seem too far from here thankfully...." she said, showing both Stacy and Palmer the directions on her Pokegear.

Amethyst grinned at Blade's reply. "I'll believe you when you prove that to me."

"Well then, Cresselia." Aria began. "Shall we begin?"

Olivia looked over at Zach somewhat confusedly. "So... What are we supposed to do, then?"

The Ranger didn't need to walk far to find someone who needed help. Weak moans to the side of her drew her attention and she rushed over quickly to find two people pinned under rubble, looking seriously injured. "Hang on, I've got you!" she called out to them, calling over Aolani while the two of them lifted the rubble pinning them.

"Who.... Who are.. You?" one of them asked.

"I'm Lachina, Pokemon Ranger, and you and your buddy need medical attention, fast. I think the Pokemon Central or whatever it's called is crowded enough...." she said rapidly, trying to think and get the two of them on Aolani's back. "Right then, Aolani, I think Spencer or what's-his-face has a Chimecho with Heal Pulse. Can you take them to him?" Lachina asked. The Altaria nodded and flew low to the ground in search of that specific Ranger. 

She turned around, seeking more people who needed help.. And saw a red-haired woman standing far away. She approached her, and spoke up. "Excuse me, miss, is there anything I can help you with?"

Ryan seemed a bit uneasy about the looks he was obviously getting from the two, but nodded, glad that things seemed to have stopped. "Let's go, then." Ryan said, as he turned around toward the door, the back of his jacket swishing behind him.

-==IC: Zach==-

"Hmm... seems kinda like we weren't given anything to do." Zach said, and scratched the back of his head. "Though, weren't you wanting to go see the Department Store?" Zach asked, as he recalled that, and thought for a moment. "Because if so, then that could be a good idea, and maybe sight-see before the fight and such?" Zach asked, as he didn't really have any better ideas at that moment.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: ???, Four Island Graveyard

The graveyard was silent. The air smelt crisp and fresh. It seemed like a perfect time for a stroll. At least, for anyone besides the figure walking through, who seemed less than pleased about being there. He moved hesitantly, as if each step was a grand undertaking. It was quite clear: he hated this place.

"Of all the places, I have to come here?", the figure spoke in a labored tone, "But then again, it's my turn. I've put this off for long enough."

Sitting down cross-legged, the figure shut his eyes, and started to home in on the one he sought. He had to make sure no one would know. He had finally found the one he sought, and started to speak softly....to the mind of Ryan Sanders.

"How pathetic you are, Ryan Sanders.", the voice said, sounding mocking and tired, "You really are a drama king, aren't you? You hunger for attention and when it isn't given to you, that hunger grows. The one time the spotlight shone on you, it was taken away before you could get enough. Everyone else gets to have their fill...but you."

The figure sighed. He really despised the idea of what he was doing, but he had no choice but to continue...

"Maybe you should get rid of those who are taking what you deserve.", the voice continued on, "That's just my idea, but I'd do it. Especially if you want your fill. That Ray fellow comes to mind as one of them. He seems to love the idea of having Sonja to himself. You'd best act quickly, if you want to stand a chance..."

With those words, the figure stood up in the graveyard, and started to walk out, leaving what appeared to be a multitude of flowers blooming where he was sitting......

Palmer looked over at Dahlia's PokéGear, studying the map. "Yes, that doesn't seem too hard to get to. If the two of you are ready, we should get going as well."

I'm ready when you are, Cresselia said. She floated by the table, eliciting several stares from other occupants in the restaurant. Perhaps it would be best to start right here?

Dack quickly folded up his map of the city and started to head out of the restaurant, which had become way too crowded once Ryan and his friends had arrived. Madison followed right behind him, hoping to change out of her ski suit as soon as she had a chance.

"Oh!" Natalie cried saw everyone leaving. "I-I'll go and bring the bill..."

"Seriously, lady?" Luke frowned. "You're city's getting attacked and all you care about is money?"

"I-It's not me..." Natalie said in a small voice. "It's the management."

IC: Kiri

The Seatons' aunt had been doing her best to help those who had suffered from Hannah's attack. Her Pidgey stood perched on her shoulder as she bent down to gather the few berries that remained from a charred tree. With any luck, these berries could be salvaged and planted anew, bringing life back to the city. At worst, they could provide a meal for someone in need.

Of course, berries could only do so much. They could only work to heal the damage, not reverse what had already been done. Nor could they bring back those who had died in the attack. Kiri was a generally happy person, but even she was feeling the weight of what the false Groudon had done.

And so it was that when a Ranger approached her, asking how she could help, Kiri broke into a smile. "You've already done more than enough to help me, dear," she said. "It warms my heart to see people like you helping those in need. We're all going to have to work together if we want to help heal the city. The soldiers fighting in the war are often hailed as heroes, but it's people like you who are the true heroes. Tell me dear, what is your name?"

IC: Ryan
The evening sun sifted through the blinds, casting an orange-ish glow in the room. The glow permeated only so much, leaving the far corners covered in darkness -- a sharp contrast to the bright orange directly under the window. Ryan didn't see any of this, however, as he had already fallen into a troubled sleep. After the day's events, he had desperately needed rest. Sleep was the perfect remedy in a physical sense. But his troubled dreams provided no rest for his weary mind.

He saw Black, laughing in Castelia while others mourned Zach's supposed death. He spotted Sonja among the crowd, and asked her to dance. Before she could respond, Zoe pulled on his arm, begging him to dance with her sister. He glanced up at Colette, who shot him a livid look. Then Ellen pulled on his other arm, crying that he had left her all alone in Fortree. He looked to Sonja and asked if she'd come to Fortree with him and Ellen, but then Ray approached her and she danced away with him.

Suddenly he was back in Fortree, walking down the hallway in school. He noticed Melanie Garven and called out to her, but she didn't seem to hear him. He ran after her, chasing her down to an unused classroom where her sister Melissa waited. Ryan took a step toward them and the two girls burst into golden flames, just like Jake Soren had when he had died. The girls screamed as the fire consumed them. When the fires dissipated, all that remained were two metal thrones.....

Shuddering from the sudden chill that swept the room as the flames vanished, Ryan slowly approached the thrones. They were positioned perfectly in line with the other desks and chairs in the classroom. He reached out a shaking hand to touch the cold metal.

"How pathetic you are, Ryan Sanders."

The voice seemed to echo throughout the room. Ryan whirled around, searching for its source, but found nothing. "Who said that?" he demanded. "Who's there?"

"You really are a drama king, aren't you?" the voice continued.

Ryan backed away from the throne, shaking his head. "I... I don't know what you mean."

"You hunger for attention and when it isn't given to you, that hunger grows."

A knot seemed to twist itself in Ryan's chest. He thought back to Sonja, how he had yearned for her to speak with him rather than Ray after the battle in Opelucid. Now that he thought about it, that desire -- that hunger -- had not diminished in the slightest.

"The one time the spotlight shone on you, it was taken away before you could get enough."

Ryan's heart seemed to flutter as he remembered his dance with Sonja. It had been the happiest moment of his life... until those Llyan girls had come along and ruined it.

"Everyone else gets to have their fill...but you."

Ryan brought his hands to his head, crying out in despair. The voice was right. He could see Sonja and Ray laughing together. Evan, the grand Hero of Space who had fought side by side with Seth and Kinali to help take down Sombra, while he himself had been forced to the sidelines. He saw Ellen, more content to play with her Pokémon than spend time with him, despite all he had done to watch out for her. Everyone was happy. Everyone but himself.

"Maybe you should get rid of those who are taking what you deserve."

"W-what...?" Ryan looked up. Having always been pushed to the sidelines, he had never considered the idea of removing those obstacles that held him back from center stage.

"That's just my idea, but I'd do it. Especially if you want your fill. That Ray fellow comes to mind as one of them. He seems to love the idea of having Sonja to himself."

"You're right..." Ryan muttered with a frown. Even in Unova, it had been clear that Ray had his eye on Sonja. He had even gone out of his way to catch a Pidove for her. When Maddison Hayes had kidnapped both Sonja and Ellen, it was Ray who had insisted that Ryan stay back and help evacuate the city, for it was Ray who wanted to be Sonja's hero. Ryan clenched a fist. "Ray. He's always been an obstacle. Well, no more."

"You'd best act quickly, if you want to stand a chance..."

"Of course," Ryan said. "At the dance... Ray would have asked Sonja to dance with him instead if I hadn't intervened when I did. I need to take action."

The voice was silent.

But Ryan had heard what he needed to hear. He knew Ray was too selfish for someone like Sonja. And he knew that Ray was also the only thing standing between Sonja and himself...

"Oh, right... I wanted to check out the Department Store to see if they had any TMs." Olivia replied. "I think there could be something useful there for you, Zach..... Yeah, I'm ready to go if you are."

Aspen looked at Ryan and shook his head at the jacket swishing. "And you also have a flair for theatrics, I see..." he sighed, turning back to listen to Natalie talk about bills, his scarf quickly whipping behind him. "Oh right, because the management is always gonna be greedy and moneygrubbing even if their whole world is about to fall apart...."

"I'm ready as I'll ever be...." Dahlia replied to Palmer. "What about you, Stacy?"

Amethyst looked around at the restaurant and all the attention Palmer's Cresselia was getting. ".....Well then, that was easy enough."

"I like this starting point, time to get to it." Aria said with an authoritative voice. "Naturally, since the spotlight is on you right now, you begin with explaining to the restaurantgoers." the Lucario told Cresselia.

The little girl she had approached last time didn't give Lachina a very good impression of what to expect from the citizens of Sootopolis. But this young woman here gave such an appreciative response, and called her a hero... The Ranger blinked a few times, not having expected that reaction in the slightest. And now she found herself struggling to choke out words, taken aback by the woman's honest gratitude...

"M-My name's Lachina, miss....." she said at last. "Lachina Adaon.... We... We heard about the Groudon rampaging and came as quickly as we could." she explained. "Thank you... Are you absolutely sure there's nothing I can do to help you? If so, I-"

"HELP!" cried a terrified voice, the source of which turned out to be a small, thin girl running up to Lachina and Kiri. Her hair was matted, and the dirt on her face was smeared by running tears. "My... My brother! W-We were inside a building, a-and it just fell over! I escaped... But h-he's still inside, and the building's falling into the water!" she explained, pointing to the building in question. "Please.... Please save him! I don't want to lose my br-brother...."

Lachina was surprised at the suddenness of this girl's arrival, and her eyes widened upon hearing her story. The building in question was slowly sinking under the water. The Ranger's gaze steeled, and she put a hand on the ragged girl's shoulder. "I'm on it." 

The Ranger took off immediately after that, speeding through the rubble-lined streets at blazing speeds. When she neared the shore, Lachina dove into the water, and swam as quickly as she possibly could towards the sinking building.... I have to help.... she thought, as she battled the cold water and currents to reach the ragged girl's brother....

Zach nodded, and took Olivia by the hand, as the two of the walked out of the restaurant before getting stuck with the bill.

"... Theatrics...?" Ryan mumbled, as he paused and looked back as Aspen's scarf whipped behind him. "I'll get the bill." Ryan offered, as he walked up to the table again, and got out the last of his money, hoping that it would be enough to cover everything.

-==IC: Stacy==-

"I'm ready too." Stacy acknowledged with a nod, and paused, as she looked over to Ryan, and sighed.

"That's alright, I'll cover this. Go get the manager, would you, honey?" Stacy asked Natalie, as she stood there, looking subtly unimpressed at the nerve of the manager.

-==IC: Blade==-

"Such is the way of the legendary, I guess." Blade said with a shrug. Meanwhile, Anna simply kept her eyes narrowed at Am; not saying anything, but not impressed either.

Edited by An/A Blade

"Oh, Ryan, Stacy, I wouldn't dream of making you pay for our meals," Madison said, quickly grabbing her money. "You didn't even eat."

"Here's money for my share," Dack said, handing Madison some cash. He glanced at Luke. "Cough it up, Luke."

"Aw, that's not fair," Luke groaned as he fished out his money. "Dack, your share was only half a meal."

Palmer glanced at the Snowpoint trainers, and was about to reach for his wallet as well when he heard Stacy ask the waitress to get the manager. He paused, wondering what the woman had in mind.

"I-I'll go and get him," Natalie stammered, wondering how she was going to explain everything to her boss.

Cresselia watched her go with an amused look. Let's wait until the manager gets here, she told her fellow psychics. This could get interesting...

The small girl ran to the shore, staring after Lachina until she could see her no longer. Kiri ran after her, pulling her away from the water's edge. "There, there," she said, drawing the young girl into a comforting hug. "It'll be okay. Lachina looks like she knows what she's doing."

The girl cried into Kiri's arms, hugging her tightly. As Kiri held her, she noticed the girl's raggedy clothes, full of dirt marks and tattered edges. Looking down, she also saw that the girl was barefoot.

"Where are your parents?" she asked. "They must be awfully worried about you and your brother."

The girl shook her head. "We don't have any," she said. "It's j-just my br-brother and I."

"Oh, you poor thing," Kiri said, stroking the girl's hair. "Don't you worry." Even as she comforted the urchin girl, she looked worriedly at the water where Lachina had disappeared. Please hurry, she said silently.

IC - Sonja Baron - The Alamo, Halls:

They left the infirmary in relative silence. Sonja felt as if her head had been shrouded in a cloud, a self-contained storm of everything she had heard and spoken about that day all hurtling about at cyclonic speeds. Topics flung themselves in and out of her mind's eye, there one moment and gone the next, replaced again and again without warning.

T

It started from the beginning.

H

Team Magma--dropped into the very substance for which they had named themselves. Gone. They had no place in the war; they had no place in the world. Their time had come and gone. Hadn't it? Had they taken on more than they could feasibly handle? How could they have foreseen such a gruesome end? They couldn't. But did that warrant such brutality . . .?

E

What did they do?

C

Hojohsin League--President James Pierce--the entire Hoenn region--a puppet state controlled by Ford. Puppets. Mockeries of the true self controlled by strings held by one more powerful. Zach and Kyurem. It was Unova again. But was it worse? Was it better? To have the region ravaged, or to have it played against its knowledge. Which was worse? How did they do it? 

A

What did Ford do?

L

Seven Deadly Sins. Truly deadly. Seven Sinners; seven signers. Trainers appearing before those who held their sins. Team Galactic, Ryan Hikari, Team Liberty--all so different from one another, and yet all of them targets nonetheless. In the end, all the same.

L

What could they do?

D

Meghan Vert. That woman rubbed her the wrong way. Knowledgeable about the Sins. Useful. Visiting her--a necessary action. But she was demoted--after fighting a Sin. Lust and Greed. Which one was hers? Why? What did Vert do? Was that why had been she demoted? 'Finer lines' . . . Lines to be crossed? Lines never meant to be?

R

What did Vert do?

A

Melanie and Melissa Garven. Residents of Fortree. Ryan's friends. Also Sinners--Lust and Greed. What were they like before? Promiscuous? Selfish? Young, clearly--only as old as Ryan. Why them? Did they deserve what happened to them? Had they always known that something like that would happen?

W

What did they do?

S

A day ago things had seemed fine--or, at least, finer. The incident in Opelucid had hung on the air. That had not been good. It had been frustrating, particularly with everyone focusing instead on the dance. Yet now Sonja couldn't help but wish for another moment there, a momentary silence from what was occurring. Unova's destruction had toughened her; but even that could not fully stem the anxiety of knowing that things were not right. If only her inkling of danger had been wrong . . . But, it had not. And now they were paying the price.

N

Leave it to the world to offer a break, a reprieve, a chance to relax--only to just as suddenly pull the rug out from everyone's feet.

E

Always the case. Always so.

A

The girl named Sonja did not need to go to the Move Relearner.

R

"I'm going to check if Evan and Jenny are here," Sonja said to Ray. They were at a fork, one hall leading to the lobby, the other elsewhere; she wasn't sure of the exact destination. Right now, she did not really care all that much. The place was entirely too stuffy. All she wanted right now was fresh air--and some solitude. "I'm guessing you know where the Relearner is, since you know we have one. But if you do end up needing directions . . ." She nodded to the lobby, where the front desk lay. "They've got maps. I'll see you at the beach."

Sonja turned and left, putting her hands in her pockets.

A thought struck her as she walked.

She felt somewhat sick.

PREPARE

IC - Gavin Braner/Ethan Worth/Skye Hall - Celadon City, Park:

What a lovely day!

D

But not too lovely.

A

The sun was shining! But there were some clouds. Children were playing in the park, half a dozen young ones charging about and climbing all over the place! Some swung on swings, rocking back and forth until they had overtaken the sky, some of them even embracing their inner Flying-Type and launching themselves off of the chained seats! They flew through the air, landing staunchly and proudly upon the playground grounds, giggling with the rush of excitement! But their parents were admonishing them for being so reckless, so maybe it wasn't so great. At least they were having fun! But at what cost?

W

Skye sighed. She never knew how to feel about things. Positives and negatives; she saw both. Perhaps too many of both. They tried to balance each other out, and in the process, they simply became overwhelming. What should have been the middle-ground was instead a road filled with potholes and uneven tread marks where tires on the left and right had gradually dug separately-sized ditches into the road. Also she had to worry about cars coming at exactly one-half of her car, because this road had no middle-lane--just a dividing line that was situated directly under her vehicle.

N

Weird.

A

She did not know how Gavin and Ethan did what they did, nor how they co-existed and still managed to do that. She was almost envious. The two were like complete opposites of the same spectrum--on the right side was Ethan, all sunny and cheery and full of energy all the time; on the left, so glum and dark and serious, lay Gavin. Light and shadow. Or, more accurately, Yin and Yang. Co-existing, and primarily possessing certain features, yet also bearing the smallest traces of their counterpart. Because Ethan could be serious, and that was why he was considered the leader, right? And Gavin could crack a joke every once in a while, or at least attempt to--he wasn't completely stoic.

R

Skye did not know how they did it.

I

It occurred to her that she had used the word 'envious' to describe herself.

S

Was Envy still running around?

E

Perhaps it was best not to find out.

S

Middle-road it was.

That was fine, really. She was new, after all. New and not used to everything that Gavin and Ethan and the others had come to accept as normal. They had not simply started out where they were and remained the same ever since; they had grown into their roles and their personalities, and their experiences had changed them. They had learned, and they had adapted. She just had to do the same.

And in the meantime, she needed to avoid getting killed by the Sins or Ford or any of the other threats that lingered in the world.

That was a fairly important part of the equation.

The group entered the forested section of the park. It was dark, and quiet. The children playing could be heard in the distance, though they were quieter now. Ethan led the way into the woods, at home as he was among the trees. They did not go far--maybe ten minutes from the edge, at most. There, the older Rocket Agent stopped, turning about and observing the trees and foliage.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes with the action. Ethan's face split into a large smile. "This place . . ." he said, voice quiet. Then, more loudly--so loudly, in fact, that it caused both Gavin and Skye to jump--"IS AWESOME!"

"Are you trying to wake every Ursaring for a mile around?" Gavin asked.

As if in response, the bushes around them began to rustle. Numerous Bug-Type and Grass-Type Pokémon emerged, all of them looking rather ticked off by the sudden intrusion into their domain. Or perhaps it was simply that they, too, had just had their eardrums blasted by an obnoxious shout.

Though, they really didn't seem all that mad.

There were still a lot of them.

"The heck, Ethan?" Gavin said. He sent out Cain, hesitant to use any other member of his team. Every option seemed like overkill.

"Oh, come on!" Ethan said, grinning widely now. He sent out Serena and Baya, both of whom looked more than prepared to take on the hoard of challengers. "We came here to train, right? So let's get training!"

"Is that a Pancham?" Skye asked. She threw her two Poké Balls into the air; The Human Torchic and Spinarak-Man appeared, both noticeably more unnerved by the number of opponents than either of the other three Pokémon.

"Wait--a what?" Gavin looked where Skye was pointing. Indeed, a small panda-like Pokémon stood upon a branch, where he simultaneously leaned against the tree trunk and watched the group with a clear sense of boredom. Gavin knew immediately that he had to have it--Pangoro, after all, was part Dark-Type, and with a powerhouse like that on his team . . . He smiled darkly. "That one's mine!"

"I call the Joltik!" Ethan exclaimed. He really needed an Electric-Type, all things considered--particularly since Team Zephyr had shown him just how troublesome Flying-Types were.

Skye looked around, trying to decide what she wanted to catch.

The horde did not give her much time to decide before moving in to attack.

IC - Kyle Eston/Esen Windred - Lumiose City, Train Station:

Esen . . . What happened to you?

Head rested against the cold pillar. Eyes looking out across the sea of faces, resting upon the ailing wanderer. Sinking feeling, as a cloud being devoured and turned into rain.

Heartache.

R

You're so strong. So skillful. That hasn't changed--not badly. You always have been. But now even more so--I can barely comprehend it. All those times you talked about her . . . how she would make you unbeatable if she could . . . And here I had always thought that he was the stronger between them. Maybe not the strongest of the four, but those rumors . . . They were false, weren't they? He had better connections, a better public face . . . But she was stronger.

E

And so are you.

S

A smile.

E

A frown.

T

But you've weakened. You've lost part of yourself. You're so cold . . . So aloof . . . Do you even realize it? That you're missing a part of your own being? That you're a shell of a person? What happened to you? Was it her death? The betrayal--the speed with which it occurred? The refusal of a chance? I've heard what happened. How quickly she was condemned--and all because of a simple failure. A heartless Executive set upon her, hoping to take her place as head of the region by removing hers. How disgusting . . . But who is to blame? Them? Or the others, the ones who ousted her to begin with--who forced their hand?

Two men approached. One looked like he was covered in bandages. Odd. The other looked normal. Even odder. They seemed familiar to Esen. She did not react poorly. But she looked tired.

Sad.

Why?

Was it a boy? Was it this boy?

A hint of a chuckle that never escaped the lips.

Inappropriate. This was serious.

No; a boy couldn't do that to you. You're better than that. He looks nice, too . . . Not nice enough to never fight with you, but nice enough not to hurt you. Though I'd like to see him try . . .

Victoire sighed. Follow from a distance; interact when the time was right. Given enough time . . . another attempt could work.

It just doesn't make sense . . . Esen . . . Someone took you away, and I don't know where or who . . .

She boarded the train, watching--remaining in the distance, just beyond their notice.

What did they do to you . . .?

"Esen."

She awoke with a start to the feeling of someone gently rocking her shoulder. Her first instinct, stupor of sleep notwithstanding, was to grab their wrist and twist. Luckily she realized that it was Kyle standing in front of her before she could perform the second action. Instead her hand simply stopped on his, resting there as she blinked up at him, willing the fatigue out of her eyes. Everything still seemed so cloudy . . .

Why was she here now . . .?

"Uh . . ." Kyle glanced aside, uncomfortable with such a direct gaze. "How long have you been asleep here?"

His hand remained on her shoulder. It took her a moment to realize this; finally, she dropped her own hand, allowing him to remove his own. Esen shook her head, looking away. A nearby clock ticked onward. It seemed to be getting late.

"It doesn't matter," she said. Esen paused, glancing back at Kyle. Only then did she notice Cero standing behind him. He appeared uncertain of his own presence there. She nodded at him. "I remember him. Why's he here?"

"Cero?" Kyle asked. "He's coming with us. Doesn't have anything better to do, so why not?" He smiled. "Especially since we're exploring the region. Right?"

"I guess so." Esen wasn't assured. She needed fewer people around, not more. Why had she even waited for Kyle? She could have left . . .

Where had that come from?

What had she done today . . .?

Perhaps it was the city. It was too big. Esen did not enjoy it. Too many people; too much activity. Like the Liberty Ball all over again. Strangers all around. It was uncomfortable. Not necessarily bad--she had traveled tons of places, finding strangers everywhere she went. It was easy enough to avoid them, to not interact. To be forced into interaction, on the other hand . . . That was intolerable. Then again, she was not being forced into a social interaction here--at least not with the majority of people. Except for Kyle, and now Cero. Both were still strangers in her eyes. Kyle less so, but even still . . .

Forced to be with Kyle . . . Was this trip not by choice?

She could leave at any time.

Something felt off.

What was it?

Lumiose City? She did not know. But Esen did feel sick; that was plain enough. Perhaps she needed to get away from it all . . . Find someplace quiet . . . Rest some more . . .

Kyle watched her with a deep concern etched into his features. "Esen? Are you feeling okay?"

Ace's daughter forced a nod. "We should get going," she said at length. "I'm getting tired of the city, and only a few more trains are leaving tonight . . ." Esen stood up. Not the best idea. She felt sick.

Ace's daughter forced herself through the sensation.

He seemed unconvinced of her health, though she was walking away and not providing him a chance to press the issue any further. So, he looked at Cero, shrugged an apology, and followed after her, keenly aware at every moment of the fact that something felt very, very off about his traveling companion. Cero followed them. "Where should we go?" Kyle asked. As they passed by an information desk, he grabbed a train schedule. "It looks like there's a train going to Camphrier Town, and another going to Dendemille Town. Either of those sound appealing to you?"

Ace's daughter paused. "Dendemille," she said. "I've been looking to catch a Noivern, and it's the perfect place."

Finally, something coherent. "Dendemille, it is," Kyle said.

He approached the desk, figuring it would be best to cut out the middle-man for now, and purchased tickets for all three of them. After handing them out, they boarded the train. It was surprisingly empty, just enough that they were able to find three seats in their cart. Two lay next to each other, facing the third. Esen and Kyle took the double-seat, allowing Cero to take the free single.

As the train began to move, Kyle glanced at Esen. The trainer's eyelids drooped, and she was leaning heavily against him. The Liberty Agent adjusted his posture. "Esen?" he said. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Ace's daughter rubbed her head against his shoulder, struggling to stay awake. "I'm fine, Kyle . . . stop wor . . ."

She fell asleep, head dropping against his chest. Kyle had to quickly move an arm to support her. He sighed, looking at Cero helplessly as memories flooded back to the forefront of his mind. 

The lack of closure still hurt.

He resigned himself to the situation. She'd have to get up once they arrived in Dendemille. Once there . . . Well, hopefully Esen would get a good night's rest and go back to her normal self tomorrow. Or something close to it. Some may have found this behavior cute, but to him, it was just plain disconcerting, not to mention concerning.

Kyle glanced back at Cero, hoping to make the situation a bit less awkward. "So . . . You're a strong battler," he said, doing his best to pretend that Esen was not sleeping against him. "How long have you been a trainer?"

IC - Joker/Sam Moreno/Will Moreno - Blackthorn City, Moreno Estate:

This was by far the most terrifying situation that Sam Moreno had ever been a part of.

Perhaps it was because her situation in life was . . . unique. She came from privilege. Like, a lot of privilege. Her family was rich. Her mother was quite literally the leader of a country--almost a union, except that she shared that position with Elijah Alaric (Sleight? Sleight. Most people call him Sleight.) Armed guards traveled with her wherever she went--never out in the open, out of preference, but they were still there, always watching. She was protected. Perhaps even sheltered. Even her own personal battle training had been just that--personal. A home tutored teenager. Little field experience.

She was strong--somewhat, anyway. She was not experienced.

S

Up to now, the worst thing she had ever had to face directly was the Unown swarm that had taken over the skies for a period of time. But they had vanished without a trace. Not even the Darkrai had gone near her, for they had largely steered clear of Johto. Their actions had been much like the Liberty-Rocket War: A distant affair of which she had only ever heard of, and never truly seen or felt herself.

A

Well, that was only partly true. But that partial truth was painful to think about, so she didn't.

M

Instead, she thought about the current situation.

A

Gladiator moved in front of them. Seer continued to support her, even using a small dose of psychic energy to help keep her injured leg still. All in all, their issues were not terribly severe.

R

All she had to worry about was the Darkrai in their lobby, which was currently battling her mother.

A

Her mother.

M

Parent.

O

Singular.

R

The entire building seemed to shake from the force of the distant battle. She couldn't help but squeak in terror. Will, of course, remained completely silent. He did not seem unnerved in the slightest. Sam did not know how he managed to be that way all of the time.

E

Except, well, yes she did. It was his power. Just like their mother's. Psychic abilities, brewed within the blood, accessible at a whim and yet always active anyway. An unfair advantage at its very core. To have those abilities meant to always know what was going on around you, and through them, to have untold perception and courage--an absolute check against surprises.

N

For those who lacked such power, life was comparatively more difficult.

O

And that was why Sam did not know what was going through Will's head until he came to a sudden halt behind them. Their two Pokémon guards only stopped because Sam had made a point of checking behind them and noticed that he wasn't moving anymore. She shifted uncomfortably on her uninjured foot. "Will, come on!"

I

"We can't leave yet," he said.

S

"Yes, we can," Sam said, more firmly than before. "Mom told us to let her deal with that Pokémon!"

U

"I know--I'm not worried about her," Will said. "But we didn't grab Dad, did we?"

S

Sam's heart dropped. "Will . . ." she said. "I'm . . . I'm sure he'll be fine until we come back . . ."

E

"You don't know that," he said. He did not mean it to be cruel--in fact the way he said it carried no weight; it was a simple matter-of-fact statement. But it may as well have knocked his sister to the ground with the implied remark behind it. He turned around, placing a hand on the wall. "Don't worry--you go on ahead. I'll catch up in just a few minutes."

L

He slipped away.

E

It took Sam several minutes to find the willpower to say anything. Finally, she looked at Seer. "Can you . . .?" The Psi Pokémon nodded, guessing what she was going to say before she finished. After letting Aegislash take his place supporting her, the Psychic-Type ran after the younger Moreno sibling, psychically scanning for danger as he went.

S

Sam remained standing utterly still for a long moment, staring down at the floor. Her eyes burned. Gladiator crooned at her, giving her a gentle rock of the shoulders. It made her feel slightly better, enough that she allowed the Royal Sword Pokémon to continue leading her toward the back door.

S

This Darkrai was powerful.

Phantom had joined the brawl. His power combined with Watcher's and Cyclops's should have proved enough to keep the Darkrai busy. And it did. But it still showed no signs of slowing down. It seemed more annoyed by the combatants than anything; and though they landed hits again and again, it continued to attack full-force. Was it simply fighting through the pain, or were their powers truly doing so little damage?

Joker suspected it was the former.

Though it continued to power through their efforts, there was no denying the fact that this Darkrai's movements were off. A regular trainer might not have noticed, but it was sluggish in certain regards. It did not retaliate as quickly as possible--it took a minute amount of time to recuperate from the hits and gather its energy before returning attacks.

All in all, the Darkrai seemed tired.

That was something to capitalize on.

"Phantom, Watcher, both of you use Hypnosis!" the Shadow Admin of Johto ordered. The Darkrai glowered at her, raising a hand and unleashing a Shadow Ball in her direction. Joker ran forward and ducked under it, using her own psychic abilities to manipulate her direction of movement. Above, Phantom floated before the Darkrai, locking eyes with it and attempting to put it to sleep; Watcher did much the same from the ground. To Joker's chagrin, the Darkrai slipped into the shadows, reappearing in a high corner to avoid the attack.

Cyclops was close behind. The Dusknoir suddenly emerged from the darkness above the Nightmare Pokémon, slamming a Focus Punch into its chest. The Darkrai gasped in pain as he was thrown downward, slamming into the ground.

It was stunned.

Joker stepped back. "Everyone, direct attacks--"

It was not stunned.

The Darkrai reached into the shadows around it. Its hand reappeared beside Joker, manipulating the darkness in order to create a massive hand of shadow. Then the Legendary Pokémon sunk back into the ground, reappearing with the rest of its body beside the Shadow Admin. She stared at it, face to face, struggling to break free.

Just as the shadows began to engulf her, she felt a sensation of energy wash over her body. The next instant, she was out of the Darkrai's grasp, standing now where Watcher had been before; she stumbled and fell from the sudden teleportation. The Hypno had willingly taken her place using Switcheroo, swapping his position with what the Darkrai had been holding.

"Watcher!" Joker moved to recall the Psychic-Type.

It was no use. The Dark Void struck, casting the Hypno into a deep slumber. The Darkrai cast him aside, floating now toward the door that Sam and Will had gone through. Joker scrambled to stand up, watching as Phantom and Cyclops moved to intercept the Dark-Type. They, too, were effortlessly batted away as the Darkrai began to regain its strength. At the sight of the Shadow Admin charging after it, the Darkrai drew its arm back, swiping forward. The attack caused a ripple of space to reverberate toward Joker, slamming into her and throwing her across the room. She shouted in pain as her arm broke beneath her.

The Darkrai blinked once in her direction, and then blasted through the door, continuing to search for its quarry.

Joker growled furiously, teeth clenched in pain as she struggled to push herself up. "Darkrai . . . Come back here . . ." she seethed. The Shadow Admin began crawling toward the destroyed wall. "I won't . . . let you . . ." She fell, gripping her arm. Joker could hardly concentrate, her breath coming in uneven gasps. She rested her head against the cold floor, eyes blurring with angry tears. Joker closed her eyes. "They got out . . . They had to . . . Please . . ." They did not.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: He wondered about Esen. This was something he had never witnessed, and thought it seemed to be of concern to Kyle, Cero was more curious to discover its meaning.

Kyle spoke.

Was he really strong? Again, his answer option amounted to a dead end. He had no way of knowing.

Whatever the case, he remembered traveling with Pokemon since the Darkrai were defeated, so he supposed he could say that. But that wasn't the whole story.

When he first looked at Piedra after the accident, he remembered, there had been a vague feeling of satisfaction. His growth into a trainer hadn't been just about finding his own place but about being more satisfied with it. He couldn't say that he had totally developed his calmness under fire or his attention to detail, either. So perhaps by taking the path of battle, he had been fulfilling his past inclination.

Yet there was also the memory that had come to him in Goldenrod of the Armor Bird, the Skarmory. If he had really battled before, he wouldn't have allowed that kind of abusive violence. He was sure of it.

His hand massaged the back of his head as he thought. He unconsciously shifted from characteristic military sit, with arms restrained at his sides and legs neatly parallel, draping his torso over the single and crossing his right leg over his left.

"Since the Darkrai's defeat," he settled.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Megan

The girl glanced back at the centaurian centipede, eyebrow raised slightly and a small smirk on her mouth.  The Pokémon seemed not to notice the fact that he was currently garnering some attention.  Of course, he broke the act once one of his yellow eyes focused itself on the group.

"Oh I'm sure he'll be more than happy to show off- err, help," She replied, looking back over to the assembled trainers, before turning as Caliburn chimed to get everyone's attention.  Her questioning gaze followed the Aegislash and away from their group, focusing on a dark shape.  She gave a small sound of surprise as the bird Pokémon weaved it's way through them, though smiled as the trainer walked out to introduce himself, and gave a small wave.

"Hey, I'm Megan," she said, before tilting her head back at the rest of the group, "That's Eli, Jake's over there, Jake's right there, and the ball of energy is Ruth."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Jake

"Yeah, somehow I got labeled as Jake two, even though the other 'Jake' is actually Jacob. Anyway, nice to meet you," he said with a smile. Pikachu, annoyed at not being introduced, jumped onto Jake's shoulder and lightly thwapped the back of his trainer's head with his tail. "Oh yeah, and this is Pikachu. Word of advice: don't let him near any hats." Pikachu just cackled and jumped back to the ground.

IC: (James)

“Thank you sir, I shall” the newly off-probation James said simply before bowing gracefully and then turned to leave. James’ team had already left independently of their owner, in the same pairs they had spent a certain evening with, much to James’ chagrin. He would have loved to have seen Guinevere safe and unharmed. As he turned to leave, he nodded to Roderick, who followed him out.

The pair spoke for a short while as they walked, mostly pleasant small-talk until Roderick finally spoke up “James?”

“Yes Mr. Krane?”

“Do you mind me asking about why you were on probation?”

James halted at that question and Roderick halted in turn.

“No, but… please let me have a little time. I will tell you about it soon, just not now. I know of an excellent café that we could catch up at, and I could tell you then, but not this moment.”

Roderick looked at James for a moment but then relented, “Very well. I’ll take you up on your offer then.”

The two soon parted after a couple minutes of a conversation that had lost most of its meaning. As James began to walk away, a buzz in his pocket alerted him to a text message sent to his phone.

Subject: Executive

James Arthur,

This message is to let you know that you are officially restored as a Team Liberty Executive with the full privileges and responsibilities that come with.

-Goldhawk

As James walked back to his office, (which was once again, undisputedly his), he decided that if he were a petty man, he would go find the nearest passerby Liberty agent and give them a random stupid order, solely because he could. If he were a really petty man, he would rub the news into the former Executive Vert’s face. And if he were an extremely petty man, he would order random agents to stand in the former Executive Vert’s presence and give her insipid or inane messages. But considering if he were a petty man, he would likely not have gotten his rank back, or have gotten such a rank in the first place. Thus it was best to leave such shenanigans buried in fantasy.

No, he had a more serious agenda than to torment random or specific people. There was someone or rather, some legend that he wanted an explanation from, as when he further examined their most recent actions, he found them quite… odd. On top of being odd, they seemed either wasteful or disgraceful, almost as bad as abandoning Team Magma to its fate. He was never close to anyone in Team Magma or particularly valued them. But human life was valuable, at least enough not to be thrown away unless there was a very good reason, one he could not think of. The thought that this legend might have, or in this specific case, be continuing to do so was unsettling for James at the least.

James opened the door to his room, shut it behind him, and locked it. Sitting on his chair was Celebi, the very legend he sought. The Legendary Pokémon perked up as she saw James enter the room.

Hi, so you’re finally back from-

“Celebi,” James interrupted, a surprisingly rude action from the normally polite James, “I need you to be honest with me. You did not need the help of anyone to search the Magma compound. With your power, it would have been child’s play to search the compound in a few instants… You could even have saved all of Team Magma. No… You are still capable of it. Are you not?”

There was a look of surprise on Celebi’s face at James’ words, but the emotion along with any others soon drained from her face.

…You’re right, I could have before and I can still now. But I didn’t, and I won’t. Not now, and as far as I can see, not ever.

The words were relayed to James telepathically, but it felt indescribably different from what the Grass-Psychic normally used, or any other telepath he had met. While he felt no Psychic power forcing his mind, he found himself unable to focus on anything but the Celebi who rose before him.

Among us who shape nature as you know it, there are some of us who believe we should take an active step in shaping mortal history. I am not among these. A different faction of us instead believes that we should not interfere with mortal history either by complete avoidance or instead only acting in mortal history the way any mortal Pokémon would.

The way that Celebi now spoke to James, made him feel that until now, the Time Travel Pokemon had only ever spoken through a façade, one that was now dropped in favor of speaking as a force of nature given a voice. To say the sudden change in personality surprised James was an understatement.

To have saved Team Magma would have broken this creed. To this faction, that action would have been no different than if Arceus were to come down and destroy free will to keep the mortal world safe and happy. There is also the matter that if and when legends choose differing sides of a mortal conflict as we did here and then use the fullest of our power to clash, the result would be… unhealthy for the world.

At that point Celebi sighed before saying, Though about the whole 'not able to search the facility in time' thing. That was less me trying not to interfere as an immortal and more trying interfering as a mortal.

The feeling that James had from Celebi faded in a moment, and the façade James knew was restored.

“What do you mean?”

Think about it this way: if I had done all the work, would you have ended up negotiating with Joker in order to save people? By the way, you managed to treat those people you saved as people and not just resources to be used. Good on you.

James was quiet because he was considering what Celebi was saying, and partially because he took the back-handed compliment quite badly.

Sorry, that one goes too far. But the point sticks. You set aside your own feelings to focus on saving people, and that ended up building up some credit between Team Liberty and Team Rocket, because she helped you for absolutely free!

“Not out of her not asking for her prize. And us agreeing to said price.”

Yeah… to be fair, we really should have expected something like her buddy swooping in to happen.

Which you definitely will not undo, even if you could…
James thought to himself, regardless of whether the Psychic could hear him or not.

“…So to be clear, you lied to me in order to trick me into negotiating with Joker?”

It was one good old Nasty Plot to get you to play nice with Joker and it worked pretty well, all things considered.

James was silent a moment before he gave a wistful smile and admitted “Well played, Madam Celebi.”

Celebi bowed in a fashion similar to how the Executive would. He was not sure if he was being mocked.

You have much to learn, Jimmy-boy. When you hit rock-bottom, I decided to take matters into my own hands and be your teacher. Don’t worry, I’m great with keeping schedules. Oh speaking of, you need to get to the beach two hours ago.

James was shocked as Celebi opened a gate in space-time to James’ right, “But you said you were of a faction that would not use their matters to affect mortal affairs!”

I said the faction existed, not that I -completely- agree with them. Mostly do. Have fun on the beach, don’t come back until you leave!

Before the poor Executive could react, the Celebi was in his face. And with a wink, she pushed him through the gate.

IC: (Richard/Gawain/Claus)

Song’s… over… huh… Gawain said between deep breaths. He returned the shoulder pat with a nod before hauling himself to look for a place to sit down. Between the pain from that last attack, one he was sure he really would have enjoyed watching, and all damage he had suffered up until now, he needed a nap and a long one at that.

“I can’t believe I lost in the sacred art of musical battling,” Richard said while thinking ‘I can’t believe I lost in the random thing I just made up.

I can, Hades said, glad to able to stop dancing, I just can't believe you got someone to go along with it in the first place.

Flint was saddened for a moment when he realized that he wouldn’t get to dance on either Richard or Evan until he heard “So dinner theatre time?” Claus as he began to distribute snacks to any and all takers.

“Well alright then. A deal is a deal. A performance I promised, and a performance you shall have!”

The bard climb a nearby rock for a stage (with the help of Ocenaus). He paused for a moment as he decided how he would play his song. Richard wanted to regale his audience with a grand story, but as he didn’t have enough time to truly write a song, he figured he had to wing it. He began with a soft melody, and planned to build until the climatic Outrage, and then become gentle once more. He did his best to try and fit his lyrics to a rhyme scheme. However, as he couldn’t really figure out his lyrics before, Richard’s lyrics were improvised, and it showed in the occasionally inconsistency with his rhyming. But the tale was told, of a knight both wrathful and tragic, his clash with a mighty dragon, and the resolve that let him stand even in defeat.

Gawain sat down by a rock, began his performance he rested his aching body. He decided that he deserved a good siesta after -that- whole battle. The ‘knight’ was about to finally close his eyes and keep to his rest, when he saw his ‘lord’ walking up to him.

IC: (James)

“Well that was unpleasant,” James muttered as he dusted sand from his suit. He would now need to get the suit dry-cleaned.

James had no idea why Celebi had thrown him onto the beach the way she did. Back into the past no less. But since heading home early ran the risk of him meeting himself, he decided he would play Celebi’s game, and find why he was here. James heard the sound of music, and decided to head in that direction. He did not go far before he saw a Pokemon battle going on in the distance. One of the trainers had a Garchomp while the other was using a Swampert.

It took James a minute to realize that the Swampert had red stripes on his head fins.

“Gawain?”

As he took a few steps closer, it became much easier for James to tell that indeed, the Swampert that was currently fighting was the one he dubbed Gawain.

It also became easier to register that the music was coming from the battle itself. The trainers were definitely singing. About what he could not quite hear, but it appeared as if they were commanding the Pokémon in song.

I am sure there is a story behind this one…

James moved only close enough to be able watch the battle clearly. The longer he watched, the more apparent the Garchomp’s prowess in combat, even in the strange format of battle he was currently watching. But in the end, it was Gawain who surprised him far more. The ferocity of the Outrage caused James to break into a run, and a bit of panic when he saw Gawain knocked down.

But then Gawain got back up.

The Swampert’s true trainer was stunned. The display of resolve from the Swampert he trained was far greater than anything he had seen before.

Is this what you wished for me to see, Celebi? Is this the resolve that I need?

James stood still for a moment, thinking silently. He knew the moment he overcame his Sin, but never placed the thought into words. But no more.

I need to make amends, and I need to start now. I am not sure of how I can accomplish this. But I know how I might start, the Swampert’s trainer resolved and he began to walk forward.

The Swampert did not see him until James was only a few feet away. To say that the Water-Ground type was shocked was an understatement.

“Gawain.”

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Ray==-

First Ryan gave him an odd look as he left. Then Sonja was quiet and wanted to head straight to the beach.

... I... Okay then. Ray was slightly confused, but nodded to Sonja as she left. Guess it's to be expected, but... She looked off. Ray said, as he watched her go for a moment, and then headed toward the lobby.

As Ray walked, he thought over everything that had happened the last few days...

Jenny was kidnapped; but he found her before anything happened, and it had seemed to be more a trap for him than anyone.

That Kane guy was in Opelucid, and seemed oddly familiar, and he thought even reminded him of someone he'd seen before. However, he just couldn't recall why, because he was horrible with faces until it was too late.

Then there was the dance, and how that just utterly imploded on top of everything else from those few days. But that's okay, he wasn't really the keenest of dancers anyway.

But then there was the aftermath, and how Ryan had blown up at him afterward. What was that about, seriously? He could only guess at the why, but between it being Ryan's fault that he had gotten hit, and just generally that coming out of the blue...

Then there was all of that day. First they talk to Evan and he finds out that Gerald was let get away, and a little more about what was going on, then they convince him to appear at the Alamo for once since a couple days earlier.

After that, everything seemed to be looking up; Sonja had two evolutions, Orihime shocked everyone, and then Ryan went and butted in and caused Sonja to just get so focused and everything.

Then they found out the R&D department was destroyed, then they found Team Magma had been destroyed, then they found out the 'Sins' were behind the R&D department's destruction...

And then they found out about Ryan's friends being two of the Sins.

Ray stopped in the middle of the hall, as he looked down at the map, only partially focused on it.

Yeah... It definitely makes sense why Sonja would be off. The last few days have just been a whirlwind... Just like what the R&D department looked like. Ray thought, as he tried to focus on it too. For all purposes, it didn't totally make a lot of logical sense; why was everything happening so quickly so soon? But yet, Sonja had told them. And they hadn't listened to her. Ray looked down at the tug on his pantleg, and noticed Orihime had let herself out of her Pokeball, and was the reason for that.

"... Yeah, it's been a long day, hasn't it?" Ray mumbled, as the Togepi pointed at the room in front of them. Ray looked up, and then smiled, as it turned out that they had found the Move Relearner.

"Yes? What can I help you with?" One of the people present asked in a gruff tone, as Ray was caught off guard for a moment, but then smiled.

"I'd like to have some moves remembered." Ray said, as he had been doing research on the subject in the last little while, but just never found the time to, between helping with repairs in different places, and then just being so busy recently.

"Alright. Hand the list over, and give us about five hours. Should be done by tomorrow. Big backlog." The person said, just as gruffly, and Ray frowned slightly, and scratched his head.

"... D-do I need to be here the entire time?" Ray asked, but the person simply shook his head in response. "Alright then. Here's the list, and here's my Pokemon." Ray said, as he handed over the list and the Pokemon that were getting moves updated. The employee nodded, and set the list and Pokeballs to the side, and then stared at Ray.

"Alright; what else do you want? If that's it, skedaddle. Pay on pickup, tomorrow morning." The employee said, and Ray stepped back, uneasy about the guy, but nodded, and then headed off to make his way out of the building and to the beach...

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny watched as the final attack hit, and was very impressed, by both the Swampert and Gnip.

"Very nice work, everyone!" Jenny said, as she jumped into the air to strike a pose, and then promptly gravity took a hold of her, and forced her to the ground before her feet were properly placed. Even at the fall, Jenny laughed it off, and then stood up, brushing herself off.

Today's definitely been an interesting day. She thought with a smile, and then paused, as she noticed someone approaching the Swampert. She was somewhat confused, as the guy called the Swampert by name, and watched curiously. Does he know the Swampert...?

OOC: Incoming jam between Kon and I!

-==IC: Ryan/Lucia/Stacy==-

It wasn't long before Natalie returned, with her manager in tow. The manager was a rather burly man, who peered at the group from behind black rimmed glasses. He furled his moustache at the small crowd of Psychic Pokémon that were just standing (or in some cases floating) around in the middle of the dining area. At Natalie's prompt, he turned his attention to the group of trainers, surprised that they were almost all standing. "What seems to be the problem?" he asked with a deep frown.

Stacy walked forward with a frown on her face, the middle-aged woman sizing up the manager. "What is the problem?" She repeated, an unimpressed look on her face, as she crossed her arms. "Well, I'd like to question your policies on emergencies, for one."

A few of the guests at surrounding tables paused to look at the confrontation. The manager's lip quivered. "Is someone choking?" he asked. "Food poisoning? Allergies? What is the problem here?"

"The problem?" Stacy raised an eyebrow again, as she instead placed a hand on her hip. "The problem is that an army will be attacking Celadon sometime today, and I'm wondering if there's any sort of clause to deal with that." Stacy said bluntly, as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"An army?" The manager cried. "I've heard no such thing! You can't expect to get a free meal just because you claim the sky is falling! I don't care if you tell me Arceus is descending from the heavens for an afternoon stroll in the department store! Until you offer me some substantial proof, I refuse to believe it!"

Stacy decided to examine her fingernails for a moment. "Really now." Stacy said, as she looked up from her hand toward the manager, giving him a piercing glare, and then looked over toward the others. "Well, how about explaining the proof?"

Cresselia floated up to the manager, narrowing her eyes. You want proof? she said, her eyes starting to glow. I'll give you all the proof you need! Early this morning, Sootopolis was attacked. The Lunar Pokémon sent out a pulse of psychic energy, and suddenly everyone in the restaurant saw an image of Groudon roaring and stomping the crater city flat. The attack, however, was nothing more than an elaborate hoax set up by an insane Rocket Executive named Wright. The image shifted to a scene of the pseudo-Groudon reverting back into a Ditto, followed by Dack pinning the cloaked executive to the ground. She made it clear that her next target was Celadon, and that she would be bringing an army. We are doing what we can to prepare, but we need your help as well. The image faded, revealing that Cresselia had floated toward the center of the dining area, addressing everyone there. Whether you evacuate the city or stay and fight, the choice is yours. She turned back to the manager, a dangerous glint in her eyes. Now is not the time to be concerned with bills. The fate of your city is at stake.

The manager's brow twitched, and he opened his mouth, but couldn't seem to decide what to say. The customers around him murmured softly, wondering if what the Lunar Pokémon had said was true.

"Sir, Zach's my friend," Natalie said. "I can vouch for..." her voice trailed off as she realized that Zach had vanished from the group.

Stacy looked back as Natalie noticed the missing Zach, and sighed. "Guess he took Ryan's leaving him out personally or something." Stacy mumbled, but then looked back to the manager with a frown, as she looked toward the manager again.

"Do you know who I am? I am Stacy Trilan. I am the COO of the Leavanny Strauss clothing corporation. My husband is the CEO of the Clean Energy Corporation. You do know what those are, correct?" Stacy asked, as she looked down at the manager in skepticism.

The manager gulped, taking a step back from Stacy. He composed himself with a cough, then looked around at the customers, all of whom were staring at him. "Well, what are you doing just sitting there?" he cried furiously. "You heard the Cresselia! There's an army coming! Go home, gather your families, and either get them to safety or be prepared to fight! All your meals are on the house!"

"S-sir..." the waitress asked timidly. "My shift was almost over... do you think I could...?"

"Go home to your family, Natalie," the manager said. He glanced at Stacy and the other trainers. "Sorry about the confusion," he said gruffly.

Stacy smiled slightly, barely managing to keep it friendly instead of a smirk, and then nodded to the manager. "You are forgiven." Stacy said, but then paused. "We were also wondering if it might perhaps be possible to borrow the building for a little while. We'll make sure that we don't cause any damage to the place, in that case." Stacy said, trying her best to not seem too pleased at the outcome.

"Borrow the building?" he cried in outrage. "Now you go too far!"

"Sir, we were hoping to use the restaurant as a base of operations," Madison said. "It's inconspicuous, but situated in the middle of the city."

"Hrm, the Olivine Garden, base of operations for the defenders of the city," the manager said, stroking his moustache with a smile. "That would be perfect for publicity! You're welcome to use the restaurant as you see fit."

Stacy's expression changed very subtly to one of annoyance for a couple seconds at the manager's reaction, but nodded. "Thank you, sir." The aunt said, as she figured that hopefully would be it, as the manager still seemed to be rather irritating to her.

"Well then," the manager said. "Anything else you need from me?"

Stacy shook her head. "That seems to be it." Stacy said, as she looked over to the rest of the group; of which Ryan and Lucia were staring in shock and awe.

Olivia saw people trying to pay for the meal, and began to reach for her own wallet. "I can p-" she began, until Zach dragged her out of the restaurant before she could finish. "Zach? Are you a little annoyed or something?" the trainer asked worriedly.

"We can't thank you enough for your generosity, Mr. Manager." the middle Seaton said in a sweet voice. "We'll do our best to defend your city." she promised, before turning to Stacy and Palmer. "So.... Are we really ready now?"

Aspen was, like Stacy, unimpressed by the continued nerve of the manager to keep thinking about business and profit in such times. At least Stacy knew better and was willing to get her hands dirty..... The trainer shot the manager a dirty glare but said nothing, knowing Dahlia would chew him out for it and they would likely lose their hard-fought support.

"If you doubt Cresselia still, then you will regret your decision once the army arrives." Aria said. "I was there, and that Executive is vicious. Do you know how much it took to bring down her false Groudon? In fact, I was the one who-"

"I was there too." Amethyst cut in, not wanting Aria to reveal she had used chunks of the buildings as ammo. That wouldn't have made them look good in the eyes of the restaurantgoes.... "We all fought, and were willing to defend Sootopolis at all costs... Even if it meant making pseudo-Groudon serve himself a knuckle sandwich." the Gardevoir said, projecting an image of precisely that scenario. "You can expect the same dedication for the safety of your city, I swear it."

Have to.... Reach him....

Lachina pushed herself to her absolute limit. Ranger training made her much, much fitter than the average human being.... And yet she still felt too slow when trying to save the ragged girl's brother. She pushed herself on, and on, and on, and on..... Before finally reaching the building sinking under the water. There wasn't a way to get in from the surface, so Lachina brought out her compact aqua lung, and dove beneath the surface.

The Ranger saw a young boy inside the building, his legs pinned by a support beam. He didn't appear to be concious either..... Lachina didn't waste any time before swimming inside the building quickly, and desperately tried to free his leg.... To no success. For all her Ranger training, this was still too much for her.

No..... I can't let him die...... she thought desperately, swimming outside the building. If I can't free him, there's gotta be a Pokemon around here who can....

Various aquatic Pokemon fled from the falling building..... None of them seemed to be strong enough to help though.... Until Lachina saw a Tentacruel. The Ranger quickly held out her arm, and launched the Capture Disk off her Styler, as it circled around the Pokemon and surrounded it with a white ring of energy.

Please.... I need your help..... she thought desperately, while she swung her arm downwards, the circle of energy closing in on the Tentacruel. Luckily for her, it nodded back, and swam over to her side. Lachina was overwhelmed by relief as she swam back into the building, along with her new partner. When they reached the support beam, the Jellyfish Pokemon grabbed the metal beam and effortlessly pried it open, allowing Lachina to grab the unconscious boy.

Thank you so much! she thought, as the Tentacruel swam away afterwards. Lachina put the similarly ragged boy's arm around her shoulder, and swam out of the building, up to the surface. Taking a moment to remove her aqua lung, the Ranger kicked furiously back to shore.

I told you I would save him..... And I always keep a promise.

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

Zach blinked, as he tilted his head at Olivia, not knowing what was going on inside the restaurant right then.

"No; actually, I just wanted a break from paying." Zach said with a small laugh, and scratched his head awkwardly. "Sorry, just thought we should like, save our money for the department store, and in general..." Zach said with a sheepish smile at Olivia, and thought for a moment, as he thought about the store in question.

"Hmm, I wonder what's there, anyway...? Haven't been here for an extended period of time for a while, so I'm not quite sure, honestly." Zach said, as he began to walk toward where the department store was.

Dack quickly took his money back and pushed his way away from the crowded table. All this talk of going, he thought impatiently. But no one's actually going.

Madison saw Dack leave out of the corner of her eye. Nodding her thanks to the manager, she quickly grabbed Luke and followed Dack outside the restaurant. "Seriously, Dack. There's this thing called 'waiting.' You should try it sometime."

Dack did not crack a smile. "We've waited long enough," he said, walking away at a brisk pace. "If that Ryan really wants to join us, he can catch up."

"Woah, hold up!" Luke cried. "Do you even know where you're going?"

"Dahlia read off the address from her PokéGear," Dack replied. "And I happened to have a map of the city laying on the table in front of me at the time. I know exactly where I'm going."

Madison gave an irritated sigh. She didn't want to make Ryan have to catch up to them all by himself. But armed with no such map, the skier would have been lost if she tried anything other than follow right behind Dack. She glanced behind her, hoping Ryan would take the hint.

Back in the restaurant, Palmer gave Stacy a grin, then nodded at Dahlia. "I think we're ready."

The rest of the restaurant guests here completely focused on Amethyst and Aria, captivated by their battle in Sootopolis. Cresselia spoke up once more. What happened in Sootopolis isn't the point here, she said. The point is, the same thing could happen to Celadon. That's why we have to be prepared and plan a defense.

"Are you gonna make this lunatic executive hit herself in the head, too?" someone asked.

"Look!" Kiri cried, a smile breaking out on her face as Lachina broke the surface. "She made it!"

The urchin girl tore herself away from Kiri's arms and raced back to the water's edge, peering closely at the Ranger and her brother. Kiri held out a hand to help Lachina climb ashore. The small girl pulled her brother away from Lachina, wrapping her arms around him. She recoiled when she felt his cold, clammy skin. The street urchin shook her brother by the shoulders, but he didn't respond. She looked up at Kiri and Lachina fearfully, tears running down her face once more.

"I-Is he...?"

IC: Zoe
The Warrior Princess sat in the sand near the Space Princess and her Ex-Hero, her Meditite resting on her head. As the brave fighter and musical battle judge munched on her snack, she silently lamented that while Meditites did make wonderful headwear, they were not compatible with dog ears. Or attempted dog ear tufts, for that matter. And so Zoe sat in the sand with a pout on her face as Richard began his song.

From the time she had first heard him play Moon Princess for her sister, Zoe knew that there was something magical about the bard's music. She had seen it again when the power of a violin and a singing puffball brought a raging Swampert back to its senses. But now, she felt the effects for herself. The music and improvised lyrics transported her back to the thrill of the musical battle, and she felt like she were actually participating in it, rather than merely judging. The incredible attacks, the over-the-top dance routines, and the bravery of a single knight who was determined to stand tall for those whom he had once fought with blind rage. It was enough to make Zoe forget her dog eared predicament, along with any other worries she had. In that moment, she was completely enraptured by the music.

So much so, that she didn't even notice the approaching fellow until he called out for the noble knight by name. She curiously turned her head. She did a double take. "Hey!" Zoe cried out. "I know you -- you're Mister Fancy Pants! You almost went on that mission with Collie and Executive Aura!" She tilted her head curiously, forcing poor Merida to cling on for dear life. "Do you know Sir Knight here? You called him 'Gawain.' How'd you know that?"

== Yugo Doeski ==
== Pidgey(Airazor) == Sandslash == Charmander(Spitfire) ==

IC: Yugo looked to each of the others in turn as did Airazor as Megan introduced herself then the others in turn. "It is very nice to meet you Megan and all of you." Yugo focused in on Pikachu as it was suggested it was a hat thief. Yugo laughed at Jake's explanation of his Pikachu's selective kleptomania. Airazor, on the other hand was not as lax about dismissing the electric mouse Pokémon. She was uneasy about being so close. "Well I guess I could call you Jake or Jake two whatever you prefer."

Yugo was noticing how uneasy Airazor was getting so he thought it better if she be returned to her poke ball. "Airazor maybe you better take a rest for a while." Taking the red ball from its pouch along his waist Yugo held it up to his shoulder and Airazor vanished in a flash of red energy. With Airazor safely snug in her ball, Yugo returned it to it's rightful place along his belt.

Looking around at the small group of trainers and exposed Pokémon. "So what is a band of trainers like yourselves doing way out here at the Power Plant?" His voice was calm and with a hint of curiosity.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC: Evan Tierra, Four Island Beach

Gnip, seeing Gawain trudge off to rest, thought it best for her to rest as well. The battle itself did not make her feel tired. It was more everything before. She needed a little break especially after seeing Gawain's resolve. She walked over to Evan, who gave her a big hug, beaming at her display of good sportsdragonship. The Shooting Star Dragon then laid down, as her master sat down alongside Jenny and Zoe, and let the music carry her away for a while.

Evan was certainly proud of Gnip, but more amazed at Gawain's spectacular resolve. He did not know of many who could stand against Gnip attacking with what he assumed was her all. He knew that Gawain deserved to be on that prestigious list. The Ex-Hero sat down, ready for Richard's performance. As Richard began his song, Evan grinned at the first few notes and lyrics. They had an almost dream-like quality, like that of a fairytale story. Evan did not care if Richard was winging it, it was a performance worth fighting for. For that while, the worries in his mind seemed to just blow away. The thing that snapped him out of his trance, was Zoe's exclamation about a "Mr. Fancy Pants." He also heard her ask about his knowing of Gawain and decided to chime in.

"Do you know of this brave Knight?", Evan asked James, "He put up a spectacular fight against my Garchomp. He deserves the highest of praise, doesn't he, Gnip?"

Gnip perked up and growled in an agreeing tone. That Swampert had certainly surprised her with his willpower. She loved fighting foes like him. They helped her feel the desire to get even tougher. Gawain only made this desire stronger, and for that, he had her respect.....

"Oi, I believe that's called being rude." Ryan said, matching Dack's pace as he walked behind the group. "Seriously, what exactly do you hope to do, if you leave me behind?" Ryan asked, as he looked back, having motioned to Aspen before he left. "I'm the one of us four who's even seen Willows, so..."

Stacy nodded, as she turned around, and waved to Dahlia and Palmer.

"Alright; let's go get more help." Stacy said, as she frowned, hoping that Erika would agree to joining in to save the city.

IC: Amelia Zann (Ellen Time)

What have I gotten myself into? the woman wondered to herself. Clad in a red tank-top, a frilly white skirt, and, most incongruously, hiking boots and a straw bug-catcher's hat, the red-haired spy scanned the booths of the Olivine Garden over the tops of her green-rimmed sunglasses, frowning at the break in concentration the Cresselia's and Gardevoir's psychic power had caused her. Not like I needed to see that all over again, she grumbled to herself, and where...?

She spotted him, just barely, stomping out the door, several of his friends in tow. She weighed her options. Lunar Pokémon that can look at thoughts, or Lava Dome Pokémon that can immolate entire cities...?

Yeah, no contest.

Pushing her way past the perplexed patrons, she emerged outside, blinking briefly as her sensitive eyes adjusted to the change in illumination. A pink Sneasel wearing a fedora awaited her, leaning lazily against the building exterior.

"Snee," the creature offered, nodding at Amelia by way of greeting.

"Hey yourself. You catch their scent?" At Sina's nod, Amelia mimed tapping a watch. "Then let's go. We're not getting any younger, are we?" Snorting derisively, the Sneasel began sniffing her way through the streets of Celadon, in subtle pursuit of a most interesting individual...one Dack Majors.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Olivia Seaton

".....Oh. Oh....." Olivia responded as Zach explained his reason for going outside the restaurant so quickly. "You have been paying a lot lately.... Sorry, sorry, I.... I probably should have helped you split the bills more evenly...." she said sheepishly while looking back apologetically.

"As for the Department Store, well, I was gonna check to see if they had a Shadow Ball TM..... I think it's about time Am graduated from Magical Leaf and all, you know?" she asked, chuckling slightly.

IC: Aspen Seaton

Aspen quickly hightailed it out of the restaurant when he saw Dack turn around to leave, with Ryan quickly following him and motioning for the trainer to follow. "Yeah, thanks for trying to leave me behind. I really, really appreciate it." he said with an annoyed sigh. "Like it or not, I'm as stuck with you as you are with me.

IC: Dahlia Seaton

"Then it should be about time for us to go, then." Dahlia said in reply to the confirmations from Stacy and Palmer. Though she walked over to the exit, the gardener stopped and held the door open. "After you two!" 

IC: Amethyst/Aria

Amethyst couldn't help but smirk and chuckle a bit at the sap who asked her if she could make Hannah bean herself. "As fun as that would be...." she started again, before being interrupted  by a stifled laugh. "....I'm going to focus myself on actually protecting you guys rather than look for opportunities for that."

"Speaking on protecting you, that will indeed be our primary goal." Aria said, stopping Amethyst from going on. "And yet, while our resistance is certainly larger than the one in Sootopolis, against an army....." the Lucario explained, letting the silence drive home her intended point. "But, that is where you, the average person comes in. This is your home, after all, are you willing to defend it? If you wish to flee, then you're free to do so, I'd only advise you leave fast and travel very far away. But for those of you with a burning spirit and drive to see this city stands.... We could use those like you for our efforts."

"No....." the Ranger muttered in horror, before tapping the urchin boy on the shoulder. "Are you awake? Please give a sign if you are..." she asked, to no response. 

No... I promised her I would save him.... I can't let her down now...... 

"S-Stand back, miss...." Lachina said, before placing one hand firmly on the boy's chest. She pumped down firmly several times, yet still, there was no response. 

Please wake up.... the Ranger thought, before pulling open his mouth and puffing air all in an attempt to revive him. This process continued on and repeated, and by the end of it, Lachina was starting to lose hope....

Until in the middle of pumping his chest, Lachina was thrown back by the urchin boy suddenly doubling over, heaving water out of his system. He looked up in confusion, blinking.

"What...? Wh-What happened?" he asked confusedly, looking at everyone around him, before staring at one person in particular. "S-Sis... Is that you....?"

IC: Ruth Fishers

"O-Oh!" Ruth cried, as the Pidgey above them flew past them quickly. Caliburn and Locke were both buffeted, and Fuerte cawed indignantly. "What the.....?" the trainer muttered, before seeing Yugo.

"Hello there!" she said in a chipper tone, while Megan introduced everyone. "Indeed I am Ruth! This is Caliburn, Locke, and Fuerte. Nice to meet you!" Ruth exclaimed. "As for why we're here, well, apparently part of the Power Plant whacked out and the conveyor belts somewhere stopped working... So Roark sent me, Jake One, and Jake Two to investigate! We kinda picked up Elijah and Megan along the way. What about you?"

"About time you showed up," Dack said to Ryan and Aspen, not slowing his pace in the slightest.

"Sorry," Madison said to the two trainers. "He can be really impatient at times."

"Yeah, especially when the fate of the world's at stake," Luke laughed. "Hate to break it to ya, but I'm with Dack on this one. It doesn't make sense for all of us to stay in the restaurant and try to explain things when Hannah could attack at any minute."

"Well, giving them a little warning would've been nice," Madison said, thrusting her hands into her coat pockets.

"I gave them a warning," Dack said. "It's called walking out the front door." He glanced at Aspen. "If you're stuck with us, kid, then you'd better keep up. Otherwise we won't be stuck with you."

IC: Palmer
"Why thank you, Dahlia," Palmer said with a smile as he walked out the door. He waited for Stacy, then nodded to his two companions and began to lead the way. "That was quite a feat you pulled off with the manager back there," he said to Stacy with a small chuckle. "But are you really the COO of Leavanny Strauss?"

IC: Cresselia
"If we aren't going to fight, are you kicking us out?" a voice cried from the crowd. "I came here to eat my lunch, and I intend to do just that! You don't have the authority to make us leave!"

While we won't force you to leave, Cresselia said, turning her eyes on the source of the voice. We highly advise it. We don't know how much time you'll have, so every second counts. Remain here if you wish to fight. If you leave, do what you can to help spread the word. No one in the city is safe.

The crowd murmured amongst themselves, several of them standing up and filing out. By the time the crowd thinned, nearly two thirds of the people had left.

OOC: Kiri IC will come later, still need to figure out some things.

IC - ? - Celadon City, Olivine Garden:

"I have a question for you."

The voice came from a blonde-haired boy, no older than nineteen years of age. He was well-dressed, and sat toward the outer edge of the conversation that had grown within the restaurant. His eyes were closed as if in deep thought, and in his left hand he gently swirled a tall, fancy glass of dark liquid--some sort of grape concoction, it seemed, presumably non-alcoholic given his age.

"I trust you all not to insult our intelligence--particularly given the preliminary reports on the Sootopolis incident--but if such an attack is, in fact, on its way, then why have you not alerted the police?" He took a sip of it before continuing, as if savoring the idea of being The Anonymous Voice With a Point among his fellow citizens. "Further, how do we know that this Cresselia is not just another Ditto being used to impersonate a Legendary Pokémon? It seems odd to me that such a powerful creature would be so comfortable with presenting itself so openly in front of others in a place like this. Wouldn't you agree?"

What a snob.

IC - Sonja Baron - Four Island, Alamo Beach:

The rock that Sonja was standing on overlooked the beach. It was not very high up--maybe eight feet above the sand, at most, and close enough to a path leading down onto the actual beach that there wouldn't be a problem in getting down there. For the moment, however, she was content to merely watch, because the number of people present was a lot larger than what she had expected.

Evan was there. So was Jenny. There was a young girl--Sonja could not completely recognize her from this distance, but she looked familiar, nonetheless--as well as two other boys, one with a violin and one somehow carrying what appeared to be the entire cafeteria lunch stock for the day. And as Sonja watched, James Arthur appeared from among some rocks, approaching and speaking to the Swampert that was also present.

When had he found the time to come down here?

Sonja decided that it did not matter.

She turned, walking away from her perch and swinging around to pick her way down the path onto the sand. The pockets of her jacket bulged where her hands rested in them, protected from the cool wind that was currently swiping at her hair. Her approach appeared to go unnoticed until she came to a stop right next to Evan, having approached him from behind. She nudged his arm with her shoulder. "I see you two are back," she said. Then, half-jokingly, "Took you long enough."

IC - Kyle Eston/Esen Windred - Kalos, Train to Dendemille:

Kyle wasn't sure how to respond to that.

Since the Darkrais' defeat . . . he mentally repeated. That's only six months . . .

"So, you're still pretty new at training and battling Pokémon, then?" he said after a moment. "I honestly wouldn't have guessed that from your team. I could be wrong, but Hippowdon have never struck me as particularly easy Pokémon to train." Kyle placed a hand on his head, looking down at the ground. "Even Aron can be difficult to control at times . . . I mean, they're from different families and all, but it's the same kind of idea, all things considered . . ." He frowned, aware that he was not articulating his point effectively. "What I mean is, I can only imagine how much better you can get with more experience, if you're already able to control something like a Hippowdon."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: (James/Claus/Richard/Gawain)

Upon seeing Evan, Jenny and Zoe speak to someone after the conclusion of his song, Richard and Claus turned to see who had arrived. Claus was the only person among the group who actually knew the fact that they were now speaking to a Team Liberty Executive and the name thereof, though he knew that the Executive probably didn't know his name.

...Mr. Fancy Pants? I know the phrase, but surely I should be a Mr. Fancy Suit, if anything.

"Indeed, I do know of this brave knight. And I should hope I would know his name, for I am the one who named him 'Gawain'."

Gawain laid back down on the rock. He was tired and had a lot of thinking to do before anything else. James took Gawain falling asleep a sign to let the Swampert be for a bit longer, and decided he would try when Gawain woke back up.

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Executive James Arthur."

"Arthur?" Richard asked as he climbed down off his rock, "Like King Arthur? Is that why you named him Gawain?"

"My name has something to do with my reason, yes."

"Neat! I did something similar. My name is Richard Apollo! Pleased to meet you!"

Hades wasn't really paying attention, but overheard Richard's comment. Yeah, but in your case....

"Charmed to make your acquaintance. I watched your battle; you handled a Pokémon that was not your own quite admirably. And to you, sir," he said turning towards Evan, "to have bested Gawain, your Garchomp must be very well trained. Perhaps we may one day test her power versus my champion, Lancelot, or maybe my first partner, Guinevere." 

James noticed that when he was speaking to Evan, that a young woman had come up beside him and was speaking to Evan.

"Oh please pardon me madam for interrupting. I did not notice you arrive."

IC: Evan Tierra, Four Island Beach

"Thank you for your compliment, sir.", Evan said, as he turned toward whatever nudged him, "I'll have to see about that off-SONJA!"

Evan was the picture of excitement. He hadn't seen Sonja or the others since Opelucid. It may been a short time, but to Evan it felt like forever. Considering the circumstances he left Sonja and the others, he was a tad surprised. He also didn't care. He had missed the friends he'd made in Unova, and he was gonna try to stick around for a while to be with them.

"A Hero, current or former, always tries to be punctual, Sonja Baron!", Evan asked excitedly, "Where's Ryan and Ray? I have something, besides what I promised you, to tell Ray in particular."

Gnip perked up at the familiar voice of Sonja Baron, and in one graceful motion, got up and walked over to Sonja, her eyes full of excitement as well. She decided against begging for a belly rub, since Zoe had already taken care of that earlier. She decided to go back and lie down again, as despite Sonja's appearance, her fatigue did not change.

IC: Zoe

"You're the one who made Gawain a knight?" Zoe said, looking up at James in awe. "Wow, I never thought a king would look so... businesslike. In any case, your knight is certainly worthy of his title. And while we're giving introductions, I'm Zoe, the Warrior Princess!" She stood up and gave a flourishing bow, causing Merida to be tossed around like a rag doll as she clung desperately to Zoe's head. Zoe giggled and pointed up to the shuddering Meditite. "This here's Merida. She fought bravely against your knight, but ultimately it took the power of the Bard to subdue him."

She turned to face the next newcomer, tilting her head curiously. Merida held on tight, silently pleading the warrior princess not to go into another flourishing introduction. Zoe felt sure she recognized the girl from somewhere, but she couldn't quite place it. Instead, she cracked a smile and waved happily at the girl.

As she waved, Zoe turned aside to mutter quietly to Richard and Orpheus. "So much for this being your secret practice spot."

"Drew!" The urchin girl threw her arms around her brother with so much force that he started to feel sick again. He coughed and sputtered, his chest heaving as he found himself trapped in his sister's crushing embrace.

"A- Alaina..." the boy gasped.

The girl finally relinquished her brother from her eternal hold, pursed her lips, and punched him in the shoulder. "You fool!" she cried. "You stupid fool! You could've died!"

The boy reeled, grasping his smarting shoulder as he gave his sister a wounded look. "Why would I do something like that? Besides, I got it!" He puffed his chest out proudly as he thrust his hands into his pockets, pulling out several wads of paper and coins. "And that's not all!" Quickly returning his recently obtained assets to his pockets, the boy dug around some more before fishing out a battered pocket watch hanging from a gold chain. Drew beamed at his sister as he handed the prize to her.

Alaina inspected it carefully before slipping it into the folds of her tattered clothes. "Good," she said, offering her brother a grim smile. "At least that venture wasn't completely pointless."

Despite his sister's harsh look, Drew was pleased with himself. Not only had he proven his fine aptitude in the art of purloining, but he considered not dying to be an added bonus. "Did you manage to get anything?"

Alaina shook her head. "If I could've gotten one thing, it would've been you. But the building was collapsing, and I couldn't reach you, and--" She threw her arms around her brother once more, tears burning her dirt-smeared face.

"Now wait just a minute," Kiri said with a frown. "What exactly were you doing in that building in the first place?" She looked at the children suspiciously.

For the first time since he had opened his eyes in confusion, Drew took notice of the two women standing behind his sister. He let out a gasp, clutching his sister's arm and trying to drag her away.

Kiri grabbed the boy by the shoulders and knelt down to face him at eye level. "You were pickpocketing, weren't you?"

Drew was forced to look into Kiri's eyes. In his life as a street urchin, he had been in situations similar to this countless times. And yet this woman was different. She didn't look down on him with hatred or disgust, nor was her tone reprimanding him for his actions. Instead, she looked at the urchin boy with compassion and sadness. He lowered his eyes. "It's not like he was going to use it."

Kiri sighed. "You should thank Lachina here. She's the one who rescued you from the building. Without her, you would've been lost."

Drew squirmed out of Kiri's grip and gave a nod to Lachina. "Thank you, miss. Alaina and I should be going now."

Before Kiri could object, a loud squawk came from above. She looked up to see an Altaria and a Spearow squabbling in midair. It seemed the Spearow had crashed into the larger bird and was now facing the consequences of such careless flying. The two Pokémon darted about in a small skirmish, until the Spearow spotted the pair of street urchins down below and nosedived toward them. It landed in fluttered of Alaina, grabbing hold of her hair and leading her down a nearby street.

"Ow! Spearow, slow down!" Alaina cried, ripping her hair from the tiny bird's clutches. "What's the matter?" The Spearow cawed loudly, flying in rapid circles before trying to pull the urchin girl down the street again by her hair. Alaina whirled around to face Drew, the color draining from her face as she looked at him fearfully. "Buizel!"

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Permission granted by Parugi to control Jupiter for this storyline. :)

IC: Adam/Jupiter

"What the Yomi is this?"

It had been nearly a week since Adam's arrival in Eterna--nearly a week since he had stumbled across the ruins of Nova, had been reunited with the sole known survivor of the Team he had once counted as family. It felt more like a year. Even now, it was hard to believe it was all...gone. Not if I can help it, he reminded himself.

Jupiter didn't even bother turning to look at the disheveled man who had just stepped through the sliding glass doors behind her. "This," she replied, "is me moving on."

Adam stayed silent for a few moments, slowly surveying the sizable space. "This isn't what I meant," he finally said.

Jupiter sighed and closed the binder she'd been writing in, before turning to meet her visitor. "I know that. But I am not about to start taking orders from some man who just shows up out of the blue after 'moving on' from Galactic for seven years."

"It wasn't like that--"

"I don't care. You didn't have to stand there and...and watch..." She clenched her fists and rolled her eyes at her own momentary weakness.

"I cared about them, too, you know!"

"...Just shut up, Zynthic. Before you make things worse for yourself."

Adam paused. When he spoke again, his tone was apologetic. "Admin Jupiter--"

"No. Stop." The Admin of the former Team Galactic massaged her forehead. "You've already said your piece. You had your say, Plasma had their say, Liberty and Rocket had theirs. Now I'm having my say, and I say I'm done. Now leave." Refusing to give the man any more of her time, Jupiter turned back to her work, putting a pair of reading glasses on before opening the binder once more.

Adam hesitantly nodded, then left the Eterna City Gym to its new Leader.

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: (James/Richard)

"Ah well, Orpheus and I will find a new one," Richard lamented to Zoe.

James let out a soft chuckle upon being called a king, "Modern attire for a modern king, milady. In addition, if I were to wear more grandiose clothing, I would not be able to come to the beach for fear that they would be ruined."

Not that I intended to come here in the first place. There is enough sand on my suit as is.

It took James a moment to realize precisely what Zoe had said.

"Subdue, madam?"

Richard had been wanting to speak to Gawain's trainer pretty much all day and since it was brought up, he popped in "Ah well, y'see. He was pretty steamed earlier today, so Orpheus," Richard pointed towards the Whismur, "and I had to sing him a Lullaby to calm him down."

Richard pulled James closer (to the latter man's discomfort) and quietly asked him, "Do you know he was so upset?"

"...I have a guess..."

Richard nodded and backed off of James.

"On behalf of Gawain, I apologize."

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

== Yugo Doseki ==
== Pidgey(Airazor) == Sandslash == Charmander(Spitfire) ==

IC: "I'm just out on my Journey with my three little Pokémon. You've already met my Pidgey. She is quite a sight with her plumage. Her name is Airazor." Yugo showed his three Poke balls that held his Pokémon. "I also have with me my trusty Sandslash and then a feisty little Charmander affectionately named Spitfire. I was just riding my bike into town when something made me stop and then Airazor took off. I followed her and found all of you standing out here." Yugo thought on it for a second or two as he returned his Pokémon back to their respective pouches on his belt. "Do you need any help getting in? I am sure my Sandslash could dig a hole quickly enough." Yugo then looked over to the others waiting to see if they welcomed his idea.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC: Cero laughed and stopped with the same suddenness. He relaxed, folding back into the tight box of discipline. "Aridez is proud, I guess. But he's always known the world doesn't revolve around him." So I hope. "My oldest friend is my Probopass, Piedra, and it showed Aridez the benefits of working with others instead of working over them.

"We," he said, thinking of his team, "know we need benefits." He smiled slightly. "We're started at the bottom, so we must go up."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Jayron/Colette
Jayron and Lucario followed silently behind Colette as they walked through the next tunnel. Colette had not said a word since the defeat of her clone. This troubled Jayron. What troubled him even more was the fact that the clone had even existed in the first place. He had only been able to watch the battle from afar, but it seemed clear that unless Colette had been holding back, her clone's ability to manipulate aura far exceeded her own. But by far the most troubling thing was what the doppelganger had said. She had believed she was protecting Alexa. How did the clone know about Alexa? It was certainly possible that whatever power had duplicated Colette's appearance and abilities had also copied her mind. But if that was the case, why would the double refer to Colette by her own name?

It was unsettling. Colette knew her opponent was herself. But the clone didn't seem to have realized that. What even has the power to make a copy of someone like that? Jayron thought to himself. No... not a clone, per say. At least, not in the technical sense. He recalled how the doppelganger had disintegrated upon being defeated. It was less of a clone and more a weapon, one whose purpose had been served, and so had ceased to exist.

And yet, the weapon had feelings. It wasn't just a robot in the form of Colette, or even a puppet whose strings had been cut. Nor did it consider itself to be Colette's double. It was its own person. How? What could have created such a thing? Was it the same thing that had sent the Munna, Growlithe, and Manectric?

...Or created them. Jayron felt a sudden chill rush down his spine. If the double wasn't real, were any of our enemies? He frowned. An aura wielding Munna, a ridiculously fast Manectric, a Growlithe that evolved without a Fire Stone, and a double of Colette with greater aura powers. Was there some connection? Had Alexa really come this way? Had she faced these enemies as well?

Alexa...

Colette's double had claimed she had been protecting Alexa. That could have just been an idea taken from Colette's mind. But what if she really was protecting her... protecting her from them? Jayron looked up at Colette, a theory forming in his head. The girl walked silently onward, but although she refused to show it, he could tell she was fatigued. The battle with her double had taken a lot out of her. "Colette?" The executive's voice seemed incredibly loud against the silence. "The Growlithe... or rather Arcanine, that we fought earlier. How much did it look like Amber?"

Colette frowned and shook her head. She looked back to Jayron with a blink, confused, as she processed the question again. "How much did it look like Amber...?" She thought about that once more, as she recalled her earlier theory. "Well, it looked almost identical to Amber, and it gave me a look like I'd expect Amber to when defeated, and..."

Colette stopped in her tracks.

Something she'd missed. Something that had been staring her right in the face the whole time, but she had never considered. "... Jayron... Do we know what Pokémon George has...?" Colette wondered, as she realized that there was only one unknown Pokémon, truly, as she bit her lip. "... Because the doll that Alexa uses to guard against the dark and fears and such, is a Munna..."

Jayron's eyes widened. "A Munna to protect her by night... and you to protect her by day. Her Growlithe, whom she adores..." One piece of the puzzle was still missing, but Jayron was beginning to see the picture the rest of the pieces made. "It may not be her father's, but somewhere in her life there must be a Manectric that means a lot to her." He looked at Colette worriedly. "Does that mean Alexa's the one behind all this? That makes no sense. Why would she do that? And how?"

Colette frowned, as she thought for a moment. Think, think, think... Colette tried to figure out any reason that would be the case, but then paused, as she looked back to Jayron with a frown. "What about what Morty told us...?"

"Morty..." Jayron had almost forgotten about the Gym Leader they'd left on the beach. "He said something about voices drawing him in. They... they did something to him." The executive shuddered at the memory. "Morty definitely wasn't himself when we met him. I didn't think much about what he said at the time, since we were just focused on getting to Alexa, but..." He took a deep breath, turning away from Colette. "After what we've been through, maybe Morty wasn't just crazy. It sounds like whatever voices he heard were in his head. If Alexa's suffering the same fate, then maybe these so-called 'voices' are using her to defend themselves. Amber, the Munna, you. They all came from Alexa's mind. She sees them as her guardians. They're all protecting her -- and by extension, whatever force lured her here."

Colette frowned, and then nodded. "That seems like the most logical thing to explain this so far... Remember, we haven't been able to sense anything, right? Even when everything's been going on, everything's maintained more or less the same feeling of weirdness..."

"You're right," Jayron said. "We can't sense our enemies, because they're no more than manifestations of Alexa's mind. I don't know about that strange presence that we keep sensing... but what if what we're feeling is actually Alexa's mind?" He paused, as they arrived at the end of the tunnel. Light poured down from the hole, seeming harsh compared to the darkness they were so used to.

Colette frowned, and sighed. "I guess we'll soon find out..." Colette mumbled, as she grabbed onto the ledge and began to pull herself up like she had gotten used to in the last little bit...

She blinked. They were not in a chamber at all, but on a long beach that seemed to stretch endlessly in either direction. She heard the soothing sound of wave after wave hitting the shore. She tasted the salt in the air as the sea breeze tickled her hair. The warm summer sun shone brightly above, a stark contrast from the cold, clammy tunnel.

Jayron came out behind her, just as confused as she was. "Was that the last room?" he asked. "Are we at the end?" He turned around, half expecting to see Alexa waiting for them. But there was nothing but beach as far as the eye could see.

Colette frowned, as she thought for a moment, and looked around. "I'm... I'm not sure." Colette said, as she seemed utterly confused. We haven't been in the ruins that long, have we? Colette thought, but then froze, as she looked upward, and had to shield her eyes from the...

"... Jayron... Isn't there something odd about this...?" Colette asked, as she stared at the clear blue sky, which had absolutely no indication of the storm that had still been raging when they had entered the ruins.

"The clouds are completely gone," Jayron said. "Could they have dispersed when you defeated your double? No..." he glanced at his PokéGear. "Our devices still aren't working. And there's no sign of Alexa...." His voice trailed off as he glanced down at a small slab of rock protruding out from the sand. The rock bore a single word that had been carved in an all too familiar handwriting...

'SCUFIB.'

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny was surprised by the fancily dressed person knowing who Gawain was, since she had admittedly thought that Gawain was the bard's Pokemon. However, her surprise at all that, was totally changed as she noticed Sonja, and smiled widely.

"Sonja!" Jenny called out happily, as she ran over to Sonja and gave her a welcome hug for a moment, and then smiled. "How've you been?" Jenny asked, glad to see at least one person from the group for the first time in a few days.

We never really got to hang out much in Unova because we split up the group... But they kinda feel a bit like a second family. Or maybe that's just because Ray's part of the group, but still. Jenny thought, as she resisted the urge to giggle seemingly randomly, as she also looked around for Ray or Ryan, wondering where they were; or Kyle for that matter.

Zach shrugged with a chuckle, as Olivia apologized.

"No worries; plus, you helped with that room the other day, so that's one plus." Zach said, amused at the recollection of how Olivia got the money back. "Good idea about the TM, though; I probably will just window shop, though; nothing really interests me, I think; from what I recall of the TMs." Zach said, as he shrugged again, just glad for a little moment to rest before things got tense again.

"Yeah, walking doesn't really make a sound." Ryan pointed out, as he walked alongside Dack with his eyes closed. "I should know, I've used that to help out before." Ryan said with an amused smile, and then frowned slightly. "Plus, you nearly just left the one person in our little group here that, you know, actually knows this city well." Ryan pointed out, as he placed his hands in his jacket like Madison did, and simply stayed quiet after that note.

The aunt nodded at Palmer's question, as the trio walked and talked.

"Yes, it is. It used to be my parents' company, but then they left it to me and my sister Cassie when they retired. She gave her position to our brother when he got old enough to run it, though, and took on a more laidback role for a while, which honestly suited her a lot more." Stacy explained, and scratched her head with a slight chuckle. "She mentioned her battle against you in the Frontier, though; I'm eager to see how well your skills have improved since then." Stacy said with an amused smile.

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray panted, as he ran through the halls of the Alamo.

That guy was weird. Ray thought as he shuddered at the memory of the gruff move reminder guy, but instead turned his thoughts back to the beach, and checked his communication device. They said they'd be here around now, so I hope I'm not keeping them waiting. Ray thought, as he stepped outside finally, and then looked around, and scratched his head.

"... But, where on the beach...?" Ray mumbled, as he looked around, and noticed what seemed to be a crowd of people off in the distance. "Best place to start..." Ray sighed, as he began to run once again, toward the group of people.

IC: Olivia Seaton

"Oh right, the hotel and their Couple's Suite...." Olivia remembered, and then giggled. "Yeah, you're welcome about getting your money back...... I guess they saw right through us, but.... Their policy said we'd have to have become a couple the next morning, which we techinically didn't.... Which is good otherwise they would have kept the money." she said with a mischievous grin.

At that moment, a familiar chirping sound started out faint, but quickly grew louder, until a certain Torchic came into sight again and leaped upwards, this time into Zach's arms. The baby fire chick cooed happily and began to nuzzle against the trainer, who was certainly holding her by then.

"Aw geez, this again?" came the voice of the breeder from last time, who looked towards Zach and Olivia. "So, I turned my back for a second, and Torchic got out again.... Seems like she likes you too." he sighed. "Maybe you could reconsider the price thing? I mean, she's a bit of a hassle to work with, and it'd be nice if she was off my hands for a bit... How about I give you two a five percent discount? Then would you take her?"

IC: Aspen Seaton

"Yeah, I don't like being left out of things, so I plan on keeping up." the trainer said while rolling his eyes. "I don't care if you've got a map either, those things are hard to read, especially if you wanna do that at hyperspeed like you want to."

IC: Dahlia Seaton

"Hmm, I never heard any mention of Zach's mother being at Leavanny-Strauss..... This is news to me." Dahlia said thoughtfully, thinking back to the time when Zach still visited the Seaton household on a regular basis. "So your family must have been pretty well off, then? And you'd still allow your nephew to run around with the daughter of a sailor and gardener, huh?" she asked jokingly, though wondered in the back of her mind if Aspen disliked Stacy for holding such a position at such a prestigious company.....

IC: Aria and Amethyst

The moment the young, smug, blonde-haired boy spoke up, Aria whirled around to face him, her green-grey eyes observing everything about him, from body language, hairstyle, and even the way he held his glass of not-wine.

"A challenger steps up to the plate, then? This should be fun." the Lucario said at last. "You're right, I'd rather not insult your intelligence.... Which is why it pains me to point out a crucial hole in your otherwise airtight argument. In most situations, contacting the police would be necessary.... But we aren't dealing with a typical situation. Hannah Wright, if I may remind everyone present, is a Rocket Executive." she pointed out. "Who is the governing body of Kanto? Team Rocket. And police officers are fundamentally government employees. Any report that accuses Rocket would likely need to be run by them first, and in the best case scenario, an investigation would be placed underway within a few days. We don't have that luxury, given that Hannah implicated her attack would be sometime today..... Not to mention, this is assuming she didn't simply utilize her Executive powers to order the investigation to shut down." Aria said. "Oh, that reminds me, two members of our group attempted to bypass the middleman and send reports directly to Rocket.... Though, I wouldn't get my hopes up about that going anywhere. So then...."

Suddenly, the young man's glass shattered in a suspiciously calculated manner, with glass shards miraculously not embedding themselves in the man or anyone nearby. The contents of the glass however, made their way onto the snob's clothes and left quite a mess.

"Check and mate. Apologies for your glass, I really didn't mean to do that." the Lucario said afterwards, the ends of her mouth subtly curving upwards.

"So, lemme get this straight...." Amethyst began, frowning. "None of you noticed that Palmer literally just left the restaurant? Yeah, that Palmer, of the Battle Frontier. He has a Cresselia. And she is that Cresselia." the Gardevoir said, pointing to the legendary Pokemon. "So... Yeah."

OOC: Other ICs will come soon, I need to eat.....

EDIT: And now is time for those ICs.

Lachina, though she was breathing hard after all that physical exertion, cracked a smile after seeing the urchin siblings reunited. The Ranger took a moment to wring out her hair, which was sopping wet... Which meant her meticulously crafted hairstyle was now ruined. Unfortunate, yes, but a worthwhile price to pay.

Then when the boy Drew brought out a gold pocketwatch, she blinked and realized just how bad the situation was for these kids. Lachina opened her mouth to say something, but stopped herself when Kiri took over. Instead, she thought hard and long about what kind of life these kids had, and tried to put herself in their shoes like the Ranger School taught her to...

And the Ranger couldn't fault them for attempting to pickpocket. Sure, the building was on the verge of collapse and dangerous to stay in, but the thought of being on the run every night, without a full stomach.... Why wouldn't Drew try to pickpocket? All he and his sister were trying to do was survive....

Meanwhile, Aolani had been flying back to Lachina after transporting the injured people to a healer. Then on the way, some Spearow crashed into her, setting off the cloud bird's already fragile temper. Aolani became single-mindedly focused on making this Spearow pay, and gave chase. 

"Woah, woah, woah, Aolani, stop!" the Ranger cried, prompting her Partner Pokemon to (begrudgingly) contain herself. Meanwhile, the Spearow latched onto Alaina and dragged her elsewhere. Lachina frowned and followed. "What's this about a Buizel?"

IC: Ruth Fishers

"Hmm.... I dunno if the owners of the plant would appreciate us destroying their foundations." Ruth said, and frowned. "I was thinking.... What if we moved that dumpster nearby the window? Then we could all climb on top of it, and use Matt as elevation to reach the window. Sure, we might fall off, but it'd avoid collateral damage...."