Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan

"Hey guys!" Ryan said, poking his head out above deck. "Dinner's ready! Hope you like stew, cause we've got plenty!" He then went down the hallway of bedrooms, knocking on the closed doors and repeating his message to anyone who happened to be down there.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Xander and Sylph

Xander woke from his short nap, sighing lightly. His ribs felt a thousand times better, even if it still looked like a Donphan had bounced on his chest. A few minutes after waking up, he walked out of his cabin, jacket unzipped.

He entered the galley, inhaling deeply. "That smells fantastic," he said with a smile to Dahlia. "Do you cook often?" He hadn't had a real hot meal - not rations or Pokémon Center food - since he had left Kalos.

He smiled. "I'm Xander by the way, I don't know if we ever got properly introduced." It had been chaos in Lilycove when everyone bumped into each other. "This is Sylph."

A pleasure, the Gardevoir said, bowing lightly at the waist.

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Ray/Ryan==-

"This smells amazing..." Ray said with a chuckle, as he walked in and sat down at the table as well. Meanwhile, Ryan more silently walked up to the table, but gave a nod of thanks to Dahlia. "Where did you learn to cook, anyway?" The orange haired separatist asked curiously; he hadn't actually known her to cook anything, as she hadn't done so any of the times he had been over... but this was very good, he really had to admit it.

IC: Evan Tierra, Eye of The Storm (Room Of Space)

Evan wandered around, until a familiar scene came to mind. He had seen this play out over and over in his dreams and memories. It was the picture of him killing Gerald Hikari in cold blood. Evan walked over to what he assumed was a projection of himself. The Hero clenched his right hand into a fist, and punched him. The dream Evan looked surprised at what had happened and dropped his knife. The dream Jenny disappeared along with Gerald, leaving the two Evans behind

"What are you doing?" Evan said angrily. "You're a hero! Not a villain! Think of how this makes Jenny and the others feel! It's no good to wallow in the what-ifs, could haves, and shoulda-beens!"

"What if I don't want to?" the dream Evan replied coldly. "What if I want to be the villain? Who are you to stop me from being what I want to be?"

"I am you, and you are me." Evan said. "I'm not an Ex-Hero because I almost made a mistake. I'm a Hero because no matter how bad things get, I WILL FIGHT ON."

"How stupid......."

The dream Evan faded away, to reveal a figure cloaked in shadow, with a faint violet aura. It's eyes harbored nothing but malice for the Hero before him. Feral Tierra had finally revealed himself before the tawny haired trainer, to finally settle things.......

IC: Aspen/Dahlia Seaton

Aspen walked into the dining room just as he heard Xander and Ray's comments, and chuckled. "Dahlia's a pretty talented cook, huh? Everything she makes is amazing." he said, smiling at his older sister as he sat down at the table as well." 

"Aw shucks..." Dahlia said, rubbing the back of her neck, blushing slightly from the compliments. She turned to both Xander and Ray, giggling. "Well, to answer both your questions, I learned cooking from my parents, started helping them when I was pretty young so I got decent at it after a while. I cook almost every other day back at home, so that might have helped me get better at it." the gardener noted, shrugging. 

The middle Seaton went to pour everyone a bowl of the stew, stopping by Xander and Sylph's chair. "It's very nice to meet you, Xander! My name's Dahlia. Don't worry about Sylph, I'll get her and the other Pokemon some Poffins right away. Enjoy, everyone!" she exclaimed, smiling, going back to get even more food for everyone there.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

"Uh, actually, if it's all right, Sylph will eat stew." Xander smiled, shrugging. "I sort of made a habit out of not making her eat anything I wouldn't." He rubbed the back of his neck. "If there's not enough, I can share my portion, though, no problem."

Sylph smiled shyly. Sorry for the inconvenience, miss. I'm sure the poffins are delicious, but I don't have a taste for them.

Xander nodded and glanced at Aspen. He opened his mouth to say something, and caught himself. He cleared his throat. "Hey. Aspen, right?"

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Ryan/Paul

By the time Paul finished talking to Anna and actually made it down to the ship's dining area, it seemed almost everyone was already there. "Sorry I'm late," he said, taking a seat at the table. "I was on the phone and just lost track of time. This stew smells really good though."

Terry barked happily and padded up to the table at Paul's side.

"Ah, there you are, Terry." Paul ruffled the Herdier's fur, then glanced up at Dahlia. "Thanks for taking care of him. I'll admit I was so invested in my conversation that I didn't even notice when he left. Sorry about that, buddy."

At that moment Ryan came through the door. "I think Evan's fast asleep, and Jenny's nowhere to be found," he announced as he tried to find a seat at the already crowded table. "I couldn't find that kid that was with them either. Probably shouldn't matter; they'll come if they're hungry. Now, I hope you saved some stew for me."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra

"It's not stupid." Evan said, grinning brightly at the abomination before him, the sand whirling around them. "It may be insane. It may be futile. But I have to fight on. For everyone and everything I stand for."

"There's no convincing you, you fool." Feral Tierra spat. "All you do is spout nonsense and try to play the hero act up, when deep down, you are as terrified of everything, like those you protect. You would have been better off just being a villain. At least then you wouldn't have this fear you stink of now."

Feral, with a flick of the wrist, launched a small flurry of Spacial Rends at Evan. Despite this being a dream, they still hurt somehow when they sliced him. Evan continued smiling, despite what Feral had done.

"I refuse to give up."

Evan rushed up to Feral and slugged him in the face over and over. Feral just stood there and took it all, grimacing with minute pain as Evan kept hitting him. "It's that fear, that motivates me." Evan said, a fire in his voice as he struck Feral. "I would rather be the one scared, than have my friends be afraid. I put on a brave face so they can also keep fighting! I may not win the fight, but at least, if I fall down....."

Feral then broke out of the rush, and kicked Evan in the gut, laughing cruelly as the Hero fell to his knees. "If you fall down?" Feral spat again. "You've already fallen. There is no getting back up! It's useless!"

Before Feral could continue with his spiel, Evan performed a stunning uppercut on Feral, breathing deeply. "As I was saying...If I fall down, I can always be assured that they will pick me back up." Evan said as he struck a dynamic pose, the sand in the room started to shift color to a pearly white. Light began to shine upon Evan, as the Hero of Space stared down Feral. "I've endured a lot, and seen many tragedies, but I refuse to believe that despair is the only route! No danger can shake my resolve, that's how I roll!"

Feral looked upon Evan with fear. That fool who entered here.....he lit Evan's fighting spirit up. The Spacial Horror tried to think of his next move as the Hero of Space started to advance towards him, his eyes gleaming with a faint violet light.....

IC: Dahlia/Aspen Seaton

Dahlia blinked at Sylph, and shook her head. "Oh, no no no, it should be fine!" she said, and listened to what Ryan had to say. "Yeah! It's fine for sure now that it seems Evan and Jenny aren't here, there's definitely enough stew for everyone. If they come down later, I can make some more stew... Or they can munch on Poffins, maybe." she said, shrugging. The middle Seaton poured Sylph, Paul, and Ryan some more soup, smiling as she did so. "Oh, it's no  problem for Terry. He was a very good boy!" she exclaimed, kneeling down to rub the Herdier's head. "Well, I'll get the Poffins ready for our Pokemon then... I hope you enjoy your meal!"

Aspen quickly ate several spoonfulls of stew, beaming at his sister afterwards. "Dahlia, this is amazing! I swear, you must improve every single time you cook..." he said, smiling, before looking at Xander. "Hmm? Yeah, I'm Aspen. What is it?"

Xander shook his head. "Sorry, it's... nothing. I just thought you were about to ask me something." He cleared his throat. Ever since he had spoken with Evan, he hadn't gotten a rein on his telepathy again. He was picking up vibes and feelings from others, such as Ray's restlessness, and now this. "If so, feel free to ask. I don't bite."

Not very hard, anyways, Sylph said with a mischievous smile.

IC: Evan Tierra, A Glimpse of Eternity (Room of Space)

The pearly sand billowed in the air as Evan slowly approached Feral, the Spacial Horror trembling in fear. "This is all wrong!" There was nothing he could do as the Hero of Space finally got close to the fallen creature. There was nothing he could do. No final trump. No desperate plan. All that there was, was the brown-haired trainer before him. The trainer lifted up Feral by the scruff of his neck, the creature still shaking with fear.

"Despite all you have done, I cannot kill you." Evan said as he glared at Feral. "It would leave a bad taste in my mouth, you know? That's why I am saying 'Get out.' now. You've done enough harm."

"Even when you have your foes on the ropes, you're still nothing." Feral said, realizing what was going on. "You can't pull the trigger, even when you have nearly won. You're just another nobody......"

"That may be true, but....." Evan said, grinning at Feral. "I assure you, I am hardly a nobody......at least right now. I was a nobody before this, thanks to you. When people talk about the awesome Evan Tierra, and I assure you that they do, they're talking about me!"

OOC: Will finish this next post, after all is said and done with the others on the boat.

IC: Aspen Seaton 

"...What?" Aspen replied, tilting his head at that odd response, seeming utterly confused and offput by that. "Why would you even... Okay, nevermind. Yeah, I was considering asking you about something." he said, snarfing down another spoonful of stew. "Ryan mentioned you having an Eevee, right? Well, I've been having trouble with... Well, bonding with Saya, myself. So..." the youngest Seaton muttered, looking at Xander. "You think your Eevee might be able to get through to her?"

The Kalos duo chuckled and Xander shook his head. "Nevermind, it's nothing." He raised an eyebrow at the request. After swallowing a spoonful of stew to give himself time to think, he nodded. "Ellen-- my Eevee, that is-- is kind of withdrawn, herself, but she might get along with another Eevee. After dinner, I'll ask her and we can meet somewhere away from everyone else." His thoughts turned to the last pokémon he had tried to help bond with its trainer. Idly, he wondered where Chrono was now, whether he was still with Ellen or had been separated.

He shook his head, turning back to Aspen. "Anyways, yeah. Meet up in your cabin after everyone's eaten? Would be best if there weren't a whole lot of other people around."

IC: Evan Tierra, Truth of His Universe (Room Of Space)

"What if I don't leave?" Feral spat, laughing fearfully at Evan. "What if I decide I don't want to leave?"

"Then I will make you leave." Evan said, smirking. "I gave you the easy way out. Here's the hard way!"

Evan then started punch Feral left and right. The Spacial Horror was surprised at how strong his attacks felt. This wasn't the Evan Tierra from before. This was an Evan Tierra that not even he knew about. Try as he might, the creature could not figure out what else had changed in Evan. He could only take all the punches Evan threw. Evan then wound his right arm up for what appeared to be, to Feral, the finishing blow.

"Bye-bye, Feral Tierra!" Evan shouted, throwing his fist forward with all his might. "I am Evan Tierra! I will not stop fighting. Not until the crowds are calling my name!"

With a loud impact, Feral felt his body sliding out of the room. The feeling was dreadful to the Spacial Horror, especially since Evan stood before him, grinning that detestable grin. "I'm not done yet. I have enough power left to manifest physically for a short while. I'll make sure your friends suffer. That I can promise you."

"Just try it." Evan said, grinning. "They can take you, and they've got me. You've had it lost from the start."

As the final remnants of Feral disappeared, Evan headed for where the door was, and exited. The Hero grinned broadly, glad to have finally put that to rest. There was one last thing to do. Evan headed for the door with the heart on it, a plate affixed to the side denoting the location as "Tomorrow's Reason". Evan opened the door, and smiled even more warmly. Inside was portraits of every one of Evan's friends, each one a memory of them. The Picture in the center showed the picture of himself and Jenny from Nimbasa. Evan then said, "I did it, guys. I'm finally back."

As Evan spoke those words, the hallway and doors faded away, as Evan woke up, feeling rested for the first time in ages, despite the shortness of the rest. He touched his hands, and was relieved that this indeed was not a dream.

"Jenny, wake up." Evan said, smiling warmly as he poked Jenny's shoulder. "C'mon, it's time to get up. We've gotta take care of something. I have something to finish off."

OOC: Edited out Feral's part, for a later time.

Edited by Hades

OOC: Another jam because we didn't have enough already. 

IC: Aspen/Xander

"Alright, thanks for your help, Xander." Aspen said gratefully, nodding his head. "Sounds like a plan indeed. Interesting name for your Eevee, by the way."

After he finished his food, Aspen stood up, politely excusing himself from the table. The youngest Seaton motioned to Xander that he was heading back to his room, grabbing a bowl of Poffins as he did so. "For Saya, since she's probably hungry herself." he explained quickly, walking out of the dining room.

Xander stood as well, grabbing a bowl for Ellen and Vixen. He and Sylph followed the younger Seaton; Xander was stilll thinking of Chrono and Ellen. As they walked, he let Ellen onto his shoulder and had Sylph explain the situation.

The Eevee seemed unsure, but she nodded agreement as they entered Aspen's cabin. "Alright, then, let's get to it."

Aspen nodded, taking a deep breath, walking inside. In the corner of his room, Saya lay curled up still, looking down sadly. The youngest Seaton's heart became heavier, but he put a smile on his face regardless.

"H-hi, Saya..." the trainer said softly, catching the Eevee by surprise. "I got you some dinner... And a friend." he spoke, laying the bowl of Poffins in front of Saya, backing off afterwards. 

Reluctantly, she walked towards the Poffins, and slowly munched on them, still seeming mostly tense. Aspen watched for a moment, and turned to Xander. "Might be a good time to introduce her to Ellen..."

Xander nodded, lifting his own Eevee from his shoulder and setting her on the bed. Ellen sat a respectable distance from Saya, watching her curiously. Her tail flicked, and she barked softly in greeting at the other Eevee.

As Xander started to set the Poffins in front of her, Ellen stood and took a cautious step towards Saya. She barked again, asking permission to get closer.

Saya looked up when Ellen barked to get her attention, and hesitated for a moment. However, she quietly barked back a confirmation that the other Eevee could move closer, seeming slightly nervous. Saya looked down at her Poffins again, and ate some more, waiting for Ellen to get closer, as Aspen looked to Xander, hoping this would go well.

Ellen moved to sit on the other side of the bowl from Saya, Slowly, so as not to startle the other Eevee, she leaned down to take a Poffin. As she ate, she regarded Saya with a gentle look.

Xander turned to Aspen. "So, this is the Eevee that Ellen helped save?" He was going to try and not pay attention to the foxes on the bed. If they felt pressured, they might not act naturally with each other.

Aspen nodded, speaking in a low voice. "Yep... Ran into a burning building to save her. Ellen was really brave, but even after I ran in to help, we barely made it out..." he muttered, sighing. "At least the three of us are still in one piece, huh?"

Saya looked up again, and blinked some, eyes widening a bit. She nervously squeaked out a reply, saying Ellen could have the rest of the Poffins if she wanted, nudging the bowl towards the other Eevee. She pressed her ears down against her head, meekly apologizing afterwards.

Xander nodded. "I'm glad to see it all worked out." He smiled softly. "Pretty brave. I don't think I would have had the nerve to run into a burning building like that."

Ellen shook her head, pushing the bowl back over and squeaking. They could share; Ellen and Vixen had shared a bowl for the past several months, since they had hatched in Sycamore's lab. She barked again softly. If Saya wanted her own bowl, Ellen could get hers from Xander.

Sylph smiled softly. I agree with Xander. That would be terrifying.

Saya blinked, and whimpered a bit more. She quietly asked to share the bowl, saying she wasn't very hungry, even as the Eevee ate another Poffin. She apologized again to Ellen, seemingly for no reason at all.

"It was scary, yeah. Almost had the entire building collapse on us..." Aspen said, closing his eyes for a moment. "Makes sense why Ellen decided to help though. Who'd want to leave an Eevee in a burning building? I certainly wouldn't. Well, I didn't since I helped, but you get what I mean." he shrugged.

Ellen barked cheerfully, tail still flicking as she ate another Poffin. She was happy to share, and she brushed off the other's apology. As they continued to eat, Ellen was thinking of the next steps to take.

Xander smiled. "I guess you're right. I would have tried, if there were someone trapped inside and no other way to help."

Saya ate in silence, holding her tail close between her legs and ears flattened against her head. She seemed sadder still, and whimpered, apologizing again, this time for being too much trouble. The Eevee barked how she was probably wasting Ellen's time, and saying the other Eevee didn't have to help her if they didn't want to.

Aspen nodded, shrugging. "Yeah, it's funny. I don't really think I'll ever be cut out to be a true hero, but it's not like I could let Ellen and Saya stay there, right?" he explained, shrugging. "I just acted without thinking, and luckily for everyone involved, it paid off."

Ellen barked her disagreement. She wanted to make friends, regardless of how reluctant Saya was. Standing, she walked around the bowl and sat by her opposite number. She wanted to help, and she would help.

Xander laughed boisterously. "Funny you should put it like that. I just had a conversation like this before dinner." He grinned. "Being a hero isn't necessarily something you want. It's just doing what's right whenever possible." He grinned. "You may not think yourself a hero, but saving an Eevee from a burning building says differently."

Saya looked confusedly at Ellen, not sure what to say. The smaller Eevee barked again, saying that she was very nice to her, but Saya just wasn't sure if she was able to be helped or make friends at this rate. She thanked Ellen for trying anyways, and then went silent again.

"Hmm. That's a nice way of thinking about it. Pretty welcome considering the last few days too." Aspen said, chuckling lightly. "Thanks, Xander. You're a good person, I wish you and Sylph luck." he spoke, smiling genuinely, turning his head over to see how the two Eevee were doing.

Ellen shook her head, squeaking a reply. Anyone could make friends; it just took patience and kindness. Xander's Eevee nuzzled her counterpart softly and started grooming her. Grooming helped with socializing, she explained.

Xander smiled. "There's nothing nice about it; it's just a given fact."

Xander glanced at the Eevee duo and nodded. "Sounds like a plan." He stretched, walking for the door. "Wanna go enjoy the sun while I feed Vixen?" he asked. Aspen was the person on the ship closest to his own age; he wanted to get to know the other teen if possible.

Sylph seemed to be focused on something else, and she followed Xander out without comment.

Aspen yawned, and nodded slowly. "Seems like a good idea, yep!" he said, stretching as he walked out the door with Xander. The yougest Seaton didn't notice Sylph's lack of attention, and smiled. "Thanks for your help... Can't say that enough, really."

IC: Feral Tierra, Topside of S.S. Coral

Wisps of shadow whorled around as Feral Tierra manifested on the upper deck of the S.S. Coral. The shadowy creature knew he had a limited time before he dispersed. On top of that, he had no access to the power of Space which he used to have within. I'll have to do things the old fashioned way. The Spacial horror limped, trying his hardest to stay steady as he entered the main stairway to the lower decks.

Edited by Hades

Xander grinned a bit as he saw a familiar figure coming down the staircase. "Hey, Evan. Glad to see you awake." He smiled, but paused. Something seemed... off, about the Hero of Space. "You okay, man? Your color's a bit off." He held a hand out to stop Aspen from coming up. Focusing, he honed in on the feelings coming from the older man.

Sylph frowned softly. So, she said. You're what I was feeling. Her eyes glowed vibrantly, and multicolored lights formed around her hand. You're not Evan; you only look like him.

She let the Dazzling Gleam loose, not wasting another second. Hesitation meant the bad guy getting away. To Aspen, she said, Go warn everyone else below deck. See if the real Evan is awake!

Xander moved to stand beside Sylph, blocking the stairway from the imposter. A staircase wasn't the ideal location, but one couldn't always choose their battlefield.

"Wh-what the-??!" Aspen sputtered, as things went from zero to sixty in no time at all. The youngest Seaton however, turned around and quickly moved back down the stairs. 

Meanwhile, Aria's ears perked up while she munched on a poffin, closing her eyes. "That's... Odd. Seems as though a new presence has materialized on board. A malevolent aura on the top of the deck..."

"Guys!" Aspen's voice shouted from afar. "Something's wrong! Something that looks like Evan's on board, but it's not him!" 

"That confirms my theory." the Lucario said, pushing off from the wall she was leaning on. She sent her thoughts to everyone to catch their attention. "Everyone, time to meet up and formulate a plan. I'd estimate we have... Oh, say, a minute at most before this creature reaches us. Any takers?"

While that was going on, Aspen made a beeline for his room. He threw open the door in a panic, startling the two Eevee inside. "There's something wrong! You both have to find safety, everyone's in danger!" the youngest Seaton explained. Ellen nodded, and ran out of the room, but Saya simply hyperventilated, and curled up in fear. "Saya, please, listen to me, it's dangerous! You have to get up... Saya, please!" 

But there was no reply, as the Eevee kept whimpering. "Saya... You have to, there isn't any time... Saya...! Please listen...!" he pleaded, before Aspen bit his lip. "I'm sorry... But there's nothing else I can do." he said, closing his eyes as he went to grab and pick up the Eevee. She yelped in surprise, and clawed at Aspen to let her go. Ignoring the scratches he was getting, Aspen ran out of the room, Saya in his arms...

IC: Feral Tierra

The Dazzling Gleam caught Feral off guard, sending the Spacial Horror flying back into a wall. On top of that, the light had left him dazed. Growling, he rubbed his eyes as he tried to regain what little footing he had. Feral glared at Xander, noting that he would be the master of that Gardevoir.

"You'll pay for that!" Feral roared as he blindly rushed towards Xander. "You're nothing to me! All of you are nothing!"

As Feral drew closer to Xander, he slammed his body into the trainer, knocking Xander off his feet. Feral recalled there were two trainers, and snarled. At this rate, the boat would be in a state of alarm, due to all the noise. As the creature lumbered about, he saw a trainer exit a doorway. He recognized him as the one who ran away.

"You can't run forever, boy." the Spacial Horror gloated as he drew closer to Aspen. "You're nothing to me. Everyone here is nothing. There's nothing you can do to stop me. It's useless, useless, useless!"

Just my freaking luck.

That... Thing impersonating Evan was now right in front of his face, just as he had grabbed the crying and whimpering Eevee. Where could he go? Even if he ran away, the monstrosity would just go across the boat, and take on everything inside, and eventually, find him and Saya... Well, there was one thing he could do, the logical, sane course of action that the youngest Seaton immediately decided to do. 

Aspen headbutted the Spacial Horror and booked it.

"So much for being nothing, huh?!" he called back, while running for the top deck. "Hope you get stepped on by the others!"

IC: Dahlia Seaton 

The middle Seaton gasped as she heard the ruckus, and then Aria and Aspen's alarm. She looked around in her room, and found a mirror, turning calmly towards it, even as her mind raced. She knew now was the best time for advice, if there is one...

"Giratina. Do you know what's going on?" she asked, waiting for the Renegade Pokemon's form to appear. "And... Well, whatever's happening, it's probably a good opportunity to get those Reverse powers. That way I can keep everyone safe..."

Edited by Ajna the Muffin Daughter

IC: Xander

He recovered from the fall remarkably, all things considered. He scrambled to his feet just in time to see Aspen headbutt the creature and book it down the hall. His back screaming at him, Xander lunged for the abomination. "Hey ugly--" Sorry, Evan, he thought, "How about you focus on one thing at a time here." Xander grabbed the Spacial Horror, swinging him back around towards the stairs.

IC: Sylph

When Xander went flying, Sylph panicked for a brief second. Spinning on the stairs, she was glad to see him up and about -- and giving her an opening for attack. They had to keep him distracted until the others could mobilize. Crying defiance, Sylph blasted Feral with a Moon Blast.

IC: Ellen the Eevee

There was a mighty roar, or as mighty a roar as an Eevee could make, and then Ellen was flying through the air. She slammed all fifteen pounds of herself into the middle of the strange man's back, right in time for Sylph's attack to hit. Xander caught her neatly in his arms and she barked a greeting.

IC: Kalos Team

Xander put himself in the middle of the hall. He'd been caught off guard last time. This thing wouldn't get past him again. Sylph descended the stairs, her hand outstretched at chest height. Psychic energy danced at her fingertips.

Once this is over, we really must talk to Tierra about where he tosses his garbage. There was a deep 'thrum' and she released the Psychic attack. It's having a negative impact on the environment.

Ellen was trying not to think about the fit Vixen would have when she found out she'd missed this.

When Ray and Ryan first heard the ruckus, they weren't quite sure what was going on. Then the warnings rang out, and the two looked at each other, and promptly ran toward the source of the noise. When they reached it, they blinked. "... Is that... Evan?" Ryan wondered out loud, as the black haired trainer frowned.

Ray shook his head, as he vaguely recognized the... offness of the creature from Opelucid. "No. Something much worse..." Ray frowned, as he didn't think the creature noticed them yet, but had to plan this carefully...

-==IC: Jenny==-

"Huh...?" Jenny blinked sleepily, as she was jostled awake by Evan's words. "What do you mean...?" She frowned, a puzzled look on her face as she heard distants noises of fighting.

A series of thuds echoed through the boat, reaching Ryan's ears as he sipped the last of his stew. "Oh, no," he muttered. "Sounds like Saya didn't respond well to another of her kind." Already he could imagine the terrified Eevee dashing through the small vessel in a panic, wreaking havoc wherever she went.

Then Aspen's warning reached his ears.

"Something that looks like Evan, but isn't...?" The Liberty trainer's face paled. Evan had told him the spacial anomaly had been destroyed after the battle in Opelucid. If that thing was still alive -- and loose on this ship -- then an Eevee's panic attack was the least of their worries.

"What's going on?" Paul asked. Ray and the other Ryan had already rushed out of the room, followed closely by Aria. Dahlia had walked into a corner and just stood there, like she was waiting for something to happen. The blacksmith stood up and reached for his Bisharp's Pokéball, ready for anything.

"There's no time to explain," Ryan said, getting up as well. "But I think there's a spacial monstrosity loose with the power to kill everyone on this boat. And it looks just like Evan."

Paul gave the Liberty agent a dumbfounded look. "You think? Shouldn't we be certain before we start attacking Evan?"

"Believe me," Ryan called back as he ran out of the dining area. "You'll know it when you see him."

Ryan ran down the hall, where Ryan Hikari and Ray had stopped several feet from Xander. At the foot of the stairs, being assaulted by Sylph, was the unmistakable form of the spacial horror that called itself Feral Tierra. Ryan instinctively reached for his belt, but hesitated. All of his powerhouse Pokémon would be too destructive in a confined corridor like this. He needed a new strategy.

With a burst of light, Ryan sent out Missy. The Mismagius took one look at the situation and turned ethereal, zipping toward Feral in a stealthy Shadow Sneak. The ghost planted herself right behind Evan's doppelganger and turned corporeal once more. Cackling to herself, Missy bit down on the back of Feral's scraggly hair and gave it a sharp yank.

IC: Paul
Back in the dining area, Paul was about to run out into the hallway, but paused when he reached the door frame. He glanced back at Dahlia, who still seemed fixated on whatever she was staring at in the corner.

"Dahlia!" the blacksmith said urgently. "This is no time to be daydreaming. You okay?"

IC Evan Tierra

Evan smirked at the noises faintly echoing from outside. He wasn't sure what exactly was going on, but he was pretty sure it wasn't pretty. Looking over to Jenny, he continued to smile. "Jenny, remember that thing I killed in Opelucid?" Evan spoke confidently. "He's been messing with my head since that day. Something tells me, after I managed to get him out of my head, he came out into this world. Sounds like the others may have met him already. Let's see if we can help out with dealing with him. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't want to miss all the fun, eh?"

The Hero of space put his Garchomp-Scale coat and walked over to the door, waiting for Jenny to join him.......

IC: Giratina

Giratina came into view of Dahlia, it's eyes smouldering gently at the gardener. "I believe something that was once connected to Evan Tierra has finally manifested itself again." the Renegade pokemon explained. "It seems to be powerless, but is radiating particularly murderous intent. While I would have rather waited until Evan Tierra showed you the Shard, I guess I have no choice now."

The Dragon-type's eyes gleamed golden as it roared in Dahlia's mind. Pictures of a land that twisted and writhed filled Dahlia's mind. Waterfalls that flowed upward, being among the bizarre structures. "This is the power of Reverse, Dahlia Seaton!" Giratina roared powerfully. "The power to distort the laws of the world to an extent! Use it well!"

As suddenly as it had appeared, the image of Giratina faded away from the reflective surface, leaving Dahlia alone with Paul......

Everything happened so fast, that Feral could not decide what he was more furious about. First he got headbutted by that boy. Then, the other trainer had thrown him at the stairs, where upon that Gardevoir struck him with another blast of light. As that happened, Feral was struck in the back by an Eevee that came out of nowhere. Then, of all the times, that Gardevoir struck him with a burst of psychic energy.

"STOP IT! YOU'RE ALL NOTHING!" Feral roared angrily. "HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND UP TO ME!"

As Feral was going to continue his outraged yelling, a Mismagius suddenly appeared behind the Spacial Monstrosity and yanked his hair. The creature roared in pain as he tried to regain his bearings. This shouldn't be happening to him at all. He was supposed to be the one in control here. Why was everything going wrong for him?

Edited by Hades

Dahlia closed her eyes as Giratina's voice boomed in her head, the images of a warped, twisted land flashing in her mind. She grit her teeth, feeling as though she would lose her grip on this plane of reality. But she clenched her hand, shuddering. 

She had to stay D E T E R M I N E D. 

As quickly as it had happened, the visions disappeared, and Dahlia snapped to, gasping quickly. She took a few deep breaths to regain her composure, and turned around, finding Paul staring at her with concern.

"There's no need to worry, I'm alright... More than alright." she said, smiling confidently. "That thing stomping around is going to have to deal with a lot more than what he bargained with..." the gardener declared, running out of her room and into the hallway. It didn't take Dahlia long to find Feral, as he was currently screaming his head off...

"Hey, you!" she said, striding up to the Spacial Horror. "Do you really wan't to keep going? Well... Try it then!" Dahlia challenged him, glaring. She wasn't exactly sure how to activate her power right now, and was mostly improvising, but she had a feeling her power would work when it was needed...

Ray smirked, as he heard the being cry out in annoyance, anger, and likely pain. "Watch this." He said, as he attempted a flying leap kick on the Spacial Horror. He missed badly. His fist, however, flew into Feral's face, so it was all good still! Until Ray landed, rather painfully.

Ryan, on the other hand, slapped his hand to his face and shook his head, embarrassed at Ray's stunt. That said, he promptly walked over to Feral, and attempted to uppercut his body, a grim look on his face.

"... Really? Huh. Well, okay then!" She said cheerfully, as she headed off down the hall. She frowned slightly, as she thought about how they might be able to defeat it. Evan had already dealt with him once, after all, and he had seemed to be certain it would be for good... How, how, how? How to defeat him for good~?

Before Feral could respond to Dahlia's challenge, his face was struck by Ray's fist. Before he could even react to that, the Spacial Horror was struck in the stomach. What was going on? He was so used to having the edge over everyone. Could it be that he couldn't comprehend a situation where he had no edge? Feral retched slightly as he backed away from Ryan, his eyes showing slight fear. Feral turned to Dahlia and growled.

"I REFUSE TO BE HUMILIATED BY ALL OF YOU!" Feral roared out as he threw his fist at the gardener. "I WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!"

As soon as Feral's fist made contact with Dahlia, he was knocked back slightly. The shadowy clone of Evan felt what he thought was a punch. A weak one, but it was still enough to send him back. Feral tried kicking her, only to feel the force of a weak kick hitting his shin, as well as being knocked away a bit......

"How?!" the creature roared out in shock. "How is any of this possible?!"

Dahlia flinched at the punch, and moved away to defend against it... Only for the impact to be much, much weaker than she could have anticipated. She looked back in surprise, as the punch that had been thrown at her was very muted, as if she was covered in a protective rubber barrier... Feral's kick didn't hurt any more than that, feeling very dull overall. Suddenly, the gardener realized what was happening, and grinned widely, chuckling a bit. 

"Giratina says hi. He and I say to get the heck off this boat." the middle Seaton said with faux friendliness, kneeing Feral in the gut. However, before she moved her knee, the Spacial Horror gasped, and sprawled over, clutching his stomach while stumbling back, just as her knee moved to the perfect angle where it would have struck his stomach. Another power of Reverse? This is interesting...

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan seemed surprised, as he saw what happened. First it almost seemed like Feral was hitting himself, then Dahlia attacked before she actually moved... "Is this what she meant?" He asked in surprise, not even paying attention to the equally stunned Ray, who was otherwise still on the ground, recovering from his missed human-style high jump kick.

IC: Ryan/Paul

"You were right, Ryan," Paul said as he arrived on the scene a few paces behind Dahlia. "That thing's definitely not Evan; not nearly enough style."

Ryan was taken aback by the sudden physical assault Feral. Ray and the other Ryan ran forward to punch the spacial horror in the face and stomach, respectively. The Liberty agent decided to hang back. He wasn't much for physical combat anyway, and after nearly impaling Ray with a seamitar in Fortree, the thought of expressing his anger through violence left a bad taste in his mouth.

In the confusion of all the attacks flying toward Feral, both from humans and Pokémon, Ryan hadn't noticed Dahlia push through the crowd and start taunting the spacial horror herself. That is, until Feral turned toward her, eyes blazing with fury, and threw a punch at her. The middle Seaton child didn't even have a Pokéball ready to defend herself.

Ryan's eyes widened as the punch knocked Feral back instead of Dahlia. The gardener seemed just as surprised as anyone, but quickly put on a grin and continued to taunt Feral in a sing-song voice.

Of course... Ryan realized, his mouth dropping open as Dahlia pushed Feral away without actually making contact. The Heroine of Reverse... so this is the true power of Giratina.

Terry watched the skirmish unfold. He had never seen Feral before, but he recognized him from the stories Evan had told. The shadowy version of Evan was something he hoped Ellen would never have to see. With a low growl, the Herdier darted forward to Take Down the abomination, ignoring Paul's protests. Paul hadn't heard the stories. He didn't know what this creature had done. But Terry had heard enough to know that Feral was an entity that shouldn't exist. And so he put every fiber of muscle behind his head-on collision with the Evan lookalike.

Xander hung back for a few seconds, feeling his back still screaming at him. He watched as everyone else got their shots in on this... thing. Dahlia seemed to have awakened some sort of powers of her own, and everyone else was taking their turn at the thing. Even Terry got in on the action. As Feral was reeling from the Herdier's tackle, Xander stepped forward, booting the abomination in the back.

"You are not in control. You chose a really bad place to saunter in like you own the place." He used his foot to push the monster onto his side. "Here's what's going to happen. If you move again before the real Evan Tierra shows up, we all take another round with you." Sylph prepared another Psychic attack, grinning.

"So, your options are to lay there like the pathetic waste of breath you are... Or the beatdown continues." He was half-hoping that Feral would fight him on this. It would give him an excuse to bounce the Spacial Horror's head like a basketball.

IC: Aria

"Well now, what do we have here?" the Lucario said, walking up to the commotion. She turned her empty glare at Feral, and frowned disapprovingly, grabbing the Spacial Horror in a psychic grip, holding Feral in place.

"Hmmph. I was expecting something... More, from the malevolence in your aura." Aria sighed, shaking her head. She then twisted his arms back, eyes glowing blue. "Oh well. Time for you to go."

Feral gasped for air. All the blows being thrown at him left and right, had left the Spacial Horror numb. There was no way this should be happening. As Aria held him in her psychic grip, Feral heard Xander's threat. "As if I can move now, you fool!" Feral had growled, as his grimace of pain, turned to a smug grin. "You do realize, that all the damage you've done, has also been dealt to the real Evan Tierra!" Feral hoped that his gamble would pay off.

"Well, I guess I just don't feel it then!"

Feral turned his head and his expression fell from smug to outright afraid. He felt what passed for blood chill, as he saw the owner of that confident voice walk into view. The Spacial Horror had the distinct feeling.......

He was going to have a bad time.

The owner of the voice was.............

IC: Evan Tierra, Hero of Space

Evan Tierra strode in, an aura of confidence seeming to radiate from him. Behind him, grinning a bit, was Jenny Hakuda. Despite all the ruckus, Evan hadn't felt the need to hurry up. He had heard all the threats and blows landing. Evan turned towards Xander and started to speak. "Well, we're here, and I heard everything, Xander. Does that mean we get our turns?"

Xander rose up to his feet and replied, smiling as he did so. "He's all yours, Evan."

As if hearing those words, Scizlite suddenly materialized from her poke ball, her expression stoic, for the most part. Evan turned towards Feral, smiling again. "So you thought you could try to hurt my friends and make me miserable again? Not gonna happen, buddy! Hey, anyone want one last word in?"

"How about me?" Jenny asked with a small smile, as she held a Pokeball in her hand. Ray groaned, as he tried to stand up again, but Jenny placed a hand on his shoulder to pat it for a moment, and then quickly took Zangetsu's Pokeball, as she sent out Gnip and the Zangoose. "I think there's something to say here too."

"The more the merrier!" Evan replied, grinning pleasantly that more joined in. "All right, everyone. Prepare for one heck of a show!"

"Bullet Punch!"

"Outrage and Close Combat!"

First came Zangetsu's Close Combat, as he punched the immobile Feral Tierra repeatedly. "SORARARARARARARARARARA!" echoed from Zangetsu.Then came Gnip, glowing with Dragon-type energy as she slashed out at Feral furiously, letting her justified rage overtake her. "GARARARARARARARARARARCHOMP!" came roaring from the Garchomp. Jenny mimicked Gnip's slashes, seeming to have fun with this. Finally, it was Scizlite and Evan's turn. Scizlite threw punches with incredible rapidity, her emotions free to roam wild for this attack. "ZORARARARARARARARARARARARA!" Evan imitated her punches, yelling out the same cries that echoed from the Pincer Pokemon.

After all was said and done, the psychic grip was released, and Feral collapsed from the ground, his breathing harsh. ".....How?" Feral weakly asked. "How can you be this way, despite all that has happened? After all that has happened to you?"

"How?" Evan replied, smiling a bit. "Because I am Evan Tierra, and I am not an Ex-Hero any more. I am a Hero, through and through."

Feral got back up on his feet, his movements very shaky. The Spacial Horror wasn't sure what would come next, but he knew that it would not be good for him as he just stood there, trying to make heads or tails of everything.

"Jenny, I've figured out how to deal with him, maybe." Evan said as he turned to Jenny, a twinkle in his eyes. "Remember episode twelve's recut of Garchaman? You know what to do.~"

-==IC: Ray/Jenny==-

Ray watched in surprise, as everything happened. It was like watching a tide turning; perhaps for the better. He stood up, but glanced over at Jenny in confusion, as she was grinning from ear to ear.

"That, huh?" Jenny mused, as she stared down Feral. This would be rather fun. She thought over how it went, as she took steps toward the creature, and giggled in amusement. "Oh, this'll be amazing."

"What are you talking about?" Feral said fearfully as he tried to step away from Jenny. "Are you going to kill me?"

The Spacial horror was afraid, because he didn't know what Evan was talking about. There was nothing that could tip him off to what was in store.....

Jenny stepped up to Feral with a slightly smug look on her face. "Nope!" She said, an amused look on her face, as she promptly kissed the spacial horror. The recut. The moment when the heroine managed to seal the ultimate evil they were fighting inside her, partially by catching the villain off guard. It seemed like a perfect idea to her; especially if it went just like it did then.

"That was it?" Feral laughed incredulously at Jenny. "That didn't add up at a-"

The Spacial Horror then noticed that his arm was fading away. It dissolved into pinkish wisps of energy. He was fading away. No. Something else was happening. Feral felt himself being pulled into something, as he dissolved more and more. He then heard a booming voice in his head, and his alone. It was the voice of Palkia.

"The kiss alone wouldn't have done anything." Palkia boomed. "But I saw it as the perfect chance to finally do away with you. It lowered your guard enough for me to do this. There's nothing to gain from killing you. Welcome to your new prison: Jenny Hakuda."

Feral could only scream as his form continued to disintergrate and fade away. There was nothing he could do now. He had lost this fight. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't accomplish anything. This was the final nail in the coffin for him. The last wisps of Feral disappeared completely, leaving nothing in his place.......

As if Dahlia's realization of her Reverse powers wasn't enough, Evan and Jenny strode onto the scene as calmly as if they were taking a walk through a park. Ryan suddenly felt like he was watching a movie as the Hero of Space, his girlfriend, and their Pokémon all attacked the spacial horror, leaving him seemingly within an inch of death.

Then things took a completely unexpected turn as Jenny planted a kiss right on Feral's lips, causing the spacial anomaly to fade from existence.

"Whoa," Ryan said, trying to wrap his head around what he'd just witnessed. "Talk about a kiss of death. When did you learn to do that?"

Dahlia watched as Evan and Jenny appeared on the scene, brutally assaulting Feral with everything they had. Normally, she would have questioned if the level of violence used was necessary, but for some reason, watching Feral be tossed around like a ragdoll gave her a rush of satisfaction. The middle gardener was, like several of the others, caught off guard when Jenny leaned in to kiss Feral, moreso when the Spacial Horror dissolved into wisps.

"Yeah! Congrats, everyone!c she exclaimed in a triumphant tone. Her celebratory nature was short lived, however, as she was immediately hit with an overwhelming exhaustion, slumping forward. "Ulp... Guess those powers take a lot outta me, huh...? I'm going to lay down..." Dahlia muttered, eyes drooping. The middle Seaton dragged her feet back to her room, and collapsed onto the bed, immediately conking out.

The youngest Seaton sat down next to the top of the stairs, cradling Saya in his arms. The tiny Eevee cried out in fear, kicking against his grip, with Aspen barely able to keep her in his arms. "Shhhh, Saya, please listen..." he said in a comforting tone. "I don't know what's happening, but I know the others will take care of it. I'm here to keep you safe, alright...? I won't ever hurt you. I promise." the trainer declared, hugging Saya gently.

The fox-like Pokemon opened her eyes, unsure of what was going on, with Aspen smiling softly, kissing the top of her head gently. Saya still looked back reluctantly, and sniffed, but then quiet.

He walked back down the stairs, hearing that the fighting stopped. He saw everyone on the boat gathered in one spot, minus the Evan lookalike. "So... What happened?" he asked, looking around confusedly. "Sorta out of the loop, here..."

Xander had to laugh at Evan and Jenny's antics. Taken straight out of an old anime! He slumped against the wall as the adrenaline started to fade, leaving him feeling very much like he'd been tackled by a spacial abomination. He waved to Dahlia as she passed, and turned when Aspen reappeared on the scene.

Smiling, Xander walked over to him. "I'll give you a recap on the way to your cabin. I don't think Ellen and Saya were done socializing." The Eevee in his arms barked softly at Saya, wondering if she had been injured.

Sylph smiled. Congratulations, Evan, on getting your powers back and locking away your mental evil clone all in one day.

Xander nodded. "What she said, only more so." He rolled his shoulders, wincing. "I think I'm gonna take a page out of Dahlia's book here. Drop Ellen off so she can get to know Saya, and then go lay down for the second major healing I've had in a little over an hour." He grinned and started walking back towards Aspen's cabin.

Sylph nodded. Have a good night, everyone.

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan waved Xander off as he drew a little closer to Jenny, his eyes blazing with fire. "Thanks, it's good to be back." the Plasma agent replied as he turned to Ryan Sanders to answer his question. "Oh, I just remembered a little something Jenny and I talked about earlier. Didn't think it would work, but hey! I'm glad to have been wrong. I'm also glad to see Dahlia's gotten a little encouragement from Giratina. Thank you all for your help!"

Evan then focused on what had just happened. He knew a simple kiss couldn't kill that thing no matter how weak he was. He suspected something else was afoot. If this was like Garchaman, then that would mean one thing. The thought of that made Evan laugh. He could not think of any worse punishment than that. But he had to know for certain. He had to know if Jenny was ok.

"Hey, is everything all right?" Evan asked Jenny, trying not to sound too worried. "Do you think he's gone?"

Edited by Hades

"Hmmm...." Jenny seemed thoughtful for a moment, as she put her hand to her chin. After a few moments, everyone still in the vicinity would hear some ranting.

"What happened?!"

"Where am I?!"

"Did I just......?"

"NONONONONONONONONONONO!"

"But how?!"

"You're all weak! You're all nothing!"

After a little while longer of that, Jenny focused again, and only Evan and herself could actually hear the ranting. The girl giggled, a slightly amused look on her face. "I don't think we'll need to worry about him anymore!"

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray was baffled, and knew that Ryan was too. The two exchanged some glances, and then blinked at the scene. "... Well, I have no clue what just happened there." He said as he finally got up, and recalled his Zangoose. He gave Jenny a confused glance, and scratched his head, totally uncertain what just took place there at all.