Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Mercury and Anubis

Mercury glanced at the other patients before glaring at the woman. "We can step outside if you really want to. I'm not letting you kill another innocent person, though." He wiped his hand on his jeans, smearing blood down them. "I don't know who you are or what you want, but I'll be happy to deal with you away from here." The woman recognized a wielder of aura, and she had two guns now. He had to find some way to get them out of this room. Maybe through the new hole in the wall that Rhyperior had left.

Anubis was growling at the Exeggutor. The grass type had tanked the aura sphere, and Anubis had jumped away from it as it appeared. They were far too cramped in here. Not a good place for a fight. With the addition of Belle's Dragonair and Metang, there was barely space to move.

IC: Belle LaDonna

Belle had given as much space as possible to Mercury and Anubis, but that didn't matter with two big, bulky pokémon. The thief sidled around to the left wall of the room, leaving the center a bit more open. "I'm with him. If you don't leave, we'll make you leave." It wasn't much of a threat. These two probably wanted to make an escape, and stepping outside would give them ample opportunity.

Except that Cyanide could almost certainly move faster than them. If they tried to run, Belle would get mean. "If you wanna screw with the silver-haired punk, let's do it where nobody else gets hurt."

IC:

Their blood would paint the town by the time he finished with them. They would live to regret this, and then they would cease to live. These two women had the gall to shoot him, and they would suffer for it! The boy might not want to send out that corrupted creature, but he would let it go wild on these two impudent witches!

Edited by A Conversation

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Ryan

Ryan fell quiet, pursing his lips. So that's what this was about. He fell quiet for several moments, recalling the surge of emotions he had felt upon being forgotten. Awkwardness. Annoyance. Yearning. How easy it would be to blame his subsequent actions on that single moment. But he knew better. Ray's forgetfulness had acted only as a catalyst for the sin that was already there. He took a deep breath.

"Don't worry about it," he muttered. "It was my fault for not leaving right away. Had you waited another twenty seconds I'd have been halfway down the hall." Ryan gave a wry smile as he eyed the Separatist. "If that's all this is about, Ray, then you can stop with the doom and gloom. I forgive you."

IC: Shannon

When Ryan took her hand, Shannon's breath caught in her throat. The woman who had visited her earlier -- how earlier, she had no clue -- had shown her how much she'd missed physical contact. Now she reveled in it. She could feel her veins pulsing in her hand, and grew dimly aware of the rhythm of Ryan's own veins. He was not an apparition; he was not a product of her imagination. He was really there, kneeling beside her and holding her hand in his own like it was the most precious jewel he had ever seen.

It was only as Shannon began to absentmindedly run her thumb across his roughened knuckles, tracing each peak and valley like a surveyor charting an unexplored land, that she became dimly aware that Ryan had been talking. His question took her by surprise; her body may have been awake, but her mind was dangerously close to drifting away into the realm of dreams.

She met his unwavering eyes and smiled, pretending to have heard everything the black-haired trainer had said. "I thought it was a lovely surprise," she said, which was true, although she started to wonder how long he'd sat there watching her sleep.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray chuckled slightly, as he scratched his head with a small smile. "Not totally. Helps, though... And you do have a point." He went quiet again, and sighed. "There's other stuff, and Evan'd probably hit me again if he heard me going on about it more. But aside from that... stuff..." The separatist had to choose his words carefully there, leaving anything else unsaid for the moment. "There's a few other things, but I don't think I can actually... remedy it without just taking time... I just feel like I've made too many mistakes, you know?" He didn't want to burden Ryan with one subject in particular, and had a feeling that it would just make things worse, and would be something only time could actually answer for.

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan smiled as Shannon answered; though he felt as if she seemed a tiny bit distracted. "Good to hear, would've been a bit awkward if it hadn't been." His face took on a more teasing look at that, as he made no move to take his hand away. He realized that she seemed to want to hold his hand, from how preoccupied she seemed to be with it. Due to that, he was in no rush at all to get it back. "How have you been doing, anyway? I guess I haven't actually asked that in a bit, huh...?" He apologetically smiled a bit with the question, though she seemed better than usual... even if she still seemed like she was half inside a dream.

Edited by Jotaro Kujo

The Liberty agent frowned. "Listen, Ray. If you've made too many mistakes, then I don't even want to think about where that puts me." He sighed, looking the Separatist squarely in the face. "How is it that you can put all this effort into helping me, when you aren't even listening to your own advice? Everyone has the potential to mess up, but the way you improve is by learning from your mistakes. Did you actually believe any of that, or were you just spewing out words until you found something I could latch onto?"

He hadn't meant to let his voice rise, but the next thing he knew, he was yelling. Ryan forced himself to turn away and took several deep breaths. Anger wasn't the best way to go about this, but he just couldn't believe Ray could be so hypocritical like that. It hurt him, and he had a feeling that if Dahlia and Xander hadn't lent their advice, he would have felt even more betrayed.

"I've been doing good," Shannon said with a smile. "I met the woman you sent to check on me, she was very nice. And I've been talking to you a lot, which really helps pass the time. It can get boring when there's no one to talk to, and it still hurts to move around too much, but other than that I've been doing great! Although I really hope I can get out of here soon; if I'm stuck here much longer, I'm afraid I'll forget how my legs are supposed to work."

Her voice had a hoarse, raspy tone that hadn't been there the last time Ryan had talked with her. For while her frequent chats had done wonders for her mental and emotional health, they had taken their toll on her physical health. Beneath her excitement hid the tired and baggy eyes of a girl who wasn't getting nearly as much sleep as she should, despite laying in a bed all day.

"And what about you?" she asked as she ran her thumb across the back of his hand again. "I don't think I've asked how you've been doing lately, either."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Ray blinked. First for a moment, but then a few more. He puzzled over the reaction. "... I did believe it, though..." He seemed confused by what was being said. He scratched his head, as he attempted to make sense of what was going on. "I mean, yeah, I've learned from most of my mistakes, though I fear I'll still keep being hasty. But..." He looked at Ryan a bit oddly. "I meant with a certain someone. Like. In a certain way. What did you think I meant?" The spiky haired trainer had hoped to not have to actually bring it up, but with Ryan's reaction, he figured there was no other real choice.

Ryan chuckled at the mentions of how the girl had been doing, but noted just how... exhausted she seemed. He seemed a little worried about that and the hoarseness of her voice, but before he could ask about that, she had chosen her own question. At it, the black haired man scratched his head with his free hand, wondering again the answer to that.

"I've definitely been doing better recently." Ryan said with a smile, as it wasn't truly wrong. He did, however, leave out the nightmares. "Still not doing well on the socializing front, but that's kinda to be expected..." He chuckled again, as he thought back to what she had been saying. "Oh, I think aunt Stacy was talking about how she'd come to visit." He mentioned, not realizing fully that Shannon hadn't recognized her.

The trainer raised an eyebrow. "You mean Sonja?" He shook his head. "If that's what you meant, why didn't you just come out and say it in the first place? I can't exactly help you if you keep being vague on everything. Either way, I'd think your advice still stands: learn from your mistakes, don't dwell on them."

Shannon tilted her head. "Aunt Stacy...?" She furrowed her brow. Then her jaw dropped open as her eyes grew wide with realization. An instant later she shut her mouth and cleared her throat. "Uh, yes. Aunt Stacy. Er... Mrs. Stacy, that is. She did come to visit. She was very nice."

While she put on a smile, Shannon silently berated herself for not recognizing her host, the woman who had so graciously given her a place to stay and recover. She may be sick of her hospital bed, but were it not for Ryan's aunt Stacy, she would likely be confined to the crowded and far more chaotic services of the public hospital.

Preferring not to dwell on that, Shannon sought to change the subject. "What do you mean about the socializing front?" she asked. "I think you're a wonderful socializer."

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Chapel, Walking:

Gavin held a more cynical view of the situation, which he offered after several moments of silence: "Unfortunately, as long as people exist in positions of power, we're going to have to continue doing our job. If not us, then Team Rocket as a whole, even after we're all dead."

"Or retired," Ethan said. "I think I'd like to settle down at some point in the future. Set up a farm or a big garden or something." He smiled at the thought. "Who knows? Maybe in ten years or so, I'll be in charge of the Celadon Gym." He rustled Gavin's hair. "What about you, Mr. Braner? Let's just assume we're not all going to die horribly painful deaths in the near future. What would you like to do with your life?"

As much as he tried to fight Ethan's infectious enthusiasm, Gavin couldn't help but crack a small smile. "Dunno," he said. "Never really thought about it. I've always assumed I would just end up being dragged along everywhere you go."

Ethan smirked. "You're not wrong."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Ray opened his mouth for a moment, as he was about to say that advice didn't seem to actually stand. However, he simply stayed quiet, and nodded in response. He didn't seem to be totally convinced, however, but didn't want to start an argument. "I guess so." He didn't add on how he doubted that she was too impressed with either of them. He stayed quiet, and scratched his head. "Anything else?" The separatist suddenly wasn't in quite a talkative mood again. Perhaps Ryan's outburst had finally sunk in. Perhaps he was just tired and hungry. He couldn't even be sure there.

Ryan's smile faltered for a moment, as he scratched his head. "Well... I kinda... don't really talk with the others that much. Maybe I'm just afraid to. I mean, I got talking with a couple of the people in the group about things, but..." He went quiet for a couple moments. "I just don't know. It's admittedly hard to figure out what to say to them usually, to start the conversation. I feel like an outsider. But I don't have that problem for everyone, so it's odd..." His face showed his confusion, but he chuckled slightly, as his grin kinda returned. "Talking with you, though, definitely feels a lot easier."

"Yeah." Ryan bit his lip. "I'm sorry for that little outburst. But you should seriously consider practicing what you preach. If you want to talk about it -- really talk about it -- then I'm all ears. But if all you're going to do is just keep making vague allusions to your mountain of regrets, then you can forget it."

The Liberty agent sighed. Even though they had both failed her, he knew that Sonja wouldn't want them to fight like this. Neither would Ellen, for that matter. Ryan had half a mind to just turn around and walk off, but he forced himself to stay, in case Ray really did want to talk.

Shannon giggled. "That's only because you talk to me all the time, silly. I bet if you started talking to other people more, you'd find they're just as easy to talk to. Besides, what is there to be afraid of?"

Even as she spoke, Shannon realized that she, too, tended not to talk to people. Ever since she had moved to Celadon, she had become more secluded, spending most of her time indoors by herself. Sure, she had Selena and Sousa to keep her company, but other than her trusted Pokémon she tended to just stay out of everyone's way. It was easier to just avoid conflicts altogether. She found it strange that she should have more social interaction in a secluded hospital room than she'd had over the past several years in one of the biggest cities in Kanto.

She suddenly broke into a teasing grin. "If you're really having that much trouble, then just pretend everyone you try to talk to is me."

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke

Madison remained quiet. She might have been simply preoccupied with the coming battle, but her eyes had an almost somber look. Her mouth twitched in a slight smile at Ethan's comment, but she chose to give no thoughts of her own.

Luke, of course, entirely ignored Madison's internal monologue and decided to give his own answer to the question Ethan had posed. "Sounds about like what we'd like to do," he said, putting one arm around Madison and the other around Dack despite their protests. "I figure I'm stuck with these two goofballs for life." The blackbelt gave his two companions an affectionate grin before turning his attention back to Ethan and Gavin. "So how long have you two known each other? Were you assigned as partners like Dack and Hannah were?"

Dack had only been half-paying attention. The rest of his mind had been going over strategies, prepping himself for the battle. This task was rudely interrupted when Luke pulled him into a loving headlock, but the distraction freed his mind enough to notice that while they had been talking, the group had already made their way to the battle arenas. So much for having a chance to form a battle strategy.

Ryan chuckled at that, as he smiled. "I might just have to try it..." He seemed to come to the same conclusion that Shannon had, however, and spoke of that not long after. "I guess we both have trouble with people who aren't us..." He wondered if it was that similarity that made him more comfortable talking to the bed-ridden girl for a moment. He gave a smile, though. "Maybe we can somehow help each other then, even with just that imagining idea you had."

"W-wait." Shannon felt her face redden. "Wh-who said I have trouble talking to people?" She didn't think she had said that out loud, but with all her excitement she might have accidentally let something slip while chattering away. "I mean, you are really easy to talk to, but, I mean, that doesn't mean I can't..." She fidgeted as she stammered, and stared down into her lap for a moment. "...Yeah, I haven't really made many friends while in Celadon," she admitted. "But I wouldn't say I don't know how to talk to people, I'm just... out of practice."

Ryan felt a little embarrassed as well, as he hadn't meant to make her feel bad or anything like that. He smiled a bit to try and help the mood. "That's a good way to put it." He said with a slight chuckle. "And, um... technically you hadn't said it... I kinda made a guess there, since you've mentioned the whole lack of friends thing, and..." He scratched his head, as he hoped she didn't feel uncomfortable from the guess. However, he tried to give her hand a very gentle squeeze to get her attention for a moment, as he smiled a bit more. "Maybe that's my problem too. I'm kinda out of practice, and still feel a little... I don't know, uncomfortable around the others. It's getting better though, at least."

The girl looked up at him and smiled back. "You know, just by looking at you, I wouldn't think you're that uncomfortable around others. When the army attacked, you just seemed so confident, and you worked pretty well with the others." She raised her eyebrows as her smile gained a hint of amusement, and she gave his hand a slight squeeze in return. "I think you're better than you give yourself credit for. Although maybe it'd help if you spent more time talking to other people instead of with me. N-not that I really mind the talking, I just... well, I don't want you to be so lonely."

Ray stayed quiet, as his face furrowed. "... I don't know how to talk about anything like that. When you've had to keep things bottled up for years... it kinda makes it difficult to explain, without a lot of coaxing or preparing. It's even harder if you've not really gotten much sleep." The separatist sighed slightly, still seeming uncertain about something. But he took a breath, and steeled himself to at least try and find out something.

"It's... not about me, but it's related to something. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but..." He still seemed shifty as he tried to gather his thoughts correctly. "... the dance... What happened that night? I know it's probably the last thing you want to talk about, but... I have to know for certain." Ray didn't want to go into a long explanation still. He was still hesitant to talk about his uncertainty, and talking about it with Ryan was bound to make things worse... but he wanted to know this one thing at least.

Ryan scratched his head, as he thought over the early part of the battle, making sure his thoughts didn't stray to the fight against Gerald... and the aftermath of that. "I dunno, we kinda did our own thing half the time, remember?" He pointed out with a smile equally as amused. He turned a tiny bit more serious, but kept his smile, albeit in a teasing fashion. "And that'd be a nice idea... though, I'm not lonely when talking to you, so that would work too." He looked at Shannon once again, seeming lost in thought about something.

For several long moments, Ryan was silent. Ray was right: this was the last thing he wanted to talk about. Nevertheless, he had promised to help the Separatist, and he wasn't about to go back on his promise. Ryan took a deep breath. "We... danced." He paused again, running a foot over the long blades of grass as if in an attempt to distract himself. "And we talked. Nothing special, we talked about Opelucid, about my Pokédex, about the peacetime. Then..." Ryan flushed as his voice faltered. "I, well, asked her..." He shook his head. "I don't remember exactly how I worded it, but I more or less asked her if she wanted to, well, date."

He couldn't believe he was admitting this to Ray. He closed his eyes against his burning cheeks and had to take several deep breaths before continuing. "She, um, never really answered. You see, about that time, Colette's sister came up and asked me to dance with her. With Colette, that is. Sonja agreed that I should. I think she was more than happy for an excuse to get away, to be honest." Ryan bit his lip, feeling his guilt writhing in his chest once more. "That's the last I saw of her that night."

Ryan's thoughtful gaze seemed to have the unusual effect of bringing out more color in Shannon's face than she thought possible. "T-talking to me could work, yeah..." she stammered. "But... what about when I'm not around? My point was, I don't want you to be lonely at all, even when we're apart. A-as much as I'd love for you to stay here with me... you need to rescue that girl. Ellen. She needs your help more than I do."

She looked at Ryan with a strange surge of emotions, so intricately intertwined she wasn't sure she could make sense of them all. She wished he wouldn't stare at her so intently, yet she found herself unable to look away. "B-by not talking to the others, I think you're depraving them of your amazing personality. And, if for some reason they don't like you... well, then you can always come back here. But you have to promise me you'll at least try to make friends."

Ray stayed quiet for a bit, but nodded. He had guessed that there was something like that, but didn't know what. That, however, kinda seemed to explain the missing pieces of the puzzle. "That makes sense." He said, as he struggled to think of a way to actually reply otherwise. It now made sense why Sonja had vanished during the dance, and why she had seemed so... off the day after. But, something caught his attention as well. "Pokedex?" Ray's eyebrow furrowed, as he struggled to figure out what context there were for that. "What about your Pokedex?"

"Alright then." Ryan gave a slight smile, and glanced down to her hand for a moment, as he thought over what he had wondered about before. "Say, what are you even planning to do after? I mean, like, after you're recovered and everything?" He wondered briefly what she had been doing before everything had become chaotic too, but thought that maybe she had simply been on break from something. The thought made him feel a bit guilty for a moment, as he wondered if he had messed anything up by causing her to be bed-ridden for as long as she was already. However, he forced himself to think past that, and try to not dwell on it too much, instead waiting for her answer.

Ryan chanced a glance back at the orange-haired trainer. "That's right, I never mentioned it to you," he muttered. "Turns out it belonged to Brendan Ruby. He's kind of famous around Hoenn, the son of Norman of Petalburg City. He was part of Liberty but went MIA a while ago. That's actually why Goldhawk contacted me about Colette in the first place; she was supposed to help me search for Ruby in the Orange Islands, where he was last seen." The trainer chuckled. "Of course, Ellen takes priority."

"I'm... not really sure," Shannon said as she furrowed her brow. "I'd like to say things would go back to the way they were... minus having a house, of course. I guess I'd probably stay here with Aunt Stacy for a while. Then when the summer's over, I'd probably go back to school. If the school still exists after that attack." She gained a melancholy expression and was quiet for a few moments. "What's the city like? I don't really get any newspapers or anything in here, so I have no idea what the extent of the damage was."

Ray nodded at the last mention. "Yeah. Among others." He left it unsaid who he was talking about, but made it not too hard to guess. "Ruby, though? Huh, never would've guessed, but it does kinda make sense, if you think about it... After all, Hoenn and all." The separatist nodded again, and sighed, as he stared toward the sky. "Why did any of this have to happen? The month was off to a great start, then all this."

Ryan paused for a few moments, as he tried to think. "Well... I didn't really get a chance to see much of anything when I showed up here this time. But if the state of the buildings are any indication, it's probably not too bad out there..." He gave a small smile, as the black haired man tried to keep her spirits up; but he believed they both remembered how her house had ended up, and how the neighbourhood where they fought Gerald was like when that fight finished. "I... might help with things, when this mission's over. It's the least I could do to help, right?" He thought for a moment, and looked curiously at Shannon. "You mentioned school?"

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Chapel, Arenas:

"I wanna say we met on a train," Ethan said. "But, if I'm being completely honest, it's all a bit of a blur to me, so . . ." He shrugged, smiling. "All I can say for certain is that we've been working together consistently for a year now. And it has been one crazy year."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

"I don't know," Ryan said grimly. "But if there's one thing Ellen's taught me, it's that you can find good in everything if you look hard enough. A diamond in the rough, so to speak. Where the good in this is, I don't know; but just look at everyone coming together to help rescue Ellen... as well as Sonja. That alone gives me hope. It could have just been the four of us -- you, me, Evan, and Jenny. But we've more than doubled our number. I hate this as much as you do... but I know Ellen would want us to look on the bright side." He managed a smile. "If we never did that, I'm afraid I would have drowned in hopelessness long ago."

The girl nodded. "It's nothing special or anything, just a local community college. I would have loved to get into one of the bigger universities, but..." Her voice trailed off as she gave herself a wry smile. "I'm studying art," she said, looking back at Ryan. The color rose in her cheeks once more. "I know, it's not the most exciting of majors, especially at a small community college as opposed to one of the major art schools. But it gives me something to do. Not to mention, Selena loves to pose for my sketches of her. Even though my professors keep saying I need to find other subjects for my art..."

Before she knew it Shannon was rambling again, going on and on about some of her best drawings, some of her worst, and the time her professor had criticized one of her favorite sketches. The fond memories brought a light to her eyes, just as the bitter ones caused her lip to quiver. Overall she remained happy though, glad for the chance to talk about one of her biggest passions. She only stopped when a fit of coughs overcame her, forcing her to take a long sip from the glass of water that stood on her nightstand. Her voice had grown even more hoarse, and it was all she could do to hide her exhaustion. As much as she would have liked to sleep, she was afraid she'd be alone when she awoke.

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke

"It certainly has been crazy," Luke said. "Madison and I, we're just regular trainers from Snowpoint, but in the past year alone our city's been avalanched, put to sleep, and nearly burned to the ground. And here we thought Dack was the one having all the fun."

Dack bit his lip, choosing not to comment on Luke's jab. "So a two-on-two battle, right?" he said as the group stood at the entrance to the arena. "One Pokémon each?"

"Probably for the best," Madison said with a sheepish smile. "I've only got Anzu."

Ray was quiet for a little longer, but eventually nodded. "You're right." He said, as he didn't quite manage as much of a smile, but at least attempted it. "I hope that dog ear girl can help." He left it unsaid that he wasn't sure if he'd be there to help convince the aura wielder.

Ryan listened with interest as Shannon went on and on, not seeming to think it was boring at all. As she began to cough, however, the black haired trainer looked over with a subtle frown, as he noticed her voice's change as well. "Well, I think your drawings are very nice." The man smiled, as he hid his worry. "Also... I have another surprise." He reached down to the ground, and picked up the gift. Ryan wondered a bit what she would think of it, but handed it to her. "I think I might have mentioned it, but I got you a little something while we were in Lilycove... admittedly, didn't expect to be able to get it to you this soon, but it worked out well."

Edited by Jotaro Kujo

"If she's half as good as her file claims her to be," Ryan said. "Then Ellen and Sonja couldn't be in better hands."

Shannon gasped in surprise, which threw her into another fit of coughing. "Sorry," she said in a raspy voice as she took another drink of water. "That's- I mean, th-this is very sweet of you." The girl smiled as she accepted the gift, looking at the wrapped box with interest. "You didn't have to do this," she said, ignoring the now-familiar sensation of her reddening cheeks. "Just you being here is more than enough of a gift. But thank you..."

She inspected the box thoroughly, her inner-artist coming out. "You did an excellent job wrapping it," she said. "And I like the color scheme between the wrapping paper and the bow. It looks very nice." She smiled at him. "Of course, they say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover... nor a present by its wrapping." She giggled teasingly, then went to carefully unwrap the present.

Pulling the paper away, she found a simple cardboard box. After balancing the present's bow on her head with a giggle, she opened the box, and was surprised to find three plastic bags, each seeming to contain a different gift. She picked one out at random and opened it up, pulling out a small Dunsparce keychain. "Ohmigosh, this is adorable~!" she cried. Whatever tiredness had been in her eyes before instantly disappeared as a huge grin took over her face. "An almost perfect replica of Sousa!"

The second back was much bigger than the other two; she curiously opened it and pulled out a leather bookmark, handmade, with an etching of the Ecruteak skyline. Shannon's smile grew wider as tears started to well up in her eyes. "R-Ryan..." She sniffled as memories of her childhood started flooding back. "Th-this... this is perfect!"

The third and final gift was contained within a small plastic box. Shannon shook it curiously, but didn't hear any noise to indicate what lay within. "Whatever could it be?" she wondered aloud. Ryan's only hint was a mysterious smile. Shannon opened the box and gasped; within lay a sectioned bracelet, alternating brown and cream. Two of the sections were shaped to form the head and tail of a Furret. For several moments Shannon found herself unable to speak. She eyed the bracelet in awe, and slipped it onto her wrist. Then, in a sudden impulse, she threw her arms around Ryan with such force that the empty box tumbled off the bed and onto the floor.

"Thank you!" she cried as tears of joy streamed down her face. "Thank you so, so much! These are the best gifts ever!"

Ray simply nodded in response, as he yawned again. "Slight tip for you... stress makes for horrid sleep." He sighed, but chuckled a bit, not intentionally changing the subject, but feeling only able to focus on that for the moment.

Ryan had been worried at first, but when Shannon had started to react well, he had relaxed. That made it all the more surprising when she suddenly threw her arms around the one who had given her the gifts. The black haired trainer's face showed the surprise at the impulsive hug for a moment, but smiled, as he gently returned it. "You're very welcome... I'm glad you liked them." He said, a tinge of red on his face as well. Ryan didn't seem to mind the feeling as much, however. His smile widened more, as he recalled the look she'd had upon opening the bracelet. "I figured that you might have enjoyed those..." While he tried to appear modest, he was secretly very happy that she had been so happy about the gifts.

OOC: And the RotR Valentine's Day Special continues~

"These are seriously the best gifts I've received in a very long time," Shannon said. Already she was fiddling with her Pokégear, trying to fit the Dunsparce keychain onto it. "They remind me so much of Selena and Sousa... and my home in Ecruteak... these are just perfect!" Try as she might, the girl couldn't keep her smile off her face. After a few moments of struggling she managed to get the keychain onto the Pokégear. She watched the miniature Dunsparce dangle from side to side, entranced by its simple beauty, then reached back to take Ryan's hand, giving it a heartfelt squeeze. "I can't thank you enough. Whenever I get better, I'll have to repay you somehow. A Tyranitar jacket or something."

Ryan smiled at the girl's happiness, and scratched his head sheepishly with his free hand. "You don't need to..." He said modestly, although the thought still made him smile more. "It's a very sweet thought, though." He chuckled, as an idea formed in his mind. "Maybe when you're better and my mission's over..." He paused for a moment, as he mulled it over in his head a little longer. "If there's time before summer break's over, maybe we could return to Ecruteak? It's been a while since I've been there too, so it could let us both catch up on things." The black haired trainer wasn't sure what she'd think of the idea, but he thought that it might help things with her in general.

The girl's eyes grew wide in amazement, and she clutched his hand desperately, as if letting go would mean the chance of a journey to her hometown would slip from her grasp. "Th-that..." Shannon stammered meekly. "What did I ever do to deserve such kindness?" she asked, half to herself. "A visit to Ecruteak... Ryan, these gifts are all wonderful, and I will cherish them always. So know meaning of my words when I say that a visit to Ecruteak would mean more to me than all these gifts combined. If you could do that for me..." Her eyes danced at the thought, and her smile was one of radiant, unbreakable joy. "I would be forever in your debt."

IC: Olivia Seaton

Olivia blinked and was nearly about to speak up when Anna went on her tangent, breathing a sigh of relief as the girl quickly caught herself. "Y-yeah, we're heading back. Probably to Olivine so I can visit my parents again." she explained. "Anyways, it was nice meeting you! You don't have to thank us for anything, we were just at the right place at the right time." the red-haired trainer said with a smile. She nodded towards Chloe's cousin to wish her good luck in the future. 

Amethyst released herself from her Pokeball, an action she rarely took, but felt the need to in this moment. "Yeah, glad to see you're doing well, Anna. I know my Mom'll be great for company, she probably needs you as much as you do her, really..." the Gardevoir said, looking over to Rakel. "Well... I'll be seeing you, Mom. Sorry I have to leave so soon after we just met up again, but hey, these things just seem to happen... Thanks for everything, still." 

Rakel walked over by Anna, looking back at her daughter. "Oh, don't worry! I understand, you've got other responsibilities to attend to. I'll be fine, I'm just a silly little Gardevoir who worries too much!" she replied, giggling. "Both me and Anna agree that your trainers are welcome to call or visit at any time from now on, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of each other from now on. But you'd best be going soon! Good luck, my daughter, I hope that Gallade takes good care of you from now on. See you all another time!" the older Gardevoir said, waving goodbye. 

"Well then, that's our cue." Olivia said, waving back before turning back to Chloe. "I guess we're off then. To Olivine?"

IC: Lachina Adaon

The Ranger turned to Payton and began to whisper. "Things aren't looking good. Mercury's been shot in the shoulder and David's... Not with us anymore." she explained, gripping her shoulder in frustration. "Gah, think Lachina, think! How do we defuse the situation?! There's only one way I can think of right now, but it could disturb Mercury and Belle just as much as the two gunmen in the room..." Lachina muttered, shaking her head. "If Aolani used Hyper Voice, it might give us an opportunity to get in and defuse things, but it could juts as easily backfire..."

Edited by Noriaki Kakyoin

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

The black haired trainer smiled back, happy that she seemed very much in happy spirits. "No need for a debt." Ryan said after a moment, as he chuckled softly. "I didn't want to help for that; I'm helping because it's right, and because it'll make you happy." He explained, as he glanced at her more. She had seemed so tired at first, but with each passing moment, she seemed more and more awake; much more like she had been before she had been hospitalized. It raised his own spirits just to see her like this.

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe nodded to Olivia, as she smiled kindly at her cousin and Amethyst's mom. "Right!" She said to Olivia with a nod, as they walked further down the hallway. Prior to getting ready to leave, Chloe had mentioned that it was a good idea to likely not wear the big coats and winter clothing when they were headed back to summer temperatures almost instantly once they teleported. The girl nodded to Am, who focused for a moment, as they vanished.

The wave of hot air still hit Chloe full on when they arrived back in Johto, appearing in the middle of the bustling city of Olivine. "Okay, I think I've missed the warmth." She admitted with an awkward smile, as she shuffled, wondering if she should have borrowed one of Olivia's tank-tops instead of her old t-shirt.

-==IC: Payton==-

Payton's fist clenched tightly as Lachina spoke. "Do it." She hissed, a cold look in her eyes. "On my count of three. One... Two..." She reached around to her back for something.

"Three."

Edited by Jotaro Kujo

IC: Evan Tierra

"Yep, he does!" Evan stated, striking one of his trademark poses. "I managed to befriend him, and while I try not to send him out in battle as often as my other pokemon, I can do so if he volunteers."

Evan held up the Luxury Ball that contained the Guardian of Fields, smiling confidently. "If we're gonna battle, we need to move it to someplace where Landorus can let loose." Evan said, a tone of caution in his voice. "My style of battling is very heavy on the collateral damage. Comes with the territory of being a Ground-Type user. So lead on!"

Edited by Hades

Ryan looked at his friend in concern. "When I was growing up in Fortree, I would often climb trees," he said. "Not only to pass the time, but sometimes just to get some quiet time. Fortree may be a city of treehouses, but it's still a city, and can get pretty noisy at times. Not as much up in the canopy, though." The Liberty agent smiled for a moment, his eyes growing distant as he reflected on the fond memories.

A trace of that smile remained on his lips when he looked back to Ray. "I'm not saying you should climb a tree, but maybe find a quiet little corner of the island to take a nap. The Pokémon Center's likely to be crowded, what with that whole Network Center thing they've got going. Go there and you'll get worse sleep than on the boat." Ryan put a hand on the Separatist's shoulder. "From one friend to another, you need sleep. And I've found just getting away from everything for a while is the best way to relax. Take Togie and Orihime with you; Togekiss make for fantastic pillows."

IC: Paul

"Well, I know the island about as well as you do," Paul said with a chuckle. Beckoning Evan to follow, the blacksmith ducked inside the Pokémon Network Center for a moment and grabbed a tourist map. "Let's see, looks like the most isolated point would be Mount Ember, on the far northern tip of the island." Paul glanced at Evan to see what he thought of the location. "My Skarmory could fly us over there if you want."

Shannon blushed, but try as she might she couldn't keep the smile off her face. Her eyes darted from the bracelet to the bookmark to the keychain to Ryan himself; she was scarcely able to take everything in. At long last the wave of happiness subsided and she was able to relax. "My only regret," she said with a sigh. "Is that Selena and Sousa aren't here to see this. Honestly, being isolated here wouldn't be half as bad if I had my Pokémon with me. But the nurse wants to keep the area clean from contaminants; can't be getting fur in my wounds, after all." Shannon rested her head down on the pillow and fingered the bracelet with a sad smile. "At least with these gifts, it feels like they're with me in spirit."

Ray nodded slightly, as he thought about that. "I might just do that." He said with a chuckle, as he yawned again. "Better than nothing, even if it's just a short nap." The Separatist set his alarm for a couple hours later, as he thought over where to go. "Will meet back here later, though. Not about to take off on you." He smiled, hoping that his secret worries about that were for nothing.

Ryan thought that over for a little bit, as a mischievous smile crept onto his face, a plan forming in his head. "Hmm... I might have an idea." His eyes glinted with mischief, as he began to form a plan. "Do you mind much if I go do something for a little bit? I'll be back, I just... have an idea." His cryptic and mischievous smile gave no hint on what he was planning, but Ryan knew that it would be something she would really like.

Shannon bit her lip as she squeezed Ryan's hand. She looked hesitant to let him go, despite his promises to return. Perhaps the cryptic smile put her on edge, for fear he was going to prank or tease her. Perhaps she didn't trust herself to be awake when he came back. Either way, it was only with great coaxing that she finally agreed to let him go off on whatever errand he had in mind.

"Don't take too long," she warned. "Otherwise, I'll call you on your Pokégear and we'll have a long talk about abandoning girls on their hospital beds." For a moment Shannon managed to maintain a stern look. Then she broke into a teasing grin. "See you soon!"

Ryan chuckled with a smile, as he nodded, and stood up. He began to walk to the door, but turned back for a moment, and smiled back again, before finally walking out of the room. He was starting to make his way down the hall, when a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"You two are amusing." Stacy said with a smile of her own. She quietly chuckled to herself as Ryan looked at her speechlessly. "Don't worry, I didn't spy on you two. Though, from the look on your face just now, you have some sort of plan, and aren't just leaving. Fill me in." She sternly looked at him a bit, but as the man explained his idea, the aunt nodded, thinking to herself for a moment. "Yes, I think this might work... I'll help out too. They're this way, let's go." The woman led Ryan through the hallways, until they entered what looked to be a room like a Pokemon Center.

Ryan walked into the room, and began to look around. Most of the room was empty, but looked as if to be like a luxurious resting place for Pokemon. The room itself was rather spacious, and it looked like the Pokemon were able to run around and play easily. Right now, however, was rest time. It was likely not the greatest plan for the Pokemon to be freely able to move around, even when not watched; but it was better than most alternatives. Ryan looked over, as he noticed the Furret and Dunsparce in one of the corners. They were next to each other, as if cuddling to keep themselves safe from possible loneliness.

IC: Selena/Sousa

The Furret and Dunsparce had never been away from Shannon for so long. The pair had watched helpless from their Pokéballs as their trainer was battered and bruised within an inch of her life. They had watched as Shannon was placed on a hospital bed, tubes and needles put into her arms, and as the doctors worked furiously to remove the stone shrapnel from her wounds.

That was when they had been taken. The nurse explained that Shannon needed to rest. Mrs. Stacy had come to let the Pokémon out of their Pokéballs, showing them a room in which they could stay until their trainer was healed. It was a rather spacious room, where both Selena and Sousa would be able to run around to their hearts' content; and then they tired, soft pillows and cushions lay in a corner. Naturally, Selena's first response had been to Hyper Voice Mrs. Stacy out of the way and make a beeline for Shannon.

She didn't get very far. The mansion was unfamiliar to her, and it didn't take long for the maids to catch the writhing Furret in a loose but sturdy net. She was deposited back in the room that was to be her prison for the next several days, and Mrs. Stacy once again calmly explained that Shannon needed time to heal. She assured the pair that their trainer was on the road to recovery, and it wouldn't be long before they were reunited.

Each day stretched longer than the last, and it was only by Sousa helpfully leaning his weight against her fur -- the closest the Dunsparce could manage to a hug -- that Selena was able to make it through the week without going crazy. Indeed, she quickly realized that Sousa needed her comfort as much as she needed his. The pair became inseparable, for in the absence of Shannon they only had each other. They were well fed, and Selena had to admit that in happier times she would have loved frolicking among the soft pillows and cushions that littered the floor. However, these luxuries seemed meager in comparison to Shannon. The pair yearned for nothing more than to be in the arms of their trainer once more. Their appetites had started to wane, and they spent most of their time huddled together in a corner, refusing to budge.

And so it was that as Ryan Hikari entered into the room, his footsteps roused the sleeping Furret. Selena opened her eyes drowsily. She took one glance at the man before her and turned away uninterested. Then she did a double take. There was no mistaking it. This was the man who had put Shannon in the hospital. He was the reason she and Sousa had been kept away from Shannon for so long. Suddenly awake, the Furret's eyes narrowed as she bared her fangs. Without giving the man a chance to speak, Selena leapt onto his chest and began scratching and clawing and biting with a fury borne of far too many sleepless and lonely nights. This man had dared to harm Shannon, and now Selena would see that he was paid in kind.

-==IC: Ryan/Stacy==-

Ryan seemed surprised. One moment he had been walking toward the two Pokemon, the next, a rather annoyed Furret was slashing out at him. He raised his arms to shield himself, too speechless to react otherwise, as he simply tried to prevent himself from getting torn to shreds. He noticed, however, tears in the Furret's eyes.

"Selena!" Stacy scolded the Furret, as she grabbed her by the scruff of the neck, holding the wriggling Furret in one hand. "What is the matter with you? Is that any way for you to behave?" She frowned, as she had not expected this sort of reaction. "Calm down for a moment."

Selena had put up with days on end of the best luxuries Stacy's mansion had to offer, all with a distinct and painful lack of Shannon. She refused to calm down. Desperately trying to twist herself free of Stacy's grip, Selena unleashed a Hyper Voice in the general direction of Ryan.

Selena's outburst had shocked Sousa out of his sleep. He had been scolded by the Furret enough times to know he did not want to be on the receiving end of her wrath. Meek as a Magikarp, Sousa silently slinked backward into the pile of pillows that lay in the corner. Until the battle was over and everyone had calmed down, he preferred to remain out of sight.

Ryan was flung back to the wall with a wince. He felt like he might have bruised something, at the least, in the blow. He somehow remained standing, and looked over at Selena with a sad look on his face. However, a soft rustling of pillows caught his attention, and he quietly walked over to the pillows, and knelt down beside them, but far enough away. "It's okay... I'm not here to hurt you..." He gently extended his hand, so Sousa could choose his own moment to come close, and simply waited.

"Selena, that is enough." Stacy said sharply. "I can understand why you are acting like this, but you need to learn sense. Are you not going to behave? If you could calm down long enough, maybe you could listen to why we're here in the first place. And how you're scaring Sousa like this." The aunt was trying to be as gentle as she could be, but Selena's resistance was making that rather hard.

Upon seeing Ryan approach Sousa's hiding place, Selena redoubled her efforts to squirm free, squeaking in a cry of anguish. However, she didn't dare fire another Hyper Voice, for fear of catching Sousa in the blow.

Sousa remained cowered in the corner, eyes fixated on Ryan. Selena had tried to attack him, so he must be bad. And yet, while the black-haired trainer could have torn the mountain of pillows asunder to try and grab the Dunsparce, he instead waited patiently. Dim recognition shimmered in Sousa's mind. Although he had not interacted with him much, he knew this trainer. And despite Selena's protests, he knew the trainer to be a friend of Shannon's. Slowly but surely, the Dunsparce inched out of his abode. He sniffed at Ryan's hand; then, when the trainer made no move to harm him, Sousa nuzzled against him. If Shannon couldn't be with them, then this trainer might as well be the next best thing.

It was Sousa's cuddle that finally snapped Selena out of her rage. She hung limply from Stacy's hand, staring at the Dunsparce in shock. Although the Furret still held a bitter resentment toward the trainer that had almost killed Shannon, she had to admit that he seemed nice enough. Nice enough to gain Sousa's trust, which was saying something.

Ryan smiled, and pet the Dunparce's head with his other hand, and scratched under his chin. "It's alright." He said, as he looked over to Selena. "If I hadn't gotten jumped like that... I would've said I had good news." He kept looking at the Furret, trying to show with his expression that he was being true.

Selena perked up her ears at Ryan's words. Seeing the Furret had finally calmed down, Stacy cautiously set her back on the ground. Selena scampered over to Ryan, but stopped short several paces away, sat up on her hind legs, and cocked her head. She was still wary of the trainer and wanted to keep a safe distance, but the mention of good news at struck at her curiosity.

Ryan smiled at Selena, and held out a hand to her as well, trying to show that he was trustworthy, and wouldn't hurt them, before actually explaining. He could tell she was still upset, but wanted to help with that before having things probably turn around to the other extreme.

The Furret recoiled at the hand, and peered at it with a hesitant caution. A familiar croon reached her ears; in times past it was often she who tried to encourage Sousa, so it was strange now to hear the Dunsparce doing his best to reassure her. Selena hesitated a moment longer. Then, slowly, she crept forward and tentatively pressed herself against the hand.

Ryan smiled, as he gently rubbed Selena under the chin. If he had hard feelings about the Furret attacking him, he definitely wasn't making it obvious at all. "You want to see Shannon, right? Well... I came to bring you to her, since she seems to be well enough to see you now." He smiled, but chuckled. "Just, don't jump on her. She can snuggle, but I doubt she could handle any real force right yet."

Selena's mouth dropped open. She stared at Ryan for a moment, as if wondering if she truly dared to believe his words. Then she leapt at Ryan once more; but instead of clawing at him, she scampered about trying to hug every inch of the black-haired man, all the while chattering incessantly. She couldn't contain her joy. Sousa chose a much calmer approach, merely redoubling his nuzzles. The gleam in the Dunsparce's eyes however was enough to cast away any doubt that he was not as excited as Selena.

Ryan smiled, as he hugged the Furret back with one hand, petting the DUnparce with his other. "... I'm really sorry for what happened, too..." He sighed, as his face turned to one of regret for a moment. However, it soon cleared up, as he smiled again. "Shall we, then?"

Through some great effort Selena managed to stop scurrying around Ryan's body and sat herself down in his arms. Her little face wore a huge smile and it was all she could do to stop herself from taking off through the mansion on her own. Sousa reached up toward Ryan's other arm, asking the trainer to pick him up as well.

Ryan chuckled at the Furret's current mood, and how much it had shifted, and picked the two up in his arms. "I think Shannon will be just as overjoyed to see you." He said, as he began to head back to her room.

IC: Xander Cruize/Sylph/Aspen Seaton/Dahlia Seaton

The Kalos trainer looked around the group, sighing as they all parted ways. Sylph shrugged, a bit perturbed at getting no response. Perhaps we can see if Aspen wishes to join us in training the younger pokémon.

Xander nodded. "Yeah, sounds good. Where is he, do you think?"

Aspen walked down from the ship with Dahlia not far behind, looking around the city. "This place looks pretty cool. Not really sure what there is to do though, but I guess I'll figure something out." he said, stretching and yawning.

"Most of the other people seem to have some plans... Except for Xander and his Gardevoir. They seem to just be standing around." Dahlia pointed out. "Hmm, wanna give them a shout?" 

"Why not? They're good people." the youngest Seaton said, walking up to Xander with a wave. "Yo, good morning. How're you two doing today?"

The duo in question turned as they heard Aspen approach. Xander smiled. "Aspen, just who I was looking for. You got any plans while the ship resupplies and the others go goof off?"

Sylph bowed to the Seatons, smiling. We were going to go train nearby and wondered if you would accompany us, if you're not busy with other matters.

"Hmm, there's an idea. I was thinking I probably should train my Pokemon soon not long ago..." Aspen replied. The trainer nodded, shrugging. "Why the heck not then? I don't really have any other idea of what to be doing on this place." 

"Alright, I'll be supervising you two, if that's alright!" Dahlia asked. "I might be off to the side honing my Reverse powers too, then. I would ask Evan for help, but he seems busy at this moment..."

"So do you have any ideas for a field to practice on?" he asked Xander. "Still pretty unfamiliar with this area, so hopefully they got a plot of land set aside for trainer and such..."

"I don't really see a place. We could go to the beach, maybe? If anything happens there, it won't put anyone at risk." Xander smiled. "Or we can track down an official and ask them."

"Beach it is." Aspen decided. "Who do you wanna train against? I, uh, doubt Sylph needs the training and such." he noted, rubbing the back of his head. "I got a pretty large team, all things considered, and most of 'em could use the extra oomph. Flare, Meadow, Torrent, Jet... Though uh, probably not Aria, or maybe? Saya... I dunno."

"We can figure that out on the way there. Let's go." Dahlia said, walking in the direction of the beach. "We'll have to find an area of the beach that doesn't have too many people, so we might have to walk a while... Just as a warning." the gardener explained, looking around the city as she spoke.

Xander followed the Seatons, smiling. "Sylph doesn't need the training, no. Ellen and Vixen both do. Neither of them have been in a battle yet, and they still don't know their limits. I'm going to take your advice and just have htem use simple moves on non-combative targets to start with."

Sylph nodded, smiling. Meanwhile, I'll be mentally teaching him to utilize his own abilities. MIss Dahlia, perhaps you would like to link up? I could see what parts of your brain activate when using key abilities of your power, if any.

"...Huh?" Dahlia muttered in response to Sylph's question, it seeming to fly over her head. "You can do that? Oh... Well sure then!" she said, chuckling awkwardly. "Maybe it'll help me? It sounds useful at least."

Aspen nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I think a few of my Pokemon would be willing to help with that. Both Ellen and Vixen? This'll be interesting." he said, smiling lightly. "Cute little fluffballs..."

Xander smiled as they started walking towards the beach. "Yeah, they want to get to the point where I can use them in battle. They wer eboth really happy after spending the night with you and meeting your team."

Sylph nodded to Dahlia. It's how I helped Xander tap into his abilities. It's not the most comfortable sensation in the world, but you will grow used to it. She looked over as Xander released the two fox pokémon.

"Vixen, especially, was happy to have met your Quilava. Gave her something to look forward to." The Fennekin barked from Xander's shoulder, greeting Aspen enthusiastically.

Aspen beamed when Vixen and Ellen appeared and waved back at the former. "It's no problem! Flare was happy to meet Vixen too, and the others just enjoyed their company that night." he said, extending an arm to affectionately pet the Fennekin, and the Eevee afterwards. "I'm sure they'd love to train Vixen and Ellen again. And I'm just happy to see their cute faces right now!" the youngest Seaton said with a grin on his face, continuing to fawn over the two foxes.

"Oh, really now?" Dahlia asked, rubbing the back of her head. "In that case, did you figure out why the door got broken the other day? I've been meaning to check up on that..." she admitted, chuckling nervously.

Vixen and Ellen both accepted the pets happily. Xander continued to grin as they stepped onto the sand. "I think we're all going to have fun today." His smile didn't even falter as Dahlia asked about the door.

Sylph giggled, putting her hand over her mouth. That was us trying to move forward to quickly. I did not properly guide Xander's experiments, and he lost control of the telekinesis I was attempting to show him. He's done much better as of late, and we'll actually be working on that today, if we can find some objects to move around.

Xander nodded. "On the plus side, I know what to do if I want to really mess something up." For a brief moment, he had the morbid thought of what would happen to a person if he plucked a string attached to them. He shook his head to banish the thought, and reached down to kick off his shoes.

"Well at least things didn't escalate too far." Dahlia said with a smile. "Hopefully things can go alright for you! You already seem to have a regimen in place from the looks of it, which is infinitely better than me so far." she noted with an awkward chuckle, walking off to the side. The gardener scratched the back of her head, wondering how to experiment with her powers...

Aspen elected not to remove his shoes at the moment, and instead grabbed three of his Pokeballs.  Flare, Torrent, and Meadow were released, looking around to see Xander and his Pokemon. Flare barked an enthusiastic greeting to the younger Pokemon, while the other two looked at Aspen, wondering what was happening.

"Vixen and Ellen want to be good enough for use in battle. Do you three mind guiding them through the creation of moves and formation of strategies and such?" the youngest Seaton asked to his Pokemon. One by one, all three of them nodded their heads, with Flare and Meadow giving kind smiles. Torrent grinned and began to boast of his abilities, going on and on about how he would be the best teacher ever, leaving Flare and Meadow to knowingly sigh at his attitude.

Xander chuckled as the Buizel went on. Vixen was completely enraptured by the larger pokémon, especially Flare, Ellen sat, listening to Torrent's spiel patiently.

Sylph focused for a second, easily sliding into Xander's mind. She then reached out for Dahlia, slowly pushing her way into the girl's thought. I will try not to find anything you don't wish known, but I cannot make guarantees. She would not tell the girl not to think about those secrets, as that would then become the only things she could think.

Xander nodded. "Alright, let's go ahead and get started, then."

Dahlia blinked at Sylph's words, and nodded slowly. "O-okay, I think I can do that..." she replied, staring intently at the blue waves ahead. She did not think of anything else but the azure waters crashing onto the shore, not thinking of even when Sylph would make her way through her mind completely. Dahlia slowly forgot what she was even focusing on the ocean for, and stared unblinking at the crashing waters.

Aspen nodded, turning to his Pokemon. "You got this. Why don't you go first, Flare? Give Vixen a display of what she could become." he chuckled, looking over at the bragging Buizel. "Uh, might wanna get him quiet first, though."

Flare prodded Torrent to let the Buizel know they should start training, the latter begrudgingly going silent. Then the Quilava turned to Vixen and Ellen and told them to watch intently. The fires on his head and tail flared up while he described how he focused on the heat surging through his body, and channeled the energy through his core out of his body. Then Flare let loose an Eruption, sending a pillar of fire upwards into the air, which he quickly aimed into the nearby ocean waters. He turned back at the two younger Pokemon, and barked for them to give it a try.

IC: Mercury and Anubis/Belle LaDonna, Hemlock, Cyanide

As the two were preparing to square off with the women, a loud screeching sound filled the air. Hands clapped instinctively to ears. Belle winced, staggering towards the wall. Mercury and Anubis didn't take a second to adjust before rushing forward. Anubis jumped at the Exeggutor and released another aura sphere, this one burning like fire. Mercury lunged for the woman with the guns, attempting to wrestle the weapons from her hands.

Belle cursed and shouted commands. Hemlock lashed out at the Coconut Pokémon with a Dragon Tail, and Cyanide launched a Bullet Punch at the woman that Mercury wasn't grappling with. The silver-haired trainer had wrapped his aura around his hands in an effort to make her drop the guns.

Edited by A Conversation

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Payton/???==-

Payton ran into the room. An Arcanine made her withdraw with a flinch for a moment, as the quiet woman had sent it out to block the Bullet Punch. The Arcanine attempted to knock Mercury away quickly, as it rammed into the aura wielder. The quiet girl held yet another Pokeball in her hand, a blank look of determination on her face. "Run." The girl said to her companion, who eyed Mercury and co with her guns in her hands. However, as Payton ran back in and immediately dropped into a fighting position with her knife, the gunslinger and Payton both froze, as they looked at each other.

"... Sis...?" Payton stared in surprise at the gunslinger. The quiet girl again urged the gunslinger to leave, more forcefully this time, and as the Exeggcutor and Arcanine covered her, the gunslinger quickly made her escape, a stunned look on her face all the while. Payton grit her teeth, and ran toward the quiet girl, fighting back against the attempts of the Exeggcutor to throw her back.

IC: Evan Tierra

"Mt. Ember, you say?" Evan replied, sounding quite excited as he struck one of his poses. "Sounds like my kind of place! Hopefully I'll be able to show you what a real fight with me is like! Let's take flight!"

"Yes, let's take flight!" Landorus' voice rumbled. "I haven't exactly let loose in any of my battles, and I wish to see what lies within you, Paul Burks....."

IC: Mercury and Anubis/Belle LaDonna

The Aura wielder staggered as the Arcanine rammed into him. Fury shot through his body as he squared off with the beast. How dare this mongrel come between him and his target? He would-- He would rip its throat out!

Aura swirled around his hands as he lunged for the fire-type. His body may suffer from fighting it like this, but he was beyond caring. Getting shot tended to do that to a person.

Belle watched as the Arcanine blocked Cyanide's Bullet Punch. The Metang attempted to circle around the Legendary Pokémon to get at the woman who'd summoned it. Hemlock, meanwhile was still attacking the Exeggutor, lashing out with Dragon- and Iron Tail attacks. The tiles of the floor and ceiling were being ripped apart as she pressed on furiously.

Anubis was attacking the Coconut Pokémon from another side. His fighting-type attacks weren't effective against the psychic type, but he was making up for that with volume. Power-Up Punch made him stronger with every blow, as well, adding to the damage he dealt.

The sooner these two opponents were down, the sooner they could apprehend the women who had shot his friend.

IC: Paul

"Alright!" Paul flashed his boyish grin again as the pair exited the Pokémon Network Center. "Come on out, Scar!" The Skarmory appeared in a brilliant flash of light and gave Evan a steely-eyed look, as if he were sizing up the trainer. Paul wasted no time scooping Terry up in his arms and hopping onto Scar's back. "Need a lift?" he asked Evan. "Or were you planning to fly on Landorus?"

Ryan had left her. This thought weighed more heavily on Shannon than even her confinement to the hospital bed. She had been given a taste of the interaction she so craved, and it had been taken away. When Ryan had been by her side, Shannon dared not fall asleep for fear he might be gone when she awoke. Now she dared not sleep for fear he'd return while she slept and decide to just leave her in peace.

And yet, her constant fighting of the rest her body so desperately needed was taking its toll on her. She had a splitting headache, and her mind was becoming wrought with anxiety. Her coughing had grown worse and it was all she could do to keep from closing her eyes and giving into her body's demands.

Shannon started as the door opened. She greeted Ryan with a warm smile, one that turned into a gasp of utter astonishment as what appeared to be a brown and white blur hurled itself at her. She cried out in shock as a familiar squeaking reached her ears. Selena was scurrying around all over the bed, unable to contain her excitement. Had the Furret's pounce not knocked the wind out of her chest, Shannon would have called out the Furret's name. Given that she could manage no more than a hoarse gasp, the girl instead tried to scoop up the wriggling Furret in her arms. Selena snuggled against her with as much affection as she could muster -- an affection borne from days in isolation, which Shannon herself reciprocated with an equally loving embrace.

Ryan came to stand by the bed, Sousa comfortably resting in his arms and waiting his turn. As well as she was able to with Selena drowning her in love, Shannon looked over at the pair with a gleeful laugh. "H-how did you-?" She giggled as Selena's antics unintentionally tickled her, although her laughs soon turned to coughs. "How did you convince Sousa to let you carry him?" she asked once she had recovered. "Normally he'd be quaking in fear in the presence of anyone other than me or Selena. He seems to really like you, though."