Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Xander Cruize

He wasn't entirely sure who the woman in the room was, but Evan and Jenny both seemed to recognize her -- and both seemed to have a score to settle, here. Giving quick nods to the two, Xander and Sylph started making their way for the opposite door, edging around the room so they didn't need to pass the woman directly. Sylph still had Psychic readied in case opposition suddenly appeared, but it would be best to leave the two Plasma agents to this.

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Ryan/Dack/Paul/Jayron

Ryan's eyes met Evan's, and he knew the Hero of Space intended to stay here to hold off the Second Child while the others went on ahead. Xander and Sylph were already trying to make their escape, with Paul following close behind. Ryan knew he should join them.

And yet, seeing Hayes again had stirred something within Ryan. His mind's eye flashed back to Coeur Tower and, more recently, Fortree. A hand clenched. He was once again taken aback by how similar and yet different Sophia Baron was from her sister. Steeling himself, Ryan chose not to skirt around the perimeter of the chamber but instead stepped forward, looking directly at the woman in the middle of the room. "Where's Sonja?" he demanded. "And don't give me that ###### about her actually volunteering for this -- you kidnapped her and Ellen in Castelia, and now you've kidnapped them again. Whatever it is that Ford has planned, it ends now!"

Paul stopped short at Ryan's words. This was the Ford agent who had kidnapped Ellen in Castelia? He looked to the moving images on the walls and suddenly saw his own daughter staring back at him, bound by ropes of energy. Ellen had never looked more scared in her life. The sight made Paul freeze, his heart caught in his throat. What had they done to her? He wanted to speak out against the woman in the middle of the room. But he couldn't take his eyes off his daughter.

Jayron's eyes narrowed at the spike in Sanders' emotions. While he saw the potential benefit of questioning Hayes, there was a pretty high chance that Agent Baron and the others were further on, in another chamber. If the main goal was rescue, it made more sense to move past Hayes as quickly as possible. They couldn't afford to let everyone take out their personal grudges on each Ford agent they came across. As Jayron started to move toward those already making their way for the exit, he kept a wary eye on Sanders' aura.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Jenny==-

"Ryan, stop." The tone in her voice was sharp, yet calm. "Remember what happened last time? There's a time and a place." Jenny turned her head slightly to the easily-angered man. "Don't let this be a repeat of last time for you, focus." The girl looked back after that, but with a darker frown on her face. She recalled what had happened the last time they had encountered Hayes, and how Ryan had acted, and she did not particularly want anything similar to happen here. "If you let her get to you, she wins - don't let it distract you."

Edited by Destined Blade

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan looked at Ryan, remembering what happened in Fortree City. He knew why Ryan would act the way he did, but it was still not all right. The Hero of Space looked at Ryan Sanders, his look fierce and determined. "You've got better things to do with your anger, than get angry at Hayes." Evan said, his tone firm, but gentle. "Leave her up to Jenny and I. Go on ahead and find Ellen. We'll catch up with you later, huh?"

He faced Hayes again, and then added in a lighthearted and confident tone. "If we make it through this, I'll pay for dinner for all of us, huh? So go on, Fearless leader! We've got this."

IC - Madison Hayes/Sleight/Eileen Alaric/Jackson Sang/Bounty/Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner/Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/All - The Chamber of Promise:

Hayes idly watched the group skirting by her through all of Ryan's questioning. She looked back at him, scanning the mind surfaces of the group that had remained--Ryan, Evan, Kyle, the remnants of the group form Coeur Tower; Paul, father of the Ninth Child; Jenny, one of the Fortree combatants; and Esen, perhaps the one person whom Hayes knew nothing about. 

"Sonja is here," Hayes said at last. "Performing the duties that she volunteered for, just as the rest of us have. Volunteering just as you are in your efforts to 'rescue' her." She locked eyes with Ryan, her gaze narrowing. "I'd think twice before questioning her intentions--from what I gather, you're on thin ice already. My sister won't appreciate that in the slightest." She looked at five of the six before her in turn, ending with Kyle. "Or do your grudges blind you to the truth? I know what I've done to you all; I know that you hate me. Perhaps it is pointless for me to expect you to believe a word I have to say . . ."

Kyle's fist tightened.

Esen placed a hand on his shoulder. "Kyle, come on," she whispered. "Let Evan and Jenny handle this."

Even if he wanted to move, Kyle found that he couldn't. With his gaze matching Hayes's, he found himself transported back to Castelia--flung about by psychic power that ripped through his bones and mind, then trapped behind a wall of protective energy and forced to behold the explosion that enveloped Suicune--that would have enveloped them all were it not for her sacrifice. And all through it, the thought that haunted him the most--that, weakened by her own arrogance and overexertion, she had been within their grasp, so close that they could have ended her life and any future misery that she would think sow right then and there.

But she had escaped, anyway, lived to fight again and again.

Hayes shook her head. "You should have killed me when you had the chance."

And there it was. He remembered the burning desire to hurt and maim. He remembered the dream in Kalos, the hallucination, the all-too-real sensation of his hands closing around her neck, squeezing the life out of her in revenge--not just for what she had done to Suicune and himself, but what she had done to the others, and all of Unova with her actions in Castelia. And he remembered the feelings of disgust, the sense of hollowness that had come with the action.

No.

He relaxed his grip, letting out a deep breath. Esen's hand slipped off of his shoulder as he stepped forward.

"I hate you, Hayes," he said at last. "I will always hate you. But I can't kill you, and I won't fight you. I won't. You made nothing better, and nothing worse. You aggravated a situation already on the brink. And in the end, who got hurt? You and me both. There was no exclusion--we both lost something. But there was a difference: I could get back what I lost. You can't. And you will have to live with that for the rest of your life. You changed nothing that was not already in motion. I just want to forget it. I want to block it out and remove it from myself. But I can't forget. It--you--will always come back--that's what these things do. All I can do is let you go." He clipped Jaeda's Poké Ball back to his belt, looking at the others. "It's up to you if you want to stay. But Ellen, Sonja, and Ray are further ahead, and so is Ford. Just keep that in mind."

As Esen began to move forward, Kyle moved across the room, stopping just in front of the Second Child. The look in her eyes could have been anything--fury, graciousness, apathy. Whatever it was, she remained silent, matching his look again--a mutual understanding between them.

"Good-bye, Hayes."

He walked through her projection, joining Esen and the rest of the group in the tunnel on the other side.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Ryan

Ryan hesitated. He knew what Evan and Jenny were thinking. They thought he was about to let his anger get the better of him. That this was fixing to be a repeat of Fortree.

Of Gluttony.

Ryan took a deep breath, but remained rooted to the ground. Evan had been trying to lighten the mood by calling him fearless leader, but those words stung the hardest. He was letting his emotions cloud his judgement, doing everything a leader shouldn't do. Most everyone else had already left for the next room. Paul had looked ready to question Hayes about Ellen but the blacksmith had evidently decided it wasn't worth the time. Now only Evan and Jenny remained, with Togie and Orihime hovering anxiously above, waiting for Ryan to make a decision.

"You're not the reason I'm here," he said, looking squarely at Hayes. "You're right; I don't believe a word you have to say. I can't trust you to speak for your sister. So I'll just have to talk it through with her myself." He slowly walked across the chamber, his eyes trained on Hayes until he passed her by. The pair of Togekiss took the cue and hovered over his shoulders.

When Ryan reached the next tunnel, he turned back and locked eyes with Evan. The corner of his mouth curved into a small grin. "Give her an extra beating for me, will ya?"

With that he turned and walked down the tunnel, hoping to catch up with the rest of the group. But something Hayes had said still troubled him. McKinley had brought it up as well, and he had chosen to ignore it. But he was quickly realizing that he would soon have to come to terms with a harsh reality: if Sonja, Ray, and Ellen really had volunteered for this task, how could he convince them that they needed to be rescued? He could already see the fractures in the thin ice Hayes had alluded to, and he had a bad feeling he was about to be submerged in the bitter cold of strife.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Madison Hayes - The Chamber of Promise:

Hayes watched, silent, as Ryan and Paul disappeared into the tunnel. When they did, she looked back at Evan and Jenny, a solemn look in her eye. The Second Child sighed.

"I know how you are, Tierra," she said at length, her words bouncing against the walls as they lit up with the impending thunder strikes that would accompany her Pokémon. "I implore you not to treat this like a game. Boastfulness and showmanship will get you nowhere here."

She vanished thereafter, her words punctuated by the appearance of her team--Wigglytuff, Kricketune, Bronzong, Chimecho, Jynx, and Exploud. All shifted their stances, ready for a battle . . .

IC - The Chamber of Isolation:

Down the rabbit hole again, further and further. Nine Children plus Ford--ten rooms in total and they were about to reach number three. That meant that Quincy Adams was coming up.

Ethan pushed his way to the front of the group, already pulling Céris's and Suya's Poké Balls off of his belt. Of the people present, the only ones he knew for a fact to hold any sort of issue with the Third Child were himself, Gavin, and Jamie. Best not to prolong the inevitable, then--the sooner they got her team distracted and out of the way, the quicker everyone else could move on.

Inwardly, he just hoped that he and his partner would be able to keep her down on their own. He couldn't help but recall that the last time they had fought, with Joker beside them, they had barely been able to take down half of her team, let alone all six.

He took a deep breath, taking the first step into the next chamber.

It was exactly like the last two, once again different only in color and--as he was beginning to figure out--the memories displayed in the room. The Third Child was already present, as was her team; they stood in the center of the room, lined up from end to end, forming a total barrier through it--Sudowoodo, Banette, Beheeyem, Gothitelle, Mismagius, and Abomasnow. The cold, emotionless look on Quincy Adams's face contrasted with the overall peaceful sage that emanated from the walls.

Looking at the memories, however, it was obvious where her anger came from--almost all of them depicted her defeats, in the forest dimension, against a Mewtwo, in Goldenrod, in Havoc . . . The only one that didn't was a blurry memory of Quincy sitting in a hospital room, a flat-lined heart monitor by the motionless old lady lying in front of her, her grief interrupted by a hand on her shoulder . . .

"L-Look at my face, Worth, n-not my memories," her projection snapped. Ethan tore his eyes off of the images, meeting her gaze. "You've interfer-red again. I won't let you g-go this time."

Ethan sent out his two Pokémon, adding Tox to the mix for good measure. He turned his head slightly toward the gathering group behind him. "I've got this one."

"Want some help?" Gavin offered, pulling out his own Poké Balls.

"I think I'd prefer you to go ahead, Gav," Ethan said. "Someone less angry than Jamie is going to need to talk to Skye. Make sure she's okay."

"No one is getting through me," Adams growled.

"If you don't let them, I'll make you," Ethan replied. "They've all got scores to settle, too, Quincy, just like you and I do." Though Adams did not reply, her team also did not move to cover the openings between each Pokémon. The Rocket Agent raised a hand, flicking a finger forward. "Get going, y'all, before she changes her mind."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I implore you not to treat this like a game. Boastfulness and showmanship will get you nowhere here.

Like it or not, Hayes was right. Despite the fact that it's helped fire up those around him, playing the "Hero" was not going to help here. Evan had dealt with Hayes three times before, and he was going to make this the last time. No more playing games. He drew out Vlad's Poke Ball, and kicked it, summoning the Gliscor in a fount of light, the Fang Scorp also feeling how serious the situation was. No more theatrics. Out came Monstro, who growled at his opponents, recognizing the Jynx from the last battle. As he thought of what orders to give out to his pokemon, Evan felt like he did back in Unova.

Like that time, he wasn't playing the Hero. Like then, he was going to be the Hero. Afterwards, there would be time to be theatrical.

"Vlad, start off with Tailwind!" Evan shouted, pointing forward. "Monstro, Wide Guard!" At his command, Gliscor swooped up, down and all around to conjure up a fierce gale, while Monstro rose a barrier of gleaming light to provide cover for Vlad and whoever Jenny sent out....

Edited by Hades

IC: Xander Cruize

Xander walked quietly through the third room, not even sparing a second glance once the projection and her pokémon let him through. He reached for Sylph's hand, squeezing it. They both knew what was coming next. Xander focused himself, calmed his mind. What he wanted to do and what he would need to do were two separate things. He just wondered who would be staying to help him.

IC: Jared Winter

"Styx, follow up!" The Absol lunged forward, its dark aura forming into a sort of bludgeon as it Rushed forward. Anubis hopped back from the Porgyon-Z and unleashed an Aura Sphere while keeping his senses out for other opponents trying to sneak in a hit.

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Jenny watched carefully as the Pokemon appeared. She wondered why there were projections instead, but shook her head, as she clenched her fist, knowing she couldn't afford to think about that now. "Let's do this." She sent out her Gyarados and Lurelite, and held her hand forward toward the enemy Pokemon. "Dragon Dance, Heat Wave!" The Gyarados spun around in a draconic sort of movement in preparation for the rest of the fight, as the Chandelure prepared some flames, which she launched off toward her opponents quickly.

The girl watched the battlefield quickly, as she gazed around, watching for any sign of a gap in the formation that she could use to her advantage. This would not end the same way it had the last time.

-==IC: Ryan==-

"I'm staying too, Ethan." The calm voice that came from Ryan Hikari was a startling contrast to the piercing glare that he was giving the projection of Quincy Adams at that precise moment. He left the words unsaid, but the tension in the air could be sensed, as he quickly unclipped the Pokeballs for his Tyranitar and Porygon-Z with his good hand, ready to send them out the moment that the fighting became inevitable. "I want to help further on, but... I can't just let you fight her alone." The black haired man's body language shifted ever so subtly to indicate he was ready to fight, as he moved his gaze to the other man for the moment, to confirm that this was alright.

IC: Ryan/Dack/Paul/Jayron

Dack looked from Ethan to Gavin and back again. "I can back you up if you need me," he told the former. "Unless you'd rather I help Gavin." He looked to the battlefield, already judging the potential matchups. His eyes lingered on the Abomasnow, the one Pokémon of the bunch he had the most experience with. He reached for his Luxray's Pokéball and glanced back at Ethan for confirmation.

Ryan had arrived in the chamber just in time to hear Ethan tell everyone else to get going. Without missing a stride, Ryan kept walking. After the extra time in Hayes' room, he was eager to get past the Third Child and on to the more familiar Fourth. He made to pass between the Gothitelle and the Mismagius, the grim fire in his eyes daring the Ford Agent's Pokémon to try and stop him or the pair of Togekiss that tailed him.

Jayron hid his surprise at seeing his fellow Liberty agent; he had thought Sanders was staying behind to fight (or argue with) Hayes. Nevertheless, he motioned for the others to follow suit. Paul needed no prompting; he and Terry quickly fell in line behind Ryan, Togie, and Orihime in the procession across the room. The blacksmith moved a hand to his Bisharp's Pokéball, ready to act should they meet any resistance.

IC: Jamie/Richard

Jamie and Richard ran past both Hayes without much incident. Neither of them had any particular past with Hayes and knew that the Hero of Space could handle his own. Then in the next chamber, Quincy Adams showed up. Jamie had some history chasing her, but nothing matching Ethan's personal story with her. Anything that Jamie felt was easily matched by Gavin and many times exceeded by Ethan. And she had to find Skye.

Besides, Jamie wasn't angry. She was righteously infuriated.

Still, leaving friends behind wasn't hero at all. She looked back and forth, incredibly conflicted about which way to go.

"I...I'm here if you need me, Ethan! But otherwise I am going on ahead, okay?"

Richard had no history with any of Ford's Children except Pierce whom they had already passed (and he had a really small part of dealing with anyway).

A trainer with a plethora of Psychic and Ghost types and I gave away my one Ghost-Dark type... well it's not like he had moves for capitalizing on that anyway.

"I can stay too if you need it. I've got no more right than anyone else to go to the end."

Though I'd very much like to.

IC: James/Claus

With the room cleared, James and Claus were free to toss out as many Poké Balls as they had on them. With a brief glance, James surveyed his forces. Agent Diamond only had Pokemon in their first stages which didn't exactly inspire confidence in James. Agent Apollo had given Diamond the Sableye he had with him, and with the two Pokemon the rather unknown ally had, there were thirteen Pokemon towards Pierce's six.

At least they had numbers.

The other agent could keep the Cofagrigus and the Porygon-Z busy for now. Hopefully between the five of his Pokemon, Agent Diamond could distract at least one more.

"Galahad, begin paralyzing Pierce's Pokemon. Start with the Chandelure."

Silently, the Togekiss stirred up a weak electric current and shot it at the Ghost-Fire Type.

"Gawain, use Mud Bomb on that key-ring looking Pokémon."

James was not familiar with the Pokémon known as Klefki, but figured it was a Steel-Type. Trusting such sentiment, Gawain created a large ball of mud and tossed it straight towards the Steel-Fairy Type.

"Mordred, move about the field with Agility. I will tell you when to strike."

The Weavile nodded and jumped back. He began to circle the battlefield, building up speed as he did so. He had several Ghost-Type targets to attack when the time was right. If he was targeted it would be harder to attack, but he was confident that he could lead them on a chase if such an event happened.

"Lancelot, challenge Golurk," James said simply.

The Scizor slowly approached the taller Golurk. He did not rush in against an opponent he knew nothing about, but began moving in the pattern telling of a Swords Dance. The Scizor preferred to pressure the Golurk into making the first move that he could react to it.

"Agravain..." James said to the Karrablast who he dubbed 'Agravain' to honor his seeming loyalty to Mordred. He didn't exactly know yet how to use the Karrablast, so all he said was, "stay by me, I will tell you when to act,"

The bug pouted but obeyed.

Percival he did not address. If Pierce and his Pokemon had not yet noticed the invisible Chandelure, then James preferred to keep it that way and play his card at the opportune moment. First he had to have Galahad do his job in preparing them for Percival's assault.

Still, where is the man himself? James wondered.

Hades looked about the rest of Claus's Pokémon to figure out a strategy. Running away still seemed attractive, but leaving Claus to fend for himself didn't sit right. Plus if they didn't catch up with Richard, there was no telling what sort of trouble he would get himself into. He didn't have the sheer damage output of any of the Executive's Pokemon, but he was sure between him and the monkey they could keep one of the enemy Pokemon occupied. Time to cause a diversion.

Follow me, Hades called to Flint. He and the Monferno closed in on the one unoccupied Pokemon, the Aegislash. The Sableye launched a Confuse Ray, closing the gap with his Prankster ability. The Monferno leaped over the Aegislash, landed in front of it, and used Taunt.

Baccio held back and used Autotomize to prepare while Porky used Odor Sleuth to track the Aegislash. If Baccio needed to go 'boom' at any point, it'd help if most of the opponents weren't immune to Explosion.

And then there was Lucas. He stood nearly motionless as he charged his attack. This battle was gonna need his full power if he were gonna make a difference and they were likely gonna only receive one-shot at this. Claus was worried though, he had only been in one battle with Claus beforehand.

That battle being the Gym Battle against Cheren. It had started evenly enough, though Claus didn't exactly feel proud about that. Flint had a type advantage against the Watchog, so he felt the handicap was the only reason they were about even. Flint had thought his generally acrobatic skill would be enough to keep the Watchog spinning in circles.

He was wrong.

The Watchog had been more than able to keep track of the Monferno's movements. It managed to catch the Monferno with a Super Fang. Then the Watchog nearly put Flint to sleep with Hypnosis before the Monferno's Taunt put a stop to it. They were both forced to resort to simply trading blows, until finally Flint's Mach Punch KO'd the Watchog with a solid punch to the face. Flint smiled at his victory, though he wasn't looking much better at that point.

Cheren had seemed pleased, but not particularly surprised.

Claus wasn't sure why he was thinking about that battle now, but decided that anything he learned during that battle would be important to remember now that he had gotten himself into such a life and death situation.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - COFAGRIGUS/GOLURK/PORYGON-Z/CHANDELURE/KLEFKI/AEGISLASH - The Chamber of Authority:

Pierce's Cofagrigus was surprisingly agile; using its four arms, it moved almost like a spider, throwing itself up and latching onto the ceiling to avoid Styx's Shadow Rush attack. In response, it twisted back into an upright position, pulling dark energy together into a pair of spheres, before launching the Shadow Ball attacks at the Shadow Pokémon.

Porygon-Z managed to regain its senses and right itself in the air, just in time to spot the Aura Sphere. Calculations ran through its head at an impossible speed; soon enough, it Converted its body, switching to a yellow and electric blue coloration. It allowed the Aura Sphere to strike it, managing to tank the damage, before responding with a well-aimed Zap Cannon attack.

Chandelure spun out of the way, giggling with the movement. It stuck its tongue out at Galahad, and then proceeded to launch an Inferno at the Togekiss.

Gawain's Mud Bomb--or rather, the threat of it--appeared to scare Klefki, as he darted back in order to avoid the attack. He retreated toward Aegislash, though not before spitting a Toxic substance at his attacker. As if angered by the attempt to harm its comrade (and probably Flint's Taunt, as well), Aegislash switched into Blade Form, swinging forward with Sacred Sword just in time to barely avoid Hades's Confuse Ray.

Golurk had taken its time standing up, only to find a tiny Scizor standing in front of it as a challenger. It emitted a sound like a scoff, then took a step forward. The Automaton Pokémon pulled an arm back and then threw it forward. Ghostly flames erupted from its elbow and around its wrist, engulfing its fist in flame as it aimed to smash Lancelot with Fire Punch, making no effort to guard itself in the process.

IC - BRONZONG/EXPLOUD/WIGGLYTUFF/JYNX/KRICKETUNE/CHIMECHO - The Chamber of Promise:

Six against four. Numerical advantage. Bronzong would have smiled if it could. Extending its mind to those around it, the Bronze Bell Pokémon directed an order to Chimecho. The Wind Chime Pokémon summoned a Protective shield around Hayes's team, guarding them from the Heat Wave attack. As soon as it dropped, the other five advanced.

Kricketune led the pack. With lightning speed, it charged toward its Wide Guarded opponents. It kicked off from the ground, pulling an arm back and slamming into the shield with Brick Break, aiming to crack their defenses. The others followed up with specific targets.

Jynx threw a hand forward, calculating Lurelite's movements in order to best aim a Ground-Type Hidden Power at the phantom chandelier.

Wigglytuff inhaled deeply to puff up. When she exhaled, it was with a great, cold force that gathered into an Ice Beam attack aimed straight at Monstro.

Exploud skidded to a halt before Vlad. He clenched his fists before unleashing a Supersonic attack at the flying scorpion, which quickly transformed into a Hyper Voice attack.

That left Bronzong to attack Gyralite. Opting to take no chances with the Gyarados, Bronzong floated up to eye level with its opponent, bombarding Atrocious Pokémon with mental waves with the aim to put it straight to sleep through Hypnosis.

IC - Quincy Adams/Ethan Worth - The Chamber of Isolation:

"Jamie, I--" Ethan's response was cut short by a roar from Ent. The Abomasnow charged forward, bringing his Wood Hammer attack down toward Ethan. Only Céris's timely intervention stopped his trainer from being completely crushed; even then, his claws, crossed in front of him, strained against the force of the attack.

"Time's up, Worth!" Adams snapped. Her projection erupted into fragments just as she waved her hand. "I'm not letting you or anyone else condescend to me anymore!"

"You two, go!" Ethan yelled to Jamie and Richard. "We'll take care of Adams, you take care of Ford and Skye!"

A hand grabbed Jamie's shoulder, gently pulling her toward the exit. "Come on," Gavin said. "We don't have much time."

With a forceful step forward, the Scizor threw the Abomasnow off-balance. He uncrossed his claws, slamming a purple-glowing pincer into the Frosted Tree Pokémon's midsection. As Adams's remaining Pokémon moved to block the last few party members' escape, Tox and Suya charged forward--the Beedrill slamming into Wizard with Fury Cutter, and Suya blocking Chan and Witch's attacks with Power Whip.

IC - The Chamber of Treachery:

A yellow glow, like sickened gold. It smiled up through the tunnel, a blasphemous blight of light twinkling with forbidden candor, expressing half-truths and equal lies in its rays. It was obvious who was coming up before they ever got near the exit; even Kyle, who had never met the man, could gather who it was from the dark expressions on the faces around him, from Jackson Sang to Xander.

The room was all that they had come to expect, with one disturbing difference: There were no memories on display here. All that played above the group was static, like a television out of focus, distantly buzzing and crackling. In the very center of the floor, an image of a cartoonish, animated skull cackled amidst the radio snow--something that Sleight couldn't help but recall from his last video meeting with Ford, when the Shadowed Man had hacked into Chapel's systems.

McKinley was nowhere to be found, though his delighted chuckle gave away the fact that he was present in some form, somewhere.

"You made it!" he sang. "You really, really made it! Perhaps the day is saved after all!" The Fourth Child laughed.

"McKinley!" Sang yelled. "I know what you're up to! Where are they!?"

"Five to go before you reach the bottom--oh, but if only you could make it down here and join the party!"

His laughter erupted into a cacophony at the same time that his team erupted onto the scene--his Xatu, reduced now to a one-winged creature; his Wobbufett, as thin and scarred as ever; and then the others, a Girafarig, a Hypno, a Sigilyph, and a Claydol. All bore horrendous scars, and those that could seemed to grin maniacally, permanently, as if having been let in on some wondrously twisted joke.

"Who do I get?" McKinley asked. "Who wants to play the hero and try to prove themselves against me?" He giggled. "Or should I pick the challengers?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Xander Cruize

"McKinley," Xander said in a surprisingly calm voice as he beheld the group of disfigured pokémon before him. "How's the eye?" He pulled a ball from his belt. "Paul, Ryan, don't even bother with this punk. You have more important people to worry about. Tell Ray I said 'hello.' Paul." He tossed the ball to the blacksmith. "Take care of Ellen, alright? Tell her I'll catch up when I can." As Sylph stepped forward, he grabbed two more pokéballs and tossed them into the air.

Astraea and Psyka appeared. For once, the Staryu seemed to be active, curling its legs towards the opponents threateningly. Psyka looked around and nodded. A good battlefield, she supposed.

IC: Anubis/Styx/Jared

Anubis took the Zap Cannon and winced as he felt his muscles spasming. With a growl, he attempted to push through. His opponent now seemed to be of the electric persuasion based off of its coloration. He had an attack for that. Moving much slower than he normally would have, he summoned a bone-shaped staff and moved to strike at the Porygon-Z.

Styx shrugged through the Shadow Ball attacks, hardly even feeling them. He whipped his head around, generating the needed air current for a Razor Wind. He would just need another second to unleash it upon his foe.

Jared watched carefully as the Absol acted. He could feel the thread tying him to the creature, could feel it tightening as Styx subconsciously fought against his control. He tightened his hold, sending more of the odd red and purple aura that was Mercury out towards the creature.

"Gyaralite, fight it! Fight! Aqua Tail to fight it!" As Jenny tried to encourage the sea serpent, she noted that they were a lot more coordinated than even when Hayes had been right there controlling them one by one. Her expression changed, as she realized that they would need more than just the four Pokemon they had on their side at the moment. She clicked a Pokeball and sent out her Scizor, and then gave it a Pokeball ready to open, as Scizlite took off toward the Chimecho with a Quick Attack. As she moved, however, Scizlite gave a look of disgust to the Kricketune, recalling how her last encounter with the violin-like bug had gone. Jenny finally grabbed the last two Pokeballs, that held her Krookodile and Eelektross, and had them appear beside her, as a look of determination appeared on her face.

Gyaralite's eyes grew wilder as she heard her trigger word once again. However, the mental waves were wearing her down at the same time; however, the Gyarados rushed forward as fast as she could, and attempted to slam the Bronzong with an Aqua Tail attack in the process. She felt herself growing more tired as the seconds pressed on, and kept slamming at the Bronzong in attempt to get it to stop that.

Lurelite noticed the Hidden Power burst headed toward her, and quickly charged and fired off a Shadow Ball to attempt to counter it. Despite her efforts, however, she still took some damage, coming to a stop in the air a little ways away. Despite this, however, she aimed and fired off a Flame Burst quickly toward the Jynx in return. The Chandelure noticed the Scizor enter the field, and knew that the Kricketune would attempt to use their own attacks against them, as it had the last time they fought it. Therefore, she wasn't taking any chances with this attack.

Scizlite approached the Chimecho quickly, and shot her claw forward. The Pokeball shot forward and then opened, revealing a very angry Emboar that was using the momentum to her advantage, to attempt to use Heat Crash on the wind chime Pokemon before it could react to the flaming pig. As the Emboar dealt with that, Scizlite launched herself forward toward the Kricketune. She had a score to settle, and her arms glowed with the power of Aerial Ace and Bullet Punch for the right and left respectively, as she sped toward the other speedy bug. As she grew closer, she struck out with both arms at the Kricketune, and attempted to keep a look-out for if the rest tried to interfere.

Eelite looked around the battlefield, and then slithered in the air toward the Exploud. As she saw(and heard) the Exploud using the attack that shook most of the Pokemon present, she knew she had to stop it. It was for that reason, that the Eelektross shot off a Thunder Wave to try and stun the Exploud at least temporarily, before she wrapped herself in electricity and barreled forward at the hopefully now-paralyzed loudmouth.

Only the Krookodile had yet to make a move, and she knew how outclassed she was at that moment still. Despite that, she attempted to head in the direction of the Wigglytuff, but Sandlite also stayed close to Monstro as she attempted to trap the Wigglytuff in a Sand Tomb from a distance. She wasn't sure of how the Ice Beam would affect Monstro, but wanted to be there to help if it was needed.

OOC:

Gyarados: Aqua Tail > Bronzong

Chandelure: Flame Burst > Jynx

Scizor: Deliver Pokeball, Aerial Ace+Bullet Punch > Kricketune

Emboar: Heat Crash > Chimecho

Eelektross: Thunder Wave > Exploud, Wild Charge > Exploud

Krookodile: Sand Tomb > Wigglytuff

Ryan grit his teeth, as he sent out his entire team from the get-go. He noticed a small sandstorm start up thanks to his Tyranitar's ability, and shielded his eyes for the moment. He knew not to underestimate Quincy, and the woman seemed even more unhinged than the last time, if that was even possible. He also knew that the Abomasnow was deadly if not taken seriously, and that it should be focused on. "Anna, confuse that Abomasnow first! Porygon-Z, Signal Beam, attack the Gothitelle. Tyranitar, Stone Edge on the Banette, but Crunch on that fallen Beheeyem. Sammy, use Aqua Jet and Razor Shell on that Sudowoodo. Excadrill, Hone Claws, then Metal Claw that Abomasnow. Simisage, use Acrobatics on the Abomasnow too."

The Pokemon acted without hesitation. As the Pokemon present took advantage of the other side being knock off balance, Ryan remained cautious. "Ethan, try and keep focus on some targets, especially that Abomasnow. It won't hesitate to freeze things to try and break them." The black haired man warned, as he watched carefully.

The Natu had managed to charge up the Confuse Ray quickly, and sent it off toward the Abomasnow. She tried to remain confident and composed for this fight, but she still felt that this sort of thing was out of her league, much like last time. Unlike then, however, she was determined to do all that she could do to help, and predicted a Future Sight attack that would target the Banette a few minutes later.

The Excadrill rushed forward, as he sharped his claws among the sand that had been started up by the Tyranitar. He felt he was growing stronger and stronger, between the Sand Force he was given, and the Hone Claws, and smiled viciously toward the Abomasnow, as he clawed at it with Metal Claw.

The Simisage acted in addition to the Excadrill's movements, and nimbly jumped toward Ent as well. As he sliced out with his Acrobatics as he approached the living fir tree, however, he made sure to try and keep out of the way of the possible Ice attacks - either him or Excadrill getting hit by one of those would not end very well, the Simisage felt.

Tyranitar roared out, as he summoned a spike of rock, and flung it toward Voodoo with a frown on his face, however, he continued toward where the fallen Wizard was, and tried to use Crunch before the Beheeyem could teleport away. He remembered the chaos of the last time they had fought the Beheeyem with help, and was intent on not repeating that this time.

The Porygon-Z circled around the area, and launched off a Signal Beam toward the Gothitelle from behind. It continued to try and calculate how things would go on the fly, to try and get a possible plan to use to counter with if anything changed.

Sammy, however, was focused entirely on the Sudowoodo. She sped off toward it, and attempted to slam into the rocky tree-like Pokemon with a watery aura, and then tried to slam into it with Razor Shell afterward. The Samurott did not want to see her new friends hurt, and had a sinking feeling that if they failed here that the others would be attacked. Therefore, she would not fail.

OOC:

Natu: Confuse Ray > Abomasnow, Future Sight > Banette

Excadrill: Hone Claws = Self, Metal Claw > Abomasnow

Simisage: Acrobatics > Abomasnow

Tyranitar: Stone Edge > Banette, Crunch > Beheeyem

Porygon-Z: Signal Beam > Gothitelle

Samurott: Aqua Jet + Razor Shell > Sudowoodo

-==IC: Chloe/Colette==-

The stark change between this and the previous rooms was immediately noticeable, and the two girls shuddered at it. Chloe looked around at the room to try and figure out what could be happening. Colette as well was very put off by how things were here - the animated skull did nothing to ease that feeling. The Aura wielder unconsciously created an Aura Sphere in her hands to fire off in case it was needed, as she glanced around nervously.

When McKinley's team appeared, however, the two noticed that they just seemed... wrong. Chloe again shuddered, as she wondered just what to do. Another thing she noticed, however, was that they were all psychic type. She glanced around at the others, in wonder at who might have the most suitable team of the ones present currently. The fact that the guy's voice was taunting them, and mentioning that he might pick who stayed behind, however, was not very reassuring.

Edited by Destined Blade

IC: Dack
Dack reattached the Pokéball to his belt and hurried after Gavin, Jamie, and the musician. He stuck close to the former two. Although he didn't personally know Skye, he could tell she meant a lot to them. He just hoped Ethan would be alright against Adams.

IC: Ryan/Paul/Jayron/Dahlia
Paul caught the Pokéball in surprise, but smiled when he saw the Eevee inside. He looked back at Xander and nodded. "I'll tell both your Eevee and my daughter. Good luck, Xander." Pocketing the Pokéball, the blacksmith started to make his way around the disfigured and twisted Pokémon. He shuddered at the thought that Ellen had considered this man -- no, this monster -- a friend. When this was all over, he was going to have to have a long talk with her about stranger danger.

Ryan looked from Xander's team to McKinley's team with a frown. He knew Sylph was experienced, and Xander had psychic powers of his own, but his other Pokémon frankly paled in comparison. In his gut he knew he should keep going. Ellen awaited, and so did Sonja and Ray. Between them, Sleight's kid, and the mysterious Skye whom Jamie had alluded to, Ryan knew that the remaining five Children were the hostages they'd come for. He wanted to rescue them. But he also wanted Xander to make it out of this alive. "Are you sure you can handle this yourself?" Ryan asked with another glance at the grotesque forms of McKinley's team. "Last time it took all of us just to put a dent in him."

"I'm staying behind, too." Dahlia stepped forward to stand beside the Kalosian, gripping a Pokéball in her hand. Ryan started to voice a protest, but she shot him a glare that quickly silenced him. "Asriel has a fight to finish." Her thumb pressed against the release and her Absol emerged, narrowing its eyes at the one-winged Xatu. Dahlia swapped out the Pokéball for two more. Dracos slithered into a defensive position around his trainer, while Coco nodded a greeting to the Staryu and Espurr she would be fighting alongside. "Besides." A subtle glow appeared in Dahlia's eyes as she looked back to McKinley's Pokémon. "I have a few tricks up my sleeve."

It took every ounce of willpower for Ryan not to yell out that they were being fools. The two least combat-experienced members of the group against one of the most cunning and sinister Ford Agents? It was a recipe for disaster. But as much as he wanted to lend his aid, he knew that just like with Hayes, this wasn't the real fight. And so it was with great effort that Ryan nodded his reluctant agreement. "Be careful, you two." With that, he turned away and began walking to the next chamber, making sure to give the stitched Pokémon a wide berth.

As the Supersonic and Hyper Voice hit Vlad, the Fang Scorp Pokemon felt like his ears were going to explode. It didn't help matters that his hearing was incredibly sensitive. He fell to the ground looking quite disoriented. Vlad had taken the absolute worst from the attack. Meanwhile, Monstro rose his left arm and quickly sprayed it with water, to protect himself from the attack. The Ice Beam hit the raised arm, encasing it in ice, with Monstro glowering at the Wigglytuff as Sandlite trapped it in a small whirlwind of sand. "it doesn't matter if I can't use this arm, i'm not gonna be humiliated anymore!" The Swampert thought.

Evan had caught onto what Jenny was doing, and with what rapidity having only one arm could afford, threw out his remaining poke ball, each one revealing the remainder of his team. His Hippowdon had chosen not to activate her Sand Stream, out of not wanting to wear down her comrades. "Everyone, do what you must to win this battle!" Evan said, feeling very determined to finally settle the score. "These Pokemon belong to the one who is responsible for hurting me, and many others. I'd normally show mercy, but I can't afford to anymore! Let 'em have it!"

At Evan's command, Gnip roared and charged towards the Bronzong, and unleashed a white hot cloud of fire at it, aiming to aid Gyaralite with taking it down. She wasn't going to take any chances with this. She had to make every attack she would use count. Vlad was still feeling disoriented, and even though he had gotten back up, he still couldn't make heads or tails of anything. Lazengann started dancing to fire himself up, after which he hurried towards the Jynx, and folded up into a drill, spinning furiously as he did. Hippowdon knew that the Chimecho may not escape the Heat Crash, but released a hearty Yawn to make sure it was ensured to be hit by the flaming Mega Pig. Behemoth growled and charged alongside Eelite, exerting his Super Power to try and inflict heavy damage upon the Exploud. Monstro started to exert a cursed aura as he felt his body becoming heavier and tougher, aiming to endure further punishment from his foes.

OOC:

Vlad: Skip turn
Gnip Flamethrower > Bronzong
Lazengann: Swords Dance > Self, Drill Run > Jynx
Behemoth: Super Power > Exploud
Hippowdon: Yawn > Chimecho
Monstro: Curse > Self

Lancelot held out both of his pincers and caught the Golurk's fist. The fire from the fist caused the Steel-Bug immense pain to hold and the colossal weight of the Pokemon put weight behind his fist that even Lancelot couldn't quite match, but he would not budge. Pain from his old scar was not helping. Help, did however, come in the form of a Weavile, who with unmatched speed ran up to and climbed the Golurk's back and used Ice Punch on the back of his neck. Lancelot used that opportunity to break off and Roost off the wounds. Lancelot waited to see how the Golurk would respond as he healed, forming a plan depending on who the Golurk decided to attack.

Silently, Galahad rolled to the left to evade the Inferno. The fact that it then Yawned might have made the Togekiss seemed bored, but it was very attentive to the Chandelure's actions. Even without getting hit by the flames, Galahad could feel the great heat from them. The Yawn bubbles that Galahad spread were, while an attempt to put the Chandelure to sleep in and of themselves, also a diversion to allow the Togekiss to move in closer.

Flint had underestimated the range of Aegislash's Sacred Sword. The sheer power behind the slice cut hard . Hades immediately yanked Monferno away, to take him to Claus, tossing a Night Shade to dissuade the Aegislash.

"Flint, are you alright?" Claus shouted, as he threw off his backpack and pulled out a potion.

The Monferno gave a thumbs-up, wincing as Claus applied the potion.

Claus sighed with relief. "Don't worry, you don't need to fight anymore. I got another job for ya."

When Gawain saw Klefki retreat towards the Aegislash, the Swampert had an idea. Two stones, one wave, as they said. And now that his allies were out of the way, he had no reason to hold back. Creating a new wave, sent the torrent of water at the two Steel-Types, to try and wash them away.

Baccio had been watching while preparing himself with Iron Defense. With speed and defenses ready, the Roggnerola advanced. He tossed several Rock Blasts into Gawain's stream, the rocks being carried along with the purpose of striking the Steel-Types.

As the Roggenrola advanced, Claus was reminded of his turn in fighting Cheren. Flint had to call it a day after fighting Watchog. While he hadn't technically been KO'd, he wasn't going to have much meaningful effect on any of the other two that he could effectively be called out. Meaning that when Cheren had thrown in the Tranquil, Claus immediately substituted in Baccio. Where the fight between Flint and Watchog had been a quick slug-fest, the battle between Baccio and Tranquil had been a slow stalemate. The Tranquil did not have moves that could hit a Rock-Type hard, a problem compounded by Baccio's Iron Defense. On the other hand, the Tranquil could easily evade Baccio's Rock Blasts by flying high, out of its range. That stalemate went on for a long time.

OOC:

Lancelot: Roost > Self

Gawain: Hit by Toxic; Muddy Water > Aegislash & Klefki

Galahad: Evades Inferno; Yawn

Mordred: Ice Punch > Golurk

Hades: Night Shade > Aegislash

Flint: Hit by Sacred Sword; Retreating to Claus's side

Baccio: Iron Defense > Self; Rock Blast > Aegislash & Klefki

Porky: Odor Sleuth > Golurk

Lucas: Charging

IC - James Arthur/Claus Diamond/Jared Winters

COFAGRIGUS/GOLURK/PORYGON-Z/CHANDELURE/KLEFKI/AEGISLASH - The Chamber of Authority:

Anubis's paralysis made evasion much easier. Porygon-Z danced around the Lucario's attack, never taking its eyes off of him. After a while of this, it spread its arms out, gathering energy for a Tri-Attack that it soon launched at its opponent.

Seeing an opening, Cofagrigus dropped down. The Coffin Pokémon pulled flames into its hands--a Will-o-Wisp that it then hurtled toward the Absol. No fancy tricks, no fanfare--it just aimed to burn Styx.

Golurk paused, rubbing its palm across the back of its neck. Ice had formed there, an annoyance that the golem would have to power through for the remainder of the fight. It clenched its fists, locking onto Lancelot. Before the Scizor's eyes, the Golurk's body began to fade, vanishing into shadows. For some time, nothing happened, giving off the impression that it had retreated. Eventually, however, a dark portal opened up above him, and the Golurk's fist shot through, followed soon by the rest of its body--an attempt to strike using Phantom Force.

Though it attempted to fight the sleepiness washing over it, Chandelure couldn't stay awake forever. It managed to fire off a series of Confuse Rays at Galahad and Mordred before falling to the ground.

If Aegislash was bothered by the Night Shade, it didn't show it. Instead, the Royal Sword Pokémon advanced, flanked by Klefki. At the sight of Gawain and Baccio's assault, it summoned a Protect bubble around itself and its ally, shielding them from harm. As soon as the attacks relented, it dropped the field, allowing Aegislash to advance and attack Gawain with Head Smash.

Porygon-Z: Tri-Attack > Anubis

Cofagrigus: Will-o-Wisp > Styx

Golurk: Phantom Force > Lancelot

Chandelure: Confuse Ray > Galahad and Mordred; sleeping

Klefki: Protect > Self and Aegislash

Aegislash: Head Smash > Gawai

IC - Sleight/Eileen Alaric/Jackson Sang/Bounty/Gavin Braner/Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/All 

WOBBUFETT/XATU/GIRAFARIG/HYPNO/CLAYDOL/SIGILYPH - The Chamber of Treachery:

"My, my, the little chicks have decided to try and protect the nest." McKinley's projection laughed as it rose from the mouth of the skull. Bloody bandages covered the upper-left half of his face, though they could not suppress his grin. "I figure you should know better about the eye than me, kiddo--after all, I left it behind, didn't I?" He chuckled. "Don't worry, though--I'm all right." McKinley burst out laughing.

"Jeez, this guy is crazy," Kyle muttered.

"Crazier than the last time I saw him," Gavin replied, pushing aside his speculation about what had caused such an overt change. Regardless of the reason, one thing was for certain: McKinley was on cloud-nine. Gavin's hand shook as he reached for a Poké Ball, straining under the weight of the decision he needed to make. McKinley's team was composed entirely of Psychic-Types, meaning that of all the trainers present--as far as he knew--his team would be best equipped to handle them.

But then he thought about Skye, waiting in the next room . . . ###### it . . .

"Tough decisions, tough decisions," McKinley sang. "Last call for fighters!" He laughed again, watching as, one by one, the people before him moved to the exit. The Fourth Child smiled at Sleight and Eileen as they walked by. "Hope the kid isn't too broken when he realizes he disappointed you again."

Sleight paused, clenching his fists. Eileen stopped at his side, closing her eyes.

McKinley chuckled. "He was like a doll when I first picked him up, you know," he said. "Yup; all limp and lifeless, just begging to taken away because it could make you proud, what we're doing. But then I did and he suddenly got all moody and angsty, all worked up about 'what would mommy and daddy think?' And you know, I think that's really kinda messed up, that a kid would consider joining up with a terrorist to be something worthy of respect. Almost makes me wonder what he did to make you hate--"

"Tyler McKinley," Eileen interrupted, her tone as sharp as stone on steel. "How would you like to lose your other eye today? Or how about your head?"

McKinley paused, though regained his composure after a moment. "You two are no fun," he said. "Whatever--I'm sure I'll have lots of fun picking these bugs apart." He turned away from the Alarics as they continued on, focusing on the remaining group--Xander, Dahlia, Jackson, and Gavin. He grinned. "Quite a crowd. How you all doin'?"

"Gavin," Jackson said. "I know how badly McKinley needs to be beaten. Take a walk."

The Rocket Agent remained silent. After a moment, he shook his head. "No; you go." Jackson looked at him, watching as Gavin pulled three Poké Balls from his belt. "This isn't the real McKinley--he's at the bottom. Whatever is going on, you need to take care of him and Ford, not this . . . blockade that he's put up. Besides . . ." He threw his Poké Balls onto the field. They opened, releasing Vel, Irest, and Dothe. "I can do more damage here than you can."

Jackson nodded. "Alright; I'll leave it to you." He began to walk.

"Sang." He paused again. Gavin looked as if he was trying very hard to hide his desperation. "The next room--it's the Fifth Child. Her name is Skye. When you get to the bottom . . . Do what you can to protect her." He met Jackson's eye. "Please. It's our fault she ended up here."

The freelancer nodded again. "I'll do my best, Gavin. Good luck."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Jared Winter

Anubis growled as the Porygon-Z evaded his attack, and he spun the staff to disperse the Tri Attack that was launched his way. Snarling, he took a hop back and spun, sweeping his aura around him and forming it into a sword. He gripped the sword in one hand, the bone staff in the other, and dashed forward to attack with another flurry.

As Cofagrigus dropped, Styx unleashed the Razor Wind, scattering the Will O Wisp harmlessly around him. Jared stayed quiet, trying to split his attention between his two pokémon, his allies', and his opponent's. Things didn't seem to be going particularly well here, and he didn't know if he could afford to tap into Mercury's instincts anymore without fully unleashing the other personality.

Anubis: Sword Dance > Self; Bone Rush > Porygon-Z

Styx: Razor Wind > Cofagrigus

IC: Xander Cruize/Sylph

Xander crossed his arms as McKinley's projection appeared. "You did, yeah. I think we've been keeping it on ice. Or we threw it to the Sharpedo, one of the two." He sighed. "So, you're supposed to be slowing us down, right? Since you've got us here, why don't you tell us about how your plan has succeeded, how you've won, blah blah blah? We're not leaving either way."

Sylph frowned, glancing back at her trainer. What was he doing? He'd been chomping at the bit to fight McKinley since that fateful night under the bridge, and now he was going to . . . what? Talk the man to death? Xander locked eyes with her and smiled, sharing the thought. The longer they stalled, the more likely it was that everyone else would get to the end and take down the man himself, and the less time they'd have to battle. The less they had to battle, the less likely it was that someone would get injured or killed.

Still, that didn't stop him from sliding into her mind and preparing to test Synchronization in a real scenario. She let psychic energy form around her hand to fend off any surprise attacks.

IC - Ethan Worth (Suya, Céris, Tox)/Ryan Hikari (Natu, Excadrill, Simisage, Tyranitar, Porygon-Z, Samurott)

SUDOWOODO/BANETTE/BEHEEYEM/GOTHITELLE/MISMAGIUS/ABOMASNOW - The Chamber of Isolation:

Natu: Confuse Ray > Abomasnow, Future Sight > Banette

Excadrill: Hone Claws = Self, Metal Claw > Abomasnow

Simisage: Acrobatics > Abomasnow

Tyranitar: Stone Edge > Banette, Crunch > Beheeyem

Porygon-Z: Signal Beam > Gothitelle

Samurott: Aqua Jet + Razor Shell > Sudowoodo

"Oh, trust me," Ethan said. "I know all about Quincy's team." He pulled his sunglasses from his forehead, slipping them over his eyes and thrusting a hand forward. "Let's get 'em, boys! Céris, use Agility and Swords Dance, get yourself ready for a charge! Tox, Fury Cutter on Beheeyem, stat! Suya!" The Victreebel turned to Ethan with a burning fury in his eye. Ethan whipped his sunglasses off of his face, matching Suya's gaze. "Go crazy."

Upon hearing Ryan's order, Ent had covered his eyes, protecting himself from the brunt of the Confuse Ray; all that occurred was a brief moment of disorientation as a result of the attack, though nothing that could stop him from matching Simisage's Acrobatics with a well-placed Ice Punch. With his other hand, he launched an Ice Beam attack at the ground directly in front of Excadrill.

'Fallen' was perhaps too presumptuous--Wizard may have been knocked back, but he was certainly nowhere near the point of missing a Tyranitar charging in his direction. Much to the Armor Pokémon's chagrin, the Beheeyem did indeed teleport away, managing to avoid Tox's attack in the process. When he reappeared, the Psychic-Type used Miracle Eye, aiming to put Tyranitar on its attack radar.

Doll Protected itself, allowing it to focus on using Helping Hand to provide power to Chan. In response to the Samurott's attack, the Sudowoodo pulled his fists back, meeting the attack with a Sucker Punch and throwing the two into a stalemate. Were it not for the massive vine that slammed into him a moment later from Suya, Chan may have wound up overpowering Samurott; as it stood, the Rock-Type was thrown back, temporarily stunned.

Seeing the rock hurtling toward him, Voodoo momentarily turned intangible, and then shot a Will-o-Wisp attack at Tyranitar in an attempt to weaken him.

Witch had not been targeted at all, leaving her free to do whatever she wanted. She started by using Double Team to make duplicates of herself, which joined her in floating around the room while singing a haunting Destiny Bond, establishing a connection with an unknown target . . .

Tox: Fury Cutter > Beheeyem

Suya: Power Whip > Sudowoodo

Céris: Swords Dance and Agility > Self

Sudowoodo: Sucker Punch > Samurott (Stunned)

Banette: Will-o-Wisp > Tyranitar

Beheeyem: Teleport > Self, Miracle Eye > Tyranitar

Gothitelle: Protect > Self, Helping Hand > Sudowoodo

Mismagius: Double Team > Self, Destiny Bond > ?

Abomasnow: Ice Punch > Simisage, Ice Beam > Excadrill

IC - Xander Cruize (Sylph, Astraea, Psyka)/Dahlia Seaton (Asriel, Dracos, Coco)/Gavin Braner (Vel, Irest, Dothe)

"'Slowing you down'?" McKinley laughed. "Please, if I wanted to slow you down, I wouldn't have let any of you pass." He tapped his head. "No, no, my friends--you all have your grudges to indulge, your honor and pride to protect, your people to save. Me?" He chuckled, dragging a hand along his cheek. "Well, let's just say that you can't feed a growing boy without cutting up his steak first."

He dragged his finger along his neck, a smirk across his face. As he finished the gesture, McKinley's projection vanished.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Gavin asked. McKinley's team spared him little time to think on the Fourth Child's statement, however, as they moved to attack their three enemies.

Xatu and Sigilyph hung back from the rest of the group, focusing their powers on their Dark-Type enemies. A shadowy eyeball appeared in the center of Vel's, Irest's and Asriel's chests, signaling that they had been marked with Miracle Eye--primed for targeting by psychic attacks from McKinley's team.

Gavin cursed. "Vel, Tailwind!" he ordered. "Irest, Hone Claws! Dothe, use Confuse Ray on Wobbufett!"

Vel mimicked Xatu and Sigilyph, taking flight and moving to the back of her crowd of allies. She flapped her wings, summoning a helpful wind that raised her allies' speed. Irest planted himself firm, scraping his claws together and eyeing the opposing team as he looked for a target. After positioning himself, Dothe threw his hands forward, flashing a disorienting light at the opposing Wobbufett. 

The Psychic-Type grinned. A blue, protective glow appeared around it and its team, a Safeguard attack that rendered Dothe's Confuse Ray useless. It cackled, though made no further move.

From within the group, Claydol blinked out of existence. It reappeared a moment later behind Psyka and Astraea, directing an Earth Power attack at the pair.

Hypno and Girafarig watched the beginnings of the conflict, both surrounding themselves in a sickly-gold glow that appeared to be Nasty Plot.

Wobbufett: Safeguard > McKinley's Team

Xatu: Miracle Eye > Dark-Types

Hypno: Nasty Plot > Self

Girafarig: Nasty Plot > Self

Claydol: Earth Power > Astraea and Psyka

Sigilyph: Miracle Eye > Dark-Types

Vel: Tailwind > Dahlia/Xander/Gavin Teams

Irest: Hone Claws > Self

Dothe: Confuse Ray > Wobbufett

IC - Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/Sleight/Eileen Alaric/Bounty/Jackson Sang/All - 4-5 Stair:

Me, Esen, Chloe, Colette, Ryan, Sleight, Sleight's wife, Bounty, Burks, Executive Aaron, trench coat guy, Gavin's friend, the guy with the violin, Executive Arthur's doppelganger...

"That's half of what we started out with," Kyle said.

"Pardon?" Bounty said, pausing to turn to the Liberty Agent. Sang and Sleight looked back as well; Jayron stopped.

"Three in the first chamber, then two in the second and third, and now another three," Kyle said. "Ten out of the twenty-two people we came in here with. That's half of the group that has stayed behind so far. And we still have, what, five more rooms to go?"

Sang sighed. "We'll have to be better about how we split up from here on out," he said. "Granted . . ." Sang looked at Eileen and Sleight. "I imagine one of the rooms ahead won't need anyone to fight."

Eileen shook her head. "Unless Ford has given him more, Levi only has one Pokémon. Even then, he won't fight us."

"I hope not," Sang said. He looked back at Kyle. "We'll have to play it by ear. No use letting that slow us down, though."

Kyle nodded, exchanging a glance with Esen and then continuing to follow after the others.

IC - The Chamber of Innocence:

Blue.

Blue like the sky, soft and cool. Blue like calm, like sadness.

This was the next room: Sky blue all around, shining like dust in the early morning. All around, the memories that played were happy--time spent with family, time spent in comfort, time with friends and loved ones doing things that sang of joy. Yet behind them all, there lay a deeper sadness, something darker--images of a a great battle in the middle of Celadon City; images of dead bodies in confined hallways.

Blue--peaceful yet cold.

"Hello?"

The projection of a young woman appeared, stepping forward and appearing from nothing. A baby Spinarak rode on her shoulder. She looked confused--not by her situation, but by the presence of the crowd before her, people she did not recognize. She moved uncertain hands to her shoulder, picking up the String Spit Pokémon and holding it close to her chest.

"H-Hello . . ." Skye Hall repeated.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Just to formally announce it here, I'm taking over the Pierce and Hayes fights for Parugi.

IC: Jenny Hakuda (Gyaralite, Lurelite, Scizlite, Eelite, Sandlite)/Evan Tierra (Vlad, Monstro, Hippowdon, Gnip, Lazengann, Behemoth)
BRONZONG/EXPLOUD/WIGGLYTUFF/JYNX/KRICKETUNE/CHIMECHO – The Chamber of Promise:

Fire and Water. Bronzong saw two attacks headed toward it: Gyaralite's Aqua Tail and Gnip's Flamethrower. Without a second thought the Bronze Bell Pokémon plunged itself into the fire to evade the sea serpent's tail. Despite the intense heat of the flames licking around its heatproof body, Bronzong's eyes glowed with mental energy, as it redoubled its attempts to Hypnotize the Atrocious Pokémon.

Having sent Vlad tumbling to the ground, Exploud turned to face the rest of its opponents, just in time to duck under a Thunder Wave. Taking the electrical blast as a challenge, Exploud grinned savagely and barreled towards the incoming Eelectross, aiming to use Take Down to knock the electric eel into its Mamoswine partner.

Jynx heard Chimecho's peal of surprise. Twirling in place, the Human Shape Pokémon directed a Ground-type Hidden Power at Boarlite to knock the fire pig off balance. Moments later, Lazengann slammed into her with Drill Run, sending her skidding across the floor. At the same time, Chimecho emitted an electrical surge as it sent a desperate Thunder Wave at the Emboar before flying up out of range of the Heat Crash.

Kricketune saw Scizlite coming across the field and crossed its arms in front of its chest. Rubbing its forearms together, it produced a Screeching melody directed at the Scizor. It waited until the Scizor was right on top of it before darting back towards Hayes' team's side of the chamber, taking advantage of Vlad's Tailwind to provide an extra boost of speed. Kricketune allowed the Bullet Punch arm to hit it, but in return the Kricket Pokémon jabbed out with a Brick Break as it passed by the Scizor.

A Protective force field materialized around Wigglytuff, keeping her safe from the swirling Sand Tomb. From within her protective barrier, the pink Pokémon focused her sights on Scizlite. A glint appeared in her eyes as she attempted to Disable one of the Scizor's attacks.

Bronzong: Continued Hypnosis > Gyaralite
Exploud: Take Down > Eelite, aiming to knock into Behemoth
Jynx: Hidden Power (Ground) > Boarlite
Chimecho: Thunder Wave > Boarlite
Kricketune: Screech > Scizlite, Brick Break > Scizlite
Wigglytuff: Protect > Self, Disable > Scizlite

IC: Dahlia - The Chamber of Treachery
"W-watch out!" Dahlia cried out in warning as the Claydol appeared behind Xander's Pokémon. Coco took the initiative and dashed toward the muti-eyed Pokémon, a frosty blue energy appearing around her fluffy ear as she charged an Ice Punch at the Claydol.

Asriel did not take kindly to the added vulnerability of Miracle Eye. His eyes narrowed and glowed as he looked into the future to discern an attack on the one-winged Xatu. His last Future Sight had taken out one wing. The Absol couldn't help but hope that this one might finish the job.

With two of her Pokémon already taking things into their own hands, Dahlia focused on her third. She spotted the blue glow produced by the Wobbuffet and an idea clicked in her mind. "Dracos, give us a Safeguard, then Dragon Dance!" The Dragonair complied. As his serpentine body writhed in a mystical pattern, the orb on his neck glowed a soft blue, casting protection over their allies.

Coco: Ice Punch > Claydol
Asriel: Future Sight > Xatu
Dracos: Dragon Dance > Self, Safeguard > Dahlia/Xander/Gavin Teams

IC: Ryan/Dack/Paul/Jayron - The Chamber of Innocence
As they walked to the next chamber, Paul was deep in thought. The Alarics' talk with McKinley's projection had made him realize that he wasn't the only one with a child stolen by Ford. He listened from a distance to the Shadow Admin's conversation with the others in the hallway. Eileen seemed sure that her son wouldn't fight them. There was a time Paul would have said the same about Ellen. He wanted to say something -- let them know their family wasn't the only one torn apart by Ford -- but he didn't feel like he could approach the leader of a nation. Eventually he made up his mind, and moved toward Mrs. Alaric. He cleared his throat. "Ma'am..." Before he could continue, they reached the next chamber.

With both Ethan and Gavin stuck fighting Ford Agents, Dack stuck close to Jamie and Sang, the two Ethan and Gavin had seemed close to. Other than Ford there was one name that kept coming up between the Rocket Agents: Skye. Dack did not know her, but from what he could gather, the shy girl in this chamber was her. One look at Jamie confirmed his suspicions.

Steeling himself, Dack stepped forward. "Skye? My name is Dack. You don't know me. But your friends, Ethan and Gavin, are in the previous chambers fighting for you. To bring you back. So I'm here in their stead." He peered into the projection's eyes, wondering if he could really convince her to leave. She seemed uncertain, but he somehow doubted this task would be that easy.

Dack: Persuasion > Skye

Edited by Konuju

IC: Xander - The Chamber of Treachery

As battle commenced, Xander sent out basic instructions to Psyka and Astraea. Defend, dodge, wait for an opening, then strike. Luckily for him, both pokémon had lived in the wild and could function with little command.

The Claydol appearing was not what either one had expected, let alone the follow-up attack. Psyka spun and threw a Light Screen to deflect the attack from herself, but was unable to save Astraea. However, she took the second to add a larger, thinner, Light Screen to the Safeguard that Dracos had created. The Staryu reeled from the attack and seemed to fall, but then curled itself into a Gyro Ball and retaliated.

Sylph raised her right hand and swept it out, releasing a Dazzling Gleam at the group of opponents who had held back behind the Safe Guard. Xander took a second to focus his mind and then released a Psionic Burst at Tyler's pokémon he was most familiar with.

Psyka: Lightscreen > Self, Lightscreen > Dahlia/Xander/Gavin Teams

Astraea: Gyro Ball > Claydol

Sylph: Dazzling Gleam > Xatu, Hypno, Girafarig, Sigilyph, Wobbufett

Xander; Psionic Burst > Xatu

IC - Xander Cruize (Sylph, Astraea, Psyka)/Dahlia Seaton (Asriel, Dracos, Coco)/Gavin Braner (Vel, Irest, Dothe)

Sylph's Dazzling Gleam struck the opposing team--mostly. As the attack struck Wobbufett, it glowed with reflective energy, sending the attack back at Sylph.

Likewise, Sigilyph's body became coated with a strange, reflective energy. A portal opened it front of it, from which a beam of gleaming energy shot forth--a Dazzling Gleam attack mimicked by Mirror Move. As it did so, however, Dothe appeared from the ground in front of it, slamming an Ice Punch into Sigilyph's body and disorienting it.

The benefit of having many eyes was that Claydol could see Coco coming. Even if it wasn't fast enough to teleport again, it nonetheless managed to shift into a more defensible stance, somewhat mitigating the damage from her Ice Punch. The attack still knocked it back. As it slid to a stop, it began to glow with Cosmic Power, increasing its defense in time for it to staunchly guard against Astraea's Gyro Ball attack, which hardly put a dent in its health.

Gavin watched this exchange closely, waiting for an opportunity to act. He turned to Irest. "Pin Missile, now!"

With a snarl, Irest clenched his pincers shut. They began to glow white, connecting to each other with beams of light. As the Drapion thrust his arms forward, dozens of needle-like projectiles shot forth, a Gatling Gun-style barrage of Bug-Type bullets that cut into the Claydol's defense, forcing it back and opening it up for an attack. A moment later, however, the energy around Irest's claws vanished. Hypno had recovered from Sylph's attack and had Disabled Pin Missile. Now, it focused on Irest's face, attempting to use Hypnosis on the Ogre Scorpion Pokémon.

As it was momentarily blinded by Dazzling Gleam, Xatu could not do much to protect itself from Xander's attack, nor the Future Sight that struck it right afterward. It was thrown back, heavily damaged but still in the game. It rose to its feet, sweeping its remaining wing forth and flashing two Confuse Ray attacks--one at Dahlia and one at Xander.

Likewise, Girafarig steadied itself and then took off running--straight for Gavin.

"Vel!" Gavin shouted. With a screech, the Mandibuzz flew forth, propelled by Tailwind. She met the Girafarig's several feet in front of her trainer, slashing with her claws and pecking where she could to get its attention. Girafarig responded in turn, snapping at the Bone Vulture with both sets of its teeth, until the two had become a tangle of crazed animals fighting to kill the other first.

Wobbufett: Mirror Coat (Dazzling Gleam) > Sylph

Sigilyph: Mirror Move (Dazzling Gleam) > Sylph

Xatu: Confuse Ray > Dahlia, Xander

Hypno: Disable (Pin Missile) > Irest, Hypnosis > Irest

Girafarig: Crunch > Gavin

Claydol: Cosmic Power > Self

Vel: Foul Play > Girafarig

Irest: Pin Missile > Claydol

Dothe: Ice Punch > Sigilyph

IC - Skye Hall/Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/Sleight/Eileen Alaric/Bounty/Jackson Sang/All - The Chamber of Innocence:

Skye looked at Dack with clear confusion and alarm. "'Bring me back'? I can't leave--not now!" She cupped her hands over her face, rubbing her eyes. "They don't understand . . . We can't stop this . . . for everyone's sake, we can't stop it . . ."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

There were some downsides to No Guard. For example, moves like Phantom Force don't hide you as well they normally did. When the Golurk disappeared, Lancelot could tell see a sort of general idea of where it was moving. While the attack would be darn near impossible to evade, it was also pretty hard to be taken by surprise by it. As he waited for the Golurk to reemerge, he positioned himself to withstand an attack from above. One thing he had noticed earlier that further made it easier to keep track of the Golurk was the small fire-type who had sniffed him out. After Odor Sleuth had been used, Lancelot noticed the Golurk seem more... 'solid'. That meant in theory, this next move should work. The force of the Golurk's Phantom Force was crushing, but Lancelot held out for his opportunity. He sidestepped slightly and pulled the Golurk down, and unleashed Counter on the Ghost-Ground Type. Lancelot felt his pincer dig into the Golurk's chest, and smiled.

Mordred's speed allowed him to dash away from the Confuse Rays directed himself and Galahad. Galahad however was not so lucky. Deciding that temporarily taking him out of the game was preferable than for the Togekiss to wildly attack with Aura Sphere, James retreated Galahad to wait out the confusion. Percival finally appeared onto the field, right behind his opposite number. Now that Galahad had done his job, it was time to make sure the other Chandelure was out of the match for good. Creating an eye of ghastly energy, Percival charged a Hex as much as he could before slamming it onto his opposite number.

Gawain saw the Aegislash approach. He could have taken the opportunity to try and attack again, but decided instead to use Bide. He took the massive hit mainly due to his typing, but Toxic was taking its toll on him.

At the same time, Flint stood behind Lucas. Charging his fist full of electric energy, he punched the back of Lucas's skull. The power of the attack was completely absorbed by Lucas and the strength of the attack Lucas was building skyrocketed further. The Monferno had been surprised when Claus told him what to do, but now he was beginning to understand.

Hades realized the general idea that Gawain and Claus were going for. Not sure what method, but they both needed time to unleash a powerful attack.

Follow my lead, Hades said to the rock.

The pair of Hades and Baccio dashed around the Klefki and Aegislash. Once they were on the other side of the pair, Hades launched Confuse Rays at both while Baccio followed up with Stone Edge. The goal not being so much to hit, but to corral them in the right direction. Right as he began to use Stone Edge, the Roggenrola began to grow and so did the stones coming out of the ground. A bright appeared, that when it dimmed, left behind a Boldore where the Roggenrola once was. Porky, upon seeing what his fellows were up to, used Flame Charge to start building his speed, dashing off to the side to prepare to help corral as needed.

The way the tie had been broken between Baccio and the Tranquill was by the lesser known property of Autotomize. Sure the speed was nice, but there were benefits to weighing next to nothing. The element of surprise needed would only work once, so he had to get it right. He waited for the Tranquil to attack him again with Air Cutter. The Tranquill moved just a bit closer, when Baccio made his move. Using Stone Edge to create a pillar right beneath, the Roggenrola propelled himself into the air. Reaching an altitude above the Tranquill, Baccio shot it down with four Rock Blasts.

That one had Cheren's attention. It wasn't quite as dynamic as the Explosion he had used with Roxie, but winning without going 'boom' was satisfying. Still the damage he had accrued throughout the fight meant that he too was better benched at this point. Which meant that effectively, they were both down to their final Pokemon

OOC:

Species: Boldore

Nickname: Baccio

Trainer: Claus Diamond

Appearance: Has a lot of sheen, much more than a normal Boldore. He has a diamond growing out of his head and shoulders instead of the average rock.

Personality: Baccio has a very Serious personality, and would prefer it if Claus took his duties seriously.

Ability: Sturdy

Specialty: Baccio likes to buff himself to as powerful a form as possible before fighting. Will explode as a last ditch resort.

Known Moves: Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Iron Defense, Automotize (Egg move), Explosion, Stone Edge

Battle Count: 9

Lancelot: Hit by Phantom Force; Counter > Golurk (auto-hit approved); Sadism activation

Mordred: Dodge; Swords Dance > Self

Galahad: Hit by Confuse Ray; Retreated

Percival: Hex > Chandelure

Gawain: Hit By Head Smash; Round 2 of Toxic; Bide

Hades: Confuse Ray > Aegislash, Klefki

Baccio: Evolve; Stone Edge

Porky: Flame Charge (no target; boosting speed)

Flint: Thunder Punch > Lucas

Lucas: Max Charge

Every image that Jamie recognized mad her blood boil more. Before the projection even appeared Jamie knew who it was. Of all the people that they were coming to rescue, Skye had to be first. Her mind reminded her of how Tristan looked in the immediate aftermath of Havoc. Needless to say, Jamie was not a happy camper. Skye's response didn't help.

"Don't give me that!" Jamie barked at the projection of Skye. "If anyone needs to be stopped for everyone's sake, it's Ford."

Pelleas let Jamie vent by yelling at Skye's projection. If the Spinarak was part of the projection, that meant her Pokemon were with her. That, and he wasn't exactly worried about Skye as an opponent. Better let her emotions out now while they aren't actually fighting anyone than let emotions cloud her judgement in battle.

"If you don't come up here right now, I am going to drag you back to Abyss myself and make you apologize to everyone!"

OOC:

Jamie: Rage > Skye

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

IC: Xander Cruize (Sylph, Astraea, Psyka) - Chamber of Treachery

Sylph saw the mirrored attacks coming towards her, knew she couldn't dodge them completely without teleporting, and that would leave her no chance to attack afterwards. Deciding for the offensive over the defensive, she formed a Moon Blast in her hand and lobbed it. It sailed between the two mirrored attacks, aimed at the Sigilyph. The Wobbufett would be too tough to handle while its allies were alive.

Astraea bounced (mostly) harmlessly off of the Claydol and paused for a second before it bent its top point towards the ground type. A torrent of high-pressure water shot forth. Psyka turned away from that opponent and glared at the group behind the Safeguard. Her blue eyes shined for a moment and she released a Psybeam concealed by the blasts of light that were being traded in that area. As soon as the attack was released, she started circling around the room to try and find another opportunity for attack.

Xander was not expecting an attack to be directed at him, let alone Dahlia. As the Confuse Ray hit, Xander reeled. The Psionic Burst that he had been building up shattered, and he was knocked to the floor. As he tried to rise, nausea and vertigo hit him; why was he suddenly so high up? He tried to remain perfectly still, lest he fall to his death.

Sylph: Moon Blast > Sigilyph

Astraea: Hydro Pump > Claydol

Psyka: Psybeam > Girafarig

Xander: Hurt himself in his confusion.

Edited by Carbevoir

IC: Evan Tierra gets Serious

"Now why are you lot focusing on just Jenny's pokemon?" Evan said, sounding a little irritated at everything going on. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm your enemy too!"

"I guess you need to give them reason to credit you as much of a threat as her then, eh?"

"Good idea. Probably the best you've had, you shadowy goofball."

The Plasma Agent pointed upwards, as he gave Hayes' pokemon a look that would make even an Arcanine flinch for a moment. "My Pokemon, they don't consider you a threat!" he said, trying to sound mocking as he did so. "They probably think if they take out Jenny's friends, that you'll be easy pickings. Show them how wrong they are!"

As Evan's words rang out, Behemoth saw Eelite dodge the Take Down. He lowered his tusks, a fiendish plan slowly forming in his head. He winked at the EleFish pokemon as he passed her. The Twin Tusk pokemon charged heedlessly at the Exploud, a reddish aura of power cloaking him. About the moment he made contact, he rose his head suddenly, heaving the Loud Noise pokemon up into the air as a result.

At Evan's command, Vlad regained his focus and narrowed his eyes. How dare they ignore him, a veritable showstopper, like that? He'd just have to bring down the house to get their attention. It was then he saw the Kricketune about to hit Scizlite. As far he could tell, that fool was the one he had to beat down first. Clacking his pincers, the Gliscor leapt into the air, aided by his Tailwind, and barely managed to barely get in front of Scizlite and take the attack with incredible aplomb thanks to his typing. Flashing his opponent with a menacing grin, the Gliscor began to unleash a flurry of Acrobatic strikes, hoping to both hit his foe, and that this could buy time for his friend to retreat or add her own voice to this symphony of savagery.

OOC: Ora ora ora ora ora!

IC: Continuing the battle

In her many years, Bertha's Hippowdon had seen many challengers. No matter how tough they were, her former master never really got fired up like this. She had her own way, just as Evan had his own. Regardless, he was right. It wasn't exactly sporting to ignore a grizzled veteran of her caliber. However, she knew she couldn't exactly move as quickly as her teammates. However, she did have a way to support everyone, even though it'd inconvenience a few of them. Taking a deep breath, the Hippowdon began to release sand from the ports on her body with a great roar stirring them up, causing it to whip through the air. She knew that she'd have to deal with any pokemon that came after her, but that would happen in due time, and she would be ready.

At the sight of the Sandstorm being conjured by the Hippowdon, Lazengann suddenly felt fleet of feet, flashing a confident grin as he looked for a target to exploit his incredible sand-given speed with. He saw that Wigglytuff was preoccupied with Scizlite for some reason. While he couldn't stop it from meddling with the Scissors pokemon, due to the protect, he could definitely try to knock it off it's high horse. The Drill pokemon rushed towards the Balloon pokemon, his metal "helmet's" spiral pattern glowing white as he leapt up and charged at the barrier around his target, with the power of a Horn Drill backing him up. Whether it cracked or not, was up to luck. Lazengann hoped that his luck would prevail over his enemy's....

Monstro growled at Evan's words, clearly very angry, that despite the situation, these opponents weren't taking advantage of his weakness. The Mud Fish would see that they pay for that dearly. He threw a roar at Gnip, telling her what he was planning, The Mach Pokemon nodded in reply, and waited for him to make his move. Monstro grinned as he noticed that Vlad had the nuisance who destroyed his almighty wall last, a little distracted at the moment. He then roared loudly, conjuring another shining wall of light. It wasn't flawless, but it'd at least prevent too much collateral damage. He couldn't wait to see what happened next, to those who would underestimate him and his friends.

At the sound of Monstro's Wide Guard being summoned, Gnip reacted with incredible speed. She had eyes only for one pokemon: that infernal Bronzong. She didn't know how he could withstand her flames, but could it take what she was going to dish out? As soon as she drew closer to the Broozne Bell pokemon, she pounced, knocking the Bronzong, her along with it, to the ground right where she wanted it. As they were falling, Gnip took a deep breath, readying herself for her next move. As soon as they made contact with the ground, she released one of her earthshaking roars, with the Broonzong at the epicenter. The Wide Guard ensured the shockwaves wouldn't hurt her friends, or her other master's pokemon too badly.. She knew the battle would be far from over, at this point, but maybe their foes would actually take them seriously for once.....

OOC:

Behemoth: Super Powered heave > Exploud
Vlad: Block Brick Break, retaliate with Acrobatics > Kricketune
Hippowdon: Trigger Sand Stream > Battlefield
Lazengann: Horn Drill > Wigglytuff's Protect
Monstro: Wide Guard (65% power due to being spread out) > All Allies
Gnip: Pouncing Earthquake >  Bronzong and anyone nearby

Edited by Hades

Jenny took in everything that was happening with a deep breath, as she wondered how everyone was doing. She noticed her now-sleeping Gyarados, as it finally succumbed to the Hypnosis attacks. She was tempted to recall the sleeping Gyarados, but decided to leave her on the field to wait and see what would happen. She glanced around at the others, and then nodded as a plan began to form with the sight of the Wide Guard...

Boarlite took notice as the Chimecho launched off an electric wave toward her, and tried to get away. Not wanting the little wind chime to get out of her reach, the fire boar pushed herself from the ground, aiming to launch toward Chimecho with open arms. Flying right through the Thunder Wave, the Emboar surrounded herself with more flames as she continued to use the Heat Crash. Her plan was simple; she'd use the Tail Wind herself, to fly right to the Chimecho, and then flip to let the chime take the attack that the Jynx had launched. She felt it was a perfect plan, as she attempted to close her around around the Chimecho once close enough...

Eelite had leaped into the air the moment that she saw the Exploud begin to run toward her. She was surprised at the Exploud's speed, having taken it to have been the same speed as herself, but her quick reactions had actually barely saved her. She noticed as Behemoth aimed to attack the rampaging loudmouth and that it probably would be knocked into the air. In preparation for that, the Eelektross prepared a Headbutt, aimed to send the Exploud right back down to the ground when it was level with her.

Lurelite was surprised when she had been spared another attack, but noticed that Boarlite was the more imminent threat to the Jynx's plans. The Chandelure decided to take advantage of that, as she summoned a Shadow Ball from the shadows, and launched it at the psychic Pokemon's back while she was distracted by the other two. The ghost-type had noticed that her attacks were otherwise not as useful, so she decided to take it up a notch here.

Scizlite's eyes widened as she felt her Bullet Punch become disabled, and noted with a wave of relief that it wasn't Aerial Ace, or this fight would have become a lot tougher than it already was. Her eyes glinted as she let out an extra wide smile when Vlad showed up. She decided to take advantage of the distraction that the Kricketune was likely facing at that moment, and utilized Vlad's Tail Wind to her own advantage. She attempted to speed around with Quick Attack to where there was an open space between the new Wide Guard and the bug, and tried to strike out with Aerial Ace against the speedy cricket. She knew that the bug would attempt something in the process, so she was prepared if the bug tried to get away this time.

Sandlite had been biding her time since the Wigglytuff had set up a Protect around herself. However, with the advent of the Sandstorm and the Quick Guard, she knew her time had come. With a shout from Jenny that the Krookodile didn't even need to hear, the Ground/Dark type clenched her fists and roared out, as she slammed them into the ground. Thanks to the Wide Guard, she knew that the Pokemon on her side would not take as much damage as they could, and that she could actually let loose. She wished that someone had targeted her before this, but beggars couldn't be choosers. She unleashed as strong of an Earthquake as she could muster up for that moment, attempting to spread the love around to every one of Hayes' Pokemon, in retaliation for everything the psychic had inflicted on her group of friends.

OOC:

Gyaralite: Sleeping

Boarlite: Continuing Heat Crash > Chimecho (Trying to use it as a shield against Hidden Power)

Eelite: Dodging Exploud, Headbutt > Exploud

Lurelite: Shadow Ball > Jynx

Scizlite: Quick Attack (Movement Only), Aerial Ace > Kricketune

Sandlite: Earthquake > Everyone (Allied side damage weakened a lot because of Wide Guard)

Sudowoodo: Sucker Punch > Samurott (Stunned)

Banette: Will-o-Wisp > Tyranitar

Beheeyem: Teleport > Self, Miracle Eye > Tyranitar

Gothitelle: Protect > Self, Helping Hand > Sudowoodo

Mismagius: Double Team > Self, Perish Song > ?

Abomasnow: Ice Punch > Simisage, Ice Beam > Excadrill

Ryan's mouth curved downward, as things had definitely gone badly for the party in this situation. Still - there was still a chance, they just needed to be careful. He glanced across the battlefield, taking in the different attacks, and what he could do. "Tyranitar, block the Will-O-Wisp, then attack again! Sammy, keep up your assault, same with you Porygon-Z!"

The Tyranitar whirled around at the warning, and barely had time to summon the Stone Edge to block the Banette's Will-o-Wisp. The rock type was worried about the persistence of the ghost, and kicked out at the stone to send large chunks at Voodoo. He was mostly trying to keep the ghost on its figurative feet while he thought up a better plan, since he didn't think that he could get the ghost into Crunch range.

Sammy the Samurott counted her lucky stars that Suya had been there, and barked out a quick word of thanks to the Victreebel. However, she didn't hesitate too long, as she knew that the Sudowoodo would not be stunned for long. Sammy launched forward, and slashed out to use Razor Shell with her seamitar. She aimed to land at least one big hit before the Sudowoodo could recover, especially since she had a feeling that one good hit would result in bad news for her.

As the barrier of Protect went up around Doll, Porygon-Z floated in place, hovering up and down as it waited for the barrier to go down. It ran as many calculations as it could in the amount of time that it had, and then tried to fire off another Signal Beam the moment the Protect went down, as it figured that it would not have another chance to do so; at least with such a chance it had right now.

The two Pokemon who were fighting Ent were not having the time of their lives at the moment. Excadrill was hit out of attack as the Ice Beam slammed into his right arm and leg, and Simisage's eyes widened as the Abomasnow froze over his own right hand. The Excadrill struggled to stand up, as the Simisage nimbly landed, a look of uncertainty on his face, as he knew that the ice was deadly with that Abomasnow still able to move. Simisage squealed out for Excadrill to get back, as the grass monkey attempted to draw the aggression from the abominable tree. He jumped around, and attempted to strike Ent from behind with another Acrobatics, though this time just to act as a distraction so Excadrill could get away until the ice thawed out.

All the while, Anna the Natu watched with a slowly growing crestfallen look on her face. Her friends were getting hurt, and her only real contribution had been outright negated. The Natu hopped around a bit, as her head turned from one opponent to another. Finally, the Natu closed her eyes, as the bird knew that she needed to do something to help out here. With a pause, she opened her eyes, as she recalled the Xatu that the evil one who took away her orange haired friend had. The tiny bird wondered if maybe the extra power that went with being a Xatu might help them here, and closed her eyes, as she could almost feel the memories of the previous hard-fought fights washing over her, as if it were casting a warmth on her...

Ryan glanced over to Anna, and then a surprised look fell on his face. A glow surrounded her for a brief moment, and the bird opened her eyes, now able to stand tall as a Xatu. The newly-evolved Xatu seemed surprised at how her form felt, but nodded in understanding, as she focused, and called forth an Ominous Wind that might be able to hit the Beheeyem that had teleported away from Tyranitar.

OOC:

Tyranitar: Stone Edge > Banette (Used for blocking, then shattered into some chunks to attack with.)

Samurott: Razor Shell > Sudowoodo

Porygon-Z: Signal Beam > Gothitelle (Waiting for Protect to fall)

Excadrill: Trying to move away with two frozen limbs

Simisage: Acrobatics > Abomasnow (Using left hand, acting as distraction)

Natu > Xatu: Evolution, Ominous Wind > Beheeyem

-==IC: Chloe/Colette==-

The two Liberty trainers had not met this young girl before, so up until this point, they had let the ones who knew her better speak. However, when Skye kept talking about how things were to be better, Colette frowned in confusion. The aura wielder wondered just what could be made better by Ford not being stopped here, and thought about how the others had seemed to say similar things. She kept quiet, however, as she didn't want to startle the girl who just seemed... out of place among the rest of Ford's minions. She just seemed too innocent for the madman's schemes, compared to any of the others before, who had either seemed exhausted and tired, or angry, or just... overconfident. She shuddered at the memory of how McKinley had acted.

Chloe, on the other hand, took a step forward curiously, as the girl's actions and what she had said intrigued her. "Um, hello there... My name is Chloe. I don't mean to interrupt your talk with everyone else, but... why can't you stop things, or leave? How is it for everyone's sake?" She tried to choose her wording carefully, as she figured that this might be a chance to get some information about what was going on... and why McKinley seemed so... confident. However, she had a feeling that Jamie's outburst might backfire in that case, and glanced over at her curiously. Wasn't this the person that Jamie wanted to help?

Edited by Destined Blade

OOC: Baccio's evolution approved.

IC: James Arthur (Galahad, Gawain, Mordred, Lancelot, Perceival, Agravain)/Claus Diamond (Hades, Flint, Baccio, Porky, Lucas)/Jared Winters (Styx, Anubis)
COFAGRIGUS/GOLURK/PORYGON-Z/CHANDELURE/KLEFKI/AEGISLASH - The Chamber of Authority:

Porygon-Z was not upset that his attack had been so easily dispersed. Instead, the Digital Pokémon analyzed the Lucario's movements: the length of his strides, the way he wielded both bone and aura sword, his reflexes to the previous Tri-Attack. With cold calculation, Porygon-Z sought the weak point in Anubis' defenses. It staggered back when the bone collided with its body but nevertheless continued to lock onto its target. Even as it ran through its analysis, the Porygon-Z spared a bit of memory to Recover itself from the Lucario's attack.

The Cofagrigus snickered as the Razor Wind phased through its ethereal body. The winds may have blown away his first Will-O-Wisp, but it would take time for the Absol to charge up another wind. The Cofagrigus used this opportunity to form another wisp and send the ghostly flames at his opponent.

The Golurk cringed as Lancelot countered its attack. But the Automaton Pokémon wasn't about to go down without a fight. Winding up a fist, the Golurk struck out at the Scizor with a Dynamic Punch.

Klefki ducked under Aegislash's shield and quickly Crafted a Shield to block the Confuse Rays. The Stone Edge did nothing to deter Aegislash, who instead focused on striking Gawain with another Head Smash. The steel/ghost type knew the dangers of Gawain unleashing his stored up energy, and thus aimed to knock out the poisoned Swampert before it got to that point.

Porygon-Z: Hit by Bone Rush; Lock-On > Anubis; Recover > Self
Cofagrigus: Phased through Razor Wind; Will-O-Wisp > Styx
Golurk: Hit by Counter; Dynamic Punch > Lancelot
Chandelure: Hit by Hex; asleep
Klefki: Crafty Shield > Self and Aegislash
Aegislash: Hit by Stone Edge; Head Smash > Gawain

IC: Jenny Hakuda (Gyaralite, Lurelite, Scizlite, Eelite, Sandlite)/Evan Tierra (Vlad, Monstro, Hippowdon, Gnip, Lazengann, Behemoth)
BRONZONG/EXPLOUD/WIGGLYTUFF/JYNX/KRICKETUNE/CHIMECHO - The Chamber of Promise:

Getting hurled into the air by a mammoth is usually a bad thing, especially when an electric eel is waiting at the top. But Exploud couldn't help but grin at the timing, as its sudden flight kept it safe from the earthquakes down below. Of course, it was entirely possible for there to still be aftershocks once Exploud landed. That’s why the Loud Noise Pokémon greeted Eelite's Headbutt with a massive hug. As the flying Exploud began its decent, it took the electric eel down with it. Wide Guard aside, Eelite would still take massive damage from the quakes if Exploud managed to ground her. It was an impromptu cadenza. As they fell, Exploud sank its teeth into Eelite, using Ice Fang for good measure.

Like a shooting star, Bronzong and Gnip crashed to the ground. But the impact was nothing compared to the Earthquakes that followed. The force of Gnip's roar was so great, Bronzong hardly noticed Sandlite's simultaneous quake. As the Bronze Bell Pokémon's world shook, it sent out a mental command. When at last the tremors subsided, Bronzong flexed its metal arms with a sforzando bell tone and unleashed a burst of stored energy, giving the Shooting-Star Dragon her due Payback.

The Emboar was relentless. Chimecho barely had time to throw up a Protect before the fire pig crashed. While the psychic-type was safe from damage, it was not safe from Boarlite grabbing the protective shield and slamming it into Jynx's Hidden Power. Chimecho was less concerned with almost getting hit, instead focusing on Bronzong's mental command. From within its shield, Chimecho began to glow with energy. It was time for a tempo change.

Kricketune was not expecting the Gliscor to jump in at the last second. The first several dozen Acrobatic punches caught the bug-type off guard, as did the twin quakes. However, Kricketune easily adjusted its stance and started to meet Vlad's pincers with its own scythe-like arms. The blades served not only to mitigate the damage from the flurry of punches, but also used Vlad's speed against him. The subtle glow of Kricketune's arms was the only indication of the activated Night Slash. For every punch of Vlad's pincers, Kricketune's sharp arms dealt a minute amount of damage. The effect was barely noticeable at first, but in a poco a poco crescendo, after several hundred high-speed punches the passive Night Slash began to take its toll on the fang scorp. When Scizlite struck with her Aerial Ace, Kricketune only needed to shift one arm to guard against the attack.

Wigglytuff saw the spiral of glowing energy that was Lazengann and drew a deep breath. The Excadrill struck the protective shield with enough force to shatter it, but at the cost of the Subterrene Pokémon's momentum. Wigglytuff was ready. The moment the shield was down, the Balloon Pokémon exhaled, spewing out a white-hot Flamethrower. Even as the earth shook around her, Wigglytuff sustained her attack in a powerful fermata.

Jynx was too distracted with Boarlite to notice Lurelite until the Shadow Ball hit her in the back. The ice-type twirled around and fired a Shadow Ball of her own in response, her movements a fluid legato. She only stumbled after the Shadow Ball had left her hands, when the Earthquakes struck.

Energy shot forth from Chimecho, warping the field around the combatants. Fast became slow, and slow became fast. The Chamber of Promise had become a Trick Room.

Bronzong: Hit by Earthquakes; Payback > Gnip
Exploud: Dodges Earthquakes by being hurled in the air; hit by Headbutt; Bear Hug + Ice Fang > Eelite (dragging Eelite down with it)
Kricketune: Hit by Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, and Earthquakes; Passive Night Slash > Vlad (with minimal damage to Scizlite, as Aerial Ace is not a continuous attack)
Wigglytuff: Protect shattered from Horn Drill; hit by Earthquakes; Flamethrower > Lazengann
Jynx: Hit by Shadow Ball and Earthquakes; Shadow Ball > Lurelite
Chimecho: Protect > Self, blocks Heat Crash and Hidden Power; Trick Room > Battlefield

IC: Dahlia - The Chamber of Treachery
Lights exploded in front of her eyes. The world spun around her.

Dahlia fell to one knee, her face set in a grimace as she tried to fight the disorientating effects of the Confuse Ray. Unlike Xander, she hadn't brought her powers into play yet, but she knew that now would be a bad time to start. In some faraway memory, she heard Ryan Sanders explaining how his limited powers of Reverse had allowed him to Reverse the effects of status conditions on his Pokémon. Dahlia had never practiced that aspect of her powers, nor did she have any idea if her powers had even manifested themselves in that way. But right now it seemed like her best option. The gardener took a deep breath and tried to tap into her powers of Reverse; but between the battle raging around her and her own vertigo, Dahlia felt like she was getting nowhere.

If Dracos could speak, he would have cursed. His Safeguard had extended only to the Pokémon fighting in the battle, not to the human trainers. And it was thanks to his oversight that both Dahlia and Xander were now incapacitated. Narrowing his eyes at the assaulter, the Dragonair used ExtremeSpeed to dash over to the Xatu. Upon reaching the psychic bird, Dracos let his fury at his own mistake manifest itself in a violent Outrage.

Coco spared a glance at Dahlia and hesitated. While the Buneary was certainly capable of fighting on her own without direction, the fact that Dahlia had been targeted in the first place was enough to cause Coco to worry. For a moment she wondered if she should abandon the Claydol to defend her trainer. But Dahlia had other Pokémon to protect her, and McKinley's team needed to be taken down as quickly as possible. Turning back to her opponent, Coco readied another Ice Punch and darted forward.

Asriel should have seen the Confuse Ray coming. He should have protected Dahlia. But disaster had struck and, like so many disasters before, Asriel had been powerless to stop it. The Absol uttered a low growl and leapt toward the Xatu, his scythe brimming with the dark energy of a Night Slash.

Coco: Ice Punch > Claydol
Dracos: ExtremeSpeed (for movement), Outrage > Xatu
Asriel: Night Slash > Xatu
Dahlia: incapacitated by confusion

A wry smile played on Dack's lips. "Whether you're doing the right thing in helping Ford is inconsequential. It doesn't change the fact that you abandoned your friends. I did the same thing when I joined Team Rocket, and believe me, I paid the price." Dack felt his face flush as he became suddenly aware of Sleight's presence in the room. Regardless, he pressed on. "Jamie's already made it clear she doesn't like your decision, and Ethan and Gavin are doing everything in their power to stop Ford and bring you home. Do you really trust Ford more than those who would call you a friend? Have you even looked at Ford's allies? An impeached president, a couple of terrorists, and a crazy dude with an eyepatch. What was it exactly that made you side with these guys over Jamie and the others?"

Dack: Guilt-trip > Skye

Edited by Konuju

IC: Jared "Mercury" Winter(Anubis/Styx) - Chamber of Authority

Anubis rushed the Porygon-Z again, attacking with another Bone Rush. Satisfyingly, he chained five attacks together against the pesky opponent. Still, the creature was left standing. He'd have to remedy that soon.

Styx roared, rushing at the Cofagrigus. He dodged all the Wisps he could, but a few still smoldered in what little fur he had and blistered the skin. He slashed forward, his blade wreathed in the darkness of a Night Slash.

Jared had closed his eyes, fighting against the pull of Mercury's influence as he kept Styx on the leash. He could feel sweat on his forehead, knew he couldn't hold out indefinitely, but didn't know where the breaking point was. If they didn't end this soon, Mercury might be the one walking out of this.

Anubis: Bone Rush (5 hits approved by Kon) > Porgyon-Z

Styx: Night Slash > Cofagrigus

James casually dropped Galahad's Pokeball back down to the ground. Enough time had elapsed that Galahad should have regained his bearings and be ready to rejoin the fray.

Percival couldn't quite tell what sort of unconsciousness that the other Chandelure was in and decided to use Hex once again to be safe.

As the Dynamic Punch approached Lancelot, he adopted a defensive stance. When the fist was close enough, he thrust both of his claws forward to meet it. Using the fullness of his strength, he pushed back on the Golurk to keep it from squishing him. While they were connected, Mordred hopped on top of the Golurk's arm and ran up it to smash him in the face with Ice Punch.

Problem with using Bide was that dodging wasn't exactly an easy thing to do while focusing so much power. Fortunately, Gawain was not the only one fighting the Aegislash. Baccio and Porky both rushed the Aegislash with Stone Edge and Flame Charge respectively to try and knock the Steel-Ghost off course more than to deal damage.

Flint looked between Lucas and Claus trying to decide if he should try and interfere with Aegislash or to continue activating Lucas's Lightning Rod. With a glance to Claus, the trainer mouthed a command, and Flint once more began to Taunt. His previous Taunt would have worn off by about now and he needed to try and get the Aegislash to attack him and more importantly not protecting itself from what they had planned. Seeing what Flint was up to, Hades throw a Night Shade at Klefki to try to keep it focused on itself.

OOC:

Lancelot: Stopping Dynamic Punch;

Mordred: Ice Punch > Golurk;

Galahad: Sent back out;

Percival: Hex > Chandelure;

Gawain: Bide; Round 3 of Toxic;

Hades: Night Shade > Klefki

Porky: Flame Charge > Aegislash;

Baccio: Stone Edge > Aegislash;

Flint: Taunt > Aegislash;

IC - Skye Hall/Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/Sleight/Eileen Alaric/Bounty/Jackson Sang/All - The Chamber of Innocence:

Skye fell silent for some time, her gaze seeming to focus on something in the distance. Above the group, several of the broadcast memories went blank, replaced by black and static. A green symbol briefly flashed across the crystal.

"It was drawn to us by our cruelty and conflict," she said at last. "What would you have done if words couldn't stop the war?"

Skye's projection broke apart, leaving the room in silence.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"'It was drawn to us by our cruelty and conflict,'" Richard quietly repeated to himself. He'd need to remember that line. It'd make a good addition to the ballad.

The plot thickens, he considered to himself.

Richard knew he shouldn't be enjoying this, especially not while Hades and Claus were fighting for their lives above him, but the scenario proved too tempting for the bard not to stretch his imagination. His hand tightened around the violin case's handle. He had to put it away because Hades wasn't there to carry the case, but he itched to play it.

"Mrgrgr, how dare she brush us off," Jamie said, her face still clearly mad. "Just leaving us with nonsense. Not even giving me a real response."

Pelleas walked out in front of Jamie grabbed both of her arms. He signaled to her that she needed to take a deep breath before continuing on. She wasn't happy about it, but Jamie complied and eventually found something close to calm again.

"We need to keep moving," Jamie said matter-of-factly.

IC: James Arthur (Galahad, Gawain, Mordred, Lancelot, Perceival, Agravain)/Claus Diamond (Hades, Flint, Baccio, Porky, Lucas)/Jared Winters (Styx, Anubis)

Critical failure.

Porygon-Z stuttered in midair as the bone struck its electrified body again and again. It took all of the Digital Pokémon's energy to maintain the Lock-On. When at last it detected a pause in the attack, Porygon-Z directed all of its power into a Zap Cannon. With its remaining energy, Porygon-Z darted backwards, trusting the burst of electricity would slow Anubis down enough to allow an escape to give it time to recover.

Even with the burn weakening the attack, the Night Slash still stung. Cofagrigus didn't mind, however, as the Absol's ability became Mummified. With a devilish cackle, the coffin conjured up a dark energy to Disable the Night Slash.

Golurk felt its face become coated in ice. While one fist pushed back against Lancelot, trying to squash the annoying bug, the other fist reached up to swat Mordred away with a Fire Punch. The heat of the flames engulfing Golurk's fist also served to melt the ice that had formed on its face.

Chandelure woke up to a world of pain. It felt very close to falling back into the realm of unconsciousness. A dull glow appeared in the Chandelure's eyes as it turned around to face its opponent. A similar glow appeared around Perceival as Pierce's Chandelure attempted to regain some of its health with Pain Split.

Klefki saw Hades' Night Shade and freaked out, throwing a Protective shield around itself and Aegislash. The shield had the added benefit of blocking Porky and Baccio's attacks, but it was too late to stop the monkey's taunt. Aegislash brandished itself and flew toward Flint, hitting Gawain out of the way. Klefki gasped and struggled to keep up with the flying sword while also maintaining the Protect around the two of them. As Aegislash approached Flint, it lowered itself, preparing to slash out with Sacred Sword.

Porygon-Z: Lock-On'd Zap Cannon > Anubis
Cofagrigus: hit by Night Slash; Mummy > Styx; Disable > Styx (Night Slash)
Golurk: pushing back against Lancelot, hit by Ice Punch; Fire Punch > Mordred
Chandelure: wakes up; Pain Split > Perceival
Klefki: Protect > Self and Aegislash
Aegislash: fell for Taunt; Sacred Sword > Gawain (in passing) and Flint

Dack stood in silence for a moment, pondering Skye's words. Then he turned and nodded to Jamie. "You're right. The real Skye is further down there. And next time, she won't be able to just disappear like that." Even as he started to head toward the next tunnel, Dack couldn't help but wonder just what Skye had meant.

Ryan bit his lip. He didn't know too much about this Skye person, but her innocence almost reminded him of Ellen in a way. However, both Skye and Ellen were pushed from his mind as he slowly walked across the chamber. He knew who awaited them in the next room. And every step he took was harder than the last. Ryan took a deep breath. He had lost his cool with Hayes. He didn't know if he was ready to face Sonja. A thousand scenarios ran through his mind. Would she just disappear on him like Skye had done to Jamie? Would she try to fight him like the first four 'Children' had done? Would she even listen to what he had to say? What would he say?

At the entrance to the tunnel Ryan paused. The next room offered him one chance to make things right. He couldn't afford to mess it up. But he was finding it increasingly difficult to gather his thoughts. His stomach felt twisted worse than a Tangela.

Jayron laid a hand on his shoulder. "You feeling alright, Sanders?"

Ryan nodded, although the expression on his face said otherwise. "...Skye didn't want to be rescued," he said after a while. "I'm just worried about what the others will say. Ellen and Ray and... S-Sonja."

Jayron nodded toward Dack and Jamie, who were already several paces down the tunnel. "They're not giving up on Skye," the executive said calmly. "So you shouldn't give up on your friends, either. Or do you want Dahlia, Xander, and the others to be fighting in vain?"

Ryan closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "You're right," he said, giving Jayron a brief smile. After all, as far as Sonja's concerned... he thought to himself as he began to painstakingly make his way down the tunnel. It's not like I can make things any worse.

Jared "Mercury" Winter(Anubis/Styx) - Chamber of Authority

Anubis raised his bone staff to try and deflect the Zap Cannon. It worked, for the most part. He took a bit of the shock, but the staff absorbed most of it. Unfortunately, said staff then crumbled into nothing. Anubis was panting from exertion, but he had to finish this. He raised his aura-crafted sword and lunged forward in an attempt to spear through the opponent.

Styx felt something shift in himself, but couldn't quite place what it was. With a low snarl, he lunged at the Cofagrigus again. His Night Slash didn't seem to be working, so he formed a Shadow Rush around himself as he drew closer to the ghost type.

Jared glared at his double across the mind space. "One fight," he said. "One. After we're done in this place, you release control and stay silent."

Mercury grinned. Too widely, it made him look fake, or sick, or crazy. "You have yourself a deal, Jared. I'll take what I can get and not push my luck."

Mercury opened his eyes and grinned manically. "Let's do this, then," he muttered.

Anubis: Aura sword > Porygon-Z

Styx: Shadow Rush > Cofagrigus

Edited by Carbevoir

As the Trick Room effect washed over the room, Vlad felt his body feel sluggish in comparison to before. It felt like, combined with the minute Night Slashes he was enduring, that he was now the one on the defense, rather than the one striking. He had to think of a way to deal with this, lest he be the one lying on the ground. Feeling a spark of genius flare up in his mind, the Fang Scorp lunged towards his foe, pincers clacking as he performed a Swords Dance to get out of reach of the Kricketune, inviting her to take her best shot at it. He'd definitely assist when he saw an open moment, but Scizlite was better off in whatever was going on right now.....

Gnip was struck back by the Payback, panting as she knelt on one knee. She wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but her normally light body felt unbearably heavy. The Mach Pokemon couldn't think of much else she could do in this situation, especially with everything else going on. She could only watch as the Bronze Bell poke floated up again, clearly mocking the Shooting Star Dragon with it's trick room-boosted mobility. Gnip snarled in reply, deciding to slow down a bit. The battlefield had changed, and she needed to adapt to it. She had to listen and wait, for the proper moment to strike....

However, to another one of Gnip's comrades, this was a time to act, as he leapt in front of Gnip. Standing tall and proud, albeit with a frozen right forelimb, was Monstro, who looked absolutely gleeful at his newfound speediness and dexterity in this battlefield. The Mud Fish grinned at the enemy before him, as he started to rush forward. He knew very well he couldn't catch it off guard in the traditional way, but he could do it like this! Growling, Monstro raised his frozen forelimb, and started to rush at the Bronzong, aiming to use Hammer Arm to both free his limb, and inflict serious damage.

If any of Evan's team would be said to be the most affected by the tempo shift, it was Lazengann. The Drill pokemon had been blasted away by the Wigglytuff's Flamethrower, leaving his fur singed and scorched in places, and his drill helmet looking smoky.  As he laid upon the floor, he felt this was the end of the line for him, at least for this fight. Lazengann shut his eyes, falling unconscious as Evan recalled his friend, glaring at his undoer as he did so.

The Hippowdon had seen enough, and decided that she would take matters into her non-existent hands. She expected at least one pokemon would try to hit her, but of course, she was probably asking too much for that. She would just have make an enemy out of one of them. What caught her gaze, was her new master's anger at a Wigglytuff. Seeing that this balloon was causing a bit of a problem, the Heavyweight Pokemon decided to direct a hearty yawn at her, hoping that she would decide to take a load off. After all, battling was a tiring pastime, no matter how old one was.

Behemoth looked all around, seeing just how chaotic things had gotten. With just one attack, everything had gone from anarchy to downright bonkers. The Twin Tusk Pokemon started to chill the air around himself, readying an ice shard. Everyone here needed to chill out, especially their foes. As the chunks and spears of ice formed around him, the Mamoswine snorted. Even if he hit his friends, he hoped they wouldn't hold it against him. Those thoughts echoed through him, as he sent an assortment of ice chunks flying everywhere, heedless of who they hit....

OOC:

Vlad: Swords Dance > Self to evade Kricketune
Gnip: Watching and listening
Monstro: Hammer Arm > Bronzong
Lazengann: Unable to fight
Hippowdon: Yawn > Wigglytuff
Behemoth: All-out Ice Shard  > Friends and foes alike

IC - Ethan Worth (Suya, Céris, Tox)/Ryan Hikari (Natu, Excadrill, Simisage, Tyranitar, Porygon-Z, Samurott)
SUDOWOODO/BANETTE/BEHEEYEM/GOTHITELLE/MISMAGIUS/ABOMASNOW - The Chamber of Isolation:

What to do, what to do . . . Ethan scanned the battlefield, searching for an opening in Quincy's ranks. Seeing the situation with Ent, he turned to Céris. "Buddy, help out Simisage and Excadrill!"

Céris nodded. He charged forward, his speed boosted by Agility. Ahead of him, Simisage's Acrobatics knocked Ent forward, drawing out a growl of frustration from the Frost Tree Pokémon. It whipped around, aiming another Ice Punch at the grass monkey. Céris arrived just as Ent threw his punch. The Scizor lashed out with one claw and then the other, first striking Ent's arm and knocking his aim a foot to the right, and then with a spin, drove his other claw into the back of Ent's head, slamming him into the ground. Céris glared, snapping his claws in a challenge at Ent as the Frost Tree Pokémon pushed itself back up. His already-burly arms seemed to grow even thicker as he rose.

With that situation taken care of for the moment, Ethan returned his gaze to the rest of the field. 

Voodoo performed a gratuitous flip as he phased through the Stone Edge with Phantom Force. He reappeared a moment later behind Tyranitar, grinning and slashing at the Armor Pokémon with doll-like claws. Inflicting damage did not appear to be his main concern, however, given the sickly-pale light around his hands that seemed to signal something else and the squinted gaze on his face as he fought through the sand billowing around his target.

Mental calculations ran both ways, and Doll could tell that Porygon-Z was up to something. Her suspicions proved to be true when her shield dissipated and she was immediately knocked back by a Signal Beam. Her wait had allowed her time to prepare, however, and she was able to strike back with a reflection of the attack via Mirror Coat.

Samurott struck just as Chan was beginning to push himself up. This appeared to frustrate the weakened Pokémon even further, as he slammed a hand into the crystalline floor before struggling to finally rise to his feet. As he prepared to retaliate with Wood Hammer, he was suddenly doused with a combination of Stun Spore and Gastro Acid from Suya.  At the same that he felt his head lighten, no longer naturally protected from recoil moves, Chan also felt his muscles locking up on him.

From his new position, Wizard had begun to prepare a Psychic attack to launch at Tyranitar, but stopped when he felt first the approach of, and then the force of Xatu's Ominous Wind. Though the attack caught him off guard, he did not appear all that perturbed by it. Instead, he simply responded with a series of Thunderbolts from his fingertips.

Elsewhere, Tox was recovering from his failed attack on Wizard. An idea popped into Ethan's mind. "Tox! Come here, would you?" Though perplexed, the Beedrill hurried back to his trainer. Ethan pulled a small bag from his backpack, placing something in it and tying it around the Beedrill's waist. He nodded to the ceiling. "See how Mismagius is just floating around?" Tox nodded. "I want you to do the same. As soon as I give the order, I want you to drop this on the center of the room. Got it?" Tox nodded again. Ethan smiled. "Good. In that case, go forth--fast." After taking a moment to use Agility, Tox took off again, watching the battle from above. Ethan turned to Ryan. "Hey, Hikari! Try to get Abomasnow into the center of the room, will you?"

As he stood up, Ethan glanced again at the horde of Mismagius copies crowding above them. They would need to take care of that. He pulled a Poké Ball off of his belt and lobbed it into the fray. "Kada, Leaf Storm, up top!" The Torterra emerged onto the field with a loud thud and took a moment to gather his bearings in the strange environment. After a moment, he steeled himself. A flurry of leaves erupted around him, which he directed at Witch and her many clones. The results were instantaneous, as dozens of Mismagius vanished in the blink of an eye, dispelled by the attack, though Witch herself seemed mostly unharmed. Annoyed beyond comprehension, she retaliated with an ear-piercing shriek against her opponents.

Céris: Double Hit > Ent

Ent: Ice Punch > Simisage (blocked), Growth > Self

Voodoo: Phantom Force/Cursed Body > Tyranitar

Doll: Mirror Coat (Signal Beam) > Porygon-Z

Suya: Gastro Acid > Chan, Stun Spore > Chan

Chan: Stunned

Wizard: Thunderbolt > Xatu

Tox: Agility > Self, Item Drop > ?

Kada: Leaf Storm > Witch copies

Witch: Screech > Ethan/Ryan Teams

IC - The Chamber of Grievance:

For all the grief it was causing Ryan, there was not much new to say about the next chamber. This one was pink in color, which only served to emphasize the negative emotion in the memories that played around them. Kyle's eye was drawn to a snapshot of the Castelia incident, which melted into images of the news reports for the devastation that Kyurem and Palkia had caused throughout the southeast portion of Unova. All around, it was much the same--scenes of chaos and frustration that Sonja had witnessed: The conflict in Opelucid City; the Liberty Ball; their pass through Ecruteak; the run in with Madison Hayes in Fortree City . . .

There were no happy memories to be seen.

Her projection reflected the unyielding weights that had pulled her down for so long. Her shoulders drooped, her eyes shone dull and unhappy, and her mouth cut across her face in a straight line. The expression on her face was one of clear annoyance and irritation, a short gaze cast upon the group before her accompanied by a leveling sigh. Something red flashed on the wall behind her for a split second, obscured by her eye.

"You're here," Sonja said flatly. "All of you." She shook her head. "You never give up, do you?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Ryan/Dack/Paul/Jayron - The Chamber of Grievance
Ryan forced himself to look not at the memories but at the girl who stood before him. "Sonja..." He cautiously stepped toward the projection, his heart pounding. The irritation in her eyes cut into him like daggers, but he did not falter at the piercing. He knew he deserved her wrath. For a long moment he studied her face. Her pain. He had added unnecessary burden. And seeing her current state made his next words all the more sincere.

"I'm sorry."

Everyone else felt suddenly far away. It was just himself and Sonja. He wanted to collapse but forced himself to keep standing. This needed to be said.

"I'm sorry for everything. You've suffered so much more than I could even fathom, and instead of recognizing that, I . . . I was selfish. I was ignorant, and arrogant, and stupid. You have every right to be angry with me." As Ryan spoke, the weight of his own burden became evident in his features. "I know I can't change what I've done. And I know I can't change your mind, either. I came here thinking I could 'rescue' you; that somehow I'd convince you to leave. I realize that too was arrogant of me." He took a deep breath. "I'm not here to beg you to come home. I have no right to ask you to do that. No, I only seek one thing. Sonja, I ask for your forgiveness."

IC: Shannon
Shannon needed a change of scenery. At least, that's what her parents thought. Shannon herself was less enthused about the idea. She had a healthy supply of books that could transport her mind anywhere from Laverre-inspired fantasy lands to Castelia-style technological marvels. But her nurse sided with her parents and she was soon given a wheelchair not unlike the one Guinevere had been in.

Shannon had seen little of the Gardevoir since their first encounter – she idly wondered if the nurse was actively trying to keep the Grimer out of her hospital room -- but she had a feeling the psychic-type was watching her, perhaps reading her emotions in lieu of reading a book. At the very least, the Gardevoir's name had served as a painful reminder to Shannon that she had not been able to save every last book she'd owned. The Once And Future King had been one of those that had perished in the destruction of her home, which was a shame.

Moving around in a wheelchair had taught Shannon one thing: her arms were as weak as her legs. Although she was making progress, her physical therapy sessions with Lucia still ended in frustration more often than not. She had to commend the healer for her patience, but Shannon had the sinking feeling that learning to walk again would give her more bruises than the attack that had hospitalized her in the first place.

As much as Shannon tried to downplay it, she found much enjoyment in getting to see the rest of Mrs. Stacy's house. She had spent so much time in the hospital wing that she had forgotten what the other rooms even looked like. Selena and Sousa were always happy to see her moving about, and would often accompany her on her tours of the mansion. The Pokémon never failed to put Shannon in a better mood, and she would often ask to see them after an exhausting day of physical therapy, ignoring the nurse's orders for her to go back to bed and get some rest.

Of course, having access to the rest of the house was a double-edged sword. She got to see Selena and Sousa, but she also got to see her parents. Her snuggles with Selena or chats with Lucia were often cut short by a sudden headache or cramps whenever her parents walked into the room, and Shannon would request to be taken back to her hospital bed. Her avoidance system seemed to work for the most part, but she feared her parents were beginning to suspect their daughter's frequent ailments were full of melodrama. Indeed, it seemed the more she sought to avoid her parents, the harder they tried to find her. It was like an apprehensive game of hide-and-seek.

One morning, she awoke to her parents sitting by her bed. Shannon gasped and quickly shut her eyes to feign sleep, but it was too late. Her father ruffled her hair. "Morning, Sunshine," he said brightly. Shannon mumbled an incoherent response. "Come on, sleepyhead. We're gonna have breakfast together."

Seeing no easy way out of this, Shannon threw her blankets aside with a grumble and awkwardly moved herself from the bed to her wheelchair. Her face had the frown of one resigned to their fate as her father wheeled her over to the mansion's expansive kitchen.

As her father started preparing the meal, her mother sat in a chair next to her. "How are you feeling, honey?" the woman asked, placing a hand on her daughter's leg.

Shannon instinctively pulled away, shifting her legs to the far side of her chair with such force that she struck her knee on the wheel. "B-better..." she gasped with a wince.

"Well, you know what they always say," her father called over his shoulder. "Better's better than nothing."

Mrs. Willows folded her hands in her lap as she stared at her daughter as if questioning her behavior. "And what about your therapy lessons with Lucia? I heard those are going well."

"That's putting it lightly," Shannon muttered through clenched teeth as she kept a hand on her throbbing knee.

"Are you sure you're alright, honey?" Her mother stood up in concern. "You don't need some ointment for that--?"

"I'm fine, Mom," Shannon said a bit more forcefully than she intended. Her mother stood poised above her chair for a few moments before sitting back down in stunned silence.

"Breakfast's ready!" Mr. Willows turned around with a grin. "Cheer up, Shannon. I made your favorite! Pancakes!" The man quickly set a plate of the fluffiest pancakes Shannon had ever seen right in front of her. The top of the stack had been decorated with various berries and a smiley face made out of whipped cream.

Shannon gave her father an inquisitive look. "Wh-why are you doing this...?"

"It's a family breakfast!" her father replied. "As much as you love reading, I thought you'd enjoy this more than a get-well card." His smile faltered at Shannon's pointed look. "You don't like it? Let me guess, too many Razz Berries? I was afraid it might make it too dry, but I just-"

"No, why are you doing this?" Shannon gestured to the whipped cream smiley face. "You haven't made my pancakes this way in years."

Her father looked surprised. "I thought you loved the way I decorated your pancakes."

"Yeah, when I was five," the girl retorted. "You haven't done that since we moved to Celadon. So why the sudden comeback?" She peered at her parents suspiciously. "Why are you trying to butter me up?"

"Oh, no, it's nothing like that," her father said. "I just thought we might try to bring back the good old days. For everyone's sake."

"Bring back the-?" Shannon shook her head in exasperation. "I'm no longer a child, Dad. I'm twenty-one years old. You can't bring back the old days, they're gone. Believe me, I've tried. Y-you can't undo what's been done!" Choking back tears, the girl wheeled herself away from the table. "I'm not hungry anymore," she muttered as she began to roll away. She got about halfway across the room before her arms cried out from the strain of pushing her own weight and she had to pause to catch her breath.

"Don't you walk out on us, Shannon." Her mother got up and walked over to wheel her back to the table. "Not after your father put so much effort into your breakfast." Shannon stubbornly gripped the wheels of her chair to keep her mother from pushing her. Her mother had to stop before the friction of the wheels broke the skin on her hands.

"Ava... let her go." The girl's father sat down in a chair and buried his face in his hands.

"Theodore, do you not see that every time we--?"

"I see it." Mr. Willows looked up at his daughter and motioned for her to leave. "Go on, get some rest."

Shannon hesitated, but eventually continued her long trek to the door, panting with every spin of the wheels. When at last she was out of sight, she paused and listened to her parents quietly converse. Their voices were muffled, and she could only hear bits and pieces, but she was able to gather their meaning.

"...letting her just run away like that..."

"...give her time..."

"...we've given her enough..."

"...I know we can't get the years back. I'd just... hoped we'd get our family back."

Shannon began to wheel herself away. Her stomach growled, but it was nothing next to the aching in her heart.

As the Eelektross was caught off guard by the sudden attempt to bring her to the ground, she decided that she was not in the mood for that sort of shenanigans. Eelite electrified her body as she used a makeshift Wild Charge to try and deal damage to the rather obnoxious Exploud as it chomped down on her. The Eelektross was hoping that the fact that the Exploud had decided to bite her, would mean that there was a chance of the Exploud getting a mouthful of electric energy as well as the rest of it getting zapped. However, what sealed Eelite's fate as she hit the ground, was a super-charged Earthquake shaking her to her core, as the attack slammed into her heavily once the two Pokemon had landed. The Eelektross closed her eyes, as she finally fainted from the consecutive damage.

Lurelite was about to be caught off guard by the movements of the Jynx, however, as she was floating out of the path of the Shadow Ball, she suddenly felt as if she were more agile. Eager to test this theory, she twirled to the side, and fired off a return Shadow Ball toward the Jynx. She felt as if she was still taking damage, and glanced back to the main fight for a moment. The Chandelure noticed that the floor was shaking rather constantly, and despite the Wide Guard's shield, knew that was the source of why she felt hurt. She didn't waste time turning her attention back to the Jynx, though, as she knew that she couldn't just let her guard down.

As the earth rumbled beneath the Gyarados, she was sleeping like a log. However, as it kept up, Gyaralite roused from her slumber, a bit grouchy at the interruption. As she realized exactly what was happening, however, she groggily flew up into the air, to prevent taking more damage from sleeping on the ground. She then felt that it would be a good idea to head back to Jenny's side, as she realized that it would take her a little bit of time to get back into fighting shape and wake up fully.

Sandlite had finally had enough. It was okay that everyone kept ignoring her. It was okay that a bunch of her attacks kept getting brushed off or protected. It was not okay that even her teammates had started to try to attack her. The Krookodile felt her rage simply growing more and more intense, and felt a surge of strength, as if it were fueling her to push forward. With a mighty roar, the Krookodile smashed her fists on the ground once again, this time intending to put all her strength into an Earthquake that would hopefully defeat all of her opponents. And right now, she didn't even care about collateral damage to her Pokemon friends.

The Emboar stayed still for a moment as the Chimecho set up the Trick Room and twisted how... reality was, she figured. However, as the Emboar stood up, she felt puzzled. She should feel slow from the paralysis. Then it dawned on Boarlite, that the Thunder Wave, combined with the Trick Room, had actually worked in her favour. Then, as the Chimecho's protective barrier began to fall, the fire boar's eyes began to glint, as she wrapped herself in flames to use Heat Crash on the silly wind chime. The Chimecho was going to have a bad time, she was going to make sure of that.

Scizlite grunted, as she felt the night slash subtly, and the speed shift. However, she was more than not done yet. Even if she needed to fight against the winds themselves, she was going to take this Kricketune down with her bare hands if she had to. The Scizor's hands both glowed with the power of Aerial Ace, as she began to half-slash, half-punch at the way-too-enduring Kricketune. She was going to have to keep focus, but was intent on this thing going down, even if it took all the strength she had.

Jenny recalled the poor fainted Eelektross the first chance she saw, and frowned slightly. She was admittedly amazed at how much sheer punishment these Pokemon could take, but knew that they needed to deal with this now, or Hayes' Pokemon would simply outlast them.

"Evan, let's use that idea. Our teams will probably take heavy damage, but, it's the only option we really have." The red haired girl said, as she kept her eyes trained on the battlefield. "Sandlite can help with her super charged attack too."

OOC:

Moves:

Eelektross: Wild Charge > Exploud, faint > recall

Chandelure: Shadow Ball > Jynx

Gyarados: Wake Up, fly into the air, retreating slightly

Krookodile: Anger Point triggered, Earthquake > Everyone

Emboar: Heat Crash > Chimecho

Scizor: Aerial Ace > Kricketune

More ICs coming soon(?).

IC: Richard

Richard saw images of Castelia playing on a wall. He stared at it for a bit and then averted his gaze.

This... could be left out of the song.

If there was a Pokemon equivalent of a swear, Mordred made one as Golurk recovered from his Ice Punch to respond with a Fire Punch. How much punishment could this giant take? His mind raced, barely outpacing his own movements. The Weavile dropped to the ground and leaped as soon as he did. The fist followed his movements, it was time to see how dedicated the Golurk would be to his assault. He reached the top of his leap above the Golurk's other fist which Lancelot was still pushing back on, and the fist followed and collided with its brother.

With a smirk on his face, Mordred leaped over the Golurk's head. Reaching the apex of his jump he let both of his arms grow dark with power, span around and sliced the back of the Golurk's through the ice. Meanwhile, Lancelot side-stepped away from Golurk's tangled fists and drew back his fist. Rushing in at his opponent, he threw all of his weight into his Bullet Punch and at the Golurk.

Percival (and by extension, James) was shocked that the other Chandelure still managed to hold on, despite two boosted Hexes. He had been counting on his combo with Galahad to remove the other Chandelure quickly, so he could help his allies. Flustered, he built a Shadow Ball and slammed it down on the other Chandelure, intent on holding it on him until he went down, while ignoring the pain of Pain Split.

Detect and Protect, while having very different mechanisms to achieve their ends, were fundamentally the same move. Hades knew Detect very well, and knew that it could only go for so long before the Klefki had to drop it. The moment that happened, Hades leaped out in front of it.

Where are you goin'? he said, grinning as he threw another Night Shade at the Klefki.

The Night Shade was more of a distraction really, though if it connected that was all well and good. The real goal was to be a distraction, because not far behind the Klefki was Gawain. All the pain he had felt had been transformed into a brilliant beam that was poised to strike the Klefki. Porky and Baccio had taken positions on either side of the Klefki, to box it in. Porky spew an Ember that he hoped the Klefki more on instinct than by actual fear of the fire, while the Boldore sent a stream of Rock Blasts at the target.

As the Togekiss took in surroundings to see how the battle had changed since James took him out of it, he noticed the third trainer. He hadn't given him much thought before, but his aura as it was bothered him. The color and feel of his aura had changed and the change was dramatic.

And well, the aura didn't feel... right.

"Galahad, use Flamethrower on Aegislash. Quickly!" James to shock the Togekiss out of his thoughts.

He'd have to worry about that later, the Aegislash was approaching the smaller Pokemon and didn't have much time to react. Closing the gap as much as he could, he unleashed a stream of fire perpendicular to where he estimated the Aegislash would be when it reached.

As the Monferno saw the really strong (and he would know) Aegislash approach, he ducked behind Lucas and once more smashed his back with a Thunder Punch. While Lucas had been charging his attack, he had been sure to use Focus Energy, for that chance at the extra punch critical hits provided.

Claus was worried, however. Even with that preparation, there was no guarantee that it was gonna be enough.

Two Lightning Rod boosts and a Focus Energy. Please, let this be enough.

The final round of the Gym Battle. He had a choice between Porky and Lucas. Porky did have Fighting type moves and he knew what moves the Tepig knew while the Cubone was a mystery to him. At the same time, Flint had only barely won in his battle and he knew Flint was stronger than Porky. So Claus decided to take a gamble and picked Lucas's Poké Ball. The Stoutland that Cheren had picked for his final Pokémon proved resilient against the Cubone's attacks. Claus more or less had to guide rather than direct Lucas throughout the fight.

Not knowing the Cubone's moves kinda limited Claus's ability to command.

The moves that Lucas had started out with made sense, Bone Club which was later followed up by a Bonemerang. While both strong attacks with the aid of that bone the Cubone carried around, the Stoutland powered through such attacks and hit Lucas with powerful Returns. It became a similar drag-out fight that Flint and Watchog had already done, except with Lucas being more suited towards such combat than Flint had been. However, Claus saw that the advantage was still on the side of the Stoutland. Claus asked Lucas quietly if he had any other tricks up his sleeve. The Cubone hesitated for a moment, but nodded. He prepared one final attack that would the fight.

That final move Claus needed here once again. It's what he was banking on at least. Maybe not the best type, but it had power.

The Cubone turned to the side and held his Thick Club like a batter at the plate. He had formed the attack into the size of a dense blue baseball. He tossed the ball in the air. Right as the Aegislash reached him, the ball fell into his strike zone. Whamming the ball with his bat, one would expect the projectile to go flying. It did not.

It erupted.

The tiny baseball exploded into a violent storm of meteors originating from the spot the ball once was. The falling stars each glowed a distinct vibrant colors as they sought their very close target. The light prevented Claus from seeing the Aegislash, but Claus had to admit, if this didn't work, they could at least say their moments were absolutely beautiful.

OOC:

Lancelot (+2Atk; 1 Sadism activation): Bullet Punch > Golurk;

Mordred (+2Atk; +2Spd): Dodge Fire Punch; Night Slash > Golurk;

Percival: Health sapped by Pain Split; Shadow Ball > Chandelure;

Galahad: Flamethrower > Aegislash

Gawain: Bide > Klefki;

Hades: Night Shade > Klefki;

Porky (+2Spd): Ember > Klefki;

Baccio (+2Spd; +2Def): Stone Edge > Klefki;

Flint: Thunder Punch > Lucas;

Lucas (+2SpA): Focus Energy; The Fun One (Draco Meteor) > Aegislash;

The true profile

Species: Cubone

Nickname: Lucas

Trainer: Claus Diamond

Appearance: The skull Lucas wears is of his father, a Tyrantrum.

Personality: Lucas is Lonely. Most of the time he appears stoic and aloof. A lot of the time he feels like he needs to cry. All the time he just wants to be with others.

Ability: Lightning Rod

Specialty: Lucas is very skilled with using the bone for physical attacks, but is also very dependent on it for any physical attack. Also has skill with Special attacks.

Known Moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Tail Whip, Growl, Focus Energy, Draco Meteor (Special Egg move).

Item: Thick Club