Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe bit her lip as she listened to what was said. As Ford finished his explanation on what would happen, she glanced around and saw that the expressions on some of the others seemed to range between disbelief and skepticism. Before Colette in particular could speak up, Chloe took a deep breath.

"I feel we should take a chance on this." The psychic girl took a glance toward Jamie, who seemed as if she were in the middle of a panic attack. She rubbed her arm for a moment, as she could almost feel a bunch of the eyes on her from that, since this was not exactly what they had come to do. "If this is as bad as it's really implied to be, can we afford to take such a risk in stopping this? I mean, how could we justify it?" The girl seemed uncertain still, but... "How would the battles not be able to occur, though?"

IC: Evan Tierra

As Ford spoke, Evan pondered what was going on. Despite the cruelty of his actions, Ford's goal was noble and just. But at the same time, from what Evan had seen, he'd done some reprehensible things, and the young man didn't know how to feel about that. But, he could sense that Feral, through his makeshift connection with Jenny, seemed rather.........scared.

"What are you so afraid of? I know I have every right to be scared, but what about you?"

"That....thing we passed earlier. It was like me, yet at the same time, it felt like it wasn't like me."

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know exactly, but that thing, combined with what's going on here, makes me wish I'd rather be anyplace but here....."

Evan frowned, as he considered what his dark half was saying.....

IC: Jamie/James/Richard

The executive's eyes narrowed at Ford. He didn't need Galahad's Aura ability to sense the mood coming from Ford and his children. James took one deep breath and forcefully exhaled. Depending on how Ford reacted to James's conclusions, well, the Fourth would get his battle. Maybe some bloodshed with it. "I can think of at least two potential methods he could make it so that Pokemon could no longer battle."

The thought of the first idea calmed James. It wasn't as bad in his eyes. Though perhaps he was alone in that appraisal. He couldn't quite judge.

"If he could affect thought processes he could make it so no one would be willing to fight. Or even have any conflicts at all for that matter. He could alter humanity and or or Pokemon so that battles can no longer happen because no one would have the will to make one happen."

Richard turned towards James with a look of shock on his face. The thought of what James suggested shaking him out of his fantasy and bringing him back to reality, if only for a while. Even Celebi seemed perturbed by the executive's suggestion. James, on the other hand, had a cold look on his face. He hoped this next idea was wrong. If he was wrong, he could convince the others to let Ford divert the threat with his ritual. And then there would be one less problem in the world. But if he was right...

"And the other... the other idea I came up with, is that he could make it so that Pokemon no longer exist."

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - John Ford/James Pierce/Madison Hayes/Quincy Adams/Tyler McKinley/Skye Hall/Sonja Baron/Levi Alaric

Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/Bounty/Jackson Sang/Ethan Worth/All - The Chamber of Clarity:

Ford smiled softly, as if relieved by James's suggestions. "Nothing so severe," he answered. "Ideally--and most likely--this would become a space where instruments of conflict would simply not work. Pokémon attacks would falter before they could strike. Guns would jam. A compulsion would stop physical strikes. And in the event that something worse does occur . . ." He nodded back to the statue. "There is a reason I am preparing two cards."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette's face turned to a wary look as she eyed the man near the statue. "And the second card does what? You make it sound as if it's something that would cause a horrible effect... Just how long would any of this last anyway? What if it goes wrong in the exact way you're thinking it could?" The aura wielder grit her teeth slightly, as she looked around. She felt conflicted about what to do here, but yet... she could see that some people were buying what he was saying. And Colette herself felt split about whether or not this was for the best or not.

But she had to admit, a cursory glance in Jamie's direction showed that she was terrified. Although the aura wielder didn't like Ford, or the possible side effects of his 'ritual', even she was starting to be forced to admit that this might be the only way out. She turned her glance over toward McKinley too, as she narrowed her eyes. Something wasn't adding up here still...

"And why would someone be wanting us to fight, if fighting is bad in this case? That makes absolutely no sense here at all."

Removing until I can catch up for real.

Edited by Carbevoir

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC - John Ford/James Pierce/Madison Hayes/Quincy Adams/Tyler McKinley/Skye Hall/Sonja Baron/Levi Alaric

Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/Bounty/Jackson Sang/Ethan Worth/All - The Chamber of Clarity:

"Oh, for the love of . . . The second card is a precaution," Quincy interjected. "It's flipped from the first card--whatever happens with the initial one can be reversed with the second. As for him--" Quincy jerked her thumb in McKinley's general direction. "--McKinley's an idiot who's lost his mind. That's all it boils down to."

"Is it just that he's crazy?" Sang asked, stepping forward. He stared directly at McKinley, meeting the Fourth Child's gleeful gaze. "Or is he actually a traitor toward your cause?" He looked at Ford, whose expression had changed to one of puzzlement. "My Beheeyem did a bit of memory-digging after your Darkrai put me under in the Alaric house. In the process, he unearthed an intriguing little tidbit about McKinley." He looked again at the Fourth Child, who wore his signature grin. "It's unfortunate that we didn't learn about any of this before today, otherwise I might have been able to tell you that your loyal Fourth Child has been sabotaging your attempts to set this whole thing up."

A horrified silence fell over Ford, Pierce, Hayes, and Adams. The Shadowed Man spun around, gaze settling on McKinley, who only responded with manic giggles. For the first time, Ford appeared to be at a total loss for words. It was Pierce who managed to draw him back to reality.

"Lane . . ." the First Child said. "If that is true . . ."

"It doesn't matter if it is," Ford said. "There is nothing the Fourth could have done that would have any meaningful effect."

"That's . . . not it." Ford looked at Pierce. The First Child's face had gone completely white. "Nine."

The Shadowed Man's eyes widened. He turned back to Sang. "When did you say you and the Alarics were attacked . . .?"

Sang furrowed his eyebrows. "Within the past month. I don't know the exact date that it happened." He frowned. "Why?"

"We have had no contact with the Ninth Ancient since Sombra's death, seven months ago." Ford's hands shook. "I never ordered that attack."

Someone clapped, a slow applause that boomed throughout the entire space. All eyes turned to the source: Tyler McKinley. The Fourth Child had finally risen to his feet, patting his hands together in a slow, rhythmic beat that enunciated every truth that had been spoken within the chamber. His lips parted in a triumphant grin that exposed horribly sharp canines. Altogether, his face appeared to have somehow contorted, becoming a darkened mimicry of his former visage. At the sight of him, Sonja moved in her container, instinctively putting herself between McKinley and Levi.

"You got me," McKinley said. His tone was playful and dangerous all at once; his words alone prompted Kyle, Esen, and Bounty to place a hand over their belts, each ready to draw a Poké Ball. "You're right--I can't do much to break up your little ritual . . . but I can sure as ###### use it to my advantage." McKinley raised his hands behind his head, fiddling with the strap of his eye patch. He smirked at Sang. "Like I told you, Sang, ol' pal: I find Ford's circus so, so boring." He let it fall to the ground.

The expected sight would have been an empty eye socket. But that was not what rested behind the cloth. The fallen patch instead revealed another eye--not a human eye, but one pure gold in color, one that glowed with a pale, sickly yellow light. McKinley tilted his head, rubbing his face against his arm. When he lowered it, his other eye had transformed to match the newly revealed one. Together, they seemed to stare out from behind a mask made of flesh.

"That," McKinley sighed. "Is so much better . . ." He grinned. "But it's not my final trick, either! Behold!" He clapped his hands together. Instantly, every shadow in the chamber began to ripple. Small bubbles of darkness arose from each, coalescing behind Ford. Soon, they merged together, taking on the familiar shape of a Darkrai,whose eyes glowed a deadened green. A purple sigil flashed across his chest for a split second before vanishing. Nine loomed over the field, staring down at Ford. McKinley clapped his hands together, giggling. "He says, 'Hi, boss!'"

"Nine . . ." Ford clenched his teeth, looking at McKinley. "What did you do to--?"

"Wait, wait, wait," McKinley interrupted. "Do you hear him? Now he's saying, 'Bye, boss!'" At McKinley's words, Nine descended, stretching and engulfing Ford. Tendrils of darkness snaked across the Shadowed Man's body, digging into his skin. Ford shouted in pain, eliciting horrified cries from Pierce, Hayes, and Adams. Eventually, he settled down, head drooping even though he remained standing. His eyes stared forward, totally blank. McKinley laughed. "Look--you really are a Shadowed Man now!" He smirked at the others. "I've been waiting a long time to make that joke. At any rate . . . Sic 'em, boss!"

Ford turned to the main body of the chamber. Wordlessly, he swung his cane forward. Small compartments along the shaft opened, hurling his Poké Balls forward. They erupted, eleven flashes of light that sequentially released his team--Persian, Umbreon, Haxorus, Arbok, Rapidash, Gogoat, Primeape, Arcanine, Grumpig, Raichu, and Tauros.

ICSloth/Elijah Alaric/Eileen Alaric - The Chamber of Despair:

Leif the Phantump clung tightly to Eileen Alaric. The room had gone very still; the only sounds echoing in the chamber were the continuous splashing of water as the lake slowly poured through the holes in the walls, collecting in pools on the floor that never managed to grow beyond a certain point, and Charizard's heavy breathing as he recovered from the multiple failed attacks against Sloth.

The Sin himself. He was the sole reason that Leif was so terrified. Nothing about him was natural, and it was obvious that Elijah and Eileen knew it, too. He had survived fire, and now only stared at the pair with a tilted head, his gaze flicking between husband and wife as if he were reading pages in a book. They stared back at him, glaring daggers of ice and flame that any normal person would reconsider challenging. But that was only another indicator of how alien Sloth was: He didn't back down. Instead, he chuckled, and after a moment, closed his eyes, tilting his head with a loud crack.

"You know,"  he said at last. "I get the distinct impression that neither of you particularly care for what I have to say."

"You are the sole obstacle keeping us from getting to our son," Elijah snapped. "You'll have to excuse us if our thoughts are elsewhere."

Sloth smiled. "Well, that's cute," he said. "Are you usually this up-in-arms about him?"

"We have every right to be where monsters like you and Ford are concerned," Eileen replied.

"That's not what I asked," Sloth said. He looked between Eileen and Elijah. The blue aura around his body intensified. "You two make me sad, you know. How can two people who claim to love their only child be so neglectful that he actually wishes to be taken out of a life of privilege?"

Eileen's eyes widened. She grabbed a Poké Ball from her belt. "What did you just say?" she asked. Sloth tilted his head. Eileen clenched her fist. "How dare you make such a . . . baseless claim?"

"How dare I," Sloth mocked. "I should be asking you that question. How well do you really know Levi?"

"Better than anyone else in his life," Eileen said. She ignored the indications of discomfort that had appeared on her husband's face--the tightening of his lips and the muscles in his jaw. "Certainly better than you do."

Sloth chuckled; Leif shivered at the sound. "Oh yeah? Tell me about him."

Eileen recoiled in surprise. She looked at Elijah, who continued to glare at Sloth. "He's nine--he'll be ten next April," she said. "He likes to draw . . . he likes the woods . . ." She looked down at Leif. "He's such a gentle soul . . . More innocent than most these days. He's never wanted to be a trainer--he says it's like keeping friends captive." She could feel the beginnings of tears in her eyes. Eileen held them back, glaring at Sloth through them. "Just like Ford is holding him captive. I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play, but he is my child. I know him, and I know that he would never volunteer to go away with . . . with monsters like you and Ford."

Sloth contemplated her. His smile was gone, replaced with an impassive frown. After a moment, it returned. "It's astounding, the things you can forget . . ." He shook his head, focusing instead on Sleight. "How about you, old man? Maybe you can do better?"

Elijah opened his mouth, but could not speak for several moments. He finally regained his bearings, looking Sloth dead in the eye. "He is our son," Sleight repeated. "And we are going to get him back."

"Not at this rate, you won't," Sloth sneered. He paced back and forth, his feet splashing in the pools of water on either side of the chamber. "Tell me, did you know that Levi is terrified of fire?" The Sinner gave Sleight a pointed look. "Not just the kind of fire that burned him last year and took away that most precious thing from his life. No, fire in all of its forms--including the man standing before me now, who has made fire his symbol of oppression and power." Sloth licked his lips. "You son fears you, Elijah Alaric. Did you know that?" Elijah broke eye contact. His eyes glistened. "I know, it's a tough pill to swallow." Sloth smiled, and he looked at Leif and Eileen. "Speaking of--you didn't mention the fire, Eileen. That's important, isn't it? Did you know he never took the pills? The ones that the two of you gorged yourselves on, because you were too heartbroken to accept reality and move on?"

"What are you talking about . . .?" Eileen inhaled sharply, feeling the tears breaking loose. She looked at Elijah. His face had gone pale. "What is he doing . . .?"

A loud laugh from Sloth forced him to double over. "You're kidding?" he said. "You really don't remember, do you?" He grinned madly at the pair before him. "All this time, and you never noticed? Please, dig a little deeper and just think about your son for a moment." Though he never moved from his place, it felt as if he had--like he had moved across the space and wrapped his arms around Eileen and Elijah's shoulders, speaking into their ears the secrets of the world. "Did you ever stop to wonder why he's so sad all the time? Why he's so freaked out by every little thing that falls into his path? The kid has seen things. Things that you two have come to accept as the norm."

Sloth waved a hand. Two little figures of water appeared on the floor in front of them. They ran around the Alarics, tackling and playing together. "You know where the fire came from, Elijah. And you both know what came of it--deep down, you remember what you lost. It wasn't just an accident--it was a tragedy." He tapped his head. "Think. I'm sure Leif can help you out . . ."

Leif's eyes widened. The Phantump looked up at Eileen, meeting her gaze. Slowly, the realization dawned on her, as flashes of memory erupted in the expanse of her mind like fireworks. Soon they began to link together, and she saw the whole picture in her mind. She looked at Sleight, who appeared to be having a more difficult time connecting the dots together.

That was, until one of the water figures collapsed mid-play, and the other dropped to its knees in mourning.

Eileen stared at Sloth.

"I wonder how it feels to be left behind by your only friend," Sloth mused. "To be left with the guilt of his death, the horrific image of his burning body, and no one to turn to or talk to for help . . . all because your parents were so distraught over their favorite child's death that they would rather forget his entire existence than accept it for what it is?" Sloth shook his head. "I bet Liam is really proud of you two for that move."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Xander Cruize

"McKinley!" Xander shouted, but there was no time to focus on that . He started to reach for his belt, but Sylph grabbed his arm. There's no room for more than one at a time.

He cursed, knowing she was right. He had a feeling what worked on the Wobbuffet wouldn't work as well here. Closing his eyes to focus, he allowed himself to enter Sylph's mind, and her to enter his. The two took a deep breath, let it out slowly, then opened their eyes, shining purple. First things first, even before dealing with pokémon they had advantage against . . .

There was a wave of Imprisoning energy directed at the 11 opponents.

Synchro-Sylph: Imprison (Psychic, Teleport, Heal Pulse, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Imprison)>Enemy team.

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Chloe/Jenny/Colette/Ray==-

Looks of surprise grew across the room, as if Chloe, Jenny, Colette, or even Ray could not believe all that had just happened. Ray in particular stared from beyond what had now essentially become his prison from this fight, as he glanced over at Ellen, and then over at Sonja, wishing that he could do more to help in this situation...

Chloe took a fearful step back for a moment, as if what had happened to Ford could happen to any of them. She hesitated for a moment because of what Ford had said, and seriously hoped that this wouldn't just fulfill the reason that McKinley had wanted them to fight in the first place. She chose her Pokemon carefully, as she knew that this would be a tough fight in general.

"Luke, let's go!" As the Lucario appeared, Chloe's face turned more determined looking. She couldn't figure out whether or not this was actually a good idea, but, they needed to do something, or everyone might be in danger. With some focus, the Lucario launched off an Aura Sphere toward the Tauros, feeling that it would be a better idea than getting up close for the time being. After all, they didn't know the strength of Ford's Pokemon... or what McKinley might do with them.

Jenny grit her teeth slightly, as she wished that her Pokemon hadn't been so damaged in the previous fight. With a quick thought over who she had left that wouldn't be exhausted or damaged, the girl sent out her Gyarados, and glanced around the targets. She saw multiple targets that would work, but decided to focus on the Arcanine for the moment.

"Aqua Tail!" Jenny called out, as she pointed toward the Arcanine quickly. The Gyarados roared out in confirmation and quickly slithered through the air toward the fire type, ready to slam it with her water-coated tail once close by.

Colette felt a little out of her league now that the fighting had actually begun, but was intent on stopping this maniac at all costs. She reached down to her belt, and grabbed the Pokeball that contained Kammy. She knew this was technically a bad idea, but... she wanted to keep who might do better until the fight had gone on longer.

"Water Pulse on that Rapidash!" Colette called out, as she began to charge up an Aura Sphere of her own. She glanced around at the remaining targets as her Wartortle shot a pulsing beam of water out toward the flaming horse. She was uncertain exactly who to target at first, but then noticed the Persian, and sent her charged Aura Sphere toward the cat.

OOC:

Chloe: Lucario: Aura Sphere > Tauros

Jenny: Gyarados: Aqua Tail > Arcanine

Colette: Herself: Aura Sphere > Persian

Wartortle: Water Pulse > Rapidash

Fury. That was the only word that could describe what Evan Tierra felt. He felt genuinely furious, that McKinley had the gall to do what he did. That even, when things were looking up, that smug ####### found a way to make things go Aspear-shaped. The young man desired nothing less than to show that he'd had enough. He wished he hadn't lost most of his team in the previous battle. At least then, he could definitely do something. And then, he heard a voice in his head, one that seethed with rage, yet at the same time, echoed with serenity.

"No use hiding it, Hero-boy. You're mad."

Of course, this only made Evan's anger worse.

"No, I'm not mad! I'm furious! He keeps pulling this stunt, every single time."

"Well, if you are so upset, why don't you make like your girlfriend, and do something about it?"

",,,,,"

"I feel you have a lot of issues with this person and what he's done. Get angry about it! Show him just how angry you are!"

At Feral's words, Evan had instinctively reached towards Behemoth's poke ball, threw it, and pointed at Ford's Gogoat and directed a command. "Ice Shard, Behemoth. I may not like the idea of fighting right now, but it seems we have no choice!" Behemoth supercooled the air around him, and flung chunks of ice at the incoming Gogoat, still feeling fatigued from his last battle...

IC: Ryan/Dack/Ellen/Paul/Jayron/Dahlia - The Chamber of Clarity

"Tyler, stop!" Although most of the assorted trainers couldn't see her behind the glowing statue, Ellen's voice rang above sounds of erupting battle as she pounded against her prison. "Stop this, we aren't supposed to be fighting! Stop!" Tears streamed down her face as she screamed. It wasn't long before she slid down the wall of her cage, exhausted from her useless efforts. Fear, confusion, and anger swirled within her, topped with an insurmountable hopelessness. "Y-you promised . . ." she muttered in a broken voice so soft that only the Children adjacent to her could hear. "You promised we'd end the conflict, not make things worse . . ."

Upon hearing his daughter's screams, Paul would have rushed to her side, had there not been an army of Pokémon standing in his way. He understood that Ford had been trying to prevent a catastrophe, but this ritual couldn't be allowed to go through with McKinley scheming in their midst. There had to be a way to stop it. "Terry!" the blacksmith yelled. The Herdier needed no prompting. Barking furiously, Terry charged into the fray, getting himself Worked Up. He didn't have any particular target in mind; all he cared about was making it to Ellen, and stopping anyone who dared get in his way.

Ryan was in a state of shock. He had still been trying to work out the potential downsides of Ford's plan when McKinley had struck. His eyes widened in fear, but he found himself frozen with indecisiveness. If they attacked, they'd be creating conflict and playing right into McKinley's hands. But if they did nothing, then there was no way to stop the Fourth Child from succeeding in whatever mad scheme he had devised. Until now, Togie and Orihime had waited on the sidelines. Seeing Ryan was clearly not in a state to command them, the pair of Togekiss took things into their own hands . . . er, wings. The two took to the skies, and while Orihime cast a soft glow around their allies to Safeguard them from any potential status ailments, Togie dove straight for the Primeape with an Aerial Ace.

Dack's first instinct was to grab the Ultra Ball at his belt. He hesitated with his thumb on the release. Heatran was easily the most powerful Pokémon he had, but Ford had just warned them that whatever it was that waited at the other side of this dimensional bridge was drawn to conflict. If he let Heatran run loose like he had in Sootopolis, it would be like a feast for that unspeakable horror. No, Heatran had to be a last resort. Dack quickly replaced the ball on his belt and instead sent out his Bastiodon to assist the strange man dressed like a Garchomp and his Mamoswine. "Follow that Ice Shard up with an Ancient Power!" the Rocket agent cried. While Bastiodon summoned a variety of boulders, Dack glanced at his oddly-dressed ally. He didn't want to get too distracted from the battle at hand, but something about him seemed disturbingly familiar. "I know this isn't the best time," he muttered. "But have we met somewhere before?"

Jayron cursed as he raised his hand from the Pokéball at his waist to fire an Aura Sphere of his own at the Persian to follow up Colette's attack. The executive still wasn't convinced Ford's plan was the best course of action given its potential side effects, but they could all agree that McKinley had to be stopped. Lucario! he cried through their telepathic connaction.

Already on it. Lucario summoned a bone and darted toward the Arbok, attempting to rush it before the snake had a chance to react.

Dahlia had been feeling guilty about both McKinley's eye and his Xatu. Her guilt evaporated into sheer horror when she saw the Fourth Child lift his eyepatch. "Just what are you?" she asked. Even as Asriel leapt from her side to deliver a Megahorn to Ford's Grumpig, Dahlia felt her Reverse powers rising in her once more. In the back of her mind she knew that by acting recklessly she risked losing control again, but the monster that called himself McKinley had to be stopped at all costs. "Your Pokémon looked more like science experiments than living creatures, and you . . ." She looked at him through eyes that glowed gold in a fashion disturbingly similar to the Fourth Child's. "Are you even human?"

Terry: Work Up > Self
Orihime: Safeguard > Allies
Togie: Aerial Ace > Primeape
Bastiodon: Ancient Power > Gogoat
Jayron: Aura Sphere > Persian
Lucario: Bone Rush > Arbok
Asriel: Megahorn > Grumpig
Dahlia: Charging Reverse Powers

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: James/Jamie/Richard

The Rocket Agent regained her footing. She had been frozen by her fear and confusion on what to do. But that was then. This was something that Jamie knew. She could fight the enemy in front of her. Holding herself as how a Rocket agent must, she called towards her chosen Pokemon.

"Lucan, engage the Haxorus," Jamie said pointing towards her chosen target.

As if the tone of her could cause nerves to steel, the Vanilluxe's shaking slowed and he eyed his target. The Vanilluxe directed an Ice Beam from one mouth and the other head sent three waves of Icicle Spears towards the Dragon-type.

Hades looked around. There wasn't going to be space for Dionysus at this point. Oceanus wouldn't be much better. Not until they cleared people out. Erebus needed the Raichu cleared out so he could safely bring rain to the field. Which meant he was the best option in this scenario.

"Now hold up, Hades," Richard said holding a Poke Ball. "Rest for the next verse. We'll start this off," he said sending out Orpheus.

Hades questioned the merits of sending the young Whismur to fight this battle, but whatever kept him out of the that mess. Richard wasn't so cruel to send the poor Whismur to die. Direct combat wasn't what he needed the Whismur to do.

"Orpheus, use Supersonic on the Umbreon," Richard called, as Hades migrated to Richard's head to make room for the violin, that Richard plopped into position.

The normal sly geniality the Celebi normally held was absent. Wordlessly and without prompting, she flew into the fray. Her sight briefly dashed towards the chamber containing Ilios followed by McKinley. With a scowl, she sent a yellow energy into the floor beneath the Raichu. After a moment, the ground would erupt with Earth Power. The legend was not naive enough to believe this would be a quick battle, but she wanted it over with.

Galahad focused in on the Time Traveler. Emotions were running high, and the strong auras in the room made it hard to focus on any one aura. With enough effort, Galahad was able to gain a glimpse of Celebi's emotional state. It wasn't quite anger that she felt. But it was something similar. Hate?

Celebi's technical trainer had an inkling of why she had dashed off. Why was it never made known to me that Nine was the Darkrai working for Ford? James thought as he remembered the meeting between himself, Celebi and the Darkrai. They had seemed cordial at the time, but James was guessing there was more to it to spark such a reaction.

Lancelot took a step forward before James held up a hand to signal him to stop.

"Lancelot, let us hold off until room has been made. As it is, you are more likely to be hit in the crossfire. Galahad, you may wait as well."

James sympathized with Celebi if his guess was correct, and noted the need to win this battle. But considering how McKinley currently was, James was not entirely convinced that 'merely' defeating Ford's team would finish all the fighting. He decided to reserve as much strength as they could. Celebi would have to handle herself for now.

OOC:

Celebi: Earth Power > Raichu;

Lucan: Ice Beam; Icicle Spear > Haxorus;

Orpheus: Supersonic > Umbreon;

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

IC - THE SHADOWED MAN JOHN FORD - Persian, Umbreon, Haxorus, Arbok, Rapidash, Gogoat, Primeape, Arcanine, Grumpig, Raichu, Tauros

James Pierce/Madison Hayes/Quincy Adams/Tyler McKinley/Skye Hall/Sonja Baron/Levi Alaric

Kyle Eston (Jaeda)/Esen Windred (Krow)/Bounty (Aggron)/Jackson Sang (Walker)/Ethan Worth (Céris) - The Chamber of Clarity:

Kyle clenched his fist around the Poké Ball in his hand. He grit his teeth, then pulled back and threw the ball forward. "Jaeda!" As her container flew into the air, four others did, as well--one each from Esen, Bounty, Sang, and Ethan. They opened above the field, releasing Jaeda, Krow, Bounty's Aggron, Walker, and Céris, all of whom jumped into the fray as soon as their trainers issued their orders. All also felt the protection of Orihime's Safeguard--a defense that Ford's term could not say the same about.

Fortunately--or unfortunately--the only members of Ford's team affected by Sylph's Imprison were Umbreon and Grumpig. The Manipulate Pokémon felt its Psychic attack fade from its arsenal, locked away until further notice. That would do little to hinder it, however. In retaliation, Nine-Ford directed the Grumpig to use Telekinesis on its two approaching attackers--Céris and Asriel. The Psychic-Type lifted its arms, manipulating the gravity under their feet. Both suddenly found themselves floating mid-charge, their momentum carrying them forward and causing them to spin. 

Nearby, Tauros had charged forward, forcing friend and foe alike to hop out of its path lest they get impaled. It only cringed and slowed somewhat as Luke's Aura Sphere struck its side. This, however, had the added effect of activating Tauros's Anger Point ability, sharping raising its attack power. With its newfound rage, Tauros took off again, aiming a Zen Headbutt attack at Gyralite. This proved to be enough of a distraction that Arcanine managed to skirt out of the way of Gyralite's Aqua Tail attack. The Legendary Dog Pokémon snarled, lightning flashing across its fangs as it leapt onto Gyralite, attempting to clamp down with Thunder Fang.

Upon seeing the two Aura Spheres headed its way, Persian acted quickly. Its purple gem flashed, and an instant later, it had copied Umbreon's Double Team attack. It stepped back, keeping its body low to the ground and allowing its duplicates to take the hit, saving itself from injury. Persian eyed the field--primarily Colette and Jayron--with a clear cunning, evaluating the battlefield and putting together a Nasty Plot in its head.

Kammy's Water Pulse merged with that of Aggron's, creating a pulsing wave that flowed across the field toward Rapidash. The Fire Horse Pokémon ran toward it, kicking off from the ground with Bounce and managing to dodge the attack. As it came back toward the ground, it directed itself toward Gogoat's attackers nearby, aiming to land on top of Behemoth.

Of the two attacks headed towards it, Gogoat knew it could only block one. Thus, it chose to block the one that would do the most damage to it. Blades of grass surrounded its horns, and it used these to swipe at the Ice Shards being thrown at it by Behemoth. This left it open to the Ancient Power attack from Bastiodon, which caused it to stumble but did not harm it nearly as much as the other attack might have. Snorting, Gogoat charged, aiming to retaliate with its Leaf Blade attack.

Primeape watched Togie closely. As soon as the Togekiss struck, the Pig Monkey Pokémon grabbed a hold of his body, forcing Togie to take it with him on his flight. Primeape gathered all the strength it could into its fist, and then brought it down in an Ice Punch attack in the middle of Togie's back. It looked up just in time to see Krow launch a well-aimed Air Slash at it, dislodging Primeape from Togie and sending it falling to the field again. It managed to avoid a crash landing by using Céris as a cushion, kicking off and rolling to a stop on the floor.

What Lucario may have failed to realize was that snakes had really good reaction time. Arbok had enough time to see the Aura Pokémon's approach and respond appropriately: by using Stockpile, and then Coiling to reduce Lucario's potential hit spots. It managed to dodge around two swings before being struck on the third, knocking it back, but far from out.

If Raichu had any qualms about facing a Legendary Pokémon, it certainly did not show it. The Electric-Type focused instead on dodging the attack, dancing around and riding the waves of gem-like earth as carefully as it could, as well as using Double Team to create multiple copies of itself in an attempt to disorient Celebi. Several copies were destroyed by the attack, but overall, the damage to Raichu seemed minimal. As one, the four remaining copies--plus the real one, hidden in their ranks--directed a Thunder Wave at Celebi.

With surprising speed and agility, Haxorus managed to side-step Lucan's Ice Beam with a spin, using its tail and tusks to shatter the Icicle Spears that immediately followed. It snarled, jumping back as Jaeda swooped in with a Metal Claw attack. The Haxorus's Rivalry ability kicked in at the sight of her opponent, and she felt her strength increase. She grabbed Jaeda by the arm, spinning and hurling her toward Lucan before following up with a Water-Type blast of Hidden Power.

Like Grumpig, Umbreon's primary method of attack--Psychic--was locked. That did not mean it was defenseless. The Moonlight Pokémon's ears rung from the Supersonic, but it managed to use its newfound Confusion to its advantage through its Synchronize ability, allowing it to inflict the same condition upon Walker as he attempted to use Drain Punch. The attack missed, causing the Grovyle to stumble past Umbreon instead. The Dark-Type squinted, doing its best to aim, and then shot a Toxic attack at both Orpheus and Walker, attempting to poison them.

"Science experiment?" McKinley repeated. "I'll have you know that there was nothing scientific about it. It was a pure disguise--a doll, plain and simple." He smirked. "Does that answer your question? I'd give you a demonstration of what I mean, of course, but . . . oh, to be free . . ." The Fourth Child laughed, his mouth a little too wide.

Céris: X-Scissor > Grumpig (Interrupted)

Grumpig: Telekinesis > Asriel, Céris

Céris: Floating; incapacitated

Tauros: Anger Point; Zen Heatbutt > Gyralite

Arcanine: Thunder Fang > Gyralite

Persian: Assist (Double Team) > Self; Nasty Plot

Aggron: Water Pulse > Rapidash (Missed)

Rapidash: Bounce > Behemoth

Gogoat: Leaf Blade > Bastiodon

Primeape: Ice Punch > Togie

Krow: Air Slash > Primeape

Arbok: Stockpile > Self; Coil > Self

Raichu: Double Team > Self; Thunder Wave > Celebi

Jaeda: Metal Claw > Haxorus (Missed)

Haxorus: Rivalry: Hidden Power (Water) > Jaeda (thrown at Lucan)

Walker: Drain Punch > Umbreon (Missed)

Umbreon: Synchronize (Confusion) > Walker; Toxic > Orpheus, Walker

Walker: Confused

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Handing control over Orihime back to Blade, since Ray is present.

IC: Ryan (Togie)/Dack (Bastiodon)/Ellen/Paul (Terry)/Jayron (Lucario)/Dahlia (Asriel) - The Chamber of Clarity

Asriel was shocked to find himself poised in midair, his attempted Megahorn rendered useless. Unable to attack directly, the Absol instead whipped up a Razor Wind aimed primarily at the Grumpig with the intent of making his foe lose focus enough to drop its telekinetic hold.

Despite the din of the chaotic battle, Jayron forced himself to close his eyes. The Persian's Double Team was an annoyance, but with enough focus the aura wielder would be able to pinpoint the original. It was a task easier said than done, for all around him auras were heightened with adrenaline. The executive's eyes snapped open. He had found the Persian, and it was evident from the feline's aura that it was plotting something. Keeping a metaphorical eye on the aura, Jayron began charging an Aura Sphere.

Bastiodon's first instinct was to assist her Mamoswine ally. But at Dack's command, she instead summoned a Protect to block the mighty goat from ramming into her. The Shield Pokémon gritted her teeth at her assailant, producing a sharp Metal Sound to lower its defenses. With the immediate threat fended off, Dack glanced at the bouncing Rapidash. Ignoring the sudden flashbacks to the last Rapidash he had fought, the Rocket agent started to devise a strategy. "We need to switch fights," he told the Garchomp-Man. "If you can take the goat, I'll take care of the Rapidash."

Luckily, the Primeape's Ice Punch had been to Togie's back, not his wings. The Togekiss was still airborne, albeit hurting from the punch and much heavier from the ice on his back, which slightly hampered his movements. Folding his wings, Togie began to glow with energy as he directed a dive-bombing Sky Attack at the Primeape. With any luck he'd manage to hit it before it recovered from the Honchkrow's attack. At the very least, the force of the impact would shatter the ice that had coated Togie's back.

Seeing the Arbok was surprisingly good at dodging physical attacks, Lucario decided to go for a mental assault. The Aura Pokémon reached out toward the snake and gripped it with a Psychic power. His intent was both to damage the poison-type while also keeping it at bay. If the Arbok had been that agile while dodging his attacks, Lucario didn't want to be anywhere near when the Arbok decided to start going on the offensive.

Terry continued to plow through the battlefield. The Herdier spotted Umbreon standing in his way. With a desperate growl, Terry lowered his head and prepared to charge into the Umbreon with Take Down. He wasn't aiming to take out the Moonlight Pokémon, he merely wanted to get past it on his way toward Ellen. But if he could deal some damage to Ford's Pokémon, the Herdier wasn't above getting a little revenge along the way.

The golden glow of Dahlia's eyes gained a tint of red as her hair started to blow in a strange wind that had whipped up around her. "That answers the question of you being a complete monster!" she cried. At the word monster the energy swirling around Dahlia darkened. The Heroine of Reverse lashed out with her powers to try and grab McKinley. She knew the energy tube around the Fourth Child likely made him impenetrable, but she didn't care. On the off chance that the powers of Giratina could reach through that field of energy, Dahlia was intent on stopping McKinley. Even if it meant ripping him to shreds like she'd done with his Xatu.

Asriel: Razor Wind > Grumpig

Jayron: Aura Sense (Aura "Lock-On") > Persian; charging Aura Sphere

Bastiodon: Protect > self; Metal Sound > Gogoat

Togie: Sky Attack > Primeape

Lucario: Psychic > Arbok

Terry: Take Down > Umbreon

Dahlia: Reverse Blast > McKinley

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Xander Cruize (Sylph)

The synchronized duo looked around, weighing options. No Dazzling Gleam, there were too many allies mixed in with the foes. No barrages of psychic attacks for the same reason. The enemies they could drop quickly due to type advantages, then, were the Umbreon, Arbok, or Primape. All three were currently caught up in battles at the moment, which meant that Sylph's intervention would turn the tides against them.

They decided the Arbok would be their first target, seeing the trouble it gave to Jayron's Lucario.  They raised their left arm as Xander pushed power into Sylph. The termination point at her elbow glowed, and Sylph released a concentrated blast of Psychic at the Arbok.

Rapidash's Bounce attack struck Behemoth with incredible force, which only alleviated the Mamoswine's fatigue. Evan frowned as he considered his options for this fight. The Plasma Agent caught what Dack had said, wondering what he was talking about, before nodding at the plan. "I don't think we've met at all." Evan said, looking a little curious, before focusing again. "But, I definitely like your plan, so no worries there! Behemoth, charge that Gogoat with Superpower!"

Snorting at Evan's command, Behemoth focused on the goat-like pokemon, and charged headlong into it, tusks glistening coldly as he drew closer and closer...

-==IC: Chloe(Lucario)/Jenny(Gyarados)/Colette(Wartortle)/Ray(Togekiss)==-

A chill ran down Chloe's spine at McKinley's words, even as she grimaced at what exactly occurred as a result of her attack. Jenny herself felt a bit backed into a corner, and closed her eyes.

"Gyaralite, get out of the path of the Tauros!" The trainer knew that the only way to truly avoid the Tauros' rampage was to bite the bullet and take the Thunder Fang head on, but she couldn't tell if this actually was the best move to do. Jenny cringed as the Gyarados moved directly into the path of the Arcanine, but the Gyarados barely hung on. "Now, Hydro Pump while it's still there!" Gyaralite grit her teeth for a moment, as she gathered water in her mouth. She looked directly at the fiery canine, and let loose a torrent of water that would hopefully deal at least a little damage before she fainted.

Chloe glanced around at the rest of the fight, and then frowned as she noticed how the Umbreon was fighting. With a slight nod to herself, she held out her hand, sending a psychic command to her Lucario. Luke began to charge up another Aura Sphere, and took aim at the Umbreon, preparing to stop it in its tracks before anything else could happen. It was troublesome, however, how Chloe felt that she couldn't get close in enough time to launch any surprise attacks... she began to wonder how to rectify this.

Colette let out a small growl as her plan had ended up not really working in the long run, and glanced over at the troublesome Persian and its copies. She gathered some more aura between her hands, as she let Kammy do her own thing for the moment. The Persian could be a large pain if it was left alone, so with a quick scan to attempt to find out which were the copies, she launched off her Aura Sphere to what she hoped would be the right one.

Kammy gave a very quick glance back after the Water Pulse had been nullified, and glanced around uncertainly after. This was a more chaotic battle than she had ever actually participated in, and most of the targets she could try to hit, were already covered by others. So it was with uncertainty that Kammy attempted to add her own Water Pulse to the Persian fight, hoping that she could perhaps share this confusion.

----

As the safeguard went up around the team of the would-be rescuers, Ray's eyes fixated on the Pokemon that was the source of the magical veil. A smile began to form on his face, as he looked over to where Ellen was. He could see how McKinley's revelation of just how evil he was had left an impression on Ellen, one he didn't really like. Ray pushed himself to his feet and brushed a hand through his hair in the process.

"Ellen, keep some hope. I'm sorry that nothing could happen, that you couldn't be warned about this guy. But that's why we can't lose hope. Why we have to make sure that his interference... We have to stop this conflict. And even if none of us can directly help..." Ray's right hand brushed his belt as he spoke, but his glance was fixated on one Togekiss that was outside the barrier. "I'll never give up. Orihime! Extrasensory!"

The Togekiss in question heard her master's voice even above the din of the battle, and smiled widely for one brief moment. However, she soon noticed the reason for that command in particular, and swooped in to try and help Togie. With a hissing squawk, the patterned bird focused her mind on damaging the Primeape as best as she could. She was not at all in the mood for Togie to be heavily damaged by this monkey of a Pokemon, and the more she could do to help, the better.

OOC:

Chloe: Lucario: Aura Sphere > Umbreon

Jenny: Gyarados: (Hit by Thunder Fang), Hydro Pump > Arcanine(Point Blank)

Colette: Aura Sphere > Persian(Attempted scan for real one first)

Wartortle: Water Pulse > Persian

Ray: Togekiss: Extrasensory > Primeape

IC - THE SHADOWED MAN JOHN FORD - Persian, Umbreon, Haxorus, Arbok, Rapidash, Gogoat, Primeape, Arcanine, Grumpig, Raichu, Tauros

James Pierce/Madison Hayes/Quincy Adams/Tyler McKinley/Skye Hall/Sonja Baron/Levi Alaric

Kyle Eston (Jaeda)/Esen Windred (Krow)/Bounty (Aggron)/Jackson Sang (Walker)/Ethan Worth (Céris) - The Chamber of Clarity:

As the blades of wind rush toward Grumpig, the Manipulate Pokémon smiled. A metallic sheet covered its body as the attack struck, forcing it back a step. A moment later, Grumpig retaliated with a reflection of Razor Wind, which it launched straight back at Absol and Céris. The attack knocked them back through the air. With no other option available, Céris grimaced and curled himself up, Roosting to heal the damage while he waited for the Telekinesis to give out.

A mental droning hit the Primeape like a freight train, disabling it long enough for Togie to slam into it. Primeape was sent rolling backward; as it came to a stop, it growled, slamming a fist on the ground hard enough to crack the crystal underneath it. With its Anger Point activated, it began to beat its fists on the ground, paradoxically indulging in its anger and using Focus Energy. It was not enraged enough to fail its spot checks, however: Krow's approach caught its eye, and as the Honchkrow launched another Air Slash attack at it, Primeape moved, taking off to the outskirts of the field.

Walker shook his head, feeling the poison seeping through his skin. He attempted to right himself, lining up another Drain Punch and going in for the attack. This, however, only managed to put him in front of Luke's Aura Sphere, inadvertently saving Umbreon and getting knocked back instead. Umbreon, meanwhile, did not see Terry coming and took the full brunt of his Take Down attack, rolling to a stop several feet away. The Dark-Type forced itself to its feet, shaking its head and flashing a Confuse Ray in Terry's general direction.

Arbok hissed in pain as the two Psychic attacks bombarded its brain. As the attacks wore off, it rushed forward, lining up its Gunk Shot and firing the attack at Lucario and Sylph in an attempt to distract them while it closed the distance between itself and the Aura Pokémon.

Gogoat grimaced at the Metal Sound, stunning it enough that it could not muster quite enough strength to completely match Behemoth's Superpower with its own Take Down. It clearly struggled under the Twin Tusk Pokémon's weight. To its relief, Rapidash used the opportunity to aim a Flamethrower attack straight at the Ice-Ground-Type, in an attempt to aid its ally. It could not sustain the attack for long, however, as a moment later Aggron had sent another Water Pulse straight for the Fire Horse Pokémon, knocking it off balance.

Arcanine hopped off of Gyralite and landed squarely on its feet. At the sight of the beginnings of a Hydro Pump, the Fire-Type relaxed its muscles and kicked off to run, though still wound up getting clipped by the attack enough to force it to a stumbling stop. This appeared to be an effective distraction, however, as Tauros had now recovered and resumed its attempt to charge Gyralite--this time with Giga Impact.

With so many attacks and so few clones, Persian inevitably got hit. Jayron's Aura Sphere struck it dead on, sending it skidding back a few feet, as the other two attacks caused its remaining duplicates to vanish. Persian did its best to shake the damage off, and in response summoned electricity around its gem. With a growl, it launched a retaliatory Thunderbolt attack in Kammy's direction.

Though the air around the energy tube seemed to ripple, Giratina's powers could not penetrate the barrier. McKinley couldn't help but laugh at the attempt, cupping a hand over his eyes. "You stupid girl," he said, peering at her between his fingers. "If that's how you wanna play . . ."

McKinley's mouth widened, a grotesque and unnatural sight that instantly caused stomachs to turn. Skin, muscle, and bone did not tear or break, but merely stretched like rubber, a human suit from which a strange and horrifying, clown-like creature removed itself. A white face on a pied body emerged, a large, black crack running down the mask and splitting it into two uneven halves. Two black ruffs interrupted the alternating colors of his clothes, one around his neck and one around his waist, the latter bearing his bandanna's skull symbol. McKinley's golden eyes stared out from behind it; red-lipped teeth grinned out at them from beneath. A large, golden eye opened on each shoulder, matching the two that hung from the horns of McKinley's yellow and purple jester cap. Across his green and orange chest stretched another, much larger mouth that smiled deviously at its assembled enemies. McKinley's hands could not be seen within the tasseled and belled sleeves that hung far too low on his arms, terminating in what appeared to be two more mouths. As McKinley's true form fully emerged, his previous body fell, motionless, to the floor of his tube, shifting only with the steps of his yellow and purple boots.

The Children around McKinley stared, horrified and speechless, at this development; Sonja and Levi's faces had gone completely white, almost matching the color of McKinley's mask. The clown giggled, pressing his face and hands up against the tube and craning his neck. A loud crack sounded and he sighed.

"So much better!" he exclaimed. McKinley smiled a wide smile at Dahlia. "Is this what you wanted to see, Little Miss Reverse?" He pushed forward. The field around him seemed to bend and warp like plastic wrap. It wrapped around him, tearing open enough for McKinley to exit, and then rebounded, reshaping itself around his discarded body. McKinley approached the battlefield, his grin never leaving his face. "Here I am, at the ready for your righteous justice!"

McKinley laughed.

Kyle felt himself too stunned by this new development to move, or even notice what was currently happening with Jaeda. His hands shook as he stared at McKinley, his heart beating a thousand beats a minute.

What . . . is he . . .?

Grumpig: Mirror Coat (Razor Wind) > Céris, Absol

Céris: Roost > Self

Primeape: Anger Point: Focus Energy > Self

Krow: Air Slash > Primeape (Missed)

Walker: Drain Punch > Umbreon (Interrupted--Friendly Fire Aura Sphere)

Umbreon: Confuse Ray > Terry

Arbok: Gunk Shot > Lucario/Sylph

Gogoat: Take Down > Behemoth (Weakened)

Rapidash: Flamethrower > Behemoth

Aggron: Water Pulse > Rapidash

Arcanine: Extremespeed (Interrupted)

Tauros: Giga Impact > Gyralite

Persian: Thunderbolt > Kammy

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

The Toxic gunk flew too quick for the Whismur to dodge. Richard was a bit happy that his choice of target was good (if his first move maybe backfired a bit). Any direct attacks from any of these participants would be enough to KO the young Orpheus.

"Now Orpheus, Roar!" Richard gave his next command.

The Whismur opened his mouth and shouted at the Umbreon. The goal was to disorient it enough that it would start attacking its own allies. Richard was about to begin playing when McKinley went through his disgusting transformation.

"Do I have to remember every detail of that for the song?" Richard said very quietly as he watched. Maybe he skip a few details here.

Celebi felt the Safeguard envelope her, and thus allowed the small jolt to reach her futilely. Four green tendrils extended from her hand. One Giga Drain tendril for each image of Raichu shot forth to dispel the fakes and flush out the true one.

"Well, -that- was revolting. Could you do it again?" James said using sarcasm to cover his unease. With Sloth behind him and this monstrosity before him, he was between a rock and a hard place. And Celebi didn't seem to be in the mood to listen to him, so she was unreliable if an exit was required. Plus, Jamie was here and leaving her behind was not an option.

Lancelot and James exchanged glances, and the Scizor prepared to use Swords Dance in anticipation of whatever McKinley, whatever that thing was would do next.

Pelleas held Jamie's arm. She was shaking with so many emotions at the moment. Anger, anxiety, fear, nausea. She wanted to join her fellow hero in fighting the monster. But the sight of the monster dropping his human disguise left her paralyzed for a moment, until she saw Lucan. Lucan's focus on the battle in front of him kept him steady, even when normally the battle itself would have scared him. Seeing that focus, she calmed back down and focused on the battle in front of her. -That- she could fight.

Lucan turned one head to face the incoming Charizard. The head that faced the Charizard covered itself with an acidic substance to harden his body. When the Charizard collided with him, he allowed himself to spin to slow the change in momentum and decrease damage to both Charizard and Vanilluxe as well as put the other head in position to fire an Ice Beam at the incoming Hidden Power. The two attacks collided but the Ice Beam powered through and closed in on the Haxorus.

OOC:

Celebi: Thunder Wave blocked by Safeguard; Giga Drain > All Four Raichu images

Lucan: Acid Armor > Half-Self; Hit by Jaeda; Ice Beam > Haxorus;

Orpheus: Badly Poisoned; Roar > Umbreon

As Behemoth struck Gogoat, and was struck in turn by Rapidash's Flamethrower, his master watched McKinley's awful transformation, eyes wide in terror. Evan Tierra had seen many things, up to and including the master of the Ancient Darkrai taking the power of his own kind. But that paled in comparison to the monstrous thing before his eyes. The young man's gaze turned to Dahlia as he shouted frantically, "Dahlia, get away from him, NOW!" There wasn't a thing Evan could do, not without being unable to cover the others. He had to trust that Dahlia would listen to his order, as he turned back towards the fight he could try to win.

However, as that unfolded, due to the attacks he sustained in the battle before, Behemoth wasn't able to keep up his strength, especially not with the temporary distraction of the Fire Horse's Flamthrower. The Twin Tusk pokemon was knocked back by the Gogoat's Take Down, still on all four feet, but panting heavily. He wasn't sure if he'd last any longer, with things as they were. Seeing this, Evan gave his friend a command, trying to keep his composure. "Behemoth, use what strength you have left, and Take Down that Gogoat!"

At his master's command, Behemoth narrowed his eyes at the Gogoat, and charged headlong into it, not caring if he got knocked out in the process. All that mattered right now, was winning this fight, and nothing else. No more, no less.

McKinley's sudden transformation was distraction enough for the duo. As they stared in disgust and horror, Sylph was hit by the Gunk Shot attack. The pair cried out in pain and turned their attention back to the battle. McKinley was obviously a threat, now, but first things first.

Glaring at the Arbok, they released another souped-up Psychic from Sylph's left arm.

-==IC: Ray (Togekiss)/Chloe (Lucario)/Colette (Wartortle)/Jenny (Gyarados)==-

The intensity of the fighting was merely doubled as the one they knew as "McKinley" shed off the 'real' body to show one that just didn't seem... right. The three friends and Colette all gaped in horror for the moment, but knew that they couldn't even think of touching this new... monster until the battlefield had been cleared out a bit.

Jenny turned her attention to where Gyaralite was fighting, and winced as the Gyarados couldn't manage to withstand the Giga Impact from the rampaging Tauros. The girl recalled the water type and quickly swapped Pokeballs to send out her Krookodile. She hoped that Sandlite could help out here, considering that was her only non-fainted Pokemon remaining.

"Sand Tomb, quickly!" She called out as she extended a hand toward her Krookodile. While the Pokemon was focused on encompassing the Rapidash in the sandy attack, Jenny dug around in her bag and attempted to find a revive that she might be able to use to fix up one more member of her team, since it was looking to be a necessity at this rate.

Chloe, meanwhile, had to resist the temptation to try and bombard the clown that had appeared with attacks of her own, feeling that he was absolutely unnatural. She turned her focus back to where the Tauros was, and held out her hand, mentally commanding Luke to try to bombard the Tauros with as many attacks as possible, since it would likely be winded after the Giga Impact was used. While Luke was edging forward with the ranged attacks, however, the psychic girl glanced back at what was apparently McKinley, keeping a wary eye on him.

Colette's face paled as the clown version of McKinley appeared, but before she could really focus, she noticed that the Persian had fired off a Thunderbolt toward Kammy. Too late to actually call out to help her, she winced as the Thunderbolt crashed into the Wartortle. With the power behind it, Kammy fainted nearly instantly, and the girl called the small turtle back after firing off a weak Aura Sphere at the Persian to distract it. Knowing that things were getting grim, the aura wielder grabbed the Pokeball that contained her Clawitzer, and sent it out. Vivian gave a piercing look at the Persian, but quickly went into focus mode.

"Show this thing what you can do! Aura Sphere!" Colette called out, as she clenched her fists. The Clawitzer held her claw up, and focused on the Persian carefully. Not wishing to take any chances as she charged up the Aura Sphere, the Pokemon calmly took aim at the Persian, and fired off a speedy Aura Sphere, trying to make it count.

The orange haired Child wanted to bang on the walls of the barrier. He wanted to do something to help. But Ray simply stood there paralyzed with fear at the new appearance of McKinley.

What even is he...? Ray wondered, as he shook his head for a brief moment to try and focus. First things first, they needed to get this fighting to stop. "Orihime, use Extrasensory again!" The Togekiss chirped out in confirmation, as she focused on building up psychic power once again, and attempted to lash out at the Primeape; not enough to kill, but enough to injure with all likelihood... if it was able to affect the Primeape at all in this angered state.

OOC:

Chloe: Lucario: Aura Sphere > Tauros

Jenny: Gyarados: Fainted

Krookodile: Sand Tomb > Rapidash

Colette: Aura Sphere (Half charged) > Persian

Wartortle: Fainted

Clawitzer: Aura Sphere > Persian

Ray: Togekiss: Air Slash > Primeape

Edited by Destined Blade

IC: Ryan (Togie)/Dack (Bastiodon)/Ellen/Paul (Terry)/Jayron (Lucario)/Dahlia (Asriel) - The Chamber of Clarity

Ellen nodded in response to Ray's words and although she didn't seem entirely convinced, it appeared the Separatist had given her some small ray of hope. Then before her horrified eyes Tyler McKinley shed his skin like a snake to reveal something straight out of a nightmare. Kneeling on the ground in her prison, Ellen found that she couldn't look away from the terrifying creature. It was only when Tyler -- could that thing even be called Tyler anymore? -- broke free of his prison and stepped out of view behind the Mewtwo statue that Ellen finally found the strength to crawl to the far end of her prison. The girl shook as tears welled up in her eyes anew, her gaze fixated on the remains of the Tyler she had known. She was more terrified than she had ever been in her life; scared for her friends, and scared for her own safety as well. Because if the monster that had called itself McKinley could pass through the tubes of energy so effortlessly . . . none of the Children were safe.

Held in the air by Telekinesis, there was nothing Asriel could do as his own attack was rebounded back at him. But the sharp wind cutting into his fur was nothing compared to the horror of watching McKinley emerge from his cell and approach Dahlia. The Absol cursed himself for being so careless, for poised in midair as he was it was impossible to come to his trainer's aid. Asriel's eyes glimmered as he foresaw a Future Sight attack on the Grumpig, trusting the Grumpig wouldn't see the attack coming in time to reflect it back.

"As if this day couldn't get any weirder," Dack muttered. He wasn't sure if he was more surprised by the doomsday jester or the innocent-looking girl with superpowers, but like the Garchomp-Man, Dack decided it was best to focus on the fight he actually understood. "Bastiodon, keep that Rapidash at bay! Ancient Power!" The Shield Pokémon complied, sending chunks of stone flying at the fiery horse, hoping to keep it off the Mamoswine's tail.

Togie took to the air once more, hovering in place next to Orihime. He chirped his gratitude at her assistance, and couldn't help but smile when he saw Ray looking up at the pair. While Orihime lashed out with another Extrasensory, Togie began to glow with energy. It would take a while for the attack to fully charge, but Togie was confident his Sky Attack would lay waste to the irritated monkey.

Lucario saw the Gunk Shot headed for himself and his Gardevoir ally and knew he could shield her with his steel-type immunity. It was unfortunate timing that McKinley chose that moment to burst out of his prison in full nightmare-mode. Lucario glanced up at the creature and hesitated just long enough for the second Gunk Shot to fly past him. The Gardevoir's cry of pain brought Lucario back to the battle at hand. With an irritated growl, the Aura Pokémon fired another Psychic attack in tandem with Sylph's. He couldn't afford to lose focus in the middle of such a chaotic fight.

Terry was only dimly aware of McKinley's new clown-like form. The Herdier had his own circus to deal with in the form of the dancing lights that had suddenly made the entire world spin. Terry tried to fight the dizziness, determined to keep running toward Ellen. But the faster he ran the more the world spun, until he collapsed in a dazed heap, leaving him completely vulnerable to attack.

Dahlia's eyes widened at the nightmarish form McKinley had assumed. She tried to press on the attack now that the Fourth Child was no longer behind his protective energy shield, but it was impossible to focus her powers amidst the raw fear coursing through her. The gardener took a shaky step back and nearly stumbled; her legs left like they had turned to jelly. Evan's cry seemed to come from far away and she was only dimly aware of his words. In that moment she was no longer Heroine of Reverse, Giratina's Envoy. She was a simple gardener-girl who suddenly found herself in a battle way over her head, facing a creature straight out of a nightmare. The energy swirling around her widened as her focus dwindled, and Dahlia feared that any use of her powers in this state, if she could do anything at all, would risk damaging friend and foe alike.

Seeing their trainer in trouble, Dracos, Gerri and Nutmeg rushed to Dahlia's aid. The Dragonair, Surskit and Turtwig stood in a line between Dahlia and the monstrosity that approached her. Although all three Pokémon were visibly shaking in fear, they held strong, determined to defend their trainer against this monster.

Ryan was still trying to make sense of the battle when the abomination that had been McKinley started toward Dahlia. The Liberty agent heard Evan's shout and realized the middle Seaton wasn't doing anything to defend herself. Her Pokémon had formed a last-minute defense, but frankly Ryan doubted they could do much against whatever McKinley had become. Unfortunately Ryan was too far away to do much of anything. He tried to shout a warning, but his voice died in his throat. He could only watch as McKinley stomped toward the hapless Dahlia.

Jayron also caught sight of Dahlia's plight, and realized she was just standing there like a Deerling in the headlights. The aura wielder grimaced at Kammy's defeat and knew that Vivian wouldn't fare much better against a Thunderbolt. But he had to trust Colette and Vivian to hold their own against the Persian for a moment. Taking careful aim, the executive fired an Aura Sphere at the clown creature. He doubted the attack would do much to damage it, but all he needed was to buy enough time for Dahlia to pull herself together.

Asriel: Future Sight > Grumpig

Bastiodon: Ancient Power > Rapidash

Togie: Charging Sky Attack

Lucario: Psychic > Arbok

Terry: Incapacitated by Confusion

Dracos/Gerri/Nutmeg: Defending Dahlia

Jayron: Aura Sphere > McKlownley

Three of the vine-like tendrils impaled their targets, causing them to dissipate in a shower of glittering fragments. The last latched onto Raichu, who grimaced as it began to leech energy out of its body. The Electric-Type jammed its eyes shut and began to pour as much electricity into the vine as it could, aiming to utilize the tendril as a conductor through which to attack Celebi.

Haxorus did its best to cover itself in order to block the Ice Beam, though this ultimately did little to proect it: When it struck, it coated the right side of its scaly body in a sheet of ice, slowing it down. Haxorus roared, preparing a Razor Wind attack with which to retaliate. As it did so, Jaeda recovered, shaking her head before growling and launching herself at the Axe Jaw Pokémon. She swung at it with Metal Claw, aiming her glowing talons at the icy coating, shearing through it and knocking Haxorus back several steps in the process.

Umbreon did not enjoy Orpheus's Roar. It lowered its ears flat against its head and lowered itself as close to the ground as it could, stiil too disoriented from its confusion to attempt to move. Finally seeing an opening, Walker pushed himself back to his feet again, charging straight at Umbreon with another Drain Punch. This one landed--at last, with no interruptions--and knocked the Dark-Type back several feet, restoring some of the Grovyle's strength in the process. He panted, nodding his thanks to Orpheus.

With a snort, Gogoat charged forward. It leapt just high enough that it arced over Behemoth; at the apex of its jump, it swung its head forward, allowing it to somersault in the air. Blades of grass erupted from its horns, which it used to slash at the Mamoswine's back as it passed over him. Gogoat landed with a thud on the ground, turning its head to observe the outcome of its attack.

Having expended so much energy through Giga Impact, Tauros was forced to tough out Luke's attacks. This proved somewhat useful to Arcanine, however, as the Legendary Pokémon was able to use Luke's focus against him. The Fire-Type rushed forward with Extremespeed, aiming to slam into Luke in order to drag him into a more direct fight.

A dull light shone from Rapidash as it allowed the two attacks to strike it. They certainly appeared to damage it, but it Endured, and soon managed to shake off the pain. Its muscles relaxed and it felt its Agility go up, allowing it to prepare its next move . . .

Persian growled in pain as the two Aura Spheres struck it. It panted, though remained standing. Electricity charged around its gem again and it soon launched another Thunderbolt attack, this time aimed at Vivian.

Primeape's sheer anger appeared to have increased its speed and evasiveness in addition to its attack--it managed to keep its momentum and simultaneously dodge Orihime's Air Slash. The Pig Monkey Pokémon charged along the field, running up Aggron's back (managing to avoid a Thunderbolt in the process) and springboarding off of its head. It took to the air, latching onto the ceiling long enough to push off against and shoot toward its three opponents. Krow aimed his own Air Slash at the Primeape, but missed, and received an Ice Punch in return that sent him crashing to the ground below, stunned. As he fell, Primeape used him as a platform from which to leap at Togie and Orihime, its plans unknown . . .

Luckily for Asriel and Céris, Telekinesis finally wore off, dropping them to the ground. Céris felt the beginnings of the gravity shift and oriented himself so that he landed on his feet. He kicked off toward Grumpig, watching as the Manipulate Pokémon began the tell-tale motions of Confuse Beam. Remembering how Ent had avoided the effects of that same move, Céris covered his eyes, blocking out the disorientating lights. When they had passed, he swung a claw at Grumpig, knocking it back with Night Slash, and then moved aside to allow a follow-up attack from Asriel.

The attacks on Arbok's mind and body appeared to be driving it more into a frenzy than anything, which served as a good indicator that it was getting weaker--and thus desperate. With a crazed hiss, it leaped forward, aiming a Crunch attack at Sylph.

An amused chuckle escaped McKinley's lips as he came to a stop several feet in front of Dahlia and her team, his new, monstrous form easily towering over most of them at ten and a half feet tall. He hardly even glanced at Jayron as the Liberty Executice's Aura Sphere dissipated against his shoulder, indicating that McKinley resisted that type of attack, if not being outright immune to it. 

The clown took a deep breath, expanding his chest and arms with air. Then, he blew. A powerful wind poured forth, spinning and twisting as it swept through the crowd of trainers. The Whirlwind seemed to last forever, buffetting the entire group from all sides. Though some managed to keep their footing, not all did--half of the group found themselves swept up into the chaos, flung about for a bit before flying off towards several spots within the chamber.

"Look at them go!" McKinley laughed, clapping to emphasize each word. Bounty clattered to ground in front of Ford, barely holding onto his cane. Sang barely managed to orient himself so that he could move with the wind in order to direct his landing so that he could slide down a wall close to Hayes. Ryan flew toward Ellen's spot, landing in front of it. Dahlia ended up falling toward the center of the battle field--from directly above it. Jamie was headed on a collision course with the tube of energy holding surrounding Pierce, while Richard fell toward the group of his teammates that had not been pulled into the whirlwind. Evan flew toward Togie and Orihime. Colette and Jenny were sent in opposite directions--the latter toward McKinley's previous spot in the circle, and Jenny toward Adams's.

Kyle wound up on the complete opposite side of the chamber, falling between Levi and Ellen's spots in the circle. Upon landing, dozens of light spots erupted in his eyes. He faintly heard someone calling his name--someone banging on glass and a muffled scream, but found that he could not respond.

Raichu: Thunderbolt > Celebi

Umbreon: Waiting

Walker: Drain Punch > Umbreon

Haxorus: Razor Wind > Lucan (Interrupted)

Jaeda: Metal Claw > Haxorus

Gogoat: Leaf Blade > Behemoth

Tauros: Recharging

Arcanine: Extremespeed > Luke

Rapidash: Endure > Self; Agility > Self

Persian: Thunderbolt > Vivian

Aggron: Thunderbolt > Primeape (Missed)

Primeape: Ice Punch > Krow

Krow: Stunned

Grumpig: Confuse Ray > Céris (Failed)

Céris: Night Slash > Grumpig

Arbok: Crunch > Sylph

McKinley: Whirlwind > Jamie, Richard, Kyle, Bounty, Sang, Evan, Jenny, Colette, Ryan, Dahlia
Kyle: Incapacitated

Bounty: Incapacitated

Sang: Occupied

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

As the Leaf Blade struck Behemoth's back, he could finally feel his body give out from pain and fatigue stacked on one another. The Twin Tusk pokemon could not help but feel disappointed at this result. His master had counted on him to help his side get momentum, but he couldn't do a thing in the end. As he shut his eyes, the ground-type heard a familiar voice in his head. It was like his master's, but at the same time, different. The Mamoswine fell with a thud, unconscious at last.

Don't worry. You did your best. No more, no less.

No sooner had that occured, that Evan was literally blown away by McKinley's Whirlwind, having no time to try and keep his footing. The young man could see he was on a collision course with Togie and Orihime. Togie was cloaked in the energy of Sky Attack, and Evan wasn't sure how that'd react with him. Orihime seemed to be doing nothing at the moment. "Make way, or catch me, you two!" the Plasma Agent said as he drew closer. "I'm not happy with hitting the ground or you, but I'd honestly prefer the ground if anything!" He had an idea on how to turn the tables slightly, but it required him to be conscious and optionally, on the ground. The latter would be easy, but not so good if it didn't fulfill the former. He would just have to hope that luck would be with him....

"Well, that was useless." Jayron frowned in dismay at the ineffectiveness of his Aura Sphere. He turned to Colette to ask if she had any suggestions. Then McKinley struck with a gust of wind and his fellow aura wielder was gone. Jayron had to reach up with lightning fast reflexes to catch his fedora before it met the same fate as Colette. "Alright, back to Plan A," the executive muttered. As soon as the winds died down, he fired an aura sphere at the Persian while barking an order for Vivian to dodge to the left of the incoming Thunderbolt.

Before Ryan knew what was happening he was flying through the air. He blindly reached out for something -- anything -- to grab onto. A bad idea in hindsight, for his arm was promptly struck by something flying by; whether the crystalline wall of the chamber or another unfortunate victim of McKinley's assault he couldn't be sure, for the moment the pain shot up his arm the whirlwind had carried him far from the point of impact.

He crashed to the ground and rolled several feet before coming to a painful halt. His groans were drowned out by desperate cry. Rolling over on his side, Ryan was surprised to see Ellen, clad in the standard black jacket and brown pants of a Ford Agent. He slowly reached out to her, resting his hand against the energy field. "Somehow... I didn't imagine our reunion to look quite like this..." Ryan cracked a smile before delving into a fit of coughs.

Ellen was not in a joking mood. The girl banged her fists against the energy field that encapsulated her as fresh tears streamed down her face. "Ryan, you have to get out of here!" she cried. "All of you! It's... it's too dangerous! T-tyler... th-that thing... he'll kill you all!"

With a grimace Ryan pushed himself up into a sitting position and looked straight at Ellen. "Listen, I'm sorry I got you into this mess; I never should've left you alone in Fortree. But if there's one thing I can promise you it's that I will make this better. We'll make it out of this; you'll see. After all, we've stopped bad guys far worse than this clown." Ellen did not seem convinced, and even Ryan had a hard time believing his own words. They had faced many terrible foes, from Gerald to Sombra, to even Gluttony in Ryan's case. But the monstrosity McKinley had become, if Ryan was perfectly honest with himself, gripped him in a fear that made Sombra look like a cuddly Teddiursa. He wanted to appear confident for Ellen's sake, but he had the sinking feeling the young girl was beyond his ability to comfort. And in the back of his mind, he had to wonder if they really would stand a chance, or if this giant egg would be their grave.

While Nutmeg held her ground against the gale, poor Gerri went flying. Dracos nimbly reached out to catch the Surskit before she could fly too far. Unfortunately none of the Pokémon realized the whirlwind had swept up Dahlia until it was too late. The Heroine of Reverse could do nothing as the winds tossed her around the chamber like a berry in a blender; she could only hope the attack would leave her more intact than the analogous berry . . .

Asriel landed on padded feet the moment the Telekinesis gave out. He charged toward the Grumpig to let out a Night Slash that would hopefully strike in tandem with his Future Sight. However, as he approached the pig, a chill unrelated to the sudden gale ran down the Absol's spine. Dahlia was in trouble. Asriel quickly lashed out at the Grumpig, not even noticing whether his attack had hit or not. He was more focused on reaching his trainer. Unfortunately the moment's hesitation in attacking the Grumpig had cost Asriel, for he was too late to catch Dahlia before she hit the ground and lay motionless for a moment. The dark energy of her Reverse powers had long since vanished, leaving her dazed and drained from the combination of strain and getting tossed like a ragdoll. She merely lifted her head with a groan as Asriel knelt at her side to offer what little support he could.

Dack cursed as the harsh winds swept across the battlefield. It was only by positioning himself behind Bastiodon that he prevented himself from getting blown away. Unfortunately the same could not be said for the Garchomp-Man, who had vanished into the air in the blink of an eye before Dack could ask him about a new strategy. And with the man's Mamoswine down, Dack was left on his own. "Bastiodon, Heavy Slam the Gogoat!" the Rocket agent called out. The Shield Pokémon lumbered toward the prone goat and raised her forelegs to slam her weight on her opponent, hoping she could at least take one of Ford's Pokémon out of the fight.

The sudden gale threw Togie off, forcing the Togekiss to readjust his flight patch before launching his Sky Attack at the Primeape. Right as he was about to take off, Evan Tierra of all people came flying into their midst yelling to get out of the way. Togie squawked in surprise and flew up out of the flying Plasma Agent's path. Maintaining the charge of his Sky Attack, Togie decided it was best to wait until the Tierra had landed before launching his attack. The last thing he wanted was for Evan to become a dynamic splat on the ground.

Lucario saw the frenzied Arbok strike and instantly dashed into its path with Extremespeed. He might not be immune like with the Gunk Shot, but he could at least take the Crunch better than Sylph could. And at this rate, the less damage he and his allies could take, the better.

Between his confusion and the powerful whirlwind, Terry found himself rolling across the ground in an unknown direction. When the gale stopped as suddenly as it had started, the Herdier got to his feet to resume his dizzy race toward Ellen, not even realizing he was striding right back into the Umbreon's path.

Jayron: Aura Sphere > Persian

Asriel (Future Sight Turn 2): Night Slash (distracted) > Grumpig

Bastiodon: Heavy Slam > Gogoat

Togie: charging Sky Attack; waiting for Evan to land

Lucario: Extremespeed to block Arbok's Crunch

Terry: wandering in confusion

Unfortunately, the Lucario was just a tad too slow, the Arbok just a tad too slippery. It continued its movement towards Sylph, who had no hope of taking the Crunch attack. As she braced for impact, Xander acted. Silently, Sylph cursed him for being so unthinkingly heroic, even as she was grateful that he was.

Xander had appeared in front of Sylph, left arm raised to shield his face. He bit down on a cry of pain as the Crunch lived up to its name. Fangs shredded through his jacket, through his skin, into flesh. He growled in pain as the bones in his forearm broke.

"You're annoying," he said through clenched teeth as he pressed the pistol into the snake pokémon's stomach and pulled the trigger three times in quick succession. The Arbok went limp and he shook the body off with a hiss of pain. He'd have to get that looked at, once this was all over.

For now, he and Sylph turned their attention to the monster among them.

Xander: Teleport > Self; Gun > Arbok

Edited by Carbevoir

Thankfully for Jamie, she had a bug on her arm. Or more precisely, she had a Heracross holding onto it. And Pelleas wasn't exactly a stranger to being thrown about and having to gain his bearing spiraling mid-flight. Flapping his wings and using his body as a pillow, Pelleas managed to soften the blow to his daughter.

"Lucan, keep fighting!" she called to the Vanilluxe as she and Pelleas began to regain their footing.

Lucan's focus was nearly broken until Jamie's call to action. Heartened by the partial freezing of his opponent, Lucan opened both of his mouths to form Ice Beams. Both of the Vanilluxe's heads focused their Ice Beams into one stronger beam. The combined beam shot forth towards the Haxorus with the combined momentum of both individual beams.

Richard had finally decided on a song to play when he was lifted from the ground. The Sableye on top of his head was miffed at this. At least they weren't being blown -towards- the freakshow, but he liked his perch. Hades's rather cavalier attitude turned to horror however, when the violinist's violin was ripped from his arms. Using Detect to trace the violin's path, Hades leaped from his perch into action. With incalculable speed, the Sableye managed to catch the violin before it hit the ground. Hades wiped imaginary seat from his brow. A Richard with his violin was a happy Richard.

Though at the moment, Richard was not happy as he had just collided with Lancelot, effectively a wall made of steel.

"Are you all right, Agent Apollo?" the Executive asked showing a bit of concern.

The bards muffled whimpering could barely be heard.

At the same time, Orpheus was happy that he seemed to be doing well, but he hadn't heard Richard say his next orders yet, so he stood still and did nothing. He was hoping the orders would come soon, the toxic was starting to hurt.

Celebi did not break the tendril connecting her and Raichu. If that was the game the Raichu wanted to play, she could play it. As the Thunderbolt raced across the tendril and into her body, she was shocked for a moment at the Raichu's power, but held the tendril firm. She was confident that she could win a battle of attrition. Forcing as much power she could into her tendril, Celebi continued her Giga Drain assault in spite of the pain.

OOC:

Celebi: Hit By Thunderbolt; Giga Drain > Raichu

Richard: Stunned;

Orpheus: Toxic Turn 2; Waiting for orders

Lucan: Dual Ice Beam > Haxorus

-==IC: Chloe/Ray/Jenny/Colette==-

As the winds began to blow, Chloe braced herself and managed to get into a stance that allowed her to keep her footing. However, the girl decided it was a rather good idea to keep her hands clamped down on the edge of her skirt, immediately regretting the fact that she hadn't actually gone with a more combat orientated outfit for this mission. She wished that she could do more to help as she saw her comrades be blown all around, but she just couldn't trust her powers to work correctly to slow anyone's descent in this situation.

Luke, meanwhile, was dealing with troubles of his own, as the Arcanine showed up and brought the fight closer in the process. The Lucario's aura glowed around his fists as the Arcanine slammed into him, however, he decided to go with the flow and swung one of his fists around to attempt to connect with his opponent. He wasn't sure if the makeshift Force Palm would actually deal much damage, but he needed to try.

Jenny and Colette, meanwhile, were rather 'enjoying' the trip around the room... if essentially screaming out because of the sudden fact of being in the air could be considered 'enjoying' it. The two attempted to twist in the air to get their landings a little better, but the most that really managed to do was send them past the tubes of energy. The two girls slammed into the walls on their respective sides of the room, and laid on the ground, stunned for that moment at the least. The only sign that they were not outright unconscious, was the groan of pain that each let out as they attempted to catch their breath.

Meanwhile Sandlite and Vivian were having their own troubles. The Krookodile wasn't as worried thanks to not having any attacks directed at her, but the lack of any commands admittedly was a little unsettling. In an attempt to fix that, Sandlite attempted to engulf the Rapidash with more sand, trying to keep up the assault until something could fix this. Vivian, meanwhile, heard the command from Jayron as she saw the Thunderbolt. She wasn't entirely certain about it, but tried to quickly dodge to the left while firing off an Aura Sphere toward the Thunderbolt, in an attempt to get a moment to herself so that she could focus on fighting this Persian.

Ray grit his teeth as he saw the further chaos that was beginning. He wished that he could help with his Pokemon more, but knew that he would have to rely on the Togekiss a little longer. "Orihime, use Extrasensory again!"

The Togekiss in question was being blown around by the winds, but as she heard Ray's command, willingly let herself be blown a little ways away, as she once again attempted to assault the Primeape's mind. She was a little reluctant to deal a deadly amount of damage to the opponent, as she figured that the team might be misguided thanks to that shadowy Darkrai, but... Orihime knew that if she didn't act, things would be a lot worse. She put all her might into this attack, trying to save Togie and Evan from any harm that might occur, even as she attempted to stay somewhat close by at least.

OOC:

Chloe: Braced

-Lucario: Force Palm > Arcanine

Jenny: Stunned

-Krookodile: Sand Tomb > Rapidash

Colette: Stunned

-Clawitzer: Aura Sphere > Thunderbolt

Ray: Togekiss: Extrasensory > Primeape

Aura Sphere and Thunderbolt collided in mid-air, exploding in a shower of sparks. Jayron's Aura Sphere careened through it, striking Persian head-on and knocking it back again. Persian shook its head and shoulders, as if disgusted by the dust coating it, and slunk back towards Ford, licking its paws. With a huff directed at Jayron, it curled up next to Ford, rubbing its head against his leg.

Grumpig managed to bounce out of the distracted Asriel's attack, only to find itself on the receiving end of a psionic burst as Future Strike struck. Having managed to avoid most damage up to now, however, it recovered fairly quickly. It snapped its fingers, about to use Telekinesis on its opponents again, but was interrupted once more by Céris. The Scizor gripped Grumpig in his claws with X-Scissor, damaging it and carrying it away from Asriel in order to allow the Absol to focus on helping Dahlia.

At the sight of Bastiodon's approach and attack, Gogoat reared up on its hind-legs, catching Bastiodon's attack with its own Superpower. Much like Behemoth, it strained under the heavier Pokémon's weight, though still managed to reduce the damage it would have otherwise taken. And much like Behemoth, it soon received help in the form of Tauros, who charged at Bastiodon with a final Take Down--one that would most certainly knock out Tauros itself if it landed.

Esen reached out in shock at the sight of Xander's actions, but given the circumstances--which currently included Krow attempting to shake off a high-altitude fall and a number of her allies, including Kyle, maybe or maybe not surviving the exact same thing--she couldn't bring herself to actually say anything in protest, understanding all too well what must have been going through his mind just a second before Arbok had struck. The Poison-Type in question twitched on the ground, clearly in pain. Luckily for it, despite whatever had happened to Nine, the Darkrai appeared to retain some semblance of pity on the Cobra Pokémon, as he quickly brought Ford's arm up and recalled it to its container.

With a growl, Raichu tore the vine from its belly, cutting its Thunderbolt short. It turned tail and fled, mimicking Primeape's tactic from earlier and using the various bodies and surfaces in the room as a track on which to gain speed, slowly gathering electricity around its body as it moved . .  .

Had Psychic not been locked, Umbreon would have taken advantage of Orpheus's lack of activity to attack him. However, Psychic was locked, and Umbreon had no other attacks currently available that would be useful. So instead, as its confusion cleared up, it focused on dodging a renewed swing from Walker. The Dark-Type glanced at its nearest ally--Haxorus--and sent a Helping Hand its way.

The help was appreciated. Lucan's dual Ice Beam attack struck Haxorus, severely weakening her--and setting off her temper. As Jaeda closed in with another Metal Claw attack, Haxorus managed to flex her muscles, breaking through the ice on her body and matching the attack with own claws. She took advantage of their deadlock, opening her maw and shooting a Water-Type Hidden Power directly into Jaeda, knocking her back.

A feeling of sluggishness overcame Arcanine as paralysis set in from Luke's attack, slowing its movements. In retaliation, the Fire-Type summoned flames around its teeth and aimed to bite down with Fire Fang.

Rapidash neighed, charging straight for Sandlite. As the Sand Tomb encompassed it, the Fire Horse's horn glowed, and it lashed out with Megahorn. Aggron did not want to risk harming Rapidash, and so instead utilized Iron Defense instead, strengthening its armor.

Orihime's Extrasensory threw Primeape off; it swung madly, missing its targets and falling to the ground far below, where it struggled to stand and ultimately gave up. It collapsed. Fittingly, Krow had recovered by now, and seeing Evan's plight, moved to cushion his landing.

McKinley laughed at his handiwork, offering a bow to the unaffected group. "Afraid I must take my leave now," he cooed. "Business to finish, as you know. But, of course--a parting gift!" With a mad cackle, the clown raised his right arm and began to back away. The mouth at the end of the sleeve opened, spewing forth a massive Flamethrower in the direction of his 'guests.'

Persian: Forfeit

Grumpig: Telekinesis (Interrupted)

Céris: X-Scissor > Grumpig

Gogoat: Superpower > Bastiodon

Tauros: Take Down > Bastiodon

Arbok: Fainted

Raichu: Charge > Self

Umbreon: Helping Hand > Haxorus

Walker: Drain Punch > Umbreon (Missed)

Haxorus: Hidden Power-Water > Jaeda

Jaeda: Metal Claw > Haxorus

Arcanine: Fire Fang > Luke

Rapidash: Megahorn > Sandlite

Aggron: Iron Defense > Self

Primeape: Fainted

Krow: Attempting to catch Evan

McKinley: Flamethrower > People who weren't hit by Whirlwind

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Chloe/Jenny/Colette/Ray==-

As the winds died down a little, Chloe took the moment to reach up to the strap of her purse, and grab the next Pokeball for use when needed; and considering the trouble Luke was in, she felt the Typhlosion she picked would be handy. However, at the first sign of the flames that McKinley fired out at them, the psychic girl flung the capsule forward, feeling that the imminent lack of room to navigate the chamber would be much less of a problem then getting fried. Cyndy appeared just in time for the flames to begin to hit the Typhlosion square in the chest. The Typholsion's Flash Fire activated as she struggled to contain the heated flames among herself, trying her best to not let any of the fire go past her. Cyndy roared out in return, as she attempted to send a rock flying back toward the source of the flames, more to quench the fire from happening any further than to deal damage...

Luke, meanwhile, was most certainly in a spot of trouble. The Lucario grit his teeth, as he tried his best to get away from the flaming fangs of the Arcanine, but still felt a burning sensation on his left arm as the canine bit down with its canines. In return, Luke held up his hand with an Aura Sphere charging, and attempted to fire the attack off at his opponent before the damage would be any more lasting than it already was.

Vivian gave herself a brief sigh of relief before turning her focus around the room. Colette was still being a little slow to get up, so the Clawitzer knew that she needed to give herself her own commands. With a brief moment to check around the battlefield again, she focused her sights on the battle of the Haxorus and Charizard. Although it would be a tough shot to make from this distance without hitting Jaeda in the process, the Clawitzer felt confident she could make it work. Perhaps a bit too confident, but at this precise moment she wasn't about to agree to that. Vivian held up her claw, and focused on the Haxorus for a brief moment, before she fired a wave of dragon energy toward the Haxorus, prepared to move closer after the Dragon Pulse had gotten closer.

The Krookodile was rather caught off guard by the Rapidash actually deciding to strike back, and raised her hands to try and keep the damage to a minimal. The attack landed, and dealt a hefty amount of damage to the Krookodile, however, Sandlite wasn't about to end things there. She struck out toward the Rapidash's legs with some Foul Play, aiming to knock it down for some further damage, before the horse could do the same to them.

Ray and Orihime allowed themselves a moment to catch their breath as the Primeape fell. The Separatist noticed that the Safeguard veil seemed to be thinning out, and focused on a plan for the moment. "Orihime, use Safeguard, then use Wish!" The Togekiss focused for a moment as she set up another veil against status effects. The moment that was done, she focused again, and sent out a wish for healing in the next little while, even as Ray cautiously watched McKlownley to see what he was even up to aside from the fire trick...

OOC:

Chloe: Send out Typhlosion

Typhlosion: Activate Flash Fire to try and protect the other people against the flames, and Rollout against a target close to the source of the flames to discourage them.

Lucario: Aura Sphere > Arcanine

Collie: -Stunned-

Clawitzer: Dragon Pulse (Long Distance Sniping characteristic active) > Haxorus

Jenny: -Stunned-

Krookodile: Foul Play > Rapidash

Ray: Orihime: Safeguard > Allies, Wish > Self

Evan breathed a sigh of relief as the Primeape missed him and the Togekiss Duo, giving Orihime a quick grin of appreciation, as he began to descend to the ground. The Plasma Agent was considering what to do hit the ground, and NOT end up taking a nap in battle. He then saw the Honchkrow moving towards his falling form, and figured that he could potentially brush against it to reduce his momentum. "Guess I haven't any choice! Better than sleeping on the job!" Evan thought as the Big Boss pokemon drew close enough, and hit it as he fell.

The Hero could feel that his momentum had slowed quite a little bit as he brushed the bird pokemon, who shakily flew off. Evan silently thanked the pokemon as he prepared, as he land rather roughly on his side. Groaning, he rose shakily to his knees, and recalled his Mamowsine, silently apologizing to him as he did so. The young man then sent out Gnip, and then reached into his coat pocket, and drew out a small diamond shaped pill with the plasma insignia on it. then stuffed it into her mouth. The Garchomp's eyes gleamed with vitality as she rose up and observed the fighting unfolding before her, not feeling as strong as she should have.

"Go get 'em, girl."  Evan said confidently, sitting back from the action. "I can't send out Hippowdon, and I am sorry to have to have you fight like this, but we have no choice." The Mach pokemon nodded, appreciating her master's sentiment toward her, and rushed onto the scene, homing in on the Haxorus, a red aura surrounding her as she readied an Outrage fueled slash towards her target.

OOC:

Evan Tierra: Revive > Gnip

Gnip: Outrage > Haxorus

Edited by Hades

Bastiodon threw all her weight into the attack against the Gogoat. As such she was totally unprepared for Tauros to come crashing in out of nowhere. The sudden Take Down threw the Shield Pokémon off balance. She would have lay there stunned, but the sudden flamethrower from McKinley prompted her to cast a Protect around herself and Dack.

Lucario cursed as Xander beat him to the punch and offered up his own arm as Arbok's chew toy. He wasn't sure what bothered him more: Xander's sudden sacrifice or the gunshot that echoed across the chamber. As the Arbok was recalled to its ball, Lucario hurried the rest of the way to Xander and Sylph. He focused a Heal Pulse on Xander's arm in an attempt to minimize the damage. He only glanced at Sylph briefly to relay his exasperation at Xander putting himself so recklessly in danger.

Jayron was half-tempted to toss another aura sphere at the Persian, but the cat was too close to Ford, and as much as he hated it, he couldn't risk harming The Shadowed Man. For a moment he contemplated attacking Nine in an attempt to free Ford, but his attention was quickly diverted by a sudden Flamethrower from McKinley. Acting quickly, Jayron formed an aura shield to keep himself from getting incinerated.

While most of the targets of the flames were those who had avoided getting blown away by McKinley's Whirlwind attack, Dahlia had the unfortunate circumstance of having been blown right into the middle of the battlefield and was thus well in the path of the flamethrower. The girl was still suffering the disorientation of flying around the chamber, so it was fortunate that Asriel had come to her aid. The Absol stood over the middle Seaton and used Detect in preparation of the flames to come; that was before he noticed Chloe sent her Typhlosion to try and take care of the source of the problem.

The rest of Dahlia's Pokémon didn't have a disaster-sensing Absol to protect them, but Nutmeg nevertheless summoned a small Wide Guard to keep herself, Gerri, and Dracos safe from the flames that licked toward the spot where Dahlia had once stood.

Paul raised an arm and stumbled backward in a haphazard attempt to avoid the flames. He called out to Terry, who managed to shake himself from his confusion. Finding himself close to the Umbreon, who was currently assisting the Haxorus, Terry decided to chomp down on the annoying dark-type with Fire Fang.

Although Ryan couldn't see the current battlefield, he knew who was responsible for the whirlwind that had thrown him across the chamber. "Togie!" he cried out. "Ignore the Primeape; McKinley's the real enemy!"

Had the situation not been so desperate, Togie might have chirped back some snide remark about how Orihime had already felled the monkey. Instead the Togekiss, brimming with power, turned his attention to the flame-spewing jester and dove with the power of a fully-charged Sky Attack.

Bastiodon: Protect > self, Dack

Lucario: Heal Pulse > Xander

Jayron: Aura Shield > self

Asriel: Detect > self, Dahlia

Nutmeg: Wide Guard > self, Gerri, Dracos

Terry: Fire Fang > Umbreon

Togie: Sky Attack > McKlownley

IC: Xander Cruize (Sylph) - Chamber of Clarity

Xander cast a glance at Esen and offered a shrug He turned and gasped as the Heal Pulse washed over his body. He felt flesh and skin knit together, though the bones in his arm didn't repair themselves. "Thanks," he said, turning again to face McKinley.

Just in time to feel the heat of the flames rushing at him. Crying out, he slashed his hand up, deflecting the worst of the flames away from Lucario, Sylph, Esen, and himself. Sylph scowled. You will not get away! she said as she released a Moon Blast at McKinley.

Xander: Psychic to protect immediate companions.

Sylph: Moon Blast > McKlownley

"Lucan, Icicle Spear and Mirror Shot!"

The Vanilluxe launched several rows of icy spears towards the Haxorus from his right head while the left head produce spheres of metallic power that traveled between each volley of spears towards the Haxorus.

Lancelot slammed himself, James and a barely recovered Richard down to the ground to evade the Flamethrower. Being near the edge of the room, they had time to react before the flame reached them and were mostly unharmed. Mostly, Jamie's suit was not entirely spared. The full realization of said tragedy would not hit James until later, but the suit would not survive. Richard's sobs could still be heard, but they were much better than they would've been if he had been caught in the flames. Hades ran out of the room to hide the violin so it would'nt be damaged in the crossfire.

Galahad rose above the flames without a sound. Celebi too rose above the fire. As the Raichu ran away, she glanced between it and McKinley. With each glance at McKinley, her face grew angrier until she gathered one large tendril together and laucnhed it at the clown, to try and sap the life out of it.

Orpheus grew a bit impatient with Toxic ticking away, so he hopped over to the Umbreon and began to Sing. He sang a quiet lullaby for an audience of one.

OOC:

Celebi: Giga Drain > McKlownley;

Lucan: Icicle Spear + Mirror Shot > Haxorus;

Orpheus: Toxic Turn 3; Sing > Umbreon:

James: Suit singed.

Richard: Stunned

• 2 weeks later...

IC - Sloth/Elijah Alaric/Eileen Alaric - The Chamber of Despair:

Eileen Alaric was not sure how long she had been screaming, but it felt like a very, very long time.

She wasn't sure what she hoped to accomplish with the act, nor with the release of her Blastoise into the room and the subsequent order for her to attack. Each burst of water erupted with the damaged energy of her rage, her pain, her sorrow, her horror--everything that had erupted inside of Eileen as the memories that she had tried so hard to erase came flooding back to her. Had she wanted to goad Sloth into killing her? Had she meant to somehow do what Elijah Alaric, now blank-faced and motionless beside her, had failed to do--destroy the abomination before them?

She didn't know. But it was action. And for the moment, it was all she felt she could do.

The lake in the room had grown much larger now, thanks to Blastoise's efforts. It encircled the entire chamber, a moat that trapped them in the nightmare that had encompassed the room. Sloth remained, just as still as ever, grinning lazily at the pair. Perhaps it was from hers and Elijah's assault on him--who could tell?--but he seemed paler now than ever before, his skin going taut against the bones in his face.

Leif--Liam--had retreated. The Phatump stared at the scene from behind Sleight's legs, hands covering his mouth, eyes wide and shimmering with tears that wouldn't fall.

"Gotta to be honest," Sloth said. "I was hoping you two would be strong enough by now that you'd be able to, you know, get over it. Guess I was wrong. You might as well give up."

"Blastoise," Eileen growled. The Shellfish Pokémon primed her cannons, firing off a powerful Hydro Pump at Sloth. It did no damage.

He glared, more annoyed now than anything else. "How many more times are you two going to do that before you get it through your heads?" Sloth asked. The waters around him rippled and rose, tendrils of shimmering liquid that moved to encircle him like a thousand-armed octopus. "You can't hurt me."

"That won't stop me from trying."

These words cut into Sloth--he flinched, surprised by the energy in Eileen's voice.  The room fell to utter silence. The tendrils of water around Sloth halted, undulating in nervous anticipation. Eileen's fist shook. Sloth stared at her, mouth slightly open. Sleight, too, could only stare at his wife, and Leif at his mother.

Eileen stared back into the demon's eyes, standing her ground. "Inaction already cost one of my sons his life," she said. "It will not kill the other--I refuse to let that happen." She pointed to Sloth, then to the side of the chamber. "This is your last warning: Get out of my way, Sloth."

Sloth's discomfort at this sudden eruption in willpower did not go unnoticed by Sleight. The Shadow Admin alternated his gaze between the Sin and the woman standing before it--Eileen, who had done what Sleight could not, who had taken the time and energy to connect and build something positive between herself and Levi and Leif. Eileen, who had given Sleight's own life so much meaning, who had helped him build something worth protecting--who, he had not even considered, was perhaps more directly devastated by the fire, by Leif's death, by Levi's kidnapping than he was.

Who, despite all of that, now stood before a devil, ready to fight and kill to ensure Levi's continued survival.

Sleight felt a tug at the hem of his pants. He looked down, making eye contact with Leif. He leaned down, taking the Phantump in his arms and cradling him, staring at Eileen all the while. How long had it been now since they had all been together--since the Alarics, all of them, had truly been a family, not just a name in power? He couldn't remember. It was impossible now, of course--what had happened to Leif meant that things would never be the same, not nearly the same as they had once been. But it was close enough. 

Eileen was right: Inaction had killed Leif. They couldn't afford to let the same happen to Levi.

Sleight stepped forward. He, Leif, and Eileen seemed to stare directly through Sloth, into his very soul. The water tendrils rippled and fell. Sloth stepped back, looked at the puddles that marked their prior existence, then slowly raised his eyes back to look at his prey. His mouth twitched and he licked his lip. "Then I guess we're done here?"

In response, Elijah and Eileen Alaric both threw a hand forward. As one, Charizard and Blastoise took aim, launching their final assault toward the Seventh Sin. Flames engulfed Sloth, cascading around him for what felt like an eternity before giving way to a pillar of water that crashed into him with enough force to shatter bone. The combined attack threw Sloth backward, his badly-burnt body landing in front of the chamber's exit. Miraculously, he survived, though visibly struggled to push himself back up.

He had just managed to get himself onto his knees when his symbol appeared underneath him. Sloth sighed, relaxing and drooping his shoulders. He took a deep breath, craning his neck as if to make it pop. Before the Alarics' eyes, Sloth's body began to bubble and boil, slowly evaporating into the air.

Sloth eased his eyes halfway open, grinning. "Took you long enough," he muttered. "Probably wanna hurry down to little Levi if you want to keep that promise of yours . . ."

Sleight and Eileen hardly looked at Sloth as they swept around him and into the tunnel, their Pokémon in tow. Leif was the last one to see the Sin, staring at Sloth over Sleight's shoulder as his father carried him away. Soon, the turn of the tunnel obscured Sloth from view.

He looked triumphant.

IC - THE SHADOWED MAN JOHN FORD - Persian, Umbreon, Haxorus, Arbok, Rapidash, Gogoat, Primeape, Arcanine, Grumpig, Raichu, Tauros

Seeing Bastiodon fall down stirred Gogoat and Tauros's spirits. They waited for the telltale signs of Protect's end, and prepared to attack with Superpower and Giga Impact, respectively.

Umbreon fell to Orpheus's song, and was unable to defend against Terry's Fire Fang. It was, for all intents and purposes, out of the fight.

The combined attacks threw Haxorus across the room.

Arcanine was knocked back, launching a Flamethrower.

Rapidash fell.

And all the while, McKinley laughed.

The eyes on his shoulders and jester cap glowed gold, emitting a metallic energy field that surrounded him. Togie slammed off of the King's Shield, but could not break through; meanwhile Cyndy's Rollout exploded against its surface, and the Moon Blast and Giga Drain from the others dissipated harmlessly into the surrounding air. McKinley jumped backward as the field dropped, maneuvering himself so that he stood between Ford and the others.

"'Get away'?" the clown repeated. "Who said anything about getting away?" He laughed. "I'm right where I want to be!"

Past McKinley, it became very clear why he had moved to attack the group of trainers directly.

The overshadowed Ford had moved to the statue, which by now had stopped glowing. The energy cages around the Nine Children shattered, setting them free; Adams and Pierce ran toward the Shadowed Man, either to subdue him or to check on him--it was difficult to tell. Their efforts were futile, as Nine's arms erupted from Ford's shadow, throwing them back to their spots in the circle. Without so much as a word, the Shadowed Man stooped down, picking up one of the cards and turning around.

The chamber shook.

Above the statue, the crystal ceiling appeared almost to ripple.

McKinley smiled even wider at the sight.

Ford dropped the card on the ground. Then, lifting his cane, he slammed it down.

A flash of light erupted outward, spreading past just the Chamber and out into the world beyond.

It seemed as if it would never end.

Sunday's evenings, eaten by the flames . . .

First time demonstration; second played for keeps . . .

Monday's yearnings, scattered in the wind . . .

Everything for naught, and so forgotten, weeps . . .

Tuesday's warnings, etched in gnarled steel . . .

A song of doubles played, beating darkened drums . . .

Wednesday's musings, thunder in the night . . .

Wicked wenches die, the worst though yet to come . . .

Thursday's tragedy, blessed and wilted wanes . . .
Angels made for Sin, the deed is almost done . . .

Friday's memory, slung in frozen chains . . .
Nearly to the end now, seven turn to one . . .

Saturday's losses, drowned in waters red . . .
Apathy and Treason, joined in Heaven's Deal . . .

Time has passed so slowly, in this murky bed . . .
Death of living locks now break the sacred seals . . .
Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Chl- All four characters==-

At the shattering of the energy cages, Chloe felt that everything had fallen into chaos. She couldn't even move as a wave of dread pierced her from that clown faced McKinley's words. She wanted to yell out, but the cacophony of noises stopped her in her tracks. She wanted to help, but froze in place as the Darkrai-infested Ford knocked his own compatriots away. She wanted to do anything as she glanced up at the ceiling and saw that it looked almost like it was... rippling.

But as the blinding light seemed to pierce every shadow in the room, she couldn't help but watch in shock, shielding her eyes as she felt her stomach drop in dread at what might be next.

Ray's eyes widened in horror. With this... clown running the show, all bets were off. Ray ran a few steps forward, before pausing as Nine shoved Adams and Pierce away. The trainer bit his lip as he glanced around in panic. However, when he looked back, his eyes were drawn to the cane. His mouth was held open as if he were about to yell something, but the words never came before the blinding light forced him to reconsider his options.

Colette and Jenny watched in shock as they finally managed to stand up after the whirlwind of horror. Whatever McKinley had planned now, it seemed to the two girls like that whirlwind might just be the tip of the iceburg. Colette raised her arm as if to try and fire an aura sphere; however, she canceled out the energy quickly, as a bright light was emitted from the middle of the room, forcing both of them to shield their eyes...

Huh, he actually won. Hades thought as he saw the Umbreon fall into sleep. If he had been running a gambling ring, he'd in be in deep debt right now. The Whismur was looking awfully pleased with himself, but also looking in a lot of pain from Toxic. Richard was still regaining his bearings, so Hades grabbed the Poke Ball from his trainer and decided to retire the Whismur himself.

As James got back up, he muttered "What in blazes..." before turning towards his companion and saying, "Lancelot, stand on your guard."

The warning was more for his own sake than Lancelot's. The Scizor was already on guard, ready to make a move when but asked.

Jamie's feelings of 'focus on battle and don't even think about anything else' were intensifying at the latest developments. But the Haxorus was probably no longer her main concern.

"Lucan! Dual-Ice Beam on McKinley!"

The ice-cream sundae deluxe, sharing Jamie's sentiments, tried to form two cold beams to freeze McKinley solid.

Celebi had a pained expression on her face for a moment as she turned towards Ilios for a moment. Turning back towards McKinley, she tried to summon another tendril to have a shot at McKinley again.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

IC: Xander Cruize and Sylph

The duo blinked spots from their vision as the fire dissipated, and Xander growled as he saw McKinley move in front of Ford, and Ford . . .

Xander wasn't sure what Ford had just done. As the burst of light spread through -- and past -- the room, Xander brought his gun up. McKinley, or Ford, who was the target? He wavered for a second before deciding on the person who hadn't just shrugged off several attacks and tried to roast everyone alive.

Taking careful aim with his uninjured arm, he squeezed the trigger on his pistol.

IC: Shannon Willows

Shannon felt like a walking contradiction. She was enjoying the outdoors, but dragging her feet. She was glad for Lucia's company, but annoyed at how the healer was working her towards exhaustion. "My legs are about to turn to Goomy," Shannon panted as she clung to Lucia for support. The two girls were in Ms. Stacy's expansive backyard garden; it was the first time Shannon had been outside since the incident. The bed-ridden girl had been initially enthusiastic about their pleasant stroll through nature. When Lucia had told her they'd be taking ten laps around the gardens, Shannon boldly declared she could do twenty.

Nine laps into the exercise, Shannon was having second thoughts. The sun that had initially warmed her face now beat down on her, her clothes and bandages were drenched in sweat, and were it not for Lucia's support she would have collapsed long ago. "Look, there's a bench... can we at least take a small break?"

"No breaks; didn't you say that you could do twenty laps? I'm going to hold it to you." Lucia's tone was surprisingly sharp, which the healer must have realized, for her features quickly shifted into a more apologetic expression. Regardless, she showed no hint of relenting on the exercise.

Shannon groaned. "I thought you were supposed to help me heal... at this rate I'll be bedridden for another month!"

Lucia gave Shannon a piercing look that she might just have learned from Cassie. "With that attitude you most certainly will." The red haired girl was tempted to bite her lip and just keep quiet, but as they finally came to a halt, she looked straight at the apparently injured girl, a disapproving look on her face. "Look, you need to be honest here; with your injuries, and what I've been seeing, there is no way you should be having this much trouble. I've been covering for you for a while, but you need to start to tell the truth, have you been faking this, this whole time?"

"I... wh-what? Faking?" Shannon felt her heart sink into her stomach. "O-of course not, why would I..." Lucia's gaze cut through Shannon's lies. She averted her eyes like a child caught stealing candy. "W-well, I may have... exaggerated my pain a bit these last few days. B-but it wasn't to take advantage of you or Ms. Stacy or anything, I promise! I-I'm very, truly grateful for everything that you've done for me! I just... I... I didn't know what else to do..." Her exhaustion finally caught up with her, and it was with much guilt that Shannon sat down on the bench, twiddling her thumbs in a clearly anxious mood.

Togie was not about to put up with McKinley straight up blocking his attack. It was clear the monster clown was guarding something, and a cane tap and sudden flash of light turned the Togekiss' attention to Ford. Glancing between The Shadowed Man and the true mastermind, Togie decided the one being guarded was more important than the one doing the guarding. Summoning every ounce of speed, Togie attempted to Extremespeed toward Ford to knock him off the pedestal whilst trying to ignore the sinking feeling that he was already too late.

Standing behind a steel bastion of a Pokémon has its advantages and disadvantages. For one, Dack had no need to worry about McKinley's Flamethrower, for Bastiodon had formed a near-impenetrable shield. On the other hand, just as the shield started to dissipate, the felled fortress became the target of a charging bull and ram. And so Dack could be forgiven if he scrambled to back away from his Pokémon to avoid getting hit in the crossfire. Bastiodon lumbered to her feet, knowing there was no way she could avoid the attacks. Instead she stood her ground, attempting to meet the Gogoat and Tauros with a stalwart Iron Head. At the very least it would help to minimize the damage, although Bastiodon had a feeling she wouldn't last in this fight much longer.

Asriel's frantic barking brought Dahlia to her senses. She looked up and was surprised to see her Pokémon more agitated than she had ever seen him before. It was as if a terrible disaster was just moments away, and the Absol could do nothing but wait for their predestined doom. With a sinking feeling Dahlia realized that it was because of her vulnerability that Asriel could do nothing to try and prevent the disaster that was about to come. The gardener struggled to her feet and lay a hand on Asriel's side. "I-I'll be okay..." she muttered. "You do what you need to do." Rather than leap toward McKinley or Ford, Asriel merely stepped to place himself between McKinley and Dahlia. The Absol wore an expression not of grim determination, but of fear.

Jayron cursed himself for not keeping a better eye on Ford. As the cane descended, Jayron reached out to give a mental command to Lucario. The two aura wielders, human and Pokémon, raised their arms toward McKinley. The flash of light disoriented them if only for a moment. Jayron quickly recovered and attempted to fire an aura sphere at McKinley, trusting Lucario to do the same.

Terry turned to congratulate the Whismur on their small victory. Before he could wonder why his newfound ally had just been recalled by a Sableye, nine energy cages shattered and a single voice rose above the din to reach Terry's ears.

"Ellen!"

The desperation in Paul's voice spurred Terry into action. He aimed to race past McKinley and skirt around the right side of the pedestal past Hayes on his way to Ellen. And so he ran, heedless of any danger that might befall him.

Ryan saw Ford move on the other side of the statue. A plan started to form in the Liberty agent's mind. Most of the fight was taking place on the other side of the chamber; if Ford expected an attack, it would be from there. He would not expect an attack from the other side of the statue. Pulling himself into a crouching position, Ryan readied his hand on Quil's Pokéball. A surprise Rollout should be enough to knock The Shadowed Man away from whatever ritual he had planned. He would have to apologize later, but for as much as Ford wanted to prevent catastrophe, McKinley clearly had something sinister in mind.

Before Ryan could launch his attack, the energy shield behind him shattered. His eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of Nine's arms lashing out at Pierce and Hayes. Paul's voice cried out. Fearing the other Children might be next on the Ancient Darkrai's hit list, Ryan whirled around and wrapped his arms around Ellen. The Ninth Child did not return his embrace. Instead she stood petrified, the color drained from her face. "Shh. You're okay..." Ryan said softly as he tried to shield her eyes from the horrors unfolding behind them. "It'll be okay..." He glanced to the right at the fallen form of Kyle, then looked left at Ray. He tried to make himself believe his own words. "We'll be okay..."