Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan/Ellen

"Yeah, good idea; we don't want a repeat of Accumula Town," Ellen said gravely.

"Right..." Ryan agreed, giving Ellen a worried look. "I don't think we'd reach that level of destruction with a simple test run."

IC: Dack

"Good morning," Palmer greeted Zac. The Frontier Brain quickly filled Zac in on their plan to sail to Veilstone and from their head to the Void Tower.

As Palmer was talking, the nurse arrived with some supplies for their journey: a handful of Super Potions and Full Heals. "It's the least I can do," she said as her Chansey helped deliver the supplies to Palmer, Dack, Zac, and Luke.

"Thanks," Dack said, stowing the medicine in his pack. "Now, are we ready to go?"

"I think we are," Palmer said, standing up. The group left the Pokemon Center and headed toward the docks.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: ZacZac had decided to send out Z-pup, to walk along beside him as they walked towards the docks, "Is this the only Void Tower?" Zac asked, "Or are there more like it scattered across Sinnoh?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Ryan

"Alright, then," Ryan said, leading the group over to the Alamo's entrance. "This should definitely be interesting."

"As far as I can tell, this seems to be the only one," Palmer said with a nod toward the tall spire that was barely visible in the distance. "Although, assuming that the Darkrai are using them as a sort of stronghold to gather energy, it wouldn't surprise me if they made another one in Hoenn. And once they take over Kanto and Johto, I bet they plan to build towers there as well."

"Hopefully by the time they finish building those, we'll have taken this one down," Dack said. As they reached the harbor, Palmer picked out a boat that would be small enough to travel quickly and quietly, yet strong enough to withstand the fierce storms that seemed to be plaguing the seas around Sinnoh. Dack stared at the Void Tower with defiance. "What do you suppose that thing's made out of?" he asked.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Zac "Shadows?" Zac asked, hoping he would know,"I am not really sure, but I assume whatever it is, it would have to be some sort of materiel that produces some sort of power and would also be a pain to take down," Shadows guessed, "Just a hunch though,""Well, I got Digger to use Drill Run, and Bladesman to use Close Combat on it, hopefully that should help," Zac said

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Kyle Eston - The Alamo: Kyle opened his mouth to say something, still preoccupied with his original intent of checking on Sonja, but sighed quietly instead, shaking his head. Placing his hands in his pockets, he followed after the others, making a mental note to head to her room once he finished helping the others with their demonstration.

Besides, he figured reluctantly. I guess this is more important than one person... His gaze dropped to the floor. And I suppose I am curious about this, myself... But still...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Evan Tierra, Four Island beach

As soon as the group exited the Alamo, Evan held out his hand to Kyle.

"Shake my hand, and we can begin.", Evan said, "Be aware, I am not sure what may happen."

With that, Kyle reached his hand out and shook Evan's hand. Suddenly, Evan's mind was jolted with memories. He saw a young boy fleeing a city. He saw Kyle lying down, a wound in his chest. He then saw Kyle, kissing a woman who looked slightly older than him. He saw a Suicune looking at the night sky, an aura of comfort around her. But all of that was nothing compared to what he felt next. He felt a weight that almost felt familiar to him, that being of loss and grief..........

IC - Zac Flash, Unova"Meloetta!" Zac called. The Legendary Pokemon stood on her pedestal, eyeing him. "I need your help." It's eyes remained silent."In regions far from here, Pokemon known as Darkrai are terrorizing, trapping people in endless nightmares," Zac reasoned. Still, there was nothing but indifference radiating from Meloetta. Why would it concern me? Pokemon known as Cresselia have power to expel nightmares. Unless much has changed in the last 20 years, there is one residing within Unova. Go bother it with your petty requests.Ouch, Zac thought. "You don't understand. Without a doubt, they will advance to here. It will be too late when that happens."From behind the blocked entrance, Plasma grunts began ordering Pokemon to break in.They're so loud, Meloetta said. ENOUGH. She used Hyper Voice. Using her control over her voice, the attack seeped through the cracks of the entrance, not damaging the wall itself. How can one deal with a petty trainer like yourself with prison wardens breaking in?

"Yeah, I never really considered how we're supposed to take down the tower," Dack admitted.

At that moment, Palmer called them over to the boat he had chosen. It was a small and sleek vessel -- so small, in fact, that they wouldn't have much room to walk around.

"Well, it's certainly no luxury cruise liner," Dack muttered.

"But it's enough to get the job done," Palmer explained. "I'd like to get to Veilstone as quickly and as quietly as possible. This boat will allow us to do just that, to 'slip under the radar,' if you will."

"Do you really think that's necessary?" Dack asked as they hopped on board. "I mean, with the exception of the occasional wild Pokemon that's gone berserk, practically everyone is asleep."

"You can never be too careful," the Tower Tycoon warned, keeping a wary eye on the horizon as they set off.

IC: Ryan/Ellen

Ryan looked at the two trainers, wondering how the power of Space would manifest itself in Kyle.

Ellen could see in Evan's face that something was up. For a moment, she wondered if the strain of sharing his power with Kyle had been greater than the Hero of Space had anticipated.

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: For a brief moment, Kyle hesitated, biting his lip as he slowly raised a hand. Steeling himself for whatever sensation of pain or power might overwhelm him, he clasped Evan's hand. The feeling that shot through him was not at all what he had expected, and as a result he let out a short gasp.

The world seemed to freeze around Kyle and Evan as his mind was flooded with dozens, maybe hundreds or thousands of images--too much for the trainer to process everything, at any rate. He stared blankly past the Hero of Space as emotions and brief flashes of events became more coherent in his mind, slowing down amidst the whirlwind of thought.

Fear and uncertainty cascaded over him as he saw a young, mid-teenaged trainer fleeing into a cave in Sinnoh, running into a small, female Gible. Panic that had settled in wavered slightly as human and Pokémon met each other, as other creatures pulled themselves from the darkened backdrop...

Shadow swirled all around a many pillared tower as three trainers stood staunchly in the face of a human corrupted by darkness incarnate. Evan and Gnip stood side by side with Seth, Kinali, and select others, glowing with power as they faced a trainer unfamiliar to Kyle...

Golden flames engulfed the land and sea as Ho-Oh waged its fiery vengeance against the shadowed organization. Confusion gave rise to rage as their leader unveiled the truth behind their operations to Evan, darkness blotting his vision. Like a marionette, his movements controlled by the puppetmaster that was his other side, a portal opened, pulling the shocked trainer into its midst, doomed to die alone...

An old woman, peering out from her deathbed, looking on with a smile, knowing that her beloved Pokémon would not suffer her fate. Content, the Elite Four member breathed her last...

Contentment and understanding as electrical wounds final took their toll, bringing Evan Tierra to his end, only to be called back one final time...

The exchange of power and memories could not have lasted for more than a few moments, though to Kyle it felt like an eternity. When the storm passed, he felt only a gradual return to his senses, feeling a new understanding of Evan Tierra beginning to manifest in his mind. He stared at the Hero of Space's visage, hands still linked together. Blinking several times to clear his mind, Kyle slowly lowered his hand, becoming aware of a strange, almost electrical sensation throughout his body as he did so.

"What... was that?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Evan Tierra, Beach

"Ah, so you felt it too?", Evan said, breaking the handshake, "You saw my memories, or at least a few of them. I also saw your memories. You've had a tough time of it, Kyle Eston. Now let's see if those trials have steeled you for this. C'mon out, Vlad!"

Evan gently tossed out his Gliscor's poke ball. The Gliscor danced cheerfully at the sight of his master being alive and well.

"Send out your pokemon and we shall see how the power works with you." Evan said.

IC: Zac"Remember what I said earlier? That guy I talke about who attacked me and had those strange powers? Plus, what if the Darkrai come back find out we are awake and that we just helped some wake up from their nightmarish comas. Palmer is right this boat will have to do," Zac said, putting Z-Pup back in his respective pokeball and Shadows heading into Zac's shadow,"Sinnoh has become the twilight zone,"

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: "I see..." Kyle said. He glanced at the sea in thought, wondering... I saw some pretty deep things, then, from the looks of it... What exactly did you see...?

"You've had a tough time of it, Kyle Eston," Evan said. "Now let's see if those trials have steeled you for this. C'mon out, Vlad!" Kyle looked back at Evan in slight surprise at this. "Send out your Pokémon and we shall see how the power works with you."

"Right," Kyle responded, reaching for Kovian's Pokéball. However, he felt a mental nudge--familiar in sensation, and yet impossible given how he had felt it in the past. He stopped, reaching instead for Ruj's container, getting the sense that the Gliscor wanted to battle. Shaking his head slightly, he went with his instinct, grabbing and hurling the ball into the air.

"Glisss!" Ruj hissed happily as he emerged with a white, slightly pink flash, snapping his pincers in challenge toward Vlad. Kyle stared at the Flying-Ground type curiously. Was it his imagination, or did Ruj seem... different... as if he were emanating another power...?

"Right," Kyle repeated. "I'll start us off, then, I guess. Ruj, use Swords Dance!"

"Scor!" With a growl, the flying scorpion spun and twisted in midair, a red glow surrounding him as his attack increased. Kyle placed his hand in his pocket again, waiting and watching to see what Evan would try...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

They sat in silence for a while as Palmer navigated the boat. The waters were relatively calm, although the occasional forked lightning in the distance served as a reminder that danger was not very far away.

"Hmm," Palmer said thoughtfully after a while. "Even if Cresselia was able dispel these nightmares as easily as she can with those from a regular Darkrai, I don't think it would be smart to wander around Sinnoh, waking everyone up one by one. The Darkrai may be preoccupied with Hoenn and the other regions, but sooner or later, I think they would notice that their victims have woken up."

"But wouldn't destroying that tower have the same effect of drawing their attention?" Dack asked.

"Probably," Palmer admitted. "But if we're right in assuming that the tower serves as a focal point for absorbing energy from the victims trapped in nightmares, then destroying the tower would do a lot more damage to the Darkrai than waking up a few people. Although I'm not as worried about the Darkrai themselves as I am about what they may have left behind to guard this region." The Frontier Brain turned to look at Zac. "That guy you mentioned... where did you say you encountered him?"

IC: Ellen

Ellen watched the battle unfold with interest. "Hey, Evan, you know what this reminds me of?" she said with a smile. "When we first met you outside of Striaton City, and you battled each of us to test our skills."

IC: Zac"Well, I encountered him in Jubilife, and from what he said he sensed me an my pokemon were here, so I assumed when he discovered that he began to follow me, and followed me to Jubilife. Bladesman, my Gallade, and Shadows told me to leave, an so I did, and after the battle was done, the guy teleported Bladesman to where I was, wounded and bruised..." Zac said,"I tried using Dark Void and Dark Pulse, but the man managed to absorb my attacks, and his pokemon were truly strong, I'm surprised Bladesman survived..." Shadows stated,"He probably thinks I'm still here, and if he discovers that people were still alive... I don't want to imagine what would happen," Zac said,

IC: Evan Tierra: Beach

"It does, doesn't it?", Evan said to Ellen with a smile, "Now Vlad, show 'em your Swords Dance and then an Ice Fang!"

The Gliscor swooped round and round, clacking his pincers like a pair of castanets, a red glow enveloping him. The Gliscor cried out happily at being able to dance again. He then broke out of his dancing and swooped towards Ruj, fangs glowing with cold energy......

"You say he absorbed a Dark Void and Dark Pulse?" Palmer said with a worried look. "Something tells me this guy is more than just a regular human."

"If he followed you to Jubilife," Dack frowned, "how do you know he didn't follow you to Snowpoint and the Battle Zone? You could have led him right to those people we just helped save."

IC: Zac"I...I don't know... " Zac said,"If we destroy that Void Tower he could be attracted to it and forget about the awakened humans," Shadows said

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: Kyle's eyes were glued to the two Gliscor as Vlad closed the distance between himself and Ruj. As soon as he was within range, the Liberty agent issued his order. "Ruj, Sky Uppercut!"

He had barely begun speaking before his Gliscor followed through with the attack, spinning in midair to gain momentum as he swung his left claw up, catching Vlad in the jaw and knocking him off course. He followed the other Gliscor's path, flying closely beneath him before swerving to the right, his other claw glowing purple with the energy of a Night Slash attack...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Evan Tierra: Beach

"Get it together, Vlad!", Evan said, grinning big, "Break his momentum with Acrobatics and make it showy!"

Vlad shook his head, a little dazed from the uppercut. With great nimbleness, Vlad dodged the Night Slash with a spin, hitting Ruj with his pincer as he turned towards him.

IC Vincent"No," I said, staring at the water, "And I don't have the HM either." This waas inconvenient. Should have paid more attention to the map. Curse me thrice for being so stupid. "So we hit the drink?" I asked. Swimming wasn't the best option but as far as I knew, no pokemon knew Surf naturally... did they?

IC Kaito

"Or... We could... No, it would never hold... hmm... the gap is too wide to... I'd say this is our best bet. Ren?" Kaito sent out his Porygon. "Use Tri Attack!" Ren shot a Tri Attack at the water... which merely boiled for a few seconds. "Okay, one more time." Ren fired another Tri Attack and the water sparked, electrolyzed, and fizzled out. Several tries later, the water froze over. "Finally..." Kaito stepped on the ice. Sure enough, it held. "I think this should work..."

aouROFb.png

OOC:

IC Kaito

The group made their way to Undella town, but...

Kaito pointed across the water at the route. "Um, does anyone have a Pokemon that can use Surf, by any chance?"

IC Vincent"No," I said, staring at the water, "And I don't have the HM either."... Swimming wasn't the best option but as far as I knew, no pokemon knew Surf naturally... did they?

Um... Guise... Directing your attention to the first post:

TM/HM FactorTMs and HMs are rather curious items in the games. When you use one, provided it is an attack that your Pokémon can learn, it will automatically teach the specified move to that Pokémon. The workings behind this have never been revealed. For the purposes of this game, though, an explanation must be given.Essentially, TMs and HMs act as computerized instruction booklets, giving you information on how to teach an attack to a Pokémon but not necessarily allowing them to use it right away. Using these instructions, you can teach your Pokémon how to use the move, though it will require practice before they master it (about the duration of one mission.)However, there is a rather annoying technicality with most HMs: Most are things your Pokémon should already know how to do, like swimming (Surf) and flying (Fly) for example. Well, needless to say that I'm not going to not let you use a Pokémon to fly around or swim from place to place without being taught the move. However, to use them in battle, your Pokémon would have to learn how to manipulate whatever it is they are doing, like using a large amount of water for Surf.

... Yah. If you guys weren't aware of that I suggest you look over the first post again--you're probably missing other important rule information. ;)

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: "Keep at it, Ruj!" Kyle called. The Gliscor smiled as Vlad struck him, grabbing his opponent's arm with his own pincer. Immediately upon gaining a solid grip, Ruj turned downward, dragging Vlad with him as he attempted to throw the enemy Gliscor into the sand below...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"Well, there's not much we can do about it now," Palmer shrugged. "Don't feel too bad about it, Zac. From your story, it sounds like you were lucky to escape."

Dack said nothing as he looked out across the sea. He could only hope that Snowpoint and the Battle Zone remained safe. Just who was this guy Zac had faced? And where was he now?

OOC: I guess we could, at the very least the mere sight of Meloetta will make Richard stick to Zac like glue.And Blade, we still need to figure out what Lucia and Jamie are supposed to be doing.

IC: Richard was skipping. Why, he just felt like it. Skip, skip, skip. Dionysus was trying to skip as well, but being a Snorlax is not beneficial to skipping, but he managed. Erebus would skip but it hard for a Tentacool to jump. So he just gliding along the wet ground. Hades was running to get out of the rain.

YOU JUST HAD TO KEEP TRYING RAIN DANCE UNTIL IT WORKED DIDN'T YOU!! the irate Sableye shouted towards Richard.

Richard could tell from the tone that it was best not to try and understand him right now.

AND WHAT'S WORSE WE'RE LOST, WITHOUT ANY FOOD, MONEY OR SHELTER!! which was then followed by a long string of words which made both Erebus and Dionysus flinch and made Richard really glad he couldn't understand Hades at the time.

Richard figured it was best to let Hades be for a while.

OOC: By the way for when I get a chance to (after the buffer ends)

Species: Magikarp

Nickname: Oceanus

Trainer: Richard Apollo

Appearance: Pretty standard for a Magikarp, size is above the mean but not incredibly.

Personality: A pretty Jolly guy most of the time and likes to have fun (and flop around). Only times he is not happy is whenever he sees a guitar. Thing is, Oceanus has an intense desire to learn the guitar, but is stonewalled by the fact he is doesn't have anybody to teach him, or any money to buy one, or arms.

Ability: Swift Swim

Specialty: Magikarps have a use?

Known Moves: Tackle, Flail, Splash, Splash, Splash, Splash

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Evan Tierra, Four Island Beach

"He's wide open!", Evan said, smirking, "Use Ice Fang on him, Vlad!"

Vlad bit down on Ruj with cold-infused fangs. Ruj held on steadfastly, slamming Vlad into the sand.....

IC: Feral Tierra, Exiting Wayward Cave

"That should do it.", Feral said, grinning madly at the destruction he had wrought upon the cavern, "What else can I do?"

Feral exited from the cave, yawning. He was still tired from fighting Ho-oh and that trainer. Not to mention destroying an entire city and part of a cave. Lying down, Feral fell sound asleep, his pokemon standing guard over him.......

IC - Zac Flash, Unova

"Prison wardens?" Zac asked, confused. "Aren't the Plasma agents there to protect you?"

Protect me? Meloetta responded, scoffing. You've seen the way they battle. They can barely protect themselves. Besides, nobody knows there's a Harmony Temple out here. Nobody but Team Plasma and you, anyway.

"That's odd, because the only reason I found this place was because of a book. There are six more, aren't there?"

The Meloetta crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one side. A book has information? She paused, unsure of what to say. Destroy it. If you would. As to your question... Originally, there are six more. However, due to an earthquake that shook Unova many, many years ago, only five more stand today. The seventh lies at the bottom of the ocean. As I understand, the contents have been looted time and time again. Such a disgrace to the king.

OOC: Minun: Magikarp only learns Splash once. Aside from that, approved.

: p

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: Kyle didn't need to issue an order as Ruj continued with the plan. Grimacing in pain from the freezing bite, the Gliscor released Vlad several feet from the ground, tail glowing purple as he used Poison Jab on his opponent. The attack sent Evan's Gliscor into the sand as Ruj pulled up, turning to see whether Vlad had survived the strike and impact or not...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Vlad laid in the sand, his body still and glowing purple, indicating he had been poisoned. Slowly though, the Gliscor got up, his eyes shining with new vitality. He clacked his pincers open and closed. Vlad looked towards Ruj, poised to strike. "Scorrrrr...." Vlad growled at Ruj.

"Oh boy, I would hate to be in your Gliscor's position right now.", Evan said, grinning big, "My Vlad was the only good thing to come out of working for the Searchers. He was specially bred not only to be immune to poison, but to FEED off of it. I'm not sure how it affects his personality, seeing as this is the first time he's ever had this done to him. Time to find out! Vlad, Acrobatics!"

Vlad swooped towards Ruj, still clacking his claws rhytmically like castanets. He whipped his tail towards Ruj to fake him out, then sliced at him with his left pincer....

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: Kyle smiled very, very slightly at this turn of events. The reason became clear as a very dull, purplish glow began to appear in his eyes, matching a similar glow that was emerging in Ruj's. "Well," he said. "That puts us on equal footing, then."

Indeed, it did. Ruj spun to dodge the tail, and then his own claw glowed black as he used Night Slash to block Vlad's second hit, locking the two Gliscor in a battle of endurance, the two flying scorpions staring each other steadfastly in the eye.

"I think that's enough," Kyle said at length, watching the two for some time. "I had an inkling of this at the start, but I think I can say for certain now that the power you've given me acts as a way to enhance my Pokémons' abilities--I've never seen Ruj hit or move that skillfully before." He shrugged. "It's probably a good time to see what everyone else can do."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"It fits you like a glove!", Evan said, smiling, "This will be helpful in the battle to come."

Evan turned towards Ryan and Ellen, looking intrigued. He then pointed towards Ellen.

"Wanna give the power of Space a shot, Ellen?", Evan said, "I'd like to see how it would help you."