Bionicle Tahu Lavasurf

vicente steffens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think they're referring to the 2001 set of Tahu having pink eyes rather than orange.

This model alone is praiseworthy, I don't have time to watch the animation so I can't comment on that. The style is very similar to a style I remember seeing around here more than a decade ago. (Sheesh, that feels weird to say!) Do you have any plans for the other Toa Mata?

On 2/10/2020 at 2:31 PM, AZBlue said:

I think they're referring to the 2001 set of Tahu having pink eyes rather than orange.

This model alone is praiseworthy, I don't have time to watch the animation so I can't comment on that. The style is very similar to a style I remember seeing around here more than a decade ago. (Sheesh, that feels weird to say!) Do you have any plans for the other Toa Mata?

You've been on here for more than a decade? Dang man, that's awesome!

Ahh yeah that makes sense. But honestly I could image this as a cinematic Toa Tahu rendering, and nearly all of those character renderings have that yellow/orange eye, I think it fits pretty well.

2 hours ago, Wxiba said:

You've been on here for more than a decade? Dang man, that's awesome!

Ahh yeah that makes sense. But honestly I could image this as a cinematic Toa Tahu rendering, and nearly all of those character renderings have that yellow/orange eye, I think it fits pretty well.

My account will be old enough to vote in the US in June :D 

Having just purchased a 3D Printer, I would love to get the model for the mask to make into an actual part, though some modification will be needed in order to be usable.

5 hours ago, AZBlue said:

My account will be old enough to vote in the US in June :D 

Having just purchased a 3D Printer, I would love to get the model for the mask to make into an actual part, though some modification will be needed in order to be usable.

Oh that's a fantastic idea, it should also be possible to scale it up for cosplay purposes too. 

answering:

Personally, I prefer to use an eye tone that fits more to the character's style, whether good or bad or cold (as kopaka), in results I look for the character to feel "alive".

Time after having made this model, make some modifications, the objective, avoid some design problems.
It will take a while to share 3d content, but I hope that it will be to your liking what will come next.

On 12/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Great model! Do you suppose you could create models for the rest of the Toa Mata? I would especially like to see Kopaka.

I thought about it, but for now it will be best to work on bionicle characters that have different bodies.

but it is not something that is completely discarded