A simple little Hahli

That Matoran with a Vahi

Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to post this for a bit. It's... not anything super-spectacular - as much as I'd like to produce more Bionicle artwork, capturing their detailed mechanical appearances doesn't come easily to me nowadays - but, at the very least, an attempt was made to get back into the style. I ran with movie style because... well, I've always loved how those old movies looked, anyway. And it just feels more natural to me than set-based style.

Also, considering I signed up to a movie-style animation project on here earlier in the year, I certainly need the practice!

ddkarqa-a71cc3cf-600f-4996-b5f1-9e4b7492

I actually drew this several months back; only, I procrastinated on doing the final shading until recently. Not altogether sure whether I'm happy with it or not; but I figured, why not share it here anyway? It's far from the worst work I've shown here xD

Drawn with a wacom bamboo tablet in FireAlpaca; final shading added in Photoshop.

Um... I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to drawing Bionicle characters. Constructive advice is welcome?

• Like 8

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

She's very cute. I love her expression. It's especially hard to make them emote with the masks, and you made it work as well as Miramax did. Can't wait to see your movie-style animations.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

That's really amazing! =D You have a really nice, clean style going on there - for a second I was wondering if this was actually done with vectors. (also, nice digital lineart. I always struggle with that ^^')

Something about the perspective on the mask strikes me as a bit odd, but other than that, there's not really much to criticize here. :)

Keep up the good work, I'd love to see more of your art! :fonz:

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aw cute, love how you made her metal torso and mask so fluid and rounded in shape, really brings home the organic components of her body, and it fits a Ga-Matoran. Great job capturing the look of the movie Matoran too.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali