Ok, comics forum...

Lemony Lepid

Don't fail me now. 

I need help finding the source of several BZPower comic in-jokes. Most are relics of the old forums, but they *must* exist somewhere. They really are just old memories, but I must find them for my own old in-jokes to make sense.

My request list for you scavengers out there:

The ghost of Billy Mays

Turaga Matau's furniture warehouse, "Everything must go!"

The MSPainted Noobicorn from Noobicorn INC

An arc about a shadow caring for 2 small children in a snowy place. I think this was from Galva's comics

And something about when the fourth wall breaks, it begins raining pies or something

Welp, good luck. :eyeboggle:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Hey, fancy seeing you here!

Anyway, I recognize three of these. I remember the furniture store, the Noobicorn, and the kids from Gavla's Comics. Matau's furniture store, though; man, that was a throwback. I think the author was VakamaTK (now Tavakai) or BladeTitan974. Was probably the former. Now, we both know majhost is done for, so I looked in the old VakamaTK Brickshelf, but my efforts were fruitless. If you can spot the original comic, that's awesome. I might keep looking in the next day or so.

As for the other two jokes I know, that'll require some further digging, and I'm willing to help. It's great to have another comic maker that's still here, and I'm gonna do what I can for you.

• Like 1

mindeth the cobwebs

On 12/15/2019 at 8:03 AM, Nathan Evo said:

The first two were both from my old stuff.

HI, BILLY MAYS HERE WITH YOUR CHRISTMAS PAST

CRAZY MATAU'S FURNITURE WAREHOUSE

The Billy Mays joke is a bit dated, but I still kinda get a kick out of Crazy Matau's Furniture Warehouse, personally.

Dude you flippin rock. Thank you so much.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:20 PM, Taria Pakari said:

Gav put his comics into Imgur galleries after Majhost went dead, so the arc you're after is likely in amongst all that (assuming it was Gavla, but I'm fairly sure it was). There's a LOT of comics in there, so good luck.

OMG thank you for finding that! <3

On 12/14/2019 at 12:44 AM, Sybre said:

Hey, fancy seeing you here!

Anyway, I recognize three of these. I remember the furniture store, the Noobicorn, and the kids from Gavla's Comics. Matau's furniture store, though; man, that was a throwback. I think the author was VakamaTK (now Tavakai) or BladeTitan974. Was probably the former. Now, we both know majhost is done for, so I looked in the old VakamaTK Brickshelf, but my efforts were fruitless. If you can spot the original comic, that's awesome. I might keep looking in the next day or so.

As for the other two jokes I know, that'll require some further digging, and I'm willing to help. It's great to have another comic maker that's still here, and I'm gonna do what I can for you.

Thank you thank you thank you!

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Matau's Furniture store is one I almost forgot about. The pies thing sounds familiar, but then again, this is the BZPower Comic Forum we're talking about..... Pies weren't exactly uncommon back in the day. I swear, the Comic Land had some secret warehouse of cookies, pies, and Sprite just stacked floor to ceiling. Anyway, I wish I could be of more assistance, but sadly, I can't pinpoint a specific instance that that might have come from.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~