Day 2 - Son of Makuta - Shapeshifting by [VB]

Son of Makuta - Shapeshifting Teaser Image
The Rahkshi were a revolutionary step up for Bionicle sets back in the day, but in the end they were all just one design. Back in February, [VB] designed a MOC based on one of the Rahkshi powers we didn't see in the story: Shapeshifting. The sturdy legs and golden spines are nicely detailed, and the kraata head invokes the imagery of the Mask of Light movie Rahkshi very well. But what really makes this model stand out are the crazy curves and tendrils as it shapeshifts its left arm. The action in the pose really gives character to the Rahkshi and its abilities!

View the full article

• Like 1

WHOA that's really cool. I'm always amazed by how much detail people are able to get out of these pieces, especially when they're used in such unexpected and ingenious ways; it makes for a really epic end result. Like you say, too, the action pose it brings out makes it work even better... though I can't even imagine the effort that went into getting all those click-hinges perfectly posed!

(Also, sorry to mention it, but the link in the description takes me to yesterday's MOC, instead of today's ^^; The image link on the full article page works as it should, though ^^)

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

14 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

(Also, sorry to mention it, but the link in the description takes me to yesterday's MOC, instead of today's ^^; The image link on the full article page works as it should, though ^^)

I was going to make a joke that all these are just going to link back to Pat's MOC, but then I checked my prepared code and the URLs are all the same... well I guess I somehow did a find and replace...?

:music: