What if Star Trek encountered Bionicle

Alexander123

• Scenario 1: The Enterprise of Star Trek Enterprise discovers current Spherus Magna
  • Scenario 2: The Enterprise of the Original Series discovers current Spherus Magna
  • Scenario 3: The Enterprise of The Next Generation discovers current Spherus Magna
  • Scenario 4: Current Spherus Magna is discovered by the Voyager from Star Trek Voyager
  • Scenario 5: Q teleports current Spherus Magna into the same system as Deep Space 9
  • Scenario 6: Current Spherus Magna is discovered by the Discovery
  • Bonus Scenario: Current Spherus Magna is discovered in the mirror universe

Discuss what you think would happen if Bionicle was placed in Star Trek. The Scenarios are placed above.

Not much I'd assume. From what I understand of Star Trek's Prime Directive, The Federation cannot interfere with pre-warp societies. While The Great Beings may have had some faster than light travel tech available and Mata Nui may have been built with that available; by the time of the restoration of Spherus Magna its clear most of the inhabitants of the world wouldn't have the knowledge to create the kind of tech The Federation would use a milestone to permit First Contact. 

Yes there are certainly very powerful Kanohi that would be considered "high-tech" by Federation standards, but how would an orbiting ship be able to detect stuff like the Vahi, Olmak or Ignika from space? Could the Matoran or Agori even be able to explain to the tech focused Federation that "these magic masks control life and time themselves!"? Its the type of magic and faith based lifestyle permeating the Bionicle world, that just clashes with Trek's secular and scientific world; which makes me think all any Federation crew would do is set up remote observation of Spherus Magna and wait quietly for the society to develop technologically. If anything the amount of cyborg tech on Spherus Magna and the complete alien nature of the world could cause the Federation to mistake it as some sort of Borg world and flee from the planet. 

Now if there is one thing near Spherus Magna that might attract the attention of a visiting Federation ship... its the Red Star. A large orbital booster (with possible warp drive capability) full of cyborgs claiming they were brought back from the dead just floating derelict in space? That would be more likely to see an actual visit from Federation crew than the ground denizens of Spherus Magna. Even then, everything from the Matoran Universe was so compartmentalized, I doubt anyone on-board the Red Star could adequately explain what it is or how it functions... meaning that unless the Matoran trapped on the star convinced any Federation ship to ferry them back to Spherus Magna (unlikely seeing its possible the Matoran don't even know what Spherus Magna is and that the Great Spirit Robot they used to live on was destroyed); the Federation would probably just get some data then again resort to observation. 

Really the only scenario I could see this ending were the Federation is not doing some sort of remote observation, is if they encountered the Great Spirit Robot prior to Makuta's virus and it crashing onto Aqua Magna. A massive robot the size of a planet? Likely the type of curiosity trap that could convince some Federation commander to send a few away teams to the interior to start poking around a bit. We don't even know though how Matoran would react to humans... its possible that as part of the body's immune functions that the Toa/Turaga/Matoran and other races might just attempt to kill or remove the human visitors it sees as a foreign invader. 

• Like 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

5 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

From what I understand of Star Trek's Prime Directive, The Federation cannot interfere with pre-warp societies.

Fair, but we don't know if it truly is a pre-warp society-we don't know exactly how the Great Spirit Robot got around, maybe by using warp drive...? The Vulcans made First Contact with earth after just one warp drive test flight, so it wasn't exactly widespread at the time.

I'm a Next Gen. guy, so I can really only take a crack at number 3:

I do agree with Xboxtravis in that if they just happened to pass by they likely wouldn't have done much more than observe, they don't have a reason to stop. 

BUT, if something forced them to explore the planet (say, they needed resources to repair the Dilithium Chambers or something), then Data would obviously be the first to communicate with them. I wouldn't be too surprised if Data or other members of the crew were mistaken for Great Beings (unless the GBs had already come out of hiding). If/when they became allies, I feel like Picard would either want to utilize their "magical technology" (kanohi, elemental powers, kita fusions, etc) against the Borg with the hopes that the Borg would not be able to assimilate that sort of tech. OR it could go the opposite-he might beg them to go into hiding or to defend themselves to prevent the Borg from getting such tech (if they did they would be literally invincible). Either way there would be lots of conversations with Picard and Riker with Dume, Vakama, Raanu, Tahu, and Ackar.

I could see Worf sparring with various characters for fun (he would likely see the Pakari as a challenge), and I feel like he would hit it off with Axonn. Geordie LaForge and Nuparu would be best buds (Geordie would probably get a kick out of the Vahki and the Boxors). The Ga-Matoran healers would probably offer to restore Geordie's sight, but he would turn down the offer.

If Q and Vezon ever met each other I hate to think what would happen.....

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts on the subject. 

• Like 1

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

21 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

If Q and Vezon ever met each other I hate to think what would happen.....

I think all of reality would cease to exist. That or Q would finally become the hero he knows he can be.

Of all the crews most likely to interact with the Matoran on Spherus Magna, I'd say Archer or Janeway's would definitely. The other three major crews would need a really good reason outside of standard curiosity. The NX-01 tended to get involved with pre-warp cultures against the advice of the Vulcans. Voyager on the other hand would only visit if it needed a particular resource they scanned on Spherus Magna, but would flee at the first sight of Bio-mechanical beings.

Archer would be completely out of his league, but Commander Tucker and Doctor Phloxx would easily be welcomed into the Le-Matoran or Onu-Matoran culture, and T'pol would be accepted as a Ko-Matoran before she even left the shuttlepod. Hoshi would possibly even leave the Enterprise for a time just to study with the Ga-Matoran, while Reed would be joining the Ta-Matoran and learning their fighting styles. Meanwhile Mayweather is hanging out in the Ga-Matoran areas for 'social' reasons.

Edited by AZBlue

On 12/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, Xboxtravis said:

Not much I'd assume. From what I understand of Star Trek's Prime Directive, The Federation cannot interfere with pre-warp societies. While The Great Beings may have had some faster than light travel tech available and Mata Nui may have been built with that available; by the time of the restoration of Spherus Magna its clear most of the inhabitants of the world wouldn't have the knowledge to create the kind of tech The Federation would use a milestone to permit First Contact. 

Yes there are certainly very powerful Kanohi that would be considered "high-tech" by Federation standards, but how would an orbiting ship be able to detect stuff like the Vahi, Olmak or Ignika from space? Could the Matoran or Agori even be able to explain to the tech focused Federation that "these magic masks control life and time themselves!"? Its the type of magic and faith based lifestyle permeating the Bionicle world, that just clashes with Trek's secular and scientific world; which makes me think all any Federation crew would do is set up remote observation of Spherus Magna and wait quietly for the society to develop technologically. If anything the amount of cyborg tech on Spherus Magna and the complete alien nature of the world could cause the Federation to mistake it as some sort of Borg world and flee from the planet. 

Now if there is one thing near Spherus Magna that might attract the attention of a visiting Federation ship... its the Red Star. A large orbital booster (with possible warp drive capability) full of cyborgs claiming they were brought back from the dead just floating derelict in space? That would be more likely to see an actual visit from Federation crew than the ground denizens of Spherus Magna. Even then, everything from the Matoran Universe was so compartmentalized, I doubt anyone on-board the Red Star could adequately explain what it is or how it functions... meaning that unless the Matoran trapped on the star convinced any Federation ship to ferry them back to Spherus Magna (unlikely seeing its possible the Matoran don't even know what Spherus Magna is and that the Great Spirit Robot they used to live on was destroyed); the Federation would probably just get some data then again resort to observation. 

Really the only scenario I could see this ending were the Federation is not doing some sort of remote observation, is if they encountered the Great Spirit Robot prior to Makuta's virus and it crashing onto Aqua Magna. A massive robot the size of a planet? Likely the type of curiosity trap that could convince some Federation commander to send a few away teams to the interior to start poking around a bit. We don't even know though how Matoran would react to humans... its possible that as part of the body's immune functions that the Toa/Turaga/Matoran and other races might just attempt to kill or remove the human visitors it sees as a foreign invader. 

Didn't Captain Kirk break the Prime Directive several times?

6 hours ago, Alexander123 said:

Didn't Captain Kirk break the Prime Directive several times?

Ya basically every other episode of Next Gen is Picard breaking the Prime Directive (or refusing to break it, and then wrestling with the moral dilemma presented by not breaking it)

In theory, you should never break the Prime Directive, but I'm pretty sure that the Prime Directive of the Star Trek writer's room was "make the characters break the Prime Directive" lol  

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

I can imagine Makuta would find his way onto the enterprise and start possessing people so he can spread his conquest to the rest of the galaxy. I'm sure Dr McCoy would have some brilliant quips to make about Bionicle characters. It'd actually be a pretty fun episode!!

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!