Kraahkan

MoarBotar

I've been thinking about the Kraahkan lately, specifically its two "faces". was any official/canon explanation given for the "top face?" (the side attached to the axle pin that goes in the mouth). The movie version of the mask makes it clearly look like Miramax Teridax, but the regular Kraahkan looks significantly different. My best guess is that it represents Takutanuva's mask, given the resemblance it has to the Avohkii. 

Any other guesses/fanon ideas? 

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

It’s just that the original Makuta set’s head can be displayed either way (I never actually got one, so this is based on pictures on the packaging). The Icarax set too (which I do have somewhere), though I don’t think it was ever promoted using images with the “normal” mask face being used. The face on the normal mask spot somewhat resembles an Avohkii, which is probably supposed to represent the relationship between Light and Shadow.

Story-wise, Makuta can shapeshift, and their Kanohi are capable of shapeshifting with them. So basically, Teridax (and Icarax, or any other Makuta who may happen to put the Kraahkan on) may choose to make the Mask look one way or the other (or any other way, really) if they so choose.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 12:20 AM, MoarBotar said:

My best guess is that it represents Takutanuva's mask, given the resemblance it has to the Avohkii. 

It took me years to come to this theory. The tooth-like mouth, cheek holes and eye slits are the same. 
Perhaps Lego was ready to experiment with blending colors to match Takutanuva's frankenstein-combiner look, but wasn't able to get the mold machines ready until the Metru masks in 2004?

At first I thought it was just another way for Makuta to be creepy; having two faces like Voldemort-on-the-back-of-another-dude's-head kind of creepy.
There is also that quote from the promo CD: "Some say, he [The Makuta] will have 3 heads. Others say, he will have many forms that change."

In the front pictures of the box sets for 2003 Makuta set and Icarax, their masks look like snake heads. That front part is the pointy tip on top of the flat face-like part of the mask, which is on top of the mask in the set boxes’ front pictures. I got the good understanding on what you guys are talking about, right? The flat face-like part does look like a three-tooth version of the Mask of Light. I never thought of that. Lol. I would have imagined this could have been the combination of the Mask of Light and the Mask of Shadow for Takutanuva because of that comparison. I guess Lego was trying to experiment fancy molds with the masks, and perhaps make the Mask of Shadows look like the polar opposite of the Mask of Light. 

Well, Makuta can shape-shift their masks, like how Bitil looks very different from his fellow Makuta of Karda Nui for how it is structured when he was mutated. He looks like a beetle with it. 

For some reason, in the Miramax trilogy, his mask has a flat face on the front while there’s nothing on the top while Makuta Teridax’s head is position horizontally, like in his 2003 set. Looks like that the parts of the mask are switched for some reason, probably to making Teridax look weird with the snake face or having two faces on his mask. Lol.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)