Any Connections to Bionicle from Hero Factory Spotted?

The only ones I can really think of is how much Mr. Makuro bears a strong resemblance to Turaga Matau, his mask specifically. Another one is the Bohrok (I wonder what it's even called; an eyepiece?) part in the Furno bike. 

Does anybody know anything else, I'm really interested in hearing more about these discoveries!?

Edited by FirespitterVakama
  • Like 1

A news post from August 8, 2010 reads:

"A couple keen-eyed members noted an interesting item in the news ticker on the Hero Factory's website. If you watch closely, you'll see the following text: "Help! The moons of my planet are being dragged by a 40-million-foot-tall robot down to crush us and our 30-million-foot-tall robot can't stop it! Please help!" I think it's pretty obvious what they're referring to there - very cute Kelly."

• Like 4
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

Well, my theory is always the fact that after the Great Beings from Bionicle created the first Toa and Turaga and then Spherus Magna was destroyed, they must’ve hid themselves in the planet Earth, learning the English language, and then went to a planet, where they created Mr. Makuro (I can see that he looks like Turaga Matau, probably inspired by Turaga), and then they must’ve gave Mr. Makuro the plans for the Hero Factory, which explains why the Heroes from the factory look like Glatorian and act like Toa (I know that the Heroes use Quaza as a source for their personalities, but I just look at Quaza as a good-natured substance, and the Great Beings must’ve added a program that can make the Heroes behave like Toa). These new robots speak and write English,  which is why I mentioned the planet Earth part. Finally, when the Great Beings heard about their planet being restored, they returned to it. 

Another thing is that the Hero Factory 2010 canisters said “from the creators of Bionicle”. Plus, the majority of the 2010 utilize a lot of Bionicle pieces (the villains and the vehicle sets). The Fire Lord has a weapon has Bionicle’s Mistika shield piece.

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 months later...

If you ask me, BIONICLE and HF belong as far away from each other as possible. As for sets using the same parts, that's excusable as it's all LEGO. BIONICLE adopted many parts originally used in Slizer, after all. As for story, they have such different tones and goals I don't see how or why they could be put together.

Taken for what it is, the 2010 shoutout was pretty funny though.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!