Any plans for Hero Factory’s 10th anniversary?

Lenny7092

What it says here. You guys think HF is good for something? Well, the thing is that Bionicle is known for the gear box system and being the most successful constraction theme and had the longest running time (2001-2010 and then 2015-2016). When Bionicle ended in 2010, HF came in to keep constraction alive while having a lot of elements that came from Bionicle. HF may be second-rate to Bionicle, but it did help constraction (well, constraction is gone now). It’s also known for introducing the CCBS. 

So, my point is this: Do you think that Lego would be kind enough to celebrate HF’s 10 anniversary? I think they should because of the facts above.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I mean, pretty much nobody except for SOME of the Bionicle community gives a stone rat's behind about HF beyond its usefulness to keeping constraction alive. It's probably been mostly forgotten about except by the kids that grew up with it; and many of them might have forgotten entirely by now. HF never achieved the status Bionicle did, and in the wake of G2's stumble and fall, it doesn't even have a lot of historical prominence to its name, now.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I mean, it's probably because I'm 22 and not 12, but HF's 10-year just isn't hitting me as hard as BIONICLE's did. I'm pretty confident it's not just me, though. I'm sure HF did its job and there are a lot of kids with vaguely happy memories of it, but with LEGO you come to expect more.

Ninjago was launched in 2011. I never got a set or got too into the show. What does it say about the respective lines that I can feel the impact of Ninjago being a decade old?

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Most of my MOC's are built in CCBS; so most of my collection of parts are ex-Hero Factory set components stripped down to pieces. But... I have never bought a single Hero Factory set to stand alone on its own and not be cannibalized for Bionicle MOCs. 

I kinda thought Hero Factory was neat, but it really struck me at a time I was not that interested in Constraction at all. I stopped Bionicle collecting in 2007 after the Barraki, and didn't pick it up again until the 2015 reboot. During that time, all my Lego collecting was focused completely on System sets. I was still in the Lego hobby, so I saw the ads for Hero Factory and even read bits of its story. I remember getting that 2010 advertisement booklet that the Lego Club members got. It had my name printed out on it "Jacob, we want you to join Hero Factory!" or something like that with the big "From the Creators of Lego Bionicle" splashed on it. Then for an issue or two it seemed like Hero Factory was going to get the Bionicle comics treatment, with a few comics written by Greg himself coming out for Preston, Furno and the gang. It was cool... but I was a teenager learning how to drive my car and stuff like that so my mind was elsewhere; it seemed I thought these 'wanabee Bionicles' were beneath me as Lego sets, and just a neat little story to read once a month with Lego Club.

Then... the comics just stopped. I heard Hero Factory had a TV show, even Mark Hamill himself was voicing a Von Nebula; but nothing to really get me interested in actually watching it other than a "oh that's neat." Then I left for Argentina in 2013, had no clue Hero Factory was cancelled in 2014; and during those two years I saw more bootleg Hero Factory sets in cheap shops than I saw real ones. I wish I had bought at least one bootleg... it would have been such a neat and trippy little thing to bring home with me but I never did. 

Then I got home summer 2015, walked in a Lego Store less than 24 hours after arriving in the USA... only to see Bionicle back on shelves and I left the store with Tahu Master of Fire in hand. Hero Factory wasn't even a concern on my mind at that point, Bionicle was back and all Hero Factory parts I got a hold of were sacrificial lambs to creating more Bionicles. 

That is my experience with it at least. I know some others probably had a greater connection to the line, but for me Hero Factory continues to be a MOC parts source for me, and not much else. Maybe someday I might pick up a few that looked neat in retrospect, but for now bits of Breez live on in my Matau revamp, bits of Stormer live on in my Matoro revamp, etc...  

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

On 1/1/2020 at 11:52 PM, Lenny7092 said:

What it says here. You guys think HF is good for something? Well, the thing is that Bionicle is known for the gear box system and being the most successful constraction theme and had the longest running time (2001-2010 and then 2015-2016). When Bionicle ended in 2010, HF came in to keep constraction alive while having a lot of elements that came from Bionicle. HF may be second-rate to Bionicle, but it did help constraction (well, constraction is gone now). It’s also known for introducing the CCBS. 

So, my point is this: Do you think that Lego would be kind enough to celebrate HF’s 10 anniversary? I think they should because of the facts above.

I think that Lego won't celebrate it, although they should. I think the same about Bionicle's 20th anniversary.

This is either a signature or something evil.