Six Kingdoms: Escapement - OOC Discussion

Unreliable Narrator

Dear all,

I have asked TheLegoRoleplayer to step away from SKE. They are still welcome in the RPG forum and BZPower as a whole, so please continue to treat them with respect as they deserve. I will be writing a brief description of their characters stepping away from any interactions they currently had. All players no longer need to respond to posts by TheLegoRoleplayer. 

Thank you,

The GM

Happy chat.

I’ve thought about it, there may be up to twelve Toa Stones in play

Spoiler

Now I haven't followed all of the plot lines very thoroughly, but I think it’s hinted that Lhikan and Nidhiki were the ones to kill Tuyet, and that led to the team splitting up and Lhikan being locked up. I don’t think Nidhiki has shown up yet and has barely been mentioned, and I think it’s too early in the timeline for him to be a Dark Hunter. Though now that I think about it, it might be too early in the timeline for Lhikan to even be a Toa too, so it’s new rules for all. AU and all.

Point is I think that either Nidhiki is working with Dume and thus was exempt from fallout for killing Tuyet, or he was punished too, and he’s a Turaga now. And that means Dume might have up to twelve Toa Stones. Which leaves some wiggle room for empowering other a Matoran.

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

3 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

That left only one possible solution: crashing the airship. 

"They will be expecting one dark hunter in the wreckage, brother"

• Upvote 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Silly question before I post, would the levitation disks be on the outside of the ship, or the inside? Just changes how I post, and it might even mean an encounter with a dark hunter stowaway.

edit: read the post again, I can post now. 

Edited by Harvali

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I'm trying to go through and read all of UN's lore posts, but I think Turaga Nidhiki is a great concept that I've never seen before.  So if Nidhiki's fate is still up in the air... I vote he's a Turaga now hehehe.

I'm trying to work with UN behind the scenes to ensure no one feels like I'm hijacking plotlines and everything.  For Othorak's next post, (without giving too much away) there won't be a mission and large-scale consequences lack this previous one.  Now is a good time to start involving other players in my story, so if any would-be heroes feel like making their way to Le-Metru to try and find and stop this mysterious Steltian, then please reply in this topic or better yet just message me.  There's no rush, so take your time with your current plot lines.  I'll wait a few days before posting another installment to give anyone who might want to reach out to me a chance to do so.

Fun game!

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Hey everyone! I've been loving your posts and enjoying the stories we're all telling. Something I've noticed creeping in is a general level of destruction towards matoran. While I have no problem with NPCs being eliminated, I would suggest keeping in mind the effects that kind of mass conflict has on your character's sense of self. Does this change them?

Love you all, I'll post more as I can! So excited as we've landed in February now and the game is pulling full steam ahead!

• Like 2

Happy chat.

Mata-Nui, it occurs to me that there are at least three superhero archetypes in play. For reference that is what Kanohi is, but he’s an inexperienced rookie and not the most competent, bless his heartlight. 

• Like 1

the big city setting makes it easier to do it than other RPGs, it's fun to mess around like that

also, i think i need some clarification on the layout of the island the Metru Nui forces are currently attacking. there was a bluff described that Rose is currently climbing to get to the defenses but a lot of the other posts seem to be describing it like it's a straight shot from the beach to the jungle's treeline. the Hagah cannon that moved forward seems to have jumped onto the beach from the bluff, if that's the right description of the location

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Hey @BULiK, when it comes time for Kanohi to actually do the repairs, do you want me to leave it up to you how successful he is at it? 

3 hours ago, Harvali said:

Hey @BULiK, when it comes time for Kanohi to actually do the repairs, do you want me to leave it up to you how successful he is at it? 

Your call - at the end of the day I have as much of a clue as you do as to how one goes about repairing an airship. Write what you think is interesting and plausible. However, I will give some context as to what I think would make sense so you're not completely in the dark.

As far as the geography of the airship and the damages, my headcanon for the Taku that I'm going with is that levitation and weight increase kanoka aren't evenly distributed throughout the ship, but clustered into 'engines' at key points of the ship that are symmetrical both horizontally and vertically - so both decks of the airship have two 'levitation engines' at the front, two in the middle, and two at the rear, one on each side, for a total of 12. Theoretically this would simplify repairs and controls while spreading the levitation effects roughly evenly. It also gives a convenient way for me to quantify some level of damage to the ship, while still making in-universe sense.

Right now, the the two lower deck 'levitation engines' at the front of the ship are offline, with ambiguous levels of damage. Assume any and all equipment and/or instructions for repair are in the large shed that's directly underneath the bridge. Given that the airship did a barrel roll, things in that room might be a bit scattered. As far as the details of what might be inside one of these levitation engines, the only 'canon-ish' things that we know of is that it has levitation and weight increase kanoka, and it has some mechanism for activating them. It's safe to assume it has something connecting it to the ship's power source (and probably some backup power source), and has some method for setting the levitation strength that is connected to the bridge. Assume any and all of those systems can break, and there's some part swapping, turning off and on again, hammer whacking, or some clever fourth way to fix it. Also some level of repairs to any beams or the 'skeleton' of the ship around that area probably makes sense.

TL;DR: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hi everyone! Since Crimson Jester and EmperorWhenua solved the Ko-Metru disc puzzle I thought I'd explain it for those who are interested. All puzzles for great discs are of a similar level of complexity, with varying amounts of steps, as this puzzle. 

Objective: open the frozen door and collect the disc hidden on the other side.

How to solve: open with at least two characters

Clues: 

• "In Unity, Wisdom" written on the plinth below the floating door coated that's frozen shut with a coating of ice. This suggests players unite to discover Ko-Metru's wisdom.

• The door is frozen shut with a coating of ice. 

• The door is floating 30 feet directly above the plinth. Most matoran cannot reach this height or jump from the walls such a distance.

• The notes of the deceased matoran offer three valid discs to use in solving the puzzle, and two that are very bad ideas. The digits graffitied on the plinth tell the power type and minimum level needed for kanoka, but the circle with three towers scribbled next to them suggests all discs must be from Ko-Metru.

• The weaken disc is for breaking the ice off the door.

• The enlarge disc is for the plinth. If the door grew, it would be too heavy to push open.

• The reconstitute disc could also be used on the ice.The frozen water would reconstitute into vapor. 

• Setting information

• Someone tried and failed already, giving a sense of danger. They carried only a reconstitute at random disc. They were not alone in their attempt, but were abandoned as the Frost Beetles finished molting. 

• The molted shells belonged to a clutch of Frost Beetles who moved out after molting from pupa to adulthood.

• The unknown hieroglyphics on the walls are a prophecy still uncovered. 

… And that's the gist of the puzzle! Any questions? I look forward to getting to explain more puzzles soon. 

• Like 3

Happy chat.

Awesome puzzle, you really put a lot of thought into it. I am glad I am not searching for the disks though. 

It occurs to me last I checked our stowaway was about to sabotage the engines, and Nale and Kanohi are about to fix the engines, so “shenanigans” might ensue. 

Me when I don't have a character searching for a Great Disk but now want to make one because that puzzle is awesome and I'm missing out =(

The Ko-Metru one is found, do the players just like... hold onto it for now? And another group is searching for the Onu-Metru one, and I think maybe some players in Ta-Metru are looking for one too?  Maybe some others and I can come together and make an epic disk searching team of our own....... i'm tempted hehehe

sad kitteh ket.jpg

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

But i've already got a bad guy in Le-Metru =C Come to think of it I think Othorak is the only player in Le-Metru right now lol. hmmmmmmmm I'll consider making a good guy to go disk searching hehehe. I think Po-Metru is another for-sure place that has no one searching for a disk.  Maybe this is a good time for other players to get in here and discuss if they want to search for disks or nah, like we could all kind of asses where our characters are at right now, and where we want them to be going forward.  For instance, with Othorak, I'm working with UN to pull off some epic shenanigans, so my future posts are all related to Le-Metru secret stuff/hiding out.

You know the talk of districts reminds me that the Taku has been sailing for a bit now. What district are we currently above? Like if we do start to crash, or get attacked by Vahki, where will we wreck? I think Onu-Metru is mostly near Po-Metru and Ko-Metru, but all the districts connect.

I'd say be above Po-Metru if only because I bet they'd have better landing spots, plus it'd be fun to spread some activity there.  Or you can keep flying to Le-Metru after Dume delivers his State of Metru-Nui address and then go investigate the terrorist activities in Le-Metru...

Also, roughly where in the Silver Sea is the Ripple?

Edited by Azibo

3 hours ago, Harvali said:

It occurs to me last I checked our stowaway was about to sabotage the engines, and Nale and Kanohi are about to fix the engines, so “shenanigans” might ensue. 

That's the plan *cackles maniacally*

43 minutes ago, Harvali said:

You know the talk of districts reminds me that the Taku has been sailing for a bit now. What district are we currently above? Like if we do start to crash, or get attacked by Vahki, where will we wreck? I think Onu-Metru is mostly near Po-Metru and Ko-Metru, but all the districts connect.

Knichou hasn't been checking his GPS. We're definitely still over metru nui, but any particular direction or intent to go one way or another was never specified. I was planning on figuring out a course earlier but the whole barrel roll situation delayed that. Once more people return to the bridge after finishing their tasks we'll talk about where we'd want to go.

I thought Knichou turned off propulsion in an earlier post, so it should still be over Onu-Metru.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1 minute ago, Nato the Traveler said:

I thought Knichou turned off propulsion in an earlier post, so it should still be over Onu-Metru.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder, that's true. We're sitting high above Onu-Metru still, Knichou shut off the main engines once they passed cloud level, before the victim situation.