Six Kingdoms: Escapement - OOC Discussion

Unreliable Narrator

@Unreliable Narrator oh my bad, I thought I heard that an airship had crashed into the great furnace and blew up a chunk of Ta-Metru. 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I'll probably get a takeoff post tomorrow or the day afterwards, for those waiting on the Taku. Things are happening in the background so feel free to interact with each other on board until then.

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Happy Monday!

We're getting into the endgame now right on time... Loose threads are beginning to pull neatly together! Almost all the Great Discs have been found, congratulations. <3 

Dark Hunter Hit: Dume, Nidhiki

Last Week in SKE:

• The League surrendered the island in the Silver Sea conflict to Metru-Nui, Kal retreated from a tense fight.
  • The crew of The Ripple recuperate on the Barraki fortress island.
  • Ga-Metru Great Disc found! Congratulations Kohara, Taja, and Okuo.
  • Several Dark Hunters revealed Turaga Dume is under attack, prompting a mass rush for the Coliseum by all parties.
  • Raz attacked Turaga Dume in the Coliseum tower gardens!
Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

Sorry, made a bit of a mess of the end of that last post; I realised saying Jabali actually succeeded in what she was trying to do would be overstepping my bounds, and kinda raced back to edit it hopefully before anyone noticed xD; Hope it works okay now... and if I need to change anything else, please let me know ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hey all, congrats on page 38. How you all do this I'll never know. Tarn, thanks for leading the post charge on that page. As promised, lore about SKE2:

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth/Impact are the two sequel options based on player actions in the first game. In Rebirth, the Barraki warlords will form only one of the six playable "kingdoms" and players will have the opportunity to use the powers of a currently unseen power to alter the course of events.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

Holy moly, congratulations on 1,500 posts in SKE gameplay topic! I believe Toru got that honor.

There are mech suits in the Impact sequel

Ga-Metru Puzzle:
This is by far the least complicated puzzle of the six. This puzzle was more about critical thinking and social interaction than about technical puzzle knowledge. 
Finding the location: 
there are two matoran with information on the location of the Great Disc. These matoran are Nixie and Vhisola.
First Puzzle: The Giant Squid
The Giant Squid guarding the underwater temple has a disc stuck to it. If players can get the disc, they find it’s not the disc they were originally looking for. This disc of growth can prove useful if players decide to go headlong into the main puzzle.
Main puzzle:
Inside the inner sanctum of the temple is a whirlpool. If players carefully explore the ruins they find the following:
Three levers with three positions: up, neutral, and down.
Three nearby statues of matoran with rahi heads are looking left, right, and center.
Solution:
Shift the levers to down, neutral, and up from left to right. This shuts the hole in the middle of the sanctum and stops the whirlpool. Players entering the sanctum see a glimmering portion of water in the center of the room, and swimming through takes them to the location of the Great Disc.
Alternative Solution:
Players have the disc from the squid and slip into the whirlpool. They will see a strange event with six matoran wearing larger rahi masks over their heads, be told to go back, and then the disc will be exchanged for the Great Disc. 
Fail state: 
go into the whirlpool without the disc and drown. 

(Mobile, no format)

• Like 1

Happy chat.

Speaking of new eyes, it looks like Nuju and Nidhiki have an interesting perspective on the nature of the universe.

I wonder how they figured that out, and who else knows about it?

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wow, I made the top comment on page 40. What would be a particularly fun spoiler for the next game? Oh! How about the parameters for which game is next?

The determining events between Impact and Rebirth are whether or not the Untethered faction succeeds and whether or note the device Dume commissioned Nuparu to work on is used.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

A couple people showed interest on Discord so here's your info for the species I made up in case anybody wants to be a deer-person who bleeds acid.

Kekamaire (kee-kuh-my-ray)

The Kekamaire are an odd-looking and hardy species from somewhere in the Southern Continents. Very little is known of their society, but it is believed by some that they are on the brink of extinction due to their rarity in other parts of the Matoran Universe. Despite this belief, they seem to be cropping up in larger numbers now, meaning they are either bouncing back...or have been in hiding.

The basic features of a Kekamaire that separate them from other species in the MU are their distinctive antlers and heads resembling the skulls of real-life cervids, along with four forward-facing red eyes. They also have three-fingered hands (two digits and a thumb) and digitigrade legs with two-toed, hoof-like feet. Colors and body types vary, but their armor always appears iridescent in sunlight. They are also considerably tall, although exact height varies.

A more strange feature of the Kekamaire is their acidic blood. Their bodies are designed to carry it, but if injured and it is spilled, the blood will begin eating through any nearby objects. This seems to serve a purpose as a form of self-defense, but it is unknown whether the species came about it naturally or were tampered with by other forces.

Rumors abound that Kekamaire enjoy feasting on MU residents, and perhaps their own, but it is merely an urban legend created to frighten young Matoran.

(...or is it?)

Edited by Tarn
forgot a detail
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Ooh, so we all have a part to play in deciding what fate befall us. Excellent.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Of course you all play a part in how the game ends. It wouldn't be collaborative if I had everything planned out from the get go and railroaded things. While I did have some major plot points and a timeline for the story's progression (which will all be available upon game completion for those who like GM notes and to see what did or didn't make it in) the game has very much been in every player's hands.

Speaking of, I put out a new poll in the RPG planning topic. I thought I'd share it here too. The more players who fill out the poll (GOOGLE FORM POLL LINK) increases the likelihood next game is even further tailored to what the community loves. For example, many players have said three months feels too short.

Hi good morning! Here's the Ta-MetruGreat Disc 159 break down

The location can be found by speaking to Nuhrii, one of the Smith's living and working in Ta-Metru, or by talking to Vakama at his mask making shop. While Vakama will point players to Nuhrii, Nuhrii knows the general location of the disc after having discovered something weird his manager doesn't want to talk about.
First puzzle:
The First Puzzle is a social puzzle. Players need to either use diplomacy with the vahki or the conveyor belts going into the Great Furnace.
Second Puzzle: 
The Second Puzzle is environmental. Players need to realize the secret way in: swinging on the water extinguishers from cat walks on one side to the other.
The Final Puzzle:
The Final Puzzle is deduction. Players are presented with a three digit lock, values 0-9. Understanding the meta of what they're seeking will enable solving to lock with the code 159.
Great Disc Storage: 
The Great Disc is hidden in a whispering forest of blackened trees.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

It’s a little frustrating, Kanohi will probably just agree to whatever the group decides to do with Nuparu’s device, thinking they know best, but I really want to use that bad boy. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

The Leonn Files: Entry #2

Subject Matter: It's HAPPENING!

Entry:

"Everything's finally come together. As you know, I successfully met with Nidhiki (though in an odd manner) and his associate, Nuju. I am as of yet unsure of their motives, but that isn't my business, is it? In any case, the portal's up, and Metru-Nui's about to fall. I'd almost say it was a pity, this place (despite its heresy) has its charms. But, alas, freedom comes first, does it not? In any case, here is another, admittedly short, dossier I've compiled during my transit to Po-Metru. More to follow, obviously!" ~L.A.

Alias/Name: Nidhiki (Turaga Nidhiki if you want to be all formal)

Appearance: Short, like most Turaga. Proud looking, Noble Shelek, dark green and black armour. Only interruption to his otherwise solid paintjob is the scar across his face. I can only deduce that's from his brotherly battles recently (I can relate). 

Armaments: Nothing but his staff, as far as I can tell. He was fiddling with a candle when I met him, though.

Personality Quirks And Modus Operandi: He acts like the absolute epitome of a Toa of Air. Non-serious, impatient, dangerous (though in this case his recklessness resembles something more malevolent than simply being sloppy). Even as a Turaga he acts like he still runs around like his souped up vigilante brethren, and this is somewhat amusing when you take into account his newfound affiliation with us. Not to say we don't have our own fair share of Toa recruits, but nine times out of ten (as I'm sure you'll know intimately) they either have to coerced or have to be unstable and/or have a greatly fractured moral code. Nidhiki seems to fall somewhere on the latter, but without knowing his story this is largely speculation. I'd absolutely kill for an interview with his former Toa brother when you inevitably seize the coliseum, by the way (You know how good I am with prisoners~). 

Group Name: The Cabal (Work in progress)

Consists of: Stannis (A Po-Toa), at least one sniper, an Onu-Toa, and an unknown large mish mash of other species and individuals. One of them is a huge robot of some kind. A good deal of them were Disc Hunters, offered a ride by Stannis to the Coliseum. They possess an airship that they've likely commandeered, and are currently using to get to their destination.

Background: Largely unknown, but they weren't always so annoyingly big in their number. Due to Vyarik's initial confidence I can imagine he and Waveahk suspected there'd be less of them, and since a lot of them were carted onto Stannis' "Boat To Justice" their number grew anyway. The Cabal were responsible for Vyarik's tragic injury, as well as mine and Waveahk's near burial in the sands of Po-Metru. I'm still not sure what became of Vyarik, he had a fairly nasty wound and was talking extremely strange (though that could be attributed to the mild shock of having a bullet wound in your shoulder). 

Stannis stands out from the rest for actually engaging Vyarik in his increasingly tiring moral debate that had me and my Steltian compatriot soon bored out of our minds. Whilst the vindication of my vendetta theory was very fun, Vyarik's ideology was tiringly contrarian and seemed to serve nothing but to justify his quest for revenge against Stannis. I've still no idea how badly the Dark Hunter must have been beaten to warrant this extreme reaction, but again, Stannis seemed all but happy to engage him on this. 

As my lovely employer, you have correspondence with many agents such as myself, so it'd be extremely appreciated if you could forward on any information on this Stannis fellow when you can. He seems to have attracted quite a crowd, and I've no doubt that he might prove an obstacle to you or any of your colleagues when you assault the coliseum. Just an idea.

END ENTRY.

Edited by Dane
  • Like 5

Announcements:

There is a wikia page on fandom for the Six Kingdoms game. You can look at it and add your own content here. If you want to add your own characters, please just follow the examples given on the wiki. It's my hope that between the end of the month and the beginning of the next game we'll have a super useful resource for moving into SKE2.

It would be ridiculous of me to not mention or address the fact of the current covid-19 pandemic. I just want to take a moment to say I appreciate you all and I hope SKE can be a place of fun and humor during these tough times. If you ever need to chat, I am available in PM or on Discord. That said, it's been an awesome journey and I thank you all for continuing to make this story go on. <3

Dark Hunter Hit:

• Kill Dume
  • Kill Nidhiki
  • Steal the mask of Creation from Barraki Pridak

Last Week's Summary:

• Ga-Metru and Ta-Metru great disks were found! All Great Disks have been found. Congratulations to both teams for last week's successes. Look further back in the OOC thread for breakdowns on the puzzles, or check the wiki (pending their upload).
  • Metru-Nui's forces from the Silver Sea were brought home for the final defense.
  • The Barraki opened a portal to Metru-Nui and moved their forces directly to Ko-Metru. All Metrus are now under assault by the barraki.
    • Kalmah: Ta-Metru
    • Takadox: Ga-Metru
    • Carapar: Po-Metru
    • Mantax: Onu-Metru
    • Pridak: Ko-Metru
    • Ehlek: Le-Metru
  • The Untethered Vyarik summoned their revenant kin to the Coliseum prisons
  • Dark Hunter Raz attempted to capture Turaga Dume, but the arrival of Zataka and Sans & Co. stopped him.
  • The Wandering Taku continued their journey to the Coliseum, delving into Nuparu's memory crystal to learn more about the machine they saw at the beginning of the game.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

Made an article for Kanohi too. 

• Like 2

The Leonn Files: Entry 0.5

Subject Matter: Origins

Entry:

"Well, if we're going to tell this particular tale, we're going to have to far away, to the blasted and accursed island I was born on. Zakaz, a name now almost synonymous with Karzahni, infamous for its dim witted and warlike locals and its complete lack of anything pleasant.

Like most Skakdi I was born into a litter, on average a group of five, for me it was a group of four. All brothers, I should add. From the time I could even stand up to watch a fight, I knew how much I despised the culture I was raised in. Every day was another needless argument which led to a pointless scrap which then led to a pointless injury and sometimes a pointless murder.

It wasn't the murder I had a problem with, really, rather the complete lack of lateral thinking that caused it. Skakdi fight, and fight, and fight without even a thought in their head as to why. They just do it. 

Of course, I couldn't avoid the fights forever. Once I was big enough and had enough of a spine (no pun intended) to protest my brothers taking more food than they deserved, the scraps started. 

Skakdi teeth do grow back, if you ever wondered. 

Of my brothers, the one that I could consistently beat to an absolute pulp was the runt of the litter (despite being almost exactly as old as me). A Ko-Skakdi, a complete imbecile that never seemed to shut up, at least not until I broke one of his spines. He always stuck around, though. Eventually I just took to ignoring him, as did my elder brothers.

Once we all got old enough we chose our paths. I say paths as if there's ever really any choice in Zakaz. One way or another, you end up in the war. Of course, whilst my fighting skills weren't at the best they could be, I soon found an interesting niche I began to enjoy. Selling information. To the disgust of many Skakdi generals, I spent most of my time behind enemy lines, murdering and backstabbing as needed but occasionally finding the opportunity to give information to certain smarter warlords.

The runt, Thom, however, found himself a job as a mercenary for whoever paid. Whilst I was more...refined with my choice of allies, I'd often find him wherever I went, working for almost anybody, with that cursed firework revolver he was soon known for.

This soon became somewhat of a rivalry, as quite often we found ourselves on opposite sides of the war, both forced to the outskirts for different reasons. Him, for cowardice, and me for my thrills. 

I'll skip all the boring bits.

Our little rivalry came to a head during our first and only skirmish. I'd just disabled a Hagah plasma cannon behind enemy lines, and was on my path to getting out without being decapitated when the little runt caught me just outside the fort. Revolver in hand, he intended to end my life with that stupid, irritating smirk he had on his mug. He attempted banter, as always, which I promptly rebuked with as much venom in my intonation as I could manage, without getting a firework in my skull. 

Thom wasted no time, however, in firing off a projectile right at my face.

I swerved to dodge, but absolutely infuriatingly, the runt's aim was a lot better than his punches, and he'd seemingly accounted for my evasive nature.

It's difficult to put into writing just how painful a burn is. Bruises, breaks, lacerations and shrapnel all pale in comparison to just how excruciating the feeling of your skin and muscle melting is. I'd always been averse to fire for whatever reason, but never had I experienced what Thom had given me in just a tiny, circular burn on my temple. And worse, it was this runt, this skinny little waste of protodermis that had caused this agony.

I was naturally just about able to fight past the pain and my aura instinctively switched on, causing the coward's aim to shake as terror clutched at him. He missed his following shots, and a metal boomerang sliced into his shoulder at a weak attempt at vengeance, but the damage was already done.

This is all incredibly embarassing to put into words, but I feel honesty is the best policy. 

I never saw Thom after I managed to flee from him that battle. I hope he's dead in a ditch somewhere. Maybe he is. Most likely, though, his stupid grin's still out there for some other poor sod to look at.

In any case, Zakaz is behind me, thanks to you. I have a career I love (As well as a boss I love~), and I'm completely free of the past. 

Worth the pain, then, wouldn't you agree?" ~L.A.

END ENTRY.

• Like 3

• Like 2

I had a suspicion the Visorak that featured in the orb quest were buildup for something Makuta-related.