Six Kingdoms: Escapement - OOC Discussion

Unreliable Narrator

Onu Metru Puzzle:

What I loved about this puzzle was that the disc hunters bypassed a lot of the content through creative on the fly ideas. Never be afraid to try something! Since that happened I'm not revealing the secrets still on level 12. :devil:

Location of the Disc: Level 12 Containment Chamber

The Catch: Another matoran already got there, broke the chamber, and accidentally triggered the powers of the Great Disc (6-1-9). Each time the disc reconstituted the matoran at random, it would latch onto something else alive and slowly grow. This Abomination continually tried to escape the disc only to activate it again.

Part 1: Finding The Right Floor and Location

There are a number of ways to go about this puzzle. The way the disc hunters chose was to research the archives by floor level for mentions of the Great Discs. They found three floors missing all data for the past three months: 6,7, and 12.

This point is solid guessing and deduction. Looking at each floor from the elevator shaft would have given the information needed. Attempting to inspect the elevator vestibule for clues would have revealed more on level 12, but the disc hunters never took that route. Instead, they exited on level 6, fought a strange black tentacle, and then continued down the trek. 

The discovered an intersection on level six, went into the construction zone, and found some Bohrok in stasis as well as a hole in the floor. This hole was recently created by the hunting Abomination made by the Great Disc. The disc hunters also met Kilo-M9 who had information on the Great Disc’s location and who placed it on level 12.

Going down the shaft, the disc hunters skipped level 7 and went all the way down to level 12. Here they fought the Abomination as it continued to try and pull itself away from the disc. This is where Vashni did something creative: used her mask of mutation.

As a GM I had to think how this would work. In the end, it made sense for the Abomination to be pulled into the shape the mask demanded, which drew the disc from its resting place to the disc hunters instead of the disc hunters going to the resting place as initially expected.

Part 2: Removing the Disc from the Abomination

How: Place the Abomination in some form of stasis so that it stops activating the Great Disc. 

The disc hunters chose to have Kilo-M9’s energy draining bubble be the answer, but there were multiple ways to weaken the Abomination and several were mentioned before being acted upon.

In all, the disc hunters of Onu-Metru showed really good communication and creativity! Best of luck in Po-Metru.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

1 hour ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

This RPG runs through March. It ends officially in the last week of March. If people want to see their characters and the story progress I'll be running another game that picks up after this game ends.

If? IF?! Excuse me.

• Upvote 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

8 minutes ago, Tarn said:

so you're saying we're not gonna make the world go kaboom at the end of the rpg? oh well

I mean, he didn't say anything about all the characters, or even whether the next would take place in the same setting. Maybe the next will be in Artahka, after we've all ended each other haha.

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

General notice:

Work life is taking priority this weekend. I will respond to requests for interaction as best I can. 

Thanks for understanding,

Unreliable Narrator

P.S. @Biological Chronicler, @Darth Jaller and co. In Ta-Metru hold up. You're on my turf now lemme post. 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

Sorry for the delay in posting with Zecrillia; I've had other things on my mind today, and need to actually stop and think about what she should be taking from the puzzle! It's too late, here, for me to post today now; but I'll make sure to work on that tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know that I wasn't neglecting this! ^^

• Like 2

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hi everyone! It's Monday for the GM, so that means it's time for the beginning of the week round up. First I want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who filled out the Google Form regarding the handling of the game so far and what you want to see before the timer ends on this wonderful campaign. In the beginning of March I'll be sending out another form regarding the next game I'll be proposing with a start date of April. Almost everyone who replied to the form said they wanted the narrative from SKE to carry over, so unless you all blow the topic up guess what's happening (alright, @EmperorWhenua, it's your time to shine again): we'll keep the train chugging along, but with a twist.

Dark Hunter Hit: 

Go find and eliminate the terrorist from last week. With Dume temporarily in control of the hits, he's wanting this dealt with ASAP. For clues or to get the ball rolling, message @Azibo.

The News:

• Ga-Metru
    • We learned a startling discovery with Tekmo and Nixie
  • Ta-Metru
    • The search for the Ta-Metru great disc is almost to the first puzzle
  • Onu-Metru
    • The Archives team found the Great Disc! (See further back in this topic for puzzle information)
  • Po-Metru
    • Nothing much
  • Le-Metru
    • Great Disc puzzle is in full swing! The party took a tumble off a protodermis waterfall!
  • Ko-Metru
    • Taja discovered something is very wrong with the stars
  • Silver Sea
    • The beach assault reaches the epic conclusion! Vahki took the bluff! Go Go Go!
  • South of Destral
    • The League fighters found the destroyed Tactical Panda as well as a grotto were things are not as they seem...

I do believe that is all for major news! You are absolutely crushing this game. We're at 21 pages in the first month of play. Stay lovely, and remember:

Happy chat.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

I hope y'all are ready for a bloodbath...

Not that it really matters, but I like to use those background Matoran when I can, so the hostage Othorak has right now is this dude.  Poor guy https://biosector01.com/wiki/Makani

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Question, Team Taku is currently floating in an airship. Would we be directly effected by that wave of … whatever that was? 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

we'd see the red effect in the sky but there's no corpses on the ship (hopefully, unless knichou's hiding something /s) so we won't know anything weird has happened 

those at the wreck and at the beach assault are probably the only ones who know there's a zombie apoc starting 

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Three posts in one:

I wonder if the Makuta have anything to do with all this crimson sky stuff...

Ta-Metru is gonna have so many characters in it now lol.  We throwin a party?

Also yayyy Turaga Nidhiki

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Lots going on! Some clarification from my most recent post:

1.) Weather is permanently changed. There is no longer a day/night cycle. The flow of time seems to be holding fine otherwise. 

2.) Since Mazor is undead himself in a sense, the zombies rising is an added consequence of touching the orb. Other characters touching the orb would have created different consequences, with varying durations. 

Happy chat.

Depending on if Kanohi dies, or if I think I can balance two characters, I have a character concept bouncing around in my head. She would not be as strong as a Toa, not ready for that, but she’d be some practice if I ever play a Toa. In a sharing mood and interested in feedback, so posting the gist below. 

Basic premise, far away an Av-Matoran was transforming into a Bohrok, but “something” hit her and turned her into a horrific mismatch of Matoran and Levahk. Might be Energized Protodermus, might be a virus or pit mutagen, not sure. Result is she still sentient, but can shoot acid from her pincers and use her krana’s powers. Still would get knocked out without her Krana. I’m thinking she would be considered a monster since she’s an unholy hybrid, either hiding in the Archives, or pulling a Phantom and joining the Dark Hunters while trying to cling to morality. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

@Unreliable Narrator so if someone dies now after the skies have changed and that crimson wave went everywhere, will they be reanimated?  Or was the wave only like a one-time thing that reanimated any current dead bodies?

• Like 1

The undead rising are Mazor-based. Imagine if a toa of fire had grabbed the orb. :br:

For full transparency since I got this question a lot and that means I probably didn't do a good job writing it out, raised dead are a short term effect and only recently deceased are brought back. This effect will fade in a matter of a few IRL days. 

• Like 1

Happy chat.

I'm going to operate with the assumption that as long as the skies are reddish and stars are present, anyone who dies will get right back up lol

You know, given the Red Star reveal, it’s a funny coincidence that we have red skies when the dead are coming back to life. Was that a purposeful reference? I mean I know the effect depended on who touched it, but was the skies going ”Crisis” meant to reference it.

Edited by Harvali
Clarifying

Dark Hunter Hit (week of 02/17/2020): 

• Eliminate the terrorist in Ta-Metru
  • Nidhiki escaped custody, is responsible for the death of several matoran in the coliseum, and is at large. Find and eliminate the traitor.

Last Week Summary:

The Ripple:

• Mazor touched the orb in the grotto. A wave of undeath washed over the known world, bringing the crew of the Tactical Panda back to some form of life as zombies. Anything freshly dead seemed to spring back from the dirt.
  • With the orb being touched it turned into a puzzle cube. Mazor fell into the Between, and found he was not alone. Upon returning to reality and leaving the grotto he saw the suns, moons, and stars were all present in the heavens, as was a "red sky" -- a ring of crimson on the horizon line in all directions.

Le-Metru:

• The Le-Metru disc hunters gather themselves after their near death fall.
  • Otharak hijacked an airship sewed chaos on the docks! Got in a fight with the Dark Hunter Sidra, who followed him onto the airship. They flew to Ta-Metru.

Ta-Metru:

• The Ta-Metru disc hunters decided to speak to the vahki and ask nicely to be let into the Great Furnace.
  • The stolen airship from Le-Metru floats over Ta-Metru precariously as Otharak and Sidra fight fiercely in the engine room!
  • The dark hunter Brute Squad assembles as Leonn passes himself off as "Ghost" to Vyarik and Waveahk.

Po-Metru:

• Jabali halts Vashni, Jutori, Atamai, Kilo-M9, and friends in their search for the Great Disc.
  • "Informant" begins searching for the Great Disc using his duplicates
  • The Taku squad land their ship in the Po-Metru sculpture fields. Nale and Arkius bond while searching for the Great Disc. They find a clue.

Ga-Metru:

• Tekmo runs in circles
  • Vhisola is placed in a containment sphere by the Vahki, but not before Waveahk shoots her with a zamor sphere. Okuo hijacks the vahki transport and takes Vhisola in her containment sphere to the rooftops, but is stopped from immediately healing her by Karista the krahli being nearby after Paju and Ellie stampede through the area.

Onu-Metru:

• Look who's back? Back again? Should he be back? Kill him again? (No one has confirmed either way.)

Ko-Metru:

• Something is terribly wrong with the stars... OK something was terribly wrong with the stars in terms of astronomy but now they're just flat out wrong. Try turning them off and on again?

Silver Sea Beach Conflict:

• The fight leans towards a Metru-Nui victory! Push the League scum back! Skyra blew up the gunnery on the mech cannon. Rose held the line! The vahki are a success! Pardehi keeps his streamer friend Thom alive twice.
  • Zombies???

I believe that's all for last week! Love you all! Remember the night is always darkest before the dawn...

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Brute squad belongs in Ta.
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

Just so people don't come after me, UN has green-lit this whole plan from the beginning.  Othorak was going to force the city to rely on airships, then under the strained environment make off with one and crash it into the Great Furnace.  Nato kind of ruined those plans when he unexpectedly started breaking the ship prematurely, so Othorak had to improvise and in the end I decided that his desperation to complete his mission meant he would have to completely break the engine himself.  If Othorak wasn't stopped, the whole city might've had to shut down from the damage to the Great Furnace.  Now, only part of the city will be messed up lol.

Any players in Ta-Metru should be able to notice the airship wreck, so feel free to include any effects of that in your posts.  Othorak may or may not survive his fall, so if any Dark Hunters want to find his body, I encourage it!