Six Kingdoms: Escapement - OOC Discussion

Unreliable Narrator

I'd suggest slowing down and thinking out your introductions better. There is little to no in-character show of how the characters came to the conclusions they did, both instances come off far more like metagaming than anything else.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

11 minutes ago, Silvan Haven said:

I'd suggest slowing down and thinking out your introductions better. There is little to no in-character show of how the characters came to the conclusions they did, both instances come off far more like metagaming than anything else.

Okay then. I will delete the current posts and rewrite them as appropriate.

The Leonn Files: Entry #1

Subject Matter: Requested profiles of Dark Hunter correspondents.

Entry:

"As I've already informed you, I've managed to slither my way into what looks to be a guerilla operation with two Dark Hunters operatives. The agents I'm working are not pursuing a formal bounty, as much as what looks to be settling a past vendetta. Two Toa in particular, a Po-Toa named Stannis and a nameless other one. I haven't yet heard the story behind this, but as I am currently en route to where we estimate the Toa to be situated, so it's likely I'll learn at least enough of the situation to come to my own conclusion. It's largely irrelevant to you, in any case. Attached is a small dossier that highlights some of the key traits I've noticed thus far." ~'Ghost'

Alias/Name: Vyarik (No discernable alias, rather silly of him)

Appearance: A size-changer, due to his Kanohi. Consistent things about his appearance include his colouring of black and crimson and quite impressive figure. A Muaka skull sits on his shoulder. 

Armaments: Other than his Pehkui, he only really seems to carry around his two blades. Clearly confident in his abilities, then, unless there's a trick that I'm missing.

Personality Quirks And Modus Operandi: Vyarik is, from what I can gather, the more decisive of the two. From context clues in the brief conversations we've had in the journey up from Ta-Metru, Vyarik has a fixation on these Toa that hints at something of a past encounter. He hasn't yet divulged much information regarding this, but due to knowing the Po-Toa by name, I can only assume there's some sort of a rivalry. This is highly unusual for Dark Hunters, most of them tend not to stray from their usual marks unless absolutely required, and fewer still hold the confidence and arrogance that Vyarik is displaying at this moment in time. Due to Stannis being on the bounty list prior, I can only assume that the Toa was a failed assasination, perhaps one that Vyarik forged a grudge with. As an aside, I've seen his swordwork firsthand, and it is admittedly excellent. Remind me to inform you of the chaos that is also ensuing in Ta-Metru in detail next time. Nasty business, truly.

Alias/Name: Waveahk (Cannot discern whether this is an alias or not, at this point in time. Assume it isn't, for now.)

Appearance: An ugly one. A Steltian Elite, but a mutant one, it looks like, with webbed feet and scaly skin that implies either a forced or accidental transformation prior to his enlistment. Forced mutation isn't an unKnown thing in the Hunters, as I'm sure you're aware, so both possibilities are on the table. In any case, his general appearance is rather robust, with blue armour and proud blazing orange eyes. Seems to dry up when not given water, and has even stated that with liquids he grows stronger. 

Armaments: A trident that fires laser beams. Quite fancy. Also a less graceful zamor launcher, one I've not seen the functions of yet.

Personality Quirks And Modus Operandi: He hasn't revealed quite as much in his demeanour as Vyarik has, aside from being vaguely rude. He was the first to ask about my falsified mark, earlier, which could suggest a more suspicious side than his bruiser friend has revealed. As a result he interests me less than Vyarik, though perhaps that is a mistake. He lacks the notable vendetta that Vyarik also holds on his shoulder, making his motives less easy to discern. Perhaps he is hoping that the Shadowed One reimburses him for his extended efforts? Steltian Elites tend to vie for power, so that could also factor in. If he survives our skirmish with the Toa, perhaps I'll learn more.

END ENTRY.

(completely non canon, by the by, i just wanted to have some fun)

Edited by Dane
  • Like 4

Vyarik will remember this.

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

New Faction: Untethered

Happy Leap Year! Today is the perfect day to unveil something weird that’s been sinking its hooks into the game for the past few weeks. A strange force began working on the world since the crew of The Ripple discovered the strange puzzle cube in the grotto far to the South of Destral. So far, Mazor and Skorm have experienced strange dreams or feelings of another being in their consciousness. Across the known world, the recently deceased have been rising. NPCs are strange zombies, chasing those who live to consume their sparks of destiny. For this faction individual destiny does not exist. There is only the destiny of the whole, the larger fate of the emergent entity seeking awaken the Dead God. However, PCs are coming back as Revenants! While the red ring on the horizon lasts, players whose character die can revive them as a Revenant (see below). Players can always choose to let the PC return as a mindless zombie instead. If the red ring on the horizon disappears that means open enrollment in the Untethered is over. Other ways will need to be found for characters seeking to forfeit their individuality.

Power Changes* Upon Revival:

1. When your character died an element may have been involved in the process. This is their new element.  This forms the core of their spirit, carried in their torso, and if put out the Revenant no longer is bound to their physical form and ceases to exist. The spirit core is where a Revenant experiences their senses and concept of self.
  2. All Revenants can feel the spirit cores of other Revenants on the same plane.
  3. Revenants cannot use kanohi, lacking the mental acuity and focus.
  4. Revenants are part of a larger whole. The larger whole maintains their shape and powers. They cannot sleep or dream, instead resting by offering their consciousness to the Dead God.
  5. Revenants seek to awaken the Dead God.
  6. They are drawn to the Coliseum in the City Of Legends, sensing the way to awaken the Dead God within its tower.
  7. When requiring aid, a Revenant can release an aberrant cry. All active Revenants may teleport to the crying Revenant.
  8. Healing powers do not affect Revenant characters.
  9. Revenants do not remember their individual past lives. Instead, their memories blend with other Revenants. Each new Revenant adds to the concept of past self.

Kaita**:

Three Revenants may form a single entity with access to the combined powers of the Revenants involved. This entity is known as an Untethered Kaita. Untethered Kaita may use noble kanohi. All of the players involved in a Kaita may post as the Kaita. Coordinate in PMs or OOC for best effect. For size and damage, consider an Untethered Kaita larger than a titan (i.e. Brutaka) and treat all damage as if they are a normal PC. Untethered Kaita revert to individual Revenants when dealt a mortal blow. Revenants must wait until the next dawn to attempt to combine again.

*GM Note: please understand these in-game powers are in beta. This means if things get out of hand from a mechanical or power level standpoint I will consider rolling some things back. Play creative and play fair. <3

**Stretch Goal unlocked on 3/3/2020

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Stretch Goal unlocked!
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

Note to self: don't die. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sorry again I've been gone everyone.  I'll try and post more reliably this week.  Just life getting in the way and all that.  Sorry especially tho those who wanna throw down with Othorak in Ta-Metru; I might have UN take control of him so others aren't waiting on me :p lmk if y'all think that'd be a good idea.  In the meantime, Sans is gona huhuhuhuhu his way to Turaga Dume. When turaga's meet :O

edit: Oh dang Othorak is team dead ppl now.  I can help uhhhh the other Rev PC teleport to Ta-Metru with me if you'd like (sorry I can't remember who that is) and together we can skip to the Colosseum :3

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Hello everyone! Congratulations to the team who just found the Le-Metru Great Disc. <3 

Le Metru Great Disc Puzzle

The Notch has several twisting tubes accessed through four chute entrances, one of which is broken. Several pieces of information are laid out with each chute entrance, as well as on wooden boards stacked by the chutes. From left to right:

• Four dots, black paint, a matoran Faith charm, wood board says “broken”.
  • Three dots, white paint, a matoran Accuracy charm, wood board says “don’t go”.
  • Two dots, green paint, a matoran Unity charm, wood board says “maybe”.
  • One dot, red paint, a matoran Duty charm, wood board says “no”.

The dots correlate to level of difficulty, the paint correlates to the first junction in the chutes, the matoran charms correlate to the second junction in the chutes, and the wood boards offer clues as to which chutes are safe and which could lead to danger.

First Junction

The chute entrance tubes except the four dot tube all have a first junction puzzle. The one dot chute leads to a safe exit regardless of the choice at the junction:

• Left: white paint, continue to second junction
  • Middle: green paint, continue to second junction
  • Right: red paint, exit

Second Junction

The second junction has four branching routes which correspond with the matoran charms found back at the initial entrance. From left to right:

• Faith: leads to the Great Disc
  • Accuracy: broken chute exit
  • Unity: broken chute exit
  • Duty: broken chute exit

Broken Chute Exit

Players who choose Accuracy, Unity, or Duty are led through a series of chute loops and finally spat out in a dangerous waterfall of protodermis from a broken chute. Quick thinking will save players from dying. If they survive, it’s a long climb back to the chute station of the Notch to try again.

Great Disc Location

Those who have faith in their journey will rush through a dangerous series of twists, turns, and loops before becoming magnetically charged and shot into the center of a Force Sphere. Being inside teleports the party to a strange temple in a foreign jungle where the Great Disc is stored. They have a limited window of opportunity to grab the disc, jump back through the portal, and finish their chute ride in the safe exit.

Safe Exit

Taking the Red exit in the first junction or the Faith exit in the second junction leads eventually to the Safe Exit. This is a platform a few stories above the initial entrance chutes which is built into a derelict building. A small lizard lives here, but otherwise the players are safe from harm.

Happy chat.

Well, that was an unfortunate time for the network to be restored. I suppose that means the DH/Dume alliance is nearly at an end...

I'll be honest, I missed that tiny DH post sandwiched in amidst the other plot stuff.

Happy Monday! 

Hey everyone, welcome to March! Just a reminder this game is over on March 31st, 2020. Plan to spend the last week of March trying to wrap up loose ends, but think about what you one thing you desperately want your characters to accomplish and go for that. The last day of February saw the reveal of the fourth in-game faction: The Untethered. While there are many interesting things already known about this strange faction, please know the larger it becomes the more powers will be unlocked. As of yet, we have yet to see their “final form.” The Dark Hunter network had an update today and is no longer compromised. Until further notice Dark Hunters will return to receiving hits as they originally did.

While things may seem like they couldn't get zanier, there is still more in the wild rush of SKE. We'll be burning the nitro starting soon.

Love you all <3,

UN

Dark Hunter Hit: 

Kill Dume.

What happened last week in SKE?

The Ripple

• Mazor played with the silver puzzle cube more, resulting in a double eclipse in the sky which cast the known universe into an eerie darkness.
  • The crew wrestled with their emotions post escape from the island with the grotto.

Silver Sea

• Metru-Nui vs Kal, the throwdown continued
  • Kal freed Thom, who rushed away from the battle
  • Barraki Takadox inspired Amartakonen to kill Barraki Carapar during the planned final assault on Metru-Nui.

Metru-Nui

• Okuo and Kovac helped Vhisola evade a new Dark Hunter threat. She chose to hide out at the Great Temple and gather more information about the Great Disc hidden somewhere near there.
  • Taja visited Nixie to discuss the changes in the stars
  • Ta-Metru Disc Hunters snuck onto the conveyor belts heading into the Great Furnace
  • Odd Squad and Wanderers Inc. reached the second step in the Po-Metru Great Disc Puzzle, but were halted in their quest by Vyarik and the Brute Squad.
  • Le-Metru Disc Puzzle team succeeded! See the breakdown on the Le-Metru puzzles.
  • Turaga Nidhiki is loose in Metru-Nui.
  • Welcome Zataka, Queen of Techwear
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

Sans carrying the Ko-Matoran to Turaga Dume's doorstep be like hodor.thumb.jpg.76ff0158bf266fc32c7672f50609e70a.jpg

also Kilo-M9 is my favorite character and I don't care who knows it.

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Sorry for being away for so long, let me know if I made any mistakes in my new post.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

With the prerequisite of three Revenants out of the way, a new stretch goal unlocked for the Untethered faction! 

Kaita:

Three revenants may form a single entity with access to the combined powers of the revenants involved. This entity is known as an Untethered Kaita. Untethered Kaita may use noble kanohi. All of the players involved in a Kaita may post as the Kaita. Coordinate in PMs or OOC for best effect. For size and damage, consider an Untethered Kaita larger than a titan (i.e. Brutaka) and treat all damage as if they are a normal PC. Untethered Kaita revert to individual revenants when dealt a mortal blow. Revenants must wait until the next dawn to attempt to combine again.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This could be fun... since 2/3 of the untethered players are controlled by Nato lmao

Also, I prefer this version 

Edited by Azibo

You may want to check your math there, I only have the one Revenant.

Technically I don't even have one yet until I finish putting the new profile together.

• Like 1

@Nato the Traveler

Were the disks left behind when the revenant took off or are they floating along behind it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

It would've dropped them once it was done with them. 

Hi everyone, here's the breakdown for the Po-Metru Great Disc Puzzle

Finding The Location:

Some NPCs when asked will point players in the direction of the Sculpture Fields or The Wastes as locations they’d seen the Toa Mangai visiting in the past few months. A section of the Sculpture Fields has rings of graffiti with the tagged name “Lhii” in the colors of a rainbow. Going toward the center of the circle brings players to the first puzzle which involves a tall statue of Turaga Dume. 

First Puzzle:

Turaga Dume’s statue is heavily graffitied. Some of the graffiti holds clues for what to do:

• On the staff is of the symbol on a Po-Metru kanoka. This is the decryption key.
  • An arrow points towards the ruby-red glass prism set in the top of the staff.
  • Turaga Dume’s statue is also pointing in a direction with his other arm.

To solve the puzzle, players need to wait for the right time of day when the sunlight shines through the red glass, or they need to provide a form of illumination coming from the opposite direction the statue is pointing. The glass has a cipher written on it, which shows up in the red circular mark it leaves in the sands:

• “Srzhu fdq rqob uhdfk vr idu / Glj lwv judyh zkhuh lw hqgv.”

Po-Metru is the third district, and adjusting the cipher back three letters in the alphabet reveals:

• “Power can only reach so far / Dig its grave where it ends.”

The last part of the first puzzle is players realizing the red dot created by correctly illuminating the glass lies on the top of a large, buried, inverted pyramid.

Second Puzzle:

The main location for this puzzle involves the inverted pyramid.

• The pyramid is 100 matoran paces long on each side.
  • The pyramid is missing its capstone, and an entry to the inside of the structure can be found there. The entry is a straight shaft to a central chamber approximately thirty feet cubed.
  • The pyramid is not the most structurally sound sculpture in the fields.

To solve this puzzle find the entrance and go inside. Pretty simple. Once inside the central chamber players are presented with the final puzzle. If the structure is cracked or broken, sand will fill it. This preserves the final puzzle for players who don’t give up.

Third (Final) Puzzle:

The interior chamber is completely covered on all the floor, walls, and ceiling surface area with strange hieroglyphics in a language unknown to any member of the party. These hieroglyphics are the same as others seen in complementary Great Disc Puzzles. Near one of the walls is a rectangular table with the following clues:

• Four circular depressions on top
  • Four small statues of matoran with the words unity, duty, creation, and strategy. All statues have a circular base of similar size to the depressions on the table.
  • A poem is written in four lines on the side of the table facing the players: "In all of the world Metru-Nui stands / Bringing minds and hearts together as one / A plan devised to defend against foreign lands / A single path never undone.”

The correct order of statues from left to right is: creation, unity, strategy, and destiny. Completing the table puzzle opens the stone gateway built into it and reveals the resting place of the Great Disc of Po-Metru (339). 

----- From Earlier Today ----

Holy tamales, we're at 35 pages of content! Since this game moves fast I thought it could be fun to reward the community with clues, trivia, or lore for the upcoming game. Also, the person who makes the first post on a new page gets a treat. However, I want your opinion on what those treats should be! Discuss in this topic if you want. The first winner of a treat is @Harvali who made page 35.

Spoiler below:

The next game in the series for Six Kingdoms will be dependent on player created endings. If certain criteria is met I will propose a different game to the community. In one of these ending options player character location matters for whether or not they can be brought into the next game.

• Like 4

Happy chat.

Free DLC reskins for their character model. 

• Like 1

Attn: those at the silver sea temple assault
You have 24 hours to take or secure the temple or the League will get overwhelming reinforcements and force a Metru-Nui retreat. It's been fun to read, but we've all overstayed our welcome on this rock. 

Attn: all SKE
I feel like only yesterday I was congratulating Harvali on making the first post on Page 35. Now here we are, Vezok's Friend made Page 36! You get a treat too once the comm decides on an appropriate treat. (Cookies maybe, or a shopping spree in Metru-Nui?)

The next game will feature Skakdi culture, an island called Zakaz, and an alternative skakdi character option.

Happy chat.

From a character perspective, and this might be ambitious and require help from another player, but I know I would love for Kanohi to get some engineering lessons and help from Knichou on upgrading his grappling gun, maybe so he can fire a second grappling “line” from his gadget even if he was already hanging from the tool, as well as making it harder to drop his grappling gun. That way the recent incident with him stuck on the airship’s hull could be more easily avoided. 

Only issue is we would need some downtime in the plot to do it, and it’s the final stretch.

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

1 hour ago, Harvali said:

From a character perspective, and this might be ambitious and require help from another player, but I know I would love for Kanohi to get some engineering lessons and help from Knichou on upgrading his grappling gun, maybe so he can fire a second grappling “line” from his gadget even if he was already hanging from the tool, as well as making it harder to drop his grappling gun. That way the recent incident with him stuck on the airship’s hull could be more easily avoided. 

Only issue is we would need some downtime in the plot to do it, and it’s the final stretch.

Depending on our strategy for infiltrating the Coliseum... we can probably make this work.

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)