Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru streets

"Nuparu..?" Her expression changed to concern, but only briefly. A flash of softness before quickly reverting back to her hard case nature. The image of the corpse she'd seen flashed in her mind, the orange Pakari-turned-to-slag becoming clear suddenly, like enhancing a photograph. She thought she had reason to believe this Skakdi was the one who had done the poor Matoran in, but then again it could have been her own bias.

"...and did you see the 'horrible monster' who did it?" She was fully prepared to go through the motions with this guy until he slipped up, or got tired of her questioning.

IC: Jutori - Archives

"You work quick," I said, and I took in my surroundings. I'd never actually been in the Archives before, and it was intimidating to say the least, being around all this...knowledge.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

13 minutes ago, King of Kings said:

"Nuparu..?" Her expression changed to concern, but only briefly. A flash of softness before quickly reverting back to her hard case nature. The image of the corpse she'd seen flashed in her mind, the orange Pakari-turned-to-slag becoming clear suddenly, like enhancing a photograph. She thought she had reason to believe this Skakdi was the one who had done the poor Matoran in, but then again it could have been her own bias.

"...and did you see the 'horrible monster' who did it?" She was fully prepared to go through the motions with this guy until he slipped up, or got tired of her questioning.

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Interrogation)

The Skakdi shook his head, rubbing his uncovered eye.

His mouth tasted sour.

"One of ya mates seems to be chasin' after somebody, though. Maybe ya should check that one out?"

Move on. He thought, wondering if that Kakama would be faster than his quickdraw.

Edited by Dane

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "It helps when you know what to look for." The Vo-Matoran's voice still had that half distracted tone to it. "Did you know that Toa Naho's favorite food is Temple Squid calamari?"

Edited by Silvan Haven
Colors

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:  Vashni - Onu-Metru - Archives -

“Calamari huh?” Vashni tried not to sound too bored, but she’d been hoping for information that was a little more useful than that, of course the odds of Turaga Dume leaving any information that could actually be useful was rather slim to begin with. 

“I prefer a good burger myself.” When was the last time I even had a burger? There was that one ship that served them, but it’s in the bottom of the silver sea now... 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

"Yes, that's true," the old toa accepted in a forlorn tone, "but The Shadowed One's minions—people like you— are often employed by others who want us dead. You all are just the weapons, not the real enemy, and it is very hard to save our lives when our enemy is within.

Stannis turned away and began to walk out of the alley. "Now, I keep my word to you—go! And when you report to your masters, tell them you met Toa Stannis. Tell them... I'm back in the city... and I have seen the approaching storm."

His large cloak billowed in the breeze of a passing airship, and then the old toa was gone.

• Like 5

IC, Atamai: Onu-Metru

”Burgers are good. So are tacos.”

I started leading the group away from the information room, down a much more empty hallway. Eventually we came to an elevator door with a keypad. 

“Alright, we’re here. This maintenance elevator can take us down to any floor in the archives, including floors that visitors normally don’t have access to.”

I briefly looked around to make sure there were no prying eyes, then punched in my security code. The elevator doors slid open. My group and I stepped inside. 

“If there’s anywhere in this Metru where a Great Disk would be found, it’s the Archives. Unfortunately there’s a lot of floors and tunnels to look through, so I think we should start with the first restricted level, level six, then work our way down from there.”

She craned her neck to look over Thom's shoulder. She was having trouble seeing anyone through the crowd that was now gathering around to check on the deceased inventor, but that didn't automatically mean the Skakdi was lying. She looked back to him.

"I'm not done with you," she said. She imagined whipping out her rifle and aiming it at the Skakdi's head, threatening to put a ferromagnetic round in between the eyes of his grinning skull if he didn't spill his guts right there and then.

The thought passed.

"I have one more question, if you don't mind." She was tense. Maybe Thom could sense it, even though she tried not to show it. The air around them was getting thicker.

"What's under that cloak?"

Now we're getting somewhere.

I ignored the talk of food, and the feeling of hunger it had suddenly given me. "Sounds like a plan," I said. I looked to Tallea. "Any other fun facts about the Mangai?"

I hoped my sarcasm was obvious.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: "The four Ice Toa had a barbershop quartet...and someone seems to have deleted large sections about the Archives. Pretty sloppily too. They didn't even bother to put in replacement entries, just delete tho old ones." She glanced over at their 'guide.' "Atamai, what's on level seven?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Vyarik - Onu Metru

Managing only a thoughtful frown, Vyarik watched the Toa leave... then waited several moments more before accepting that he truly was gone, and relaxing.

He returned his blades to their sheathes on his back, still musing over the strange conversation.

Toa Stannis... Not a name Vyarik knew, but clearly one that carried some weight. He has an eye for the bigger picture... or perhaps he's just arrogant.

Either way, Vyarik was certain he would be seeing the Toa again soon.

He was looking forward to it.

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

”Level seven is live Rahi. The Archives are organized so that every level starting with level six is live Rahi that are too big for stasis tubes. The more dangerous kinds are kept in the lower levels. The lower the level, the more dangerous the Rahi. Those in level seven are moderately dangerous.”

Wait. 

“Did you say someone deleted information? To do that you need administrative access, which is something even I don’t have.”

• Like 1

IC: "This hunt was started with the announcement of the arrest of the city's Toa team and a call for replacements. Politics has it's fingerprints aaaaaall over the situation. Somebody is obviously trying to cover their tracks, the only question is which side of the law they currently fall on."

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

This was interesting.

"Are you saying there's...a conspiracy?"

It made sense, and as the elevator moved my stomach seemed to drop with it. I had a feeling I had gotten himself into something deeper than I was expecting.

OOC: wait, is the elevator moving or have we all been standing in an idle elevator for this conversation?

Edited by King of Kings

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru - Archives-

"Of course there's a conspiracy, it's as clear as day." Vashni started, looking slightly annoyed. "I've yet to hear why the Toa Mangia were arrested to begin with! No one seems to know what they actually did." 

"Because they...they..."

What did they even do? I paused, and stared at the wall of the elevator. I hadn't considered it, foolish as that sounded. Didn't think past what I'd been told, and maybe I'd been too caught up in the idea of becoming a Toa. For a moment, I wished I'd stayed on that street corner with my iStone and just went to work. I looked at the group.

"...we have to find out what's going on," I said finally. "What's really going on."

I'd had enough of lying.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Vashni clasped her hands together, smiling ever so slightly. "There you go! If you want to be at least a half-decent Toa, you need to learn to think for yourself. Don't believe everything your told." 

Vashni was right. The whole thing absolutely reeked of conspiracy  

It was then I realized, who ordered the arrest of the Mangai? Turaga Dume. Who announced the Great Disk Hunt? Dume again. 

“This goes all the way to the top. Dume had the Mangai arrested and tasked the public with finding the Disks. 

“I say that after we find the Great Disks we confront Turaga Dume about what’s really going on.”

Suddenly the atmosphere was broken by a loud ding. The elevator doors slide open into a long dark tunnel. 

“Welcome to level seven.”

I wasn't sure how to respond to Vashni, so I just gave her a shy half-smile. "I don't even know if I want to be a Toa any more."

I felt the elevator come to a sudden stop, then heard the recognizable ding that indicated we'd made it to our floor. The doors opened.

“Welcome to level seven.”

I frowned. "Isn't this...the level with the moderately dangerous rahi? That aren't being kept in stasis?"

Edited by King of Kings
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

”Well since someone deleted all the information about this level it’s worth a look around. Plus the Rahi are only dangerous if you go into their enclosures. Or if they break out. Luckily we have a Toa and a Matoran wearing power armor with us. And I’ve got a disk launcher.”

• Like 1

"You're lucky if you get a choice in the matter..." Vashni said, mostly to herself, she then turned her attention to the current level of the archives, seven. 

"We should be fine like Atamai said, but be cautious all the same." Vashni reached out with her element to see if she could detect the minds of the Rahi or whatever else lurked there.

• Like 1

I clutched my iStone close to myself like a security blanket. I supposed I couldn't have been in safer hands, but that still didn't get rid of the pit in my stomach. Slowly I stepped out of the elevator, peering into the dark.

"Atamai," I said, "if the information for this level got wiped, what if that means something down here got tampered with? You know, like...the enclosures."

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Brutaka, Silver Sea

“And here with your troops you will stay. For now, meditate on what the three virtues mean beyond the toa code. What do they mean for society, or all beings? When you are ready to share, I’ll listen.” Brutaka handed over a small stone -- a pebble in his hand, a river rock in Iona’s -- with the symbol of the three virtues carved on its surface. The rock was polished smooth from being turned over in the hand. 

“When I began my rite of passage this stone was given to me, and now I pass it on to you. If you find yourself no longer called to a higher path, return the stone. Now, I have others to speak with about tomorrow’s assault. You’ll receive your orders this evening.”

With that, Brutaka took his leave of Iona.

IC: The Reliable Narrator

It was a Sunday night and the game master Unreliable Narrator rested. He had eaten lamb vindaloo after a long day at work and taken some time to make a cup of ginger tea. The game master had a sore throat, being on the tail end of a horrid flu that had made him miss two days of work. A video played in the background showing an LA local DIY renovating her home. He idly flipped through the game master notes for a roleplaying game he had begun on Tuesday. He felt they were perhaps longer than they needed to be.

Unreliable Narrator was unaware how popular this roleplaying game would become with his friends. He double checked the timeline of events, and began reading the exciting stories everyone had been posting since the morning’s assassination...

No, wait,  he was not resting.

He was writing. He was writing posts! Posts that would do nothing for the plot, except break the fourth wall, and remind players that the next Dark Hunter hit would come out on Monday morning… and would be a player character…

IC: Onu-Metru Archives, level 7

When Atamai said the records had been deleted, what they truly meant was that no records of any kind existed for the past three months. When compared to other floors higher and lower, it seemed like a strange pattern of absence. 

The elevator opened in a long and dimly lit hallway. While nothing seemed off, Vashni felt the presence of something bestial on the edge of her elemental range. 

As Jutori turned to speak with Atamai, something wrapped around his ankle. It was chitinous, slightly bumpy, and pulled hard. Unless Jutori grabbed onto something to steady himself, and fast, he would find himself pulled down a hallway of eerily flickering lightstones.

OOC: Updated this post because I beat you all to the punch! Ha! Take that! I love you all!

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

No sooner had Stannis left the alley that he saw the matoran who accompanied the recently-murdered citizen was under an attack as well, and this one was certainly also not the original assassin. He briefly thought of the ramifications of more than two Dark Hunters on a single task and what doom that foretold before he instinctively acted, gesturing simply with a hand and throwing up a stone barrier between Knichou and his attacker, who also glowed with a red aura. It wasn't meant to stop Victim, but it was a stalling move and Stannis hafted his spear again as he closed the gap between them. He may not have been able to save the Onu-Matoran, but maybe the other one would be key to unraveling this riddle, if he could be rescued. And maybe this all fit into the grand scope of his mission in Metru Nui—few things found in a web of shadows were unrelated. 

There was not much time left on his programmed power, only a couple minutes, and he needed to make the most of it and try to find the real killer in the chaos, but he could not walk away from helping his people. It was what qualified him as a toa-hero, after all. Well, that and his majestic-looking cloak fluttering as he charged forward like an enraged lion.

OOC: That's a wall of stone right in Victim's path. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru

He could hear the commotion still unfolding further in the next street. He wasn't sure if Thom had somehow gotten himself caught, or if another Hunter had arrived late on the scene, or if something else entirely was happening. 

Nor did he particularly care. 

He'd already gone above and beyond his usual role by unintentionally distracting the Toa, at least for a while. He'd done his part, and though he hadn't claimed the kill himself, he could still take comfort in knowing the Dark Hunters had achieved their goal.

Vyarik shrunk down to a smaller size and began to scale the wall beside him - it was easier to find handholds with smaller hands, and since his body still retained its full strength, he was able to lift himself up just as efficiently. It was a more uncomfortable process than usual, his arms and shoulder aching from the bruises left by the Toa's bombardment of rocks, but it wasn't enough to prevent him from finishing his climb.

He reached the roof, and began to clamber across the rooftops, putting more distance between himself and the site of his companion's crime.

There would be plenty of other targets to hunt before his time in this doomed city was done, of that Vyarik was certain. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: mobileposting at 2 am lol (also for some reason one of my other posts has a weird formatting issue i need to fix)

I will admit, I screamed very loud.

Not wanting to get dragged away to Mata Nui-knows-where and possibly devoured by whatever lived down here, I reached for and grabbed the closest thing: the leg of Tallea's power armor.

"HELP?"

Edited by King of Kings
colors
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

11 hours ago, King of Kings said:

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Interrogation)

That hypothetical question he'd been asking himself was now a very real one.

At this range, did he have enough time to line up a shot properly? 

"Oh, justta mango. Get hungry sometimes." He muttered, eyes attented on her hand. If she moved, this was it.

Edited by Dane

IC: Oreius | An Unnamed Island in the Silver Sea

The Toa of fire sat alone on a rock, cleaning his swords. The metal gleamed as his deft fingers drew a handful of flames up one side and down the other, carefully burning away all traces of blood and grime. This was one of the few things Oreius allowed himself to enjoy. He took simple pleasure in taking soiled steel and making it clean again. The task was a microcosm of his own greater purpose: to cleanse the Great Spirit's lands of corruption and filth.

He had fulfilled that duty today. The scorched and bloody beach was evidence of his zeal. Each shattered blade was a testament, and each ashy corpse a witness. The League had fallen back before his fire, their weaknesses laid bare in the Spirit's light, and the island was free.

For now. He stood to his feet and slid each blade back into its sheath. The war was far from over, and the League was far from broken. They would be back, their eyes ever set on Metru Nui. They would not stop until their spirit was broken or their ranks cut down to the last man. And if that was what it took, then he would oblige.

Oreius began to walk along the beach, back towards camp. Brutaka would be waiting: there were plans to be made before the moon was high. The sand crunched softly underfoot and the waves whispered as they rolled up the shore. The sun hung low over the horizon, spilling orange and red and purple light across the sky and into the silver sea.

OOC: Oreius open for interaction.

• Like 2

IC: Aksa, Silver Sea – League-controlled island

A woman sits on the edge of a dock, watching the sun set. This scene would be at home in many stories, but evidently this is not one of them. Aksa, in spite of her relaxed demeanor, would much prefer for the mission to hurry up and get underway already. Carapar's speech was less than inspirational, and she is currently being subjected to the inane chatter of a pair of Toa behind her.

The gentle hiss of the descending airship ramp brings Aksa's vigil to a welcome end. As she stands, one of the Toa makes a declaration. "The time for philosophizing is over for now. We have a mission; it is time to perform our duty to the League of Six Kingdoms."

She snickers as she turns. "And thank the spirit for that."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata speaking to Skorm

Q2TtLEz.png

Vashni could sense...something ahead, from how it felt it was probably just a rahi but...

11 hours ago, King of Kings said:

"HELP?"

Vashni spun around quickly and activated her powers, using telekinesis to try and hold Jutori and whatever thing was trying to drag him away in place. 

"Get that thing off of him quickly!" 

• Like 1

IC: Dark Hunter Dispatch, Metru-Nui

Small terminals in safehouses across Metru-Nui lit up with a faint green glow accompanied by an audible alert. A new set of instructions had been dispatched to the Dark Hunters stationed in the city of legends. For some, the names were fresh. For others, old grudges resurfaced. The dispatch read:

Capture Artahkan matoran refugee Knichou for questioning. Eliminate Toa Stannis. Both seen armed in Onu-Metru. The matoran may know sensitive information. An old rival has resurfaced.

The screens dulled after a few moments. The hit had been placed. It was only a matter of time now...

OOC: technically still morning here!

Happy chat.

IC: TrikiGa-Metru

Triki looks between both Karista and Revamp as they have was seems to be a day-long staring contest, and decides to break the silence himself.  "Toa disk-seeking would be use-good, but need-not for adventure-start!  Already have idea-good of where to find disk-great.  Great Temple already has lotsa pretty shiny things, great place to hide Kanoka beneath.  Problem-be all the nosey-mean Vahki walk-patrolling around.  Might need to parts-scrap them along way.  Could be dangerous.  Who wants in?"

:music: 

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

Karista sighed softly with relief. She couldn't make out a lot of what the green one had said, but she did catch something about not needing this strange power her form seemed to possess. "Do you understand anything he's saying?" she asked the blue one.

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru.

The Dark Hunter had only made it a few rooftops further down the street when he felt his iStone vibrate in its pouch on his belt. He pulled it out and checked the name of the new target - and then he laughed. Looks like my masters already know you're here, hero. 

Still chuckling to himself, he started to work his way back down the street towards where he'd last seen the Stannis.

She raised an eyebrow. This wasn't getting anywhere, and it's not like she could keep the Skakdi here forever. Besides, there was another suspect to look for.

"Fine," she said, moving her hand from her sheath and letting it fall to her side. "You're free to go. I just need your name, and we're good. In case I have to...contact you any time soon."

I struggled against whatever had grabbed me, but relaxed slightly when I could feel the effect of Vashni's abilities on me. I looked down and could see my iStone on the floor, the screen cracked, and for a moment in the chaos I simply thought:

Karzahni, that'll cost a fortune to fix.

Before remembering my peril, and screaming again.

OOC: still mobileposting

Edited by King of Kings

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

"O-oh..." Karista wasn't entirely sure what security clearance meant or why she'd have it, but she was getting worried about these two figuring her out if she kept declining. "Okay..."

She followed after Triki.

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

The Toa Mangaia? Traitors? Preposterous. One among them betraying Metru Nui would have been difficult to accept, but not outrageous as the entire team going renegade and necessitating incarceration. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

Still, there was little point contemplating that now. The less Toa defending the city meant Tekmo would have to step up his game to compensate - what better way to do so than finding the legendary Great Disks, that could perhaps prove valuable in the war against the Barraki?

His search was distracted by what appeared to be a vehicular accident. Some sort of bike lying on the ground, from which three entities - a Le-Matoran (Triki) and what appeared to be a Ga-Matoran ('Revamp') and Toa of the same element (Karista) - were walking away from.

Tekmo walked after them. "Excuse me? I believe your vehicle is... non-functional. Is there a problem?"

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru, Protodermis Canal)

Something swam in the protodermis canals of Onu-Metru. Something hunting for the Matoran Knichou, or the Toa Stannis. Whichever came first...

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, League Territory)

"A merchant vessel. Hah! Well, one takes what one can get!" The one known as Ostrox ascended up the ramp and boarded the frankly inadequate transport they had been assigned.

Edited by Toru Nui