Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Bridge of the Taku

Nale was the first of the passengers to enter the bridge - the rest were still on the lower deck.

"I take it you dealt with the Dark Hunter? Quite brave of you," She said, placing her hands on her hips. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Well, Arkius crippled himself defending from that Dark Hunter Toa, so I had to improvise for the other one," Knichou said with a shrug. "I wasn't sure if you or Stannis were going to make it back. If I had known you were that close I wouldn't have caused as much property damage."

Knichou sighed, glad the chase and combat was finally over.

"I guess there's a lot of explaining to do..."

"... But first, welcome aboard the Taku. Right now we're going to lay low for a bit so you're stuck here until we figure out our next course of action. My cabin is up here -" Knichou pointed to the room connected to the rear of the bridge - "And the room opposite is mainly storage, but we can probably fit accommodations for one of you in there, and more on the lower deck."

Knichou was silent for a moment. "... Oh, and... thanks for staying back to fend off the Vahki. What... happened down there?" the fe-matoran inquired, looking at the fresh wound on Nale's Kanohi.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Jutori - Archives

I had received Vashni's message, hoping that the Toa of Psionics could hear my thoughts of appreciation in return. Having no reason to do otherwise, I got behind Tallea, wishing I had some kind of weapon or tool of my own at the moment.

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"Toa business," she replied. "Fought some Dark Hunters, one got a lucky shot. Stannis...came back and saved me."

"I'd have been fine on my own, of course. But, Toa are supposed to help fellow Toa."

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru airspace, Aboard the Taku

"Well, all of you survived, so I'd call that a success..."

The two were quiet for a moment.

"... of course, a death is the reason we're all together..."

Knichou swivelled back towards the consoles and the window looking out in front of them. The Taku was above the clouds, so Knichou leveled out the Taku and cut the engine throttle so they began to drift.

"... I never thought my first meeting with Nuparu would be our last..."

Knichou continued to work at the controls, flipping switches to redistribute levitation engine power and checking diagnostics on the monitors. Slowly less and less warning lights were flashing. Check Hull. Check Anchor. Lower bow levitation critical.

"... it's no coincidence he died the day Dume announced the hunt for the great disks. Nuparu was demoted as chief engineer. He was working on a secret project for Dume. One that was not of his own design. Something the Toa Mangai found soon after the beginning of the war. Even Nuparu wasn't sure of this device's function, but it was clear it was powered by disks. Whatever it was, Nuparu had reservations about if it should be completed. He mentioned that Lhikan told him something, but I didn't hear anymore more about that until he... died"

Knichou looked ahead at the expanse of clouds, the sky shifting orange by the sunset. He thought a cloud in the distance looked like...

Knichou shut his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I was planning on working for Nuparu to help end the war, but I think being a fugitive puts that potential job out of my reach..."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

6 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

Ic: Turaga Lhikan | Coliseum prison

"Maybe."

IC: Thom - Prison (Increasingly annoyed)

"Maybe? Is that all ya gotta say?!" Thom yelled at the Turaga, knuckles white around the bars.

The Skakdi spat, before letting go of the bars and pulling his eyepatch back on. He was wasting breath speaking to this senile fool. The Ko-Skakdi laid on his slab, staring at the ceiling.

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (In pursuit)

"Now, I don't want to cramp your broody style, which, you know, I absolutely love, so if you don't mind, I'll be off to see to some business I need to take care of."

The Toa couldn't help but chuckle at the "broody" comment, but regardless Okuo had made a key mistake.

Mentioning that he wished to "see to some business" immediately tipped Kovac off as to what he was up to. Indeed, he was interested in the cafe, but more specifically this Ga-Matoran, it looked like.

An unrequited crush, perhaps? 

Funny though that thought may have been, it would not have explained the squad of Vahki currently following the Ga-Matoran's every move.

The night watchman looked around, before sighing. He couldn't see where Okuo had went, but he could guess. 

Kovac Krossfari jumped from his current rooftop to the next, clambering up with grace and ease. He would tail the tailers, and see what it is that had the Vahki so interested. And, seemingly, this strange Ta-Matoran.

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

The big old toa lingered on the upper deck near the stairwell where he could be seen and heard by people on either level and leaned against the railing in a pensive mood, appearing as though he was a man burdened by the weight of the world on his shoulders. He shifted his backpack from one arm to the next and lowered his hood to reveal his weathered and cragged face in its full aged glory. 

“Um, excuse me, I … I have a number of Disks of Regeneration in my back. They are low level, and I-I have to keep most to help repair the city in case of an attack, but if using some of them could help keep this airship airborne, well um, I would be glad to help. They are Ga-Metru; easy to aim?"

"I think that is a wonderful thing to offer help with. Come on up, Matoran, and meet Knichou, captain of this vessel—and one of the last living Nynrah Ghosts," Stannis said in introduction. "With us are Toas Nale and Arkius my old friend. I am Toa Stannis."

Now, his attention sharpened again as he looked towards Knichou's statement. "If Nuparu was working on something at the behest of Dume then why was he relieved of his duties, I wonder?" his voice boomed despite his murmuring tone. "The man had a conscience; perhaps he dissented to the construction of this device and was targeted for his political betrayal," he went on. "Something sinister is afoot with regards to his offing, and now Knichou and I are being entangled in this web. But whatever happened, it might also be true that Metru Nui is better without him in it."

IC Alpinist | Ko-Metru

The Alpinist looked scared half to death. His eyes were wide with adrenaline, his arms were cocked back in a shocked pose, and his mouth was agape with his intended protestations still left unsaid from before the Cartographer conjured the nightmarish ghoul. "Thanks for the warning," he said slowly, gradually collecting himself back together to the present, "but don't do that again."

But if that brief recollection was any indication, Toa Nuju was there and somehow complicit in the puzzle, or at the very least the late matoran's fate. It was a lot to take in, and the Alpinist realized he was still too distracted that he hadn't relaxed his shoulders in the wake of the revelation, a matter he immediately rectified. He held the three Kanoka out and contemplated their uses in the chamber. "In Unity, wisdom," he echoed yet again, hoping that it would awaken some eureka realization in his mind. 

He stared blankly at the disks, not knowing what to do. 

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru, Airship

The injured toa of earth sat sullen, one hand resting on the earthen cast keeping his leg together. He was clearly deep in thought at the moment, but every once in a while he winced, his hands closing tight into a white knuckled fist, with his gaze moving down to his injured leg before it passed and he resumed his brooding.

IC Kilo-M9 - Onu-metru, Archives, level 7:

Analyzing situation.

Compiling data.

Toa Mangai no longer in service. City has reduced number of toa. City protection is inefficient. More toa are required for efficient defenses.

Making additional toa requires losing one matoran for each toa.

Gain of one toa>loss of one matoran.

Exchange is efficient.

New objectives: protect allies, obtain great disk-->obtain other great disks-->create additional toa-->improve efficiency in city defenses.

Registering citizen Atamai as “ally”.

Registering citizen psionics toa as “ally”.

Auditory signal detected. Sounds of scuffle, about 5 sublevels down. Nearby pit is quickest path. Moving to assist.

A brief pause, barely any amount of time for a living being, but ages for a computer. The next sentence from the speaker was brief, but clear.

This unit will help- recover the Great Disks.”

The machine moved toward Vashni, deactivating the bubble with some sort of signal. Mechanical arms moved to catch the toa before she hit the ground. The metal guardian moved to the edge of the pit, before looking at Atamai and tilting its head towards its back. There were no words this time, but the message was clear.

Climb on.

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru (airship)

The stowaway couldn't pick up the entire conversation up above from his hiding place, but the snippets he could pick out did little more than irritate him. The Dark Hunters worked outside the law, but these Toa thought themselves above it, as evidenced by the trail of destruction they'd left in their wake. The fact that they were trying to weave some nonsensical conspiracy to justify their self-righteousness to those they'd roped into this mess only served to show how ignoble these 'heroes' truly were.

Vyarik didn't care much about collateral damage, but he did believe in letting people know what they were getting themselves into, and giving them a chance to choose their fate, or fight back. It was the honourable thing to do.

But these Matoran... dutifully obeying the Toa simply because they had power... Toa who in turn blindly following the faith of a nonexistent spirit that had never helped anyone... it made Vyarik's blood boil. A part of him wanted nothing more than to rise from his hiding place and strike them all down where they stood, but another part recognised that a five-on-one-fight would never work out in his favour. 

He needed to bide his time, so he remained where he was, and waited. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Karista's strange behaviour and whatever Triki was doing right now seemed inconsequential, in the face of 'Kostero's' shenanigans.

"I'm sorry, but are you trying to give me orders? After what you just did?! Your AUDACITY is... admirable, but misplaced. So, how about instead of lying for inane reasons, we tell them the truth, shall we? Together. I'm sure they'll be understanding... though I really don't understand why you did it in the first place."

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru, Dark Hunter Safehouse)

"Well. That could have gone better." Waveahk knew himself that this was an understatement. Both targets had escaped, and Thom (though Waveahk didn't know Thom's name despite asking for it several times) had been captured by the Vahki... but that was only a bad thing in the professional sense. Personally, he was rather glad to be rid of him. Thankfully, the Vahki's inability to swim had allowed him to make it back safely to the nearby safehouse.

There had been another hit put out while he had been away. One Ga-Matoran Vhisola, anti-government activist operating out of Ga-Metru. Perhaps that district's abundance of waterways would make things easier.

Waveahk left the safehouse and dived back into the Canal, swimming through Po-Metru to Ga-Metru...

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, The Ripple)

Ostrox continued to scream as Morah and Aksa left, though he didn't really notice, as he was too busy suffering from agonizing pain.

IC: The Cartographer

Ko-Metru Hideaway

This situation could have went exactly zero other ways, and yet somehow, the Cartographer still failed to see it, even as his finger squeezed the trigger of his Kanoka launcher. The Abomination of Karzahni seemed to collapse into death as quickly as it rose. The chamber was coated in the sickly effervescence of death that once draped his mangled torso and ran through his abominable hybrid veins. Although it had been moments since redeath, the horrible shrieks that expelled from it's jagged maw still seemed to echo through the chamber, shaking their brains within their skulls. The Cartographer still lay flat on his back on the chamber floor, in a trance of horror and disbelief.

"...but don't do that again." Suddenly, the Alpinist's voice cut into the silence, dragging the Cartographer back to reality. He arose slowly, and began to lean on his arms to stand. It was only then he noticed the distinctly claw-shaped acid burn on his right forearm, deep and clear. He knew immediately that he would bear this scar for the rest of his days; a reminder of a short, albeit gruesome mistake. He groaned at the sharp pain of the acid burn, and pushed himself to his feet.

Two discs left to try. Enlarge, weaken. The Cartographer studied the room again, as he had done a maddening amount of times before, in an attempt to see what he was missing; but still, no more appeared. Perhaps that was the root of the issue. The Cartographer and the Alpinist had both spent their time here looking for hidden clues yet unseen, instead of focusing on the ones right in front of them: the plinth, the discs, and the floating door. He approached the plinth again, but instead of examining it again, he looked up. Just as suspected.

"Hey, come here!" The Cartographer exclaimed, a strange excitement in his voice despite just having an encounter with Karz itself. "Look, this plinth is directly below the door. I don't know how we missed it before, but it seems so obvious now!"

The Alpinist approached and looked up himself, rubbing his chin and nodding in agreeance. 

"Here, take this weaken disc. I don't know where it fits in yet," The Cartographer motioned to the top of the plinth. "I'm gonna need you to trust me here. Get onto the plinth, I'll fire the enlarge disc at it. That should get you up to the door, anyway. You can toss me a rope when you get there."

With a slight hesitation, the Alpinist took the weaken disc, and clambered onto the plinth. He looked back at the Cartographer, with a look that said you'd better not try anything stupid, like last time. The Cartographer swallowed his unease, loaded the enlarge disc, and pointed it at the plinth. He squeezed the trigger...

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Crimson Jester

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC Kanohi - the skies of Metru-Nui

A Nynrah Ghost? One of the Nynrah Ghosts? The greatest crafters in all the universe, the best of the best Fe-Matoran? Inventors and craftsmen so skilled they could practically make a Toa Stone out of a vial of Liquid Protodermis and a chunk of a level one Kanoka?

Kanohi’s face turned a burnt red under his collection of failed masks and managed, “um, hello. I … um … hello. You um … you have um … your ship is nice. I mean well um of course it is, sorry.” He laughed nervously, avoiding eye contact with Knichou. 

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Iona [Beach Assault]

Somewhere off to her right the beach exploded, and then Iona turned to watch, wide eyed, as an array of mines went off beneath the feet of the strike team. The sound repeated again, and she saw Oreius, thankfully, manage to blast himself to safety.

The League was more than ready for them, they were prepared.

This ordeal was getting worse all the time, they had to make some headway up the beach. And fast.

Ahead, the Vahki under her command continued to pace forward, their movements oddly predatory for something that lacked flesh and blood. Unwilling to be the next unfortunate caught in one of the mines, Iona ducked to the side behind the mechanical enforcers for cover. Just in time to see vines begin to sprout from the ground at her feet. They looked out of place among the sand and the cacophony of battle, a bit of nature that attempted to reclaim the area from those that were tearing it apart.

Until the vines reached for the squad of Vahki as they crested the first hill. A tendril wrapped itself around the leg of one of the robots, only to be sliced clean through by the weaponry of another. Unrelenting, undeterred, they continued to advance forward. Those at the front of the pack firing round after round of energy from their weapons into the wall of plant material that blocked their progress, the organic matter blasted apart and charred by the volley, while those at the rear continued to lay down covering fire at anything that wasn't identifiably friendly. The Bo-Toa, to his credit, continued to conjure more defenses, even as the Vahki advanced.

A zamor caught one of the enforcers on the shoulder, grey armor dissolving under the steaming green liquid that was left behind. The limb went dead, though the Vahki paid it no mind, and simply turned to fire its one working weapon at the source of the attack. Another staggered back as a blast of fire struck it dead center in the chest, before collapsing in a mechanical heap.

Iona saw her opportunity, as a break in the Vahki's lines opened a path forward to the top of the bluff. Cursing to herself, she took it.

"On me!" She commanded as the Toa of Gravity sprinted past her contingent of vahki, breaking over the rise and into view of the first lines of the League's defenses. The Bo-Toa, still working his elemental power against the vahki, gave a shout of surprise and fumbled for some sort of launcher as he caught sight of Iona, only to find his chest armor caved in and his body thrown back by a blast of elemental energy from her fist.

More elemental energy gathering in her palms, Iona turned to face the rest of the League's soldiers positioned on the hill.

Far too her right, at another section of the battle, an ominous thud reverberated through the sand. Shortly followed by another. Foliage just past the treeline shuttered. Another thud.

And another.

Suddenly, a gigantic mechanical shape crashed through the treeline and onto the beach. It stood just shy of the treetops themselves, with a roughly hemispherical body carried on six vaguely insectile mechanical legs. A huge plasma cannon sprouted from its back, while yellow armor covered its form. The weapon, which had been previously firing on the Metru Nui ariships above, was now trained on the currently airborn Toa of Fire. If the hum, able to heard over the din of battle, was any indication, the weapon was being prepared to fire.

Though that wasn't the only danger presented by the walking tank, as two smaller limbs tracked targets below with a pair of zamor launchers, positioned like the mandibles of a huge spider.

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: The Cartographer

Ko-Metru Hideaway

In what seemed like a mere microsecond from the disc impacting the plinth, the entire chamber began humming to a low rumble, shaking free a layer of snow from the roof and walls which fell and coated the chamber and everything in it in a fine white powder. As the rumbling grew, the floor trembled, and the plinth began to grow in front of the Cartographer's eyes. It crumbled and creaked, and the chamber felt as though it would rattle itself completely apart as the plinth pushed upward toward the door. The Cartographer had to dig his ice picks into the wall to maintain his footing, lest the chamber rattle him completely out of the building. He hoped that the Alpinist was faring better on the plinth's platform.

The Alpinist had quickly ended up on his stomach, digging his picks and spikes into the plinth to keep from being thrown off and ending up like the dead Matoran at the floor of the chamber. He opened one eye quickly to see if he was still where he thought, and saw that the floor was pushing away from him at an alarming rate. He gripped the plinth tighter, desperate to stay on, although his inner adventurer was wholly enjoying this plinth-ride.

As swiftly as it began, the whole room suddenly froze again, and went silent. The Cartographer pried his picks from the wall, found his center of balance again, and looked up. The plinth has become an obelisk, a mighty hulking tower of ice that dominated the entire room. He could barely even make out the top and the doorway anymore, and could barely hear the telltale scraping sounds of the Alpinist moving around above.

"Are you alright!?" The Cartographer called out, his voice ringing with a different echo than before. The plinth had grown so large that it had drastically changed the acoustic properties of the room.

"Yep!" The Alpinist shouted back, a cheeky excitement consuming his voice. Before he could respond to the Cartographer again, he had to find out what would happen after the next phase. The Matoran quickly reached for his launcher, already loaded with the weaken disc. He turned to the door, and fired. The door groaned and shuddered, and the thick coating of ice that encased the door began to wind back as tendril-fingers releasing the door from it's eternal clutches. 

The Alpinist turned back, returning his launcher to its home. From his pack he retrieved a length of climbing rope, and one of his sturdiest anchors. Driving it deep into the surface of the plinth-obelisk, he threw the connected rope down to the chamber floor below.

"Thanks!" The Cartographer shouted, now grasping for the rope in front of him. Before ascending, he looked upward to the door again, his mind in a state of marvel at the now-uncovered door. It looked pristine, almost flawless, as though the ice had shielded from the wear and tear of a thousand generations. The excitement was almost too much to contain now; although he knew not if this door would be the end of the puzzle, nor contained the prize he sought. Regardless, it was time to find out. With the rope firmly in hand, he clambered the plinth until he was face-to-face with the massive, ancient door.

"Well, I suppose we should find out what's behind this, hey? We've been here long enough," the excitement in the Cartographer's voice was slightly stifled by the revelation of how long they'd been inside this tower. The Alpinist nodded in agreement, and the two Matoran reached out, pushing the door with all their might. And much to their surprise, the door gave, and began to open...

IC: Fa'amatai

Silver Sea Beach Assault

By the time Fa'amatai had reached the third crater hole, his brain had begun to become accustomed to the  calamitous music of war: the deafing basslines of the bombs, the sharp-cutting whiz of lightstone rounds like haunting strings, the screams a chorus in a most twisted tongue. Fa'amatai had begun to feel the rhythm of war, and was now beginning to understand how to sway to the dance.

His rifle sang from the foxhole like a bird of prey, flying out and snatching the lives of the beach defenders as though they were a lunchtime snack. Like clockwork, he drew sights, fired, loaded a round, and through and through again. It was a strange feeling to feel so in-tune with something so vile and destructive, but the will to survive and succeed made the all-out combat almost addicting. He breathed deeply between shots, letting the effervesence of war fill his nostrils like the sweetest of poisons. He fired again, his round finding it's mark. He dropped back behind the safety of his crater, and sat down for a breath.

How the Toa had ended up in this place seemed like such a far-off tale at this point. He knew when we was first told of the operation that he wanted to be one of the first on the ground, the first to see what effigies of the past could be buried on this remote island; but at that time he did not ever think this was how it would be. It seemed that at one point, Fa'amatai was a historian, but now, on the battlefield, he had become a soldier, a warrior.

The Fa'amatai who landed on this beach would never return home.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator ready to find out what's behind the door.

Edited by Crimson Jester

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, The Ripple

With no answer directly incoming from Skorm, Varxii decided she was good to take that as permission. Leaving the Twi-Toa behind her on the balcony, the girl charged back into the airship proper, hurrying to catch up with the airship's defenders. One Visorak was already down, as was one of their own - Varxii winced at the sight of her fellow leaguer writhing on the floor, clearly in immense pain, but there was nothing she could do for him right now - while two other of her allies charged towards the rest of the boarding Visorak. A fourth was doing some minor repair work with a kanoka; something that, in Varxii's opinion, was better done after that battle when any repair work wouldn't be immediately torn apart again - and when her mask power could speed the process quite considerably.

But if he was happy in his work, why bother him?

In any case, Varxii knew where her place was right now; up front with those repelling boarders. Sparing only the briefest of glances at the rest of her allies, the Vo-Toa quickly put herself at Morah and Aksa's heels.

In the heart of the fight was where she was at her best; and karz it, she was gonna prove that.

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru, furnace sub-district

Well, one forge down...

Several hundred to go, probably. Ta-Matoran sure loved their forges.

Though to be fair, so did Vortixx; at least, that's what anyone would think by looking at her home island of Xia. Except for the Mountain, almost every square inch of space back home was covered by industrial works, and anything that wasn't was considered quite the shameful waste of space. Xia was factories on top of foundries and forges and furnaces like these... it was, in fact, partly what had led her to make her home in Ta-Metru in the first place. The sense of it being familiar--

And yet, different. Despite all the smelting and burning, Ta-Metru's air was still cleaner, even on its worst day, than Xia's was on its best. You could breathe. There was actually room to move between buildings, with streets that were, if not wide, then at least comfortable for a being to walk without feeling like she was squeezing through the bowels of some great artificial beast.

In a sense, Ta-Metru felt like what Xia could have been if someone, at some point in history, had stopped and considered what would make for an environment that was comfortable as well as being productive.

And if the excessive space felt extremely wasteful to her? The fact that it begot a far nicer place to live and work kinda made it worth it.

Now wasn't the time though, she reminded herself, for idle thoughts on what made for better architectural design. She had a self-assigned task, even if it was a foolhardy one, and the determination to see it through. Still, as still a relative stranger to Ta-Metru, she could only guess at what this root of fire in the clue was supposed to be; the Great Furnace somehow seemed too obvious, but that left her only option to simply keep looking around and hoping that something would make itself visible.

Forge number two, she guessed, here she went.

The Vortixx ducked into the next door along, icy gaze continuing to scan for anything that might pass as a clue.

((OOC: Zecrillia still open to interaction ^^ I... hope it was alright for me to just drop her in a different location to everyone else? I didn't see anything to suggest I shouldn't; but now I'm wondering if I did something wrong by doing so without seeking permission first?))

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Dark Hunter Network: 

A green flash of writing flashed across the screens in dark hunter safe houses. Something had gone terribly wrong for the shadowy network of assassins:

Due to unforeseen network compromise, abort all current job opportunities. Vahki penetration tests were successful as of 00:03:53 hours ago. Standby for further orders by alternative means. Please update to current version of Nortonware.

Those out in the field might get a vibration or a silent notification of the change in plans. If the vahki had network information, it was only a matter of time before safe houses could be discovered and raided.

OOC: Nice Job, Okuo.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru

Vhisola and the unseen bordakh squad reached the front door to her apartment. She seemed anxious, visibly checking her iStone and waiting for something before entering. Sure enough, another ga-matoran arrived a few minutes later and accompanied Vhisola into the building. 

“That sounds so scary,” Macku said as she brushed aside the beads covering Vhisola’s front door. They were on the upper floors of the apartment building. Vhisola struggled to get the keys out of her satchel.

“Yeah,” Vhisola replied as she finally got the key in the lock. Turning it the door unlatched with and audible click. “Thanks for coming over. It’s probably nothing, but…”

“Oh no absolutely. I get it.” 

“I’m not crazy, right?”

Macku looked her friend over and smiled. “No, you’re not.”

“Thanks Macku.” Vhisola said and they both walked into her apartment.

OOC: Hi Informant.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

Tallea’s punch into the chitinous tentacle crushed a hole through its inky form. To her dismay, the large unmoving rahi melted before her eyes into more of the goo that formed the tentacle she destroyed, and burst forward in an attempt to restrain those at the bottom of the hole through the Archives.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Short additions for Onu- and Ga-, sorry I can't write more at this time

Happy chat.

OOC: edited per a message from Narrator 

Stannis' words were somewhat cold, but probably true. With Nuparu gone, perhaps Metru-Nui would no longer be plagued by things such as the Vahki, or this device he was being forced to work on. Although if Dume killed his top engineer before it was completed, wouldn't that mean...?

"You don't think Nuparu was assassinated to find a replacement, do you? To find another engineer who would be willing to finish the project?"

The talk of conspiracy was interrupted by--what else?--a Dark Hunter appearing, and with intention to harm Knichou. Nale reached out with her element of magnetism in an attempt to pull the Matoran out of harm's way. 

Edited by King of Kings
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi was blushing with embarrassment, trying to hide his grappling gun from Knichou’s optics. It was a modified gadget not unlike a Volo Lutu Launcher, though it’s safety was mostly disabled and it seemed to almost rattle with a mesh of batteries and engines that were less organized than the deep levels of the Archives.

As he looked away, he finally caught wind of the conversation. “Nuparu was assassinated? What … you think Dume did it? It … how could he? What project?” Would Turaga Dume actually conspire to have a Matoran killed? Let alone a brilliant inventor and engineer? Kanohi knew the Vahki could be a bit … aggressive, and Metru-Nui was a lot less … free than his old home had been, but he … he thought that was because of the war; the League. But to kill a Matoran, one with such promise and skill, how could Dume do that? He … he was a Turaga. He had once been chosen to become a Toa. 

How much had Kanohi missed in this city? 

Edited by Harvali

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

OOC: mobile post

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru (still a stowaway)

The Dark Hunter pulled out his iStone to inspect the new notification on his screen. If the fact the DH network had been compromised bothered him, it certainly didn't show.

Instead, he smiled, already realising how he could turn this to his advantage. He couldn't take on all of the Toa... but he knew who could.

His miniscule fingers danced across the tiny screen, addressing a new message to the compromised network.

Targets Stannis and Knichou escaped in a damaged airship, last seen retreating into the cloud cover over Onu-Metru. Have stolen items from corpse of previous target Nuparu, and were heard discussing plans to destabilise Turaga Dume. Continue pursuit when targets resurface, or abandon contract?

He didn't care about the answer, if his employers even bothered to risk sending one. He and the others had invested too much effort into this for him to stop now. Besides which, he couldn't exactly leave at the moment anyway.

So he would wait, and hope that the Vahki got the message...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kanohi - the Taku

And that’s when a strange being materialized in the ship. Kanohi startled backwards in sock, but then he seemed to travel farther than he expect. He all but flew backwards, flung away from the stranger. He landed with a light tap behind the feet of Nale, now a bit farther from the Dark Hunter

OOC: added to reflect appearance of Victim

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: The word that escaped Tallea's mouth at that moment was not ladylike. Not in the slightest. She was confident that she could fight off tentacles coming for them from one direction well enough. Or she had been until whatever this thing was had transmuted an entire rahi carcass into more of itself. She didn't the equipment for something like this. Given time and tools she'd be able to figure things out but at the moment she was restricted to punching stuff. Not a good match-up.

Her backing up became something more like a reverse jog and she called out the only other member of the group who had managed to make it down. "RUN."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "If you can make your way through the cave-in, do so. Otherwise, get as far away from that thing as you can and throw me any loose pieces of equipment you can find."

As she spoke Tallea's eyes were frantically darting around for anything she might be able to use. one thing in particular caught her eye. This deep down aesthetics were put to the side in favor of practicality. That meant things like utility lines weren't hidden behind nice looking panels . If something happened to one it would be easier to take care of it if the operation didn't include deconstructing part of the work zone. The particular thing that had caught her attention was the jagged yellow zigzag of a high voltage warning on a set of thick rubber cables running across the ceiling.

Without the time to think up a proper plan she leapt over the next set of tentacles, her jump taking her high enough to grab the cable and pull. It came loose with a snap and a blinding flash. Tallea herself coming back to the ground accompanied by a flurry of sparks. Knowing the moments wasted could mean the difference between life and death, the armored Matoran stabbed the exposed end of the cable into the nearest piece of black chitin.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou was considering Stannis's statement when he felt a force pushing his head towards the consoles in front of him. The force made him lurch forwards in his seat, and because he had his hands on the controls this sudden movement caused the collective to shift forwards, and the entire airship lurched forwards at a near-45 degree angle. The control panel instantly lit up again with countless warnings.

The sudden shifting orientation of the ship unbalanced every passenger, who probably were clinging on to anything stable if they wanted to keep their footing. This caused "Victim" to stumble and lose his grip of Knichou before he could finish slamming him, although the inertia of the push and the ship lurching forwards still caused Knichou's face to hit the console rather painfully. Knichou wasn't sure what was going on but he jerked the stick to the side, the ship now being at a sharp downward pitch and right roll. Knichou was snugly strapped into the command chair, but everyone else would be sliding off to the starboard bow section of whatever compartment they were in or clutching a railing just to stay still.

"You little stone rat! You killed me!"

Knichou had no idea how the dark hunter that he presumed dead got aboard, but he did not take kindly to stowaways. Knichou continued a constant rightward roll, switching off a safety mechanism that allowed him to completely invert the ship's orientation. Within a few seconds, the ship would be upside down, and while uncomfortable for Knichou, at least he would be able to keep the ship afloat from the floor ceiling while the others fought around the unlocked hatch on the curved ceiling floor, out of reach from him.

IC Kanohi - The Taku

Kanohi barely had time to react before the entire vessel lurched about like a bucking Kane-Ra. As the ship rotated and jerked violently, Kanohi smacked hard in the floor. Or was it the ceiling? Groaning, he rubbed his head, before thinking of an idea. With what energy he could muster he fired his grappling gun, grappling to a perch close to the airship’s door. He hung there as the ship twisted and turned, rubbing his head.

No where to run no where to run,” he rubbed his head through his armor of broken Kanohi, “need to fix need to fix…

Mister Ghost,” He called out, “the ship is … it’s a great ship, but would it help you if I tried to mend it with my disks? I only have Regeneration disks of 272 and 271, but I have many, and if-if they mend the hull a little, do you think that could help?” He facepalmed his real mask, the arrogance, acting like he could actually help a Nynrah Ghost.

Edited by Harvali

Oh, Karz--

The airship moved, and the Fa-Toa found herself midair as the floor now became the ceiling. Using her power she reoriented herself and landed on her feet, fighting dizziness as she drew her knife.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skorm (Silver Sea, Ripple)

"... Skorm!"

"... SKORM!"

Something broke the Twi-Toa out of his reverie. He was alone on the deck, watching the two Visorak ships shrinking onto the horizon. He was gripping the rail like he had been hanging on for dear life. Behind him, he finally picked up the screams from inside the ship over the roar of the wind and engines. Skorm turned around and ran back into the ship, where he saw the Visorak that had managed to board.

The toa's eyes flicked rapidly through the interior of the ship. He lingered at the sight of Ostrox writhing on the ground, before switching to the screeching spider-rahi clambering along the bulkheads. He would have to make a choice. He wanted to lunge into battle, punish these creatures for daring to board his ship, harm his people; on the other hand, he had to help Ostrox.

Skorm made up his mind, and activated the Occan.

In one direction, a white-draped toa of light dashed to the acid-splashed warrior. Sko hooked his arms under Ostrox, groaning under the weight. "I got you, hold on." Sko quickly scanned the sides of the ship nearest him, and spotted what he needed: a side door and a cable. He began dragging Ostrox toward the side. "Captain!" he shouted, the toa's voice a clarion call over the chaos of battle. "Take us down, closer to the sea!" As Sko reached the side, he grabbed the cable and started tying a fast loop around Ostrox's shoulder. "I'd rather a toa of water do this, but we all have to improvise sometimes."

On the other side of the ship, Orm activated his wristblades as he ran towards the battle. He set his sights on one visorak closing on a crew member, and focused. The closing space between himself and the attacking visorak darkened, until Orm disappeared entirely. The visorak opened its mandibles to snap off a chunk of the Xian crew member, until Orm materialized out of the shadow next to it, plunging his wristblade into the spot behind the visorak's front leg. He smiled as the rahi screeched in what Orm hoped was pain, and stabbed his other wristblade into the visorak's rhotuka launcher, twisting his hand around to slice inside the wound, in hopes of ruining the launcher beyond any hope of use.

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Tekmo (Entrance to the Great Temple)

Tekmo followed 'Kostero' regardless. "I have a better idea, which is better by virtue of the fact that I thought of it. How about Karista fetches Triki, and I come with you, hmm?" Tekmo was, of course, oblivious to Karista's current reluctance to accompany them.

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Protodermis Canal)

The network was compromised. Of course the network was compromised.

Waveahk tried to see if he could update to the latest version from here. If not, he'd get out and climb a tall building for better reception if necessary.

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (On the lookout)

The presence of Bordakh nearby limited how close Kovac could feasibly get to Vhisola's position. Though he hadn't yet had a bad run in with one of the droids, he didn't particularly want to have to explain himself to one of the squad mothers why he was following a Vahki person of interest.

That being said, the Vo-Toa settled for a spot a few buildings away, squatting low down until he blended in with the rest of the scenery. 

Something felt very eerie about the situation. The Ga-Matoran, though he obviously couldn't make out huge details from the distance he was at, seemed nervous. The fact that the Vahki had been called at all was a very strange thing, they weren't exactly the preventative type as they were 'arrive late and catch whoever's slowest' type. 

She apparently arrived home safe, perhaps wisely phoning a friend to come home with her. Maybe his job was finished. Maybe not. Regardless, he would stay until he knew.

He couldn't see the Ta-Matoran, but he could hazard a guess Okuo was nearby. He'd have some questions if he could catch him. 

Edited by Dane

IC Alpinist | Ko-Metru

The adrenaline junkie had barely said anything the whole time save for his earlier enthusiastic "Yep!" The matoran was experiencing bliss. This was adventure that surged through his bones—and he even got to climb on something tall out of it too! He almost died and he could not have been happier; joining the Cartographer in this puzzle was the best choice he made in a long time, and if it was any indication it was the explorer's goal to do this again, and again.

"Well, I suppose we should find out what's behind this, hey? We've been here long enough," the Cartographer said, having climbed up to join the Alpinist on the plinth-turned-columnar pedestal and positioned himself to open the now fully unveiled hovering door.

The Alpinist only nodded, but he was grinning like a drunken fool high on life's joys. His anticipation for what lay beyond the mysterious door—another challenge, a new obstacle, potential certain death?—was almost chomping at the bit as it soundlessly opened. 

OOC: Stannis post is pending until I'm absolutely sure what's going on in the airship. :???:

IC Kilo-M9 - Onu-metru Archives, sublevel 12:

Securing allies for transport. Moving to lower sublevel to rendezvous with additional allies.

Wrapping its tail around Atamai to secure the matoran to its back and gripping Vashni tight in its arms, the metal guardian leapt off the edge of the pit. A year of experience guided its movements as it jumped from wall to lower wall, transferring from climbing to letting gravity pull it down along the earthy surface in a perfect recitation of prepared movements. The trip was brief, but despite the overall speed the robot and its charges arrived at sublevel 12 completely intact.

Analyzing surroundings. Exo-suit matoran and ba-matoran are present.

Registering citizen Ba-matoran as “ally”.

Registering citizen exo-suit matoran as “ally”.

Unknown entity detected. Observing hostile intent. Cross-referencing with archives exhibit records...

No match detected. No data on target in memory banks.

New sub-objectives: assist allies against new threat. Obtain additional data on target.

Entering combat mode. Testing limits on target.

While Atami climbed off its back, the scorpion-like machine carefully placed Vashni back on her feet next to Jutori. She could lean on him if she was still worn out from the energy drain. The protective automaton turned to its new-found allies and announced “This unit will help,” before marching towards the battle that Tallea was engaged with, red eyes aglow. Taking care not to hit its new companion, the machine fired two energy bubble bolts at the black mass in order to gauge its reactions.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru, Fission Mailed

Still invisible as the wind, Okuo silently hovered up to the upper story, having noticed Vhisola's trepidation upon approaching her door, and her calling a friend over to enter with her. He looked inside each of the windows, trying to make sure there was no lurking assailant waiting to attack. Though the message earlier had been an immense relief, one could never be too careful. Someone might have missed the message, in which case Vhisola might yet be in danger.

Once he confirmed there was no danger present in Vhisola's house, he would be off, leaving the Vahki, if they were staying, to keep watch of the intrepid blogger. If there was a danger, on the other hand...

Music

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ko-Metru

The door opened with the unity of the matoran pushing against its cold surface. Instead of opening inward, the door melted from the top to the bottom like hot water poured over a sheet of ice until only the frosted door frame remained. Beyond was a burst of bright light, blinding in its glare, and the wind of some far off place played with the Alpinist’s ropes and gear. The faintest smell of sulfur and brimstone reached them, as if a dream. The Cartographer’s eyes slowly adjusted to view what lay beyond.

The softest drifting snowflakes fell on their masks, beckoning to enter through the portal. Pearly untouched snow met the lip of the door frame on the opposite side of the adventurers. Framed like a painting through the open door rose a mountain peak only a few yards away and an expansive island landscape far below. At the very peak fluttered a solitary red banner on a stick, and beneath it on a snow-covered dais was a disc with three towers printed on its surface.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester: Congrats!

Happy chat.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

As the group assembled on level twelve, the swirling dark black goo assaulted them all at once. They fought and struggled with their new krahli companion against the darkness. Some tried to run but remembered the wall of stone blocking their path. The archivist and the Krahli began to notice a pattern in how the darkness fought the party: it lashed out in tendrils or claws or barbs, then spasmed and turned into a liquid mass, then reformed into a random shape. At one point they fought against a bloated spiny stone ape. Then they fought an amalgam of tiny ussal crabs with flamethrowers.

Tallea's attack with the electrical cord kept whatever monstrous creature they faced at bay. The black goo would form and rush, then immediately stop, squirm, and reform while backing away as the arcing electricity from the cord shocked it. Jutori tried to help, but got distracted when the Krahli arrived.

Struggling for consciousness after being drained by the krahli, Vashni heard in her exhausted mind something screaming, crying in pain as it formed and split and reformed again coming from down the hallway. A matoran cried in her mind with every jab of the cord in Tallea's armored hand.

IC: Reliable Narrator | South of Destral | The Ripple

The assembled warriors fought desperately against the visorak boarding The Ripple. The success in killing the first in the cargo hold bolstered their resolve to hunt down the remaining menace. Some were impaled by claws and swords, others kicked ferociously off the stern. After a few minutes, but what felt like hours, the crew on The Ripple gave a rousing cheer -- they had repelled the visorak! The Ripple floated barely above the rippling waves, maintaining its levitation despite the serious damage to the hull.

Mazor watched down the sights of his disc launcher as the entwined airships of the visorak floated further away, decidedly having enough of the conflict. They never intended on committing to a fight to the death, and chose to cut their losses now rather than incur further casualties. 

OOC: Congratulations! You successfully worked together and drove off the visorak pirates. The way is clear to continue sailing. Feel free to RP fighting the visorak and wrapping up the conflict before moving on.

Updated Onu- to reflect Tallea's attack and Jutori's location!

Happy chat.

IC: Mazor-The Ripple

Certain that the attacking ships had left, Mazor flung a few regeneration disks as he hung off of the side of the ship, attempting to repair the damage the acid was doing.

IC: Informant-Ga-Metru

(Duplicate)

Informant was in one of the back rooms when Visohla walked in, He perked up as he heard the door open. His first thought was to avoid capture, he normally left the killing to the other hunters He opened a window, planning on jumping out, but stopped himself. Surely if something went wrong he could handle  a lone matoran.  He hid in the corner of the room behind a door, plainning on listening in.

(Real)

An aleart sounded on the notification board of the Ga-Metru Safe house. The Informant looked up from his notes, which were strewn all over his desk. He mumbled a few swear words as he walked across the room, picked up a large leather backpack, and headed back to his desk. He began to stuff his notes into the backpack as fast as he could.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, The Ripple

Finesse, again, was never Varxii's tactic. Her companions might go into the fight with precision and strategy; but herself? She simply waded in, fists crackling with electricity which she flung at any Visorak unlucky enough to enter her vicinity. What she lacked in tact, she made up for in pure blunt force; as two of the spider-creatures moved to take her on at once, her palms spat a continuous stream of lightning at first one, then the other. The first Visorak collapsed to the deck, twitching and writhing, as Varxii poured more and more power into it; the second, trying to get the jump on her from behind while she was distracted, found to its peril that she was more alert to its approach than she appeared.

Two down... and it looked like her companions had a handle on the rest. Trusting that to be the case, Varxii roughly shoved her two still-twitching opponents across the deck and off the airship's edge, not staying to watch them plunge into the ocean below. That done, she dusted off her hands and glanced around to see who else needed help.

Apparently no-one.

The cheer going around lifted Varxii's spirits, though she didn't join in with it herself. An acid spinner fired by one of her opponents - at what point in the battle, she didn't remember - had scored a glancing blow across her shoulder, leaving a nasty gash in the organic tissue just below her armour. It wasn't enough to deny her use of the limb, but it was certainly going to need treating at some point; and the wound burned like anything, too. It left her in not quite a celebrating mood.

Not for the first time, Varxii wished her mask's power mended flesh as well as it did non-organic matter.

Speaking of non-organic matter... without a further word to her comrades, responding rather with the occasional thumbs-up if it was called for, Varxii crossed over to one of the most damaged areas of the ship. Without ceremony, the Vo-Toa crouched down, placing her hands on the torn and corroded metal, letting the power of her mask flow through them.

She could deal out destruction with the best of them, sure; but she was also capable of repairing, too.

Slowly, this particular damaged portion of the hull began to grow back, spreading out from the torn edges, knitting itself back together. Varxii watched it for a moment, then closed her eyes to better concentrate; becoming, for the moment, little more than a conduit for the regenerating power of her mask.

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

The warmth of Ta-Metru should've been welcoming to me, but I never came here for sentimental reasons. This really hadn't ever been my home, after all.

Suspicious people doing suspicious things, that was my reason for being here. There'd been a rise in them ever since Dume's announcement--batty old brakas--and now it seemed like people were constantly getting into places they shouldn't be in a vain search for these objects of power. What a waste of time, I thought. We didn't even know if the Disks were really out there, and yet people were crawling over each other, desperate for Toa power--or whatever they'd get in return for the hunt.

Right now, I was following one of these suspicious people. Snooping around forges, ignoring the obvious hazards. I'd expected a Matoran, but this one...was a Vortixx. I had kept quiet for the entire duration of me shadowing them, until I saw a chance to finally ask a question. I swooped down behind them as they entered another forge, quietly pacing my steps with theirs, until I broke the silence.

"Looking for something?"

OOC: @Darth Jaller

Edited by King of Kings

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)