Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

OOC: ok, NOW i can reply. was busy for most of today. this should be everything at the moment

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

Perhaps this Vortixx was confused, actually.

"The root of fire...? Would you mean the Great Furnace?" I asked, trying to mask my suspicion as I stepped forward, although I confess a raised eyebrow betrayed that. "What are you here for?"

"I think I might be able to help."

I whipped around, hand already reaching for my blade. I paused when I saw it was merely a Matoran.

"Another stranger," I said, "interesting." I had only bargained on investigating this woman, and now it seemed a complication had been added.

@Darth Jaller@Biological Chronicler

IC: Jutori - Archives

I was hiding under some debris until all this blew over.

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"I think it'd be too dangerous to attempt repairs on the hull until we land," she said. A wave of her hand and the tools clattered to the floor. Nale stared at the damage for a moment, and sighed. "Karz of a hole, huh? Knichou should take better care of his toys, heh."

Edited by King of Kings
you can tell how scatterbrained i was when i wrote this, forgot barak is disguised. fixed

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Barak - Ta Metru Furnaces

Barak met the Swordsman's gaze, carefully sizing him up. Had the fire-toa seen through his disguise? He hoped not. This stranger seemed like a formidable foe, and Barak was not cut out for fighting. Channeling his psionic energies, he reinforced his Ta-Matoran disguise. He was certain that no organic being without the right powers or equipment would be able to see anything but a Ta-Matoran.

"I used to work around these foundries." he explained matter of factly. "About fifty years ago I transferred to the newer facility over in the East District. I got some time off after my Naming Day Celebration, and I decided to come back here to visit an old friend. Things might have changed since I was here last, but I used to know this place like the back of my own hand." He held up his hand for reference, telepathically suggesting the image of scars and callouses from a centuries-long career as a furnace repairman. "I'm sure I'd still be able to find the Great Furnace for you, if that's what you're looking for."

He did indeed know his way around the furnaces. He had learned a lot from speaking with the Ta-Matoran who lived and worked among them. He had learned even more by gently probing their minds while they slept, teasing out all the precious secrets and pathways they had thought so well hidden. One of the few things he had not been able to discern was the precise location of Ta Metru's great disk. It was privileged information, or so the Matoran had said on the few occasions he spoke with them about it. He had also heard that this disk could only be found through a great trial of strength and courage, and at risk risk to one's one being. Barak, however, had neither strength nor courage, and was far too protective of his fragile health to risk such a great endeavor. Now however,, things were different. He had the toa and the vortixx to take the risks for him. He would offer him his assistance, feeding them with just the right information at just the right times, and they would take him straight to the disk.

"My name is Gessai, by the way."

• Like 1

OOC: I think I got everyone in this?

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Sea | Beach Conflict

The violence on the beach reached the crest of its crescendo. Everyone fighting on the beach could feel the struggles of their actions versus their society’s moral codes inside their heartlights. War demanded they wear new masks: masks of the soldier, dark and violent. Atrocities of war could only be waved away so much by the label of being a crusade for matoran society.

Orieus encountered the feeling of someone waving to the person behind him as he pulled off his elemental stunt. By moving out of the way, he got a view of an allied toa desperately struggling against a vortixx in a sandpit before the blinding light of the Hagah cannon made him blink and look away. When his eyes opened and he looked back the sandpit was gone and replaced with a crater of glass and rock. The toa and the vortixx were gone, blown away by the immensity of the cannon’s raw destructive power. By moving, Orieus sacrificed a comrade for personal safety.

The legged tank stomped across the beach, the vibrations of its feet impacting the earth setting off mines prematurely beneath the attacking forces. The small explosions seemed like mosquito bites against the tank’s reinforced armor plating.

The two cargo airships from Metru-Nui waiting to land showed damage from Hagah cannons. A choice had to be made: commit to landing the tanks despite not securing the beachhead, or retreat the cargo airships. A small support boat floated in the nearby sea, deployed with the use of kanoka discs from one of the cargo aircraft. The medics and surgeons aboard this craft came from the same island Orieus and Iona spent yesterday afternoon liberating from League forces. They’d seen their share of conflict, and could do nothing but wait for their moment to steal food off the table of War.

Lord Kareh and his flying force could see the field of battle in full detail as they swooped towards glory and bloodshed. The main group of attackers committed themselves to rushing and scaling the bluffs along the rocky shoreline. The bluff, defended as it initially was, now faced the assembled vahki contingent and a Rose with her riot shield and flamethrower. Iona knew she had her hands full with repairs once they took the beach.

Happy chat.

IC: Oreius | Beach Assault

The cannon fired. To his relief, Oreius found himself still intact. He fell through the air, his descent softened by the jets of fire that intermittently pulsed from his palms, and landed next to Rose. He drew his remaining sword and looked for something to fight. Right now, the cannon was looking like their primary target.

IC: Vyarik - The Taku

As Nale and Kanohi set about making their repairs, a spindly figure little larger than a Matoran's hand clung to the ship's from framework, positioning the strut between himself and the crew members to conceal himself from sight... for now. 

Clearly, sabotaging the engines wasn't an option at the moment. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: TrikiGa-Metru

Triki had already proceeded quite far down the left tunnel, so that if Tekmo or Karista reached the split, they would only see the faintest light of his lightstone.  He was fumbling around in the dark, as if looking for secret passages or hidden chambers.  But mostly he just found extensions of the drainage pipe, including a section that dipped down rather drastically...

:music: 

IC Alpinist | Ko-Metru

The Alpinist's mind went blank for a moment once they took the Great Kanoka. Obtaining the legendary artefact was a massive achievement, not one he had expected to have happen as he followed another Ko-Matoran into the hideaway, and especially not when he went out that morning to summit the forgotten tower. Yet there he was, looking at—holding—an item that was supposedly little more than lore and the object of a quest by Turaga Dume. Somehow, his brain could not brush away the daze that having the awesome disk gave and he was only scarcely aware that he was holding it in his hand. It seemed like it should have been so far away, but there it was. There. In his hand. 

It was a lot to take in, and... exhilarating beyond compare. As he stood on the plinth thirty feet off the floor of the ice cave with the Cartographer he felt invincible, like he could do anything, go anywhere, conquer everything, and no challenge was too much, no riddle too hard, no chasm too deep for him to overcome. The Cartographer's stammering, equally-awestruck voice sliced the void in his mind that had until then, been occupied solely in a serene bliss orchestrated but the soft billowing winds on the far side of the portal door.

"I can't believe it, honestly. All my life I've spent exploring the deepest, darkest depths of Metru Nui, all to preserve it's history. Even after the quest for the Disks was presented, I never saw this moment coming." He smiled.

The Alpinist's attention finally wafted back to things other than the great disk, and he looked around briefly to recenter himself. Instantly, he felt his own folly. He was not invincible, he was not capable of impossible things, he was not a master of riddles—they did that together. The matoran corpse down below was proof that this was not a one-person task and the Alpinist was keenly aware that had he not followed the Cartographer in the first place neither of them, least of all ignorant he, would have gotten the prize. But that realization came sweeter than the first, and was more readily acceptable, such that the Alpinist's decision was made up almost immediately: He wanted to be challenged, but not by himself anymore, to feel the surge of adrenaline, but not rely on his own tools alone anymore. And if that meant helping his city in the process, then all the better. By the time his new friend spoke up again he nearly couldn't contain his vigor. 

"You know, I hadn't really planned for this scenario, actually acquiring the disk. And I couldn't have done it myself," [the Cartographer] paused, as though to vet his next sentence before speaking it. "I think as a team, you and I could do far more for Metru Nui than I alone. So what say you, will you join me on whatever adventure comes with being the possessor of a Great Disk?"

"Yes," the Alpinist said almost immediately. He passed the disc back to him gently and knelt down to slip the rope he'd secured on the plinth around his waist, preparing to belay down the plinth. "Absolutely. And I want to do it again—I want us both to have great discs—because we're a team now, and through Unity we can do anything," he said before sliding down the rope to the floor. 

"One question for you before we go to try our hands at another one, though," the Cartographer said with a smart grin as he prepared to follow after. 

"What's that?"

"Le-Metru, or Po-?"

"Oh, that's an easy one for me, Mapmaker," the Alpinist said from below and shrugged. "I'm a climber. Le-."

OOC: And now let's try our hand at a new puzzle! Stannis post coming tomorrow—I only had enough spoons for one characters post today. 

IC: Kareh - Silver Beach Assault

Kareh landed on the beach, followed by his six lieutenants. He drew his sword and dagger, advancing towards the shoreline. A vahki slashed and him with his combat staff, but he parried, splitting slashing upwards with his knife. Severed wires and industrial fluid seeped out of its open chest cavity. He casually tossed it to the side for his body guards to deal with.

Their would be bigger fish to fry.

IC: Pardhei - Silver Beach Assault

Suddenly, there was a flash of light. The next thing he new, the boat was sinking, liquid protodermis filling its shallow hull. There was no nowhere to go but to the beach. Pardehi, along with the other medics, leaped over the side of the boat and began swimming towards the shoreline. He had swim long distances before, in the shallow rivers near Bo-Koro and in the canals of Ga-Metru. As long as nothing happened to him on his way, he was sure he could make it. What happened when he got there was another story.

OOC: I have work today, so I might not be able to do much.

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi’s fingers danced in the air, he … he really wanted to fix that gash. It was manageable, something he could actual do, and that was … less daunting than repairing the levitation engines. Something he could easily screw up. 

But Toa Nale said to wait, and she was a Toa. He would … he should listen to her. So with a skittish nod he kneeled, first looking at the engines, then back to the diagrams, then back to the engines. 

I think the right one might be the most damaged,” he managed, “I think a chunk of the hull got wedged in its regular, and caught fire. The fire has gone out, but I think the wiring might be um, well fried, and it’s leaking energy from the field. I do not know if I can fix that. But maybe the left one, I think we can work on that.

He scooted over to the left one and managed, “at least these engines are already broken, I can’t mess them up too much worse.” He laughed nervously at that, before prying off a panel on the central box. Now accessing the controls, he began to try to disconnect the engine from the wider airship. From the looks of the machine the safety had already engaged when the cylinders ruptured, power had stopped flowing to it to prevent disk power from leaking out. He then glanced over to the right engine, it was not as lucky. Tools on the ground nearby it seemed to slid around much more, like they were all but weightless. And with the air rippling around it, it seemed that Levitation power was leaking out.

Karzahni, it just hit him that the right engine might be dangerous. He flapped his arms anxiously before squeaking out, “Toa Nale, do you think you can … for the time being, try to hold the right engine steady, magnetize it’s parts in place; in case it explodes?” He … he really didn’t want to work on it, and was hoping to stall for time before he had to. 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Skorm (Silver Sea, Ripple)

Sko winced as acid burned his hands as he hauled Ostrox to the door of the ship. "This won't be pleasant, but it's all we got." With one last check to make sure the cable was securely tied to the ship, Sko threw open the door and jumped off into the Silver Sea, holding onto Ostrox. Sko did his best to hold himself straight as he plunged into the liquid protodermis; it was bitterly cold, but hopefully it would neutralize, or at least wash off, the acid on his fellow Leaguer.

On the Ripple, Orm cleaned his wristblades of viscera, examining his handiwork. He lost his smile when he glanced around the ship and saw his other half nowhere. Muttering a string of curses under his breath, Orm retracted his blades and began walking towards the helm. "Did anyone see where the idiot went with Ostrox?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Mazor-The Ripple

Mazor Climbed back up the side of the balcony and picked up his Launcher, Almost Everyone Seemed to be relaxing, now that the apparent danger was over. "Is everyone alright?" He called out, "Anything else I can do to help?"

IC: Informant (duplicate)-Ga-Metru

The Informant slowly stood up with his palms out in a submissive gesture, which contrasted with his scar covered body. "'No need to be alarmed," He said cooly, "I'm looking for the matoran known as Vhisola."

IC: Jephro-Beach Assault

Jephro was wandering in a daze, Blasts and explosions of all kinds flew around him. He was mostly unconcerned with fighting back, just staying alive. Suddenly a Vortix slahshed at him from behind, Jephro barely dodged out of the way, He spun and drew one of his swords. The Vortix lunged, and Jephro managed to block the attack, but was knocked to the ground. The Vortix lunged again. Jephro curled up defensively, and managed to stop the Vortix with his feet. Thinking quickly, Jephro cut off his opponent's gravity and kicked, sending the Vortix floating into the sky. He quickly stood up again and scanned for anyone he could help, or rather anyone that could help him.

OOC: Jephro open for interaction, I'm getting really confused with this beach assault. 

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

"Yeah I know why you're here, and no, I'm not letting you get away with it!" Okuo kept his launcher aimed squarely at the Dark Hunter's center of mass. There was an intense look to his eyes, and it was clear that if Informant tried anything, he wouldn't hesitate to let loose the kanoka.

IC: Onu-Metru | Archives Level 12

Tallea’s use of the Disc of Freezing from Ta-Metru seemed to do the trick: the bits of whatever amalgamation assaulted them froze and then were rejected by the main host, leaving bits of black ice about the floor and walls of the hallway until Vashni’s use of the mask of mutation changed everything.

The shape of a matoran appeared before the party. It shifted, twisted, and sprouted multiple heads before they returned into one -- like an image going in and out of focus. The kanohi on the matoran’s face kept spasming and changing, and the matoran seized on the floor, it’s body unused to permanent form. Stuck in its hands was a round disc: 6-1-9. 

Don’t touch us! Vashni heard in her mind.

OOC: Welcome to the final puzzle, Onu-Metru Hunters.

IC: Reliable Narrator South Of Destral | The Ripple

After the battle with the visorak, the group of warriors assisted in repairing The Ripple until she was almost as good as new. The Captain kept flying as quick as the ship could manage, save for a moment to pause while Sko took Ostrox for a swim to remove the acid. Visorak corpses were kicked overboard, splashing into the ocean like cannonballs.

Before long, their next adventure revealed itself in the night air: a storm. Dark clouds covered a patch of ocean, lightning strikes filling the night sky with bright flashes of light. The coordinates for the lost nynrah ship were in the heart of the storm, the captain said, but he didn’t know if The Ripple could fly through such a nasty piece of weather in one piece.

IC: Turaga Lhikan | Coliseum

A mango-less meal passed before Turaga Lhikan spoke to Thom again. The Turaga sat on his cell’s bed and ran his fingers over the edges of his knee armor while he talked. 

“Did you get a chance to see what Nuparu was working on before you killed him?”

IC: Turaga Dume | Screens in Metru-Nui and aboard airships in the Silver Sea

Since his last appearance one day passed. One violent day full of adventure and tragedy. The great Turaga of Metru-Nui’s kanohi did little to hide his grieved expression while addressing his people via the screens present in almost every home. The robes he wore were muted reds and softer blacks, a sign of mourning compared to the brighter and more powerful colors of yesterday’s announcement.

“Metru-Nui: I come to you today to speak of the tragedies of yesterday. In the wake of conflict abroad, foreign insurgents have committed themselves to disrupting our lives with acts of terror and hate. In Onu-Metru, our city’s dear friend Nuparu was violently assaulted. Despite vahki arriving on scene quickly, they were unable to save our friend and their creator.” He cleared his throat before continuing. 

“Assassinations like these stand against everything we have built as a society in Metru-Nui: a safe, peaceful, and organized society. We all have our functions for the betterment of our people and our culture. The death of one is the death of all in my heart. However, I stand before you today in mourning to say we cannot give up on our ways of life. We must double our efforts, we must support our warriors and heroes in the Silver Sea fighting for our liberties and our safety. We must increase our vigilance at home while they are away. If we all perform our duties of work, our society cannot fail. This goes for our vahki enforcers as well, who will in wake of these attacks begin increased unit production and dispatch throughout all metrus. On the same day, a terrorist we believe is associated with the League of Six Kingdoms sabotaged a chute station in Le-Metru. While it brings the transport of goods from Le-Metru to a halt for the next few days beyond what our airships can deliver, our finest engineers are already at work with repairs. 

“Now more than ever we need our brave people to rise up and become the heroes of their homeland. Those searching for the Great Discs, I hope only for your swift success. By proving yourselves in these tests of bravery, I will be satisfied in knowing you have Metru-Nui always in your heartlights. We when you have the discs, bring them to the coliseum. Your city depends on you to unite and find your entwined destiny.”

Viewers watched as Turaga Dume paused his speech when a matoran’s hand appeared with a small tablet. He took it, chuckling as the matoran’s hand disappeared again from view. “Well, now that’s a determined matoran.”

The entire city waited with baited breath as Turaga Dume read whatever was on the tablet. Then, with a soft smile of victory, Turaga Dume continued;

"In light of recent events, we have come to an advantageous alliance with the rogue faction known as the Dark Hunters. While they have up until this point suggested a stance of neutrality in the conflict, the mercenary organization has pledged a mutual desire to maintain the city of Metru-Nui's safety. In a display of trust they have accepted the task of searching for the suspect in last night's terrorist attack on a Le-Metru chute station.  The primary suspect is tall, with red and green armor, wearing a kanohi faxon. He was last seen in Le-Metru. My dear citizens, if you see this suspect, please do not approach and seek immediate assistance of the vahki.”

Turaga Dume gestured towards a unit of vahki standing out of focus in the frame. They were resolute, heavily armored, and specially designed units for the protection of the coliseum. Rumors spread since Nuparu’s latest update to the vahki were released as to the powers of their staves, but none confirmed the effect. 

“Thank you for your time, Metru-Nui. Remember, walk in the light, perform your duties. Our city is destined for greatness. We will triumph and rise above even the darkest hours.”

The program ended, screens returned to normal, and the world could never be the same.

• Like 6

Happy chat.

IC: Thom - Prison (Discussing Nuparu's unfortunate accident)

The Skakdi wiped his face with the back of his hand after the meal, still irritated at the Turaga's clearly shattered mental state. 

"Nah clue. He 'ad a buddy with 'im, though. Lookin' at something together. Buddy ran off with somethin' on Nuparu's corpse, so ah reckon it were somethin' important." He finally said, resting his head against the back of his bed.

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (Stopping a standoff)

Pain shot through his shoulder as the Toa forced his way through Vhisola's door with a CRASH!

He soldiered through, grasping the side of his arm as he looked for the source of the loud conversation that was currently happening in Vhisola's home. 

"...and no, I'm not letting you get away with it!"

Kovac instantly recognised the voice as the Ta-Matoran from before, and the vigilante barrelled his way towards wherever the conversation was occurring, intense white eyes narrowing.

IC, Atamai: Onu-Metru

The black mass began shifting and changing right before our eyes. I mean, in a different way than before. The goo slowly began to solidify into a specific shape- that of a Matoran.

The Matoran was laying on the floor, probably in pain or shock from the transformation. In its hands was a Kanoka disk with the code 6-1-9.

The Great Disk of Onu-Metru.

We had finally found it! I was witnessing history in the making here!

However, we weren't out of the woods yet. We still needed to get the disk from the Matoran.

I was reluctant to use the freezing disk that Tallea had tossed me- if I did, the Great Disk might get frozen along with the Matoran. "Vashni, do you think you could use your powers to either make him drop the disk or at least calm him down so we can get it from him?"

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives -

Vashni sighed in relief when she was successful in putting the Matoran back in it's proper form...assuming of course that it really was a Matoran in the first place, but she'd worry about details like that later. She nodded at Atamai and got to work at calming the Matoran down. 

.:It's okay, you're safe. Calm down:. Vashni projected the feeling of calmness into the Matoran, manipulating and changing someone else's emotions wasn't something she felt super comfortable doing most of the time, but in this case it was quite necessary. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Nuparu, Chief Inventor, creator of the Vahki assassinated.

A terrorist attack at a Le-Metru chute station.

The city of Metru-Nui, aligning itself with the Dark Hunters.

Tekmo felt a rush of conviction. Triki was but one Matoran - the city needed him, and it needed him now.

He turned and spoke to Karista. "There is no time to be lost. The secrets of the Great Disks may be inside the Great Temple. If not... then, I still need to apologize for the gate. Are you still with us?"

IC: Waveahk (Ga-Metru, Protodermis Canals)

Waveahk had not heard this news, as he was currently underwater, away from all the big screens that seemed to be everywhere in this wretched city.

Ga-Metru had far more Canals than Onu or Po-Metru, no doubt to its more aquatically-inclined inhabitants. Not that a Matoran could best Waveahk in the water.

He swam through the Metru, searching for anything remotely inconspicuous, bobbing his head up for a clearer view when he was certain no-one was looking. Perhaps he could abduct a local and extract Vhisola's location before drowning them.

But it was only a matter of time.

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, The Ripple)

"So... I don't believe I got the chance to thank you, for what you did." Ostrox said to Skorm. "So... thank you. Just wanted to get that out of way before we-" Ostrox began snickering at his own joke. "-we go into the eye of the storm."

OOC: quick mobile post 

She nodded and did as the Matoran asked, using her element to hold everything in place. "Do your thing."

I crawled out from the debris, taking in the sight before me. A Matoran all along? This was getting stranger, and I could only imagine what would have happened to this fellow for them to end up like this. 

But beside that, and more importantly perhaps, was that the Disk we had been searching for was finally in our reach!

As I watched Atamai and Vashni, a feeling of greed arose that I quickly stamped out.

Edited by King of Kings

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: mobile post

With the Toa somewhat distracted exerting their element, Vyarik made his move. He grew to a more Matoran-esque size and dropped down in front of Kanohi - positioning the Matoran between himself and the Toa.

"You're in terrible danger," he declared, his voice taking on a pleading tone, "These Toa cannot be trusted."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: quick mobile post

IC Kanohi - The Taku

Kanohi signed in relief, before standing up and walking over to the damaged cylinders. Metru-Nui’s script was rounder than his native language, but he could tell the damaged cylinders were from both types.

He went down to his knees and began to working on the broken leviation cylinder, glancing at the diagram for reference. With a hiss he popped open the compartment, and began to replace the damaged disks. As they slotted in he sealed it back up, looking at the gash in the side. Nale could help mend the rupture, but she was already doing so much. He could at least do this much.

Leaning over he grabbed some tools and began to weld the cylinder shut, using some spare scrapmetal to patch up the damage.

edit: Kanohi startled, yelping as someone appeared out of nowhere and startled him. Everything he was carrying flew out from his hands, including his welding torch… 

Edited by Harvali

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

2 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Mazor-The Ripple

Mazor Climbed back up the side of the balcony and picked up his Launcher, Almost Everyone Seemed to be relaxing, now that the apparent danger was over. "Is everyone alright?" He called out, "Anything else I can do to help?"

IC:

It would be a great story one day, she hoped -- the story of when Irna, sixth-born of Perror of the Northern Continent, faced down beasts of fangs and four legs aboard a ship in the sky and lived to sing a song of victory. Perhaps that would be the story which finally won her people the respect of the Matoran of her homeland. Surely, it would. Surely. Surely.

"Mazor," Irna said, scratched and stained with blood as she walked over to the rest of the Leaguers. "What were those things?"

-Void

Edited by Conway

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kareh - Silver Beach Assault

Kareh spotted something that interested him. It was a lone Toa of Gravity, with purple armor and an odd looking Kanohi. A rookie, by the looks of it. He raised his zamor launcher, preparing to disintegrate him from a distance as he had the other toa. Then, he though the better of it. A one-on-one fight would be much more fun. "Surround him." he said to his guards. He activated his mask of flight, preparing to land himself directly behind the toa.

OOC: Preparing to attack Jephro. I plan to retire this character soon, so be as hard on him as you want.  @Smudge8

IC: Tugarak - The Bridge of the Ripple

Tugarak stared out the glass windows of the bridge with his one good eye, watching the lightning flash before him. His features were serene, and betrayed few of his inner thoughts. 

"Keep us steady, pilot." He said to the vortixx flying the ship. "I don't want any surprises."

Edited by Biological Chronicler

IC: Rose - Beach Assault 

The angry Toa of Fire was currently climbing the bluff as things got worse on the beach behind her. Rose's focus, however, was entirely on reaching the defenses above her and tearing the enemy apart limb by limb.

She reached the top of the ridge and clambered over, quickly grabbing a lone black-armored (and extremely unlucky) Skakdi and flinging him over the edge, the fellow screaming and praying to whatever god or gods Skakdi had as he fell. She turned to the soldiers before her and grinned.

"You Karzahni-spawn better be ready to meet your maker."

With that, she activated her suit's flamethrower and moved it across the immediate area in a sweeping motion.

She heard another voice behind her that wasn't Kanohi's. She looked over her shoulder and immediately let go the parts of the engine she'd been keeping in place with magnetism.

"You again...?!"

She whipped around and, almost instinctively, reached for her rifle and grasped air. Her eyes widened when she realized she'd left her coilgun in the cargo bay, and with the movement of the ship it could've been anywhere now. She opted to grab her knife instead and held her hand out in front of her.

"How'd you get...nevermind, doesn't matter. Step away from the Matoran, Hunter. Your trick won't work with me around."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: mobile

The Dark Hunter staggered back a few steps as equipment - including the Matoran's welding torch clattered around him.

"There's no trick here, Toa," he gingerly picked up the welder, switched it off, and held it out to offer back to its owner, "I'm simply trying to save this Matoran from the danger you have unwittingly put him in."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru | Archives Level 12

As Vashni tried to project a sense of calm into the mind of whatever they were up against, she found her psionic element unable to make a secure purchase. Something about the gooey matoran simile had already changed enough to break the psionic connection. Even with the powers of Vashni’s mask of mutation, the matoran shape while permanently enforced continued to break, half duplicate, then reform. It was like watching something hatch from an egg, crawl out, and consume itself with every twitch and guttural sucking of air through its lungs.

Then it spoke. It’s voice combined the sounds of rahi wailing in pain, the sounds of meat crushing under metal, its own throat morphing as it tried to communicate:

“We cannot let go. We are unstoppable. We require a home.”

Vashni probably wished the thing stuck with talking in her mind. For everyone, hearing it speak at last raised only more questions: what couldn’t let go? What was unstoppable? What was the home they required? They were missing something about this situation. The great disc of Onu-Metru came to them from wherever it previously rested.

IC: Turaga Lhikan | Coliseum Prisons

"A friend? That's unfortunate. If you're right then the device could still be finished." His shoulders slumped, finally showing a sense of misery about his situation. "Maybe what I did was for nothing in the end. Destiny has its way of putting us where we belong."

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

Ewww

Also, a home? What does he...? Oh wait...

An idea popped into my head. “I’ve got a plan! Tallea, Kralhi, you two grab an empty stasis tube an open it up. Vashni, use your powers to move this guy into the tube, and then when he’s in the tube, we close it up and you can slide the disk out of his hands. Jutori, you can... stay there and cheer everyone on.”

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi was a bit overwhelmed to be honest, and was trying to massage his head with drumming fingers. Toa were good, the word “Toa” literally meant hero, they protected Matoran, they were chosen by Mata-Nui. Matoran could be fallible, they were only villagers. That’s how simple it was on Okoto. But things were more complicated on Metru-Nui, Toa Lhikan had been arrested by a Turaga Dume. Turaga Dume had once been a Toa, but his destiny had to have been fulfilled for him to now be Turaga, so he might be fallible now? But Turaga were meant to be wise elders. And Kanohi was … he actually was in danger.

His heartlight was dilating rapidly as he almost unconsciously took the welder in his hands. These Toa, they were positioning themselves against TuragaDume. Which meant Kanohi was position against Turaga Dume, which meant the city was against him. Which meant Turaga Dume would forbid Ga-Metru students from giving him the low level disks they forged. Which meant he couldn’t repair buildings and Rescue Matoran. Which meant he couldn’t help. And he had to help he had to help he had to help.

But if Turaga Dume had killed a Matoran, then he had to be stopped, and this group resisting him were right. They were Toa. But no one Here seemed to know exactly what was happening yet, it might be nothing. And if Turaga Dume was responsible for a Matoran’s death, then … he might have Kanohi killed to. Or at least locked up, cut off from people, unable to help anyone. And if he couldn’t help, he was worthless. 

The mere Fe-Matoran wanted to run, he wanted to flee as fast as he could. He could feel his servos and pistons pumping in his chest, suddenly he was all too aware of his body’s components. He could feel fluid slosh in his chest, he could see the smudges on his optics. Everything was just to much. He wasn’t smart like a Turaga or a Nynrah Ghost—

Knichou. He was a Nynrah Ghost. That was … grounding in its raw incredibility. Knichou was a Matoran, a brilliant Matoran, one of the best of the best Fe-Matoran. An actual Matoran hero. And didn’t Toa Stannis say that he was the last of the Nynrah Ghost? He was … he mattered. And Knichou  told him to do this task, trusted him. He … Knichou had trusted him more than he deserved. He couldn’t let him down. 

Admittedly Kanohi knew nothing about Knichou, except that he owned an airship and had planned to work with Nuparu. But he … He was a Nynrah Ghost, and he was working with Toa. Their path was the right path. It had to be, or everything he knew was wrong.

Everything used to be so much simpler. 

But if Kanohi joined this group, he would be more than an outcast, worse than a pariah. He would be hunted by Vahki and other Toa, no place would be safe. He … there were no other islands to run to, no other lands to escape to. All that existed was either Metru-Nui or the League. There was no place to go, nowhere safe. Nowhere to run.

His heartlight was all but hissing as he paced around and moaned. He really wanted to run. Just run away. Just go, leave this situation and never look back. Just get away. There was nowhere to run but he needed to. He was just a Matoran. He was only there to support the Toa, he couldn’t do … do anything.

Support the Toa.

Kanohi struggled to breathe, like a Takea stranded on a plain in Po-Metru. And then he bolted past Toa Nale, diving to the other side of the room. But as he had ran, he had shoved his disk launcher into her hand. He … he knew enough about Toa that they needed tools to focus their power through, and her hands had been full helping him. Helping him.

The Disk Launcher didn’t have many disks attached, just a Ga-Metru Regeneration disk that was already slotted in. But that shouldn’t matter, the disk launcher was just the focus, 

Kanohi dived to a corner, panting and hyperventilating. He … he would try to center himself, recover. But his whole body quaked in fear, rattling like a combustion engine about to blow. As he huddled in the corner he almost squeaked out, “sorry Mr. Ghost.”

• Like 3

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "Um, I can't help but notice that his hands are fused to the disk. How are you planning on removing it from them. More importantly, how are you planning on removing the disk once you have it out of his grasp?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I gave a thumbs up to Atamai, then grimaced at his suggestion to cut the Matoran's hands off. Mata Nui wept.

She looked over the launcher in her hand thoughtfully. Nale decided to simply bluff her way through this situation until someone would inevitably come. Preferably Stannis, since he'd probably convince the Dark Hunter to jump out the airship from just one stare, she thought.

"Reconstitute at random? Huh, nasty. Wonder what it would do to a size-changer?"

Edited by King of Kings

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives -

It was true, Vashni did prefer it when they'd been speaking on the mental plane. She frowned a bit as she tried to figure out their new problem, separating them from the great disk. 

"I could...attempt to use my mask again to try and separate him from the Great Disk...I have no idea if that will work though...it might make things worse for all I know." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

”I don’t know if using your mask would be a good idea.”

I took further stock of the situation. The Matoran or whatever it was was still morphing erratically, except for its hands, which were fused to the Great Disk. 

“The disk’s power is Reconstitute at Random. That’s why he’s all like... that. Your mask might add to the problem. Maybe if I hit him with my weakness disk, it’ll lessen the effect of the Great Disk?” 

I loaded my weakness disk into my disk launcher and fired it at the Matoran to see what effect it would have. 

"That's exactly the kind of pragmatism I appreciate in an opponent... but how about you hear me out first? I'm tired of fighting Toa who aren't my target."

He decided to keep to himself that he'd already heard the Matoran state his intention to fix the ship with his disks, something a reconstitute disk was ill-suited for.

"You're on the wrong side of this conflict, and you don't even know it."

"I was in a hurry, and you got in the way. I thought you were working with him... but now I'm not so sure..." He slouched against the machinery beside him, "Tell me, how well do you know Stannis? Did he tell you where he comes from, what he wants, why he was right there when Nuparu died, or the real reason he's helping Knichou?"

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru (Great Temple Disk Hunt)

There was that voice again, calling from some screen on the street above. Karista heard the same words, but got something else out of it. More Vahki. The League infiltrating Metru Nui. If this kept up, nowhere would be safe for her. She couldn't afford to be drawing attention to herself.

Karista had made her decision before Tekmo asked. She slowly shook her head, taking a step back, then another. "I... can't."

IC: Morah - The Ripple

Hoo-wee, sounds like she opened a can of worms. "Well, don't see many more u' ya 'round here..." she said hesitantly.

IC: Othorak, Le-Metru Hideout

Othorak had mostly laid on the couch for the past day or so.  He kept the TV on, but muted.  He simply waited for the next news announcement with nothing to keep him occupied, save staring at those Matoran corpses.  Those always made him chuckle.

Then, the news he waited for finally broadcast on the TV.

“Metru-Nui: I come to you today to speak of the tragedies of yesterday. In the wake of conflict abroad, foreign insurgents have committed themselves to disrupting our lives with acts of terror and hate. In Onu-Metru, our city’s dear friend Nuparu was violently assaulted. Despite vahki arriving on scene quickly, they were unable to save our friend and their creator. Assassinations like these stand against everything we have built as a society in Metru-Nui: a safe, peaceful, and organized society. We all have our functions for the betterment of our people and our culture. The death of one is the death of all in my heart. However, I stand before you today in mourning to say we cannot give up on our ways of life. We must double our efforts, we must support our warriors and heroes in the Silver Sea fighting for our liberties and our safety. We must increase our vigilance at home while they are away. If we all perform our duties of work, our society cannot fail. This goes for our vahki enforcers as well, who will in wake of these attacks begin increased unit production and dispatch throughout all metrus. On the same day, a terrorist we believe is associated with the League of Six Kingdoms sabotaged a chute station in Le-Metru. While it brings the transport of goods from Le-Metru to a halt for the next few days beyond what our airships can deliver, our finest engineers are already at work with repairs. "

Othorak grinned so wide his smile surely could be seen from behind his mask.  "Excellent new; I'm so happy the esteemed Turaga Dume took the time to give me a shoutout!"

“Now more than ever we need our brave people to rise up and become the heroes of their homeland. Those searching for the Great Discs, I hope only for your swift success. By proving yourselves in these tests of bravery, I will be satisfied in knowing you have Metru-Nui always in your heartlights. We when you have the discs, bring them to the coliseum. Your city depends on you to unite and find your entwined destiny... Well, now that’s a determined matoran.”

"Huh?  What's this?"

"In light of recent events, we have come to an advantageous alliance with the rogue faction known as the Dark Hunters. While they have up until this point suggested a stance of neutrality in the conflict, the mercenary organization has pledged a mutual desire to maintain the city of Metru-Nui's safety. In a display of trust they have accepted the task of searching for the suspect in last night's terrorist attack on a Le-Metru chute station.  The primary suspect is tall, with red and green armor, wearing a kanohi faxon. He was last seen in Le-Metru. My dear citizens, if you see this suspect, please do not approach and seek immediate assistance of the vahki. Thank you for your time, Metru-Nui. Remember, walk in the light, perform your duties. Our city is destined for greatness. We will triumph and rise above even the darkest hours.”

Othorak was so fuming he kicked one of the corpses across the room.  "#### DARK HUNTERS!!!! THEY WILL RUE THE DAY!!!" He only yelled in his thoughts, though.  With the Vahki out looking for him, now more than ever, he needed to remain hidden.  Still, though, if Othorak could be any more red, he was.  "These new Vahki will make everything harder.  I expect some Toa to show up and try and stop me eventually, but I can handle a few of them."  Othorak paced about the room a bit before grabbing his sword.  He sprawled it across his chest as he settled back in to the couch and turned off the television.  

"Soon, I have to make my move.  Very soon.  My mission cannot fail... I will not fail.  I won't let any washed up mercenaries or extra-clanky Vahki stop me... I'll wait and see exactly how beefed up security is before I venture out again.  An army of them couldn't stop me if they tried!"

Othorak tapped his fingers on the hilt of his sword as he angrily stared off into the darkness.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

4 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Turaga Lhikan | Coliseum Prisons

"A friend? That's unfortunate. If you're right then the device could still be finished." His shoulders slumped, finally showing a sense of misery about his situation. "Maybe what I did was for nothing in the end. Destiny has its way of putting us where we belong."

IC: Thom - Prison (Discussion with a Turaga)

"Ah dunno. His mate's on the run now. Vahki want 'im."

He stretched. 

"Anyway, wot do ya know about 'im that ah don't?"