Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru

Enthusiastic little guy, wasn't he?

Not that Zecrillia had any reason to criticise, or to doubt his sincerity. With a casual wave to the Toa, she began to follow Gessai... only to find that the Toa had attached himself to the party, all the same. The Vortixx's brow rose a little; but here, too, she didn't question. Whether this guy truly had protection on his mind, or smelt profit to be made - the thing that, in her experience, motivated most beings - she could live with either.

"I guess we're a regular little party now, aren't we?"

The Toa's question didn't surprise her. A little remiss of him to ask her name without offering his own; but then, information was something to be traded just as freely as physical goods, and often had a cost of its own associated with it. Very few would give something out for free, if there was profit to be made from it.

Not that there was any profit to be made off her own name, so the Vortixx didn't hesitate to give it.

"Oh yeah, that. I'm Zecrillia; weapon designer for old Dume."

There was, of course, a little more to it than that; but who needed to know that the reason she was on Metru Nui's side was, in part, to avenge her brother?

"Speaking of weapons... that disk must be quite some weapon, huh?" Since he'd already guessed, Zecrillia saw no harm in elaborating on what she was looking for. "Almost makes me wish I wasn't planning to sell it off to some Matoran for an extortionate price; it would certainly give some added kick to my latest project."

Maybe Dume would let her have it back, after he'd made Toa of all the Matoran who brought them to him, so she could experiment with it...

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, The Ripple / Nynrah Wreck

"Whoa..."

There were no further words; Varxii's eyes were wide as she stared at the giant beasts clashing in the heart of the storm. She had come to the bridge, as Skorm had instructed her; but by the time she did, they seemed to be too far into the storm to be able to do much except ride it out. She could feel her element striking all around them, had almost lost herself in the majesty of it, greater by far than any storm she had ever conjured on her own. She opened herself as a conduit to her element, aware right down to her very nerves of every bolt of lightning, every place it was striking... not trying to touch it, nor control it, just basking in it.

She could never be afraid of the very element that gave her her power. Here, in the very heart of it all, she felt... exhilarated, as if she was on top of the world. She breathed in the air, crackling with electricity as it was...

And then she had seen it. Alerted to their presence a moment before anyone else, her gaze had been almost instinctually drawn to the dancing dragons, weaving their patterns through the storm like some long-forgotten ancient deities. Not that she believed in any such thing, besides Mata Nui himself, but they certainly... certainly...

And then, in a moment that felt to Varxii like being reluctantly dragged from a wonderful dream, the dragons were gone, and they were emerging from the storm into a pool of calm, and whatever she was thinking had been forever lost. The Toa blinked dazedly, disoriented by the experience that felt too dreamlike to be real, but too intense to have been anything but. Slowly, she sat down, allowing the others to come and go about their work around her, trying to preserve the memory of such exquisite oneness with the element that she commanded. The recollections slipped like sand through her fingers, and eventually Varxii was forced to give it up.

By which point, most of her companions were already on the move. Collecting herself, Varxii hurried after them.

It was a wreck, alright. Even in the dim light - she conjured a few tiny sparks of lightning from her fingertips; not enough to do damage, or to cast more than an intermittent light a step or two ahead of her, but still something - she could see that much. She could also see the brighter light ahead, bobbing in time with its carrier's motions; Skorm, most likely, from what she'd glimpsed of his abilities in the battle. (What kind of Toa was he, anyway? Not one that she'd heard of.) The Vo-Toa hastened to catch up with him.

IC: Jabali - Po-Metru Chute Station

She took a long drink of water, the liquid splashing her mask and dampening her cheeks where it slipped through the holes either side of its mouthpiece - what she'd always thought of as the kanohi's grinning maw. Like most Po-Matoran, Jabali cared little for water when it was in large bodies, where a Matoran would sink like a stone if she fell into them; but after a long day's work in the hot sun of the Sculpture Fields, there was nothing so refreshing as splashing an ice-cold bottle of it across her face. Purchased from the snack stand right outside the chute station, that was perfectly positioned to tempt hungry commuters as well as thirsty labourers like her, the purified water from Ga-Metru was considered something of a luxury product out here in the desert-like lands; one of the few that Jabali indulged in frequently.

Dripping, but reinvigorated, the overseer tucked the now half-empty bottle into one of the pouches of her sash. Her working day was over, having been uneventful save for the two broadcasts from Turaga Dume himself, and the Miru-wearing girl was making her way home; but slowly, lingering, letting the flow of more eager workers pass her by. Many of them were talking about those very same broadcasts, either excitedly or in hushed tones that they hoped wouldn't be overheard, but to Jabali... it didn't seem to matter very much. Most disturbing had been the news of murderers in Onu- and Le-Metru - although Jabali wouldn't say she was scared, she would also be very happy if neither of those individuals found their way to her Metru - but the talk of rewards for Great Disks?

She thought very little of it. She was happy with her job, and the idea of dropping everything to go hunting for artefacts felt vaguely obscene to her.

Not so to her fellows, evidently. Another pair of Matoran brushed past her, the one nearest talking animatedly to his companion of his plans to find one such disk and accidentally clobbering her as he gestured widely about him. Grimacing slightly, though her mask had intercepted most of the blow, Jabali fell back a few paces, orange eyes staring around her. Everyone seemed enthralled by the offered rewards, eager to claim them for him- or her- self, and her lack of interest in the idea just made the overseer feel more estranged from her peers than usual.

Maybe, she decided to herself. Maybe, just today, she'd wait here, sit out the worst of the rush hour, and catch the Chute in an hour or so instead, when it wouldn't be so crowded.

(ooc: I'm kinda placing Jabali here in the hopes of her intercepting the Onu-Metru party when they arrive; but if anyone else is around this area, I'm open to interactions taking her off in a different direction instead ^^)

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

"We're not a party," I said, keeping pace with the two. "Think of me like a security guard--I make sure no harm comes to you, or the Metru."

A weapon designer who intended to sell off the disk to a Matoran with deep pockets? Classic Xian behavior, I suppose. This didn't raise any red flags, and all things considered the mention of Dume was oddly reassuring--she was on Metru Nui's side, at least. "The disk doesn't concern me, I have my blade..." I gestured to the large sword on my back, then pointing to my head continued, "...and my mind. No better weapons then these."

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach Assault

As the white skakdi - he still didn't know his name - made his way over to the barricade, Pardehi noticed the small, insectlike drone flying overhead, and the blinking light of tracking caller he wore around his neck. Was the skakdi some sort of prisoner, conscripted and somehow transported to the beach at the last minute? That would certainly explain his presence here, but he did not know of any device capable of sending someone all this way so quickly. Then again, new thing were being invented all the time in Metru Nui. The idea that the skakdi had been sent here by some kind of experimental teleportation device, one which would eventually make airships obsolete, did not seem entirely unreasonable to him. 

"You don't look like much of a fighter." The skakdi said. It was true that his expertise was in medicine, not combat. He had had very limited experiences with combat up until this point. He had done his part protecting against the occasional rahi attack back in Bo-Koro, and of course he knew a thing or two about marksmanship and hand to hand combat. It was simply part of the basic training course that every matoran took when they joined the guard. He had even won his fair share of duels, though those were in a controlled environment, against other matoran. He was not sure how he would fair in a real fight, especially against larger species like skakdi.

"You'd be surprised." He said, remembering his kill on the beach.

He looked around, watching the battle unfold around him. In one direction, two toa struggled against a spider-like tank. In another, a purple toa stood locked in combat with a massive, red-armored titan. Powers and weapons surged all around him.It would be pointless, as well as dangerous, to alienate his knew companion, skakdi prisoner or not.

Anyway, my name is Pardehi." He continued. "I'm a medical officer in the Army of Metru Nui. On my way here, my boat sank so I had to swim to shore."

He turned his gaze over the edge of the barricade, seeking a target with his disk launcher.

OOC: @Dane

IC: Kareh - Silver Beach Assault

For a brief moment, Kareh began to regret his decision. As he felt his weight rapidly decrease, he realized what he was up against a toa of gravity. Those ones were always especially tough opponents because of their power over moving objects. Even so, he had not started this fight just to back down so soon. He could see already that he had cut a gash across the toa's shoulder. Soon, the poison in his dagger would begin its work.

He lowered himself to the ground, gripping the edge of the beach with the soles of his feet. He could not allow the toa to know he had hurt him at all. He raised his weapons into the air in an arrogant gesture. "Come on, little toa. Is that the best you can do?" He had intentionally left himself exposed, hoping that the toa would compromise his own stance in a misguided attack of opportunity. New toa were always so confident, so prone to fatal errors. As such, they were the most satisfying to destroy. He looked the toa straight in the eye, and laughed mockingly.

OOC: @Smudge8

IC: Tugarak - The Ripple

"Keep us on standbye alert" Tugarak said to the pilots after they had landed. He picked up his commlink, making sure it was still in working order. He would be going outside soon to check on the remains of the Tactical Panda, and he needed to be able to be in communication with his own ship. What was a panda, anyway? Tugarak wondered idly to himself. He imagined it was some kind of herbivorous arboreal rahi, probably native to the southern continent. Some things about matoran he would never understand. Regardless of the strange name, the inter-workings of ship itself would be very interesting to him. He had always wanted to get his hands on Nynrah technology. Even if he could not integrate the parts into the crashed ship into his own,they would fetch a high price at the market.

He stepped into the main compartment. Most of the passengers had already left, though one, a slender, horned being resembling Lord Mantax lay on the floor, in apparent pain. He must have been the one injured during the visorak incident.Tugarak knelt down, placing himself at eye level with the passenger. "Are you alright, mate?" he asked.

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Biological Chronicler

OOC: Waited too long, the cops say hi.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru | Vhisola's Studio

Even as the Informant spoke a kanoka flew from Vhisola’s launcher at him. The first freeze disc was the warning shot. She wasn’t playing around now. Vhisola was having a bad day. When she came home she’d hoped things would get better. With the standoff she’d weighed her options: she couldn’t outrun Okuo let alone the bigger ones, she certainly couldn’t hide anywhere, so taking aggressive action was all she had left.

Vhisola hated having bad days.

“I said get out of my house!”

Even as the disc flew towards Informant whatever glass still rested in the frame of the floor to ceiling windows exploded as a squad of bordakh began squeezing themselves into the already cramped apartment. Vhisola had no clue how they got here so fast, but she was grateful for their arrival. She heard more scrambling down the hallway towards her open front door. The bordakh fired stun staves at everyone, discs careening off the walls and breaking dishes in the kitchen. The robotic police were interested in control of the situation, not in preserving anyone inside just yet.

A disc hit Vhisola and her body seized up, knees buckling as her body tumbled to the ground in the friendly fire. Her breath came in ragged shallow gasps. It would wear off, she thought.

It would wear off, right?

Happy chat.

IC: The Waif - Le-Metru, The Notch

There was a contemplative expression behind the blank bronze mask she wore, and as such it was an expression that conveyed nothing of her current being to those around her. Her hand stroking her chin how ever might have been enough to tip them off. She thought about her current situation, contemplated her options. On the one hand, she could stay in her current situation as an unwanted vagrant, drifting through the city, bereft of friends or sympathy. On the other hand, she could take a leap of faith here and now, follow these strange explorers on their odd quest, and see where that would take her...

"I'll... I'll join you. But you-" She turned to and pointed at The Cartographer. "I... I want more of that jerky..."

Truth be told, that piece of jerky had been the best food she'd tasted in years

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

As the Bordahk began to squeeze into the apartment and assault its inhabitants, Okuo quickly retreated into his invisibility, taking cover behind an outcropping from where he could survey the rapidly deteriorating situation. Vhisola had just been hit by the Vahki he'd called in to protect her. Spirit cursed robots, as usual they only made the situation worse. He'd have to take this matter into his own hands.

Sprinting from cover, still invisible, he leapt for Vhisola, trying to quickly drag out of the open where hopefully she could recover from the disc's effects.

IC: Sans, Back to Square One

"Howdy!" It was just as much a surprise to Sans as it was to the Matoran that he was back so soon.  Instead of a blocked chute or scary monster, all he found was a run down room and a cute little lizard.

Sans watched the two Matoran share more jerky, and listened as they discussed their next step.  After a time, he interjected, "I'm not convinced," he declared. "That black-marked chute seems more clearly dangerous than the others, plus the Alpinist has yet to return.  I say we go down the same chute he chose and meet up with him, then circle back here and try the third one together.  This whole complex seems a bit broken; maybe we need to fix a few things before we venture into that hidden away chute." Sans pondered the meaning of the four unique boards.  "If someone came before us, yet the disk was never found, I wonder what happened to them," he thought more nervously than he showed.  Sans picked up a spare sled and positioned himself in front of the chutes, waiting for his companions to join him in catching up to the Alpinist.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Onaku @Crimson Jester

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (Resisting a raid)

As usual, the Vahki had arrived late, and to do nothing useful than to 'clean up' and ask questions about what happened later.

Kovac's eyes glowed as he ducked under a few projectiles, sparks suddenly beginning to fly from his weapon as the vigilante channeled his energy, grunting as the exertion made his body fuzzy.

A bolt surged through the blunted blade of his sword, and struck out at the nearest Vahki in a brilliant tesla blue fork. If it hit the Vahki, the bolt would likely spread to a couple nearby. The Toa couldn't muster the elemental energy to make the attack particularly strong but the robotic nature of the Vahki meant that it didn't particularly matter.

Kovac Krossfari was in the eye of the storm of corruption, and he would ride the storm out until it carried him to the truth.

Edited by Dane
colour!

IC: The Cartographer -- The Notch Chute Station, Le-Metru

The Cartographer chuckled, reaching into his pack once more to withdraw the packet of jerky. "Here, take as much as you like. I've got plenty more; you're going to need the energy."

He turned to Sans, and listened as he made his case about repairing the Chute Station. He hadn't seen much beyond this floor of the station, so he hadn't much in the way of input on the matter. But by the look of the two-storey gap between the black chute entrance and the chute itself, he couldn't help but agree with the Turaga's sentiment of repair. The comment about what may have happened to their predecessors made him worry for his oldest compatriot: the Alpinist. The Cartographer nodded in agreement, and grabbed two sleds, handing one to their new friend, and grabbing the other for himself. He approached the chute that the Alpinist had entered moments before.

"I'll take the lead, Sans. If we encounter something on our way down, take our new friend here and backtrack like Karz. Fair?" Not awaiting a reply, the Ko-Matoran set his sled down, boarded, and pushed off into the unknown...

OOC: @EmperorWhenua Rescue team on the way! @Unreliable Narrator we'll be ready for a post once we've reached the junction, EW, and decided our path from there. @Onaku @Azibo

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

18 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nynrah Wreck

Third, below The Tactical Panda’s dangling stern was the opening of a grotto. A small stream gurgled out from the grotto and joined the sea at the edge of the beach.

IC:

Mazor's words still echoing in her head -- the Makuta, real? -- Irna slowly made her way to the wreckage. In the stillness of the storm's eye, every footstep seemed thunderous, and the Zyglak held her spear at the ready, looking to her left, her right, behind her. The Visorak who had nearly brought their ship down, the ... the dragons that had drifted through the tempest and who had spoken in words which were not words ... Irna could no longer imagine what was waiting for them now.

Let alone what might be waiting for them in that cave.

She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth and raised her hand up, hoping to get the attention of the lightning-bearer -- Varxii, wasn't that her name? -- and beckon her over.

OOC: @Darth Jaller

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: my precious iPad has returned. Praise Mata-Nui

IC Kanohi - The Taku

Kanohi wore a collection of shattered masks all over his body, even the mask he wore was covered in broken Kanohi. It made it hard to see his face, his expressions. But right now he was a deeper scarlet than the Red Star itself.

Um I … thank you, Toa. I … I know I didn’t do the best job, they malfunctioned and … or did that stranger damage them?” He looked at the engine again, then was it not his fault? “That … I am sorry for not being much help during the fight, taking so long to fix this. I think it’s stable now.”

And indeed the left engine was working now, humming happily as he turned it on. He looked away and said, “I hate to disappoint Mr. Ghost, but I don’t think … I don’t know if I can fix the right one. It’s power is leaking, probably one reason the ship tilted. Should have prioritize it, sorry. I-I will try to turn it off.”

A though struck Kanohi’s mind as he scooted over to the still broken engine, “um, Toa. I … I am a coward, I don’t think you can trust me. I mean, I don’t know if I can be trusted to help much in whatever we have to do next. And I would fold under pressure. I can help do crowd control, get Matoran to safety, fix parts of the city caught in the fighting but I … you probably shouldn’t tell me your plans. Or the secrets you learn. In case I am captured. I just, are we sure Dume had Nuparu killed? I just … why would a Turaga have a Matoran killed? He was once a-a Toa, chosen by Mata-Nui. Why would he betray the heart of Metru-Nui?

And then another thought hit him, right as he powered down the right engine. He turned to this Toa of Stone, the one who had carried him aboard the Taku in the first place, and he said, “Toa, I think I overheard you mention that Nuparu was working on a project for Dume, that Nuparu was killed to replace him on the project. And Dume just started the hunt for the Great Disks. Could the Disks be needed for this project? Whatever it is?

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Taja | Ko-Metru Knowledge Tower

Silence.

Taja liked it. It was easier to think when everything was quiet. Easier to focus. Her sensitive hearing made it difficult to find true silence: even here in this office, were she to completely disable her mask's silencers, she would be able to to count Jaa's heartbeats from across the room. So she worked with her earpieces half-closed, in her silent office, in this quiet tower, in the hushed stillness of the city's most tranquil Metru. This was where she found peace, or as close to peace as she had ever known.

She propped the iStone up on her desk. Its screen glowed gently, displaying the coordinates of the latest star movements. The strings of numbers and letters would mean nothing to most Matoran; the average user would probably assume that their tablet was malfunctioning. But in the eyes of a skilled astronomer, these codes represented the slow movements of the heavenly spheres. These letters and numbers were secrets written in a mystical cipher. Given enough time and patience, that cipher could be cracked, and the future revealed.

Patience was the key. The stars did not speak lightly, and so they did not speak to those who were not willing to listen. This is why the Ko-Matoran were trusted with their mysteries. It took years of training and meditation for scholars to develop the willpower necessary to study the stars. That willpower improved their focus, which in turn allowed them to spend long hours on their work, allowing the movements of the stars to speak to them in their own slow, quiet language. This language might take centuries to say a single sentence, but the benefit was that the stars said nothing that was not worth saying. Nothing that was not worth hearing, if one had the patience to sit and listen.

Taja worked slowly but tirelessly, marking each new coordinate on a new map of Quadrant G, one of the many quadrants into which the sky was divided. When finished, she would compare this map to the one she had last completed. The sheets of paper were semi-transparent, so she could overlay them to more easily see and understand the movements of the stars.

Focus came from willpower, which in turn was born from peace. A mind in turmoil could not develop the patience necessary to listen to the stars. A scholar had to learn to look inward and quiet her mind and heart until her whole being became tranquil, like a pond of still water. She had to tune out the distractions of the outside world, enduring the chaos of the earth while pursuing the peace of the skies. In the world, but not of it.

And that was only possible by trusting in Destiny. Other Matoran pursued the Virtues of Unity or Duty, which were necessary in their own way. No scholar would dispute that. The Great Spirit had given them three Virtues, separate in substance yet equal in status. No one more or less important than the other. But Unity and Duty were concerned with mortal things, whereas Destiny turned a Matoran's eyes to the divine. Careful study and meditation on the virtue of Destiny taught a scholar to trust in the Great Spirit. That trust brought peace, knowing that Mata Nui's hand was in all things. That peace bore willpower, the ability to withstand any trial. And willpower bestowed focus, giving a Matoran the patience to be still and wait on the stars to speak.

Another coordinate, another mark. The map was almost finished, which was the only sign of Taja's progress. There were no clocks in the room, and she was so immersed in her project that if someone were to ask how long she had been working, she would be unable to give an honest answer. The skies outside were darker than they had been earlier, but the lightstones in the office warded off the dimness of the late afternoon.

Finished.

The De-Matoran allowed herself a moment to relax. She leaned backwards in her chair and stretched, arching her back and pulling one wrist up and over her head. She deactivated her eyepiece, then rubbed her eyes. Time to compare maps.

She turned her chair to face a filing cabinet, one of many crammed into this room and dozens of others throughout the tower. Pulling a drawer open (it was well-oiled, she was pleased to note, and made no noise), her experienced fingers rifled through the folders until she found the one she was looking for. She pulled out a slender tube, out of which she unfurled another star map. She double-checked its date, then laid it out flat on her desk and placed the new map on top.

The recording was finished. Now the interpretation could begin.

• Like 2

IC: Informant (Duplicate)-Ga Metru, Visohla's appartment  @Unreliable Narrator

Well, The informant thought, Time to leave.  He turned and charged the Vahki as fast as he could, firing his lazer eye wildly to try and clear the path so he could jump out the window.

IC: Jeprho-Beach Assault  @Biological Chronicler

Keep it cool, Jephro thought to himself, He's trying to get in your head. Jephro shifted his stance so that he could comprimise between offence and defence, one sword close to his body, the other pointing foreward. As he did he felt the cut on his shoulder sting. That can't be good. He prepared himself, channeling more elemental energy, but stayed in place.

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou saw the icon for the left lower bow engine switch from red to green, and he immediately began tinkering with the control panel, adjusting levitation levels to balance the ship out again. It wasn't perfect, because it would take a few minutes for the effects of the weight increase disks on the right lower engine to wear off, but now Knichou could lower the stress on the two engines above them.

The stowaway was gone, and so Knichou unlocked the bridge, waiting for the 'crew' (Are they my crew yet? How does that work exactly?) to climb the ladder and enter the bridge so they could chart a course for their next destination. Also, Knichou and Stannis had a memory crystal to observe.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

The Fa-Toa silently placed the Kanoka launcher near the Matoran as Stannis spoke to him, before heading towards the cargo bay to retrieve her rifle. She paused halfway to crouch beside Arkius.

"Need any help, brother?"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Arkius - The Taku

Purely by instinct, Arkius began to say "No, I'm fi-" before he caught himself, sighing as he spoke again. "Yes, actually, thank you sister."

Dragging Vhisola into another room, away from the vahki and the other home invaders, Okuo let go of her once they were behind a couple of walls and dividers, where he made himself visible again. "Hey again. Sorry about the café earlier... and about the window... and, well, about the vahki, though to be fair you were the one who suggested that part."

Edited by Onaku

IC: Thom - Beach Assault (Casing the beach)

Thom chuckled. "Yer green, ah can smell it. Bet yer been wrappin' bandages over laser holes 'nd patchin' up elemental fire burns mostly."

He shoved the Matoran aside, using his vision to take a look himself.

BANG!

Thom's eye widened as the Skakdi quickly flipped back into cover. A Steltian Bruiser grasping a large disc launcher seemed to be the source of the shot, far ahead from the two.

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nynrah Crash Site

They reached the wreck without incident, the soft misting rain making it hard to see the scope of the damage from the outside. Inside, the ship was dark, save for the occasional flicker of a lighstone fallen from its socket in the ceiling. The outside of the hull showed acid burns similar to those The Ripple sported post their scuffle with the visorak. The creaking of wind rushing through the wreck reached them, carrying the scent of burnt organics. 

The Tactical Panda was full of dead Nynrah Ghosts. Their trademark armor bore the markings of their guild and craft and many were dead at their stations, suggesting a sense of determination to persist even with the grim understanding they wouldn't make it. Some were crushed under pallets in the cargo deck, others were immolated in their bunks. A pilot on the bridge leaned against the pipe skewering them to their chair. Their hearlight was dark like every other matoran aboard. One of the radiologists still had a hand gripped around the volume knob at their desk. A transmission of background interference eerily played on repeat. In the other hand they held a crumpled piece of note paper with the coordinates of the island and "not alone" written on it. Along with the dead matoran the members of the League found the corpses of several visorak sprinkled throughout the three main decks. 

The only living being aboard was a tiny lizard, probably a stowaway from wherever the airship last docked. The lizard became a comfort to the party, finding its way onto the shoulder of unsuspecting individuals who were too engrossed in the moment to pay attention to its antics until a roguish tongue to their audio receptors rudely interrupted their thoughts.

Amidst the wrecked beams and porthole doors melted shut from the dwindled fires burnt supplies were in abundance. Ashy rations, water-logged medical kits, melted plastics still off-gassing, and racks of destroyed weapons filled each of the cabins. If the team planned on salvaging much for the League in the way of working military technology they were out of luck. The engine room was equally damaged, with chunks of rock from the hillside caught in the feeder belts. Bits of the wreck looked too clean and repaired. On closer inspection these portions of The Tactical Panda had regeneration discs cast about. Other areas bore marks of kanoka discs breaking loose during the crash, like icy walkways, floating corpses, and areas giving off a putrid glow.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC Kilo-M9 - Onu-metru Archives, sublevel 12:

Updating contacts entries for Vashni, Tallea, and Jutori.

Calculating nearest likely location for additional great disks: Po-metru is best destination.

Transportation likely to encounter difficulties. Chute travel fastest method and most inconspicuous. Stealth needed to reach chute station undetected. Disguise recommended. Calculating likely locations of tarps...

...Citizen Pacification Unit K1R1 Kilo-M9,” the mechanical guardian responded. “Short form, Kilo.” There was little chance of encountering others of its kind, so the specific identifying numbers were unnecessary. “Po-metru is most efficient destination.”

Observing the disk in the bubble to ensure it was completely deactivated, the clockwork cop dispersed the energy bubble containing the disk. The sudden resuming of gravity on the disk brought it back down into its waiting hand. The former law enforcer immediately deposited the disk into Vashni’s hands.

Vashni already toa,” the machine explained. “Least reason to betray group.”

It continued. “Stealth required to get to chute station without Usurper attention. Elevator quickest method to reach surface. Recommend leav-ing immediately.”

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Pardehi dropped to the ground, peering around the corner to see the source of the blast. It was a massive, brutish-looking figure, bearing a heavy disk launcher. The new assailant had seen them first, so he was hesitant to expose himself to its fire. Besides, he was unsure if he could make the shot from here anyway, though maybe his new friend could. He holstered his disk launcher and drew his two charger blades. He had been very hesitant to use them before. The risk of losing consciousness was always present, and it was never good to leave oneself vulnerable on the battlefield. This time, though, they fight save his life. Pressing them together, he focused on the brute coming their way. He planned to greatly enhance its sense of hearing, so that it would be overwhelmed by the noises of battle and become an easy target for the skakdi marksman.

OOC: @Dane Pardehi is using his chargers to disorient the bruiser. He hopes Thom will make the killing shot.

IC: Kareh - Silver Beach Assault

To his disappointment, the toa had not taken the bait. He sheathed his main weapons, pulling out his broadsword. "You see this?" he gloated. He swung the sword around him for emphasis. "I took it from a so-called toa hero just like you. He thought he could beat me too, but I proved him wrong. Just like I'm about to prove you wrong." Before his opponenet could respond, he leapt upward, preparing to bring the sword down on the toa's head.

OOC: @Smudge8

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Well, the trip to the Great Temple had been enlightening, but not in the way he had hoped. Tekmo hoped that the Great Disks would be the key to ending this conflict... but his newfound distrust of the one who commanded their recovery couldn't be shaken. But what was he supposed to do? March up to the Coliseum and demand an explanation? He'd be dismissed as a paranoid lunatic at best, and jailed alongside the Toa Mangai at worst. The only thing to do was to play the Turaga's game... and pray that his suspicions were unfounded. He-

What was that? For a moment, he saw something blue and scaly in the waterway below. But it was probably just some type of fish, albeit a particularly big one. Nothing to be concerned with. What was to be concerned with, however, was that nearby Vahki were now moving with great speed in a shared direction. Towards an apartment building with a broken window.

The call to adventure awaited. Tekmo could not ignore it even if he wanted to.

IC: Waveahk (Ga-Metru, Waterways)

Yet again, the Vahki proved to be as much as an asset as a hindrance. Waveahk noticed them scrambling towards a single direction. Perhaps someone else had beaten him to the punch?

Regardless, it was worth investigating. It might be a risk to willingly go closer to where Vahki were gathering, since they already caught sight of him earlier, back in Onu-Metru. But he'd already proven he could escape the automatons easily in the water. He'd not end up like that fool Skakdi. Whatever his name was...

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "Agreed." Tallea said with a nod. Her head tilted to the side and had anyone been able to see under her helmet they would have seen a thoughtful look go across her face. "Atamai, do you think we could borrow a shipping container or a truck? We need some way to get Kilo here through the streets and the chutes are still what most people use to get around quickly."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Vahki | Ga-Metru

Krosfari’s sword struck the vahki squarely on the temple, carving a gash that exposed the churning processes inside. His lightning flowed through the protosteel into the clockwork construct, causing sparks to fly from the inside. A cog from somewhere in the bordakh’s cranium rattled, pinged, and blew free of its mouth. Despite the damages the machine pressed its attack, screeching in indecipherable vahki-talk as it fired blasts of energy from its staff at Krosfari in melee range. The Dark Protector of Metru-Nui knew a blast from the Bordakh’s staff would turn him into a fanatical ally, allowing him to be used as a mindless pawn in whatever outcome the vahki considered a logical application of the law.

The pulses from Borakh staves and weaken kanoka discs flew towards Informant as well. In the cramped, matoran-sized, studio apartment there was very little room to maneuver. The bordakh had cramped themselves into the entrance and exit, making escape through the doors all but impossible for anyone stuck inside.

Down the hall in one of the shared common spaces in the building Okuo turned visible again and began to talk to Vhisola. Her optics were dilating rapidly, mask akimbo, focus entirely on trying to wiggle her fingers. If she could just make a fist...

OOC: Informant and Krossfari are stuck in a one room studio apartment with two squads of vahki. What do they do?

Happy chat.

She smiled and helped the Onu-Toa up, placing his arm around her shoulder. 
"I'm heading up to the bridge to check in on Knichou, after I get my rifle back," she said. "That was very Toa-like of you, going after a Dark Hunter with a busted leg."

IC: Jutori - The Archives

I walked over to Vashni while everyone discussed travel methods, and cleared my throat. "Can I...get a closer look at that disk? It's just surreal to see one of the Great Disks in person."

OOC: forgot jutori again, he's not gonna try to steal the disk he's just being shady

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Alpinist | Le-Metru

The adrenaline junkie matoran was loving the chute ride; nearly colliding with Sans was quite possibly the highlight so far. When he came to the crossroads he did his best to make an educated choice with the limited time and information he had. He followed the white path. 

IC: Zaliyah - Nynrah Crash Site

"Karzahni!" Sparks flew as Zaliyah's claws raked the wall beside her. She wasn't ordinarily one to give in to anger, but after flying all of this way, getting attacked by Visorak, lost in the storm... it was beyond frustrating to have nothing to show for it. 

She started to sift through the detritus in search of any still-functioning regeneration disks. Their own ship was going to need some serious patching up if they were to survive another encounter with the Visorak... or worse. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Safe House, Le-Metru

The old chute station had been abandoned for years. A nearby junction had been taken down by a force sphere, and the architects had elected to simply construct new chutes over the site of the old, leaving the disused station to fall into disrepair. It was dusty, dilapidated, and most importantly: dark.

In the darkest corner of the room, a shape stumbled forth from the shadows, panting for breath, and shivering from the unnatural cold she'd been trapped in for far too long. The journey directly from Odina to Metru Nui had been lengthy, and not one Sidra was in any hurry to repeat. She would have been more than happy to take a more mundane transport, but The Shadowed One had handed her an image of this location and told her it was paramount that she reinforce the efforts of the Hunters already in the city. She had little doubt others operatives were also making their own way to Metru Nui. 

She stepped out of the station, admiring the cityscape above her, and began working her way towards the nearest operational chute station.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Vyarik - Mask Maker Forges, Ta-Metru

A haggard Matoran stumbled out of the chute from Onu-Metru, armour scratched and battered. A baleful fire burned in his tired eyes as he stepped through the door of the nearest Mask Maker's forge, slamming his fist against a bench to get the attention of the Ta-Matoran within. 

"I need a Kiril, or high-quality Regeneration Disks," he tossed a pouch of widgets at the Mast-Maker's feet, "Now." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

After that, Okuo turned his attention to the door frame connecting the room they were in to the rest of the house, aiming his launcher there to make sure he could catch anyone chasing them the moment they walked in. His eyes on the only entrance, Okuo spoke up. "Listen, I know you've been through a lot before even this, and this isn't the first time some strange matoran came along and made you question your safety and privacy, you said as much at the café. Just know that as soon as you're safe and this threat is over, you won't see me again. Ever. I promise. The only reason I'm here is because someone is of the opinion that you're better dead than alive. And I happen to disagree with that opinion." Okuo visibly winced. "Sorry, bad humor... Again, haven't done this a lot, talking to other people. As soon as the only ones in this house are us two and the vahki, I will take my leave. Hopefully after that you can put this whole mess behind you and forget I ever existed."

He turned back to Vhisola as he finished speaking, his tone sincere, and an expression of genuine regret and sympathy on his face. "I'm... sorry. About everything"

"Thank you sister. You yourself have shown courage today, and I speak only from what I have seen myself." Arkius looked Nale over now that the two of them were up close. "That wound on your face. It looks fresh. You have taken your share of injury as well." Arkius hobbled along with the help of his fellow toa, using his axe as a makeshift crutch. "But I suppose that is the way of the toa. We take the injuries our smaller kin cannot, and we carry forward despite them. I only regret we could not take that injury for Nuparu..."

• Like 1

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (CQC)

Managing to dodge every clumsy blast from the staff that the Vahki shot at him with his considerable agility, Kovac sprang up with his legs and found himself soaring over the Vahki in a leap.

Gloved hands grabbed for the back of the Vahki's head.

IC: Thom - Beach Assault (Sniping)

Thom whistled as he saw the effects of the Matoran's weapons. He didn't realise Metru-Nui's military even issued weapons that cruel.

No problem to him, though.

Dropping the Cordak launcher temporarily, Thom drew his revolver in a matter of seconds, hand slamming down on the hammer as he fired three times with metal slugs at the Bruiser; the ringing through the metal was music to his ears.

The first two shots ripped through the Bruiser's face and putting a considerable hole in his chest, killing him easily and quickly, but the last missed entirely. The thug hit the deck, his launcher clattering across the sand.

IC: The Cartographer -- The Notch Chute Station, Le-Metru

The Cartographer did his best to grip the sled tightly as it careened down the winding protodermic chute into the unknown. From the moment of the initial plunge, the sled had bounced around the chute like a stone across a pond, occasionally making contact with the protodermis stream, or the ringed supports. Were the Cartographer's hands not already white, his knuckles would have been.

A sudden burning sensation on the Abomination-mark on his wrist quickly pulled his focus from gripping the sled, to the junction that now approached at blinding speed. He couldn't turn his focus away from the path ahead, but he could hear his companions rattling down the chute just behind him. The color markings at the tubes could only be made out well enough in the motion blur for the Cartographer to quickly yank his sled hard left, sending him onward into the abyss that lay beyond the white-marked chute, and hopefully the Alpinist.

OOC: Permission from @Onaku and @Azibo, via group chat, to bunny the three of us through the junction. @Unreliable Narrator, ready for the next phase of this puzzle. @EmperorWhenua Rescue Rangers on the move.

Edited by Crimson Jester

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

She was silent for a moment, looking ahead as they climbed the steps. When they reached the cargo bay the Fa-Toa used her element to grab her rifle and slung the holster over her shoulder, silently vowing not to part with the weapon again.

"I'm...saddened by Nuparu's passing," she finally said, "but there will always be more lives to save." Nale looked into the wounded Toa's eyes, her own seemingly glowing with determination. "We cannot focus on the past when what's ahead is so important."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Onu-Metru

”We could take a cargo transport. Generally the Vahki drive them, but us archivists do too sometimes. If we take the maintenance elevator it can take us back up to level one. The door to the garage where all the transports are parked is right near the elevator.” I looked up out of the hole where we had come from. “But first we need to get back up there so we can get to the elevator.”

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru - Archives -

Vashni took the disk with a nod, Kilo had a fair point, she didn't have a reason to run off with the disk at all. Her goal here after all was to protect these Matoran on their quest to find the disks and hopefully become Toa themselves. After that, perhaps she could show them how to use their elemental and mask powers. 

3 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Jutori - The Archives

I walked over to Vashni while everyone discussed travel methods, and cleared my throat. "Can I...get a closer look at that disk? It's just surreal to see one of the Great Disks in person."

Vashni smiled just a little, looking at the disk herself, it was kind of neat to see such a legendary item up close, so she could understand Jutori's curiosity. 

"Sure." Vashni said casually, offering to let him hold the disk for a moment. "Just don't drop it." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Pardehi felt a surge of light-headedness from the effort, leaning upon the blades of his chargers for support. He watched in satisfaction as the bruiser fell to the ground, felled by the marksman's slugs. The skakdi was clearly impressed by his weapons, as much as he was by the skakdi's.

"These blades were given to me on naming day." He explained. "Our village's craftsman,  Crazy Demar, is the one who made them originally. " Demar had always had a nack for building creative powers and functions into his creations. "They've been with me since before I arrived in Metru Nui. It was a real hassle getting them approved for this trip, but I managed to convince the higher ups to let me keep them."

Pardehi stood upright again, the feeling of light-headedness having past. "I can do a lot more with them than just that." He pointed towards his eyes. "I could temporarily enhance your eyesight, if you would let me."

OOC: @Dane

IC: Barak - Ta Metru Furnaces

As Barak lead them deeper into Ta Metru, the landscape gradually changed around them. The omnipresent smog, already dark and heavy in the air, grew still darker and more noxious, obscuring and distorting all but their immediate surroundings. The sounds of industry grew louder and more repetitive until they were almost impossible to ignore. Soon, bright flashes of light could be seen in the distance. They were nearing the Metru's famous firepits. Barak would guide them through a gap in the fencing, helping them navigate around the fire and machinery until the reached the entrance to the Great Furnace; a small, inactive firepit tucked away in a disused corner of the enclosure, coated in rust and debris. Using a special key he had taken from the real Gessai - now safely dead and buried at the bottom of the Silver Sea - he would unlock the maintenance hatch at the bottom of the chute, opening the way to the furnace.

Involuntarily, Barak wheezed, using his psionics to disguise the noise to his two companions. Any self-respecting Ta-Matoran, especially one who made his life's work around furnaces, would have been well adapted to this sort of environment. Barak, however, was not so well adapted. He drew a needle from his stash, bending his arm to inject it into the thin gap between his spines. As he felt his lungs clearing he knew that he would be able to hold out for at least a few hours longer. After that, he would have to administer another shot and hope that neither of his companions noticed that time, either.

He reached out with his psionics, probing the mind of the vortixx following him. Her name was Zecrillia and, like many Vortixx she had come from Xia. Unsurprisingly, she had been motivated by monetary gain. That was good, Barak reasoned. It made her predictable. He detected no trace of suspicion in her.

He moved on to probe the mind of the fire toa traveling with them. He could discern very little, not even the toa's real name. He seemed like a very strong-willed individual and Barak was not sure he could conduct a deeper probe and maintain the illusion at the same time. Worse, he detected suspicion in his mind; that had been his primary motivation for accompanying Zecrillia through the furnaces. That made him dangerous. However, he would have to keep him around for now. There was no telling what danger might be lurking down there, and of the three of them, this toa seemed the most adept and handling danger.

He turned a corner, bringing them face to face with a deteriorating section of fencing, separating the firepits from the rest of Ta Metru. There was a gap in the fence, but it was small and partly sealed. Reaching out with his telekinesis, he tugged at the links of the fence, widening the gap until it was big enough for all three of them. He made sure that his companions would see him cutting through the fence with his tools and nothing more.

He gestured towards the gap he had made. "Let me show you the quickest way to the Great Furnace." He said. "It's a dangerous place out there. Let me guide you."

OOC: Preparing to guide Zecrillia and the Swordsmand through the Ta Metru firepits. @Tarn

IC: Tugarak - Wreck of the Tactical Panda

After receiving new response from the wounded passenger, Tugarak stepped outside, onto the islet. It felt strange to walk on dry land again, after spending so much time in the air. Even so, Tugarak welcomed the privilege. He had entrusted care of the ship into his pilots and his two subordinate officers. If anything happened to him, they would return the ship to League territory to bring news of his death and of the fallen Nynrahnian vessel.

He had brought very little gear with him, aside from his standard weapons. He wore his comlink on a leather belt around his waist, within easy reach in case ha had to call for help from his crew.  He had slung a large duffel bag over his shoulder, containing ammo for his kanoka launcher, a first aid kit, a portable radio, a heatstone and a lightstone. He had intentionally left most of the bag empty, to fit as much equipment from the wreck as he possibly could. He took a sip from his canteen, and slung its attached strap over his back.

By the time he made it to the wreck, he saw that it had been damaged beyond any hope of salvation. He turned around in disappointment, making his way to the grotto instead. Joining Irna and Varxii, he peered inward, shining his lightstone inside.

OOC: Interacting with @Conwayand @Darth Jaller. @Unreliable Narrator, what, if anything, is Tugarak able to see in the grotto?

Edited by Biological Chronicler

IC: Jutori - Archives (not sure why I added "the" last time)

I nodded, and took hold of the disk. It was an odd feeling, finally holding the object we'd come all the way down here for. And although there hadn't been much time between me meeting these fellows and descending into this maze-like place, it certainly felt like it'd been a very long journey. I carefully handed it back to Vashni, ignoring that nagging feeling in the back of my skull that said don't let go of it.

I turned my attention to the hole above. "Might be a stretch," I said, "but could the Kra--Kilo carry us back up?"

OOC: will wait on Darth Jaller before I write another Swordsman reply, just a heads-up

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Mazor-Nynrah Wreck @Nato the Traveler

Mazor joined Zaliyah in sorting through the rubble for disks, Maybe he'd find something useful. "Seems like the Ghosts ran into the same troubles we did."

IC: Jephro-Beach Assault

As the sword came down Jephro Jumped, decreasing his gravity to enhance his height. He had to adjust his jump to avoid the sword, going over one of Kareh's shoulders. He did a flip and took a slash with his sword Before landing behind his opponent.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

"It serves no one to dwell on and regret the past, no. But one must never forget it. To remember is to learn, and every mistake is a lesson. To forget one's mistakes is to shun what you can learn and that is how failures are repeated." There was a glare of resolve to Arkius' eyes, one only amplified by his pained grimace, though his features softened slightly as a pained chuckle escaped his lips. "I suppose the nature of my elemental kin in this city appeals to me. Archivists, filing away the past so that the present can remember it. Learn from it. It is... agreeable to me, I find. Perhaps in another life I could have settled down here, become an official guardian of Onu-Metru, and the city by extension..."

Arkius' full grimace now returned. "It's a shame we had to get on the Vahki's bad side."

• Like 1

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "Elevator is this way."

Enough time had been spent talking, it was time to do. Tallea started walking towards where the elevator shaft would have crossed this level of the facility.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

21 minutes ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Mazor-Nynrah Wreck @Nato the Traveler

Mazor joined Zaliyah in sorting through the rubble for disks, Maybe he'd find something useful. "Seems like the Ghosts ran into the same troubles we did."

IC: Zaliyah - Nynrah Wreck 

"Indeed," she replied, "I think it would be wise if we didn't linger here any longer than necessary." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She considered the Onu-Toa's words and nodded slowly in agreement, although they also brought to mind things she would rather forget.

Arkius' full grimace now returned. "It's a shame we had to get on the Vahki's bad side."

"Never much liked them anyways," Nale replied, "always causing more trouble than solving it." They reached the ladder and she, carefully, helped her ally up. "Sorry about the engines," the Fa-Toa said to Knichou once they were on the bridge.

IC: Jutori - Archives

"...I forgot about elevators..."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Thom - Beach Assault (Discussing Armaments)

Thom snorted in a rather 'Yeah, right' manner. Like if someone asked him to check out their gun in the middle of an alleyway. He wasn't quite that stupid.

"Would rather not be seein' tha dust specks in tha air, Shorty." He said, turning to give a wink (though with his one eye it was really more of a blink) and a thumbs up to the drone still following them.

"Good story though," The Ko-Skakdi continued, holstering the revolver and picking his Cordak launcher back up. "If ya stay alive ah'll tell ya about me shooter."