Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Rose - Beach Assault (...the dead will walk the earth)

The Ta-Toa continued to fight away on the bluff with her Vahki allies, until she took notice of two things: firstly, the sky was changing color. Red, almost like her armor, with stars visible as if it were permanent night...while the twin suns still shone. Secondly, something was moving out of the corner of her eye that wasn't one of the Vahki. Rose turned, expecting to see someone sneaking up on her, and saw...

...the charred, shambling corpse of the Toa from before. His jaw hung open and a low moan was coming out. Nothing frightened Rose. She'd ran headfirst into danger without her heart skipping a beat. This...thing approaching her, and the idea of a dead body reanimating, especially one with a vengeance? It scared the Karzahni out of her. This was not normal. She panicked and swung her fist, striking the zombified Toa in the face and watched as his head detached from his shoulders, the body collapsing to its knees. Shaken, the Ta-Toa began turning her flamethrower on the other dead Leaguers who were now rising from the trenches...

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

21 minutes ago, Azibo said:

IC: Othorak, Stalled Above Ta-Metru

He tossed him down to the lower level before jumping down himself.  The Matoran had no will to fight; Othorak simply bent down and picked him up by the nape of his neck once more before continuing down towards the back of the ship.  His sword was ready to inspire some workplace efficiency in the Matoran he sent back to get the airship moving again.

IC: Sidra - Ta-Metru (Airship)

"I thought you League types were supposed to be conquerors, not cowards," Sidra stepped out of the engine compartment and dropped down to stand before Othorak, "In the short time I've been hunting you, all I've seen you do is run away, and pick on those weaker than you." 

Now that she knew for sure he was out of the bridge, she activated a pre-prepared command on her iStone, instructing the nektann to enter the bridge and begin firing at the controls, preventing the vessel from travelling any further. 

"Suffice it to say, I'm not impressed." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Sorry for the wait, fellas

IC: Knichou, Po-Metru Sculpture Field, Bridge of the Taku

The crew was in agreement - Po-Metru was the best option for their next destination. The flight wasn't that long, Po-Metru was rather close to Onu-Metru. Arkius rested in Knichou's quarters while Kanohi nervously checked up on the systems on the lower deck again. For the majority of the trip, Stannis appeared to be meditating and Nale was inspecting her rifle, ensuring that the airship's barrel roll hadn't broken anything.

In between gaps in the clouds below, the crew could see the deep pits of Onu-Metru get replaced by the plains of Po-Metru. Instead of the vast underground complexes, now there were actual settlements on the surface. Then even those settlements disappeared, with only a seemingly endless field of statues below. The sculpture fields held entire generations worth of art, thousands of legacies literally etched in stone, to the point where the names of some of the earlier masters were long forgotten. By far the most low-tech area of Metru Nui, the expanse of the sculpture fields were the perfect place to hide an airship of fugitives. Knichou suspected that they weren't the only ones - or things, for that matter - hiding in this array of canyons.

The airship descended to rest near a canyon wall, and Knichou switched off the main engines. "Please keep your arms and legs inside the airship as we come to a complete stop, and thank you for flying Nynrah Airlines," Knichou joked over the intercom as he turned off the engines and pulled the lever to open the cargo bay doors at the back of the airship. The crew assembled in the bridge to discuss their next move.

"Well everybody, we're back on the surface and I'm pretty sure we weren't followed. Now that I'm not responsible for keeping everyone from falling to their deaths, Stannis and I can search the memory crystal I found on Nuparu's body. Once we do that we'll have a better idea of what our next steps are."

Knichou turned to Nale and Arkius. "As I've mentioned before, I suspect the great disks are involved in this invention of Nuparu - if we want to turn it on or keep it from being turned on, we're going to want control over one of those disks. If the sculpture fields are the best place for us to hide - I suspect they might be where the disk is hiding as well. While Stannis and I are reading the memory crystal, you could get a head start on that search."

Knichou pulled a handheld radio out of a compartment and tossed it to Nale "Use this to report back if you have a lead or are in trouble so we can bring the ship to you. Let's keep radio silence unless it's something important. Vahki - or worse - are probably monitoring many frequencies."

Knichou swiveled his chair to face the other side of the room. "Kanohi, thank you for getting most of the important repairs done during the flight, now the only real issue with the ship now is that the bow's lower hull is beaten up pretty badly. See if you can straighten it out a bit so we don't look like we just returned from the front lines whenever we fly to a populated area. Hopefully when you're done Stannis and I will have a better idea of what our next steps are, or we'll be able to fly over to Nale and Arkius."

"Oh and Stannis - before we figure out what was going on in Nuparu's head, our anchor is in need of replacement. There's a lot of stone around, I'm sure you can put something together."

Knichou paused for a moment, realizing he had given quite the lengthy set of orders. Being a former Ghost, he always preferred to work alone and relatively independently - but somehow his position of being the one in the driver's seat for a battle lead to him feeling more 'in charge' than he really had any normal reason to be.

"Any objections?"

Edited by BULiK
formatting

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (now in Po-Metru)

She turned the radio over in her hand.
"Nope," she replied, pocketing it. "Good luck with that...crystal thing," she said to Stannis and Knichou, giving a nod to the Po-Toa. She exited the bridge with Arkius in tow.

Like a movie, the scene dissolved into the next as the two Toa walked away from the airship, now in the desert canyons and hot sun of Po-Metru. Nale was slightly ahead of her Onu-Toa brother.
"Been a while since my last visit here," she said. "Hopefully we can find this disk before any wannabe treasure hunters snag it."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

A flash of red shook Okuo out of his focus, and as he looked up to the sky, he noticed something wasn't quite right. Stars and suns, moons and a red horizon... That wasn't how the sky was supposed to look. Something was wrong. He could feel it in his bones. Quickly, while no one was looking, Okuo went about extracting a level 4 ga-metru disk of repair from the shelves and stow it a way on his invisible person. Before he could retrieve the component disks for a disk of healing, out of the corner of his eye he noticed a Vahki walk into the alleyway. Its movements weren't natural, its patrol was completely irregular, and-

And before Okuo's eyes the Vahki shape shifted into a Toa of Water. Was... was this a Toa using a Mahiki? One of those rogue toa vigilantes? Okuo couldn't afford to spend time thinking about that right now. They needed disks and they needed to get back to Vhisola. Deftly lifting one, then two of the component disks out of their respective compartments, Okuo stealthily retreated out of the shop, making his way back into the air with no one the wiser. Landing on the rooftop, Okuo breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing the pod undisturbed, and put down the disks he'd retrieved. He peered down to the street again, his eyes narrowing on the fake Vahki, and potentially fake toa?

"Who are you?" He whispered so that only he could hear. He'd have to look into it later. Right now he had an attempted murder victim to tend to and an authoritarian police force to evade, not to mention the assassins that were sent for her. He didn't get it, the hit had been called off, why was she still targeted? Maybe the dark hunters, if that guy back at Vhisola's place was to be believed on them being behind this, weren't as much an tight knit organisation of assassins as they were a rabble of unruly brigands and mercenaries. He wasn't sure which thought terrified him more.

Okuo shook his head of these thoughts and looked back down off the roof, his invisible eyes scanning the alleyway. He was going to have to wait for anyone below to move on before he could ascend to a more hidden location up above with Vhisola's pod.

IC: Arkius - Po-Metru

Arkius stretched his leg. Earlier Stannis had done his best to heal the wounds he'd endured from his own recklessness, and now it was good as new... well, mostly good as new. The healed wounds and repaired mechanical components were still vulnerable, more vulnerable than the rest of his body. The leg would need time to heal properly, and until then, he wouldn't be able to rely on it as much as everything else. On a more positive note, Arkius could feel control return to him over his mask, and as he bent and straightened the previously injured knee, he listened in on the plan Knichou laid out for them. Nale and him were to go find the Great Disk of Po-Metru. Sounded simple enough. 

With a mild limp to his step, Arkius walked out of the airship after Nale, taking in a deep breath of fresh air as his eyes moved over the windswept canyon and the massive sculptures carved therein. It was a beautiful place. One connected deeply with his own element, albeit without the enveloping softness which Earth could provide. "Well, if we do encounter some prospective disk seekers, we can always negotiate... that's if they're matoran, that is. Not that I can fathom why, but if we encounter someone else, something else, out there, we'll have to be careful."

Arkius turned to Nale, a playful smirk on his face. "Say, how much experience do you have with playing interspecies diplomacy by ear?"

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Metru

"I'm no Rau-wearer," Nale quipped back, smiling. "I doubt there's many looking for the disks who aren't Matoran, they'd be the ones most enticed by the promise of Toa power." She looked ahead at some distant sculptures, remembering past events from her life. "I hope they find out it's not all it's cracked up to be, you know? This isn't a job for just anyone."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Othorak, Ta-Metru Skies

"I thought you League types were supposed to be conquerors, not cowards. In the short time I've been hunting you, all I've seen you do is run away, and pick on those weaker than you." 

Othorak's foe had followed after all.  All he could do was lick his lips.  "Suffice it to say, I'm not impressed."  Othorak never took his eyes off the chest of the mercenary, but his ears couldn't help hearing some blaster fire back towards the cockpit.  "Was this Dark Hunter executing the Matoran?"  Othorak didn't get this opponent.  She had some gadgets, some natural powers, and some unclear motives, along with a few blades.  Othorak had to be ready for anything.

"I wouldn't call it cowardice. No, I'd call it focused."  Othorak stepped forward cautiously.  He made it a point to keep the captured Matoran firmly in his grasp a shield between him and the Dark Hunter.  "If you just had your toy annihilate the Matoran, then congratulations.  You only saved me the effort of doing it myself."  He pressed his broadsword to the throat of the Matoran he held up.  "Something tells me you aren't the type to kill whatever gets in your way.  Weak!  I am the greatest warrior Stelt has ever seen!  You'll die today!" 

Othorak threw the Matoran straight towards the Dark Hunter, and a moment behind he rushed forward as well, sword ready to strike wherever the green assassin may flock to.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

The large toa nodded solemnly and frowned. "I wish I remembered what it was like. Being one of them. I've always tried to relate to our smaller kin but..." Arkius sighed. "I suppose when I've always been this large, with this power at my disposal, I shouldn't expect relating to those smaller than myself to be easy. Then again, perhaps it is not my place to understand or relate to them, but simply to protect them."

She saw the attack coming. This beast had already used Matoran as shields before, and it stood to reason he would attempt something similar again. So, when Othorak shoved the Matoran towards her, Sidra braced herself, and pushed the unfortunate hostage right back the way they'd come. 

OOC: @Azibo return to sender

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Perhaps," she echoed, kicking a small rock along. "I have memories, still, of being a Matoran back on my home island and...it was nothing like here. Like Metru Nui. Everything felt more relaxed. No Vahki breathing down your neck the moment you seemingly stepped out of line, nor this oppressive environment of work above all else, even your own health." Nale sighed. "Being a Toa comes with all these duties you can't really imagine as a Matoran. Putting your life on the line and getting into situations you may not walk out of. It may be thrilling, at first, but as you get older..."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Well, this life is all I've ever really known. But I agree. With age come ever more harsh lessons, and one can find their perspective shifting. I won't pretend to know how your first years as a toa felt like, but mine were marked by a marked absence of past for the first years. I don't know if the matoran who first took me in had encountered someone like me before, a toa who had never been a matoran. I won't assert that to be the whole truth, but that was the perception those villagers had of me. Still... I did my best. Diverted stampedes away from the village, discouraged local raiders from targeting the matoran, the usual. And then-" As the two of them walked along, Arkius looked up at the sky, putting his hand up to shield his eyes from the suns. There was a long sigh that escaped his lips as he looked back to the ground, his eyes narrowing with an expression of shame creeping across his features.

"I never saw it coming. One day the village was there, the next it was rubble strewn with the broken bodies of the matoran I'd sworn to protect. I'd gotten careless in my duty and in my carelessness I lost focus, and in that weakness I invited... death." Arkius was taken aback as when he uttered that last word a bright flash of red seemed to flood the world, almost blinding, before leaving as fast as it appeared. In its stead, Arkius noticed the sky above changing. A night sky, stars and moons, but soon he could see the suns he'd looked upon but a moment earlier appear again alongside the stars. And as his eyes moved down from above to the horizon, he could see a deep red glow encircling the world where the sky met the sea.

"That's... not supposed to happen." Arkius remarked, as if oblivious to how obvious that was. "We need to be careful. Something's gone terribly wrong."

Edited by Onaku

IC: Othorak, Showdown in the Sky

"So, it's going to be like this then," Othorak thought.  His foe had forced the Matoran back at him.  Othorak realized there was only one way this battle was going to go now.  "So be it."  Othorak has prepared his sword arm to strike down his foe.  Instead, his blade crashed through the body of his hostage.  One half collapsed on either side of his frame.

"Nothing to get in our way now," Othorak smiled.  He resumed his charge towards the Dark Hunter, sweeping his sword horizontally, hoping to cleave her in half as well.

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Kanohi bowed deep, his broken masks rattling as he dipped low. “Okay, Mr. Ghost.” He was more caught up now, it could be hard for him to listen to long conversations, especially under pressure, but he got the gist. And since Stannis and Knichou would be handling the Crystal right now, then they would know if Kanohi could be trusted with the truth, or how much he should know. And that made things simpler. And he, he had done good here. He had helped. Done his duty, 

But as he bowed, his hip brushed against his disk launcher. He winced, he was not going to necessarily have access to many more disks in the future. He might need to space out his disks more. But he was going to fix the hull…

The Fe-Matoran suddenly sprinted off to the shed, and then to the tools he had stowed near the engine. He grabbed anything he thought that could be useful, before finial,y heading outside.

But shortly after he departed, Kanohi poked his head back inside the airship and asked, “Um, Toa Stannis. Is it common for the skies of Metru-Nui to be red?

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

At least it was quick, Sidra grimaced as flecks of oily Matoran ichor spattered her mask. 

As Othorak's sword swept towards her torso, she let herself fall backwards, throwing back her hands to catch herself from going completely prone. The sword scythed through the air where her midriff had been mere moments ago, and Sidra brought her foot upwards in a vicious kick towards Othorak's sword hand. 

Sidra more than ducked; she practically fell backwards as she dodged Othorak's swing.  His sword broke off another pipe from the convoluted airship mechanisms, billowing steam into the scene.  He drew back his sword to swing again, yet was stopped by the Dark Hunter's foot pounding into his sword hand.  His arm flew back and his stance wavered a bit, so while before attempting to use his sword again, he launched a sickly Rhotuka from his chest straight down towards the wretched mercenary.

As the rhotuka revolved into existence, Sidra rolled to the side, the projectile striking the floor as she sprang to her feet. She drew her sword from its sheath and brought it sweeping towards Othorak's torso in the same smooth motion, dialing the blade's density down to intangible as she did so.

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC Stannis | Po-Metru

Stannis stood by approvingly while Knichou gave his directives to the gathered group, content to see the former Ghost command. In their relatively short time together the old toa had grown fond of the Fe-Matoran, particularly of his attitude and assuredness. Knichou was a leader, reluctant though he may be, and was at least able to come up with goals and communicate them effectively. It reminded Stannis of himself when he was a matoran soldier in a faraway land, long before he became a toa hero, and right about when he realized he was destined for greater things than guarding a section of lava tubes. Trying times either made people become the heroes they idolized or become the victims they feared to be, and it was satisfying to see Knichou rise to the occasion. If there was to be a great disk to be found and a toa to be made, he would be an excellent candidate, Stannis thought.  

The mention of the memory crystal seemed to renew his interest in it. He certainly wished to know more about the contents, and though he possessed almost infinite patience he still was reticent to delay analysis of the artefact, owing that it well could shed light on the current machinations of government and shadow governments in the City of Legends—getting to the bottom of those things and working to rectify the broken systems to better fight the Barraki was his general focus, after all. He briefly opened his mouth to ask for the crystal right then, but just as soon closed it and moved on from the matter.

"Oh, and Stannis," Knichou said, "before we figure out what was going on in Nuparu's head, our anchor is in need of replacement. There's a lot of stone around, I'm sure you can put something together."

"Repairs to anchors and moorages are not in my field of expertise, Knichou," he said in reply, "but I think with Kanohi's help and advice I will see what I can do. I will also investigate the area to be sure of our safety," he offered. Once he and Kanohi stepped out of the airship he pulled out a long pipe from his voluminous sleeve and lit it with a match. He was eager to ensure the safety of his new friends, but also desired the brief respite his smoking pastime provided. His long cloak flowed free and open in the harsh Po-Metru heat, and he welcomed the occasional gust of desert air for its refreshing effects, but not the heat. For a Toa of Stone he did not particularly enjoy his native landscapes, and it was apparent that Stannis was much more at home anywhere that wasn't directly stone-affiliated, a trait that lended well to his tendency to wander freely across the universe. 

He and Kanohi were just about to begin work on rigging some replacement for the anchor when a dramatic change in the atmosphere that threw his danger senses into overdrive. “Um, Toa Stannis..." Kanohi cautiously said in an shocked tone as he looked upward, "is it common for the skies of Metru-Nui to be red?

Toa Stannis, however, slowly looked up at the vermillion firmament, agog and aghast at once at the sudden dreadful phenomenon. "No, this is highly suspect," he said slowly. And then, low and under his breath, he said, "... What the [eff], Mata Nui?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

She looked at the sky for a moment, bewildered, then shook her head. "Maybe it's a sign from god," Nale said, half-serious. "Maybe Mata Nui is sick of all this nonsense."

She quickly turned her attention back to the matter at hand, ignoring a feeling of dread creeping up on her. Arkius' talk of his past was still fresh in her mind, and she decided it'd be best to continue that conversation rather than worry about the anomaly above them.

"That...must have been terrible," Nale said, "losing everyone like that. I...I can't imagine a toll something like that must take on a person." She stopped walking and looked at her Onu-Toa brother. "You are a good warrior, I can sense as much. You said yourself we shouldn't forget the past--but don't let it weigh heavy on your heart."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"That pain is a lesson that I will always carry with me. It is, and always will be, my first and most fundamental mistake. It hurts less as time goes on, but I mustn't let the pain fade completely. I need to remember." Arkius let out a deep breath, his eyes still on the scarlet horizon. He then turned to Nale, hands on his hips, the pained expression fading into a determined one. "But that's enough of the past. Right now we need to focus on the present. We need to find the Great Disk of Po-Metru. I don't have much experience with this district, so I gotta ask; any ideas, sister?"

"There's nooks and crannies all over this Metru for someone to hide a disk in. Could be anywhere, but these sculpture fields are probably our best bet at the moment."

She looked around, then walked up to a sculpture and started feeling around it.

"Maybe there's a hidden lever or something on one of these things."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - Po-Metru

How … how could the sky turn red? Turn the color of a fiery heartlight as easily as a Huna user could vanish? How … how was this possible. Was it Mata-Nui, showing an omen? Or … or could it be the project Dume had been building? Did he already have at least some of the Great Disks, assuming The project was what he needed the disks for? And if it was an omen of Mata-Nui, what did it mean? Kanohi … vaguely recalled a legend, maybe it was just a fable, maybe not, but he still muttered, “the Red Star?”

He … he struggled to remember those legend now, but it was clear to see that the reddened sky stretched far across the horizon, as far as he could see through the lowlands of Po-Metru. It was … endless, just an unblinking eye.

Kanohi shuttered with unease, and swallowed. He couldn’t do anything about a crimson sky, he wasn’t even sure a Toa could. But he could fix the hull. So with a wiggle of his fingers he aimed his grappling gun. He launched to the side of the hull, and began to grapple around it, trying to get a feel for the damage. 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach

Pardehi looked up at the sky, incredulous. The light of the twin suns had faded to a faint glimmer, replaced by an eerie red glow along the edges of the horizon. Above him, the stars shined brightly like midnight, though it had been early afternoon before the sky turned.

"What the karzahni?" he exclaimed aloud. He turned to Jephro. "Are you seeing this?" Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something moving. The corpses littering the grey shores of the beach were twitching, moving like tree branches in a powerful storm.

He looked back in the direction of the shoreline and was greeted with a grotesque sight. Thom, the skakdi marksman, had been pinned under the body of a Steltian bruiser - the same one he ahd shot earlier from the looks of it - unable to throw off the much larger being. He watched in horror as the bruiser began tearing through Thom's armor, like a Nui-Kopen with a fresh-caught gafna.

It was a horrifying site. Although he had known Thom for less than an hour, they had already been through too much together for him to leave him to his fate. He load a 236 disk into his launcher and took aim. The disk would severely weaken the corpse, allowing Thom to through it off and make his escape. He prayed his aim was good enough to make the shot from here and not to hit Thom by mistake. He fired.

OOC: @Dane Pardehi is firing a weakness disk into the reanimated bruiser. He hopes it will be weakened enough for Thom to break free.

IC: Tugarak - Nynrah Wreck

"Maxor! Where are you?" Tugarak looked around, and realized that Maxor was nowhere to be seen. He must have been left back in the cave. Cursing under his breath, he turned around and ran into the mouth of the cave. He had to make sure the cube made it into Carapar's hands at all costs. If he could, he would even save his passenger too.

OOC: @Smudge8 Tugarak is reentering the cave to retrieve the cube and save Maxor.

Arkius stroked his chin thoughtfully, his eyes gazing across the sculpturescape. "I don't know... a random hidden lever feels a bit too guessy, and trying to find one in this canyon could take days. I think we should start big, try to find some place here that's out of the ordinary."

IC: Thom - Silver Beach ("WHAT, I WAS ONLY TAKING A NAP!")

Something snapped.

Chronological time near halted as the unnatural body of flesh currently tearing Thom to ribbons sluggishly glanced to the side just as a disc smashed into his head, pieces of Kanoka frozen brilliantly.

Thom didn't even have to think. 

Within a split second, the bright white mercenary bridged his lower half upwards and twisted to the side, gasping in pain as his chest flared up again from the exertion but still managing to throw the Bruiser off him. 

Snarls and half-spoken sentences were spat from the unholy creature's mouth as the Sicario shot upwards in an adrenal surge granted by his ally's sudden intervention. A cocky, energised smirk smeared itself across the Skakdi's mouth. 

The zombie stood itself up, but didn't make it more than a few inches before a deafening cacophony of lead blasted itself into its already fractured skull, Ta-Metru forged protodermis slugs sending metal and ichor splattering all over the sand.

Click. Click. Click.

Thom's finger softened on the trigger finally, halted only by the lack of ammunition in his revolver. Ichor and blood poured from his partially ripped open chest, yet he was still alive.

OOC: Pardehi has successfully saved Thom's life.

• Like 4

Some times it works...

Nale started looking around again. "Out of the ordinary? Like a statue of a Po-Matoran on one knee, holding up the sky? Scratch that--I'm sure some egotist has done that one already and put his face on it. Some tall monolith that says 'Great Disk here' in big letters?"

If only it was that easy.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Lets just keep an eye out for anything that's out of the ordinary here. And I don't mean just an unusual sculpture, although if it's really bizarre, it may.warrant inspection. What I mean is something that doesn't quite fit with the rest of this canyon. I have a feeling we'll know what we're looking for when we find it. Lets get going." With that, Arkius set off to explore the Sculpture Fields for anything that stood out among the manifold carved stone structures that dominated the canyon landscape.

Sidra dodged again, and now countered with her own blade.  Othorak thought it some Xian tech, though he didn't recognize it.  At any rate, he resolved to fall back on his strength.  He swung his broadsword to meet the Dark Hunter's swing, hoping to push both blades back into the emerald assassin

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Sans, The Notch

After some time, Sans led the party back to where they started, a little wet and a little sore form their previous attempts to solve this riddle.  He motioned towards the four marked boards, picking up the black one for himself.  "One of you mentioned having some rappelling rope, correct?  We should all shimmy down, then try our hand at this more mysterious chute, below."

OOC: @Onaku @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Azibo

OOC: mobile post

IC: Sidra - Ta-Metru (airship)

With its density still reduced, Sidra's sword passed right through Othorak's own weapon (imparting a painful electric jolt as it did). Sidra turned her body, tried to move further back, but was too slow.

The end of the titan's weapon struck her on the right side, shredding the armour of her shoulder and bicep and gashing the flesh beneath. The force of the blow battered her backwards, spinning her into the wall of the airship. 

Inhaling sharply, she tried to move her aching arm, feeling a swell of relief as she realised it still worked, though it was in no condition to lift or swing. 

With her uninjured hand, she raised her blade in a defensive motion, ready for Othorak's next attack. 

The two walked on for some time without much luck, Nale's head on a swivel as she studied each sculpture. 

Just as she felt like giving up, a detail on a statue caught her eye. Moving in closer, she could make out that it was graffiti, and after the initial reaction of "what kind of brakas would go and tag one of these things?" she realized it was a name in Matoran.

Lhii.

"Arkius?" Nale said, beckoning the Onu-Toa over, "I think I found something."

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Tekmo stopped running. He had been running all across Ga-Metru with nothing to show for it. Triki, the Great Temple, the apartment building, the killer in the water, and now in some random direction because the sky changed a little. This was most certainly not the behaviour of fearless hero, no sir. It was about time he started acting like one.

Rather than pursue things he had no chance of obtaining like the Great Disks or that aquatic assassin, he would take the fight straight to the League, out on the Silver Sea...

IC: Waveahk (Ta-Metru)

In hindsight, perhaps Ta-Metru was not the best choice for an escape route. The heat was so intense here that any moisture left on Waveahk's skin from the Canal had now evaporated. But he was more than simply hot and bothered - his mutated metabolism required constant hydration to maintain optimal physical performance. If stealth had not been a priority and waterways not so prevalent within this city, he would have brought numerous flasks of water to replenish himself. But no. He was now slightly delirious from dehydration, the psychedelic status of the sky not helping.

As such, he didn't see any problem with strolling up to what appeared to be a local and saying: "Excuse me. I appear to be lost. Do you know where I might find and destroy Toa Stannis and/or Matoran Knichou?" Waveahk knew that he wasn't supposed to be pursuing them anymore, he just didn't care. It hadn't stopped him with Vhisola. But what he didn't know was that the 'Matoran' he was speaking to was actually a fellow Dark Hunter, Vyarik.

IC: Vyarik - Ta-Metru

A cold chuckle issued from Vyarik as he turned to face what could only be a fellow Dark Hunter. To Waveahk's eye, the nonstandard mask, dual swords and skull mounted on his shoulder would likely be enough to indicate the being he had chosen to converse with was far more than a Matoran.

"I wish I did," he growled, "I have a score to settle with those two."

• Like 2

IC: Vyarik - Ta-Metru (Streets)

"I know. I followed them, even made it onto their airship... before one of them somehow teleported me away," he replied, "Even if the bounty is cancelled... I have a score to settle." 
  • Like 1

IC: Mazor-Mysterious Island @Biological Chronicler

As Turugak ran back in the cave Mazor was exiting. "I'm right here," he called, holding the object wrapped up in a cloth. He stood at the mouth of the cave, partially in awe, partialy in fear, at what had happened. 

He shook his head, clearing the shock, and started runing towards the ship, drawing his sword to defend himself.

IC: Jephro-Beach assault @Biological Chronicler

"You mean the red sky?" Jephro asked, sounding woozy. "Yeah, I see that."

Not far away the corpse of Jepro's opponent, who had been dealt a finishing blow by the canon blast, started limping towards them.

"Man," Jephro Mumbled, "You don't know when to quit." With the last of his elemental energy Jepro cut off the zombie's gravity, sending it floating harmlessly into the sky.

IC: Informant-Po-Koro 

As the dupe cruzed on his way to Le-Metru the real Informant was crouched somewhere amongst the caverns of Po-Koro, furiously writing notes. His work finaly done, he took a moment to rest. 

Wait, He thought, I'm in Po-Metru, I could try finding the great disks. That would give the shadowed one a barganing chip. He sat for a moment, He already had one dupe on call. He could support maybe two more, it was hard to support them while they were far away. He shook his head. He needed more info. 

He conjured up two more duplicates and explained the situation. "I'm not sure I can support all three of you for too long, but I need you to go scout the area, see if you can find any information on the great disks." 

The dupes nodded, and headed out. 

OOC: Just figured Informant would want to do that, might show up where other people are looking for the disks, might not.

IC: Paju and Ellie-Ga-Metru @Click @Onaku

Ellie was charging across Ga-Metru, and, while she would normaly enjoy this, Paju was freaking out. Ellie was running through structures with abandon. It was frightening. 

"Please stop!" Paju shouted, pulling back on the handles of the saddle. The shout shocked Ellie out of her panic, she turned tangable, and dug her claws in to slow down. She was still going pretty fast though, headed right towards a Ga-Toa standing in an alley.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

I approached the Vahki and gave a slight nod--a habitual greeting, I knew it meant nothing to these machines. 

"Greetings," I said, "we...this woman is looking for one of the Great Disks. Can we go inside and have a look around?" I glanced behind me at Zecrillia and Gessai. "I'm security. I'll make sure they don't get into anything they're not supposed to."

Obviously trying to find anything in here would require getting into places one was not supposed to be in, but I hoped it would be extra reassurance.

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Leonn - Ta-Metru ("You Know My Name")

Meters away from Vyarik and Waveahk, a jungle green Skakdi lurked on the sweltering pavement nearby. Amber eyes curiously turned to the conversation that was currently occurring between the Dark Hunters.

Smoothed claws scrolled down from his IStone, turning the device's screen off. Takadox's contact was on speed dial in case he had to make an emergency leak to his master. Of course, with Leonn, he'd never have to do that.

With a trained casual stride Leonn made his way over to the scheming assassins, waving to Vyarik as if familiar with the Hunter. Of course, he most definitely wasn't, but prejudice worked in the Skakdi's favour for once, as his species were commonly recruited as Dark Hunter operatives. 

"You pair who I assume you are?" Leonn asked, in a faux-hush tone, like spilling a hot secret.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

IC: Thom - Silver Beach Assault (By the skin of his teeth...)

Pain set in to the cocky Skakdi's body as soon as the zombie bit the dust. He groaned out loud, putting a hand over his chest to stop the flow of ichor.

"Ah karzin' hate this beach. Why's tha sky karzin' red?!" He sputtered, clumsily managing to slide his revolver back into its holster.

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

• Like 1

IC: Tugarak - Mysterious Island

"Good, you're alive". Much to Tugarak's relief, Mazor was indeed alive, at least as much as a being in his condition could be considered living. "There's no time to waste. I will take you to the Ripple." He turned around and ran back in the direction of his ship, periodically turning his head to make sure Mazor was still close behind.

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach

Pardehi watched as the corpse sailed up into the sky, released from the tether of gravity. Even in his injured state, this toa would be a good friend to have on his side.

He glanced in Thom's direction again, hoping his disk had done the trick. The bruiser was dead - or inanimate,rather - once again. Thom, however, looked half dead himself. His chest armor had been breached, and dark ichor flowed onto the sands around him. It seemed that he would be in need of Pardehi's surgical skills once again.

He looked back at Jephro. As much as he wanted to intervene on Thom's behalf, he could not abandon his current patient. He cursed silently. Why had he been the only medic in his entire unit to make it to these accursed shores?

"Do you feel well enough to walk?" He asked Jephro. "A friend of mine needs our help."

OOC: @Dane@Smudge8

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

Karista looked up as some kind of disturbance moved up the street... right into the eyes of a charging Phase Dragon. In her panic, she did the first thing she could think of: she shifted into the form of a Kewa and flapped hard, lifting her up to the rooftops. She perched on the edge there, nervously pacing and pecking, the same fearful thought of, They found me! running through her head.

Edited by Click

That sword tech was nice.  Othorak would have to get something like it.  It surely inflicted quite the shock to him.  The pain was searing; it was almost like his insides fried for a moment.  His foe took a hit too, though, and seemed pretty hurt as well.  The sensation gave Othorak an idea.  He activated his Faxon and thought about those curious little critters... Hoto Beetles.  He felt his body heating up... same as those Rahi as they burned they're way through the earth and stone and even some buildings, much to the Matoran's dismay.  Sidra took a defensive stance, "Perfect," Othorak thought.  He jumped back, landing on top of some of the engine parts.  Steam evaporated off his scalding armor, and he too took a defensive position.  If the Dark Hunter wanted to stop him, she'd have to get close.  Close enough to grapple, and maybe melt away in his hands...

OOC: @Nato the Traveler sorry for slow responses

On 2/16/2020 at 6:37 PM, Azibo said:

IC: Sans, The Notch

IC Alpinist | Le-Metru

The Alpinist did not seem convinced and in fact moved to cut Sans short from walking to the black chute so quickly. He was worried that the old man would do the same thing a third time and leap into the unknown and possibly making things worse, and the matoran was still slightly frustrated at how Sans almost crushed him in the pool. "My friend the Cartographer has rope," he said ponderously, "but that does not seem like the wisest idea, turaga.

He cleared his threat before speaking further to elaborate on his concern. "I spend my days on towers, climbing from edifice to edifice with few safeguards, but a few moments ago I fell more than I have in years and I am not happy about that. These chutes are dangerous to go through, and while that thrills me there's no reason for us to fling ourselves into this puzzle and die fruitlessly. Some of us may have death wishes," he said sharply, leaving it vague who he referred to, "but I would rather us retrieve the great disc alive. Now, Sans, you took the Duty path and you said it was a gentle path and wound up with a... room with a lizard... right?" he said and waited for Sans to nod once before he made an okay boomer face and continued narrating. It seemed like the information and experiences from the Notch wasn't clear to everybody, and the Alpinist wanted there to be a plan for the rest of the puzzle, and that involved everybody being on the same page first. 

"My path, as you all saw, was less gentle and the route I chose at the intersection obviously was a dead end. Thankfully, we can't take that again because the frozen end would just block the fluids up so the current can't pull us in next time. But it was the Unity chute, if these charms are to mean anything to us, and there were three other paths we could have taken. The white chute is still an unknown to us but it does say Accuracy, and now you have discovered this fourth, black route. Did we notice any charm symbol around that one that could give us a clue as to what it could hold? Because I want to make sure we are taking calculated risks before moving forward from here."

IC Stannis | Po-Metru

The old toa finally noticed the damage Knichou had referred to, and indeed there was a length of chain that dangled without an anchor at its end. With a thought, he pulled a boulder to the chain and joined the two, then strolled off in another direction to investigate the area around the airship. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua