Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sidra - Ta-Metru (Airship)

"What are you hoping to achieve?" Sidra held her stance, none too eager to get within striking distance of her far-stronger opponent, "One wrecked chute and a few dead Matoran isn't going to destroy Metru Nui. You can't fight a whole city." 

Were Othorak to focus on her face, he would notice that Sidra's crimson eyes had taken on a vibrant glow as she attempted to exert her hypnotic powers against him. "I've disabled this airship. You aren't going anywhere, and the Vahki are no doubt on their way. Wouldn't it be easier to just give in? You've made your statement, played your part... don't you want to rest? You've earned it."

OOC: All good, @Azibo I know life can get busy. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Othorak, Ta-Metru Skies

For a few moments, both fighters just... faced off against one another, neither making the next move.  Then, she spoke.  "What are you hoping to achieve? One wrecked chute and a few dead Matoran isn't going to destroy Metru Nui. You can't fight a whole city." She was right.  So far, Othorak hadn't truly affected the war effort at all, except maybe inconvenience some trade and spread panic among the citizens of Metru Nui.  "I've disabled this airship. You aren't going anywhere, and the Vahki are no doubt on their way. Wouldn't it be easier to just give in? You've made your statement, played your part... don't you want to rest? You've earned it."  Othorak was tired.  Maybe he could use some sleep.

But then again, all he did in that apartment was sleep.  He had to finish his mission.  He couldn't fail the Barraki.  But would it be so bad if he called it quits here?  "Why would I even consider..." Othorak's mind raced with conflicting thoughts.  "I won't fail!  If I did fail though..."  Time almost stopped as he fought this inward battle.  The engine didn't feel the same, though.  Othorak's body temperature was rapidly rising.  His heavy feet began to sink into the machine as pipes creaked and bent, spewing steam and sounding whistles as they contorted.  Gears started jamming and levers started failing.  Around the parts of him that touched the engine, the metal was started to glow red with heat.  The ship bulked to the side, and something started to feel off.  It was almost like they airship was speeding up again...

The jerking vehicle broke Othorak's eye contact with Sidra.  His mind rapidly cleared.  "You! You think such cheap tricks would stop me? I CANNOT BE STOPPED!" Othorak fired another Rhotuka from his chest and drew his sword-arm across his maw, ready to unleash a fierce backhanded swing if the Dark Hunter dared approach him in response.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Sidra - Ta-Metru (Airship) 

"I've already stopped you," Sidra retorted, turning side-on and stepping away to evade the projectile. 

She replied in kind, drawing and hip-firing her own rhotuka launcher with her right hand. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arkius - Po-Metru

Arkius turned to look, before turning to Nale with an incredulous expression. "Graffiti?" Arkius turned back to the graffiti, peering at it. "What's so significant about-" In the midst of those words was when Arkius' face contorted out of incredulousness into surprise. "Lhii? As in... Lhikan? Still, this is just a single tag, it might not mean anyth-" Arkius went silent as his eyes noticed more tags on statues further away. "... sister, I think we may have found what we're looking for."

After exploring the area, Arkius and Nale discovered that there were a multitude of tagged statues in a circle with about a five minute walk as its circumference. Upon closer inspection, they discovered the tags colours also had a pattern, with red tags forming the outermost ring of the area, then orange tags forming an inner circle, then yellow...

As Arkius neared the center of the circle, he turned to Nale with a hopeful look. "Perhaps we will find our answer in the middle."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Tarn

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

Okuo froze up as the shapeshifter, now in the shape of a bird, flew up to perch on the roof he and Vhisola's pod hid on. His mind was racing. A cursory glance at his hand confirmed that he was still invisible, so he couldn't have been seen... but the pod. The kanoka disks. For the moment the bird seemed more concerned with the Phase Dragon down on the street, but one look over here and there could be trouble. Okuo didn't quite know what to do, but slowly and quietly he took out his launcher and kept it at the ready in case things got ugly.

OOC: @Click

IC: Vyarik - Ta Metru (Streets)

"That's not what he meant," Vyarik rolled his eyes, "We're Dark Hunters. And you are?" 

• Like 1

IC: Leonn - Ta-Metru (Streets)

Leonn smirked at Waveahk's rather blunt and literal response.

"It seems I am in the right company, then. Codename's 'Ghost', I was on a trail before the network went down."

A lie, but it had been practiced well enough that it might well have been the truth to Leonn. He had alternate identities for every faction in Metru-Nui, though their usefulness tended to vary.

The Skakdi of Air's body posture was as neutral as he could manage, and his eyes curiously searched among the two's gazes, already attempting to try and work them out.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

Edited by Dane
colour!
  • Like 1

IC: Othorak, Ta-Metru Skies

Othorak saw the attack coming, yet wasn't so sure he could stop it.  As Sidra's Rhotuka spun towards him, he swung his sword and tried to bat it out of the air.  It worked... kinda.  He couldn't move much while standing atop the melting engine, but he shifted as much he could while his sword smacked the spinner.  The top quarter or so of his sword was shredded instantly.  It was still sharp, so it could still kill, but Othorak would be lying to say he felt safe using a broken blade.  As for the Rhotuka, its trajectory angled down sharply.  It crashed into the engine beneath his feet, skinning the bottom of the foot opposite the one attached to his wounded leg.  Walking would be painful now.  But not as painful as what he knew was coming next.

"No, Huntress.  You've already lost!"  Othorak allowed himself to fall backwards onto more of the exposed engine.  His entire body was glowing with heat, as was the metal all around him as he began to sink into the machine.  He seemed to be melting away, along with the engine itself.  His feet started falling through into open skies.  Othorak pointed his broken sword tip towards his adversary as if asking her to try him one more time.  Cold air began rushing into the cargo bay as an Othorak-sized hole began to open up around him.  The integrity of the ship was compromised, and soon the engine itself and many pipes and poles around it began to sink, with some smaller, already disconnected pieces of metal falling outside the ship.  

"This ride was never going to land!  You've doomed yourself, Dark Hunter!  I'll see you in Karzahni!" Othorak's body finally plunged through the malleable metal warped from his heat.  For a moment, he felt pinned to the underside of the airship, before he slid across the exterior and was flung out behind the ship.  The airship was falling much faster than him now.

Othorak deactivated his mask, and as his body cooled, he looked out over Metru-Nui.  "The City of Legends," he thought.  Below him he could see lands of Ta- and Le- and even Ko-Metru.  He could see the coliseum jutting into the sky like a dagger into the skyline.  The skies truly had changed; there was a tint of red and the stars were out along with the suns.  It was beautiful, yet Othorak hoped to see it all smoldering under the banners of the League someday.  For now, he had done his part.  As he fell free towards Ta-Metru, he observed in the distance the Great Furnace.  "I didn't hit it... I failed."  Othorak was more sad than angry, now.  He wondered how his superiors would view his mission.

He kept falling.  The airship wasn't totally wasted.  It seemed to be heading for a collision with many of the buildings that had smoke billowing from their rooftops.  "At least some forges and furnaces will be destroyed, if not the furnace and forge of the city."  There was some pride in such thoughts.  Othorak wondered if his Dark Hunter foe would survive.  She seemed to have teleportation powers, so maybe she'd find a way to safety.  Othorak couldn't say the same for himself.  He wouldn't be able to summon some borrowed teleportation powers now like he had hoped.  "If only this mask could grant me wings."  Othorak sheathed his broken broadsword, and took one last look underneath him.  The gaping airship, the forges below about to be decimated, the chaos and destruction he had wrought, the Coliseum standing unaffected by it all.  As big as he was, up in these skies, Othorak couldn't help feeling so small.

Then he felt his body stiffed.  Ignoring the migraine he was giving himself, Othorak put every effort forward to using his Faxon.  "If I can't fly away, I'll just have to survive the fall..." And so he borrowed the carapace exteriors of many shoreline Rahi.  He crossed his arms on his chest and tried to ball up his legs some before his body grew so stiff and hard he wouldn't be able to use any joints.  Othorak fell faster and faster and the wind whistled through the holes in his Kanohi.  

The last thing he saw before closing his eyes- perhaps forever- was the mangled airship spewing parts from the hole in its belly as the body began to twirl in the air ungracefully.  It wasn't flying forward much, nor was it totally a straight drop down.  It crashed into the rooftops of Ta-Metru, collapsing countless buildings.  Othorak saw fires exploding on the scene.  But he wouldn't get to see the airship come to a stop.  Instead, his eyes hardened shut, and his body fell, faster and faster.  The Steltian wasn't even sure this plan would work and he would walk away from this crash, but that was the price he was prepared to pay.  "In service of the League, and for Kalmah's glory.  It's in Mata-Nui's hands now..."

Time had no meaning as the shell-skinned warrior plummeted, until it seemed to stop the moment his battle-worn body crashed through a building and into the unforgiving earth....

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Mazor-Mysterious Island 

Mazor sprinted for the ship. the object clutched in one hand, swinging his sword in the other. The zombie matoran weren't a huge threat, not any more than normal matoran could be, but avoiding them was somewhat challenging. Still, he was almost back to the ship.

IC: Jephro-Beach assault @Biological Chronicler

Jephro nodded. "I-I think so, but I think I'm out of energy, I might need to take it slow."

IC: Paju and Ellie-Ga-Metru @Click @Onaku

Ellie skidded to a stop right where Karista had been standing. Paju immediatly opened her eyes, dismounted, and ran around front to pet Ellie's face. "It's ok," She said smoothly. "The sky scared you didn't it. Me too, but we'll be fine." Ellie was calmer, but now she was stairing intently at something on the roof.

"What's wrong?" Paju looked around and couldn't see anyone other than the bird that they had nerely run over. "Sorry ms. Bird." Paju called out, slightly embaresed. She didn't know why she was talking to a bird, but it helped her calm down. "She's normally quite tame."

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC Kanohi - Po-Metru

The crimson skies were … distracting. The red tint it gave to the world below distorted cracks, masked sparks and leaks, it was blinding despite its brightness. Still he managed, and began to grapple to the weak points, welding the ruptured metal shut as much as he could, before reinforcing the repairs with a few of his Kanoka of Regeneration. The hull was beginning to mend, though it was strange how it was damaged. Like a massive beast had raked its claw across its side.

It was dangerous work. Not because Kanohi was incompetent, but the presence of  the red sky utterly masked his torch’s glow. Every time he welded shut some gashes and tears, his aim was slightly off, leaving ugly grooves and seemingly melted patches. It was fine but it was … not worthy of a Nynrah Ghost. Kanohi felt his hands tremble with unease, the guilt of ruining the Taku’s finish stressing him. He just … he had to do a good job. 

This strange red sky, what created it? And why? He wanted Toa  Stannis to explain it away, just a rare weather pattern of Metru-Nui, but the Toa seemed just as confused as Kanohi. Which was … distressing when it came from a Toa.

That was … another thing. One Kanohi needed the answers to. So as he mended another part of the hull he mustered his courage and called our,  “Um, Toa Stannis, I ... I do not understand. Tell me how to understand. How could Turaga Dume be a bad person? He was once a Toa. Wasn’t he chosen by Mata-Nui to protect the Matoran?

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Tugarak - The Ripple - @Smudge8

Tugarak finally reached the door to the ship. It was shut, so he assumed the others were already inside, probably waiting on him and Mazor. He looked behind him to make sure Mazor was still following him. He was, and he held the precious cube in his hand. Good, he did not want to return to Carapar empty handed. Once he and Mazor were both safely inside, he would take off immediately to tell his lord of what he had found.He placed his hands on the door and began to turn.

OOC: @Unreliable NarratorTugarak is preparing to board the Ripple again.

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach - @Dane

"Good, I think you're in much better shape my friend over there."  He pointed to Thom again. "Follow me. It's best the three of us stay together." He began to move in Thom's direction, careful not to leave Jephro behind. He would prepare to treat Thom's chest wound the same way he had treated his injured arm. He had been badly injured, and Pardehi was not sure he could move him on his own. Luckily, he had Jephro to help him, though the toa had been injured somewhat himself after that fight with the baron. Since he was apparently the only medic on the entire beach, it would do him good to keep his patients together.

OOC: mobile

IC: Vyarik - Ta-Metru (streets)

"Whose trail?" Vyarik asked, making a point of ignoring the distant crash.

OOC: will get up a Sidra response soon.

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Leonn - Ta-Metru (Building Trust)

The Hunters didn't immediately trust him, but that was to be expected. As distrusting as they were disloyal.

His head went back over the list, the targets before the network was compromised. He'd uncovered only a few of them, through his exploits. He fiddled with his shoulder holster.

The blogger...what was her name....?

"Vhisola." He remembered, amber eyes closing as he seemed to recall the fictional incident. "I'd been en route to her place of accommodation in Ga-Metru, but I left as soon as the network went down. I wasn't sure I wanted the Vahki on my heels." 

Leonn's voice, for a Skakdi, was smooth and clear.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

IC: Thom - Beach Assault (Getting Aid)

For once, the Skakdi smiled, genuinely. Though said smile turned into more of a grimace as the pain shot up. 

"Ain't much of a soldier, ah gotta admit." He gritted his bright white teeth, deciding to reload his revolver whilst the doctor approached him. He supposed covering his teammates was the least he could do.

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

• Like 1

IC: Vyarik - Ta-Metru

"How would you like to help us take greater prey?" Vyarik asked, "A Toa, travelling with two others."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ta-Metru

The vahki stationed by the Great Furnace did not adjust their posture when the Swordsman approached. They were already attentive, and clearly saw his approach through the smoke of Ta-Metru. Nuparu built the vahki to work well in their native environments: the bordakh swam, the nuurakh’s optics were based on movement and heat signatures rather than traditional sight. This led to common jokes about nuurakh being unable to see someone who stood still. It wasn’t true, they’d see the heat signature and arrest graffiti artists all the same, but it made for a good jibe. 

The Swordsman asked permission to enter the Great Furnace. The two closest vahki standing guard at the closed door cocked their heads and looked at each other in unison before returning their augmented gaze to the elementally-impaired toa of fire and shook their heads: no. Without the proper clearance, be it accompanying a real worker for repairs or an official document, the vahki were unable to change their gestured determination. One kindly pointed to a sign by the door which read;

“Closed to the public due to recent incineration. Guided tours for apprentice smiths meet next week.”

Before the Ta-Metru Disc Hunters could come up with their next strategy they found themselves in the shadow of a behemoth cargo airship. It flew past them, dangerously low to buildings and far below the legal limit. It tipped wildly to port, floating almost sideways. They noticed smoke coming from underneath, and the Swordsman wondered if he caught a glimpse of crimson on the windows of the bridge, then the airship careened and crashed its way through Ta-Metru.

While Othorak cared little for the trivial details and simply considered the cargo airship he’d hijacked as just another in a fleet, this airship had a crew, she had a history, and she had a name: The Grand Vika. This merchant airship’s legacy stretched back to its maiden voyage delivering cabbages and a group of matoran explorers to Zakaz. The explorers never came back, and the skakdi liked the cabbages, but the captain of the airship prided himself on the knowledge The Grand Vika could handle almost any storm or distance. It could not, however, handle Othorak. On the bridge, Captain Faebir wept as he held a fellow crewman in his arms. He could do nothing but mourn, and curse the terrorist who doomed his ship, his crew, and his life. Captains stayed with their crew through fire and flame. Fitting to crash in Ta-Metru.

The hearts of those working in the district of fire were aflame with anger, grief, and deeper down a burning sense of terror as the hijacked airship crashed into a smelting tower. The Grand Vika crumpled into the side of a tall metal flue. Her glass ceiling shattered, sharps shards raining down on the workers below in the fire pits. Flame belched from the flue, bursting into blue and purple displays as protodermis from the airship leaked into the smithy inside the tower. Her frame crumpled and twisted as The Grand Vika continued to scrape her way across and into the smelting towers, refineries, and artisan mask maker studios of several Ta-Metru blocks. The destruction from one cargo airship crash would leave a lasting scar on the city’s landscape and morale. Levitation and Increase Weight kanoka discs rained from the belly of The Grand Vika onto the ruined workshops, city streets, and unlucky matoran. Chunks of the damaged towers began to float into the air, forming metal islands of waste and sputtering flame. Other chunks became impossibly heavy and collapsed inwards, killing more innocent lives.

What the Brute Squad of Dark Hunters -- and one impostor -- noticed more than the flaming ball of destruction on the city skyline was the devastation at street level. Matoran died to rubble, falling glass, bursting gas pipes which caught aflame. They watched from their meeting place on the street corner as the death toll racked up. Then, disturbingly, they watched the corpses twitch, twist, and begin to move. Jaws fell slack in their matoran masks,  hands bent backwards, and knees rattled together as the zombies began milling about incoherently. Undead lungs attempted to inflate for no reason: all their heartlights were red and unblinking. Then a small pack of zombies noticed the Brute Squad and shambled forward aggressively. 

In a matter of minutes the Swordsman watched part of Ta-Metru become a war zone between those still living their first life, and those enjoying their second or third. 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru

Arkius and Nale knew the statue they needed when they saw it: a gigantic figure of Turaga Dume himself covered in graffiti. Someone, or many someones, made sure the city of Metru-Nui knew just how much they despised their turaga. Insults in vibrant colors, phrases used from all walks of life, and even a few rather graphic cartoons involving sharp objects and improper safety handling techniques colorfully screamed from the stone surface. Something in particular caught their eye: Turaga Dume’s staff had arrows painted on it pointing to the ruby-red glass set in the staff’s crown, and oddly a symbol the two toa had seen painted on Po-Metru kanoka discs as well. Likewise, his robed arm pointed powerfully front of him, casting a skewed and warped shadow on the desert sand below with the altered heavens. Someone had lopped the hand off and it lay half-buried in the sand. Light filtered through the red glass and created a fractal on the ground which formed the shape of a warped circle. Looking closely Nale and Arkius made out a strange sequence of letters: 

“Srzhu fdq rqob uhdfk vr idu

Glj lwv judyh zkhuh lw hqgv”

OOC: Okay, first puzzle for Po- is discovered. I'll post more later, but I've been under the weather today so I'm moving slow.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Forgot the zombies. Added them in.
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

OOC: typed-up-on-my-work-computer-emailed-to-myself-then-copy-pasted-on-mobile post.

IC: Sidra - Ta-Metru (Skies)

"Karzing lunatic!" Sidra watched the titan plummet from sight, putting away her weapons as the ship rocked beneath her. 

The vessel faltered, descending slowly, then much more quickly, as the levitation discs still in contact with the framework of the ship tried - and failed - to keep it aloft. The ship was going down. Apparently that had been the semi-suicidal fanatic's plan all along. She stumbled as the ship listed, teetering on its side, streaking towards a smoking tower below.

Sidra scrambled through the hold and grabbed the first two Matoran she found, shouting to be heard over the rushing of air. "I can get you off this ship, but you need to agree to come with me! Can you do that?"

She couldn't hear exactly what they said, but the panicked nodding as they spoke compelled her to assume their responses were in the affirmative. Hopefully that would be consent enough to satisfy her mask's requirements. 

The Mask activated, and the three beings vanished into shadow, an instant before the ship was rent asunder around them. 

Somewhere (dark and scary)

The trio sank into a place of pitch blackness, the warmth of the disintegrating engine and cacophonous chaos of the crashing vessel replaced with an icy chill and horrifying silence.  

It was too much for one of the Matoran, who struggled and cried out, striking at Sidra. "Where are we? What have you done to us?" One of his flailing hands struck Sidra's wounded shoulder, the sudden onset of pain forcing her to let go of the Matoran, who ran away into the dark.

"No, wait, come back!" 

Before she could even try to follow the Matoran, she felt a pulling sensation, saw a light growing closer, and was abruptly ejected back into reality. 

Le-Metru (Chute Station)

The shadows of the empty chute station Sidra had first arrived at roiled as she and the remaining Matoran stumbled forth from the shadows. Mercifully, they were followed a few moments later by the second Matoran, who had evidently still been closeby enough to be returned by the Mask's power. 

"Where are we?" He stammered, eyes staring wildly as he glanced around the station. He reminded Sidra of herself the first time she'd used the Mask. "Where's everyone else?"

"Le-Metru," Sidra exhaled, slumping down against the wall, "I can only take two people with me. Everyone else on the ship... I'm sorry."

A sombre silence settled over the room for several long moments, before Sidra spoke again. "You two need to go find the Vahki, tell them that the League terrorist who attacked the chutes here in Le-Metru is also responsible for the crash in Ta-Metru."

"What about you?" One of the Matoran asked.

"Once my mask recharges, I'll be going after him again," she replied, "Now go."

"Thank you." The Matoran replied, before the pair vanished out into the street. 

The words gave Sidra pause. She'd been congratulated for her successes in the field before by her fellow Dark Hunters, but no one had ever thanked her like that before. It left her feeling warm, welcome, worthwhile. Was this how Toa felt after they saved someone?

She brushed the thoughts aside. The job wasn't done. She had nothing to feel good about until she knew for sure the Steltian had been apprehended. 

She pulled up her iStone, and got to work.

Ta-Metru (Crash Site)

The nektann in the bridge of the airship had not been forgotten in Sidra's escape. She had left it behind quite deliberately. Being near the top of the ship, it had survived the crash, albeit not intact. 

As Sidra tapped into the nektann's camera feed, two of its severed limbs were inching across the floor towards its main body, as the crumpled parts of its shell gradually straightened out and realigned themselves.

In a few minutes, it would be fully restored, and able to scout out the scene for any further sign of the terrorist. For now, its camera swept around in a slow circle, inspecting its immediate surroundings. 

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

After a moment of relative calm, Karista took a deep breath and looked down again. Was... this little one actually oblivious to her transformation? She can't be, she has to know... she's taunting me...

Best to play it off until she's proven otherwise. Her bird form called indignantly down at the small blue one, strutting along the edge of the roof again. But she also took a moment to glance around in case it was a trap. Nothing but some odd sphere and a pile of disks up here...

IC: Leonn - Ta-Metru (Kino Der Ta-Metru)

"Toa? I must admit, I've nev-"

CRRRASSSHHHH!!

Leonn's web spinning was cut short by the airship exploding into a nearby building. He squinted, in both awe and shock at the miniature apocalypse that situated itself near the group's location, balls of fire spinning into the air as disks of levitation held them up. Then he glanced down, to see the complete carnage occurring on the street. Matoran dying left and right, glass impaling some, balls of fire engulfed others. A bloodbath.

Even as someone as seasoned in brutality as someone hailing from Zakaz, Leonn couldn't help but be completely taken aback by the catastrophe. What had happened to cause this? The events currently occurring Metru-Nui seemed to be scaling up in increasingly disastrous metrics. He'd have to let Takadox know as soon as possible about this.

But, as the Le-Skakdi's trademark mouth moved into a grimace, and he turned to his companions to advise them to get moving out of the area, something even stranger, and more horrible occurred.

A crack of a jaw is what cued Leonn to it. A snap, like the flourish of a deck of Steltian playing cards.

He looked to the street again, to see a growing army of twisted, horrid creatures rising from the pavement and roads, glass in their necks and bodies misshapen, some nearly burned to the crisp.

"Good Mata-Nui, what in the world is happening?!" The spy exclaimed, drawing his boomerang as a particularly charred creature began an increasingly quick approach towards him, like something cooked out of Irnakk's most malevolent thoughts.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Vyarik - Ta-Metru (Street)

"Who cares?" Vyarik's sword scythed through the crispy creature, cleaving its skull in twain. "Unless you both want to stay here and contend with whatever Karzahni has just coughed up, I suggest we leave... I've just had a thought as to where our wayward Toa might be hiding..."

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Metru

Nale looked over the characters. "I think we're supposed to unscramble these but, like I said before...I'm no Rau-wearer, languages aren't my strong point."

She looked up at the statue's staff. "My guess is the light is supposed to move and give us the answer, but the sky isn't really playing along, what with the permanent day-and-night. Any ideas?"

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru 

I didn't even have time to respond to the Vahki's denial when a stray airship crashed nearby, immediately thrusting the area into pandemonium. What I at first thought were injured trying to escape the chaos and wreckage came under a streetlight, and I soon realized there was no helping these fellows: they were already dead. Unfortunate, and although I wished Mata Nui would be merciful on their souls, I still had to defend the innocents first, and myself second...then again, what merciful Great Spirit would allow such horrors to be set upon His people, His workers?

God was showing Himself on the ground here, I supposed--these were His miracles. The miracle of life anew.

I casually drew my blade, stepping forward to put myself between the undead and my companions, prepared to send the shambling figures back to the pits of Karzahni. "Your disk hunt just got a little more interesting, Zecrillia," I said.

"Now: aim for the head."

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Seach Beach

Rose torched the ghoulish freak who rose back from the first killing. His body crumpled to ash, and her eyes took in every moment. Despite her terror, she couldn’t look away. She’d pushed forward in response, driving the terrors back by becoming a monster herself. Eventually, she confirmed fire stopped things from getting back up if they burned long enough. 

Meanwhile, Pardehi surveyed the beachhead. He was right in thinking no other medic currently stood on the rocky shore. The rest of them were on the bluff already, helping the fighters who’d pushed their way into the League’s embankments. They’d used levitation discs on the wounded to bring them to places with cover, and were attempting to maintain a triage system in the fire zone. It was up to Pardehi to make sure his new friends were safe to the bitter end. And the end looked close, in the medic’s eyes. With the large hagah cannons taken out, and the Metru-Nui tanks providing fire at the fleeing ranks of still living League fighters who were hightailing it into the jungle atop the bluff, it looked like the beach was theirs by the nature of them being the only ones on it.

Well, them and the undead horde.

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Ripple

Mazor and the explorers fought their way through the savage pack of undead matoran back to The Ripple. The matoran responded intelligently, but seemed most drawn to Mazor and the strange silver cube in a cloth wrap. They seemed to know its location even without sight. As the explorers prepared for takeoff, the nynrah matoran began clambering onto the sides of The Ripple, crawling on it and trying to bite their way through the hull. A horde of the undead piled up against the closing bulkhead, and the explorers had to fight desperately to keep them from scrambling aboard the airship.

It was Ostrox who noticed first. He’d stayed on the ship, and so he had to figure out how to explain why the visorak corpses they’d yet to dispose of began moving again.

IC: Othorak | Ta-Metru

Othorak plummeted through the skies and his own memories before crashing into the buildings below. Something sharp ran through him, his vision gave way to agony, and the last words on his lips were; "uvu we zcls azor tbuv." They were a guttral noises, and not his own. His eyes glazed as life left his body.

Don't you love the stars?

How beautiful they are?

How stupidly the matoran stare at them and wonder if their motions mean anything?

That's silly. I'm just painting who matters up here.

Because I can't remember how fast time flies for you.

Oops.

Wrong timing.

Let me fix that.

I can fix things.

A little rusty but

I'm getting the hang of it.

No. 

No I don't need your help.

thank you

I can do this.

Goodbye.

Hello.

Goodbye.

Hello.

Othorak's chest combusted; his lungs felt on fire. Looking down he saw they were. Smoke poured from his mouth, but the burning inside filled him with life instead of pain. His vision was pour, a red haze covering his world. He felt lifted, above the squabbles. Othorak was free. He no longer had a master. Time couldn't contain him. He slowly stomped through the wreckage of the building he'd fallen through. Daylight and matoran just like him greeted his eyes. They loved him. They loved him so much they nibbled on his legs, clung to his back, and chased him down the street playfully. Othorak kept walking. He could tell Kalmah this was all a success, or he could enjoy relaxing in his home by the beach in Le-Metru. It was his choice, really.

OOC: Undead Othorak is yours, @Azibo. New perk: he's on fire. Can he die? Yes, if the fire gets put out.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Added Ripple and silver sea
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Skorm (Silver Sea, Nynrah Wreck)

While several of the team had gone to search the cave, Skorm had elected to prowl the Nynrah wreck. So far, nothing but corpses, the Twi-Toa thought. Walking through one corridors, he stopped at yet another visorak corpse. It had been pinned to the wall on jutting metal, likely a result of the crash. Across from the rahi corpse, there was a sealed door that displayed acid damage. Another one like the visorak that boarded us. Putting his hand to the door, he attempted to sense the other side. To his surprise, he sensed light, intense and concentrated.

After his lasers finished slicing through the door, the now unattached piece of metal fell to the ground. Inside, the corpse of another of the Nynrah Ghosts was slumped over, badly scarred by acid. In his hands he clutched a weapon, short enough for a matoran to wield with little trouble, with a lightstone jammed into the breach at an odd angle. Curious, the Twi-Toa muttered a quiet apology to the Ghost as he took the weapon. It lacked a stock, but had a pump on the front; in the middle. Racking the bolt freed the lightstone, which now smoothly slid into the frame of the weapon, which was largely translucent. He had seen Xian lightstone rifles, and this looked like a smaller variation. Not exactly useful for him, who bent light to his will, but suitable for a matoran. Beneath him, movement caught his eye. Charging a light blast, Skorm whipped his hand around.

The matoran's corpse was still. Out from under it crawled a machine. It was absolutely tiny, its disk-like head barely the size of Skorm's palm. It vaguely resembled a matoran crossed with a beetle rahi, and it was the characteristic orange of many of the Nynrah inventions. It looked up at Skorm, beeping and clucking.

Just a servitor. Skorm smiled, clenching his hand into a fist, and knelt. "I don't suppose you know what this happened here, do you?"

The machine warbled. Skorm spied a label on its chest: FOHROK-VA UNIT IV. "I guess not. then." Skorm glanced around the room. It was small, like the rest of the ship, but the three sides of the room were grated off, each holding some technological object within. Skorm looked closer. One appeared to be some sort of industrial crossbow, another was a garishly orange carapace vest, and the last was empty and open. Looking down at the weapon he held, it appeared that he was now holding what the locker had once held.

"Now, how can I get these others?" He was curious as to their function, but held no great desire to upgrade his own kit. He would, however, seek any advantage for his masters. He glanced down at the fohrok-va. It was staring at the fallen Ghost. It beeped morosely.

The toa knelt down beside the fallen matoran. "War does that, sometimes. Kills the people you know. Look up to. Those you're supposed to protect... those that are supposed to protect you." Skorm tore his gaze from the corpse to the servitor. "You can only pray to the Great Spirit that somebody, somewhere sees the light." The fohrok-va made a chuffing sound, and parted its back, revealing thin wings which buzzed like live electricity. It flew onto Skorm's shoulder, warbling mechanically. Skorm smiled. "But in the meantime, we can use all the help we can get. You know how to open up these lockers?"

The fohrok-va beeped amiably, and buzzed over to the first locker, inputting something on the lock. It slid open, and the servitor flew to the second and unlocked it. Skorm's grin widened as the mechanical being flew back over to Skorm's outstretched arm. "Thank you, little one." He saw a discarded satchel on the ground, and picked it up, dropping the carapace into the bag. Shortly after was the crossbow; the bolt already ready to be fired glowed white, then black, then fizzled out. A mystery to figure out later. Skorm slung the satchel over his shoulder and turned to leave when something gripped his leg like iron. He swung around, eyes widening with surprise.

Beneath him, the fe-matoran corpse had begun to move. It gasped, its voice a low growl. Skorm had seen Trynas in action; he knew a zombie when he saw one. Skorm could have bisected the zombie with a laser or consumed it with shadow, but something about holding a weapon in his hand pulled Skorm to a specific reaction. Sucking in a sharp breath, Skorm pointed the modified lightstone rifle at the zombie and pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened. The trigger didn't even move. The fe-matoran zombie growled again as it grabbed Skorm with its other hand, surprisingly strong for a matoran. Cursing, Skorm remembered the pump action on the weapon, and pulled it back. As he worked the pump, he could see the lightstone inside the weapon be cracked and fragmented with precision. The extra surface area somehow made it seem all the brighter. Skorm pulled the trigger again, and the weapon roared, nearly flying out of his hands.

Lightstone flechettes embedded in the matoran and the wall. The zombie's head exploded, sending bits of biomechanical matter and shards of kanohi mask flying everywhere; several shards embedded themselves in Skorm's armor and body. Grunting, Skorm heard rasps echoing through the ship... and worse. He turned, and saw the impaled visorak  squirming and flailing its legs on the bulkhead.

Skorm sucked in another breath. "Let's get out of here." The fohrok-va on his shoulder beeped apprehensively. Dodging the flailing, bladelike legs of the spider rahi, Skorm dashed through the corridors of the ship to the hole the Leaguers had been using as an entrance. More zombies, were stirring, and swiped as he ran past. One grabbed Skorm's arm as he passed, and was answered with a wristblade through the eye socket of its mask. Reaching the entrance, a swarm of zombies turned to the Twi-Toa. Skorm snarled as he gathered energy, and unleashed it as a laser that lanced across the room, slicing a path. The torsos still crawled, rasping as though they were still whole. The toa jumped over them and dashed for the Ripple. On his shoulder, the servitor squealed.

He saw the airship beginning to take off, zombies clambering onto the hull. "I'm coming!"

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Arkius nodded. "We may need to call for Stannis. If this puzzle is broken due to the state of the sky, then our only option going forward may be brute force, or outside-the-box thinking." Arkius took out the radio they'd been given and called in. "Knichou? Arkius to airship, do you copy? We may require the aid of Stannis over here."

Edited by Onaku

IC: Knichou, Po-Metru, Bridge of the Taku

The shortwave radio crackled to life, taking Knichou's attention off from the instrument checks he was performing. Apparently Nale and Arkius were running into a problem. The ex-Ghost unhooked a transmitter from the dashboard and began to speak.

"Taku captain here. Copy that. Do you want me to tell him to go alone or do you need me to give him a ride? Over."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Leonn - Ta-Metru (28 Seconds Later)

"Well, you can count me in! I am not sticking around!" Leonn exclaimed, the spy holding his ranged weapon between two smooth claws in case any of the revenants intended on advancing on him again.

But, on the better side, he'd inserted himself beautifully into this pair's plan. No doubt he'd be able to pry plenty of information from the dying Toa, as well as from his comrades once the jig was up. Though, if "Ghost"'s facade were good enough, he wouldn't have to forcefully extract much information at all.

For now though, he'd focus on not getting eaten alive.

Edited by Dane

IC: Knichou, Po-Metru, Bridge of the Taku

"10-4, we will be en route soon, be aware you may need to flag us down when we get close, over."

Knichou pressed a button on the radio control panel to switch to the airship's speaker system so he could announce it to the crew outside the ship.

"Finish up what you're working on and get back inside, Arkius needs us to go over to them. Apparently there's something they need your expertise with, Stannis"

Knichou turned the engines back on, and set levitation to manual control. He pressed a button that activated the motor to retract the anchor. The boulder was slowly winched back upwards to a compartment on front of the ship - although it was a bit larger than the normal anchor so it bulged outside of the compartment, forcing the doors to stay open. Functional, but a bit ugly compared to the bespoke part it replaced.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Roger that. Over and out." Arkius put away the radio, turning to the cypher they'd discovered. "Right then. Ciphers. I have experience with this. Just need to find out what type this one is. Lets start with a simple Caesrak cipher."

Until the Taku arrived with Stannis, Arkius would keep his mind occupied with solving the code.

Edited by Onaku

IC: Zaliyah - The Ripple.

Panicked and panting, Zaliyah piled onto the airship along with the others, her divided mind scrambling to make sense of what was happening. These Matoran weren't wearing Masks of Undeath, and couldn't use them even if they were... and that went double for the Visorak. 

"They want that... whatever the karz it is!" She shouted at Mazor, "Throw it overboard!" 

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Beach Assault)

Tekmo arrived on the shores of League-controlled territory to find he had no clue what was going on. The enemy seemed to be retreating already... but now their position was being attacked by shambling cadavers. Most unusual... but today had been an unusual day. Or, tonight had been an unusual night. The current nature of the sky made it difficult to say for certain.

He leaped into action, bashing in the heads of zombies with his shield, skewering them with long sharp thorny brambles of wood from his free hand.

IC: Waveahk (Ta-Metru)

Waveahk was still a little out of it, but not enough out of it to not shoot at the approaching corpses with his laser trident, while making a 'tactical withdrawal' alongside Vyarik and 'Ghost'.

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, The Ripple)

Ostrox found himself a little disturbed - and fascinated - to see what was previously dead spring back to life. Or unlife, as it seemed. This did not stop him from trying to drive the reanimated Visorak off the ship, however.

IC: Raz - Ta-Metru

A lanky red armoured individual walked the streets of Ta-Metru with an overly casual gait and an expression so utterly relaxed, as if there wasn't a worry in the world for them. As they passed a ta-matoran they turned to him and addressed him. "Salutations. You wouldn't happen to have seen a big red guy, bigger than me, accused of acts of terrorism and subterfuge, may have stolen an-"

Interrupting Raz's words was shadow of an airship creaking and groaning overhead, a large red being falling out from its bottom little more than a block away, before the airship crashed into the buildings below. "-Airship." The matoran gasped and yelled and ran toward the catastrophy, leaving Raz to sigh to themselves and look to where the terrorist had fallen. "Never mind, looks like I've found him."

With their ever casual gait, Raz began to make their way to Othorak's landing.

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Metru 

Nale sat down next to the statue and waited for their allies to arrive, watching the sky and taking in its new look. "Things just get crazier every day, don't they?"

IC: Rose - Beach Assault 

Rose continued to set fire to the undead masses, becoming distracted with them and forgetting about the still-alive Leaguers who were fleeing. 

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Mazor-The Ripple @Unreliable Narrator

As The Ripple's crew climbed on the zombies followed, grabbing any avalible handholds. Mazor could hear others shouting. Someone wanted him to throw it overboard, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He felt responsible for what had happened, and he wanted to fix it. He pocketed the device and pulled out his disk launcher, getting ready to freeze some Zombies, but then he stopped. All the zombies were clustering towards his location, as if they were after the device. The zombies seemed intellegent, perhaps he could reason with them.

Thinking quickly he pulled his strongest 'weakness' disk out of his bag. He held up the cube and the disk. "Stop!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. "Are you after this thing?"

IC: Jephro-Beach assault @Biological Chronicler

Jephro hesitantly stood up and folowed the medic. He drew his swords and did his best to fight off the zombies. He felt bad cutting them up. They already died, He told himself, it's ok to kill them again, you won't break the code.

Paju turned back to Ellie. "Is the bird scaring you, it'll be ok. Here, I'll take off your saddle so you can relax." Paju walked around and began fumbling with the clasps on Ellie's saddle. Meanwhile, Ellie began to crouch down as if she was going to pounce. If she was paying attention, it would become obvious to Karista That the matoran thought she was just a bird. The rahi, on the other hand, appeared to know what was going on and was intent on investigating further. 

IC, Atamai: Po-Metru

”This isn’t getting us anywhere. I think that this sculpture field is worth checking out, so let’s get going.”

I hopped back into the driver’s seat of the transport and directed the vehicle forward, heading toward the sculpture field. 

Edited by ~Xemnas~

IC: Morah - The Ripple

The fight was short but fierce. Morah felt no pity as she headed the path through the shambling corpses, tearing them assunder till they didn’t move no more.

It was lucky Morah didn’t let her guard down, even in the ship, as Ostrox’s own efforts to drive the Visorak back caught her eye. “Ah Karz, not again,” she muttered, unsheathing her claws to take a swipe at a reanimated green spider which already bore some conspicuous marks of her handiwork.

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

Karista stared back at the Phase Dragon intently, just as ready to fly should it try anything. It would be best to just get out of there, but she didn’t want to make the first move in case she attracted the other’s attention.

Edited by Click
fixed colors
  • Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Ripple

Mazor realized quickly attempting to bargain with the undead got him nowhere. His display with the weakness disc didn't upset them further or stop their scrabbling advance. If anything, his showing them the cube increased their rapacity. Slobber and bile pooled from their mouths, and their fingers twitched spasmodically in unnatural directions. A hand swiped near the cube in Mazor's hand. It missed, but only by a hair.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru Rooftops

As Karista performed her newfound role as a bird, the containment sphere on the rooftop gave a soft beep. The Green gauge for its stored power changed to yellow. Containment spheres were usually placed on a charging pedestal to keep the matoran inside healthy and unharmed. Vhisola's time safely unconscious began to run out.

Happy chat.

IC: Vyarik - Ta-Metru (Streets)

"While I was on the airship, I picked up some of their conversation," Vyarik said, as he and his two newfound companions retreated from the horde of diminutive undead,  "These people are convinced Nuparu's death is part of some conspiracy orchestrated by Turaga Dume."

Obviously it wasn't true, since Turaga Dume had only forced his alliance with the Dark Hunters after his Vahki had hacked their network. But it didn't matter what the truth was. The fact the Turaga had publicly declared his allegiance with the Hunters would add credence to the lie the would-be revolutionaries had already created for themselves.

"Now, if you were an overconfident Toa of Stone looking for somewhere to lie low while you prepared to take on a whole city..." Vyarik turned to his companions, "...where on Metru-Nui would you hide?"

"No way..." Sidra breathed, staring at the horrible, impossible images on the iStone screen before her.

Fallen Matoran, mangled beyond any possibility of life, were rising to their feet. And beyond them, a much larger figure - impaled, aflame, but still somehow functional - Othorak.
  • Like 2

IC: Mazor-The Ripple @Unreliable Narrator

Mazor sighed, he had hoped not to have to fight. He pocketed the cube again and atempted to smash the weakness disk into the zombies face, planning on retreating to ready his launcher.

Paju leaned over and undid the first buckle on the saddle. And reached for the second one, only to have it jerk out of her hand. Ellie jumped towards the 'bird,' attempting to catch it in her claws.