Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vyarik - Po-Metru

The Dark Hunter died smiling... though no one would see it, given that his face was now under several inches of sand. He had seen the dead rise in Ta-Metru. He knew, the same would happen to him. He didn't know what he would become, whether he would remember any of what he had once been, but he knew his enemies would remember him.

His name would live on, even if he didn't. 

Broken and buried, in agony and alone, Vyarik breathed his last.

And something new awoke in his place.

IC: Revenant - Po-Metru

Nothing stirred in the sandy sinkhole for several long minutes. 

And then the sand began to churn, roiling as something writhed beneath it. A shape broke the surface - though perhaps not the one those waiting above were expecting - as the entire Vahki Transport began to rise from its resting place. The metal creaked and groaned, sand cascading from its form as it dropped back onto level ground beside the pit it had been so recently dropped back into. 

A being stood upon the prow of the machine - ten feet of all-too-familiar figure - whose baleful gaze was focused not on the group, but towards the Colosseum at the heart of Metru Nui. With his back to most of those present, they would be able to see the two ragged wounds Nale's rounds had left, and the jutting fragments of bone protruding from his skin, all of which now bled a crimson light that matched the shade of the sky above. 

For now, the Revenant did not move, the body's new host still acclimating to its newfound flesh, the collective assimilating the new memories. 

But soon, it would be ready to complete its purpose. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

15 hours ago, Tarn said:

"...Knichou," Nale said, now looking up at the Matoran, "I shot him. Twice. I don't know what we did that killed him first--my rounds, the sand, only Mata Nui knows. But...I was shooting him to kill him."

She looked him in the eyes.

"I wanted him dead."

IC: Knichou, Po-Metru, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou took a moment to process this, having turned his seat around to face Nale as soon as she began to speak. Two of the three Toa who had been protecting him for the past few days had killed a Dark Hunter before he lifted a finger to battle them. Yes, this dark hunter had been chasing them in the past  - to an extremely irritating extent - but this particular battle was entirely one-sided. Regardless of what was the killing blow, Arkius and Nale both tried to throw it.

The fact that Nale had shot him twice while he was trying to climb up to safety was particularly disheartening. Not even a mistake in the heat of the moment - a deliberate act that she felt necessitated an extra coup de grâce as the cherry on top. Knichou tried to hide his fear and disgust on his face as the Toa of magnetism described her actions. Knichou had never been as praising of toa as perhaps the other matoran in this group were - as a weapons designer he knew that Toa needed their weapons for a reason and weapons could be designed to kill them effectively. As someone whose homeland was overrun by the armies of the Barraki, Knichou knew all too well that the morality of toa was not a given. Code or not, most toa would kill if necessary. War is war. Knichou just hadn't seen that with his own eyes before. Knichou only saw the war from the stories that came back, both propaganda and rumor. He hadn't seen a man die after getting sniped from a safe perch far away.

This wasn't exactly a murder in cold blood, but it certainly wasn't justifiable by most definitions. It certainly made their quest feel less righteous. Knichou was at a literal loss for words - part of him knew the dark hunter was a threat from the past, part wanted to scold Nale for the kill, and a sliver felt respect for her admitting her participation in the grisly scene. Knichou knew all too well that admitting one's cowardice could take as much bravery as the action or inaction you felt like a coward for in the first place.

All Knichou could think of in the moment was a breathless sigh of a response.

"oh"

Knichou turned back around to the console, a desperate attempt to break eye contact with Nale and pretend to do something important with the ship's controls. He was too shocked and conflicted to think of a response besides that weak acknowledgement, he would have to think on this later. The room was silent for a long time, filled only with faint the whirr of machinery.

The lull was broken when the vahki transport emerged from the sands in from of them and the dark hunter appeared alive, if horribly disfigured and uncharacteristically silent. Instead of facing them, this husk silently turned towards the coliseum. Two large holes were still oozing blood from his back. Knichou felt like he was looking at a ghost.

"what"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC, Kohara: Ga-Metru

Kohara simply nodded. She didn’t want the Matoran to know that she was no longer a Toa of Water, but luckily her years of practice with that element left her a skilled swimmer and free-diver. Plus, her mask would provide her with a way to breathe underwater. 

“I think we should look in the waters directly around the temple, then fan out our search area from there.”

Tallea - Metru Nui - Po-Metru

IC: "See what I mean. Now if someone with a ranged ability could disrupt his concentration I bet it would look really impressive as that whole thing falls back into the hole."

So saying, Tallea turned back to the recently uncovered table and statue. Atamai's deduction was logical and the last line was likely Destiny, which meant....With sure movements she took each statues and placed them in the indentations on the table.

Creation

Unity

Strategy

Destiny

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru, Sculpture Fields
As the final statue's base rested in the depression on the table a soft warm wind kicked up. It carried the smells of somewhere tropical. By the dim red ring of light forming the new horizon they saw the sands spiral around the table and pull it into the ground. In its place rose a stone archway, and the brightness of a desert afternoon assaulted them through the portal after so long in the dark. Eyes adjusting they made out large sculptures of matoran heads in the background, far below. In the foreground rested a small boulder with a kanoka disc wedged into a crack on the top. 
As they crossed the threshold into the strange world the heat of the sun beat down upon them. They realized they stood on an unknown rocky plateau looking out over a vast desert. Just at the edge of the shimmering haze they made out something moving at incredible speed, kicking up a cloud of dust and sand. After a moment's hesitation they confirmed it was traveling parallel or away from them and not a threat. The last to step through the portal felt a strange urgency come upon them, as if they were trespassing somewhere they didn't belong. 
The boulder, some cacti, and a basking lizard were the sole inhabitants of the plateau. They could see the kanoka disc wedged firmly in the crack had the numbers 339 printed on its surface. 

Happy chat.

IC: "Huh"

An unknown land with some form of life on it and a weird feeling that she wasn't supposed to be here. Best to grab the disk and get out of here as quickly as possible. She scanned the area with her suit. If nothing odd could be seen, she was going to go over there and grab that disk so they could all get out of here.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Vashni - Po-Metru -

Vashni had been ready to continue the search for the great disk and discuss mutations further when Vashni felt a terrible shiver course through her body. She didn't need to see the newly risen corpse, she felt it's presence on the mental plane. 

And it was terrifying. It felt wrong, alien, and her every instinct was telling her to get away from it. Vashni couldn't stop herself from shivering. "####."

But hey, they'd found the great disk! At least something was going right. Vashni stepped inside the portal and took a good look around, she mentally scanned the area for anything unusual.

"I keep thinking that today can't get any weirder, but it keeps happening anyway." 

@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Silvan Haven@Nato the Traveler@Dane@pokemonlover360@BULiK@~Xemnas~@Darth Jaller@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Skyra - Temple Assault -

Skyra did a backflip. Not because she had a real reason or anything, but because it looked cool. Kal had evaded her blades for the moment, but she had a few more tricks up her sleeve. Putting her katanas to the side for a moment, Skyra quickly threw three throwing knives from her belt at Kal, aiming for his chest. She used a bit of her element manipulate the wind to flow faster towards the knives trajectory, to ensure that they hit their mark as quickly as possible. 

"You must be pretty popular at the shooting range." 

@Onaku  @Smudge8 @Tarn @Toru Nui@Eyru

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nale Vella and Jutori - Po-Metru

She almost regretted confessing. Although Knichou's response was more...reserved than she was expecting, but the Matoran was clearly shaken. Nale was about to speak again--maybe explain herself better, or dig the hole deeper--when the sight of Vyarik's now-reanimated corpse rising up drew her and Knichou's attention. Not looking at them, but the wounds she'd done obvious. Nale gasped.

"...oh my god..."

Jutori had simply watched as the others figured out the puzzle. Once everything had gone into place, they were now faced with a new and strange desert world. The sunlight after such long, permanent midnight was...intense on the eyes. But ahead of them sat the disk. The Ba-Matoran was preoccupied with their surroundings though, and the nature of the portal, his own greed taking a backseat for once even while their goal was right ahead.

"I keep thinking that today can't get any weirder, but it keeps happening anyway." 

"Yeah...maybe not as weird as turning into a blade burrower, but still pretty weird. Where are we?"

IC: Idlyx Haeve - Ga-Metru

"Parasite? Ooh, mean words, Toa. I'll be fine on my own, I promise."

The Kekamaire shifted around a little, testing the strength of the cuffs. He rolled his eyes--all four of them in unison. Not because he was restrained but because the Toa had neglected to disarm him prior to doing it. If only there was a way to reach his weaken disks...

"Don't be surprised if I'm not here when you get back, though," he said and smirked.

@Dane

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

I groaned.

Tearing away from the horde, I climbed the scaffolding and boarded a cart of my own, and watching as Zecrillia got closer to the entrance made me impatient enough to begin clambering to the next cart, then the next, getting closer and feeling the heat increase--although it didn't bother me as much as it must have bothered the Vortixx. I made it inside just as she did.

"The look I gave you was very clear, lady."

@Darth Jaller

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: mobile

IC: Vyarik/Revenant - Po-Metru

An entire lifetime of new information surged through the collective Untethered consciousness as it processed the memories of what had once been Vyarik.

The Untethered now understood much about the Dark Hunters and their activities, their capabilities and intentions in this city. Combined with the knowledge that had come from Othorak, the Untethered also understood much about the technology and layout of Metru Nui... and those who protected it. 

Turning its mangled back to the distant Colosseum, the Revenant turned to peer at the beings that had so recently slain this form. Guided as it was by its spirit core, which could sense its surrounds in a way that transcended mere sight, it had no need to turn its eyes upon the Toa and Matoran to see them, but an instinctive understanding of the behaviour of biological beings led it to follow through the motions nonetheless. 

Though Vyarik's emotions and grudges were gone, the Revenant still understood from his memories that these creatures were likely to be hostile. An effort to placate them would be necessary. 

It raised a crooked arm to point up at the airship. 

"You made me," the voice was monotone, devoid of emotion, and harshly croaky due to the blood still coagulating in Vyarik's crushed lungs and throat, "I thank you." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Eternal Night Of The Living Dead)

The Skakdi turned around, assuming the source of the voice behind him was a interrogative Waveahk, and was shocked to see Vyarik, still standing with two bullet holes in him. He looked...awful. Had he survived the killing attempt? If so, Leonn was impressed as much as mortified at the pain he must be going through.

Cautiously, he stepped forward, but not too close, in case Vyarik lashed out at him for not backing him up better, or something along those lines. Dark Hunters were fickle beings.

"Are you alright? That was quite the duo of hits you took, friend." 

He couldn't afford the conversation to be too long, so he almost hoped the Toa engaged him again.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler 

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru 

The Toa simply grunted in response, before turning away from the Hunter and beginning to leave.

The broken knee, at least, would slow Idlyx down greatly.

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 1

OOC: I seem to have missed a post... whoops.

IC: Morah - Barraki Fortress

The ride back had been uneventful. Too uneventful. Aside from swapping some yarns with her new pal Varxii (when the Toa wasn't sawing logs), there was nothing like freak storms or spirit dragons or zombie invasions. Morah was already itching for some more battle before the recounting to their lord had completed. At least back home there was always something to do, none of this... bureaucracy business.

Morah was about to nudge Varxii to see if she felt the same, but the Toa seemed pretty out of it. Best let her rest, the poor gal. 

So... Morah just stood there, hoping Carapar had some better news for them.

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

"I am called... Karista," she paused, watching the bandages nervously. "Karista... Toa?"

Was it usual for these beings to talk so much? Between the pain and her own nebulous grasp of the language, Karista was hardly picking out anything. But it was soothing, in a way. Karista tried to relax and let Paju do... whatever she was doing.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum

The blood marked Tiokaha made his way confidently towards the central tower of Metru-Nui. He knew the Coliseum took up a vast ring of space, and a tall wall surrounded the grounds. After several minutes of walking through the streets of Ta-Metru he came to the great bridge spanning a deep moat of liquid protodermis. Each Metru connected to the Coliseum in this way, and once a year floats and demonstrations of regional pride would be ushered from their respective Metrus over the bridges into the Coliseum’s parade grounds for a wild celebration. While Raz knew this, he’d never seen it, nor did he particularly care. He cared about the vahki at the gates on the opposite side of the bridge.

After greeting the taller and more armored model of vahki Turaga Dume unveiled earlier in the week, it responded with an upbeat matoran voice; “Papers please.”

OOC: @Onaku

Happy chat.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru Great Disc

The four stood on the rocky plateau overlooking the desert with bated breath; waiting with anticipation for the worst to happen as Tallea pulled on the Great Disc. It came free easily in her hands, and Vashni felt a wave of relief wash over her from the minds of her friends. With the disc in Tallea’s hand she noticed parts of the terrain she’d missed despite her careful search a moment earlier. Now that the danger of the moment passed, she saw a worn away stone relief on the wall of the cliffside rising to their right. The relief showed matoran in prayer, hands raised toward a shining meteor descending toward them. As much as Tallea wanted to stay and discover more about this strange land the nagging feeling of not overstaying their welcome returned. They needed to leave. Now. 

Sure enough as Tallea looked behind her companions she could see the dark sands of the Sculpture Fields beginning to fade on the other side of the portal.

Happy chat.

IC: Jutori - Po-Metru (On the other side of the portal)

The Ba-Matoran looked over his shoulder. "Uh...uh..."

He turned and ran across the threshold, back into the Sculpture Fields, self-preservation taking over before checking to see if his companions made it out as well.

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Now Tallea might have been fighting for longer than she would have liked, seen far more than she'd have liked to, and been more or less immune to many of the shocks she'd seen so far. However, seeing their only way back from this strange land sent a bolt of adrenaline through her veins. If they got stuck here there was no knowing what would happen to them. Plus the image of a giant hunk of rock careening towards the ground in what was now a barren wasteland did not fill her with much in the way of fuzzy feelings.

"RUN!"

The group was small and it looked like Jutori had already made it through the strange dimensional gateway. Tallea didn;t think of herself as a leader, but she had gone first through the portal and she'd be the last to leave.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: That was all of them, time to go. With one last glance around the dusty landscape Tallea dashed through the fading portal and into the equally dusty landscape on the other side.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru

With everyone out the stone portal's view of the distant world melted like a wet oil painting and then vanished. The stone doorway stood resolute and empty. With the brightness of the other plane vanished, darkness told hold once more over the assembled defenders of Metru-Nui. In Tallea's hand she held the Great Disc of Po-Metru.

And she couldn't help but feel like it was a key to something greater.

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Po-Metru, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou was aghast as the walking corpse pointed directly at him without even looking in their direction. Even while on the bridge, Knichou and Nale heard the booming voice of this dark hunter creature cryptically thanking them. Unsure how to even react at this sight, and already visibly shaken by Nale's revelations, Knichou made a quick decision to pull a piston hanging from the ceiling of the bridge. The loud sound from a foghorn emanated from the Taku, like the moan of some mechanical whale, so deep one could feel its percussion in their chest.

Knichou didn't really know what this shell of a dark hunter wanted, but the Taku's foghorn was the only equally strange reply, and hopefully it's presence would be enough to keep the other former passenger of the vahki transport scared, and draw everyone else's attention to the new arrival.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Barraki Carapar | Barraki Fortress

"I will have someone look into uncovering what is stored on this memory crystal you all recovered," Carapar said as he noticed a few more of the League's warriors exit The Ripple. A toa of lightning seemed particularly drained. Another, an emaciated man with a bag over his shoulder, matched the description he'd received of Mazor in the past. "You have all done a great service to the League of Six. Your discoveries have provided much needed intelligence as to the operations of our enemy. With luck, we'll be able to uncover even more after researching what you found, Including this cube Tugarak says Mazor found. I would very much like to see it. You are all dismissed for shore leave. Get some rest, especially you." Carapar nodded towards Varxii. 

"Our next stage will be an all out assault on the city of Metru-Nui. Barraki Pridak says we have the resources, and with your successful return I want you all to use your skills as warriors in the assault. See our fortress' steward Amartakonen for supplies. Tugarak, you'll need some cannons on your ship. We'll have to get that taken care of before it's time." 

With his impromptu address given, Carapar turned and walked back up the stone path to the fortress gates and out of sight.

OOC: Hi team Ripple. My apologies for not giving you as much attention the past couple days as I would have liked. Here you go. <3 

Happy chat.

IC: Taja | Ga-Metru

The outside air was cool on Taja's face as she stepped out of the Great Temple. It felt refreshing after hours spent bent over charts in Nixie's cramped quarters. The smell of the sea easily flushed the stale bitterness of tea from her nose, sharpening her focus and filling her with renewed energy. She began to walk towards the market, tightening her mask's silencers as she went. The chatter of the street faded, replaced by a grateful peace.

Her heart thumped more quickly than usual; now that it was quieter, the De-Matoran had the space and time to declutter her thoughts, and she realized that a current of anxiety ran just under conscious thought, thrumming like a guitar string. Her stomach felt uneasy, and her mouth was dry. Maybe it was just the tannins in the tea? No, she knew better. Never before had the scholar done something like this. She had spent years in her peaceful tower studying the stars, and never had she dreamed that an adventure would scoop her up and plunge her into someone else's life.

That's what it felt like, now that she had a moment to think about it. She looked down at her hands, ink-stained from the coordinates she'd hastily scrawled across charts for Nixie and Kohara to decode. They were the same hands she'd had yesterday, but now they looked strange. Were these the hands of an adventurer? A Disk-seeker? She didn't think so. They belonged in a tower in Ko-Metru, carefully transcribing the movements of the heavenly spheres. She was out of her element here, as much as she tried to hide it. The thrill of a discovery had made her strangely bold, but now, in the afterglow, she wanted nothing more than to return home to her familiar towers.

The thought of diving into the depths of the sea made her stomach churn. Disk-surfing was one thing, and this was another. Nevertheless, she found herself trading widgets for air bladders in the yellow light of a shop selling diving equipment. The shopkeeper was a Ga-Matoran with a kind face. "Going diving?" she asked.

Taja nodded.

"Well, be careful. I wouldn't go under this light."

She had a point. The dim, silvery light that fell from the twilight sky would make underwater distances harder to measure. Even in bright sunlight, inexperienced swimmers could easily lose track of their depth. But the scholar smiled through her uneasiness, thanked the shopkeeper for her advice, and left through the open door that cast a circle of warm light onto the street. She made her way back towards the Great Temple, hoping—and also not hoping—that she would find her companions there.

IC Stannis | Po

While the assembled Matoran and their friends worked on solving the puzzle for the Great Disc, the aged Wanderer stayed behind and merely observed the happenings. None asked for his input and as a result he did not give counsel; enough other matters weighed on his mind at the time, anyway, and he was more than happy with urging the Matoran to ply their own skills and intelligence without his intervention. Furthermore, he was tired; tired of the fighting, the war, the running, the whole of it. He was ready to abdicate the responsibilities he had amassed over the millennia to younger, more bright people, eager to fulfill their own destines and fight for good, it was just by the pull of fate that kept moving him hither and thither that he could never be sure his Destiny was truly finished. And so he Wandered, and in doing so found himself on Metru Nui at a time when new heroes and legends were being born every moment. 

And despite the unnerving happenings across Metru Nui, he was proud of what he was seeing. 

He settled himself on the ground again, cross-legged and still, and meditated on the things he felt. Word of undead rising in Ta-Metru was disturbing, as was the phenomena in the sky, and the target on Turaga Dume's head was truly worrying to the idealistic old man. Things were going from bad to downright horrifying in the matter of days. It felt like so long ago that Stannis had just arrived to the City of Legends again, rucksack full of his precious cargo, and intercepted the murder of Engineer Nuparu. Everything from that moment was crammed together, and while so much had happened there were still so many more things to do. He did not expect to receive much rest, either, as it was glaringly clear that his powers and abilities would be in high demand in the fight to come. That was fine, Stannis decided; he was happy to serve as much as he was able. He came to Metru Nui to defend it, after all, from forces within as much as without.

He clutched his rucksack closer. 

He remembered a time, long ago, in the time before time, when he was not alone. He missed them, and longed for their might and presence—toas Reordin, Leah, Korero, and the indomitable Sulov, the Toa Maru as a team. They accomplished much together, protecting their own land at first and then sharing their abilities with all matoran civilizations they encountered, striving to be the very epitomes of heroes. After a long time together, and following an era of lasting peace, most of them chose to give up their power and become elders, retiring their swords and donning capes instead, assembling only every other year to play bunco in Korero's attic; Reo said he only did it because Sulov always brought a ton of booze to share. Stannis joined a couple times... but it was hard to reminisce with them anymore as while they gave their powers to other heroes Stannis had chosen to keep his energy for dark days  

He remembered the moment vividly: The former Toa Maru were transformed to turaga and clutching glowing toa stones, save Stannis, who had stepped off the suva at the last instant and remained as a toa. "There will come a time, and time again, when I will be needed," he said to them back then. The turaga looked at him in shock and disbelief. He stammered an explanation, pitiful as it was in the moment, "I cannot pass my torch until I feel my Destiny is fulfilled." Predictably, nothing was the same anymore. He could not share the joy of retirement anecdotes as those tales were still his reality. 

He wondered what his old friends were doing then, how they were living, who won the latest bunco tournament, but he grimly understood the reality was they were probably already dead at the hands of the Barraki. Stannis Maru had lived a long, long life, rife with adventure and danger, but also sadness and disappointment–he more than most knew the realities happening far away and could accept them, no matter how difficult the truths were to swallow. Their days were well and truly over; he still had another chapter or two to chronicle. 

When he awoke from his trance, the Matoran were entering the portal to attain the Great Disc, and when they returned he was waiting for them, calm as always but also clearly showing urgency, hidden behind the proud smile he had for the matoran heroes. "Welcome back, friends," he said and quickly ascertained it was Tallea who held the 339. "I see you have the disc! We have no time to celebrate, however," he warned to the group.

"With Turaga Dume marked for death, we must go to the Coliseum and report with the Great Discs you have at once. But nothing is what it seems anymore, not even death, and there will be danger at every corner. Knichou and I will be reading the memory crystal aboard the Taku on our way, and any who wish to come with us for both answers and speed are welcome. I will do what I can to protect us as well."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Arkius - Po-Metru

For a good moment, Arkius simply stared at the revenant Vyarik. Studying his motions, his mannerisms, his appearance. In the end, there was only one conclusion he could draw. This wasn't Vyarik. Not any more. What ever process had resulted in the reanimation of his body had not truly brought him back, at least not as he was before. And yet at the back of his mind the statement the Hunter made before his death rang loud and frantic. There was a hit out on Dume. And from looking at the way this revenant was headed, one could almost take it to mean he was going for that hit. Arkius wanted to believe that. He wanted to charge in, take action, take down the Dark Hunter once and for all. But he'd already done that. Vyarik was dead. This wasn't him. What ever purpose he had now for going to the Coliseum, surely if he were going for a bounty he wouldn't so brazenly ignore the very people he'd tried and failed take down mere moments before?

Arkius stepped away, and walked back to the ruins of the pyramid, noticing now that some of it had changed, and now... they were holding a disk! The disk! They'd gotten it! For a moment, the earthen toa's look of grim rumination gave way to a more hopeful expression, and as he made his way down to the others, he looked to Stannis. "Looks like things worked out after all." Arkius wasn't eager to ruin this moment by pointing out the undead Dark Hunter, but there was an urgency beating at the back of his mind. Hearing Stannis' words, on how they had to return to the Coliseum, put his mind somewhat at ease then. The revenant seemed uninterested in them, and in the airship, they could outpace it. "If we're going to the Coliseum, then we should hurry. That hunter came back, just like you said-" Arkius nodded to Tallea in acknowledgement. "-And it's headed to the Coliseum. Personally I'm not eager to lend that thing the benefit of the doubt, so I think we need to assume it's up to no good, whether that's going after Dume or otherwise."

IC: Ardoku - Temple Assault

Looking Ardoku over, what immediately stood out for Pardehi was the massive cut that had not only severed his arm clean off, but also cut clean through his chest about a third of the way in from the side. Blood loss was the most immediate obvious concern, but the damage to his chest meant that there was damage to the toa's lungs too, as well as internal bleeding. The ash that covered him, sterile, had perhaps halted a portion of the bleeding, but not enough to save him, as even now the blood flowed out of the arm stub and the chest wound. Ardoku weakly cradled his severed arm with his other arm, that remaining functioning hand barely maintaining a hold on an ornamental kanohi dagger. The toa was himself almost completely out of it, though upon closer inspection one could see him almost periodically raising his head and opening his eyes wide, before slumping away again, all the while trying to mutter something that couldn't be heard or deciphered. His heartlight was dim but every so often it erratically flashed with his attempts at staying awake.

IC: Okuo - Great Temple

"I'll go find my friend, she could be of help too." Okuo went off to try and find Vhisola's actual room. All things considered, this had been a fortuitous mistake.

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

With the toa of gravity momentarily out of the picture, Kal regained his footing in regular gravity, just in time to intercept a hefty charge from the mech suit clad toa of fire. All things considered, her charge was powerful indeed, and pushed Kal back quite a bit, but it was not enough to fell the titan. Then a dagger hit him in the chest. It hadn't hit him in the heart, but the panic and outrage in his eyes as he focused in on the toa of air was clear enough, batting the two other daggers out of the air with his sword before they could make contact. In his rage, Kal attempted to pick Rose up in her entirety and throw her with all his might at Skyra. Should that fail, he was still just as ready to deliver another sword attack to the armoured toa.

IC: Raz - Coliseum

Everything was in order. Raz took out his tablet and brought up his credentials, a version provided to the Hunters during their short tenure as allies of Metru-Nui. It detailed everything the Vahki needed to know, and indeed openly showed his occupation as a Dark Hunter. "I believe this is sufficient?"

Edited by Onaku

OOC: mobile 

IC: Rose - Temple Assault 

The Ta-Toa realized she was now in the air, held by Kal, and before she could yell a warning to Skyra she was sent flying towards the Toa of Air, swearing all the way.

IC: Nale Vella and Jutori - Po-Metru 

Jutori hadn't noticed the undead Hunter prior and was certainly shaken by the sight, but Stannis and Arkius reminded them all that Dume was in danger and that they needed to get to the Coliseum urgently. He turned to the members of his own group. "I suppose we're going with them?"

Nale was disturbed greatly by the titan's state of undeath, and had been frozen in place until she noticed something down below. She patted Knichou on the shoulder and pointed towards Atamai and the others.

"Look--they have the disk!"

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - Po-Metru

Kanohi could hardly see as darkness had fallen across Metri-Nui. What was the cause of this strange weather? And then suddenly a foghorn blared from all around him. Kanohi startled, his grappling gun finally dislodged. He began to plummet, his heartlight flashing like a lighthouse in a storm. Frantically he fired his grappling gun, barely managing to hook the airship. He was hurled upwards, flying past the airship. As he soared he aimed down and grappled onto the roof, thumping against the hatch.

He panted, dazed, before shakily grabbing the hatch and turning it open. He slipped inside the hatch, flopping on the floor, his heartlight dilating and his breath hyperventilating. But he was inside now at least. 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC, Kohara: Ga-Metru

Kohara stared out across the water. She was deep in thought, comtemplating the will of the Great Spirit. It seemed that Destinies had been aligned in such a way that it was Kohara’s duty to help these Matoran find a Great Disk, but Kohara wasn’t sure why. Hopefully it would help with the war effort. 

She was roused from her thoughts when she heard footsteps behind her. It was Taja, carrying a couple of air bladders. “Are you ready?” the Toa asked. 

IC: Jabali - Travelling via Disk

Jabali hadn't waited to see what came of the Great Disk puzzle, nor to see the reanimated Dark Hunter; neither were things that she wanted to see, in all honestly. As soon as the Onu-Toa agreed to her suggestion, the Overseer turned her face towards the direction of the Coliseum, pulling out the most powerful teleportation disk she had. There was always, of course, a bit of guesswork involved in getting anywhere by teleportation, which wasn't the most predictable power when it was contained in a kanoka; but she used them to get around often enough that she had a fair idea of how to get the most desirable result out of them. She filled her mind with thoughts of the Coliseum and everything else in that direction, then tapped the disk against her chest.

The world didn't even blur; it was more a case of one minute she was there and the next she wasn't. Disoriented for a moment, the Po-Matoran gazed around her, but recognised her surroundings in a moment. She was still in Po-Metru, but she had indeed taken a great leap in the direction of the Coliseum, which towered a way ahead of her. Not there yet, of course; but the structure was so massive even from this distance it spiked imposingly into the sky.

She'd only ever visited the Coliseum for official occasions, like Akilini tournaments and naming day celebrations; she'd never just casually dropped in all alone. Jabali wondered, for half a minute, what she thought she was doing; then recalled the important warning she carried.

Taking a deep breath, she kept up her focus on her destination. Tapped herself with the disk once, twice more.

Two more disorienting jumps later, the great gates loomed ahead of her. By now, Jabali was resolute; tucking the disk back into her pack, she sprinted towards the Coliseum's gate, waving to get the attention of the Vahki on guard.

"Please, I've got an urgent message for Turaga Dume!"

She skidded to a stop just before the robotic guard; lifting her sash to emphasise her authority, meagre though it was. Hopefully this would at least get her heard out, as it was painfully important.

"You have to warn him that the Dark Hunters are coming for him!"

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru Great Furnace

"It was."

Sweat streamed down her face; it was almost unbearable in here, even for one who was used to the much more polluted furnaces of Xia. None of those were so large, nor so staggeringly hot... those Ta-Matoran certainly knew what they were doing when they built this place, Zecrillia figured. Removing her mask for a moment, the Vortixx rubbed her shirt sleeve across her face, trying to wipe away the worst of the perspiration. It didn't seem to help.

"But I saw you were catching up to me, so I figured why wait? And here, you're right behind me, so no harm done."

Replacing the Felnas on her face, the would-be disk hunter cast a look around her. The Great Furnace certainly lived up to its name; it was vast, and its flames looked fierce. She was pleased to note that no zombies seemed to have made it inside so far, dared to hope that would last long enough for them to find the disk they sought.

But as far as anything out of the ordinary that might give a hint to whereabouts in here the disk was, well...

(ooc: @Unreliable Narrator, ready for the next piece of the Ta-puzzle ^^)

Edited by Darth Jaller
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Nixie and Vhisola | Ga-Metru, Great Temple
Okuo found Vhisola literally on the other side of the hallway. It had been the odd numbered room instead of the even numbered room after all. Maybe it was destiny, maybe it was being tired. Okuo couldn't say. 
"What do you think, convincing?" Vhisola asked when he saw her in the new robes. They were pale periwinkle with a soft gray inner lining. A single button near the top of the high collar allowed it to open, which Vhisola opted to do. It seemed less uptight and more fashionable. "I'm taking the oath of service tomorrow to officially join the Temple, so I guess this is my last night free to be a student. I wish Nokama was here. She throws the best parties. What's up with you? You look… Excited? Surprised? Like you've seen a ghost?" 
She looked Okuo over, the hacker still in the hall. She noticed two matoran and a toa slip past, obviously busy with something. When they were alone again Vhisola gave Okuo a quick prod to the shoulder. 
"Come in don't just stand there come in and tell me what's going on."

"Wow so you're Nixie? Nokama said you were really good at divining. How well do you know Nokama anyways?" Vhisola said, jealousy apparent, her arms crossed with the untailored sleeves of her robes flopping over her hands. The last priest to wear them had long arms they'd said. Vhisola wondered if the last priest was even matoran. 
Nixie eyes the new priest with unfaltering patience. "We went to college together. She chose the life of a teacher, I chose this life."
"So you regret becoming a teacher then?" 
"No, quite the contrary I assure you."
They stood on either side of Okuo grumbling across him until Kohara asked her question. 
"Yes," they said in unison. 

Happy chat.

IC: Skyra - Temple Assault -

Now, Skyra had seen Rose get picked up by Kal, and had rushed forward to help her. But what she didn't expect was for Rose to be thrown right at her. 

And so, Rose fell right on top of Skyra, the Toa of Air's skinny frame cushioning Rose's fall a bit. Skyra of course getting sandwiched between the ground and the other Toa. "OW!"

All that armor that Rose was wearing didn't help much either as Skyra felt the wind knocked out of her for a moment, so she just laid their, stunned for a moment. 

"Ahhh...haaaaa..." She caught her breath as she looked at Rose. "...so, you like being on top?"

She couldn't help herself. 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: This was a troubling conundrum to say the least. Obviously they needed to get to the Coliseum as fast as possible for a variety of reasons. Getting the Disks to Dume, warning him of the hit. Well that latter could simply be called in. There was no real need to go to Dume themselves aside from adding to his physical security which was a somewhat questionable plan of action when the crew of the Taku were apparently wanted for some reason or another. The fact that said airship was their fastest route to the Coliseum didn't help matters.

It was aggravating to say the least. She didn't have all the information needed to make the right decision. It was time to fix that. Before Stannis could head for the airship hovering overhead Tallea stepped in front of him, meeting his gaze straight on. She respected the Wanderer but she wasn't in awe of him. Not like so many others.

"Before we go anywhere I do believe it's time for that explanation. That Dark hunter wasn't laying when he said you were wanted and it seems like relevant information to have before flying into the most heavily defended place in the city. If you feel pressed for time we can have Vashni help things along."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Rose - Temple Assault 

Rose was grateful her armor was already red. Through labored breathing she said, "Ah...d-don't talk like that, this is serious..."

She got up and offered her hand to help Skyra up, only she was avoiding looking at the Le-Toa now. 

"Sorry for uh, almost crushing you. Let's finish this big guy off already."

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)