Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC [Zataka - Coliseum]:

The warrior was standing in the shadow of one of the atrium columns, watching the comings and goings of the coliseum. Reaching out with her mask, she started to collect glimpses of thoughts in the vicinity. Not invasive, just enough to get a feel for the mood. And she quickly found a red thread.

Zataka sauntered over to the curved row of desks at the far end of the atrium, all staffed by receptionists. A pleasant-looking Ga-Matoran wearing a Faxon-shaped Kanohi beamed up at her. "Welcome to the coliseum! How may I help you today?"

She returned the smile. "Is Turaga Dume here at the moment?"

The Matoran's face expression dropped a little, but the customer service smile never wavered. Hide the pain, child. The titan felt for her. How many ridiculous demands to speak to the old man did she get each day? "Yes, he is here, but I'm afraid he is quite unavailable due to his schedule. But perhaps you can come back another day? There are visiting hours available...three months from now. I can schedule an appointment or leave him a message, if you wish?"

Zataka leaned down, resting an elbow on the desk. "You should clear his schedule for the rest of today, he is about to get a lot of visitors with similar concerns. You may want to book a meeting room." she knowingly glanced over her shoulder back to the entrance. An exasperated Orkham was still trying to explain himself to the Vahki outside, but behind him, she could see the approaching form of the massive Turaga.

"Make it a big one."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator She said she was here to help, whether in her capacity as warlord or as scrum master. =)

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Rose - Jungle with Skyra

Rose stood up again and stretched, flexing her muscles in the hopes Skyra would notice. "Once we finish this thing up we'll have more time to...hang out. Together. Like comrades do, you know?" Comrades?!

She grabbed her "suit"case and armored up once again, the damage done by Kal still visible on the shoulder. "Let's get going. I'll be right by your side out there...with a flamethrower," Rose said as she started walking back to the battlefield. In the back of her mind she wondered if she should have just confessed right there, in case--god forbid--anything happened to either of them. This was still war.

...no, they were both tough. They'd win, make it out of this, and then...her mind wandered to fantasies that made the butterflies kick up again.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra - Jungle -

"R-Right! Like comrades..." Skyra did in fact notice Rose's muscles, it was kind of hard not to. With a nod, Skyra took off a bit ahead of Rose, showing off her speed a bit. She didn't use her jetpack however, as she didn't want to leave the fire Toa behind. Besides, it was fun to hoof it on foot sometimes. 

It wasn't terribly long before they returned to battlefield, where their allies were still facing Kal. "####, I was kind of hoping they would have taken him out by now..." Skyra pulled out her Cordak Blaster, reloading it. She knew that explosions were unlucky to kill this guy, but that didn't mean it wouldn't hurt a heck of a lot. 

"Come on Oreo...get out of the way so I can do the shooty..." 

@Eyru@Tarn@Onaku

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Oreius | Temple Assault

Kal's blow knocked Oreius onto his back; the Toa hit the earth with a gasp, his sword still lodged firmly in his opponent's belly. Head spinning, he did the only thing he could thing of, which was to raise both hands and unleash a barely-controlled torrent of withering fire up at the titan. The blast of heat scoured the ground, turning grass to ash. Flames leapt eagerly forward like striking snakes.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC Kanohi - the Taku

As some of the newcomers climbed aboard the Taku, Kanohi shook his head from his confusion. Whatever this was, the Toa and Knichou could solve it, and he ... he would try to support them. In the meantime, he had not really gotten to meet the newcomers yet. And in fact he just spotted another Matoran walking up, holding a Kanoka. Maybe a Onu-Metry one? Not only that, but the villager looked like a Fe-Matoran.

Um, hello,” Kanohi waved nervously, “how are you doing? Um, my name is Kanohi. You um, like to use disks too? I get mine from Ga-Metru.”

Kanohi was covered in chunks and pieces of broken masks, all jingling and clinking together as he moved around like a crude mimicry of armor.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

23 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Barraki Fortress)

"I would think that the commands of our Lords override anything we desire. Lord Carapar desires the artifact, hence, you must give it to him. Preferably soon." Admittedly, Ostrox didn't care much for Carapar, but as long as Mantax was part of the League, then so was Ostrox, and the artifact would be delivered, even if he had to deliver it personally. Without Mazor.

IC:

"There's no need to harass Mazor about it," Irna said, brushing past Ostrox so that she could kneel down next to her undead comrade. She raised a hand and -- tamping down her hesitancy -- gently laid it on Mazor's shoulder.

"Lord Carapar may know what to do with this artifact, my friend," she said quietly. "If there's a chance that we can undo what's happened...."

OOC: @Smudge8 @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Thom - Ga-Metru Coast (Braved The Heart Of Darkness)

His own snoring woke the emaciated Skakdi up, with a jolt.

Thom breathed in, sighing with relief as he felt his body, still dry. He was safe. Sick, hungry, and lonely, but safe.

His head pounding had stopped, but he felt weak. Moving was difficult, and he still wasn't sure where he was, nor even how long he'd been at sea. But, again, he was safe. A hand slipped out from under the blanket, rubbing his face. 

After a few minutes of rather pathetic wallowing in his blanket, the Ko-Skakdi finally opted to get out of the little cabin area of the dinghy, to at least take a look outside. 

"Ah, 'ello." He muttered, half-heartedly to the night that had seemingly lasted hours and hours. He'd given up trying to figure out what had happened there. The sea stretched out for many many bio, as to be expected...

"Hold on." Thom whispered, a surprised bit of pep in his intonation. Something as his fuzzy eyesight trailed to directly in front of him. An island, looming in the distance, lighting up the dark. 

Thom's trademark grin spread wide and white across his face as he realised the City of Legends floated ahead of him, waiting for his arrival. 

"HahahaHAHAHAHAHA! YES!" He cackled out into the ocean, triumphantly and joyfully. He'd have cried if there were any fluids left in his body. He heard an imaginary song play in his head as the Skakdi danced, his intense fatigue and lack of energy ignored if only for just a happy thirty seconds or so. The boat even seemed to cheer up in disposition, merrily chugging along to what looked like Ga-Metru's port. 

The Dark Hunter sat at the front of the boat, draping the blanket from the mini-cabin over him like a curious Skaklet watching his first fist fight. His enhanced vision let him survey the approaching coast, making out little details like the night market on the bay, the Great Temple standing east of the bay, a weird bit of light shimmering in the waters below...

He ignored that last bit, perhaps wilfully, instead looking to a swimming Ga-Matoran a bit away from him. An odd time for a leisurely dip, he realised, but he wasn't one to judge. He was just happy to see people again!

"Hey!" Thom called out to the Ga-Matoran, waving at her with a genuine, toothy smile.

OOC: That's Vhisola, boss. Also everyone's least favourite murderer has arrived back in Ga-Metru.

Edited by Dane
  • Like 3

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

As Oreius was decked into the ground, Kal readied himself to swing his sword again, only to feel his knee buckle from the impact of Tekmo's hefty branch. Falling to his knee, Kal found himself all to late to avoid assaults from two different toa, an infernal torrent from Oreius, and a barrage of Cordak rockets from Skyra. The resulting impact created an earth-shattering fireball and explosion that obscured the entire area for a good minute, smoke and cinder trailing from the blast zone. Finally, as the smoke began to clear, the burning ground revealed that where the titan had stood moments before, there was now only fire...

Until moments later, the ashes and fire shifted to reveal a charred form rising out of the crater in the ground, its charred black skin smoking. Then, what had at first looked like cinders began to spread out throughout the charred titan's skin, cracks in its mutilated form glowing crimson as his eyes opened once more, gazing forward at Oreius and Skyra. Two massive wings unfolded from behind him, stretching outward and up into the sky before everyone, the sheer wingspan dwarfing even the titan himself. As his eyes moved from his two most recent attackers, something dawned on him. All around him, despite the sheer ferocity with which he'd fought, the battle for the island had turned firmly into Metru-Nui's favor. To continue this fight would only lead to his own demise. With that realisation, Kal growled, his skin cracking apart with crimson energy shining through while red burning ash to fell off his form, his natural verdant green slowly retaking his form.

"Enough. This battle is concluded, but the war is not over yet. Savour this victory, soldiers of Metru-Nui. It will be your last." With a mighty flap of his immense wings, Kal took to the skies, leaving the desolate battleground behind as he disappeared into the dark foreboding sky.

• Like 4

IC: Rose - Temple Assault (Finally coming to a close)

Returning to the combat, Rose watched as Oreius and Skyra attacked Kal, and the entity (although burnt to a crisp) rising from the ashes and admitting defeat before flying away into the everlasting night sky. She shot off a fireball at him for good measure, not caring if it missed, before turning to Skyra. "Good riddance," she said, "now let's get in there and take this place already." With that, the Toa of Fire started towards the temple, expecting her allies to follow.

@Snelly@Eyru

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Music: Crystal Quest

IC: Reliable Narrator Ga-Metru

The dizzying lightshow brought the gigantic squid to a stop as it floated in the waters closer toward the pulsing ring of Kohara’s design. Its body swayed with the pulses of blue on the lit white background of the hypnotic illusion; its tentacles moved aimlessly instead of aggressively. Sensing the moment, Kohara turned herself invisible and kicked off her perch on the sunken spire, hands spread out above her head to cut through the water and grab the disc. Just a little closer, she could make it!

At the same time Kohara swam forward invisibly, Okuo chose to make himself unseen and go for the same target. They both reached the disc at the same time, two invisible beings bumping in the water and sharing a moment of panic. Their hands grasped the disc, tugged it free, and in their sudden game of tug of war it slipped from their collective grasp and floated toward the seabed. Kohara being the more adept swimmer grasped the disc before it got too far. She turned it over triumphantly and read over the kanoka disc’s code: 256. In her shock Kohara’s concentration on her elemental powers waned: either the hypnotic circle disappeared or she returned to the visible world once more.

Nixie meanwhile considered the implications of a dangerous sea monster, an ancient temple, and the tenets of her faith in the Great Spirit. Taja swam close by her, the stars no longer reflected in her eyes as they so often were on land.  Right now Metru-Nui was like the sunken temple: lost to time, sinking away from its former glory, matoran becoming shrouded in the dark waters of fear and isolation. However, the heart of the people remained lit in the Coliseum and in those who continued to have faith. Perhaps finding faith in the heart of the temple would provide a clue?

Nixie gestured to Taja and then to the sunken temple complex. Taking another breath from the air bladder, she summoned her courage and swam toward the opening where the great doors of the temple once existed. The wood doors rotted away long ago, leaving only barnacle encrusted metal hinges on the walls. Carefully, she swam deeper into the darkness, pulling out her lightstone once out of sight of the giant squid, Kohara, and Okuo. Several small fish flitted away into the darkness, and a tiny crab on the floor of the temple scuttled towards a burrow.

Inside Taja and Nixie saw a destroyed limestone wall leading to an interior sanctum of the temple. Unlike the circular exterior, the sanctum was built in a strange triangle shape. Underwater plants found purchase on the ceiling of the ruin, and slick slimy mosses coated the walls, but bits of exposed stonework displayed strange hieroglyphics neither matoran understood. Standing figures with matoran bodies but rahi heads formed the columns holding the remains of the roof aloft. One with a muaka’s head lay on its side half broken. It looked recently destroyed as the plant life had yet to cover where the pillar snapped. 

A strong clockwise tide hit Nixie as she swam closer toward the sanctum. In the center of the sanctum she saw a small whirlpool. Before she could see where it drained her body got swept away by the current and the lightstone dropped to the temple floor. It was all she could do to hold onto the source of her air with both hands..

IC: Vhisola | Ga-Metru

Noticing the small boat with its tiny cabin, Vhisola swam closer at Thom's calling.

"Help," she shouted, "help me up!"

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC: Jabali - The Coliseum

"I... oh."

That didn't stop her in her tracks for long, however. Though Jabali did indeed move aside to let the blue-armoured Toa pass, she quickly fell into step behind him. Even if she had to jog to keep up with his longer strides, the little Po-Matoran was determined not to be useless anymore today; whatever aid she could be, she would do so.

"I'm coming with you. I can be backup if you need it."

Of course there was the question of what backup a Matoran could even provide to a Toa, if trouble was in store. Jabali wasn't unaware that the concept seemed outright silly, particularly when she had no notable powers or abilities of her own. Still, she had a staff and a handful of teleportation disks, and she could improvise as well as anyone... and she could at the very least watch the Toa's back if it came down to a fight.

And even if it didn't, two voices warning Turaga Dume of his imminent danger would hold more weight than one, she was sure.

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru Great Furnace

"Love to say I did, but..."

She really hadn't thought so far ahead. Zecrilia had picked up clues, bits and pieces, of course, so she had had a fair idea going in of what it would be like in here; but she hadn't stopped to piece together a plan. Such was her nature that she had just gone for it recklessly, with little consideration for plans or consequences. Take every step as it came, get as far as she could... that was about the full extend of her plan.

The Swordsman was probably starting to notice that she tended to act first, think later.

"Don't suppose the ladders go up that high... and even if they did, I don't think we'd get that high without some little Matoran noticing us. You Toa guys are a common enough sight not to raise any eyebrows; a shame the same can't be said for me."

She wasn't the kind to acknowledge, much less admit to, feeling unsure of what to do; but the fact remained that Zecrillia felt just a little stumped. Her mind was at its best when in the midst of some engineering problem or other, designing weapons and tweaking those designs until they would work just right; it was precise work, as much art as a simple job, and work that she could and would easily get lost in. Solving problems in the real world, with all the uncertainties brought in by unfamiliar places and presences, was nothing like that, and her mind tended not to so easily attune to them; instead, favouring the easiest or first solution she could think of.

"But one way or another, I guess some climbing is in order, huh?"

IC: Varxii - Barakki Fortress

She took Carapar's advice. Perhaps it wasn't becoming of a Toa to show such weakness; but it had to be admitted that Varxii, for all the brute strength she could muster with her element, was still pretty green as far as went the finer points of being what she was. The areas of mental discipline and the like, in particular, were weak with her; before the League had come along, Varxii had enjoyed using her power to turn back wandering Rahi and the odd vicious band of raiders or pirates who had preyed upon her home island. Nothing difficult, nothing strenuous... nothing that had needed her to display a lot of discipline or fine control. Most beings, people or animals, would have second thoughts about attacking a seemingly defenceless island when being barraged by a walking lightning storm; so that was, in essence, the extent of what Varxii had taught herself.

Being a serious soldier, maintaining mental discipline at all times, being responsible with her powers and not pouring them out until she exhausted herself... these were all things that the Vo-girl had never needed, so had never learned. Now, she was being forced to learn them the hard way.

She stopped by the medic briefly to get her acid wound patched up, then returned to her barracks... and pretty much crashed.

They'd wake her when she was needed anyway, she figured.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC, Atamai: Po-Metru

I looked up at the Matoran. He was a Fe-Matoran, but he was covered with in the remains of broken masks. Was he wearing an unfinished Kanohi Dragon cosplay?

I nodded. "I'm Atamai. And this isn't just any disk- it's the Great Disk of Onu-Metru. My companions and I had to face a sludge monster to get it. Wasn't pretty."

IC, Kohara: Ga-Metru

Kohara cursed silently to herself. Of course it's not the Great Disk... but if this isn't it, where is it...?

The temple, probably. Where else would you store such an important artifact?

Unfortunately the shock of seeing that the disk was incorrect caused her to lose concentration on her invisibility. Luckily her hypnotic circle was still there, though how long the squid would pay attention to it, she wasn't sure.

She reached forward blindly and grabbed what she assumed was one of her companions and pulled them onto her back. She began swimming toward the main temple. Kohara checked over her shoulder every so often to see if the squid noticed them; if it did, she would fire a laser blast into its eye in order to blind it.

IC: Here we go again | Ga-Metru

You know, it's not like I'm lonely down here or anything even if Senpai hasn't visited in two years. Last time was a simple house call, picking up the kids, saying he'd take them to the octopus wrestling Olympic show down near the Southern continent before they spend the summer with their aunt and uncle. But it's Senpai, and he always lies. The kids are probably down by Zakaz and its filthy polluted waters while he wastes what little he says can't be squid support payments on that filthy bluefin casino. This blue ring thing though, it doesn't lie. It doesn't talk or speak, but then it doesn't need to. It's like I understand what it's trying to say by doing it's little dance: hello, I love you, I will never leave you or hurt you. 

I believe it. I believe in the little blue light.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

OOC: hey our two teams have a Great Disk of Weaken and Reconstruct at Random — we could forge a Mask of Illusions.

IC Kanohi - the Taku

You got a Great Disk? Before the Po-Metru one?” Kanohi shook his face in amazement, “I … I didn’t know two had already been found. Let alone both were here. I thought … there was more time. Not that I know what the disks would be used for. Or why Turaga Dume wants them. I … I haven’t even been in the city proper in a long time, have I? We … we were in Onu-Metru before we headed here, the great inventor Nuparu had just been killed. I kind of just tagged along. Do you know what is happening in the city?

Kanohi’s heartlight began to speed up. He … he hadn’t even realized it, the chaos of everything had overwhelmed him too much. But his … he hadn’t patrolled the city in a long time. Who knows what could be happening in Metru-Nui? The League could have mounted an invasion. Metru-Nui might have already been conquered for all he knew. He … he had gotten so distracted with the Great Disks and Nuparu and Turaga Dume and engines and puzzles—

He had neglected his duty. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

On 3/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, Tarn said:

Jutori boarded the airship with some help from Stannis, taking notice of a nearby shockwave as Arkius shot off after the undead Vyarik. "What's that about? Wasn't that one of your allies?"

IC Stan | Po

The Wanderer had been busying himself mostly by helping the others into the Taku's hold, lifting them one-by-one with the extended rope or simply pulling them up by hand when they were near. Despite his age the man was as strong as ever, easily hoisting the new companions with ease as though they were mere dumbbells. 

"That was my friend, Arkius," Stannis said to Jutori. "I believe he intends to ensure the undead Hunter never nevermore moves.

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

Okuo was dazed, trying to get his bearings when the toa of water turned visible again and grabbed him. Now, two things came to the forefront of his mind. One, how could she turn invisible? She didn't wear a Huna, so was she like him? Another possibility, taking into account the strange light that had appeared to distract the squid, was that she wasn't a toa of water at all, but rather a different kind of toa altogether. A toa of light. Okuo thought about this as he was dragged along away from the squid and into the temple. He'd have to ask her about it when they got back into air, but for now, he knew he had to concentrate on this quest to find the disk.

IC: Ardoku - Temple Assault

A nervous toa with a satchel and a mask of healing came up to Pardehi and Ardoku where they remained hidden in the underbrush away from battle. "Perhaps I could be of assistance here? He looks like he's in a critical condition." The toa knelt down next to the matoran and the injured toa, taking a look at the dressed chest wound and the arm which Pardehi was trying to re-attach. Ardoku meanwhile tried to stay conscious, and has he looked around with bleary eyes, he could only perceive blobs of light and colour surrounding him, all the noises around him sounding distant and unclear.

OOC: Feel free to write for this guy from here, @Biological Chronicler

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

"Well. He most certainly showed fury," Tekmo muttered to himself. Before following Rosa into the temple proper, he went to check on Ardoku.

"How is he?" He asked Pardehi and the other medic.

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Dark Hunter Safehouse)

An audacious move, to be sure, to be in the sanctuary of an organisation he forsook not thirty minutes ago, but after the debacle at the Sculpture Fields, Waveahk needed a place to rest. It was dark enough for it, and he had run a very, very long way.

But he couldn't rest here for long. He was a fugitive, from both Metru Nui, and the Dark Hunters. It was only a matter of time before the latter realized his 'resignation', and that meant these safehouses might not be so safe. Without them, he had little havens left, aside from the waterways... and the prospect of staying underwater indefinitely disturbed him.

He didn't want anyone to notice, certainly not his 'colleagues', but his mutation had only grown worse over time. He could feel it getting harder to breathe air, breathing water getting easier. He could feel himself changing, his 'condition' worsening, the longer he spent submerged... could... could his mind also be affected? Was that the explanation for his recent 'behaviour'? The thought troubled him deeply.

He couldn't be an enemy of Turaga Dume and the Shadowed One. It had to be one or the other. And life in prison was better than no life at all. He would surrender himself to the Vahki, he would tell them everything he knew of the Dark Hunters and their operations. Getting arrested and thrown in prison wasn't the best plan he'd ever come up with, but it could definitely work.

IC: Ostrox (Barraki Fortress)

"Oh, so it's OK when YOU 'harass' him?" Ostrox makes a noise that sounds like he's supressing a chuckle.

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Pardehi and NPC Medic - @Onaku

"So good to see another medic around here! Why don't you use your mask to speed up the process?"

The toa medic reached out with his mask, using its power to speed up the healing process. Soon, Ardoku's arm would be fully reattched.

IC: Tugarak - Outside the Barraki Fortress @Smudge8

He approached Mazor. "Do you still have the orb?" he asked as he emerged from the door leading inside the fortress. "Carapar will need it soon. He says its for the good of the league."

Edited by Biological Chronicler

IC Kanohi - the Taku

He — Turaga Dume allied with the Dark Hunters?” Kanohi saw his heartlight pound in the corner of his eyes. “When did … did he do this? We … we thought he might have ordered Nuparu assassinated, because Nuparu would not work on his machine. But … but if he wasn’t actually working with the Dark Hunters back then, and if now they wanted to kill him…

There was so much they didn’t know. And they needed to know now.

Um, Atamai? I … how good are you at understanding …  data crystals? I think that’s what it is? The heroes I’m with recovered one from Nuparu when he … passed, and we haven’t been able to look at it yet. I’m not much of a Fe-Matoran, not great at machines. But if you … do you think you could figure out what it says? That way we can maybe understand what’s happening?

Then he spied another Matoran, one with a tablet of sorts. Was it one of those iStones? “Um, Mr. Matoran,” he called over to Jutori, his heartlight trembling, “that device you hold, can it access the broadcasts of the city? Do you know what’s happening now? We’ve been away from the city, we don’t know what’s been happening. Is … is the city okay?

OOC: like say, has the Great Furnance exploded?

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum

Jabali’s offer of help made Metru-Nui’s vigilante turn around. Maybe to say something about only working alone, maybe to share his tragic backstory or his secret identity, or maybe to argue, but across the open plaza of the Coliseum Kovac caught a glimpse of someone tall with a deer skull. Maybe it was a different Dark Hunter with a loaded disc launcher, a broken knee, and some really shiny wrist-mounted weapons  limping through the crowd and drawing the suspicious glances of matoran going about their work day?

Meanwhile, on the exact opposite side of the massive Coliseum ground floor, Zataka spoke with a matoran at one of the information counters about setting up a meeting room. At the sight of Sans and his passengers entering through the gates the matoran gave a very loud gulp. Matoran were scurrying away from where Sans stepped in his giant form, and vahki began shuffling towards the giant turaga in their quadrepedal form.

“Well, yes, a large room. I’m sure we can accommodate them in one of the banquet halls… Can your friend, um, shrink though? You friend says the occasion is about finding the Great Discs? Turaga Dume will be so pleased. He has said they are essential to our victory.” As the matoran said this she watched the turaga shrink himself and deposit the three matoran on his back on the sidewalk beside him. She could barely make him out now, given his big blue form had been towering over the main gate and he was now still outside. "What about the gardens? Turaga Dume should be able to visit there soon -- it has an open availability in about a half an hour."

For Turaga Sans and his friends, the vahki who approached them led them all toward Zataka. Somehow, the enforcers assumed they were all together.

Raz’s offer met a brief moment of silence. Then Turaga Dume’s voice echoed out through the vahki; “Hm, that could work. Please make your way to the central elevators, someone will escort you to my office within the next half hour.”

The vahki’s optics turned back on and it slipped out of the booth. Whenever Raz followed suite the vahki would lead him through a series of hallways and toward a central elevator. He noticed several security measures in place, each bypassed by the vahki standing by a door access panel and being scanned. The elevator ride to the top floor went by quick enough for traveling several hundred floors next to a silent vahki. One side of the elevator was glass and looked out on the city, giving him an ever wider view of the island he was about to leave leaderless. Finally the double doors opposite the glass opened with a hiss of interior mechanics, and Raz found himself in a massive garden with glass walls looking out on the city. A soft mist of water and heat lamps in the ceiling kept rare flowers and jungle foliage at the optimal temperature and humidity. 

“Welcome Dark Hunter,” said a po-matoran wearing soft hued and high-necked robes, “to the Turaga’s gardens. He should be shortly. Is there anything we can bring you in the meantime?”

OOC: It has not exploded @Harvali, a couple of PCs are currently running through the ta-metru great disc puzzle there.

Added more for Sans, sorry buddy I missed your last post!

Happy chat.

IC: Raz - Coliseum

"A glass of water would be fantastic, thank you." Raz replied with a smile. They took a deep breath, and in a moment of serenity and calmness, the Dark Hunter took in the pleasant view of the gardens while patiently waiting for the Turaga of Metru-Nui to arrive.

IC, Atamai: Po-Metru

”I’m aware of Nuparu’s memory crystal. I believe Knichou said that he and Stannis were going to examine it. If they need my assistance, I’m more than happy to help.”

Kohara and her invisible companion eventually reached the main temple building. They swam inside. 

The inner part of the sanctum was made of intricate architecture. Throughout the triangular room there were statues of Matoran with Rahi heads, and the walls were covered in storage symbols. 

Taja stood just in the doorway, while in the center of the room was a whirlpool with... Nixie holding on!

Kohara forced her companion (who by process of elimination was Okuo), and swam around the exterior of the whirlpool to try and get a better look at the situation. 

Edited by ~Xemnas~

IC: Thom - Ga-Metru Bay (Meeting New Friends)

She seemed a little distressed, so the Ko-Skakdi did as requested, moving close to the edge of the boat and offering a hand up, looking a little like a skeleton pirate with his eyepatch still askew on his face.

IC: Raz - Ta-Metru

While Raz was alone with the plants, casually and serenely strolling through among the planters, they ever so subtly deposited some of their blood in places out of sight. A little bit here, another bit here... Come the time when anyone else entered into the gardens, they would be none the wiser of the copious amounts of blood Raz had hidden throughout the place.

IC: Vhisola | Ga-Metru

Vhisola took his hand, sliding up into the dinghy and immediately gasping from the smell. Who let fish rot that long in the corner of their boat? After a minute she finally regained her composure and took a good look at the man who help her into the boat. He was an emaciated skin-sack of a skakdi with an eyepatch and a raggedy blanket. She noticed a very strange looking gun, which definitely did not ease her sense of danger. 

"I'm... Gaulei," said Vhisola after far too long being silent. "What's your name? Think you could drop me off on the shore near the Great Temple?"

IC: Leonn's cellphone

It vibrated in his hands when the response came in: 

"He's supposed to open the portal to drop in. Find him now. He said he'd be somewhere cold, whatever that means."

Happy chat.

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi nodded “Okay, we can wait, we can wait. We have time. Good, good, okay, okay.” He … he was okay. It was fine. They had time. They had time. 

He slumped against the wall of the Taku, panting. He was fine. It was fine.

What was happening in Metru-Nui? Who had wanted Nuparu dead? Was Turaga Dume uninvolved? And the Dark Hunters were after him was … what if he was he dead? Even if Dume was misguided he didn’t deserve to die. No Turaga did. 

He … he muttered to himself. He had done good, he had fixed the hull, a levitation engine, he had even fixed the statue that had led the Toa to the Great Disk. He … he could do this. Simple tasks, do what he could handle.

…But what could he do this far out in the Sculpture Fields? What if … what if Metru-Nui had collapsed when he had abandoned his duty?

S-simple tasks. Simple tasks.

IC: The Swordsman - Great Furnace

I scratched my chin, looking at the sprinklers above. Perhaps they'd be useful...

"Maybe instead of climbing we try swinging across."

@Darth Jaller

IC: Nale Vella and Jutori - The Taku (Uh...never thought I'd type that)

"Good...luck to him, I guess?" Jutori replied, before turning to Kanohi. The Fe-Matoran was inquiring about his iStone. "Ah, yes...it can. But I'm not sure you'd wanna hear what's been going on out there."

Nale walked into the cargo bay to greet the new arrivals. She'd undone her ponytail and let her cord-like "hair" down, giving her a more casual look. The rifle that may--or not--have dealt the killing blow to Vyarik was still on her back, and her overall demeanor was not what it was when she had first entered the bridge to confess to Knichou. If anything, it seemed like she was trying to be more chipper to hide something. "Welcome back aboard, Stannis," she said to the old man with a smile. She looked to the group of travelers they'd picked up. "And welcome to the Taku, everyone else. I guess you guys don't really have any other options since that Dark Hunter did...that, but you'll like it here. I think."

@Harvali@EmperorWhenua

IC: Idlyx Haeve - The Coliseum (Taking the Elevator)

The Hunter limped along, mentally cursing his injury the whole way as he headed for the elevators. He'd gotten out of Kovac's line of sight, although the Matoran around him had definitely noticed the Kekamaire. He sneered at the gawkers and walked up to an elevator, impatiently pressing the door button and glancing over his shoulder every now and then. Come on...I don't have all day.

The doors opened, albeit a second later than he would have liked, and the Hunter--

CRAKK

--the Hunter--

CRAKK

--oh son of a--

The Hunter's antlers couldn't fit through the ##### doors. He sighed and crouched slightly before stepping into the elevator sideways, then pressing the floor button he assumed lead to Dume's office. The doors closed and, of course, elevator music began to play...

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra - Temple Assault -

Skyra stuck her tongue out at Kal as he flew away. They'd won! Sure they hadn't been able to kill him, but getting him to retreat was still a victory. 

Without hesitation she followed after Rose, feeling absolutely giddy and even giggling as they charged towards the temple. 

Edited by Snelly

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru, Sunken Temple

Kohara swam forward and gave herself to the whirlpool. With all her strength she swam, found Nixie in the spinning, and pushed her out back into the safety of the rest of the temple. Then the spinning and revolving waters had the toa, and her old element forced its way into her mouth and the air in her lungs was replaced by the salty sea water. Her eyes dimmed, and she felt the ocean claim her as she felt her body drown…

When the spinning stopped Kohara knew she couldn’t possibly be still alive. First of all, matoran with rahi heads didn’t make sense. Wiping salt water from her eyes she saw clearer: they were large masks in the shapes of wild animals, made from bamboos and reeds and parts from hunts long past. Six matoran stood around her, eyeing her as she tried to rise from her back.  She felt she was lying on something soft. A lily pad? Spears appeared in their hands and the points of the sharpened bamboo poles were placed on her armor. Behind her she felt something dark and menacing, but she couldn’t turn around no matter how much of a chill ran down her spine.

“You do not belong here,” said one of the matoran. 

“Not now, too soon,” said another.

“Go home to your dead god in the stars,” said a third. 

“But we will take something of yours and give something of ours.” Said the fourth

“Walk in the light, star child,” said the fifth.

“And do not mourn us, for our chronicle has ended, “said the sixth.

And the spears carved into her and lifted her up and threw her back into the sea.

Kohara sucked in a breath of air from the bladder as the renewed strength of her duty as a toa filled her with unknown power. She kicked hard and broke through the whirlpool returning to her companions as the lights in her eyes returned. Nixie stared at her wide eyed, pointing toward the disc in her hand. Kohara couldn’t believe it when she looked down: the disc had changed its code to 279. As she tried to gather her thoughts something nagged at the back of her mind: what was the dark presence in her vision, and why did she feel it followed her back?

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Thom - Ga Metru Bay (Introducing himself)

The Skakdi nodded quickly, grinning all the while. "Thom's tha name. Or Patchy, ah don't mind. It's good to see ya! Ah can take ya to the temple, sure, jus' if ya can get me some water. And food, if ya please!"

He talked abnormally fast, and one of his eyes seemed to have a twitch. 

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Mission Accepted)

Sighing, the Le-Skakdi typed back: 

"Affirmative. Will meet with Nidhiki, suspect he means Ko. Best wishes xx"

Leonn pocketed his IStone after that, disappearing into the night as he began to make a hasty transit to the nearest chute station.

Shame Vyarik had to be such a vandal post mortem, that Vahki transport was an excellent vehicle.

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Coliseum (Giving Chase)

The vigilante opened his mouth to shut Jabali's volunteering down, but a familiar silhouette caught his eye.

Idlyx.

Shooting with anxiety, the Shadow of Metru Nui immediately booked it for the elevators, leaving poor Jabali behind.

OOC: @Darth Jaller

• Like 1

Kohara stared at the disk in her hand. What she saw... she wasn’t sure if it was real, nor was she sure what it meant. She would have to ask Nixie and Taja about it later. 

She began heading towards the exit of the temple and motioned for her companions to follow. It was time to head up to the surface. 

IC Kilo-M9 - The Taku

All allies are aboard airship. Preparing to board.

The mechanical enforcer walked to the ladder hanging down from the airship and grabbed onto the lower rung. The machine promptly froze in place.

LadderClimb.exe not found. Unit is unable to climb ladders. Most efficient boarding method is cargo crane.

A quick signal to its allies and a slow ride up into the cargo hold later, the former law enforcer entered the main hold of the Taku. Walking past everyone, the silent sentinel began searching the walls of the hold for something. Eventually the clockwork construct stopped at an energy port in the wall and began rummaging around a compartment on its side. Pulling out a crude-looking homemade adapter, the machine attached it to a power cord from its body and plugged it into the socket.

Turning to the assembled group the machine announced, “All allies on board. Depart when able.”

Battery charging. Charging complete in approximately 30 minutes.

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Taja | Sunken Temple

Taja swam after Kohara, following the Toa out of the ancient underwater temple.

IC: Oreius | Temple Assault

The Toa of Fire laid back, gasping for breath. That last blast had taken everything he had. Now, in addition to the bumps and bruises he'd accumulated during the battle, he was out two swords and all his elemental energy. He silently cursed the unknown being who had managed to escape despite all their efforts, and vowed inwardly to chase him down to the ends of universe. The dark stain of rebellion against the Great Spirit could not be allowed to thrive. It must be hunted down and exterminated, no matter what it took.

But there was still the temple at hand. Rolling to his hands and knees, Oreius struggled to his feet. The battle was winding down, the rest of Metru Nui's forces having all but captured the temple while he and the others had been occupied with the giant.

IC: Vashni - The Taku -

Once Vashni had secured her bike in the cargo bay, Vashni rejoined the others, quickly glancing at them. She could feel a whole mix of feelings and emotions from the group. Anxiousness, excitement, regret...

Regret? She focused on this till she pinpointed who it was coming from. It from the Toa called Nale? Yes, that was her name. She was trying to hide it, but she was clearly struggling with something, though Vashni didn't press into her mind to find out exactly what. 

Vashni thought about how to proceed. She wasn't one to ignore such things, not when she could possibly help. But she wanted to do it in a way that wouldn't draw anyone else's attention...

Wait duh. Vashni felt almost stupid for not just doing the obvious. .:Are you alright? You seem distressed:. She mentally messaged Nale. 

@Tarn

IC [Zataka- Coliseum]:

“The gardens will do fine. Which way?“

“Just take the elevator over there, it’ll take you to them.“ the Matoran replied, indicating lift doors to her left.

Zataka walked over to them, hit the button to summon the lift and then turned around, waiting for the Turaga and his companions with a knowing smile.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

.:Are you alright? You seem distressed:.

She looked in the Ce-Toa's direction and her expression changed, her smile turning into a frown, which then turned back into a forced smile as Nale tried to keep up a facade in front of the others present. I'm...fine, came the mental reply, the Fa-Toa intentionally focusing on pushing her memories down in case Vashni tried to look into them. She knew it'd be difficult to hide this from a Toa of Psionics. Everything...

...everything is not fine. But it's not something I can...talk about, at least not around the others.

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)