Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Turaga Dume | Coliseum, Office

“You do not need to bicker while we wait. You are a toa now, but you are still skilled as a planner and cartographer. Help Zataka in determining which regions of our city on the map over there need the most vahki reinforcement. If you know the chute system, find which we can use to our advantage.” Turaga Dume said calmly in the face of Korruhn’s frustration. Satisfied with his orders he walked past the toa toward Okuo. He bent down enough to be eye level, which wasn't very much for being a turaga.

"Haven't you ever wished to fix a mistake you'd made, but couldn't? What if I told you there was a way."

IC: Pridak | Ko-Metru

The words hit him from somewhere to the side of the conflict. At first it didn’t really sink in. Then, with curiosity rising, Pridak turned his attention from the grisly business of making a new territory with matoran who seemed to be incapable of dying toward the words being shouted. The army behind him was comprised of infantry from his homeland as well as vortixx and skakdi who chose to bring their anger and frustration directly to the source. They had traveled on foot from the Barraki's Fortress, unable to bring the heavy artillery or large vehicles in favor of a surprise assault. 

”Tell me, what is the purpose of this massacre?! Have these people done you some terrible wrong?! Have they perhaps refused to bend the knee to a campaign of conquest you are conducting here?! Forgive me but I am new here and unfamiliar with the laws of this land, though I'm quite certain these people pose no threat that justifies this kind of evil!!"

How rich. Behind Pridak his army turned Ko-Metru into a land free of hypocrisy, free of lies. It was a brutal, violent freedom now, but soon peace would return and the “chosen people” of the known world would become part of just “the people.” Who was this two tusked, self-declared ignorant traveler to berate him on his ideals? However, how did this man not know who Pridak, the feared and venerated Lord Among Lords, was? It was the mask, wasn’t it?

“You say yourself you are unfamiliar with this land. Are you so unfamiliar as to not recognize who I am?” Pridak called back, striding forward out of the knowledge tower’s lower plaza toward a bridge of ice where the traveler stood. The sunset made the icy ground look purple.

@Onaku

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC: Sans, Dume's Office Doorway

Sans stepped out of the way of the Po-Matoran as she ran down the hallway to summon the new-newcomers.  "I'll be gone and back, like the tide itself, huhuhuhuhu! Follow me, Kohara! Your presence really brightens my day, huhuhuhuhu! Cartographer, if you're not coming, please watch our icy friend, here.  And wait for me before you leave, if you will.  If I have to run to catch up to y'all, my staff shall smack you like a raging rapids, huhuhuhuh! Vahki, bring the buff blue guy along, as well." So out of the office, Turaga Sans led the way as he, Kohara, and a cuffed Waveahk flanked by several Vahki descended down towards the prison levels, hoping to discover what this headless monster talk was all about.  The door was left open, in case any others wanted to join.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui 

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC, Atamai: Coliseum

I looked and saw a Matoran running toward us. My telescoping eyepiece zoomed in. It was Jabali! She seemed in a hurry.

"I made it in time to warn Turaga Dume! And he's waiting for you; please come with me, quickly!" she shouted.

I looked back at my companions. "Looks like we're expected," I said. I began running towards her, assuming that the others would follow. "Lead the way!" I said when I caught up to her.

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi @Snelly @Silvan Haven @Tarn

IC, Kohara: Coliseum

Kohara nodded and got in the elevator, partially lost in thought about the whole situation.

Edited by ~Xemnas~

IC: Korruhn - Dume's Office

Korruhn expressed his frustration with a grunt, both dissatisfied at the response he got, and disarmed knowing that, regardless what the Toa of Shadow thought, Dume was right. And he had moved on in the room before Korruhn even had the chance to give him attitude. Smart move. Across the room, Sans now started toward the door, but not without making one of his signature quips first. Korruhn chuckled, and briefly looked over to the Toa of Ice Sans spoke of, smiling at his old friend.

Turning his attention now back to the task at hand, Korruhn moved to the array of panels and inputs that marked the city controls. Zataka was hard at work, clacking keys and visibly turning her head-gears at a furious pace. Instead of immediate interjection, the Toa focused on the city display, full of blaring klaxons and flashing lights. Although he studied the map, Korruhn knew it better than perhaps most others on the island. As his eyes fixed on a cluster of red dots in Ko-Metru, he closed his eyes, able to picture the entire scene clearly in his head. He knew the alleys, the traffic, and every facet of the buildings in the area. Dume was right; Korruhn could do more here than a lone Toa could ever hope to out in the fields.

"Here," Korruhn said, his armored finger pushing into the screen, distorting the image and colors. "Two things. This unit here, they're in a bad spot. Great for hitting targets directly ahead, but their left flank is entirely exposed. If we send a squad of Vahki there, and close access to those two Towers, that will keep them pinned and exposed for a bit."

Korruhn paused briefly, his eyes fixated on a group currently in motion, at an alarming pace, well away from the main fighting. He knew there was only one way they could be heading. "There. We have to keep an eye on this group. If they're on the path I think they are, we could be in trouble. They'd need Nuju or one of his translators, though."

He hadn't yet formally asked to assist Zataka, nor had he even properly acknowledged her. He extended his hand to her. "Oh, I'm Korruhn. What can I do to help?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Nuju | Ko-Metru

The researcher adjusted the telescopic lens of his mask, staring out into the distance over the region as he remembered the right path. The war going on around Nuju didn’t seem to bother him. Since Mazor met the matoran the most notable thing about him was his stoicism. 

“This way then,” Nuju said and began the march on foot toward the Coliseum. He led Mazor and Irna through the crossing ice bridges between towers, focusing on back streets or small hallways without windows to the outside as much as possible. Eventually, the arrived at a circular grate with a lock on it.

“These electrical maintenance tunnels lead to the Coliseum. I know the way.” Nuju said and pulled out a pair of bar cutters, clipping the lock off with practice. “Come along.”

The tunnels were not exactly well lit. In fact they were rather dark. Nuju led them on nonetheless, a burning candle stuck to the top of his mask being the only way to track time in the echoing tunnels. 

Eventually, when Mazor began to wonder if Pridak had actually sent him on a mission to get lost forever, Nuju stopped at a blank wall. 

“This is it, The Coliseum’s true purpose lies parallel to this wall. Be careful though, once I open it we’ll have to avoid the miasma. Here, take this. It’s dangerous to go without it down here.”

Nuju pulled out several respirators and filters, tossing them to the rest of the party. Then he took a kanoka, loaded it into his launcher, and fired it at the wall. There was a crumbling sound as the structure weakened, then burst inwards towards the party. A sickly green vapor began pouring into the access tunnel and something sticky like the blood in their own protodermis bodies pooled out into the maintenance hall.

“Don’t breathe it!” Nuju shouted as he put his respirator on and plugged in the filter, then jumped through the opening. When the rest followed, they found themselves in a very strange world without a single inorganic thing in sight. Nuju snuffed out his candle and pulled out a lightstone.

It was a hallway. Or an Artery. They couldn’t tell. Organics covered the interior of the chamber, and silvery protodermis drained slowly in a trickling stream in the center of the floor. The steam led down a soft decline. Each step they took felt like walking on a half-inflated balloon. Two silvery bohrok rolled into view, ignoring the party and instead immediately focusing on fusing the open hole and patching the damage. Nuju pointed toward the downwards direction and began to slowly walk into the darkness away from the automatons as if there was nothing unusual in the world...

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru, Archives

Ka’s dropping from the stasis cube frightened the soldier. He came to the archives with Mantax’s forces, but he was not from Mantax’s home. He was a skakdi who came from Zakaz, tried to escape the chaos that always followed his people, and now here he was letting out his pent up frustration on a bunch of rahi in glass cases.

“Karz,” he muttered. “This one talks.”

Loading another round into his zamor launcher he backed up down the tunnel towards the elevators now under Mantax’s control and fired a green zamor. He hoped the battery acid inside would hit and make enough of a statement. He knew upstairs were the main force and Mantax himself. Mantax's army was mostly foot soldiers, but some kikanalo steeds had been brought through the portal for Mantax's private hunting guard. 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC Ka - Onu-Metru, Archives

The beast reared back and from its pincers spewed a bright fluorescent fluid. The blast splashed into the Zamor sphere, rupturing the sphere and splattering glowing acid everywhere like fireworks on Naming Day. As the ground hissed and smoked, the creature made a shriek like the squeaking of pulleys, before clattering towards the Skakdi. She couldn’t roll like a Bohrok, destiny denied her that, instead scurrying like a Ussal on the beach. As she ran her pincers pulled back, and spewed acid at him. 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku - to - outside the Coliseum

The pair of Toa were ready to fight for Metru Nui, with Nale giving a nod to Knichou as they moved past their allies out into the parade grounds. She wondered if this would be the last time she saw the ex-Ghost...or any of the crew, for that matter. Part of her wished she could've said something to Stannis before he departed.

"Nale," Arkius said, exchanging a glance with her, "we need to hurry." The Fa-Toa smirked and almost immediately scooped up her larger friend, bridal-style, then activated her Kakama and zoomed away from the airship in a blur. Near the parade grounds sat a vendor, abandoned by its owner once the League had attacked. This wouldn't be notable if weren't for the fact this particular vendor sold Kanohi, and Arkius was in need of one. Nale came to a stop near it and let the Onu-Toa down. "Grab yourself a replacement. And uh, before we go fight the forces of evil and heresy, I think I should tell you something..."

@Onaku

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

I looked above for a moment, at the smoke that I thought was coming from the furnaces that was getting thicker, and could still hear the sounds of the cursed undead and their chaos. From what I could tell things were getting worse, but among this cacophony I could tell this wasn't just those vile things making this racket. "I think...I'll stay with you, for just a little longer," I replied, looking back at Zecrillia.

I then turned in a dramatic fashion and headed down the steps. "Now, come on--we need to get to the Coliseum, quickly."

I exited the alley and was met with a sight perhaps worse than that of the zombies: those very heretics, the footsoldiers of the League of Six Kingdoms, crawling about the district. I cursed them under my breath and slinked back into the shadows before any of them spotted me. "That's going to be a problem," I whispered to Zecrillia, perhaps understating the state of affairs. Nearby I could see a strange-looking entity attacking a Matoran, and almost instinctively started to reach for my sword before stopping. "We need to get that disk to Dume. We can take a different route, just stay out of sight."

I went back down the alley, but paused, my mind returning to the sight of an antlered beast of a man holding a Matoran by the throat. "Go ahead without me, and ensure that disk makes it to Dume. I'm going to stay here and protect this place," and then I waited for her answer. I wanted to see if she'd protest, or simply run ahead.

This had never been my home, but that did not mean I was going to sit idle while the League ruined it.

@That Matoran with a Vahi

IC: Jutori - Coliseum

Jutori started moving faster to catch up with Atamai and Jabali--as fast as he could go while carrying a sledgehammer. The excitement of being so close to their goal was now overtaking any other emotion and he could feel his heartlight beat faster.

@~Xemnas~

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sans, Colosseum Prison

While before it seemed to Sans that he formed some odd sort of company when he had grown several stories tall and was carrying three Ko-Matoran across Le-Metru, now an odder company had assembled inside this thankfully-large elevator.  They stood in awkward silence, and Sans considered the comedic merits of growing himself to be bigger than the big blue guy, who was in cuffs and held by some Vahki, so Sans at least felt a bit at ease.  Once the elevator came to rest, Sans let the Vahki and Waveahk lead the way.  After some time, they entered the prison level, and saw immediate carnage.  One cell was smashed open, and several broken Vahki lay on the floor.  Sans bent over to handle a piece of the broken wall, yet immediately coiled his hand back.  "It's still hot.  This was fresh.  Looks like the big guy wasn't lying."  Sans pointed at one of the Vahki restraining Waveahk with his staff.  "Report our findings to... all your other units, or whatever it is you things do to communicate.  Let as many police robots as possible know to be on the look out.  Whatever did this couldn't have gotten far."  Sans then turned to address Kohara.  "I guess we should split up a bit and see if we can't figure out which way this headless monster went.  I'm gonna go peek at the other cells and see if any other prisoners saw anything helpful.  You, uh, do whatever you think is best."  He leaned in closer, and spoke in a more hushed tone, "and keep an eye on the big guy.  I still don't trust him.  If it comes down to it, I think we can take him though, huhuhuhu."  So Sans walked down towards the other cages.  The sound of weeping caught his ear, coming from the cell next to the shattered one.  He tapped his glass against the field, and hollered at what he realized was a fellow Turaga! "Hey! Old timer!  I hope they didn't lock you up for taking too long to cross the street, or else I might be joining you, huhuhuhu!"

OOC: Sans interacting with Turaga Lhikan @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Prison Levels)

Ordinarily, Waveahk would've said something along the lines of 'don't touch the glass, the animals hate that', but the words simply didn't come to him. He was going to die down here, he was sure of it.

That didn't mean he was going to take it lying down, just because his hands were tied.

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Maintenance Tunnels)

Ostrox had made good on his word. He had, indeed, kept an eye on the Krom Sphere from a distance, stalking Mazor, Irna and Nuju through the city and into the tunnels beneath the Coliseum. Of course, he came across an obstacle when it came to the noxious gas that the Ko-Matoran so thoughtfully packed respirators for. Respirators that he, of course, didn't have.

"The things I do for world domination..." he whispered to himself. Drawing a mental map of the route he and his quarry took to get here, he followed it backwards until he stepped back into the light. Now, he'd just have to go and find his own breathing apparatus. Hopefully he'd manage to catch up before Mazor inevitably betrayed them all, but he wouldn't...

"I... HAHA... wouldn't hold my breath! AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!" ...Well, he thought it was funny anyway.

10 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Nuju | Ko-Metru

Nuju pointed toward the downwards direction and began to slowly walk into the darkness away from the automatons as if there was nothing unusual in the world...

IC:

Back home, Irna had heard stories of the Coliseum. It was the Crown of Metru-Nui, a massive tower that loomed over the city like a king in robes, serene and imperious in equal measure. It was said to have dwarfed even the tallest tower in the rest of the city, which themselves dwarfed even the highest peaks of the Northern Continent. She had heard stories passed down from merchants to farmers to the people of her village, and even in the dread of the invasion -- your invasion, a little voice in her head growled -- Irna had felt a flutter of anticipation at seeing the tower with her own eyes.

That had been a mistake, evidently.

Spear firmly grasped in both hands, Irna followed the Matoran Nuju and Mazor down into the supposed underbelly of the Coliseum, careful to avoid touching any of the silver ... fluid ... that was streaming down the tunnel. She didn't like this place. She didn't particularly like any of this.

"What do you mean," she said to the Matoran, "the true purpose of the Coliseum?"

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

7 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

“Well, we’ve made it this far. Let’s see what lies ahead for us.” I turned then to Vashni. “Would you mind leading us to Dume’s office?”

6 hours ago, BULiK said:

"Dume is in his office and there are a lot of Toa - it looks like other groups are giving him their great disks. I don't think he saw Stannis in there yet, so we might arrive before Stannis finds his way to that room. Vashni, I don't know how far the range on your powers is, but once we get close, see if you can psionically find Stannis and tell him where to go. Tallea, keep on the lookout for Nuparu's machine if you see it anywhere with your vision powers. I'll be coming with you, you all are my ticket inside."

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

I looked and saw a Matoran running toward us. My telescoping eyepiece zoomed in. It was Jabali! She seemed in a hurry.

"I made it in time to warn Turaga Dume! And he's waiting for you; please come with me, quickly!" she shouted.

I looked back at my companions. "Looks like we're expected," I said. I began running towards her, assuming that the others would follow. "Lead the way!" I said when I caught up to her.

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi @Snelly @Silvan Haven @Tarn

IC: Vashni - Coliseum -

After giving a nod to Knichou and parking her bike outside the Taku, Vashni had barely began to lead the way to the Coliseum Office of Turaga Dume when a familiar face appeared. "Ah, Jabali, you made it in time to warn the Turaga then..." This was good news. "...lead the way then." 

It didn't take long for them all to arrive at Dume's office, a bunch of Matoran, a Toa, and two great disks in hand. Vashni narrowed in on Turaga Dume immediately, she had a lot of questions for him, but they were short on time right now. For now she'd say nothing and let the Matoran do what they came here for. 

.:Stannis, can you hear me?:. Of course that didn't mean she wouldn't keep herself busy.

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi @~Xemnas~ @Silvan Haven @Tarn @EmperorWhenua I bunnyed us all to Dume hope ya don't mind <3

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC, Atamai: 

When Atamai entered the office with the others, he noticed several things. One, Dume wasn’t wearing his robes. There were tattoos covering his body. Atamai made a mental note to ask about them later. Two, the Turaga was holding a disk. Atamai couldn’t see what the code on it was. Three, Dume wasn’t alone. There were four Toa in the room, two Ko-Toa, a De-Toa, and a Toa whose armor color Atamai had never seen or heard of in the Archives records. There was also a very tall female; Atamai wasn’t sure what species she was, but she seemed to match the description of “titan”, which was a term many used for several very tall races of beings. 

Atamai turned his head back to focus on Dume. His eyepiece whirred slightly as he zoomed in on the old man. 

“Turaga Dume, we have come to bring you the Great Disks of Onu-Metru and Po-Metru. We hope you use them well. And I hope they’ll be returned to the Archives after this is over.” To the other beings in the room who didn’t know Atamai, there was no hidden meaning to his words. However, Atamai chose his words carefully in order to put a sort of irony to the situation. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Kohara: Coliseum Prison

Kohara and the Steltian went the opposite way as Sans directed. “Now, show me where you saw the headless Toa,” she said. 

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dane said:

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Combat)

Skyra might well catch a Le-Skakdi retreating from a skirmish with several vahki.

IC: Skyra - Po-Metru - 

Skyra did in fact see the Le-Skakdi running away from some Vahki. Skyra was tempted to ignore it and just keep flying, but this was an opportunity to take an enemy out by surprise. With a smirk Skyra flew down a bit lower, taking out her Cordak Blaster and aiming it at the Skakdi. She fired the weapon, launching all six rockets from the launcher so that they flew down and made contact with the ground just in front of where the hapless Skakdi was running to. 

"Not your lucky day, you ugly, grinning freak." 

@Dane

IC: Okuo - Coliseum

Okuo peered, trying to make sense of Dume's words. A way to fix a mistake he'd made he couldn't fix? What kind of...

And then Okuo's mind started racing, leaping, bouncing around and galloping. The disks. The legendary Great Disks of Metru-Nui. Fabled for being the only level 9 disks in existence. Level 7 disks were used for Noble masks, level 8 for Great masks... so a level 9 disk alone would make for a tier above Great. But there was no tier above Great... not unless... Legendary Kanohi? Yes... that was possible. Myths spoke of a Legendary Mask that did not yet exist. It was mostly just fairy tales, as most mask makers would attest, but standing here, now, in this grand office, hearing the Turaga of Metru-Nui speak of ways of fixing mistakes you couldn't fix, and that he was gathering all six of the Great Disks... and the fact that he was combining them into one disk?

"Wait... wait wait wait... no... you couldn't..." Okuo's mind drifted to those science fiction audio novels he listened to from time to time. To fix past mistakes before they happened? "You're not... talking about time travel... are you??" What a grand and intoxicating fantasy, but these thoughts were quickly interrupted as a new group entered into Dume's office. "Oh, well would you look at that?"

IC: Matrak - Ko-Metru

"Well, yeah! I don't know who you are, or what you are, or what your little army here is! Honestly I don't really know anything about this place! What I do know how ever is you didn't answer my question! By what right do you carry out this massacre?!" Matrak stood there unwavering in the face of the great Pridak and his army.

IC: Arkius - Coliseum

Arkius shuffled through a shelf of masks looking for one he could use. This one was powerless. This one was noble. Aha! A great mask. A Calix by the look of it. This would serve him well in the coming trials in lieu of his old faithful. He was going to miss that mask, and his missing eye was going to be a constant reminder of his loss, but now was not the time to mourn inanimate things. Lives were at stake. Lives were being destroyed right now. As Arkius equipped the Calix and felt his aching body re-energise to his fullest potential, he thought about what Nale said. Something to tell him. Apparently it couldn't wait. Walking out of the shop to his compatriot, Arkius gave her an inquisitive look. "What is it you wish to speak about?"

IC: Ardoku - Great Temple

A blast of light hit the toa of plasma's eyes dead on. A blinding flash of light. Ardoku was not impressed.

Being a toa of plasma, his eyes were naturally protected against bright light. Where others might have felt their eyes wash over with an intense white, Ardoku had no need to even avert his gaze. He could see the toa of twilight clear as day, and with a deft manoeuvre, the expert swordsman swiftly turned his blade in his grasp and thrust it down toward the hand emanating the bright radiance.

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

OOC: mobile post

IC: Sidra - Outside Coliseum

Thinking outside the box was key to being a successful solo operative. Whereas a military commander would look for a way to break down a fortress door, an infiltrator would seek a way to get over or around it.

That was what Sidra specialised in. 

As expected, a quick inspection of the Coliseum by Sidra's zoomed-in eyepiece confirmed the gates were locked down, and well-guarded by Vahki. Even if she didn't have an injured arm, fighting past that many guards and breaching the gate was likely beyond her capabilities. She wasn't a brutish powerhouse like some of her comrades. Her talents lay elsewhere. 

Keeping her distance and moving building-to-building to avoid the Vahki, she crept closer to the Coliseum exterior. Once she was close enough, she plucked her second nektann from her belt and flung it - high and far - towards the tower wall. 

It struck the wall, started to fall away, before its clawed appendages unfolded and clamped onto the wall. And then it began to cautiously, quietly climb up the side of the citadel, its lens slowly sweeping around to survey its surroundings, both above and below.

Sidra remained crouched in the confines of a darkened alleyway, watching the feed on her iStone. Another feed ran beside it, from her other nektann, which had emerged from its chute and was now scuttling across a bridge in the direction of Ga-Metru's Great Temple.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ko-Metru

Pridak laughed, his head thrown back as the foreigner demanded his answers as if he could freely ask questions of the Lord of Lords. Then, when he thought about it, it made sense that a foreigner could be free to ask such a question. The new man was unattached to their society, ignorant to their customs. All he saw was the outcome of centuries of brewing tension. He did not see the pimple before it had popped, just the violent aftermath.

“I am Pridak, I fight for the freedom of my people and the liberation of this world from the religious dogma of Mata-Nui. And I don’t have time for you.”

With that, he turned around and walked away. He would need to plan the next step of his assault to the Coliseum.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru

Skyra’s vantage point in the sky let her take in the full effect of the battle occurring ahead. The transit hub leading to what she remembered as Station 445, the busiest station in Metru-Nui, was in disarray. Magnetized protodermis leaked from broken chutes into the surrounding desert sands, cascading into false rivers which began to fill the shallow desert basins near the transit hub. In the light of the twin sunsets the protodermis sparkled beautifully. She could take a boat out on those false lakes, maybe a small boat big enough for only two and a picnic basket, but wait there was more.

Carapar’s infantry were forcing their way through the Assembler’s village. They attacked with all manner of skakdi and vortixx hand weaponry Skyra remembered seeing back in her fighting on the Silver Sea. Then she heard it: the blaring of a warhorn. It echoed across the desert from the open balcony of Station 445. In his war armor, with his banner held high, stood Carapar blaring his war horn. The horn was massive, easily usable as a cudgel or large club in its own right.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Le-Metru

Zaliyah and the other soldiers set about systematically destroying the transit power grid for Le-Metru. Sparks flew, compressed gas chambers exploded with flame, and Ehlek found the whole situation rather sad. He did like the technology in Le-Metru. The good news was most of the matoran they came across happily abandoned the concept of Mata-Nui and being his chosen people. They didn’t really like being the chosen people if it meant being on the losing side of the war. Ehlek was confident that the soldiers from his homeland, who all had the powers of electricity and wore rebreathers, could quickly take the region of air. If they were lucky they could even move on to the Coliseum before the other Barraki! He knew Pridak would be miffed, but what was a victory without a little gloating anyways? Pulling out a map reader, he plugged it into a working vahki unit and tried to get a sense of what was going on island-wide. 

“It looks like things in the Archives are preceding well,” Ehlek muttered. “Mantax will have his hands full with all those rahi I’m sure. Hopefully he doesn’t destroy the floors full of technology I want. I told him not to do that. Do you think he would do that? No, no, no Mantax wouldn’t do that.”

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

Mantax would totally do that. In fact, the barraki on his kikanalo steed Raja charged through a barricade of boxes, carts, and upturned desk into the massive and sprawling floor designed specifically to house the artifacts and weaponry and technology collected from across the known world. He knew what he wanted was deeper inside on this floor: a mask of summoning. Having such a mask would allow him to control the rahi in the archives and use them against their captors. He could honorably fight each one summoned as well. As slow, but enjoyable process once the war was over.

Deeper down, Ka and the skakdi named Bratak continued their fierce acidic duel. As Ka shot her beams of acid toward Bratak, he dove behind one of the stasis canisters, returning fire from his relatively unsafe cover. Looking up he realized the acid from the rahi-matoran-freak-thing had been burning away at the stasis tube. He looked around to get a better idea of his surroundings. 

Bratak came down here, leaving the main force, with the hopes of getting a little treasure on the side. He’d made his way through a series of tunnels, past a sign that said “Under Construction”, jumped a really large hole in the floor, and skooched carefully past several rows of sleeping bohrok. But now that he’d gotten all the way down here, with the elevators so close even, he got stuck in combat and couldn’t really escape without exposing his pointy spines to the enemy. Was it even the enemy? Was it even an it, or a they? Well, who cared. The thing moved and shot acid and he didn’t like those odds.

A strange bug-like sound made him blink and look up.

“Chkt.” The stasis container had weakened, spilling the fluids down the side opposite him and exposing a green bohrok with glowing red eyes and a blue krana in its transparent skull to the stale air in the Archives.

“Uh, that’s not good,” Bratak said to himself, reloaded, and tried to aim but ended up throwing his shot blindly to where he thought he heard Ka moving about in the tunnels.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Prisons

Turaga Sans’ voice echoed in the underground prisons, and the crying sort of stopped. Not fully, with a few little sniffs sticking around to echo down the hall, but mostly. The turaga with a broken heart looked up from his little corner in the back of his cell.

“Are you… No…. You can’t be Sans?”

Lhikan rose to his feet and padded across the small cell space toward the flickering energy keeping him inside. Now Sans could see Lhikan’s feet were chained together, though his hands were unbound. The chains dragged on the inside of the cell, leaving a sharp echo. 

“You are Sans. Unbelievable. I haven’t seen you since the locust plague on the Northern Continent. What are you doing down here?”

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Below Prisons

The great Kaita of the Untethered felt long and sharp metal tubes pushing deep into the earth below their feet. They felt strange tubes, alien construction, and something painful -- no they felt pained -- something was in their head. Something sharp and poking at the very front of their mind. They tried scratching at their own forehead, but the pain didn’t go away. Then they realized the rest of them was also in pain and unable to scratch its head.

IC: Turaga Dume | Coliseum, Office

“Well,” Turaga Dume said softly with a little wink. “What if I was? Imagine, fixing everything by simply going back to where it all went wrong. Imagine if you could reverse all the pain someone you care for has suffered. I would think that’s a noble cause, worthy of --”

Before he could continue the door to the office opened again, this time with several toa and matoran following Jabali. Dume turned to them, his tattoos still visible -- honestly, he didn’t feel as presentable as he’d hope to be today but the Dark Hunter had at least taken his pride in fashion from him -- as he nodded to the po-matoran. When Atamai approached he took the disks from the Archivist with great care.

“You are all welcome in my office. I wish things were more favorable than they are now. However, with things as they are, I would like to apologize to you Archivist. It will be impossible to return them to the Archives,” Dume said and fused the Great Disks of Onu-Metru and Po-Metru with the disk he’d held previously. With five Great Disks fused into one, the protodermis of the disk glowed with a soft red color. Keeping the disk firmly in his hand he continued; “but in finding them you have aided in changing the fate of this world. Did you all take part in finding these disks? I seem to remember Jabali saying there were, dare I say it, more of you?”

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Failed Retreat)

A ringing shot itself into Leonn's ears as he managed to jump back from the explosions in front of him, warned just in time by the first.

Explosive ordnance, it looks like. Not the Vahki's style, the cavalry has finally arrived. This'll be rough.

His internal monologue ran as his brain tried to steady itself, the tinnitus fading ever so slowly. He twisted his head around to spot who'd assaulted him, amber eyes behind the shades squinting to spot a cocky Le-Toa with a Cordak blaster in hand, flying above him. Had his use of an alias summoned an irritating spirit that embodied the former nameholder's attitude?

He didn't care. Time was ticking, and this Toa of Air was eating it up. Taking his shades off again, Leonn narrowed his eyes.

"Time to clip your wings." The spy murmured, before his eyes glowed a bright ruby red yet again as two bright laser beams shot themselves out towards Skyra, moving at incredible speed.

OOC: @Snelly

Edited by Dane

Atamai nodded. “Jabali is correct, Turaga. However, the rest of our company is made of Toa, and they decided that their abilities were needed in the fight against the League. So, they’re not here. It’s just us Matoran. And Vashni. She wanted to escort us.” This was a little white lie, since Atamai failed to mention Kanohi and Kilo, who most certainly weren’t Toa. 

Atamai glanced at the disk in Dume’s hands. “Turaga, how did you fuse those disks together?” he asked bluntly. 

OOC: @Unreliable NarratorWhat is the swarm saying, if anything?

IC: Ka - Onu-Metru, the Archives

Ka did not exactly have a mouth, nor the teeth of the Bohrok. But acid dripped from her pincers like foaming drool from a rabid Muaka all the same. It splashing into the ground in smoking puddles of luminance, even as she gazed through the room, searching for the Skakdi. She could see in the dark thanks to her Krana, much like true Bohrok. She would find him soon enough, and then—

But then from a hole in the floor a Zamor Sphere erupted, spewing acid as it burst. The bulk of the concoction missed her, but some droplets impacted, peeling some of the paint on her armor. She hissed like a engine venting steam. How dare this … this stranger! First he wakes her, then he hurls acid at her? The very symbol of what she was? She shrieked and lunged at the hole—

And then she heard the voice.

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Jutori - Dume's Office

The Ba-Matoran stood behind Atamai, giving an awkward "hello" to those already present in the room while holding a sledgehammer. Being here in Dume's office felt like an honor to the Matoran who had felt so low before, and judging by the presence of these Toa he was about to join their ranks.

His heartlight didn't slow down.

IC: Nale Vella - Mask Vendor (Outside the Coliseum)

Nale opened her mouth, about to say something, but stopped. Instead, she stepped closer to Arkius, and tenderly placed a hand on the cheek of his brand-new Calix. Her eyes suddenly shifted downward and she pulled away. The sound of conflict nearby reminded her this was no time for...this. "No...maybe not now..."

She started heading where the action was, rifle drawn. "If we make it out of this fight alive, I'll tell you."

@Onaku

IC: Rose - Po-Metru

Rose heard the sound of Skyra's cordak rounds, and soon came upon the Le-Toa fighting a green Skakdi. She could handle that, she thought, and gave a nod to Skyra as she ran past the two combatants, towards the direction of the station with a group of soldiers in tow. The moment she saw the first Leaguer ahead, the fighting began and the Ta-Toa unleashed her flamethrower on the heretics. "Where's your leader, huh? Does he want some of this?!"

@Snelly

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: mobile

IC: Zaliyah: Le-Metru

"If I might ask... who are you speaking to?" Zaliyah asked, carefully approaching Ehlek. 

She hadn't had much interaction with the green warlord before today, but she understood he was something of an oddity, an outsider, even among the other Barraki. 

Still, she wasn't one to dismiss or denigrate others for their differences. She knew better than most what it was like to have a voice in her head.

IC: Untethered: Coliseum 

Something was hurting them, which meant something had gotten close to them, the real them.

There had to be a way down.

The Kaita unleashed the full fury of its powers on the floor below. Great shovel-like claws of metal materialised around its hands and tore at the ground. A stream of searing heat radiated from its maw, blasting the ground as it dug. Magnetic energy tugged at trace metal in the earth, trying to churn and weaken the ground further as the Kaita began to dig down towards the tunnels it could sense below.

IC: Sidra: near Coliseum

The drone continued its upwards ascent, inspecting every window and access point it came across. Every patch of shade, every lingering shadow, was a possible access point for Sidra, but the closer she could get to the target, the better.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Hahahah how'd you like that you piece o-OH ####!" If Skyra hadn't been the nimble Toa that she was, or had any Kanohi other than her Calix, she would have certainly been hit by Leonn's laser vision. Luckly for Skyra, she was in fact a nimble Toa with a Calix and managed to dodge the lasers, if only just barely. 

It had been way too close though, she'd felt the stinging heat from those! It ticked her off a bit. She flew down even lower towards the ground and began to circle around the Skakdi evasively, switching to her Midak Skyblaster and began firing orbs of light indiscriminately at him as she continued to fly around him. 

"I don't have wings, stupid." 

@Dane

IC: Vashni - Dume's Office -

Somehow Vashni got even quieter.

Edited by Snelly

IC: Arkius - Coliseum

"Oh... v-very well." Underneath his mask, Arkius blushed. "We should hurry and get to Onu-Metru. If I'm right and they're dealing with Mantax, they may be in for the worst of it." Arkius straightened himself out, looking toward the earthen region beyond the Coliseum, before his eyes moved back to Nale. "Are you... good to repeat that stunt with the Kakama? I'm not exactly lightweight, I'm aware."

IC: Raz - Coliseum

A nektann made its way up the Coliseum's side, inspecting the windows. Raz recognised this as belonging to a fellow Dark Hunter, Sidra. With his characteristic carefree body language, the tiokaha walked up to it and knelt down to look at it, still clinging to the side of the building as if held there by gravity. "Hey there partner. I can show you where the old turaga is hiding, but you don't want to trifle with him right now. There's people in there with him, lots of them, so we're probably going to want to take this nice and slow."

IC [Zataka, Coliseum - Dume’s Office]:

Zataka finished up directing Vahki squadrons in Le-Metru. She could see the sites being targeted were chute stations. A good strategy, but it also told her exactly where the league soldiers were. The chutes could then be operated with reverse flow if needed to get as many of the robotic enforcers on site as needed. 

She took Korruhn’s offered hand, giving it a curt but firm shake. “Zataka.” she simply said. “You seem to have the home field advantage as far as Ko-Metru is concerned. Do as you suggest. I am focusing on sculpture fields in the meantime. If we strategically demolish some of the sculptures we can funnel the league into areas of our choosing and take them out in the crossfire. I will begin here and - “

The titan paused as she felt a message being sent on the mental plane. Her eyes darted up from the screen, locking onto one of the newcomers that had entered: A dark blue Toa with gold highlights - apparently part of the crew and/or passengers of the airship that had announced itself a moment ago - the Taku.

Interesting...

OOC: @Snelly @Crimson Jester

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru

He had to admit, that dodge was somewhat impressive. 

Eyes stinging, he put his shades back up, just in time to shield his eyes from the rapid explosions of light around him, yelling out in involuntarily in searing pain as some of the orbs struck him, though he managed to dodge some of the others.

Almost impulsively a metal boomerang flew from his holster out towards Skyra, in attempt to cut her pattern off.

OOC: mobile

IC: Sidra - Coliseum

The Dark Huntress' fingertips danced over the iStone screen, and the nektann clinging to the wall before Raz bobbed its sphere up and down in a motion that could be vaguely interpreted as a nod.

It cautiously prised one of its appendages away from the wall and pointed upwards, a silent question as to whether Dume was to be found closer to the top of the Coliseum.

@Onaku

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Nale Vella - Mask Vendor (Outside the Coliseum) - to - Onu-Metru

"I carry around this big rifle, don't I? Maybe you should've grabbed a Kakama yourself," she teased.

The Fa-Toa lifted Arkius (again, bridal-style) and sped away in the direction of Onu-Metru, leaving behind a dust cloud outside the Coliseum. Once they arrived in the earth district Nale came to a halt and let Arkius go, then drew her rifle again. "Lead the way."

@Onaku

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sans, Colosseum Prison

"Lhikan?!" Sans dropped his staff he was so caught off guard.  He picked it back up, rising again to see Turaga Lhikan facing him from the other side of the cell.  "You... your feet are chained?! Lhikan, my boy, what happened to you!?  I came to this island because my last home fell to the Barraki, and I wanted to inspire the Matoran here even in my old age.  I became a Turaga long ago, yet still I move around.  I give hope to the people.  I try and make them joyous and proud.  I've been helping some collect Great Disks, and upstairs a few minutes ago they were rewarded by Dume making them Toa!  Does Dume know you're down here?!"  Sans shook his head from side to side.  "Of course he does... I had heard that Toa Lhikan had gone missing.  What happened to you, friend?  When we said goodbye, Mata-Nui who knows how long it's been.  Since those Nui-Rama, yeah.  Many of the Toa who were just in the area came down to help.  You were so spry then, so selfless, and strong, especially strong of will.  Now look at you, you look near as old as me.  How did you get here?  I'm just rambling- I can't believe this.  Lhikan, what happened to you??"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Vashni - Dume's Office -

Vashni could feel attention being drawn to her, it was a subtle feeling that she learned to pick up on as a psionics user. She found herself glancing back at the titan, wondering exactly what she found so interesting about little old her. 

Well she decided to be polite and gave a small wave, just staring at each other felt a bit awkward...

@Vezok's Friend

Skyra let out some obnoxious laughter as Leonn roared in pain. Even so the boomerang did not escape her notice, and she was forced to stop shooting as she broke her current flight pattern and abruptly change direction in order to avoid it. Skyra ended up flying directly away from the Skakdi, spinning herself around so that she was flying backwards as she faced him, she started firing her Skyblaster at him once again. 

@Dane

IC: Knichou, Coliseum 50th floor

Knichou was silent during the elevator ride up, but inside that adaptive armor, his stomach doing somersaults. So many variables. Not much he could change. The die had been cast. Whether or not the other disks had been found, whether Stannis would be able to find his way to Dume's office in time, and regardless of whatever was behind that door to Dume's office, Knichou would be trapped with no escape plan. The only other way out was a several hundred meter drop. Knichou had no alternate route, no special tricks up his sleeve, he would be walking in a room full of Toa with incomplete information and the fate of the universe on his shoulders. All of this is to say that Knichou was being forced to skip right to the final exam on the skill he had mastered the least.

Knichou would have to be brave.

The elevator opened with a ding and the Fe-Matoran stepped out into the office. He kept silent for a long time - the less asked about him, the better - but finally piped up to ask an important question.

"Turaga, did you fuse all the great disks together? Is that why it's glowing?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

"The Archives! We must hurry!"

Arriving in the Archives, they could see the charred corpses of slain archivists, and the sounds of plundering deeper within. Pointedly, Arkius turned to his fellow toa, a grave expression on his features, his hands clenched tight around the shaft of his axe. "Nale, are you ready for what we're about to have to do?"

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru

This fight was testing the spy's patience incredibly hard. His eyes stung, his ears were still screaming at him and this pest was still flying around him like an angry Nui-Rama.

As Skyra changed position as predicted, two holes cracked themselves into the lenses of the shades, as Leonn grunted in pain. Two bright red continous beams shot out, as a dark liquid began to pour out from the Skakdi's tear ducts. But the lasers kept going...

Edited by Dane

IC: Skorm (Ga-Metru)

Skorm had bet on the Su-Toa not being fazed by the light, which is why he had targeted him first. Besides the protection his element afforded him, this toa also had another advantage over Skorm: the other Toa wielded a shortsword, and the other a shield and wristblade. This one carried a sword, and in a duel of weapons had longer reach. The solution was simple, yet dangerous: close the gap so Ardoku was within Skorm's range, but Skorm was too close for Ardoku to effectively maneuver.

The Twi-Toa glanced upward at the downward thrust. Using his outstretched hand, he flicked his arm and parried the thrust with a wristblade. That backhanded grip might cause problems. Deciding to give him other problems to worry about, Skorm slashed at Ardoku's forward leg.

The times, they are a-changing...

Even a Kanohi Calix has it's limits, as while it let's it's user perform near-impossible feats, it still can't do the impossible. Skyra hadn't expected the Skakdi to use his laser vision through his shades. Like who even does that!? 

Skyra attempted to avoid it but she was more than a bit late, one of the laser beams managed to graze her side, making her cry out and lose control of where she was going long enough for her to crash into the sands below her, she rolled quite a bit as she hit the ground, finally stopping with her looking up towards the sky. 

"OW! Owowowow that stings!" She was just as lively as ever it seemed. 

@Dane