Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Kilo-M9 - Archives:

Temporary alliance created.

Betrayal will be met with violence,” the machine warned the new arrival, beginning to follow Arkius.

OOC: @Tarn@Onaku@Dane

Edited by pokemonlover360

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Skorm (Ga-Metru)

As Ardoku's disk blasted from the launcher, Sko perforated it with a laser from the light he had been charging; the disk's course altered, and it slammed into the wall of the Great Temple behind them. "Orm, on you left!"

"I got it, I got it!" Orm closed with Ardoku, maneuvering his right armblade to parry the Su-Toa's sword to create an opening he could press.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Takadox | Leonn’s Phone

Did the reception reach out this far into Metru-Nui’s desert region? Leonn certainly had the phone plan with the best data package and the largest coverage -- Rush, or Skip, or something like that -- but what if it hadn’t been sent? Maybe he needed to climb a building, get higher, or do that dance where you hold your arms above your head and wave the iStone back and forth until the DING of a sent message occurs? In any case, the text came back after about a minute of nail-biting and agonizing:

Knew I could count on you.

Crab buffet once party’s over?

Found a cute place in Ga-Metru.

Takadox attached a photo of a restaurant he’d annexed earlier in the day. The red and blue facade looked nicely when paired with the surrounding location of the Ga-Metru canals. A large crab statue perched above the door frame, making the featured dish at the restaurant well known immediately. It seemed Leonn’s favorite dish was back on the menu.

IC: Mantax | Onu-Metru, Archives

The team of two toa, a krahli, and a defecting skakdi mercenary heard the shouts of the warlord Mantax before they saw him. Arkius didn’t even need his tremor sense to know the monstrous warrior’s temper boiled over, or that he stood just around the corner. Arkius did need his tremor sense to tell him the odds were against his team: four of “us” vs over fifteen of “them”. Those odds didn’t seem so bad, considering previous uses of his power. With Nale and Kilo-M9 what chance did Mantax have?

“You can come out,” called a voice in matoran, but Thom knew the lilting skakdi drawl of Zakaz from anywhere. The voice echoed in what sounded like a large hall. “Lord Mantax knows you’re there. Your fighting echoes. And he says it sounds ugly.”

Revealing their position by turning the corner would show the large antiquities room available for public access on the third floor of the Archives. Kilo-M9 knew several items on display were national treasures. One such antique, and urn found on Xia and dated from their earliest dynasty, became the spit bucket of a skakdi mercenary sitting on a pedestal once reserved for a piece of ancient art. A handful of vortixx stood with lightstone rifles primed. Several of Mantax’s species -- muscles, tall, dark armor, strange projectile weaponry, unknown abilities -- were mounted on kikanalo. In the center of them all, sitting on the stairs leading from one part of the massive antiquities wing to the modern art wing, was Mantax.

Comparing heights, Mantax seated was almost as tall as Arkius standing. Mantax's dark black armor with silver trim glittered with hundreds of scars gained from glorious, honorable duels and brutal, violent battles. Whether this would be an honorable duel or a brutal battle depended on the actions of Arkius, Kilo, Nale, and Thom. On Mantax’s lap rested his weapon of choice: the spear of fusion. His red eyes stared out from behind a mask of clairvoyance. He knew the outcome. Now he waited.

IC: Pridak | Ko-Metru

Matrak’s sudden appearance in mid-air surprised Pridak, but it didn’t unnerve him. After all, the barraki wasn’t the leader of the others for no reason. He’d had his fair share of fights with beings of all shapes and powers. He allowed Matrak to be close, and then stepped backwards and brought his arm up and away, like smacking a bug out of the air. If Matrak could evade a blow mid-flight, mid-momentum, mid-action, it would speak to his abilities as a warrior. But Pridak could already feel something in the traveler: weakness. The traveler didn’t want to kill Pridak. A shame, really. There was no point in continuing to fight in that case.

“Cease your ridiculous antics,” Pridak demanded.

IC: Lhikan | Coliseum Prison

“I, well, thank you,” Lhikan said as Kohara left. “Good luck. Don’t give in to temptation.”

With the bars opened and the power nullifying barrier discharged, Lhikan thought of leaving his cell. Then he remembered why he was in the cell to begin with. Lhikan remained seated. The stain of his act of toacide could never be rugged clean. His penance was to remain in the cell until another fate was assigned. Lhikan’s life no longer existed for him to live. He’d thrown it away the moment he killed Tuyet. Once Kohara was out of sight and hearing Lhikan whispered to the air;

“I’m sorry. Forgive me. Please forgive me. Sans was right… Sans was right.”

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

11 hours ago, Snelly said:

Vashni went over to Stannis and Jutori moments later, they hadn't left just yet. "I'm coming too, can't let the newbie die on his first day as a Toa right?" She gave Jutori a wink. 

9 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Atamai sighed sadly and said nothing. The others in the room began filing out. Stannis was going to leave with Vashni, Jutori, and Jabali. Atamai turned. "Wait, Stannis," he said. The old Toa turned and looked at him. Atamai walked up to him. "Stannis... thank you... for everything you've done," he said quietly. "I'd go with you but... I'm not totally convinced that Dume's plan will work. I think there's another way we can use his machine without sending someone back in time... So I'm going to stay and try to convince Knichou to try my idea. If I can't... well, I don't know what'll happen." He stood up a little straighter. "Good luck, Stannis."

6 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka, Coliseum - Dume’s Office]:

6 hours ago, BULiK said:

Knichou turned to Stannis. "Goodbye, friend. May Mata Nui protect you in the battle to come. If I don't see you again... well... we both know what to do."

IC Stannis | Office

It was a moment of bittersweet goodbyes as the remaining members of the office party went their separate ways to fight the battle in their own ways. The old prophet bade each of them a farewell in turn. To Knichou, he sagely nodded, acknowledging how much the former Ghost had grown in the span of the couple days they spent together; he hoped that he also gained some precious wisdom to guide him in the coming chapter. Atamai was offered a sturdy handshake and an offer to help him learn the secrets of the Kanohi Haonga when it was all over—both as a jest and truth—adding a brief mention that they should at least converse about the shipment to the Archives. To the others, Tallea and Okuo among them, he gave a gracious blessing. There was no time for further feelings or appraisals as all of them knew the urgency of the moment, and there was a distinct chance they would never see each other again.

But to Zataka... Stannis turned to the southron conqueror and offered a warning. "Zataka, be wary of yourself." It was an innocuous enough statement but its meaning rang loud and clear for her without needing to use her Suletu. She knew Stannis' reputation as a bane to the side of the Six Kings and a potent opposition to their rule, just as he knew her lust for power was an addiction begging to be scratched. The Wanderer had spent much of his quest effectively combating usurper warlords, and he could pose just the same threat to her. Do not become as they have or I will treat you the same, it meant. 

And then he turned on his heels and exited the office. Gesturing to Vashni, Jutori, Jabali, he beckoned them to follow. "You are my Companions now. Let's go. And Vashni—how is Kanohi? Offer him a choice to come," he said. 

The path towards the hangar bay was unmarked and Stannis guided his friends with seeming haphazard steps, taking passageways the others would have ignored and doors that could have been mistaken for janitorial closets, and yet it was only a short time later that they found themselves standing next to an airship. Like Sans before them, a vahki pilot quickly assumed control of the vessel and initiated liftoff.

And then, finally, the aged toa slumped on the floor against the bulwark of the ship, as he had on the Taku, and rested even as his mind whirred with thoughts. 

OOC: Leklo/Korruhn post comes tomorrow. I wanted to get that done today but had a couple setbacks. 

IC: Knichou, Dume's office

As Stannis left the office, Knichou accepted Okuo's fistbump.

"Knichou. Previously a Nynrah Ghost, presently... a Toa I guess"

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Arkius - Archives

"Face me, Mantax! You and me, right now!" Arkius strode half-way into the room before knocking the shaft of his axe into the ground, standing before Mantax with fury in his eyes. "Come and avenge those weaklings you have for soldiers!"

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Dane

IC: Matrak - Ko-Metru

"Cease this slaughter and I'll consider it." Indeed Matrak evaded Pridak's strike, disappearing to above him and throwing an arm out to try and grab the shiny mask from the warlord's face. With no knowledge of the mask's significance, Matrak was instead focused on removing a piece of perceived armouring to expose the face to further attack.

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Iradra - Ta-Metru

A radiant toa quickly strode through the streets of Ta-Metru. More and more, matoran lay slewn and charred on sidewalks or in the streets as she advanced further into the district of burning industry. Occasionally she caught glimpses of what she hoped were living matoran, dazedly trying to get to safety, only to realise they were as lifeless as the burning corpses in the streets, merely reanimated dead clinging to a life they had long since been robbed of.

Eventually, she came upon someone she realised was a soldier of Kalmah, a vicious expression on his scarred and mangled features as he turned to face her. Iradra's own expression turned resolute. Down the street from the brute she saw clear signs of his crimes, matoran skewered by his spear or chopped by his crude axe, or worse, torn apart with his bare hands. Their blood still dripped of his mutilated form. The brute stalked closer. She stepped forth. And then in short order the two clashed weapons, the brute possessing strength but Iradra finding to her surprise a grace and speed she never thought she could have.

Swiftly parrying or leaping away from the brute's vicious attacks, Iradra delivered her sword in a thrust to his gut, producing a pained grunt from the brute who tried to retaliate, with Iradra swiftly pulling her sword out and avoiding the brute's axe which lightly scraped across her chest armour as she leapt out of its way. Iradra subsequently managed to pull similar techniques, thrusting when there was an opening, and avoiding blows from the lumbering brute, only once wincing as the brute's spear dented her leg armour inwards. Iradra panted. The brute slobbered and heaved. He was bleeding now, quite heavily. The brute roared. Iradra shouted. One more clash.

Iradra clutched her arm. A nasty slash that had cut through an unprotected spot and torn through her sleeve, the blood seeping into the cloth and colouring it. The brute lay on the ground, defeated. Iradra sighed, panted, then picked up her sword from the ground and clutched it tight in her hand, moving on.

IC: Okuo - Coliseum

Okuo nodded and smiled politely. "Now then, about a machine we need to repair?"

@BULiK

IC: Ardoku - Great Temple

Ardoku met with Orm's blade, but swiftly turned their clash around to deliver a thrust aimed for the opponent's shoulder. Even with one arm in a sling, Ardoku was still a deft swordsman.

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Saved?)

The Le-Skakdi let out a happy, relieved chuckle as he read Takadox's message. 

He looked up, though, to see Skyra and Rose likely eyeing him. He had to be quick, or he wouldn't get a chance to say what he wanted to say.

"Not sure I can make it. Compromised, still in Po-Metru but with enemies (think my use has expired). Lots to say...not enough time or reception. Wish I was with you, more often than realized before. See you, Tik-Tak." ~L.A.

Leonn looked up expectantly to Rose and Skyra, hand creeping to the shoulder holster. The two Toa were far too much for him to face, but this was the end of the line.

Might as well put some effort in.

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives (Facing Mantax)

The brash and immediately murderous outburst that kicked off the conversation was enough for even Thom to snicker at Arkius.

He wasn't averse to getting into a fight immediately, but...

"Was reckoning ah'd be the one ta say somethin' dumb." Thom murmured, still snickering.

OOC: @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Raz - Coliseum

There was a knock on one of the larger pieces of glass still remaining in the window frame, though a piece of it fell out and shattered on the floor as a result. "Hey, so I guess the job's done." Raz stood there in the corner of the outside ledge of the window, surveying the room before their eyes came to a rest on their fellow Dark Hunter. " Congratulations on that by the way. Time to go then, innit?"

@Nato the Traveler

"It's quite the extraordinary artifact - a device that transfers the power of Kanoka into a being. Nuparu finished it, but sabotaged it out of fear of this machine falling into the wrong hands. He left all the schematics necessary to undo the sabotage in a memory crystal, which I have memorized. I assumed this device was moved to Dume's office by now, but it appears to be somewhat hidden."

Knichou glanced around the room for anything obvious, before seeing a Tiohaka enter the office through the still-broken window. He shot this dark hunter a look that could kill, his fiery green eyes fueled with unholy rage behind the blood red Kakama. Words were not necessary to communicate his disgust at the being.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Raz met the death glare with a friendly glance that betrayed no care for the Toa's distaste for them. "Oh, that reminds me. Any of you Toa go by the name Vashni or know someone by that name? A matoran covered in masks asked me to make sure they got his message."

IC: Ostrox | Cortex adjacent

As the warrior of Mantax’s army abandoned his charge to explore his surroundings he found himself becoming lost. It wasn’t that Ostrox didn’t have a good sense of direction or know how to navigate a series of corridors. The corridors changed. He went back a few times to confirm, and realized the more he felt lost the more he seemed to be lost, the corridors of meat and slime shifting and contorting to accommodate his experience. However, in the depths of his feeling lost he found himself feeling the call of something, and smelling the scent of ocean breeze and fruits.

Ostrox began walking through strange spaces, natural spaces, tropical spaces. Each one past in a blur, as if taking a walking tour through some strange museum of the private lives of individuals he'd never known. Eventually, he stumbled out onto a beach in the afternoon. The sounds of gulls echoed from up high, and the sunlight made Ostrox squint until his eyes adjusted. Behind him was the lush green tropical shrubs and grasses he emerged from, above him were palm trees and coconut trees. Ahead of him was the softest, whitest sand he ever saw, and a cerulean blue ocean stretching as far as the eye could see. In the distance along the shore rose a tiny cabana of palm leaves for a roof and carved coconut tree trunks for pillars. A matoran sat on the steps of the cabana, feet playing in the cool water up to his ankles. A thick cigar perched between his lips and he held a short glass with a single large ice cube floating in an amber liquid. From somewhere unseen beyond the sea came the sounds of steel drums, marimba, and accordion. Ostrox noticed the red color of the matoran’s armor, and a mask of regeneration rested on his face. Had he walked into memories, or into another world entirely?

IC: Takadox | Leonn's Phone

You better show up. There's no way I can eat all this crab!

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Tekmo (The Great Temple)

"GET OVER HERE!" Tekmo unleashed a cluster of vines from his arm, stretching towards Sko, intending on pulling him closer.

IC: Ostrox (???)

Well, this all seemed rather too good to be true. This almost certainly some form of illusion. Perhaps, to protect something important?

"Why hello there!" He said to the Matoran in the process of irreparably damaging his lungs. "Could you tell me where I find myself in?"

IC: ??? | Cortex?

The ta-matoran looked toward Ostrox, curiosity piqued and indicated by the raised brow. "Uh, sure, hello there stranger. You'll need to be a bit more specific though. You lose your map or something cutting through the jungle?"

IC: Pridak | Ko-Metru Bridge

For the traveler to be able to shift momentum, change location, disappear and reappear, all in the span of a moment proved to Pridak he now dealt with a very annoying fly buzzing about him. The scales were beginning to tip from “shoo fly go away” to “crush it with a hammer”. Obviously this fly wanted to take the mask of Creation from Pridak, a worthy treasure to steal. Matrak’s attack met a narrowed stare and building anger as Pridak caught the attack in his warsuit’s protosteel palm.

“You will cease your ignorant flailing or you will be crushed,” Pridak said as he went to toss Matrak aside. “You know nothing of this world. Go back to where you came from and tell them you’re unwanted here. If you don't have the common sense to run home, then I'll send you back myself."

And then Pridak turned his full attention to crushing Matrak. He rolled his neck, which let out a crackle, and the armaments on his shoulders flared to life. Cordak rounds burst from their launcher, toward where Matrak landed. Pridak took a stride forward, applying physical pressure on Matrak's position.

OOC: I'll get a full profile up for Pridak this combat ASAP. I don't think it's fair to @Onaku otherwise.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Mazor-The Cortex

Mazor felt a lump in his throat. He looked at the cube, flicking the movable parts a little. He thought back to when he had been guided to use the cube and acidentaly changed the sky. He had felt genuingly happy, if this really was Mata Nui's will, and he was chosen for it, why should he hesitate, but there was still one thing. He turned to the avatar. "I understand that with the war outside, and Ostrix is going to find a way to wreck this place, you are in a hurry. I just . . . How do I know I can trust you?"

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Dume | Cortex Memories with Ostrox

“You’re new? Here on Mata-Nui? This island? That’s strange… No one’s been able to leave or come in for a very long time. The coral reefs and the treacherous currents further out have stopped travelers from visiting, and then there’s Xa. How’d you get in? I’m Dume, by the way. Don’t worry, I promise I won’t report you for illegal travel.” He winked, took a puff on his cigar and sighed. He opened a small case hidden on the other side of him and offered a cigar to Ostrox. “Smoke?”

IC: Reliable Narrator | Cortex

Mazor felt something then, a tug on the back of his mind. It was the warm and cozy sensation he felt in the airship on the ride back from the grotto. It didn't feel like the being before him. Mata-Nui wanted things, demanded things, operated on the knowledge of all things. Whatever Mazor met earlier was something else. Something timeless and perfectly happy to wait. He could see the faint glow of the red halo on the console behind Mata-Nui. Mazor felt that warm presence direct his gaze to the console on the raised platform, the one with the red halo hovering above it. He felt the Krom Sphere, or the Orb, or the fidget cube, or whatever Mazor wanted to call it, hungering to be placed in that specific console. But he couldn't just walk past Mata-Nui and place it there. He'd seen what happened to Nuju.

IC: Mirror Mirror | Coliseum Office

“Atamai’s right, the Nui Stone is mine,” said a woman’s voice from the mirror. She was polite, but firm. All heads turned to the large rolling mirror and they could see in the reflection a toa of water wearing dark navy armor. Amethyst gemstone shards decorated her collarbone and around her heartlight. Tuyet wore dark colored garments in the blue, smoke grey, and purple color scheme of her armor. Her eyes were a soft white glow behind her mask of intangibility. Tuyet’s hand pressed against the glass, as if she’d been leaning in on the conversation. How long she’d been there no one knew. A strange cavernous workshop formed the background behind her in the mirror’s reflection, and Knichou spied Dume’s machine surrounded by mounds of spare parts and power cords running out of the viewable reflection.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Dume | Cortex Memories with Ostrox

"You heard of me or something?" Dume asked as he put the offered cigar away. He kept the same laid-back posture as ever. He seemed like a different Dume to the elderly and paranoid villain of Ostrox's time. "So you don't know where you are. Do you at least know where you came from?"

• Like 1

Happy chat.

:One war at a time, Stannis. Good luck.:

She watched the Toa leave, then briefly checked on the status display again to see how the Vahki were fairing. So far, they managed to hold the line with some help, but Le-Metru was getting pressed. Stannis’ group would be of great help there. Her thoughts were interrupted by one of the other Toa, saying something about a necklace. What necklace? Oh, that one.

She glanced at Atamai. :Perhaps don’t talk about powerful artifacts in front of the hunters, you don’t want to -:

Again, she was interrupted. This time by someone wholly unexpected. Heads turned towards the full length mirror. The warlord raised an eyebrow.

“Tuyet, I presume? Hard for the dead to make claims.”

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Dume's Office)

Well. It was clear no-one was going to do anything about him. They were far too busy doing whatever it is they were doing. He felt parched, and his lightheadedness was worsening.

"Could... could I have a drink?" He asked one of the Vahki guarding him.

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

"Well, no. Are you familiar with a place called 'Metru Nui'?"

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Sidra - Dume's Office

One by one, the Toa abandoned the maddened dreams of the dead Turaga, even those who owed their newfound power to his final breaths. Changing time, bringing Sidra herself to justice, all of it was apparently non-consequential in the face of the Barraki's advance. Only a handful remained, evidently at-odds with Metru Nui's new ruler, and with Raz having finally made his presence known, the odds were starting to shift. 

As Atamai stepped up to Zataka, demanding the stones, Sidra's hand shifted to the hilt of her sword. 

And as those in the room started to turn their attention to the figure in the mirror - Maybe it's another telescreen? Doesn't matter. - Sidra adjusted the sword's dial, reducing the density of the blade to its intangible state. 

Her hand whipped forward, the sword phasing effortlessly through its sheath and the desk, and sliced towards the bag at Atamai's side. If a regular kanoka could be activated just by a Matoran throwing it, a severe jolt of electricity from an Electro Chute Blade was sure to do something interesting to the fused Great Disks. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rose - Po-Metru

Her force field dissipated, and Rose swiped Carapar's war horn from what used to be one of the Six Kings. She studied it in her hand for a moment. "Heh, that wasn't so hard," she said, before spitting on the warlord's remains.

Rose turned to Leonn. "I guess you kept up your end of the deal, guy. Nice w--"

The Skakdi's hand was wandering. Going for a weapon? No chances with these League men.

"..."

She lifted the war horn and then swung it towards Leonn's head.

@Snelly@Dane

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

She stayed around the corner, back against the wall, cursing under her breath. "Arkius--!" she whispered, trying to get the Onu-Toa's attention and failing. She sighed.

And waited for an opening.

@Onaku@Dane@pokemonlover360@Unreliable Narrator

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Clunk)

A quick and desperate reach for his boomerang was cut short by Rose whacking him upside the head with the large horn.

Instantly battered into unconciousness, the Skakdi hit the floor, IStone to clattering the ground near the station.

A message notification lit up the phone as he drooled onto the ground. One he'd probably never read until it was far too late.

OOC: @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 1

IC, Atamai: Coliseum

”Tuyet. You’re supposed to be dead. How are you there? Let me guess, magic?

Just then, Atamai saw Sidra moving out of the corner of his eye and jumped back, her sword barely missing his satchel. 

An anger rarely seen in the former Archivist lit up in his eyes. “Really? Really?! First you kill Turaga Dume, and now you have the audacity to try to take this disk?! You disgust me, Dark Hunter.”

Atamai moves back to be next to Knichou, Tallea, and Okuo. He took a deep breath and began to speak: 

“Mata Nui, grant me the power to teleport myself and others I am in physical contact with to places I have physically been. May this be done only if I have been to the destination within the last seven days. Amen.”

In his head he heard a robotic voice: “Input: accepted."

”Now leave. Before I make you leave.”

Edited by ~Xemnas~

"What I'm getting from that is that you're now the only person alive who knows where those accursed disks are," Sidra replied, "Which means killing you is the best way to make sure they're never used..." she tapped her iStone, and the nektann still perched on the balcony, forgotten by all since Okuo had first noticed it, opened fire on Atamai.

In the same moment, Sidra bounded forth from behind the desk, circling around to take another swing at the Toa with the intangible, electrified blade. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jabali - Airship, off to War

She wasn't even able to think, really, about what had transpired back in the office. It seemed impossible to Jabali that Turaga Dume could be dead; even though she herself had saved his life earlier that day, and knew the threat he had been under, she still just couldn't comprehend that the leader of Metru Nui was... no more. She could remember exactly what she'd seen - his heartlight giving out, the way his life energy had fled from him, and then the way his body had been thoroughly destroyed to prevent it from being seized by this apparent reanimation plague. But it just didn't seem real, and she could barely dwell on what it meant.

She knew what it didn't mean, though; it didn't mean that Metru Nui was left leaderless in her hour of need. The gigantic titan had seen to that; and while, in the long run, that might be concerning for the people of the city of legends, for now it was a relief to know that there was at least someone who was able to take the reigns of mounting defence against the Barraki forces.

Even so, she couldn't help but wonder whether her saving Dume's life earlier had been for naught. She'd brought him, what, a couple more hours? If even that; she'd lost track of time passing since she'd arrived at the coliseum. Had there been any meaning to what she'd done, at all?

No, she reminded herself. Not for nothing: because she'd bought Turaga Dume those extra hours, there were now seven new Toa to join the fight against the League. Seven Toa, she knew, could mean the difference between victory and defeat; so she had, indeed, served a purpose by coming here. And now, hopefully, she could serve another one.

All these thoughts spun through Jabali's head in a whirlwind as she trotted after Stannis and his two fellow Toa, jogging to keep up with their longer-legged strides. For just a moment, she wondered if grabbing one of those remaining Toa stones might have enabled her to keep pace better with her new companions; but she swiftly cast the thought aside. Not only had she earned no such right, she had no desire to be a Toa. She wasn't ambitious, and wouldn't be any good in the hero role in any case.

Besides, there was nothing shameful about being a Matoran.

She followed the three Toa aboard the airship that Stannis had picked, watched as they did whatever they did - presumably beginning to make preparations for the battle ahead. That, in fact, was something she ought to do too, Jabali supposed; she had her staff, but that was largely a ceremonial tool, good for little in the heat of true combat. Not that true combat was something she'd ever experienced before.

If they were indeed going right to the head of the League advance, though... she needed something better. Being careful not to disturb Toa Stannis as he claimed a patch of floor for his own, the Po-girl stepped around him and made her way towards the ship's hold.

With a little luck, there'd be some weapons stashed down there; or at least, something that would benefit her in what was sure to be a war zone.

((ooc: @Unreliable Narrator what might Jabali expect to find in the hold that she could use? Or should I just make up something appropriate?))

IC: Zecrillia - Office... not Dume's any more, I guess.

And...

That was it for the old man, Zecrillia supposed.

Dume's death had a big impact on many of those present, it seemed; and the Vortixx supposed she couldn't blame them. The old Turaga was, what, the founder of their whole civilisation? Or at the very least, its leader for many centuries. Many of the Matoran and Toa alive today probably had never known any other rule but Dume's, so it was understandable if it rocked them to the core.

To her, however... he had been another employer, but that was all. His passing was sad, sure, as most needless death was; but the biggest impact it had on her, Zecrillia reflected somewhat regrettably, was wondering whether she could still expect to receive the promised payment for turning in the Great Disk and for her work as a designer of weaponry. That, probably, was a question for Zataka.

Though the other woman seemed to have other things on her mind right now. Between the literal invasion happening outside the building, the mystery machine Dume had left behind, the Dark Hunter from out of the closet (so to speak), debates about a necklace, and... a Toa speaking to her from out of the mirror? Okay, that was weird, but Zecrillia actively decided that it was one question too many for her to concern herself with. In any case, seemed like the new ruler of Metru Nui had her hands full.

Instead, she took a couple of steps towards Toa Knichou.

"Like I said to the old man, if you need an extra pair of hands working on that machine, you can count me in. I know my way around intricate weapons and the like."

Someone, somewhere down the line would pay her for her work, she was sure. Maybe.

Hopefully.

Out the corner of her eye, she caught a flash of Sidra making her move; but without being near enough to stop the other woman, the Vortixx could only wait and see what would happen.

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

The Nektann’s fire was deflected by the titan’s blade. Despite her casual demeanor before, she had been paying attention to her surroundings, both with her senses and her mask. She looked at the hunters with annoyance

“Enough.”

Her free hand crackled with energy again. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Skyra - Po-Metru -

Ah, well...that happened. It didn't surprise Skyra a whole lot, but apparently the Skakdi was all the ready to attack them as soon as they're finished off Carapar, figures...

She landed on the ground by the now unconcious Leonn, Rose was quick as always and had dealt with him before he could even cry out for his boyfriend. Speaking of his boyfriend...

Skyra grabbed his iStone and looked at the messages. "Ew...they're soooooo cheesy! I hate it." As she read the messages it was pretty obvious that his boyfriend was most certainly a warlord, though she had figured as much beforehand. 

Skyra looked back at Leonn, they could just kill him but...something about doing that just didn't feel right. She may have left the Toa Code behind when she became a soldier on the front lines, but that didn't mean she'd murder someone who couldn't even fight back... 

"Rose what should we do with him? If we kill him I won't be able to sleep good for at least an hour." 

@Tarn@Dane@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vashni - Team Stannis -

" I lost contact with him during well...everything that was going on, but let me try and reach him again..." Vashni had stated, doing just that. .:Kanohi, if you can hear me, I'm with Stannis right now, we're going to Le-Metru:. 

Vashni grabbed her bike on the way to the airship that Stannis acquired and parked it inside. It just might come in handy for once during this adventure, you never knew. On the airship, Vashni watched as Stannis slumped onto the floor of the airship. He looked, tired, both mentally and physically. Vashni could empathise, she hadn't not had any rest since she she'd helped the Matoran gather two great disks. She decided to sit down next to the older Toa. 

"If you ever need to talk, about anything, I'm all ears. I'm not a professional psychiatrist or anything, but people say I'm a good listener at the very least." 

@EmperorWhenua@Harvali@Tarn@That Matoran with a Vahi

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Knichou was about to acknowledge Zecrillia's offer for assistance when his attention was drawn by the dark hunter making a break for the disk. As Atamai narrowly escaped the first strike and began to move towards Knichou, Zecrillia, and Okuo, Knichou felt like apparently he needed to learn his new powers the hard way. As Sidra jumped over the desk, homing in towards Atamai, Knichou saw his opportunity.

Though his first step or two was still visible to the naked eye, the rest of the journey was a blur as Knichou ran in a curved path so he would hit Sidra's flank at impossibly fast speeds. It was his first time using a Kakama, so he didn't try anything too tricky. His arms were in front of him, bracing for impact. He just needed to push the dark hunter off balance to prevent her blow from landing on Atamai.

Edited by BULiK

OOC: @Snelly
IC Kanohi - the Coliseum Grounds

Kanohi meanwhile was grappling across the wreckage of Metru-Nui. Refugees were pouring into the center of the city, seemingly hundreds of Matoran from Le-Metru scrambled and stumbled as they fled, their bodies broken and singed with ash. The few remaining Vorzahk holding the hordes of Ehlek back as best they could, hurling Kanoka and power from their Staffs of Erasing. But the Vahki could do little. There were too many of Ehlek’s legions, and more and more of the clockwork beings fell to the horde.

The vigilante swung low to the ground, scooping up a Le-Matoran just before he was struck by a bolt of energy. Kanohi dropped him off behind some debris, before hearing a large boom, like the roar of a forgotten beast. He hooked a skyscraper and hurled upwards, searching for the source. Another bridge was collapsing. And it was between Le-Metru and the Coliseum without it, the retreat would slow to a crawl, the Matoran.

Kanohi grappled over, flinging himself skyward. As he rose he aimed his disk launcher and fired two disks of regeneration. Like Toa stars igniting for the first time they flew, slamming into the bridge. A chunk of the bridge regenerated, and the Le-Matoran piled across, tripping and stumbling as they fled. Le-Matoran were never the best on walking on the ground, and their fear made them walruses.

He grappled down, swiping his disks. But as he hurled in the air he realized the shine of one of Those Kanoka had faded, its power drained. He was down two disks now. 

And then Kanohi got Vashni’s call.

He stowed away both disks, and focused, trying to cut through the static of wandering thoughts and anxiety to send the Toa a message. “Be … be careful, Toa Vashni. I’m trying to rescue Matoran, hundreds seem to be fleeing from Le-Metru, the district may have fallen. As for what I wanted to share … I guess Toa Raz did not reach you. I do not know if … whatever I saw matters now. The city matters, the Matoran most of all. But … in case I die, and if you have the chance, look into my mind, I will recall the memory.”

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Dume | Cortex Memories

"Metru-Nui? No. You looking for it? Or you saying that's where you're from?" Dume leaned back, letting himself rest on the wooden boards of the cabana floor. He stared up at the bamboo wind chime tied to the rafters in the ceiling. They played a sort of haunting melody. "Sounds like a nice place. Good strong name. Nui, so I take it it's an island?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Happy chat.

Agility was something Sidra specialised in, but even her lithe form was no match for the speed of a Kakama... especially when she was already in mid-leap. She was battered to the side, striking the wall near the mystery mirror. 

Scowling at Zataka's interference, inwardly seething at the fact every surprise attack she'd attempted today had failed, she nonetheless raised her sword hand to her wrist-mounted iStone to deactivate the nektann's weapon for the moment, before shifting into a defensive stance

"You don't actual want this, do you?" She asked the titan, no hypnosis power accompanying her words this time, "Changing the past will undo everything any of us have ever done, including your success here today... assuming using those disks doesn't destroy just us outright." 

There was no ulterior motive for Sidra in this. No one could be trusted with that kind of power. Not the Barraki, not Zataka, not the Shadowed One, and certainly not some freshly-minted, moronic heroes chasing the dreams of a demented dead man. 

IC: Skyra - Po-Metru -

"Hehe~ I got this." Skyra clicked a button on the iStone, straight up starting a video call with Tik-Tak so that when the warlord answered, he'd straight up seeing Skyra giving the peace sign with Rose carrying the unconcious Leonn in the background. 

"Hello Tikky Tak~" Skyra turned on a filter so that hearts showed up all over the screen. 

@Tarn@Dane@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Well see I don't actually know what his message is, all I know is he wanted me to make sute one 'Toa Vashni' had received it." It was in that moment that the room erupted into chaos from Sidra's actions. Raz sighed and shook his head. "Every time."

IC: Okuo - Coliseum

Okuo did a double take as Sidra made her attempt. Before he could even think about reacting, his fellow toa had rushed into action to knock her off course. "For goodness sake, we don't even know if we're going to do anything like that. Dume may have been our turaga but do you really think us so blindly loyal to him that we'd mindlessly follow through on such a radical plan with zero regard for the consequences?!"

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Iradra - Ta-Metru

Making her way through the rubble of Ta-Metru, Iradra came across the devastated and beaten body of a fellow toa. With a skip of her heartlight, she quickly rushed to the injured toa's side, placing one hand under his head and looking at his wounds. "Please, stay with me. Find your strength."

Under thick cover of smoke beneath a darkening sky, Iradra could scarcely see the extent of the toa's wounds. Taking a deep breath she slowly reached inwards, carefully creating a soft radiance in the palm of her hand which illuminated the toa's broken body. To her bewilderment, as she directed her light over the wounds, they seemed less severe than she'd thought.

Yet unbeknownst to her were the healing properties of her light, which slowly but surely mended the injured form of the Obsidian Swordsman.

@Tarn

Edited by Onaku