Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC Alpinist | Ko-Metru

”Yeah. It’s [poo],” he said sardonically. “Look like it come from anything you’ve seen around before?”

He looked up and continued to spy the apparently frozen-over door with wary. Something must be living up there, he thought. Other than the [poo] there wasn’t much indication that chamber was a den, which only pointed upwards. 


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Escapement Profile

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

Vyarik might be surprised then as Arkius shot up and away from him, and at that same moment, the torrent of earth came barrelling straight around for the Dark Hunter's back. Arkius lingered in the air for a moment as this played out.

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru

As Arkius went up, so too did Vyarik, using his left-hand blade to repel himself away from the ground, while driving his unactivated right-hand blade straight up towards the Toa's chest. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

With a slight alteration to his angle of momentum, Arkius was out of the way... well, almost. He winced as the blade cut across the side of his chest, but Arkius got away with only a shallow flesh wound as he landed on the ground again, the torrent of earth passing behind him before his loss of concentration made it fall to the ground. He'd gotten reckless. He couldn't allow himself to be reckless. There were lives at stake here.

Hefting his axe, Arkius turned to face his opponent once more, ready to give vigorous chase if he ran, or defend himself if he attacked.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

This time ready, Arkius kinetically shot himself out of the way, gaining a small amount of distance between himself and the Dark Hunter. This guy wanted his head. The Hunter was focused on him. All he needed now was to beat him. All he needed now was one good hit. Just one hit.

...

Arkius stowed away his axe and raised his fists into the air. Once more, he leapt into the fray.

Just one hit.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aksa, Silver Sea, Ripple

Son of a—

Aksa drops the splintered spear to the ground in disgust, mostly with herself. She knows immediately which component failed, surely there was no need to double check the stress calculations after the latest modifications, she'd told herself, yeah, brilliant move there, Aksa—

Focus. She raises her shield squarely between herself and the visorak, eyeing it cautiously, scanning the room for more attackers. None yet. Her metal hand twitches in anticipation of burying itself in the spider's face, but the time isn't quite right, she feels. Instead, she triggers her mask, focusing on the creature's legs and attempting slow its movement by disrupting their mechanical components.


Q2TtLEz.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Finally posting on an actual computer, which lets me change my text color. Hooray!

IC, Atamai: Onu-Metru

I glanced back at the group. "Well, Bohrok is what we're calling them, anyway. I heard through the pipeline that miners in the Lightstone Mines uncovered them, and some were sent here to the Archives for further study. Their bodies are entirely mechanical, like the Vahki, but you see those mask-looking things in their heads? Those are completely organic and alive. Very weird. I didn't hear about where they were put after the people studying them were finished, so I guess they ended up here."

I then noticed a massive hole in the floor and walked carefully over to it. "Well this is strange," I said. "This hole's got scratch marks on it. It's also a bit too deep to climb down safely. Vashni, do you think you can use your powers to telekinetically lower us down it?" 

  • Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

Six Kingdoms: Atamai, Kohara

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Aboard the Taku

Knichou watched in horror as Arkius was slashed across the chest with one of the Dark Hunter's swords. He was hoping this earth Toa could hold out long enough for Stannis to return, but clearly the odds of that were getting slimmer by the second. Knichou raced to the compartment with the Toa Canister at the rear of the bridge, where there was a porthole he could unlock and open that had a view of the battle below. He took a moment to open it, and stick the barrel of his lightstone rifle through it. With just barely enough room to aim from that position, Knichou fired an explosive lightstone at the dark hunter while Arkius charged to engage in fisticuffs, hoping that the shot would disorient the dark hunter long enough for Arkius to get a punch in.

Edited by BULiK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Cartographer

Ko-Metru Hideaway

"Nope." The Cartographer rolled his eyes. "And unless whatever it is decides to surprise us while we're in here, I suppose we'll never know."

The Cartographer turned his attention again to the puzzle, the Matoran corpse now out of his mind. His gaze wandered upward, and set upon the strange door that seemed to float in midair, frame and all, directly over the chamber. His brow furrowed, and he rapped his finger against the chin of his mask in frustration. Again his eyes darted to the plinth, and back once more to the door.

"Can't say I've ever seen something like that either. We've got to get up there somehow," he pointed again to the plinth, and the graffiti of the towers within a circle. "What do you make of that door? I know you've been thinking of routes in your head; got a way up there?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua


deathstranding_display_30.png

HUMANI GENERIS MACHINAS, OPERARI SIMUL, ET MORTUUS SOLUS

Six Kingdoms: The Cartographer BZPRPG: Korruhn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru (elevator still)

Nale immediately ducked behind the chute for cover, expecting Stannis to follow as she blind-fired a round behind her in Waveahk's direction.


IC: Rose - Beach Assault

"Oh, Karz--"

As the beach came down on Oreius the nearby Rose raised her shield to protect from the rocks that had mingled with the wall of sand, seemingly less concerned about him and more annoyed at the obstacle between her and the brakas at the treeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "Let me go first." The scientist had been fairly quiet for this portion of the journey. Both out of a sense of caution from the less than less than friendly environs, and because she was trying her hardest not to be distracted by all the exhibits. Everything down here was so fascinating. Pieces of art and technology that made her mind whirl as she passed them. Sure this level was mostly rahi but even those held enough technical mysteries that Tallea would have loved to come here as an actual tourist at some point.

Now however, it was time to get her mind back on the task at hand.

"Whatever made that hole was big and had sharp enough claws to leave marks on the floors of this place. Aside from Vashni I'm the hardest target in our group and she's is going to be busy ferrying the rest of you down. I'll head down first and guard the landing site as she does so."

She'd been walking around a civilian section of Metru Nui in combat armor because she'd needed to run a function test after doing some extra tinkering on the internals. Apparently she was going to get more of a test than initially planned. At least she'd get some good data before this hunt was over.

With a  glance that swept of the rest of the group she stepped to the edge of the hole and looked down. The drop was a bit much to just drop, even with her armor. But the multiple levels between here and there added some extra options. The armored Matoran took one step to the left, placed her foot on a part of the edge that was more bent than blade, and jumped. The foot pushing forward off the edge gave her the angular momentum needed to shoot across the gap and land safely on a stable section of one of the lower floors. Repeating the move got her down on the lowest unbroken floor in short order and she turned in place, eyes and ears both open for any surprises.


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: mobile post

IC: Vyarik - Onu- Metru

The Dark Hunter ran to meet the Toa, blades at the ready. He caught a momentary glimpse of the charged lightstone streaking towards him from the side and both ducked and shrunk to avoid it.

As he drew close to Arkius he shrunk down small and dropped into a slide, both blades activated, aimed upwards and angled slightly outwards.

His goal was to snap the Toa's legs out from under him by repelling them in opposite directions.


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives - Level 7 -

"A Bohrok...." Vashni stared at it for a bit as Atamai gave a brief explanation on what they were even doing there. 

She snapped back to attention as Atamai asked her if she could lower them further down. "Alright." Even as Tallea made her way down on her own, Vashni began to use her telekinesis to lower the others down safely, one by one.

IC: Skyra Daring - Beach Assault -

Skyra let out a woohoo as she launched herself from the airship, as a Toa of Air she was right at home with falling from the sky. As she fell towards the beachhead she waited till the last possible moment to straighten herself out and use both her element and jetpack to land safely on the beach. "Never get tired of that! Always get's my blood pum-" 

Skyra's chattering was interrupted as the airship they'd just left above was hit. ", that's not good." Skyra turned her attention to the battlefield, the others already advancing forward and engaging the enemy. Skyra figured she should do the same and charged forward, opting to stay on the ground for now. 

The Toa of Air could see two Skakdi of Stone were giving her friends some trouble. With a grin Skyra leaped into action, using her jetpack to fly up a bit before unloading her cordak blaster at the two Skakdi from the air, firing six mini-rockets at the duo. "This outta soften them up a bit." 



My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jutori - Archives

The sensation of floating downwards was odd. I got that feeling in my gut--the sensation of falling that I'd felt sometimes while taking chutes, or in bad dreams, and it made me tense up slighty. But, I trusted this Toa to get me down safely without harm. I observed the damaged floors around me as I descended, sparks some times spraying out from exposed electronics and more visible scratch marks at intervals.

The image of the machines in their tubes with the organic, face-like masks in their transparent braincases stuck in the back of my mind. A question repeated, one that I didn't think I wanted an answer to.

Where did they come from?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Aboard the Taku

Missed, Karz...

It was rather difficult to get a precision shot off through this porthole, and it didn't help that the dark hunter somehow saw it coming - a downside of glowing ammo. Knichou squeezed off his last charged shot at the ground underneath the dark hunter and pulled his rifle out of the porthole. Charged lightstones could be effective even if he was inaccurate because of their blinding explosive power, but uncharged lightstones had no chance of hitting the size-shifter if he was looking out for it and on the move.

Knichou closed the porthole and went back to the helm. He took control of the airship and rotated it at a right angle so that the bridge's window was facing the dueling duo. At least from this position he could see what was going on and react to it if necessary. He slightly raised the airship's altitude and backed away from the platform a bit, reaching near the limits the airship would allow without ripping the anchor off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | Beach Assault

A wall of sand rose before Oreius like a cresting wave, rocks falling from its surface like drops of water petrified. The last two shots from his palm burned harmlessly into the wall, vitrifying the sand but doing nothing to stop its advance. The Toa of Fire stumbled as the ground under his feet became less than solid, and then, in a shower of dust and rocks, the wave fell.

Karz—

A spark of panic lit itself in his belly; fueled by adrenaline, Oreius threw out his hand before he could think and recklessly conjured a thermal blast, high in intensity but short in duration. It functioned like an impromptu jetpack burst, blasting him twenty feet to the side through the falling debris and onto the sand. He rolled to a stop, then staggered to his feet, a little singed but not much worse for wear.

Overhead, he heard Skyra begin to unload her blaster towards the treeline. Hoping she would provide him with enough cover to get within melee range, he continued up the beach.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-The Ripple

Mazor could hear the chittring and clashing of battle behing him, but he kept his mind focused on the two remaining airsips. He loaded another weakness disk and started scanning the second airship, looking for the cockpit.

IC: Jephro-Island Assault

Jephro's mind realed as he hit the beach. Energy blasts and elemental attacks flew around him. He looked around for something he could do. A massive wall of stone rose above him. Looking at his allies he considered lightening gravity so they could jump the wall, but two toa had already managed to make their way over. He looked around, stunned, with no idea of what to do.

IC: Informant (Duplicate)-Ga-Metru

One of informant's duplicates snuck allong the alleyways of Ga-Metru, headed towards what he assumed was Vhisola's home. A bounty had been put out on her head, and while he doubted  he'd make the kill himself, but he'd gather any information his fellow hunters needed.


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

"Can't say I've ever seen something like that either. We've got to get up there somehow," he pointed again to the plinth, and the graffiti of the towers within a circle. "What do you make of that door? I know you've been thinking of routes in your head; got a way up there?"

IC The Alpinist | Ko-Metru

"Mm I reckon so," the climber said as he walked to the grotto's wall and pulled an ice axe out. He tested it against the ancient ice and the pick bit into the pristine wall with a satisfying crunch and an assuring firmness of grip. He could ascend the ceiling and get to the level of the door, dangerous as it was, but the bigger problem was that the frozen door was just that, a door... without a barrier it could lead to the other side of, merely floating seemingly without a tether in the somewhat middle of the grotto. As curious a sight as that was, the real issue was probably one and the same as the written riddle. "...Once it comes to it," he finished. He stepped away from the wall and approached the plinth instead. 

"In unity, wisdom," he whispered to himself. "Two-hundred fifteen? One hundred twelve? No. Why only the numbers ending in four?" the Alpinist wondered aloud. He sniffled, disliking the briny musk of shellfish that filled the air of the room and tried to block it out instead. This riddle posed something more challenging than merely scaling the walls like an ice spider, and he was not about to give up on it so soon. His mind raced frantically, matching the thrum of his heartlight, as he tried to see how any of this made sense or fit together. 

The graffiti looked a lot like the Ko-Metru sigil—he wondered if that was just a bit of innocent pranking, or, more likely, if it was a hint, something the deceased matoran on the floor used to piece together whatever he did for the riddle. If that were so, he realized, neither of those inscriptions were part of the real riddle, they were just notes. He started looking around the room again, this time looking for new patterns. Where, he wondered, had the previous adventurer gotten those numbers in the first place? There needed to be more clues! "Look for numbers, patterns, anything else," he said to his new friend and went to investigate the corpse. "You are right. I think our dead pal here only solved half the riddle—but how?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator lemme know if you want me to roll for perception or whatever, lol. Also paging @Crimson Jester.

 

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

Quote

The elevator came down without any sign of Vyarik, much to the Fa-Toa's chagrin, until the doors opened and she saw the passenger. Her eyes lit up. "Toa Sta--"

The crack of a weapon being fired. Nale ducked and a Zamor sphere flew over her head.

"--nnis. Good to see you again." She turned towards Waveahk, briefly forgetting about the prone Thom. "Mind helping me with this?"

"Sure," was all Stannis said to Nale before the small area around the lift was buffeted by an onslaught of laser beams. Stannis ducked down with Nale and ignored Thom as well.

"There's no use fighting on down here!" he said, though Nale was immediately disconcerted should she notice that the sound of his voice was not coming from the Stannis she could see. "Go, run to the elevator and hold it open for me—I'll seal our escape."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Escapement Profile

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Onu-Metru Archives, level 7:

Tracking targets. Targets heading for bohrok stasis tubes.

Citizens have stopped. Locating hiding spot. Hiding spot found: behind bohrok stasis tube.

Identifying targets. Comparing to archives personnel records...

Match found: Atamai. Fe-matoran. Archives worker, tourism division. Does not have level 7 clearance.

Identifying other targets. Not found in archives personnel records. Does not have level 7 clearance.

Analyzing probability of mission success against all four targets: 34%

Unfavorable odds.

Conclusion: observe further and prepare for future confrontation.

...Targets are traveling down tunnel to lower levels. Targets do not have lower level clearance.

Matoran in exo-suit has left immediate area.

Ba-matoran has left immediate area.

Toa is using some form of telekinesis. Lack of mask glow indicates toa of psionics.

Analyzing probability of mission success against two remaining targets: 73%

Favorable odds.

Toa is distracted using powers. Best opportunity is now.

Engaging...

***

The robotic law enforcer step out from behind the tube it had concealed itself behind and immediately launched two energy bubble bolts at Vashni and Atamai, the last members of the tour group remaining on the upper level. Charging forwards, blades drawn, the machine whirred in thought before a sound emitted from a seldom-used speaker in its cranial unit. It was a voice, or rather, a jumbled mass of voice fragments, some recorded from archived footage of city-wide announcements, others from overheard conversations, and a few pre-programmed words in a deep, masculine robotic voice.

Citizens will Return to WORK stations. Access to this sublevel is reSTRICTed. Remain still,” the speaker crackled. The mech continued to march forwards, green eyes aglow with dispassionate professionalism.

OOC: I am hereby joining the tour.

  • Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Tekmo was a little disconcerted that 'Kotero' apparently had the strength to tear down the gate with her bare hands. However, at present he was more concerned that she tore down the gate in the first place.

"THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I JUST SAID WE WERE DOING! This isn't a 'public service'! The only reason the lock is broken is BECAUSE YOU BROKE IT!"

 

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru)

Waveahk dived out of the way of Nale's blast, taking cover on the other side of the chute, taking the time to reload his Zamor Launcher.

"Lying down on the job, I see." He says to Thom.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru

She peeked out to check the position of their enemy, deciding not to worry about the fact that Stannis had seemingly learned ventriloquism.


"Our friend here's parked on the other side of the chute," she said. "I can't get to the elevator, unless me getting shot is part of your plan."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Peekaboo)

As Nale peeked out of her cover, she'd be surprised to see Thom, on his back, revolver out and loaded.

Likely before she had any time to react, Thom fanned the hammer, firing 4 blazing hot fireworks at her face.

  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

His enemy shrunk down. A lightstone whizzed past. The Hunter went into a slide. Blades raised up and out. Arkius only had a moment to react.

One foot down, touching the ground. The other foot forward. Arkius aimed it. Right in between the enemy's weapons. His foot went for a punt that upon impact would impart every last bit of kinetic energy Arkius could muster. He knew he wouldn't be able to muster the strength or focus to use the mask again for a while if this worked, and if the enemy managed to attack him in retaliation, his leg would probably be broken... But no matter what, upon impact, if there was an impact, the enemy would be sent flying into the sky, from where he'd land either in the Silver Sea or in another Metru. 


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vira, Le-Metru Business District

The Le-Matoran walked down the street.  Quickly.  But not too quickly.  Quick enough.  He got off work later than expected.  He had to make it to the head office.  "Ash-Bear Apartments, there."  Vira scuttled in, slouching off the bag on his shoulder so he could hold it in his nervous hands.  He made no eye contact- not with the Vahki across the street, not with the other few Matoran in line with him, and not with the clerk as he was called up next.  "I'd like to finish signing off on a new lease.  I brought 3 month's rent in advance."  Vira overturned the bag, spilling widgets across the counter.  If his worried hands or concerned yet quiet face didn't betray his emotional state, the uncomfortable shifting in place Vira performed while waiting on the widgets to be counted up and the final paperwork to be brought to him must have.  None of it mattered though, Vira just needed to sign the papers and get back to the Apartment. 

After several boring minutes, he had the keys in hand.  Again, Vira walked.  Quickly.  But not too quickly.  Quick enough to reach the rundown neighborhood his new lease was in before Twilight waned into night.  In this part of town, one could hear Vahki raids and wild Rahi and bustling business carts and Matoran at all hours.  Being close enough to the shoreline, occasional large ferries and other massive ships could sometimes shake the floors of a few of the more rundown buildings.  Vira waited for the two Vahki across the street to turn the corner before he conjured his keys.  Click. Drop. Creeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaakk.. The old door was solid metal, rusted some.  Not many windows on the street-side face of this apartment complex were lit.  The lobby's front door didn't even latch.  Vira didn't know if it was better or worse that this unit had its own street-side door.  This was no time to ponder pointless questions, though; Vira needed to hurry in and shut the door.

And once inside, the dusty lights flickered on.

And a figure rose from across the room to greet him.

"I paid for the room, just like you asked.  Please, don't ask anything more of me."

"Did you move quickly?"

"Y-yes.."

"But not too quickly?"

"Yes I followed every instruction.  I have the keys here, and a copy of the lease agreement.  Paid in full for 3 months just like you said."

The figure rose from a broken-down couch across the room and paced alongside the crummy walls before beckoning Vira over.  "Your friend needs your help now. Watch the door as you come over, harr!" The titan chuckled as he directed the Le-Matoran around a tunnel in the floor... an ominous tunnel... leading only to some dark depth.. or leading to this apartment if you're at the other end, mayhaps.  As Vira came close, the titan placed a firm hand on his shoulders, and pointed at a dirty yellow Matoran tied to a chair without any mask.  "Your friend seems to have dropped his mask.  Turns out, those Metru-Nui-made masks don't last too long under the heel of a strong foot!" Smack! A force on his back flung Vira a foot forward, landing on his hands and knees in front of the shards of a dirty yellow Kanohi.

"Why are you doing this? Just please let us go now.  If I miss work again, they'll replace me!  The chutes need workers, and the Vahki will come looking for me!  My friend is no use to you if I get arrested.  Please, let us go, we won't tell anyone you're here!"

Othorak gripped Vira by the back of his head, the Steltian's palm squeezing around Vira's skull.  "I wish I could believe that."  Crunch.  So ends the life of Vira.  His mangled head slammed into the filthy floor.  The dirty yellow Matoran tied to the chair barely nodded his head.  His heartlight was barely shining anymore.  "You served your purpose as well, imp."  The titan kicked aside the dead Le-Matoran as he made his to the captured Matoran.  Without a word, Othorak crushed his skull, too. 

Night was settling across Le-Metru.  Othorak meandered around his crawlspace hole to lay down on top of the under-sized couch.  He settled in and turned off the lights.  In the dark, Othorak schemed.  "Tomorrow they'll search for the missing chute worker, but they'll never find him.  No one would've noticed him walking here.  He was quick.  But not too quick. The day after, they'll try and replace him.  But after the third chute worker disappears, then they'll struggle to replace them.  The system's strained enough as is.. A missing worker here, a misplaced shipment there... Before people know it, Le-Metru is going to be grinding to a halt.. and when the work has to stop.. heh.. I'll make sure to fulfill my orders."

Othorak went to sleep with a sinister smile on his face.

 

OOC: Yeah, I'm colorblind, so I'm going to do everything I can to avoid typing in Red and Green again lol.  For the record, Othorak is not up for interaction, just lemme do my own thing I promise I'll either get killed by a GM controlled Vahki unceremoniously or weave myself into other players' narratives later on.  For now, just enjoy the diabolical schemes of Othorak ;) Also this takes places a few days before present-day events, just to be clear.  This is like a prologue post; the real and current story starts next post.

Edited by Azibo

beaverdkc.jpg.058196aea1189a8be42d4020232ee8e0.jpg

Wait, this isn't dancing_lariska.gif..?   SKE: Sans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: sorry for my absence, I misread the situation, didn't realize Nale and Thom's fight was so close by to Kanohi.

IC Kanohi - Matru-Nui Streets

Kanohi was swinging through the city when he finally heard the sounds of weaponry firing off. H lurched in the air, nearly forgetting to hook the next building before swinging around. It was close to where that smoke cloud had formed, wasn't it? Dang it, he misinterpreted that smoke for an escape into the archives, that the fighters were gone now. His heartlight pounded in shame, had he just ... just been foolish, or had he wanted any excuse to leave? Coward.

He began to mutter under his breath, "I am useful. I am useful. I am helpful. I am helpful. I am not a coward." He grappled over Onu-Metru, to see two Toa fighting a Skakdi and ... something primal in shape. Kanohi swallowed at the scaly skin and flaming eyes of the creatue, even out of its gaze the mutant was horrifying. But he ... he was messed up once already, he could at least try to help the Toa. 

Kanohi hooked onto a building and launched to its side, hanging from above as Stannis and Nale fought Thom and Waveahk. He ... he could at least mend the street if it got damaged or-

Immediately a series of small explosion erupted in the street, an uneven beat like the rhythm of Kanohi's heartlight. As the embers died down he could see the street wasn't too broken up by the barrage, at least not yet. He swallowed and fluttered his fingers against his grappling hook, before reaching into his mound of asks with his free hand and pulling out his disk launcher. He aimed a Regeneration Kanoka and held it at the ready. Should more damage be unleashed, he will fire one of his disks at the ground or the nearby buildings,  try to keep the city from falling apart as the Toa fought.

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Of Villagers, Outcasts, and Heroes: a Kanohi Fanfic A Restless Freak in Paradise: a Kanohi Fanfic The Company of Cowards: a Kanohi Fanfic  A Village Against the Rahkshi: a Kanohi Fanfic Escapement Profiles: Kanohi  Ka 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BULiK said:

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Aboard the Taku

Missed, Karz...

It was rather difficult to get a precision shot off through this porthole, and it didn't help that the dark hunter somehow saw it coming - a downside of glowing ammo. Knichou squeezed off his last charged shot at the ground underneath the dark hunter and pulled his rifle out of the porthole. 

7 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

His enemy shrunk down. A lightstone whizzed past. The Hunter went into a slide. Blades raised up and out. Arkius only had a moment to react.

One foot down, touching the ground. The other foot forward. Arkius aimed it. Right in between the enemy's weapons. His foot went for a punt that upon impact would impart every last bit of kinetic energy Arkius could muster. 

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru

As the Toa's foot swung down at him - the glow of his mask suggesting the kick would be far more fearsome than normal - Vyarik was suddenly flung upwards by the ground exploding underneath him. In the resulting shower of stinging stone and blinding light, Vyarik's vision was understandably impaired... but not his comprehension of basic physics.

He was still moving forwards. The Toa was still moving forwards. They were a split-second from impact

He struck out with his feet, his slide now an airborne two-footed kick, likely on a collision course with the shin or knee of the Toa's own kicking foot. One of Vyarik's favourite aspects of his mask power was that, even shrunk down, his body retained its full strength, which meant for Arkius, this was really going to hurt. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Onu-Metru

A split second from impact, Arkius' eyes widened. His foot would not connect... but his knee would. There wasn't enough time to redirect all that energy... The impact wouldn't be as powerful, but it would send the enemy flying wide off the platform, perhaps into a different part of the Metru if the angle was right. His kneecap was going to break, but a split second wasn't enough time to worry about that before it happened. All that could happen now was the result of their collision. Time was up.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru, furnace sub-district

Well. Well. Well.

Toa Power in exchange for Great Disks... wasn't that something?

Perhaps she should have noticed the offer earlier; one of Zecrillia's tendencies, however, was to lose herself in her work. She had, whether consciously or not, completely tuned out the old Turaga's broadcast earlier that day, engrossed as she was sketching out plans for a new weapon for the defenders of Metru Nui. She wasn't done yet, of course; weapon design was as much an art as anything else, and the Vortixx put in the time and effort that befitted such works. But even as carried away as she could get, the foreigner wasn't immune to your basic daily needs; hunger had been gnawing at her for about a half-hour before she finally put down her pen and gave in to the desire to snack. It was only as the Vortixx made short work of a box of crackers - brain food, as she liked to think of them - that she checked her istone to catch up on what she'd missed.

Interesting. Very interesting.

It was, perhaps, a bit less than coincidence that Zecrillia knew more or less where the Ta-Metru Great Disk was stashed. Not an exact location, by any means; but she'd been poking around when she first arrived in Metru Nui, asking casual questions of her new neighbours, and found a clue that intrigued her. Mostly, she had been considering a weapon that could draw upon the Great Disk's power, imagining it as a fine bit of craftsmanship for if the disk should ever fall into her clutches; it would be something to deliver a mighty punch to the League that had killed her brother. Still, she hadn't had any real intention to act on the idea, at least not to the point of seeking out the disk herself.

But if Toa powers were being exchanged for such a disk, that abruptly meant it was valuable.

Things that were valuable, people would pay for.

And some matoran, desperate for the power being offered, would certainly give her a pretty penny in return for doing the difficult legwork for him or her. And that was an opportunity not to be sniffed at.

It was this reasoning, then, that had brought her here, to the particular sub-district of furnaces and fire pits where she was now wandering. Somewhere in amongst them, the Vortixx knew, the Great Disk had to be hiding. While searching each and every furnace and foundry wasn't an ideal start... it still was some kind of start. And that, usually, was good enough for her. Turning in place on the street, her chilled blue gaze scanned the outer facades of one building after another.

"Now, where would a Great Disk be hiding..."

She mused aloud, not expecting anyone else to be close enough to hear - or to answer.

((OOC: For anyone who wants to be in Ta-Metru, Zecrillia is open for interaction ^^))

 

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, League Airship

She'd done it!

She wouldn't admit aloud, of course, that she'd doubted herself for a moment; still, the whoop that Varxii released was less a victory cheer than a sound of pure relief that she hadn't fouled up. Between her lightning and Skorm's powers, on top of the fired disks, they'd managed to carve out what looked, to her, like a fair chunk of the catwalk - and its occupants.

Good thing Visorak couldn't swim.

Her cheer was cut short, however, as the airship shuddered again under yet another impact - how many was that now? She'd lost count - and Varxii couldn't help but wince. Some degree of damage to their airship didn't faze her; with her extremely practical mask power, she could mend a decent amount of it after the battle. But for that to work, there needed to be enough of the ship left for her to repair; and at this rate, she wasn't certain how confident she was of that fact.

A glance revealed that the enemy vessel that she and the others had blown a hole in was drifting out of her range of vision, too; presumably to join its friend. And the sounds of battle could be heard from inside their own craft. Varxii glanced to Skorm, wondering if the other Toa, seemingly the senior member of the expedition, had a specific plan.

"Permission to go help tackle the boarding party? Or do you want me to run 'round the other side and keep taking shots at the airship?"

Edited by Darth Jaller

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: More soon... For now, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ko-Metru Hideaway

The Alpinist and the Cartographer paced the circular room thoroughly. They quickly established the diameter as approximated ninety steps by walking heel to toe across the floor. The Alpinist made the educated guess the highest point of the domed ceiling matched the diameter of the floor. Despite being Ko-matoran and scholars of some level in their own rights, neither could place the language inscribed on the walls, but they did conclude it to be a form of hieroglyphics. 

“These are shells of some kind, big ones,” The Cartographer stated while pointing to the moltings of some unknown rahi. The best he could discern was some kind of crab or beetle. The pieces of shell were big enough to reach the waists of the ko-matoran.

The matoran corpse in the room released a sickly smell when moved. It had been in this state for some time. Once the smell dissipated, searching the remains of the deceased matoran they found a kanoka disc. It was a Ko-Metru kanoka disc with the inscription 4-1-5 underneath the three towers depicted on its surface. The matoran was of their own element.

The wind hinting at another way out further up intrigued the Alpinist. Instead of ascending with his gear, he threw a lightstone into the air with all his might. It sailed halfway up the wall, revealing small holes -- too small for a matoran to crawl through -- where the domed ceiling met the wall. If anything, they were for proper ventilation of the space.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru Tower

As Okuo explored the new playground of this unknown network he came across a credentials request. Setting up a script, he let it run while he brewed tea, rubbed his eyes, and continued to fight for his concept of self-identity post the vahki hive merging. Memories that weren't his kept flashing behind his eyes, and occasionally he'd catch himself muttering prerecorded vahki slogans. 

The script worked a few minutes after he returned to his workstation, the credential request bypassed. The active window flashed with green lettering, and he realized he'd found a part of the network he didn't want to see:

New Target: Vhisola. Ga-matoran. Last seen in Ga-Metru. Silence immediately.

Okuo wasn't the only one to see this message. Every Dark Hunter in Metru-Nui received the hit, some already on the move to intercept and silence the student blogger.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Added Po-Metru and Dark Hunter Hit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Po-Metru Spire

There was a flash of panic across Okuo's features. First of all because oh scrap, this was a network for assassins, probably the Dark Hunters or League assassins or something, and second of all, their target was Vhisola! Someone whose blogs he followed regularly! And they were going to kill her!

Like a whirlwind, Okuo packed everything together and made himself ready. With a hasty leap, Okuo began to fall down perpendicular to the spire, before he pulled out his launcher and disk, currently in hoverboard mode, and got on, the board slowing Okuo's fall and transferring that vertical momentum into a horizontal one, with which he shot off into the distance toward Ga-Metru.

  • Like 2

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Cartographer

Ko-Metru Hideaway

No amount of filtering within the Cartographer's mask could keep out the sickly smell of death from him. Although this was far from the first corpse the Matoran had encountered in his travels, it was infinitely worse. His usual run-ins with corpses involved significantly older, unidentifiable remains; not enough tied them to their mortal coil to connect on an emotional level. But this corpse, it was recent. His armor still bore the gleam of a young Matoran, ready to carve his path into the Wastes of Ko-Metru. This corpse could just have easily been him.

The Cartographer shook his head, as if the motion would physically dispel the feelings of discontent from his brain, though he knew it would not. Instead, he forced them back into the deepest crevasses, as was the Ko-Matoran way. His fears and anxiety slid back, allowing the streams of logic and reason to flow through his mind. He looked down at the disc he had removed fro the corpse again. Ko-Metruvian. Level five reconstitution disc. Something didn't add up.

"This disc. It's local, reconstitution." He turned it in his hand, studying every inch, as though he expected more information on it. "It was on his body, which means he either had time to use it and recover it, or he didn't use it at all. For all intents and purposes, let's assume he did: did he use it on himself, or something in this room?"

The sound of the wind howling through the small channels in the wall reached the Cartographer's ears yet again, wrenching his conscious mind away from the disc. "And what's the deal with those? They don't look accidental. Could we use that to our advantage?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Crimson Jester
Formatting
  • Like 1

deathstranding_display_30.png

HUMANI GENERIS MACHINAS, OPERARI SIMUL, ET MORTUUS SOLUS

Six Kingdoms: The Cartographer BZPRPG: Korruhn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru Disc Hunt

As the robotic enforcer arrived, Vashni was faced with a hard choice: drop her telekinetic powers over Jutori and let the matoran fall to wherever Tallea landed, or ignore the new threat until Jutori was safely deposited. Atamai was the only one able to truly see the oncoming threat of Kilo-M9.

Tallea traveled down what felt like five stories in her jumping pattern. Aside from the sparking of broken electrical lines in the hole above, the only light source came from her exo-suit. The headlight swayed back and forth as she examined where she was. 

The floor was packed dirt here at first glance. More focused inspection revealed Tallea was in the crater of whatever fell through those five stories. Rubble piled up blocking off one side of the hallway, significantly wider on this lower floor. In the other direction, a very large and very still rahi lay on its side. She made out the biomechanical tail and the hind legs of something massive. There was no rise or fall to its chest beyond. There was, however, a burst of movement as dark chitinous tentacles rushed out of the darkness towards Tallea’s armor, grabbing at her and making to pull her down the hallway.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | South of Destral | The Ripple

On the deck of The Ripple Mazor watched the two airships retreating. It seemed they damaged one of the ships enough to force the raiding visorak horde to reconsider a head on assault. Having a repurposed cargo airship only made discovering the multitude of capable warriors onboard a greater surprise. Despite his thorough search, Mazor couldn’t find anywhere indicating a cockpit or bridge of either ship. Whatever was giving orders had to be inside the floating gas bags. 

As Valia reached the open decks, she found herself surprised by spinners flying in her direction. When they missed, webbing sprayed out like silly string from the mouths of two visorak making a berserker rush at the deaf toa.

Asksa’s mask flared as she reached out with her powers, and the votorakh’s usually agile movements slowed. It screeched in panic, but the fighters inside the cargo hold saw their opportunity and pounced. Ostrox, Morah, and others blasted, slashed, stabbed, and brutalized the spider creature until all that was left was a mess of organics and inorganic components. One of them took a spinner to the face before it died, clutching their bodies and rolling on the floor as spasms of pain racked through every wire of their being.

 

OOC: you all get to choose who took the spinner and why, but somebody got hit killing that thing. The pain will wear off in a few minutes tops. The airships are in retreat unless the visorak aboard your airship can wrestle control. Fight back!

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Added visorak fight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: hey Arkius and Vyarik, nice PVP! One thing I wanted to point out is it looks like Vyarik got "Falcon punched" into next month's calendar. I'll have to write what happened to that building he hit soon, but it doesn't seem likely that (with gravity playing into it) Vyarik would be able to repel with as much force in the exact opposite flight trajectory to reach the docks. You two figure out what you want, and I'll stay out of it unless you ask me to jump in.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Sea Beach Battle

The wall of sand and rock fell as the combined elemental powers of the po-skakdi cut short. Skyra’s cordak blasters hit the ground near the chanting elementalists, destroying their perch and sending them flying into the jungle. She wouldn’t be able to see the desperate struggle of two brothers finding each other amidst the foliage, crawling despite their wounds, holding each other as one bled out and the other swore revenge against the Great Spirit for making their people inferior to toa.

While Skyra fired in the air, she became the target for several explosive rounds. They flew through the air as lazy missiles, ready to follow the toa of air wherever she might choose to float.

Rose found her riot shield peppered with zamor spheres as she continued her advance up the rocky beach. The bluff was about a hundred feet in height, and she was confident her armor had the added power to climb the distance once she was close enough. For now, she could do nothing but advance.

Orieus’ elemental retreat was well timed, escaping the surprise burial by a mere moment. A vortixx saw him tumble out into the open sands, and double checked their calculations on the map. Sure enough, the attackers were in the correct zone, and the Voritxx pushed a small button on a console. Mines erupted beneath Orieus’ feet. Shrapnel and sand filled the air. Only the vortixx bomb squad knew how much of the beach was trapped, and the fear of death underfoot swept through the hearts of the Metru-Nui attackers with the exception of one part: the vahki.

Iona’s militarized group of vahki plowed ahead, clambering up the slopes of the bluff despite the explosions and cannon fire. In a moment they’d breach the bluff and be in melee range of the defenses. A blasphemous toa of jungle busied themselves with growing vines and organic defenses to deter the robotic war machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: i'm assuming she's close enough she can go ahead and start climbing, otherwise this would just be another post pushing her closer to it

also @Dane: ow

IC: Rose - Beach Assault

Rose moved as fast as she could in her suit, which was currently protecting the parts of her the riot shield couldn't cover from any serious damage. The bluff would be child's play for her to climb with her stre--

A plume of sand erupted near her, where she had just seen Oreius. Continuing to advance without checking on her ally, she shouted above the uproar of battle, "Mines!"

Once she was close enough to the bluff she started climbing, and if any of the Leaguers were to peer over the edge to try and fend her off, they'd see a crimson Hau contorted into an expression of pure, unbridled hatred.


IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru

Nale quickly ducked back behind the chute, but barely had time to, and felt the extreme heat of a firework round hit her on the cheek of her Kanohi, leaving a visible--and painful--burn just below her eye. She cried out and blind-fired a shot in retaliation at Thom, before leaning against the chute and covering her wound with her hand, her eye now twitching. That wasn't good.


"I ... I guess ... me being shot ... happened anyways... owww ..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives - Level 7 -

There was one thing Vashni would never go, and that was purposefully put a Matoran in danger. So despite the sudden attack on her person, she refused to drop Jutori until he was safely on the ground below, even if that meant she'd ultimately get hit by the energy bubble bolt. 

"Go on without me! I'll hold it off!" 

 

  • Like 1


My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Aboard the Taku

Knichou saw Arkius successfully knock the dark hunter toa off the platform - although that clearly must have hurt a lot. Suddenly, Knichou saw the same strange being that attacked him earlier pop out from behind a box and make a run for the tether connecting the Taku to the docking platform. It crawled up the metal tubing in an attempt to board. Knichou was hoping that Arkius was going to pull the release lever so that Knichou could retract the anchor safely, but desperate times lead to desparate measures. Knichou was unequipped to handle a fight if "Victim" was aboard and Arkius was left crippled on the catwalk to the docking platform.

The connecting cord was taught, and Knichou could see the being rushing across it directly towards the bow where the cable was connected. Knichou knew that there was only a limited amount of time before the dark hunter boarded, so he had to act fast. Knichou pulled the levitation control throttle downwards and boosted engine thrust, using his other hand to shift the collective forwards. The airship tipped downwards suddenly, and accelerated towards the center of the platform as the engines pumped more protodermis out the rear. This change in orientation and position gave the tether slack, making it droop, which made "Victim"'s crossing more difficult.

"Victim" wanted to get on the Taku, and Knichou would oblige by scraping "Victim" into paste between the airship's hull and the docking platform. There was a painful groaning of metal as the airship smashed into the center of the platform during it's quick fall. Knichou had aimed the airship to strike around where the station where the anchor was locked, so unless Victim left the cord, he was directly in the path of the fall. Knichou couldn't see what happened directly from the bridge at the top of the airship's bow - he had no idea whether "Victim" jumped off the cord to run away and survive, or if "Victim" was now chunky salsa staining his ship's bow.

The anchor station's destruction released the Taku and the platform gave way under the stress of the impact. There was some damage already from the various kanoka that struck the platform when the Vahki were firing at them, but this was still overkill in order to destroy it. The Taku broke through the platform and continued to descend. There was a rough oval-shaped hole left in the center of the platform, which began to slowly grow, engulfing the entire docking platform, save the catwalk that extended out from the tower, which had more support. Arkius was lucky that he had chosen to fight closer to the tower and the elevators.

As soon as the Taku cleared the platform Knichou  shifted the collective to the left and but continued to keep the levitation control throttle where it was to keep the fast descent. The airship moved to the left so it was no longer directly underneath the crumbling platform. Not the way Knichou initially planned to pull off this descent, but changes to the plan had to be made. Hopefully Arkius would be fine up above until Knichou returned. Knichou first needed to make a quick stop at the surface like he initially intended.

The Taku continued it's controlled fall. The cargo bay doors were operational and closed, since they were on the aft of the ship, but the underside entrance hatch that Knichou used to get in was completely warped shut when it impacted the docking platform. The hull on the entire underside of the bow was mangled and dented under the pressure - while the Taku would survive the maneuver with only some damage to the frontal levitation systems, it would certainly need a complete body work overhaul and a structural integrity checkup afterwards. Onlookers below could see chunks of metal falling from the platform, followed shortly by the Taku.

Edited by BULiK
Edited b/c I didn't notice that Victim was only going to snap the cord after getting aboard.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Gunfight)

Even as the Skakdi rolled to the right, noises slowed to incomprehensible as everything played out in bullet-time, the high speed of the gauss rifle was too fast for the Dark Hunter to completely avoid.

"ARRRRGHHHHH! KARZAHNI!" Thom yelled, as the bullet blasted through his left shin, right through to the other side. Blood splattered over the ground. A hole sat where some of his leg once was.

His mind flashed purple with pain, as he grunted, activating his X-Ray vision to see behind the chute, swearing under his breath.

Oh, she was doing just peachy. Just karzing peachy. 

He gritted his pearly whites, firing a blast of ice at Nale's cover, more out of spite than anything.

  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...