Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: The Cartographer

Ko-Metru Hideaway

The two Matoran stood like statues, locked in a trance of sorts staring at the disk beyond the pale, their mouths hanging open in wonderment at the sight before them: a frozen waste, not unlike Ko-Metru, although more organic in appearance. The infinite blanket of protodermic snow seemed to envelop and completely bury every surface, leaving only light shadows and rough shapes to mark the unknown terrain below, and the show itself glimmered as though a million lightbugs had all congregated in awe of the Great Disk that sat undisturbed, and somehow snow-free on the small dais that appeared to be identical to the former plinth in the chamber. Behind it, the flag danced to the unheard rhythm of this strange place, beckoning the two Matoran forward. They both seemed to step in unison through the doorway, as though guided by an unseen force. The two entered the strange dimension, their feet sinking deep and disappearing into the snow, and the intense wind of this netherworld could suddenly be felt a thousandfold, the wild whip of snow acting like sandpaper on their armor. No matter, the Cartographer reassured himself, this was by far the easiest part of this quest that they had encountered so far.

Although the two had not discussed how to handle the retrieval once they found the disk, the Alpinist and the Cartographer knew exactly what to do when they reached the dais. Each looked to the other, a look of pride and accomplishment in their eyes, and the two reached out, each Matoran's hand finding hold on the cold, incredibly smooth surface of the disc. The two examined it briefly, although the intense wind and blowing snow hampered much more than a victory glance, and the Alpinist let go. Tucking the disk into his pack, the Cartographer followed the Alpinist back to the door, and leapt back out to the safety of Ko-Metru and the plinth. As he rose to his feet again, the Cartographer brushed the snow from his pack and withdrew again the disk from within it. He held it up, and presented it for the Alpinist to have his own look at the prize.

"I can't believe it, honestly," the Cartographer stammered, still in a state of shock about the object between them. "All my life I've spent exploring the deepest, darkest depths of Metru Nui, all to preserve it's history. Even after the quest for the Disks was presented, I never saw this moment coming." He smiled. Cartography was a brutal, lonely and thankless job. It rarely had moments of bonding and companionship, and never under such circumstances as this.

"You know, I hadn't really planned for this scenario, actually acquiring the disk. And I couldn't have done it myself," he paused, as though to vet his next sentence before speaking it. "I think as a team, you and I could do far more for Metru Nui than I alone. So what say you, will you join me on whatever adventure comes with being the possessor of a Great Disk?

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru and Ga-Metru

As the Taku rolled, those who hadn't expected the sudden change in their orientation fell towards the ceiling turned floor. "Victim" tried to grab on, but his fingers slipped off the back of the pilot's chair. As he fell, a strange crackling light split open in the air, created a sparkling portal, and then he was gone and the portal with him. 

Near the Ga-Metru Great Temple's sewer access tunnel, Tekmo turned to look back in time to see a strange zapping portal closing up, "Revamp" disappearing behind it.

OOC: "Revamp" and "Victim" removed from play. Carry on.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Upside Down

Knichou wasn't sure what happened or why, but the dark hunter who was causing all the issues was gone. Knichou rolled the Taku back upright, though more slowly this time, so as to cause less confusion among the passengers. Once the ship was upright, he looked at the mess around him.

"Well, that happened," Knichou said, taking a deep breath as he started checking the warning lights of the console again, slowly lowering there number to less of a "panic" level.

"Whoever was talking about fixing the ship, go ahead. The hull took the main beating which we'll worry about later, but the two levitation engines below us are broken, and the lower hatch is broken as well."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi was trembling. It was all starting to crash into him. He was … Dume might have conspired to kill a Matoran, Nuparu was dead, some sort of secret project was being devised by Dume, his organs and mechanisms were still off balance from the ship lurching, by the Great Beings there was a Nynrah Ghost here! There was … he had just been trying to tell some Toa where a criminal left to. And everything went wild.

Everything had gone wrong since he first awoke on his beloved island home. He was just a failure of a mask maker, failure of a Fe-Matoran. And when his island home fell, he fled, fled like a coward and a weakling.

Finally he managed to squeak out, “I … I need to repair the hull.”

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

OOC: mobile post. Apologies for the delay, I was waiting to figure out what was happening with the Victim situation before I reacted to anything.

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru (airship)

The ship lurched abruptly, and Vyarik slid across the mangled hatch, slipping halfway back out of the hole he'd entered through before managing to catch himself, clinging on for dear life. He could hear shouts and cries of surprise, but was too preoccupied with his own circumstances to make sense of just what the karz had happened. 

He started to pull himself back inside, only to feel the ship tilt again and start levelling out... the wrong way up. Now finding himself effectively on the roof of the ship, Vyarik scampered across the hull and forced himself under a dislodged panel over where the levitation system was housed, crawling into the hull of the ship itself. 

He moved carefully among the systems of disks and pulleys that made the ship fly and stopped to prop himself against the framework... and just in time, as he felt the ship begin to move again, this time flipping languidly back to its original layout.  

This wasn't the best plan he'd ever come up with, but it was all he had at the moment. He couldn't fight them all, not without support. Even if the Vahki showed up, there was no guarantee they wouldn't try to take him as well.

That left only one possible solution: crashing the airship. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Metru Nui Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

"Repair what you can, but it's best to prioritize the levitation systems so that we have full maneuverability," Knichou replied. "In the shed below the bridge there should be any replacement parts and kanoka you would need. I'd repair it myself but someone needs to man the helm. Nale might be able to help you with her magnetism powers. As far as straightening out the outer parts of the hull goes, it's best if we do that from the outside after we land somewhere. Focus on making sure any support beams are in ship shape."

Knichou was silent for a moment, as if trying to remember something on the tip of his tongue.

"Oh and Stannis? It might be good to make sure I didn't break Arkius's good leg. If you can bring him up here, he can rest in my quarters. I'll monitor you all from up here and report if the repairs start working with the speaker system"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

"...Well. This will be difficult to explain." Tekmo sighed wearily. "I suppose I should see whatever Triki's doing."

He began walking back to the sewer grate where the Le-Matoran had last been seen jumping down. He turned his head briefly to address Karista. "Are you still with us?"

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, The Ripple)

Ostrox would have expressed gratitude for Skorm (at least half of him) trying to help him, but he was a little distracted by searing agony.

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi turned crimson under his collection of masks, and managed to say “okay.” He … he was good at fixing simple things, buildings and the like. But the machinery that let an airship fly? But a Nynrah Ghost had asked him to, had trusted him to. 

The Fe-Matoran wanted to flee, flee as far from this situation as possible. But he was stuck in an airship far in the sky, and his endurance would not save him from that kind of fall. And he … if the airship did fall, crash into the city, that could be devastating for not only the passengers but Metru-Nui itself. The last city could burn because of his inaction.

Kanohi released himself from his perch, stumbling on his landing. He then carefully began to descend into the shed. He … he hoped he was going the right way at least. He’s optics darted back and forth, and he held his hands tight to his chest, trying not to touch anything. As he made his way to reach the spare parts and dish’s, he swallowed.  Mustering his limited courage, he asked Nale. “Um, Ms. Toa. I … I am a little confused on what’s happening, I-I mean with Nuparu and Dume. If it would not be a trouble, could you maybe review the basics? I am sorry I didn’t pay enough attention, I was, well I was just a bit overwhelmed. Not that that excuses me just, sorry to bother.

Edited by Harvali
Rewording last paragraph

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Fa'amatai - Silver Sea Beach Assault

A lone warrior, far removed from his distant home, comfortable life, and relative safety ducked his head behind the wall of a shallow crater once again, granting him a temporary relief from the chaotic sounds of war above his head; like a thousand whistles, trumpets and drums, the battle sang its most vile song mere inches above his head. Each thunderous boom seemed to stir up even more sand that the last, creating a very real, incredibly tangible fog of war that covered the entire battlefield as though it were the cloak of Death himself. The Ba-Toa subconsciously loaded a fresh lightstone into his rifle while his mind worked to clear and purge itself of the battle's eternal dirge, if only to be clear long enough to survive to the next foxhole. His expression, demeanor, and even posture had greatly shifted over the course of this last hour on the beach. His grimace of horror had twisted into an expression devoid of anything but determination, and he no longer startled at every sound around him. The Hand of the Spirit of War had found this Ba-Toa in the safety of his crater, and gripped him tightly; never had he felt so exhaustes, so burned out - and yet - so invigored, so focused on one sole task. Fa'amatai felt less a sentient being, and more a highly-refined tool, straight and true in its convictions, and razor-deadly in it's design.

A hulking armored tank, more Rahi-like than machination, burst from the treeline on the edge of Fa'amatai's vision. It lurched and rumbled, massive clawed legs digging into the beach chewing it up like gristle. It was too far to be an immediate issue to the Ba-Toa, but it was enough to shake him out of his war trance, and back into the fight. He reached down to recover his freshly loaded rifle, feeling it's carved surface find its place in his hand. He raised it, and began to stand again.

In the blink of an eye, a black-and-metallic clawed foot gripped his rifle and bent it as though it were a twig; the rifle twisted and snapped in the Toa's hand, immediately rendered useless. He kicked backward, with barely enough time to roll and avoid the death grip of the razor-handed Vortixx that stood over him. Recovering, he reached to the twin gravity swords on his back and sprung to his feet, activating his elemental powers to slightly lower his personal gravity as he did. His left foot dug into the sand behind him as he readied for the Vortixx's next strike.

The Vortixx kicked off, firing his Rhotuka launcher, and clearing the gap between them in two steps. Fa'amatai had to dive to his right to avoid the Rhotuka, and as he rolled, his right leg shot out to throw him back into an attack position. As he raised his shoulders, the Vortixx's closed hand caught the Toa squarely under the jaw, sending him careening backwards into a crater. Fa'amatai shook his head and recentered his Kanohi; momentarily stunned by the massive punch. He groaned as he stood, but readied himself for more punishment.

The forces of Gravity swirled around the Ba-Toa, his anger and concentration attuning his connection to his element. He scowled at the Vortixx, and leapt into the invisible stream of elemental energy. It threw the Toa upward dramatically, gathering strength as he soared higher above the Vortixx. His head tilted back, and the Toa's body spun in midair, redirecting to point directly at the Vortixx. Amassing gravitational power, He shot downward with his fist extended. The Vortixx raised his bladed arm, but the awesome power of gravity overcame the massive blades, and the punch impacted the Vortixx's left shoulder, the sheer force blasting apart it's shoulder armor and rendering the left arm useless. The Vortixx howled and stepped back, clutching the now-shattered shoulder. In a brilliant storm of light, a beam of energy from one of the Metru airships collided with the Vortixx's chest, blowing a hole clean through it. Armor, bone and offal spread like mist through the air.

A short distance from where the Vortixx' corpse now lay, the form of a Toa could be seen crawling through the sand. The Toa was broken and shattered, with his right arm completely severed at the shoulder. His eyes were growing cold and dark as his left hand dug into the sand, each slow drag pulling him closer to the beauty of the Silver Sea and away from the battle that broke him. Fa'amatai couldn't feel the pain from the stump of his arm anymore, nor could he even recall how he had ended up here, in this sick, twisted image of Karzanhi incarnate. All he knew is that he was dying, and that the Silver Sea would be his last image as his spirit faded.

Footsteps nearby broke the silence. A Toa of Plasma appeared through the dense sand-fog, his face twisted into the embodiment of corruption, of bloodlust. His hands crackled with plasma energy as he approached, and leaned down next to the one-armed Toa crawling to his death. With ease, he pushed the Toa onto his back; he was completely out of energy and hope, and would no longer put up a fight. He let out a sigh and stared emptily up at the Toa leaning over him. But when the hand touched his head, and his brain inside his mask began to melt into bubbling plasma, he wailed a wail so haunting it could be heard clear across the battlefield. The Toa of Plasma smirked as heat and plasma burst from the eyes and mouth of the mask, scorching the edges. The screaming slowly subsided, and all that was left was a headless corpse, a pile of plasma, and the death mask of an adventurer from Metru Nui.

---

Some time later, a lone Toa dashed across the battlefield; small, slender and agile, she wove expertly between shell crashes and one-on-one fights, restoring the wounded and recovering the masks of the dead as she went. She saw a corpse to her left as she dashed toward the treeline, headless, armless and broken. Her heart felt heavy. The ones she didn't get a chjance to try to save were always the worst to see. Nonetheless, she approached, and picked up the mask of the fallen Toa, scarred and burnt from the plasma attack. She reached to her pack and pushed the other Kanohi inside in order to squeeze this one in. As no more would fit, the Toa dashed off again, back to the landers to return the effects of the dead, and go back for more.

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Othorak-Le-Metru

Several days had passed since Othorak last ventured outside.  His cracked television screen was the only light source in his aged apartment.  He quietly watched (and read the captions since he kept the volume low or off) as news circulated about the missing chute workers and the growing shipping crisis.  Without enough workers, many companies were reverting back to relying on airships to transport cargo across Metru-Nui.  Othorak knew that with one more heavy blow, the chute system would seem too risky for most large-scale industries.  Othorak didn't want to completely collapse the chutes, though.  No, his mission wasn't one of mass sabotage.  Only a mission of moderate sabotage.

He waited until the suns set before finally emerging from his cave.

The two dead Matoran made amusing centerpieces in the otherwise barren apartment.  Their lifeless bodies would generate a perverted smile on Othorak's face every time he stared at them.  He would need that confidence boost as he plunged himself back into his tunnel.  It took awhile to crawl through the tight space, though the distance was maybe a quarter mile.  Othorak would emerge close to the beach.  Sounds of waves crashing against the shore and the calls of nocturnal Rahi would fill the air more so than the bustling businesses still open after-hours, here.  Othorak moved his big rock back over the mouth of his secret passageway before sinking into the foliage, back towards the city.

It hardly took two minutes before he was back to the protodermis jungle.  Towering skyscrapers and entangled chutes criss-crossed every which way.  He would have to be careful, Vahki patrols were everywhere.  With calculating precision, he made his way into the city's interior.

It took several hours of ducking between alleyways and scaling a few fences, but Othorak finally found himself staring at the main Eastern chute control center.  Easily a hundred chutes sprawled out from the large hub complex.  Lights were everywhere, and Vahki stationed at every entrance.  "I'll have to make my own entrance," surmised the Steltian.  Othorak inspected the perimeter, and decided a third-story window was large enough to let him in.  There was even a dumpster underneath it he could jump off of.  That just left the rest of the first story and the entire second story to scale- all without being spotted.  "Not so hard," the stinking maw spoke, "I'll be in and out before they even notice the window."  Othorak waited for the latest two Vahki on patrol to circle this side of the building.  After they turned a corner, Othorak sprinted.  One jump, and he was on the dumpster, a second, and his fists were gouging small holes into the exterior wall.  Adrenaline pumping through his veins, he climbed as fast as he could.  In a minute, his evil eyes were peering through the window.  All he saw was an empty hallway.  Normally, Othorak would prefer to stare through the window more, maybe see who would exit any of the doors or perhaps spot a sign telling him which way to go.  This wasn't a normal time, though.  With a single swing of his mighty fist, the glass shattered, and he tumbled his body inside.  "Hopefully, no one hear that," he prayed.  "I should have a few minutes before someone notices the window.  I must be quick."  Othorak walked quickly and quietly down the hall, discovering a stairwell.  "Up.  I probably need to go up."  The stairs creaked under his weight, but he climbed up to the fifth floor. 

Othorak placed a hand on the door, but he just barely noticed a Le-Metru Matoran walking towards him.  Othorak pressed his back on the wall and held his breath as he heard the small Matoran place his hand on the knob and swing the door open to enter the stairwell.  Before the Matoran could even breathe in preparation of screaming for help, Othorak's strong hand was muffling his face.  Othorak whispered in his ear, "I will snap your neck in a moment, worm.  You can either lead me where I'm going, or die.  Nod your head yes if you choose to live."  the Matoran nervously shook his head yes.  "I'm going to take my hand off your mouth now.  Scream, and you'll die painfully."  After a moment, Othorak removed his hand, and the Matoran just shivered in place.  "Take me to the main control room.  Now."  Fear swelled in the Matoran's eyes as he took in the red-and-lime titan threatening him.  The Matoran pointed up, and began slowly ascending more stairs, Othorak close behind him.  On the sixth floor, the Matoran walked towards the door.  As he opened it, the Matoran bolted.  "Great," Othorak thought, "This bug is going to need squashin'."

Othorak was immediately behind the Matoran.  He shoved his knee into the small one's back and pinned him on the ground that way.  With his sword pressed to the Matoran's neck, Othorak whispered his threat, "What did I say?  Are you in a hurry to die?"  The Matoran started crying, but heard something that worried him more.  Footsteps.  Coming his way form down the hall.  "####!"  There was no time to hide, not with this prisoner needing imprisoned.  Othorak braced himself, he knew what he had to do the moment those footsteps turned into people in his hallway.  It wasn't more Matoran, though, it was two Vahki...

The lifeless enforces just stared at the scene for a moment.  Othorak knew he now had a time limit; if he failed right now, he wouldn't be able to break back in to this place.  He chucked his large sword clear across the hall, which embedded itself into the chest of one of the Vahki.  Othorak launched a Rhotuka at the other, who budged a foot back from the blast.  Aside from the physical impact, the Vahki seemed unphased.  "####."  The Vahki's next move wasn't too attack, but to turn its eyes red and emit a high-pitched alarm sound.  A few seconds later, the entire building had alarms going off.  "###!!" This was exactly what Othorak was trying to avoid.  Time was now working against him, so he needed to end this quickly.  Like lightning, he leaped off the pinned Matoran and bounded down the hall.  In a few strides, he was facing the police robot, whose eyes returned to normal, and swung his staffs at the titan.  Othorak dodged them both, "better not become scatterbrained right now."  He drew his fist straight up into the robot's jaw, followed by a mean hook straight into it's stomach.  But robot policemen aren't going to just give up.  The Vahki prepared a disk to launch at the Steltian, but Othorak knew what to do.  He grabbed the Vahki's head and smashed it into the wall, causing the disk to fire over his shoulder.  The far side wall began crumbling after the impact, as did the now-lifeless robot's husk onto the floor.  Othorak retrieved his sword and ran back, then snatched up the Matoran, pinning him to a wall.

"Now I don't have time for this, so listen up," he said as he crunched the Matoran's arm until it broke in his hand.  Through the green one's screams, Othorak explained the situation.  "You're going to tell me exactly where the control room is right now or I'm going to crush more than your arm."  Whimpering in pain, the Matoran told him it was essentially a few hallways away.  "Thank you," Othorak replied after receiving the information, and before slamming the Matoran on the ground and crushing his skull under his foot.  Othorak sprinted further inside the building, now not caring how loud his thundering footsteps were.

It only took a minute to reach the control room.  The building's alarm system must have tipped someone off to lock the door, because Othorak was having trouble forcing his way inside.  He could hear the chatter of Vahki running towards him from down some hallways.  Clearly, the time for stealth was over.  Othorak braced his shoulder before running full-force through the doorway, leaving a giant hole in the wall.  Inside, several Matoran were huddled behind a desk, one of them firing a disk launcher at Othorak.  The impact hurt, but it wasn't enough to stop Othorak, only enough to really him off.  He practically leaped across the room and cleft the disk launching Matoran down his mid section.  It took some strength to remove his sword from the Matoran's corpse, but when he finally pulled it free he just raised it above his head and brought it crashing down on more of the Matoran.  He left some alive, though.  he needed them. 

"SHOW ME WHICH CONSOLE CONTROLS THE FLOW SPEED OR I'LL KILL YOU AS WELL!"  The terrified Matoran coward back.  "YOU THINK I'M JOKING?" Impatient, Othorak slammed his sword into the desk, shredding the humble barricade, then stomped his foot over one of the Matoran corpses.  "DO IT NOW!"  The terrified Matoran shared a few worried looks before they scuttled over to one of the consoles.  They began explaining which buttons and levers produced which effects when several Vahki started pouring into the room.  The constant siren throughout the building was making it hard for Othorak to think clearly.  So he resorted to what he does best: Othorak smashed his way through the problem.  First, the Steltian smashed the controls console, and through the main window of the room he noticed immediately dozens of chutes were slowing their flow to a stop.  The Vahki were spreading out, trying to surround Othorak, so Othorak grabbed a Matoran and held his sword to his throat.  "Back off!  I'll kill every one of them!"  This was getting desperate.  He knew Vorzahk had little patience for standoffs.  If he didn't start blasting, they were going to.  The building's alarm was now ear-piercing.  Othorak couldn't let himself be captured.  And death was never an option.  It would hurt, but he had no other choice..

Othorak launched himself backwards, and he and his Matoran captive crashed through the window, falling and falling and falling towards the hard ground.  Othorak activated his Faxon, and felt his body hardening into a shell.  He couldn't move his limbs or bend his joints, but his exterior was transforming into quite the exoskeleton.  his Matoran captive would have to pray to Mata-Nui he would survive.  CRASH! Othorak cracked the stone floor when he hit the ground so hard.  After taking a moment to regain focus, he peered the heads of several Vahki staring out the broken window.  Othorak deactivated his mask, and let go of the Matoran once his limbs could move again.  he didn't care to check to see if the Matoran was dead or alive; at the least, he would be knocked out from the impact.  Plus, there wasn't any need for a captive right now, there was only the need to run fast and far.  Othorak's sore legs sprinted away form the building, a few Kanoka disks landing beside him.  Many more streetlights and building lights were on now than when he first came through this part of the city.  Le-Metru was waking up and on high alert.

Othorak burst out of an alleyway the same time some lone Vahki was running down the sidewalk.  Othorak accidentally tackled the robot, and without hesitation started pummeling its chest in until he couldn't see any heartlight anymore.  Othorak's hands were throbbing with pain by now, and his legs were growing as strained as his manic mind.  Again, he ran down more alleys and turned more corners.  It would be over an hour of unorganized traveling before he found himself exiting the district buildings and entering the stretch of natural terrain bordering the city and the beach.  He vaguely gathered his location and began making his was towards his tunnel.  The suns were coming up now, and Othorak tried calming himself.

"I accomplished this next step," he reassured himself.  "I made the next step impossible though."  He stopped for a second and tempered his breathing to a slower pace as he massaged his hands.  "No, not impossible, but near impossible.  I'll have to lay very low for awhile."  He walked for a few minutes in silence before stumbling across his one particular rock.  Moving it took much more effort this time, due to his fatigue.  But he eventually slid it over enough so he could sink into his cave, then forced the rock back over the entrance.  In darkness, he crawled and crawled until finally he reached his apartment.  The mangled, dead Matoran faces greeted him as he ascended out of his hole.  Smirking at the bodies, Othorak stood and lumbered over to the couch, crashing his weight down onto it.  The end his feet landed on finally crashed under his weight, slanting the furniture.  Othorak didn't care.  he was worn out and thankful he didn't die.  He flipped on the cracked television to see breaking news reports about some large, red titan smashing his way into some chute control station and stopping countless chutes in their tracks.  The news was saying it would take days to repair everything and get all the tubes flowing properly again.  Several Matoran were dead or injured.

"I'm sure the League has other agents hidden through Metru Nui," Othorak reflected as he felt sleep overcoming him.  "They'll spread this word back to our leaders, I know it.  Kalmah will be very pleased that progress is being made.  He won't regret assigning me to this task.."  Othorak turned to his side and closed his eyes.  "I'll lay low a few days, then venture out again.  Stealth won't be so easy now that the entirety of Le-Metru is looking for me.  Vahki are easy, as long as there aren't too many of them.  Toa, on the other hand..." Othorak's optimism was surely a bit strained, now.  "It's been quite some time since I've faced against equal opponents.  I won't be able to just smash my way through an obstacle like Toa... Thoughts for the future.  For now, I'll rest, and wait."

Othorak drifted off to sleep, pleased with the sabotage he unleashed this night.

• Like 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach Assault

Pardehi squinted over the bow of the boat, trying to get a glimpse of the island ahead. All he could see for now was a faint sliver, but he could already here the sounds of battle very loudly and clearly. A fiery projectile soared overhead, crashing violently into the sea mere bios away from the boat's hull. Liquid protodermis sprayed outward in every direction, collecting in thick puddles along the deck of the medical boat. Pardehi's hand immediately went to the lip of his pack, to make sure its contents had not been soaked. The last thing he needed was to have his precious supply of rare substances be ruined by his own carelessness. To his relief, the pack remained tightly sealed. He stole a nervous glance around the boat, reading the faces of his fellow medics. If any of them seemed fazed, they made sure not to show it. They had deployed from their airship less than an hour ago, to the rear of the main force. If the attackers were forced to retreat, Pardehi's contingent would absorb the wounded as they fled. If the assault were successful, they would arrive later to tend to any casualties. Judging from the noises he heard ahead, they certainly would be plenty of casualties. Another projectile landed, though nowhere near them this time. Pardehi was glad the had not traveled by airship; he did not want to run afoul of the League's anti-aircraft guns. He peered over the bow again, but could see no more than before. Today was going to be a very hard day indeed.

IC: Barak - Ta Metru Furnaces

Barak crept along the street of Ta-Metru, careful to avoid any Nuurahk patrols in the vicinity. He had projected a psionic illusion around his body. Any living beings who looked in his direction would see only a red and orange Ta-Matoran wearing a noble Pakari and the standard protective gear of a furnace repairman, nothing out of the ordinary in these surroundings. Any vahki, however, would immediately see through the disguise, exposing him as a small, somewhat disheveled looking Skakdi. It was for this reason that he chose to make his shelter in such a desolate place, away from the prying electronic eyes of Turaga Dume's extensive electronic surveillance system.

He had heard that the Dark Hunter's private network had been breached recently, though that did not concern him greatly. He barely had a presence there anyway, leaving few clues for the authorities to trace his activities. Besides, he had taken great pains to protect his identity, and so far they had payed off.

For now, his only concern was finding a new place to build his shelter. Previously, he had taken refuge in an abandoned furnace favored by Ta-Matoran smugglers. That place had been raided last week by Nuurahk patrol squads, luckily while Barak had been away on a mission. He could no longer risk living there, so he had gathered his few belongings and set out in search of a new base of operations. So far, he had passed up several potential candidates for security reasons, not wanting a repeat of what happened last time.

Suddenly, an unusual site caught his eye. It was a Vortixx, wearing black armor with red highlights. She had stopped in front of a door to a forge, seemingly deep in thought. She seemed to be looking for something. Dartgun in hand, Barak made his may towards her. He would introduce himself, and try to find out what it was she was doing here. Whatever it was, his superior officers in the Dark Hunters would surely want to know.

OOC: @Darth Jaller

IC: Kareh - Beach Assault

Kareh peered over the balcony of his airship, witnessing the battle raging beneath him. By the looks of it, the invaders had already taken heavy casualties. He would try his best to make sure they suffered even more. He fired his zamor launcher through the narrow , striking a mace-wielding toa of iron. He laughed as the toa slowly dissolved under his armor, screaming in agony all the while. This was the sort of thing he lived for, inflicting painful deaths on weaker specimens.

He reached behind him, taking a sip of the fine Steltian blood wine he had taken during his previous campaign. He savored the salty, metallic taste of the wine, taking in its cool aroma. When the glass was empty, he placed it into a silver tray carried by a matoran servant.

"You there! Fetch me some more!" he barked.

Without a word, the matoran scampered off. He knew well to keep his mouth shut, lest he become simply another kanohi on Kareh's chain.

Kareh looked down over the battlefield once again. It was hard to tell who had the upper hand, but it seemed that the attackers had already suffered heavy casualties. He would join in the battle soon, to make sure they suffered even more. For know, however, he was content simply to watch. He loaded another zamor sphere, and aimed his launcher over the rail, looking for an appropriate target.

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru

Informant’s duplicate heard shuffling as the two matoran entered Vhisola’s apartment. Keys jangled as they were hung on a hook by the door, accompanied by the sound of water flowing into a tea kettle from the sink in the kitchenette near the door. Between Informant in the large living room and bedroom combined space with the view of the lecture halls out the single large window by the desk stood a single translucent door. The Dark Hunter watched and Vhisola and her friend Macku shuffled around, chatting about studies and protodermis purification to take their minds off the potential fear of the moment.

Once inside her home, Vhisola and Macku expected to feel more at ease. If anything, they felt slightly deflated after having talked on the way up about Vhisola’s intimidating encounter at the cafe. Macku left soon after Vhisola started tea, giving her a hug for moral support. The door closed, and Vhisola finally felt alone. After tea boiled, she grabbed the slider on the door to her living room and pulled it open…

Happy chat.

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru, Mailing Fission

It was in that moment, as Vhisola was about to enter the room, that Okuo came crashing through the window, coming up from a roll to aim his kanoka launcher directly at the Dark Hunter hiding in the corner, having turned completely visible as he did so. "Not a move! Don't even think about it!"

Were Informant to make any move toward him or Vhisola, Okuo wouldn't hesitate to fire the disk.

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She thought for a moment on how best to summarize.
"Something...bad is going on, here in Metru Nui. Nuparu got caught up in it. It didn't end well, and now...now I suppose we're caught up in it too."

A sigh. She looked around the shed.

"I'm not good at fixing things, but hopefully I can be of some help."

OOC: trying out different colors for Nale's text that better reflect her appearance, the blue was a little too harsh on the eyes

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi The Taku

Kanohi swallowed “I … I … I can’t believe Nuparu is dead. I … I only knew him by the stories of his inventions and the help he had given the city. He was … he should have had a great destiny before him. And I … I thought he at least would be safe, guarded by Vahki and Toa. I just … if he was killed so easily…

Then any Matoran was unsafe. 

He … he needed to fix something.

Kanohi decided to do what he could, and began to pick and holster what relevant tools he could find scattered across the room. The acrobatics the airship had done had knocked things about wildly. He … he hoped he knew what he was doing, or at least guessed right. There were no Airships back in Okoto, it was a poor island, in the outskirts of civilization. Only one Toa and one Turaga. They hadn’t been savages, the Koro had made their own masks and their own hovercrafts, at least the competent ones. 

He couldn’t whine out loud, especially not to a Toa. But she … she deserved to be prepared. 

I am not good at making things either. My grappling gun is crude, Mr. Ghost could make something better in a hour. My island was … simple. Toa protected us, Turaga guided us, Matoran worked. I … did what I could to help out. But then the Barraki came … and now the League are even here.

He shivered, his whole body clanging and clattering as his broken masks rattled against his body. There was something almost comforting about his “chimes” singing. Not just that something useful could be made from failure, but the melody almost tickled him, a sensation in his sensors that kept him somewhat grounded.  

He picked up some tools and disks, before asking, “I … never introduced myself did I? I am … well I am called Kanohi. I am not good at fixing things — oh, I said that already, didn’t I? Well, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, maybe you can steady my hands, and if something goes wrong try to keep the machinery from breaking loose? If that wouldn’t be bothersome, I mean.”

Nale might be vaguely aware Turaga Dume’s government would occasionally release stories about a Matoran named Kanohi, who did his duty to Metru-Nui, working to repair the city while actual Toa fought the League. Keeping out of the fights, not disrupting the Vahki. In effect, propaganda of a Matoran who ”knew his place.”

OOC: sorry if that last paragraph is playing with the NPCs, don’t mean to intrude.

Edited by Harvali
Rewording
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:10 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Sea | The Ripple

Outside on the The Ripple, twilight gave way to evening in earnest as the sun finally fell below the waves. Stars glimmered in the sky, and the moon lit the deck of The Ripple as Irna clambered onto the blast ceiling. The soft pattering of rain began, and Irna found herself fighting to hold her balance with each step on the slick metal. One of the screeching red and orange vohtarak scuttled toward her, firing its spinner into the air.

IC:

There was still a few final Visorak on the Ripple -- a sentence which Irna would have been incapable of understanding due both to the fact that she had no way of knowing the total number of the insectoids on-board the airship, and also since she had no idea what a "Visorak" was. All that she knew, at that moment, was that it wanted her comrades dead, and it was trying its hardest to start with her.

The spinner shot at her and Irna, on pure instinct, dove to the left, her feet slipping on the rain-slick blast ceiling and sending her toppling onto one elbow. She managed to use her momentum to slide around so she could still face the spiders, before flicking her free hand out and sending a knife flying at the beast which had just attacked her.

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (And, that's my cue)

A loud shattering sound startled Kovac momentarily, as his white eyes flicked to where he thought the sound had come from.

One of the windows on the top story had clearly been shattered, though the spontaneous nature of the incident had meant that he had not seen what had caused it. Not that it mattered, really. A window shattering in general was not a normal occurrence by any stretch of the imagination.

It was time to act.

The Shadow of Metru-Nui raised himself up from his crouching position, leaping down to a nearby stairway on a building next to his own with a CLANG. Picking himself up from the fall he ran down the stairway as quick as he could, knowing the Vahki had likely heard that. He was quicker. He had to be.

Kovac Krossfari sprinted for Vhisola's door, pulse soaring. 

OOC: that last line might be within reason but it's up to the GM. think of characters like Dume in the same way you would staff characters in the BZPRPG.

"You seem familiar, although I can't say from where. I believe you've already been introduced to me by Stannis but in case you forgot: I'm Nale," she said, then did a sort of half-bow.  "I'll see what I can do to help you. I assume you know your way around an airship?"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Oreius | Beach Assault

The Toa of Fire was busy concentrating on keeping himself aloft, but the appearance of giant mechanical insectoid carrying a cannon was enough to catch his attention. The huge cannon swung slowly in his direction, the shaft beginning to shiver and hum as it built up another blast. If this was the weapon that had been firing on the airships... well, it was good and bad. Good because it was no longer firing on the airships. Bad because a single hit from that would reduce him to atoms.

The weapon's tip was glowing now, seconds away from firing. His mind raced—how was it tracking him? Movement? Heat signature? Or was there a pilot at the controls? He had to think of something that could fool all three.

Drawing upon his elemental power more deeply than before, Oreius closed his eyes, focused, and attempted to pull off multiple stunts simultaneously. The thermal blasts emanating from his palms suddenly pulsed, sending him rocketing up in an arc across the sky. At the same time, he conjured three facsimiles of himself, each constructed of flames, their deep red and orange tongues mimicking the colour of armour. These illusory Toa were also sent flying through the sky: while Oreius's flight path arced toward the treeline, each of his creations traveled in a slightly different direction.

The plasma cannon was about to fire. Which target would it choose to follow?

Edited by Eyru

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru (Great Temple Disk Hunt)

In the middle of her refusal, Kotero grabbed Karista's arm, and Karista yanked back only to be met with the same surprising strength that ripped off the grate. It only made her feel more uneasy about this whole thing. Another tug, and she freed her arm, leaving Kotero and Tekmo to wander into the grate after Triki. Now was her chance... Karista started backing up slowly, getting ready to turn and run. She could slip into a Vahki's form, and no one would be the wiser...

"Are you still with us?"

Karz...

IC: Morah - The Ripple

As Morah rejoined the ruckus, she reflected briefly on the two Toa right behind her. They weren't quite what she was expecting to fight alongside. But as the next few minutes became a flurry of slashes and spinners, she had to admire their efficiency. While she fended off pincers then gutted the Rahi from below, the Vo-Toa was beating them back with charged fists and lightning bursts. Even the blue Toa with the mechanical arm proved she wasn't helpless even without her spear. 

Against her better judgement, Morah climbed the rigging to engage the Visorak topside. Up there, a black spider had caught her by surprise, numbing her arm with a quick spinner and nearly sending her off into the ocean far below before she batted it there with her other arm. Her training didn't fail her, and she was still able to dispatch another before a green one splashed her back with an acid spinner. The battle that followed was quick but fierce, with her taking another spinner to her good arm that splashed around her claw.

And soon enough, she returned, battered, burned, exhausted, but grinning triumphantly beneath her mask. She found the Vo-Toa again, patching things up with her mask. "Nice fightin' out there," she said, showing little regard for the Toa's focus.

OOC: Morah interacting with Varxii

Edited by Click

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

"Yes, uh, sorry about that. He sort of... disappeared. Through a portal. These things happen, sometimes... we should make sure Triki's not doing something incredibly stupid. And then apologize for the gate... of course, while we do that, we're not searching for the Great Disks, so..." Tekmo got lost in his own train of thought, as he mulled over doing the responsible thing over doing the exciting and self-serving thing.

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Rooftop)

Well, this was a complete waste of time. Not only was the system offline, and he and presumably all the other Dark Hunters in the city been ordered to cease activity, but the Nortonware update simply wasn't coming through. Either something was wrong with his reception - or, as usual, the incompetence of others dragged Waveahk's brilliance down. The Dark Hunters' IT department were so bad at their jobs it was amazing they hadn't been culled years ago.

Rather than just stand around doing nothing, he resolved to hunt down Matoran Vhisola anyway - but not engage. Not until new orders came through.

And so he climbed down from the building, dived back into the Protodermis Canal, and began to swim his way to Ga-Metru.

IC Kanohi - The Taku

He blushed, “Not really I ... my island didn’t have airships.” 

It was a mess in the shed, papers scattered everywhere, tools off their hooks. At first it was almost a relief, that even a Nynrah Ghost could be a bit uncoordinated too. Then it hit Kanohi that the Taku had just finished spinning upside down, all that jostling most have knocked things off balance.

Kanohi did not know airships, but he did know a little about gravity manipulation. His grappling gun worked by firing a ball of gravity, and then dragging the gun towards it. He knew how to mend it, and had even modified it a little to have more output. He for all his flaws, knew some of the basics of engineering. Not enough to be an engineer in Metru-Nui or even Okoto, but he knew a little. And he had attempted on multiple occasions to make Miru back in Okoto, he knew the basics of levitation. 

And as he shifted through the papers, he found some diagrams that looked … not the most alien to him? Not familiar but … aspects were understandable. 

Then he identified it was labeled ‘Airship Levitation Engines.’ Kanohi flapped his fingers in a rush of excitement, he identified the plans before he even read the label. He was helping!

Kanohi turned to Nale and said, “Thank you Toa Nale. I … I think I have what we need. It’s labeled that way at least.” He searched over the plans again, before grabbing a few more Kanoka and tools. He hesitated as the stack of tools and disks wobbled in his hands. He swallowed and asked, “Would you mind helping carry some of these? I mean I can manage if it’d be a trouble but, if it’s okay…

She raised her hand and, with the aid of her element, lifted some of the tools out of Kanohi's hands. The objects wobbled slightly in midair, wanting to glue themselves to her armor but an opposing force keeping them away from her, just a foot away from her open palm.

"There you go. This is, uh...well it takes a bit of focus. I'll set them down when we get to the engines. They should be below us, near the bow."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives 

Vashni blacked out for a moment, she wasn't sure how long she was out, but when she came back to she was very, very confused. It took her a moment to realize that not only was she standing, but they were in the middle of a fight against some sort of strange goo creature, and the Krahli was helping them!? 

The Toa didn't have a lot of time to ponder this as she suddenly clutched her head as she heard mental screaming, it was coming from...the creature? But...why did it feel like the mind of a Matoran? 

Vashni did the only thing she could think of, and sent a telepathic message towards it. .:Hello? Can you understand me?:.

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Skyra Daring - Beach Assault -

It seemed that, for now at least, Skyra had managed to avoid all the missiles coming her way by just blowing them up first. Still hovering in the air, Skyra took a brief moment to survey the battlefield, see where she was needed most....

...the giant mechanical spider tank with the big plasma canon seemed like the best target, yup yup. It seemed to be targeting Oreius and Skyra wouldn't waste the opportunity to save the Toa of Fire's hide a second time already.

So the Toa of Air starting flying forward at high speed, reloading her Cordak Blaster as she did, She came at the tank in a wide arc in order to flank it's side. It was focused on Oreius so she wasn't too worried about it noticing her just yet. She stopped when she felt she was in range of the tank and unloaded her Cordak Blaster at the tank, firing six rockets at one of it's front legs. If she could unbalance the tank and possibly topple it over, it just might have a hard time hitting Oreius. 

@Eyru @sunflower

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Thank you so much, Sorry for the trouble,” Kanohi dipped low in thanks, blushing under his Hau, before looked into the diagrams of the ship. It wasn’t that he disbelieved her description of where the engines would be, she was a Toa; literally a hero. And he thought he recalled too that Knichou had said the engines were below, even his memory agreed with her. But he just wasn’t sure how direct was the path from the bridge there, like if the stairs had to be approached from another side of the bridge, or if it looped around.

Finally he said, “okay, I think the walkway down is on the opposite side of the bridge. Thank you for the help.” He headed out, heading down to the damaged levitation engines. He should be able to handle the broken hatch too, a regeneration disk could probably to fix it.

Edited by Harvali

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: Well this was certainly turning out to be one of the more interesting fights she'd ever been in. Most of the things Tallea had to deal with were more solid and less fluid. When combined with the seemingly infinite amount of permutations it was capable of adopting it presented an interesting challenge to face. It could be some sort of conjoined microorganism colony, but the existence of the flamethrower wielding crabs implied a greater understanding of complex organisms and weaponry than she'd have guessed something like that capable without specific education. Logically, that implied a mind more familiar with those concepts was directing the black substance

"Can anyone see where these things are coming from?" She shouted over the din of battle while simultaneously sweeping her length of exposed wire in front of her. Over the course of the conflict much of protective rubber coating had ripped off, leaving her with something partway between a short whip and very wobbly pole. "We need to find whatever is directing this stuff and deal with it."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru

"Looking for something?"

She jumped, there was no hiding it. Aside from the occasional Matoran going about their business, far too concerned with doing their Turaga's work to pay any thought to a stranger poking around them, Zecrillia hadn't expected to see anyone, much less be paid attention to. The Vortixx spun in place, chilled eyes picking out the black-cloaked Toa who had abruptly appeared behind her.

Still, Zecrillia wasn't one to let a little thing like being startled keep her off her stride for long. Idly tossing a few strands of hair-like appendage back behind her shoulder, she took only the briefest of moments to decide how to respond, and then to leap straight to the point. Here she had a Toa pretty much offering to help her, and even if his question came more from a place of suspicion rather than genuine helpfulness... well, she'd take what she could get.

"Oh yeah, actually. I don't suppose you know where I'd find "the root of fire", do you?"

Maybe if she said it casually enough, it wouldn't strike the Toa that there was anything odd about this request.

The clue, if her information was accurate, had come from some important carving or other in Ga-Metru. Why no-one had acted on it before now, the Vortixx couldn't guess; only presuming that there had been no point in hunting for Great Disks until now, when they actually came to be worth something. Either that, or the clue was so needlessly cryptic that no-one had a clue what it referred to, she wasn't ruling out that option either.

Still, it was the best she had to go on, for now.

Out the corner of her eye, she half noticed a Matoran approaching, too; this, however, the girl gave very little thought to. He was probably just going about his daily business; so unless he actively addressed her, Zecrillia thought to pay him no mind.

(ooc: Interacting with The Swordsman; noticing Barak.)

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, The Ripple

Despite herself, a crooked grin slashed across Varxii's face at the words touching her ears, and a moment later her eyes popped open again to see who had flung the compliment her way. A fair fraction of her attention was still consumed with channelling her mask's power into the airship's hull; but it wasn't a power that commanded her full concentration. The energy would keep flowing from her Kanohi Kiril and out of her palms, so long as she made sure to keep open to it, and talking at the same time was no threat to that.

Plus, it just...

Made her feel good to hear it.

"Nice to be appreciated, for a change. You wouldn't believe the Matoran on my home island; they were all 'a Toa shouldn't go out looking for a fight'. Like, hello? I don't tell them how to do their job, they don't get to tell me how to do mine, right?"

Even as she spoke, she registered the being she was talking to. Not anyone known to her; but looking to be the same species as the Barraki Ehlek, particularly if that breathing apparatus was anything to go by. Varxii had been a little too preoccupied to keep track of anyone else during the battle; but she did remember catching a glimpse of this woman, too, in the thick of it all. And as good as she was at talking about, well... herself, Varxii would rarely take a complement without offering one in return.

"But yeah- right back at you, too! Neat tactic you had there."

(ooc: Replying to Morah.)

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Barak - Ta Metru Furnaces

Barak hesitated. He had not expected a to see a Toa here. This would make things a lot more complicated. He noted a nearby alleyway that could have served as a hiding place. He briefly considered fleeing there and listening in from a distance, but thought the better of it. The Toa only could have been here for one thing; finding Ta-Metru's great disk. Such an artifact held enormous potential to the Dark Hunters, and Barak would not be the one to let it slip out of their grasp.

He stepped onto the open street, calling out to the two beings. "I think I might be able to help."

OOC: @Darth Jaller, @King of Kings

IC: Kareh - Silver Beach Assault

A projectile exploded off the bow of Kareh's airship. He cursed, spilling wine over his armor. His head spun, surveying the landscape below him. He could not find the source of the projectile. He sighed in frustration. It was time to join the fight.

"Guards! To me!" he called over the intercom. The six burly Middle Steltians who compromised Kareh's personal bodyguard,  appeared on the upper deck. They all wore black armor with red markings identical to his own, and were armed with poisoned spears and shoulder mounted zamor launchers.

He pressed another button on the intercom. "Pilot! Remain on standby!" Without another word, he turned in the opposite direction and leaped over the edge of the rail, activating his Great Kadin as he did so. The six warriors followed him using their own flight powers.

As he approached the battlefield, a wolfish grin appeared on his face. Some of the toa where still airborn. This would be a very interesting fight indeed.

OOC: Kareh open for interaction.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

Atamai guessed correctly. The morphing organism they desperately kept at bay extended down the hall away from the party with their new krahli ally. The Archivist in the group hadn't seen this kind of organism before, but guessed it might be some kind of colony or mutating virus. And in Vashni's mind, the speaker replied to her offer of aid:

We're too strong. We can't let go. We're scared. Please...

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Changed "I" to plural for... reasons.

Happy chat.

IC: They had a rough location and just standing around like this wasn't going to help. There was a lot of this goo left and the only reasonably effective weapon against the group was limited to the Krahli. If they stayed they would eventually be overwhelmed and consumed just like that giant rahi. So the exosuited Matoran frantically glanced at the walls of the tunnel as she slammed her length of electrified metal into anything that came close.

"Atamai! Do any of these pods use cryostasis?!" It was an inefficient method of suspending an organism's functions. At least according to modern methods. However Tallea knew that specimens were varied enough that occasionally the archivists must have run into something that responded better to being frozen than being placed in traditional stasis. If anything like that was in the area she might be able able to figure out a way to at least slow down the black sludge.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC, Atamai: Onu-Metru

Cryostasis? Any stasis tube could be set to cryostasis. It made more sense for all tubes produced to have that option than to make a select few just for cryostasis. I wasn’t sure what Tallea was thinking but I sure hoped that it was a good idea. 

“Every tube has a cryostasis option to it! You just need to open the lower panel and then flip the switch on the right!”

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives 

.:It's alright, I'll find a way to help you...:. With this information Vashni turned to her allies. "I'm in contact with someone on the mental plane just beyond this...creature. They feel like a Matoran." 

The situation was bizarre to say the least, but Vashni was starting to gather what was going on, or at least what she thought was happening. This creature was either attached to or somehow apart of what she was assuming was once a Matoran. Maybe an experiment gone horribly wrong? 

"I'm gonna try something..." She informed the others, she had no idea if it was going to work but, for once her mask might be useful. She always questioned why she was gifted such a bizarre mask power, but maybe this was the reason. 

So even as the others were talking about using cryostasis, Vashni reached out with her Mask of Mutation and activated it's power against the creature in front of her, picturing in her mind a Matoran, their features, and how they're bodies functioned. She just hoped her hunch was right about this, she didn't want to think about what would happen if something went wrong here...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi headed down the walkway, luckily most of the Lightstones built into the walls were still working. As he walked he spotted a gash in the wall, with a faint breeze coming through it. His hands clapped in excitement, nearly knocking off the tools he was carrying. Blushing he shuffled the items around, before pulling out his disk launcher. He fired a 271 Kanoka at it, sealing up the crack. It was a small tear, easily fixed, but it was still a relief to do something helpful.

There were a few shattered Lightstones as he came to the front, but there was enough light to manage, and he needed to save disks. The hull needed more of them, and the city did too. Plus he had found a Lightstone among the tools, that would help him see. 

He eventually made his way to the low section in front of the Taku, where two engines stood. They appeared to each be made of four stout vertical cylinders and a box in the center of them, like a strange cross. what the diagrams indicated, each engine’s cylinder housed disks, two cylinders held levitation disks, two held disks of weight increase. The central box was the main mechanism for controlling and regulating the engines, and had tubing flowing out of it, linking to the rest of the airship and engines. They smelled strange, and even though they were damaged the air seemed to ripple around them like a gas grill. 

Kanohi swallowed, looking at these machines he … the enormity of the task was suddenly so clear. But a Nynrah Ghost told him to do this, he had to try. And with a Toa here to help, even he could manage. Right?

• Like 1

IC: Perfect.

There. Off on one wall was a row of empty pods. The Archives were too big to be completely filled...hopefully. The idea of something so big being entirely stuffed full of stuff was an unpleasant thought. It wasn't important right now though.

"Cover me!"

Tallea dropped her sparking cable and broke for the deactivated pods, dodging around one pitch colored creature and leaping over another. Upon reaching the first of the pods she slammed open the panel and flipped the switch before closing her eyes and listening for a second. The was the muffled clang of metal on metal and then the sound of ice rapidly forming on the other side of the metal cap. Inside the helmet a grin flashed across her face.

Quickly flipping the switch back off she flipped another one that sent the electrical whine of machinery humming through the walls. As the pod started to smoothly extend on a set of rails the Vo-Matoran ran to several other pods and did the same thing, rushing back to the first as it finished extending. She didn't want the pod's cryofreeze ability. She wanted whatever it was that give it the ability to freeze things. It could have been several things, chemicals, thermal reductions fields, or what she hoped and guessed it was. Metru Nui was one of the largest manufacturers of kanoka disks in the known universe. Using a freeze disk would have been both effective and a lot cheaper than getting something from a place like Xia.

So when she unlatched the maintenance hatch it was with no surprise that she saw the crimson face of a Ta-Metru disk peeking out from one side. Several clamps held it in place and she seriously considered just tearing them out for a moment. But they didn't look too hard to figure out and she really didn't want the creepy scorpiod ex-police robot getting on her case about property damage. Well, more property damage. It took a couple moments but she retrieved the disk in time to turn around and toss it into the face on an oncoming ichoroid thing. There was a snap and the thing was encased in a shell of ice several inches thick.

With a grim nod she tugged the protodermic disk from it's frozen resting place and tossed it back towards the rest of the group.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Kanohi - The Taku

Kanohi stared at the engines for a time, all but engrossed in their mechanical wonder. Finally there was a chill down his neck, and he turned to realize why the room was so well-lite. Support beams were shattered and, the outer wall was ripped apart in jagged gashes, and that was just the ship’s frame and hull.

The lightstones here were all smashed, he could only see through the light outside and the lightstone he had carried with him. That was more than enough light, but it was still a shadowy space, with only the engines themselves really lit up. And those engines, as the Fe-Matoran waved his Lightstone at the  machinery he could see two cylinders had ruptured on the left engine, and on the right engines chunk of wall had pieced its central box, and it was singed with burn marks 

Swallowing, Kanohi places all the tools and equipment on the floor. “Toa Nale, you can put everything down. We just … um, do you think you could use your powers to unbend the ruptured hull and pull its edges back together. Then I can use my disks to patch it up.” The simple fact was with how low level his disks were, he was not going to be able to seal up this damage on his own.