Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

And then he was gone. An astute observer might have noticed a twitch of Okuo's body in one direction before it completely disappeared from sight, but now the disk flew past the empty space where a matoran had once been kneeling, the disk making harmless impact with the wall to floor intersection and wedging itself in there.

A quiet whisper came, only just audible to Vhisola. "Best of luck."

Okuo quietly observed the room, ready to make his escape as soon as Vhisola's safety was confirmed. Being prepared for flight, Okuo kept his launcher loaded and at hand for a quick refolding into hover board mode.

 

IC: Arkius - The Taku

The large toa of earth sighed as he sat down on the undersized bed. Calmly he began to fix any cracks he could find in his cast, waiting for the time his expertise was needed again, and his leg could be fixed.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator

The battle for the beachhead slogged on. Jephro stood above the defeated Baron Kareh, perhaps feeling the righteousness of his moral high ground. A ring of footprints surrounded their duel, all that was left after the guards followed their dying lord’s final order. The ring was a bull’s eye target, and the hagah cannon on the bluff took full advantage of the opportunity. Before Jephro could fully process his feelings of victory over Baron Kareh, fully realize he’d single-handedly forced a League retreat, the cannon blast collided with the sands in the bull’s eye in a screaming beam of burning matter...

Not for the first time Turaga Dume considered redecorating. His office was cold, unadorned with frivolous niceties. It stood resolute and stark in contrast with his private quarters in the Coliseum. Maybe a splash of color wouldn’t be so bad? What would his people think of such an act? He contemplated. The last time he did something nice for himself it took months of planning. His people demanded the pageantry, the charade of fairness. Contractors were seen, each union lobbied for their skilled laborers, private artisans flaunted their skill in great official contests, and in the end he went for the same pair of basic reading spectacles he’d worn since a matoran. They were black metal, pulled from the waste of the Ta-Metru forges, hammered into a plain square shape that clipped to the front of his mask without fanfare. He filed them himself, blew the glass himself, and learned from the errors along the way while apprenticing in the smithing union. Turaga Dume unclipped the glasses and slipped them into a desk drawer, done with his brooding. His people didn’t need to see such weakness.

Rose held the line on the bluff as her companions -- toa, matoran, and vahki -- climbed the distance from the rocky beach below. She knew her armor could hold out only so long before the damage she took proved fatal. Bits of dirt splashed against her as lightstones and heatstones burst into the ground around her. She slid a little further towards the bluff, pushed back by the concussive blasts from grenades. Despite her resolution to hold the line, she was failing.

For a third time in the week since the Great Disc search began, Turaga Dume donned the somber mantle of his office, placed the small orb on a chain around his neck, with a practiced air grabbed the handle of his staff, and approached the cameras for another broadcast. He thought back on how long it truly seemed. Time flew with war. Two days ago he proposed the quest, yesterday the Dark Hunters sided with his city, and now he stood again ready to speak words to his people. They were his people. He would keep them that way. They were safe and joyfully ignorant under the umbrella of his leadership. He couldn’t bear to let them see the horrors of the world just yet. He cleared his throat, nodded to the matoran holding the camera, and began; “Metru-Nui…”

Orieus and Skyra’s daring plan to turn the sands to glass worked! Their emotions were high, the exhilaration of teamwork apparent, soldiers climbing the bluff whooped with joy, and then the glass began to crack as the skakdi cannoneers urged their legged tank to walk by pushing fully on the throttle. Had they been holding back all along? The large cannon barrel changed direction, swiveling out across the sea toward the Metru-Nui airships. The three airships floated just out of range, waiting for the moment the beach was secured to deliver their cargo. As safe as the crew of the airships felt, were they really? The cannon fired with another blinding flash. When the fighters on the beach could see again only two airships were left.

“When I asked you to search for the Great Discs I did so with a sense of pride and hope in my people. Now, I hear reports of damages to the lower levels of the Archives. I beg you all to search thoroughly for these ancient discs, but not destructively. We should not have to sacrifice our home, or our history, to preserve it. This city will stand the test of time, if we only nurture it and remember our destiny is as much a part of who we are as our unity.”

Rose felt someone push against her back. They were confident, calming, there to help. It didn’t need to be spoken, but she knew at that moment she was free to push forward. The last soldier had climbed the bluff. The vahki enforcers of Iona’s team lept into the trenches past the edge of the bluff, ruthlessly dispatching the embankment of vortixx as they would any belligerent and violent citizen who did not return to their work functions. Vortixx belonged on Xia making weapons for Metru-Nui. The programming said they did so it must be so.

“Despite their apparent dedication to the cause, the Dark Hunters have yet to find the terrorist of Le-Metru as they promised. It is our hope they will make good on their word. I understand only it’s been one day since they stated their allegiance to Metru-Nui, and that you may feel uneasy about mercenaries joining our forces, but this is a time for such measures. We must all unite against those who oppose the very truths of this world: Mata-Nui is our Great Spirit. We must protect them. We cannot let this city, this hallowed sacred land, fall to the clutches of villainy and misguided greed.”

Brutaka made the choice and committed the airships to the fight. He knew it was a risky gamble, but if the League was this well prepared and their cannons could hit further than anticipated, then there was no point in half-committing. As he gave the order and watched the coastline grow closer, he remembered the words a friend of his spoke before they last parted: the losing side is the only side worth fighting for. The first airship made it safely to the beach. The League’s embankment on the bluff couldn’t hold off the vahki, and now the hagah cannon tank with legs was unsure of its goal. Did it shoot the small fry scrambling across the beach -- the skakdi and his matoran friend, for instance -- or did it aim at the airships growing closer? A skakdi flipped a widget from their station at the gunnery, and changed targets. As Thom asked for Pardehi’s aid his superior vision caught the glint of sunshine on the barrel as the cannon turned their direction. Then it fired.
Metru-Nui’s tanks -- manned by four matoran each -- poured onto the beach from the bulkhead of the airship. They floated by a similar system as the airship that carried them by only a few feet above the beach. The second airship not yet docked stored the reserves of their kanoka disc ammunition. One of the spotters popped his head out of the tophatch of the foremost tank, pointed toward the hagah cannon tank, and screamed, “fire!”

“With the aid of our new allies our intelligence has grown. Our intelligence asserts the League is following the rumors of an ancient weapon to aid them in a final assault on our beloved city. We will not let this happen. With the six Great Discs, we can repel any attempts to destroy our way of life. Together we are strong. Together, we are the champions of our Great Spirit.”
Turaga Dume relaxed shoulders to their usual slumped posture after the camera stopped recording. He knew his people would not fail him. The Dark Hunters, however, were only one small scent of failure away from becoming a rogue mercenary menace once more. Gaining access to their network proved essential in brokering the deal yesterday, but it was only a matter of time before the Dark Hunters found another way to communicate. When they did, he knew who’s mask would be at the top of their job board: his.

 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
edit due to player feedback
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jephro-Beach Assault @Dane@Biological Chronicler

Jephro exhaled, and nearly fell over, propping himself up with one of his swords. He had never spent so much energy in one attack. He could feel the poison from Kareh's swords slowly infecting his body. But he had done it.

Then the ground exploded. A wave of liquid heat impacted Jephro sending him fliying several Bio. He impacted back on the sandy beach, face and chest covered with burns. His whole body hurt. He lowered his own gravity so he could walk without pain. Looking up he saw a barricade where a Skakdi and a Bo-Matoran were hiding and began limping towards them. He glanced around, and saw the cannon that had shot him. It was slowly turning to face the barricade. 

"JUMP!" Jephro shouted at the two. He sent out another blast of gravitic energy, ligtening Thom and  Pardehi to give them a better chance at escaping. In the process he cut off his own support, and fell to his knees.

IC: Paju-Ga-Metru

Paju rode Ellie back down the road away from the great temple, Ellie had been running hard and she needed a quick rest. As they walked another broadcast from Turaga Dume came over the speakers. 

"You know," Paju said as she rubbed Ellie behind the ear, "Searching for the disks sounds like a lot of fun! You want to give it a shot?" Ellie shook her head excitedly. "Alright then," Paju said, "Let's go ask around to see if anyone is putting a group together."

OOC: Paju Open to interaction.

Edited by Smudge8
  • Like 1

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach - Moments Before Reinforcements Arrive

Pardehi's eyes fell on the shadowy figure coming towards him? Was it some sort of toa? He knew that some of them did fight for the league, as hard as he found that to believe at first. When he looked closer, he realized the being was moving strangely, shifting in to and out of the flames, almost as if they were a part of him. Whatever this was, it was no toa. Some sort of fire elemental, then? Perhaps, but Pardehi wasn't interested in finding out. He holstered his launcher again, lifting Thom's firework revolver with both arms. It was heavy and poorly balanced in his hands, but he managed to steady himself, carrying the butt of the rifle over his left shoulder. He aimed the weapon straight for the elemental. It was advancing towards them slowly and deliberately, making new attempt to flee from his sights. Narrowing his eyes in concentration, Pardehi reached around with his free arm to pull the trigger. A burning projectile flew forth from the barrel, and Pardehi was blown off his feet, lying flat on his back from the impact. The projectile struck its target in the center of its forehead. There was a brilliant flash of light and a loud shrieking noise as energies violently mixed. The elemental completely disintegrated, heat and sparks flying out in every direction.

Pardehi jumped to his feet and dusted himself off, none the worse for wear. To his relief, Thom's rifle was completely undamaged in spite of his clumsy handling. He turned around, ready to congratulate Thom on their latest victory, when he noticed something strange out of the corner of his eye. It was one of the enemy spider tanks emerging from the bluff, its main weapon turning directly towards them.

Fortunately, he did not have to wait and see if they successfully evaded the blast or not.

A purple armored toa - it was definitely a toa this time, he had spotted him on the beach earlier - jogged towards them, moving with astonishing speed in spite of a clear limp.

"Jump!" the toa shouted, falling to his knees. Pardehi felt a sudden lightness in his body. The toa must have used his powers to temporarily decrease their weight, giving them the chance to escape. He looked Thom in the eye. The skakdi might still have been a bit numb, but he could certainly still make the jump.

"Now!" Pardehi shouted.

OOC: @Dane@Smudge8 Pardehi is preparing to jump out of the range of the Hagah cannon with Thom.

Edited by Biological Chronicler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, The Ripple / Nynrah Wreck

This...

Was not pleasant.

Perhaps it was just the way the cave's emptiness and silence swallowed up the comforting roar of the distant storm outside; or perhaps it, instead, was the feeling that she was willingly letting herself be swallowed alive. Varxii wasn't claustrophobic; but the peculiar shape of the ceiling, almost like seeing a ribcage from the inside, gave her a nasty feeling of walking down some dormant monster's throat and into its stomach. The stalactites, looking like corpses of other previous victims, didn't make her feel any better. The Toa grimaced, clenching her fists, willing such stupid thoughts out of her mind.

It was just a cave. A Mata Nui-forsaken cave. There was nothing eerie or spooky about it.

But what there was was a Suva. Matoran had been here once, Varxii supposed; who but they would build a Suva temple in such a place? That fact didn't bother her, it was just simply noted; but her attention did fall on the orb. Glowing red, it seemed to have a miniature version of the storm outside contained within it... the Toa frowned, puzzling over what she was seeing.

She didn't need Tugarak's prompting to investigate further. Without a word, Varxii extended the sense of her elemental powers towards the orb, seeing if she could interact with it in any way. What she intended to do then, she didn't know; she mostly just wanted to see whether this lightning was natural, would respond to her... or whether it was just some kind of strange seeing-sphere, displaying the skies beyond the safety of the island.

"I dunno. It's like... like..."

Her words would very much depend on the response - if any - that she would get from the sphere.

 

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru

The distant sight of Vahki got a small hiss of frustration from Zecrillia. They hadn't been spotted, she was pleased to note; but she hadn't armed herself to deal with the robotic enforcers. The sleep-inducing darts she carried would bounce off the mechanical creatures without even slowing them down, and Vahki had no native powers for her Kanohi to effect, save for what was contained in their staves. If it did come down to a scuffle with them, she would have to either lie low - she balked at the idea - or else get inventive.

That thought didn't occupy her mind for much longer, however. There were far more present dangers to consider, such as the erupting fire pits ahead of them... a field that, it seemed, they were going to have to cross - and be careful about so doing. As much as she would have liked to just RUN for it and take her chances, even Zecrillia had enough common sense to know that would end in crispy fried Vortixx long before she reached the other side.

As such, the Swordsman's mention of a pattern was a welcome piece of news.

"So we just need to work out the order? Then we can predict which ones are going to fire next, avoid them, and get across to the Furnace safely, right?"

Seemed simple enough to her. If there was any other meaning behind the pattern here, Zecrillia certainly had no thoughts of looking any deeper into it.

 

IC: Jabali - Po-Metru Chute Station

It was with some embarrassment, that she realised she had fallen asleep.

The rush-hour traffic had been and gone, and Jabali was no longer sure how long ago that had happened. She'd sat down to wait it out, and then... must have dozed off, because by now the sky was dark and the chute station was as close to deserted as it ever got. Shaking her head, the overseer silently chided herself for such a foolish mistake as she quickly got back to her feet. If anyone from her sculpture field had seen her snoozing there, she'd never hear the end of it, she knew; but that wasn't an immediate problem. Three things, rather were on her mind. The first: that she should get home quickly just in case either of the murderers from Dume's message had decided to stop by Po-Metru after all.

The second: that her istone, as she checked it, was blinking with the signal of another new message from Dume, that she'd missed during her slumber.

And the third, that she could hear voices outside the chute station where there really shouldn't be any at this time of night. Night? Early morning? She wasn't completely sure. Likelihood was, of course, that it was just whichever Matoran lived down this street bickering about something or other at unholy hours. But on the off chance that it wasn't...

Taking another quick draw from her now-lukewarm water bottle, splashing a little through the holes of her mask to wake herself up, Jabali quietly slipped to the main doors of the chute station, taking a quick peek around them.

Just to reassure herself that nothing untoward was going on out there.

 

(ooc: Jabali is spying on Atamai (@~Xemnas~ ) and group ^^)


(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: ???

Varxii’s consciousness extended to lightning in the orb. At first she felt nothing. Then she felt everything. She felt the trees as they breathed on the shores of unknown islands, the oxygen pumping through their cells. She felt the snow melting. She felt the tremors of the earth below. She felt the death of insects, the birth of life, the heat of the suns and the cool nurturing ocean as it drowned her. She was not Varxii: she was life and death and nothing more than a speck in a system that would go on without her without a care but without her would cease to exist. She could not escape the cycle, she could not break it, she could only be it.

Then Varxii was herself again and she remembered… nothing. The orb was, for all she cared, an orb. It was a little ball of lightning with no significance except to be held, admired, and enjoyed like any trinket, just like the life she was given without being asked.

 

OOC: @Darth Jaller

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Po-Metru

I studied the map of Po-Metru on my iStone. “Unlike Onu-Metru, where the Great Disk’s hiding place was pretty logical, the Po-Metru disk could be anywhere. It could be at the edge of the sculpture fields, in the Canyon of Unending Whispers. There are so many different hiding places for it.”

It was then that I noticed a lone Po-Matoran come out of the chute station. Female. With a blue sash. Probably an overseer or some other higher-up. 

I lowered my voice so that the Matoran wouldn’t overhear us. “Any suggestions?” I said quietly. 


maxresdefault.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

Six Kingdoms: Atamai, Kohara

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Beach Assault

A push at her back. Before she knew it, Rose was surrounded by fellow soldiers who had made it up the bluff. Iona's Vahki had arrived and were going at it with the Leaguers in a way that made her proud of the tin cans.

Her battle cry evolved into laughter as she charged forward into the trenches and began setting fire to anyone in them.

For Metru Nui.


IC: Jutori - Po-Metru

I raised my hand to block out the harsh light from the twin suns.

"Let's look somewhere with some shade."


IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

"I believe so," I said, still studying the pits to work out the pattern. "If I could still do such a thing, I could control the columns and allow us safe passage, but..." I looked down at my prosthetic arm for a moment, then turned to Zecrillia and Gessai to see if they had anything else to say.

Edited by Tarn

letitenfoldyousig.png.cca5b97c0d5b8d82c09c282f919243ba.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Datrox Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barak - Fire Pits

So the Toa of Fire no longer had his powers. Good. That would make him easier to manipulate.

"I believe I've seen this before." he said, doing his best to maintain his Gessai persona. It wasn't easy with all the heat and smoke about. He had expected to be inside the Furnace by now, but now it seemed this quest might take longer than he had anticipated.

"Look carefully at the way they lead into each other. There aren't any exact repetitions within each cycle. I think there might be some kind of message here."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator Barak is attempting to solve the puzzle with help from Zecrillia and the Swordsman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Beach Assault (Dodging)

I hate this karzing beach!

The Skakdi, having seen the glint of the cannon first himself, was already in the process of 'leaving', so to speak.

Feeling his weight shift as the purple armoured Toa, presumably one of gravity, did something to him, he shot a thumbs up before groaning as he fought past the numbness to launch himself to the side.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Smudge8


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Vent  Zai

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Ko-Metru

The city whizzed by as Taja flew through the chute, cradled by air. Outside the translucent green walls, Ko-Metru gleamed under a late afternoon sun. The knowledge towers caught the golden rays and flung them through the air in a dazzling cacophony of light.

Though she travelled by chute, Taja still didn't have the luxury of ignoring Dume's speech. There were no Vahki looking over her shoulder, but the calm voice of her Turaga filled the chute, broadcast from speakers she couldn't see. Each word was half a second behind the movements she could see on the screens she passed over. She fiddled with her earpieces, closing them until Dume's voice was at a comfortable volume.

So the terrorist still hadn't been found. She was surprised. The Dark Hunters weren't living up to their reputation as, well, hunters. That said, the target had yet to be apprehended by the Vahki either, and the robotic creatures were renowned for their tracking skills. Perhaps the suspect was simply better than their pursuers. That wasn't a comforting thought.

As for the Archives... she dismissed the damage as inconsequential, as all scholars surely would. Onu-Metru was far too concerned with the past. They confused proximity for importance, and thus spent all their time on earthly matters. Hearts and minds heavy with Duty, they rarely lifted their eyes to behold anything resembling Destiny. The Archives symbolized that arrogance, in Taja's opinion. To think that cataloguing and recording was important just because it was a weighty task. The past could not be changed. It was dead. The stars, on the other hand, were alive. They spoke, daring Matoran to look to the future and imagine what could be. 

A gentle ding filled the chute, breaking the De-Matoran's train of thought. It was followed by an announcement for the upcoming stop. Please exit for Ketan, Maru, and Caerus Towers.

She emerged into the cool air, taking a moment to orient herself to to solid ground again before walking at a brisk pace toward the doors.

* * *

"Mistake?" The Ko-Matoran sputtered, following her back to the elevator. "I'll have you know I've worked in this tower for seven years, and Caerus Tower for eight before that..."

He continued, and Taja thanked the Great Spirit again that she had adjusted her earpieces early. Even reduced by 75%, the angry scholar's volume was going to give her a headache soon. She hadn't meant to offend him, but she needed to know the truth. If that meant ruffling a few feathers, well, then that's what had to be done.

"...and furthermore, where's that Jaa? I've been meaning to give him a piece of my—"

"Back in his office, in the western towers," Taja interrupted, her own voice rumbling through her head. She pressed the call button. "You're welcome to visit if you want, but it's a bit of a trip for this late in the day."

"A trip that you made just so you could point fingers at my work—"

"No pointing. Just asking. You've done a wonderful job, Aaj."

He grumbled under his breath as the doors opened. Taja could hear the mumbled words just fine, but elected to ignore them.

"It's the iStones," she said. "I thought they might have glitched. I know, I'm old-fashioned. But sometimes I worry if we're too reliant on technology."

"I've thought that myself," Aaj conceded, slightly mollified. "Young scholars don't know the value of hard work. Do they even teach handwriting classes anymore? I swear, I'd have more luck reading Muaka tracks than the scribbles my scribes give me—"

"Anyway," she interrupted again as she stepped into the elevator, cutting off the older scholar before he could get going. "Thank you for your time. I'll take your regards to Jaa?"

"Regards?" He snorted. "You can take my—"

The doors closed mercifully. Taja breathed a sigh of relief, and slumped against the wall of the lift. 

So it wasn't a mistake. Dume's Toa star really was gone again, continuing to blink on and off like flashing light. Aaj didn't know about it: she hadn't told him why she was asking. He might've been more pleasant had she voiced her concerns, but she had elected to keep them to herself. Spreading rumours would only bring punishment down on her. She needed solid proof.

Proof of what exactly? She didn't know. Proof of something. Until the stars decided to elaborate, all she had were guesses. And all her guesses were that something bad was happening. Anxiety twisted in her belly and buzzed in her brain. She felt a cold sweat begin to break out on her forehead. She didn't like not knowing.

Her brief meeting with the old scholar had produced some more information. Not only had she confirmed the veracity of the phenomenon concerning Dume's star, but she had confirmed the identities of the other missing star, as well as the names of the stars that had moved so far in only a few short weeks. That information was helpful, of course, but it didn't make her guesses much more informed. She was a long way from a theory. The stars had arranged themselves into a pattern of evidence, but she had yet to draw the constellation. She was running out of time. She didn't know where to go from here. What was going to happen? What could she do?

Taja closed her eyes, focusing her willpower. She willed her stomach to settle, and commanded her mind to be at peace. She waited until her thoughts quieted, until her mind became calm like a still pond. The elevator doors opened, but she remained standing still, eyes closed, looking within herself. Peace would bring answers. Through peace, she would find her destiny. All she had to do was trust the stars.

Start simple. What are the facts?

Dume's star was flickering like a dying candle.

The stars of Toa Lhikan and Toa Nidhiki were moving quickly across the sky, retreating into the darkness of the void.

And Toa Tuyet's star was utterly gone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Beach Assault

The young toa of plasma coughed up dust and mucus as he finally came to. His head felt like it was about to burst, and there was a loud ringing in his ears, the only sound he could hear at the moment. For a second, he worried he might've gone deaf, but upon focusing his hearing past the ringing inside his head, he could faintly hear the noises of battle. Faintly, yes, but still there. Ardoku tried to orient himself. Something heavy was lying on top of him. How did he get here? The toa tried to think back, and as he did, his memories quickly returned to him.

He had been aboard the leading airship, about to deploy from the jump pads. Upon the impact of the plasma cannon with the ship, how ever, he had been thrown off course and landed directly into a large brutish foe. He battled with this foe, before a large explosion knocked the both of them off their feet, showering them with rubble, and knocking Ardoku out. Now as he recalled all of this, he realised that the large foe he'd battled earlier was lying on top of him, his own sword having impaled and killed the brute as the two of them collided. With a heave, Ardoku tried to push the carcass off himself, coughing as dust and debris showered down onto him. They'd been buried under debris. Ardoku groaned. He had to get out of this, he had to keep fighting. Placing the palm of his hand against a piece of the rubble, Ardoku began channelling his element into layer of detritus and sand that buried him and his dead foe, disintegrating it and allowing him to pull himself out from underneath the foe. With great effort he then flipped the brute's corpse onto its back, pulling his sword out and wiping off the blood and viscera that coated it up to the hilt.

At last free, the swordsman now scanned the battlefield, looking for his allies and gauging the situation on the battlefield. A familiar lance of plasma shot overhead, and as his Su-Toa eyes followed, he witnessed the blast taking down one of the airships... the airships that were supposed to be out of firing range. Ardoku's eyes shifted back to the leg-mounted Hagah cannon, an expression of distressed rage taking over his features. Taking out his kanoka knife, he began to sprint in the direction of the cannon, and as the knife began to glow, his form shifted into a faint cloud of particles that dissipated into the air, before a moment later an identical cloud formed near the feet of the cannon, coalescing into the toa of plasma who charged into battle against anyone protecting the massive weapon.

Edited by Onaku

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sans, Protodermisfall?

Sans and the others whipped through the chutes.  Not knowing what lie ahead for them, Sans remained alert underneath his jovial demeanor.  Good thing, because in an instant, he had to act to save them all.

The Alpinist was falling.  The party turned a bend and saw his icy body plummeting towards a pool of protodermis that surely would leave him dead on impact.  The rest of the party immediately followed suit.  They all were falling.  They all were going to die.  Unless Sans could save them.

His old age granted Sans a heightened ability to focus.  His mind was his greatest weapon.  So he performed tow acts simultaneously.  One, he activated his mask, growing, and growing, and growing until he was practically a giant.  He scooped up the Cartographer and the sickly Matoran in his arms, and as he did so, he conjured every bit of elemental power he could, and rose a strong tentacle out of the pool below to wrap around the Alpinist's body.  The tentacle dragged the Alpinist down to the waters a bit softer than his flat impact would've been.  Now came the trickiest part.  Sans attempted to raise the pool somewhat to give him some leeway here, but relied mostly on his sheer size to soften the impact. 

 

SPLASH!  It took a bit of maneuvering, but Sans avoided crushing the Alpinist by  a slim margin.  The impact still hurt, yet Sans had to eat it.  As his old body started to float back to the top, he lifted the two Matoran up out of his arms and towards the surface, so they hopefully wouldn't drown.  SO there the party was: three Matoran and one huge Turaga, treading water in a forsaken slum somewhere amidst the tangled chutes of the Notch.  "After such a long trip to Metru-Nui, I needed a good bath, huhuhuhu.

 

IC: Othorak, Le-Metru Hideaway

The endless hours of lying in the dark were mental torture.  Yet Othorak knew he had to bide his time.  Until now.  Now, Othorak knew he had to venture outward.  He had to finish his mission.  As he crawled off the couch and made his way to his tunnel out fo the rundown apartment, he took one final look at those Matoran corpses which had started falling apart.  "Plenty more where those came from," he smugly assured himself.

The crawl sucked.  the tunnel was just big enough to fit him.  A day of digging it with nothing but brute force to move earth and stone and roots left Othorak extra grumpy.  Now crawling back through it was having a similar effect.  Othorak was driven, though.  No obstacle would stop him.  

After several minutes, Othorak emerged from his tunnel.  It was day time.  He heaved his big rock out of the way, and climbed out, but his rock tumbled a bit down the beach side.  "It's gonna be one of those days," the cranky Steltian thought.  He lumbered over to begin rolling it back, and just when he began to push, he felt something.  He looked down, and the grassy patch of shoreline seemed... lit up?  Othorak whipped his head around to see an airship above him!  It's spotlight was directly on him.  "FORGET THE ROCK!" Othorak felt panic and adrenaline pumping through his veins.  He bolted towards the Metru, leaving his tunnel entrance exposed and fleeing from the line of sight of the airship.  "What did they see?  Did they realize who I am?  Will the alarms sound soon?"  Othorak crouched in an alleyway after what seemed a lifetime of sprinting for his life.  There were no alarms, and the airship didn't follow him.  "Did I really get away?"  Othorak was worried, but only until a lone Vahki turned into his alleyway.  "KARZ!" Clearly, this wasn't Othorak's day.  It wasn't a newer model, yet the Vahki still engaged.  It fired blasts from its staff at him, but Othorak jumped behind a dumpster for shelter.  "This one has wheels," and it was then he fought back.  Using sheer force, Othorak quickly moved towards the Vahki by means of pushing the dumpster down the alleyway.  

The blasts stopped.  As Othorak peeped over the edge to see if his foe had fled, he instead saw the Vahki sprinting towards him on all fours!  He could end this now, he knew it.  Othorak leaped over the dumpster and drew his sword as he rushed towards the robot enforcer.  The Vahki lunged, but was struck down mid-air by a mighty swing of Othorak's blade.  Before the Vahki could counter or escape, Othorak jumped and drove his elbow deep inside the Vahki's chest.  Sparks flew and a few unintelligible crackles escaped its maw as it powered down, permanently.

Othorak took a moment to compose himself.  "If the entire city wasn't already searching for me, they surely would be now.  I must be quick, yet cautious."  Othorak couldn't even hide the body.  He took off, making his way deep into Le-Metru as quickly as he could while remaining stealthy and unseen.  The alleys were his friend, and he clung to the shadows as he ventured towards his target: one of the many airship docking bays scattered throughout Le-Metru...

 

Edited by Azibo
added Othorak update
  • Like 1

beaverdkc.jpg.058196aea1189a8be42d4020232ee8e0.jpg

Wait, this isn't dancing_lariska.gif..?   Six Kingdoms Rebirth: Sans Gaius Amaru Lrrthxx Kokaliga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ta-Metru Fire Pits

The three of them watched the pits burst with flame in regular intervals. After a few minutes of patience they figured out a safe route to navigate the fields from the ground. There was only one catch though: they'd be in the open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Streets.

The Dark Hunter strode purposefully down the street, clawed toes clicking rhythmically. One of her nektann was perched on her shoulder, surveying her surroundings, while the other scuttled along the nest of cables that dotted the Le-Metru skyline, watching from above.

Sidra was hot on the trail of the terrorist Turaga Dume had commissioned the Hunters to pursue... and that none of her fellow soldiers of fortune had seen fit to come after. She didn't have much to go on so far beyond the being's general description, and a possible recent sighting by an airship earlier in the morning, but given there'd been no reports of chaos elsewhere in the city, it was safe to assume the suspect was still lurking somewhere in Le-Metru. 

She slotted her iStone into a clip on the armour of her wrist, and pulled up the camera feeds from the two nektann. They hadn't spotted anything yet, but in a suburb full of diminutive Le-Matoran, a red titan would surely stand out. 

Still, there was a lot of ground to cover,  so she continued on her way, peering into side streets and darkened buildings, while her nektann continued their surveillance. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tallea - Po-Metru - Chute Station

IC: In addition to talking about the latest news, Tallea had also spent the time in the chute network working on a new blueprint using the augmented reality functions of her HUD. She'd worked with Reconstitute disks before and knew what she was dealing with. More or less. This particular variant was several orders of magnitude stronger than what she was used to and it provided an interesting challenge. So by the time they had arrived she had finished her initial design, assuming they could find the parts she was fairly certain her work would be able to draw out the Great Disk's power to do...something. The disk was a reconstitute at random after all.

She looked up from the hologram that only she could see at Atamai's words. They had arrived and now it was time to figure out next steps.

"We need to narrow our search area down. Even if we only limited ourselves to the Sculpture fields it would take weeks to do a proper sweep. Someone local would be best. Someone high enough up the chain that they'd hear about it when one of the Mangai came through. If we can find out the movements of the people who hid the Disk it would narrow things down a lot."


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach

Pardehi landed face first in a sand dune. He kept his head down as the fire as the cannon roared around him, demolishing the flimsy barricade he had shared with Thom. The skakdi had jumped away himself, reacting quickly in spite of his numbness. Skakdi had good sense, so he could have seen the cannon coming even before Pardehi did. Anyway, the numbing drug would be wearing off soon. Thom might feel some residual pain in his affected arm and he might be a little bit clumsy there, but he would probably still be able to hold and shoot his gun. Besides, skakdi healed quickly from these sort of injuries, so Thom would probably be fully recovered in a matter of days.

He would check on him later, but for now he had to pay attention to the toa that had saved him. He had seen him collapse to his knees after moving with a limp. He was clearly injured, though it was impossible to say how badly. Pardehi picked himself off the ground and ran for were he had seen the toa fall.

OOC: @Dane@Smudge8 Pardehi is preparing to treat Jephro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

I walked ahead through the safest path, the issue of being in the open irrelevant once I activated my Huna and disappeared from sight. "Come along, then," I said as the last of me faded away. I expected we'd soon find out what any nearby Vahki thought of this Matoran's excuse that what we were doing was, in fact, not breaking into the Great Furnace.

I was a vigilante. I'd broken into places--for just reasons--before. Looking for evidence to back up criminal activity, getting the drop on the people engaging in said activity. This felt no different, and perhaps that's why it didn't bother me.

Besides, if this Matoran, Gessai, was as shady as I suspected, it wouldn't go against my ethics to simply leave him to his fate. It did, however, go against them to leave a lady like Zecrillia behind. That I wouldn't do, Mata Nui as my witness. I'd called myself a guard, and that's what I'd do if it came down to it. My sword would keep that promise.

Edited by Tarn

letitenfoldyousig.png.cca5b97c0d5b8d82c09c282f919243ba.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Datrox Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 5:55 PM, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - The Taku

IC Stannis | Airship

The old toa listened to Kanohi's monologue with a patient expression on his face. He allowed the matoran to let his thoughts spill out and gave Kanohi all the space to express his emotions freely while Stannis remained impassive and relaxed in contrast. Only once Kanohi was clearly finished, he spoke with an unshakable certainty in his tone.

"I am not concerned by your perceived cowardice. You are a child of Mata Nui just like the rest of us are, and you are strong enough to help. And if you are not, you will be. We have little choice in the matter, Kanohi. War is touching our shores even now and we will all have to fight to keep ourselves alive, some with violence and some with other skills. My job and duty in all this is to guide and inspire, and to find the truth in the web of shadows that has ensured our City of Legends. And in that process, I do not care for keeping the secrets others are trying to keep to themselves if they will save our people. Everyone should know the truths... and that includes you. What they do with that information is up to them, but the more who know, the better.

He took a long breath to clear his mind before transitioning to the next thought and answering Kanohi's last query. "That all may well be the case, and the Great Discs could well be for this project, whatever it may be. I do not know of Dume's intentions, or even his role in all this, there are many unanswered parts of this situation, but Knichou and I were about to find out more about this project from an artifact picked up from Nuparu's body. Hopefully, maybe, it will shed light on the matter. Or maybe not. But I do wish you to come and watch, and learn."

With that, Stannis stood up again and turned to return to the bridge, but before he did so he stretched out a hand to Kanohi, beckoning him. "Will you join us?"


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (The Great Escape)

Everything hurt, but it didn't matter. Kovac Krossfari finally stood, exhausted and weak, but will unshaken. 

Vhisola had gone, it looked like. And even as the Pillar stood, he couldn't afford to stick around anyway.

In a split second, the vigilante dived for the window. The fall would hurt, but it was the only way out.

The only way forward.

IC: Thom - Beach Assault

Groaning, Thom got himself up on one knee, shakily beginning to aim his Cordak launcher at the tank that had shot at them.

"Eat this." He muttered, before blasting two Cordak rockets in succession at the tank, knocking him onto his back.


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Vent  Zai

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Tekmo heard the pandemonium from the apartment window and-was that Toa diving out of the window?

 

IC: Waveahk (Ga-Metru, Waterways)

Waveahk rated Kovac's dive a measly six-out-of-ten, but if he could stick the landing...

  • Like 3

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi swallowed, this Toa was trusting him. Even knowing Kanohi could not be relied on. And he had spoke with such wisdom, at least it sounded wise. He … he fluttered his hands with an anxious energy, he couldn’t let a Toa and a Nynrah Ghost down. He … his heartlight flashed even as he muttered to himself. “Fixed an engine, fixed an engine, I fixed an engine. I helped. I can … I can do this.”

He finished switching off the right engine, before nodding and starting to follow after Stannis. But as he stepped to move away, his foot thumped against something. He fell flat on his face, before dragging himself up to see his disk launcher on the ground. Blushing he picked it up, holstering it, before realizing he had left so many tools scattered on the floor, and the shifting of the airship hadn’t helped. If those tools had hit the damaged engine…

Still, this was a task well within his ability. In a frenzy he picked up the tools and parts, stowing away into a crate, before running after Stannis towards the bridge. 

Edited by Harvali
Forgot Kanohi was in the middle of turning off an engine, this has been changed to reflect that now.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Of Villagers, Outcasts, and Heroes: a Kanohi Fanfic A Restless Freak in Paradise: a Kanohi Fanfic The Company of Cowards: a Kanohi Fanfic  A Village Against the Rahkshi: a Kanohi Fanfic Escapement Profiles: Kanohi  Ka 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jephro-Beach Assault

Jephro fell foreward, catching himself with his arms, panting. He could hear someone running towards him. 

Upon reaching Jephro, Pardehi would see multiple sickly looking gashes along Jephro's arms and torso from the poisoned blade, as well as burns all over his front. 

 

 


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jabali - Po-Metru Chute Station

Oh. Great.

Disk hunters.

Jabali grimaced to herself; an expression at odds with her Miru's permanent grinning face. She shouldn't be surprised, it was what everyone was after these days; but it also sounded like the group of searchers were about to come onto her territory, likely spurning the rules and making her job that much harder. Blowing out a frustrated huff of air, the overseer gathered herself up and made a start towards the group and their vehicle. The low voiced mention of sculpture fields didn't reassure her at all, in fact only confirming her suspicions - even if she didn't catch the whole context of the suited Matoran's sentence - and Jabali swiftly moved to place herself in front of their parked vehicle, hands firmly on her hips.

"No-one gets onto my sculpture fields without proper authorisation, sir." She spoke loud enough for the vehicle's occupants to hear, but also strove to keep her tone respectful. These weren't her carvers, who were somewhat used to her bossing them around; better, then, to play it safe.

"If you don't have that, you're gonna have to start your search somewhere else."

 

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, Nynrah Wreck

She had rocked back on her heels, as if struck by a powerful blow, the instant her powers had touched the orb... or at least, she must have been, because she was certain she had been standing closer to the thing a moment before. But why... that, Varxii had no clue about. Nothing had happened, as far as she was aware; maybe it had given her a tiny shock of repulsion, like the 'zap' you sometimes got from static electricity. But nothing more, certainly nothing earth-shaking.

"It's... I don't think it's anything. It's like a desk ornament. A pretty toy to look at. That's all."

Was it all?

No, it definitely was all.

She shook her head, willing the ever-so-brief momentary doubt away. Wouldn't she know, after all, if it had been something more than that? There was nothing valuable to be gleaned from such an orb.

"Come on, let's keep looking. No sense wasting time over someone's pretty paperweight."

 

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

Between them, they'd got a reasonably good idea of the pattern; and if the Toa was moving ahead that meant, Zecrillia figured, that it was plenty safe to do so. Not that safe was a requirement for her; the Vortixx had a reputation back home for being dangerously reckless, and would have run for it without a moment's hesitation even if the Swordsman hadn't taken the lead.

Giving Gessai, who seemed more nervous about the whole thing now that they were actually here, a reassuring clap around the shoulder, Zecrillia set off at a brisk jog after the now-invisible Swordsman. Actually, she may well have been overtaking him; while she had no fear of the Vahki, they could make life a nuisance. And, in the Votrixx's mind, the sooner they crossed this open expanse, the better for them.

There was the very slight chance that she might end her charge in the least dignified way possible, by crashing straight into the Swordsman's now-invisible back; but Zecrillia thought she'd picked her immediate trajectory, on the same path, just far enough right of him to avoid that. Now it was just a question of getting to the other side of the fire pits... and hoping that there hadn't been any fatal miscalculation in the timings that would doom her before she got there.

Edited by Darth Jaller
Mixed up Atamai's gender, sorry! ^^;

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Barraki Island Capital

“Come away from the window. You can’t hypnotize all of Metru-Nui just by staring at it,” said the soothing voice of Pridak as he lounged on the wide sofa he called a throne. Barraki Pridak was a warrior who loved comfort, pleasure, and his own achievements. His robes were white with red trim, silver bangles dangling from his wrists and the points of his mask as he swirled an ornate glass of bula berry wine. He watched Takadox staring out from the throne room toward a regal warship in the port. The blue armored Barraki’s hands were gripped tightly on the windowsill, his lips sneering and whispering curses.

“Takadox I can’t hear you if you don’t speak up. You know this.”

“Carapar did not have the right to take the mission right out from under me. He stole my prize. That orb was mine by right. The lands south of Destral are mine.” Takadox fumed and spun around, angrily gesturing toward Pridak. “Why do you let this happen? Why do you let him steal from me like this? After all my people have done for this cause, all the blood we’ve spilled, you just let him waltz across my borders and pis--”

“I stole nothing, and we could hear you from down the hall,” Carapar replied, entering the throne room. His heavy footsteps echoed in the vaulted roof. They bickered in a large and ornately decorated throne room. Pridak never left except to wage war if he could help it, preferring to adorn every space with the trinkets of glory and victory on the battlefield. Tattered banners of fallen matoran lands formed the rug Carapar walked across towards his fellow kings. Kalmah Lord of Scars, the red warrior loved by his people, walked with him. His religious whips were wrapped around his arms as always. He tossed a war torn banner of another conquest on the ground, then kicked it toward Pridak. A mask bounced out, sliding across the stone floor where the carpet ended. Pridak tossed a pillow toward one of the piles of trophies near his throne. It jostled a heap of green armor, which rustled awake and rolled over with an aged cough to reveal a very much alive turaga of air. 

“What do you make of this?” Pridak asked.

“A bad idea,” Nidhiki replied. “Cornering Metru-Nui's religion is only going to make it more aggressive. Artakha is a sacred land. Killing its leader isn’t doing you any favors.”

“He was just an old man in a mask,” Kalmah said as he shrugged. His species were maskless air breathers, caring little for the ways of matoran or their needs after centuries of subjugation by a remote empire. "Besides, their faith is broken pile of lies. The truth should be known."

Nidhiki rubbed his chin. “An old man and a pile of lies maybe, but a religious icon more importantly. His brother won’t take this well.”

“Stop ignoring me,” Takadox blathered. The Barraki and the traitorous turaga ignored him.

“Karzhani is just another old man with a mask,” Kalmah replied. Pridak nodded.

“Mantax should be able to handle him alone, if he’s anything like his brother," Carapar suggested. “Where is Mantax, Pridak?”

Pridak leaned back into his sofa and took a sip of wine. “He went to the front lines. Something about setting up a surprise.”

Pridak’s wine glass lifted into the air as Takadox swiped it from his grasp. “I said stop ignoring me. Why do you let him insult my people like this? It’s unjust.”

“You don’t get to have everything you want,” Carapar replied. “Stop whining about it. You were busy, I stepped in. The plan goes on. When I’m busy you’ll step in, as you always do.”

“Are you implying something?”

“No, I think I made it very plain,” said Carapar. The two barraki stared into each other’s eyes, rage filling Takadox’s and a bored glaze filling Carapar’s. Sparks flew between them. Kalmah stood by Carapar's side innocently, but Pridak noticed the warlord's whips loosening and his clenched fists. Takadox broke first, turning away grumpily.

“Well, you owe me and my people an island for what you did.” He crossed his arms and stalked back toward the window to lean against the sill and stair at the sunset.

Nidhiki chuckled. “You wage a war to destroy my people in the name of justice and equality and you squabble over rocks and islands? If only I was back in Metru-Nui. I could make everything so much easier and just kill her myself. I did it once, I can do it again."

An uneasy silence filled the room. Pridak leaned forward, hands clasped in front of his mouth as he stared at the turaga who'd come to them with such a tempting offer so many moons ago. He'd been faithful, fulfilled his duties. Finally, Pridak whispered, “that can be arranged."

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Po-Metru

Oh boy, she sure seems like a bossy one. Her body language says it all. 

My eyepiece zoomed in on the Po-Matoran, making it seem like I was giving her a death glare. “We aren’t necessarily looking to look through your sculpture fields, ma’am,” I began. “We’re currently more interested in sculpture fields or other places where any of the Toa Mangai have been through recently. Have you happened to have heard anything about any of them visiting this Metru within the last few weeks?”


maxresdefault.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

Six Kingdoms: Atamai, Kohara

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Po-Metru -

Vashni bit her lip as she felt the tension between Atamai and the local who had come up to them to say her piece. She neglected to say anything however, as it wasn't like she really had a clue where to look for the disk herself. She wasn't overly familiar with Metru-Nui yet afterall. 

IC: Skyra Daring - Beach Assault -

The glass trap had totally worked! Well...for about ten seconds anyway. But when the tank's cannon swiveled and fired on one of the airships Skyra felt her heart stop. What did it take to stop this thing!? 

Thankfully the remaining airships landed and tanks were being deployed from them, engaging the walking Hagah cannon. That wasn't enough for Skyra though, she gritted her teeth in anger before flying towards the enemy tank, making straight for it as she landed just above the gunner's cockpit and began to fire her Midak Skyblaster right into it. 

@Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @sunflower

Edited by Snelly


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Po-metru, chute station:

Records on Po-metru in memory banks are limited. Unable to narrow down search area. More data is required.

Conversation detected. Voice does not match records.

Combat and pursuit abilities not suited for current situation.

Recommended action: remain hidden in rear compartment of transport.

In the back of the group’s transport, the metal guardian was still. The only sound it made was the soft whir of gears in its cerebral processing unit, but even that constant sound was more muted than normal. It drowned out entirely by the rumble of the motors in the tour group’s new vehicle. Looking at this motionless pile of parts, one couldn’t help but wonder: do robots dream of clockwork mahi?

  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I will post as Stannis in the morning. :) For now, at least I was able to write the Alpy post I intended days ago. 

On 2/11/2020 at 9:53 AM, Azibo said:

IC: Sans, Protodermisfall?

IC Alpinist | Ko-Metru

The climber hated falling, it was the antithesis to his vocation. Falling felt like failure and it rendered him defenseless to gravity's cruel arms. 

The protodermis chute came to an abrupt end and the fluids dumped out into some kind of reservoir and the Alpinist found himself cast down with all the ceremony of a raindrop from a stormcloud. Without the tension of the protodermis in the chute to keep him contained all drag was lost and so went any control he had. Instinctively, the Alpinist reached out with his tools in an eager attempt to grasp at anything—a ledge, an outcropping, a wall, anything solid with which to cling to and save himself—but there was nothing. Just liquid protodermis that was rapidly losing even its own substance, quickly turning from a solid flow to a scattered spray.

The climber was falling freely now, and he suddenly felt afraid. He not only hated the feeling of falling as a sensation, he also feared the repercussions of the act—a failure of protecting himself on one hand, and on the other a realization that he was not in control of his movement. The Alpinist's entire way of life hinged on his ability to go where he pleased, how he pleased, and (most importantly) not fall. 

And yet, fall he did, spewed out of the broken chute like a bad meal. 

With nothing but his fast reflexes to guide his motions he reached back and withdrew his kanoka launcher as his mind quickly figured what he needed too do in order to barely survive. Despite the darkness from the tangled nets of ancient chutes that blocked out even most of the twin suns' rays this far in he could tell that the pool below was not the biggest concern. It may well injure him, or even break his back, but it would not kill him... by itself, anyway. The real danger was from the waterfall he was falling in; without a break in the flow, the constant deluge wouldn't allow for any water tension and churn the pool to a froth that he would have no hope of swimming in, and even if he was not a man of meager aquatics proficiency at best even the strongest strokes would do nothing to help control his movements there. 

Everything hinged on his ability to take the waves, as a matoran with no skills to help in that endeavor. All, save one: In his launcher was a single Ta-Metru freeze disk. He largely preferred using disks from his own Metru as their dodging abilities were useful for evading mischievous birds that would chase kanoka he launched from the tops of towers, but he sometimes carried other varieties too. And, he wagered, the power of a Ta-Metru disk could possible carry the disk against the torrent and reach where he needed it to go. Without wasting much more thought, he aimed, and—but——

Turaga Sans happened.

There was no way to shoot his disk without striking the suddenly large turaga and, he realized, the other matoran. Perhaps, he thought sardonically, a Ko-Metru disk would have been a better choice after all, but there was no exchanging anymore. He was once again not in control of his descent as a tendril of water enveloped him and smoothed his fall into the reservoir, and it seemed like pure luck that Sans did not smash the Alpinist and do what the pool might have done without the Turaga's intervention. But the Alpinist maintained his gaze to the top of the waterfall all the while, and even when he descended into the pool slightly-feet first and sank by a bio into the dark water he kept his single-eye focused aim narrowed carefully on a single point. Sans and the others collapsed into the pool just as the Alpinist squeezed the launcher. It was that or certain death, he assumed, and the risk was worth it if it meant the vague possibility of survival. 

From below the water he fired his launcher and the Ta-Metru Kanoka's powerful flight broke free from the water just barely beside Sans' enlarged body before surging straight and true through the liquid protodermis cascade, battering the torrent aside in a determined path to reach its target despite the possibility for it to lose momentum and fail completely only to fall just as the Alpinist had. It took several more seconds, a long enough period for Sans and the others to start finding some equilibrium in the cold and frothy pool, but the disk did finally strike. It hit, as intended, on the broken chute's apex point, and the activated Freeze ability quickly exploded in a flash of white.

The flow of water from the chute was abated, and the last vestiges of the waterfall fell like rain until everything turned quiet again.

Quiet, that is, until Sans spoke. "After such a long trip to Metru-Nui, I needed a good bath, huhuhuhu.

The Alpinist was slightly furious at a number of things, but despite his feelings he accepted the gifts of being alive and in good company and grit his teeth instead as he managed, best he could, to tread water and stay afloat in control of himself. 

"Well that was **itty," he said finally. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le Metru (on the hunt)

It had taken the better part of a morning for Sidra to track down the spot alleged terrorist had been sighted by the airship. It looked like Vahki had already scoured the area before her arrival, stomping all over any useful tracks. The machines were decent enforcers, but they weren't programmed for subtlety. 

She set off in the direction the titan had been seen moving deploying both of her nektann to high elevations to help expand her search radius. It was only after an hour of searching side streets and back alleys that she found it: a destroyed Vahki, crumpled beside a dumpster in the shadows of a disused alleyway. It's chest looked to have been crushed from a blow of considerable strength, which fit with the profile of the target she was seeking. This was beyond the damage a mere Matoran could inflict.

Returning to the main street, she waved down a passing Vahki and reported her findings, before continuing the search...

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 5:56 AM, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - the Taku

IC Stannis | Airship

Stannis patiently waited on the stoop for Kanohi follow and smiled kindly as he gaffed in his eagerness to go along. The old toa had no sense of urgency to the point that it seemed like time flowed differently for him. In his many years of exploring and wandering he had gained a peculiar perspective on life and the world around him. Mata Nui, he would sometimes say as explanation, had blessed him with the gift of serenity, and few things ever caused him to raise his temper or become flustered. If the red Dark Hunter's dogged pursuit was not enough to make him upset, then Kanohi's endearing clumsy and depressed nature was the least of his concerns.

Stannis prided himself in his ability to consider the beauty in all things, even those that did not see their own beauty; in Kanohi he saw a matoran who tried was doing his best but was plagued by past traumas that made him compensate for perceived inadequacies by comparing himself to the paragons he knew about—toa heroes and Nynrah Ghosts included. Coincidentally, Stannis considered, this positioned Kanohi with the ideal company to help him overcome his traumas and, perhaps, even learn that progress begins with focusing inward instead of out. The old toa thought then what it would be like to teach this matoran how to be calm. It was a pleasing thought. 

Once they were back on their feet and headed up to the bridge Stannis addressed Knichou. "We should go somewhere we can better control the circumstances before using the crystal. I suggest Po-Metru; its canyons can be used for both offense and defense and it's relatively unsurveilled. And more stone with which I can fight with might be useful, as well," he added. He seemed to be very aware of Arkius' location, yet also unaware of the conversation that had only just happened with Nale and Knichou. 


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach

Pardehi reached the toa's side, and saw that he would have a lot of work to do. The toa was kneeling down, supporting himself with his hands. Scars and burns covered his body.

"All you alright, toa?" said Pardehi. "I'm a medic, I can help you heal."

OOC: @Smudge8

IC: Barak - Ta Metru Furnaces

Barak wheezed from the heat, trembling. He drew another syringe, the fluid inside rippling about as his hand trembled. He brought it up to his arm and injected it, hoping it would take effect soon. The syringe had contained a nonlethal virus,  modified from a silvery powder on Odina. Within the next ten minutes, Barak would gain resistance to the smoke and fire of the furnace. He would need to be able to function down there in order to complete his mission, and in any case to maintain his masquerade. After all, what kind of Ta-Matoran seizes up from too much smoke?

He checked his dartgun again. It was well-stocked, though he was not sure how much good it would do him if the vahki attacked, which he hoped they would not. He reached inward, replacing a few vials. These ones contained a highly potent corrosive substance, originally intended for hits on heavily armored targets. If exposed to a metallic substance, it would immediately begin eating its way through. It wouldn't be much, but it was the best weapon he had against the vahki.

He followed Zecrillia and The Swordsman into the opening, dreading what lay on the other side.

IC: Tugarak - Underground Chamber.

"Are you sure that's all it is?" Tugarak was skeptical. "This is clearly a place of great importance. Why bother with a shrine like that if it were just a paperweight? Besides, you don't look too good yourself all of a sudden."

In truth, Tugarak was hesitant to dig himself too deep underground without an immediate means of escape in case things went south, which they often did in caves. Besides, there was something deeply unsettling about this particular cave. He did not want to stay here for long.

He glanced at their orb, watching the lightning flair within. They was something uncanny about that too, though he could not say what. He reached out his hand to touch the orb, but thought the better of it, instead reaching for the handles of his throwing blades. Their was not immediate danger, but it never hurt to be prepared.

"We should go back to the surface." said Tugarak. "There might be something about this cave on the data crystal."

OOC: @Tarn@Conway

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Island

Mazor joined the group examining the orb. "Whatever this thing is it seemed important to whoever built this place." He said. "Maybe we should take it. Carapar won't be happy if we come back empty handed. Maybe the Baraki can figure it out."

IC: Jephro-Beach Assault @Biological Chronicle

Jephro nodded. "Th-th-thank you," he panted. He started to lower himself and roll over.

IC: Informant-Po-Metru

The informant ducked out of a Po-Metru chute station, his ride had been smooth and uneventful. He stepped into an alleyway and activated his mask, summoning a duplicate of himself. 

"Alright," the true Informant said. "We're in a bit of a bind, someone hacked the dark hunter database, and I have to find a place to hide out for the time being. However, we do have a mark somewhere in Le-Koro, I need you to go down there and assist."

The duplicate nodded and turned to leave. The true Informant also turned and walked in the oposite direction. Headed towards the Po-Metru wastes.

  • Like 1

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 IC: Thom - Beach Assault (Weapons ineffective)

Sprawled on his back, he tried to pick himself up, observing the damage he did to the tank.

His one eye widened, as he realised he'd done very little to the thing's exoskeleton.

"Wot's gonna kill this thing?!"

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Ga-Metru (The dive)

And, as Kovac grunted into a breakfall, rolling forward as he hit a nearby lowdown roof, he gasped, dropping himself down to the streets below.

He'd survived.


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Vent  Zai

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: mobile 

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku 

"Po-Metru it is, then. Let's get going before any more Hunters turn out to be hiding somewhere on the ship."

Edited by Tarn

letitenfoldyousig.png.cca5b97c0d5b8d82c09c282f919243ba.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Datrox Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ga-Metru: Vhisola and Bordakh

Vhisola gave out a croaked cry as Okuo disappeared. He understood her call for help to be for the Bordakh to hear her, but she’d meant it for him. Vhisola was scared, the effects of the disc were only just wearing off, and she needed a matoran’s shoulder -- any matoran -- to cry on. Instead, she got the metal hands of the of the bordakh closing in around her, pulling her out of the apartment, dragging her to the parked vahki patrol vehicle outside. There were too many for Okuo to make his move without being overwhelmed. Terrified, Vhisola tried to pull out of their grip, but there was no way a single ga-matoran could escape the clutches of the vahki.

Ahead of her in the patrol vehicle she saw a bordakh opening a strange sphere. Inside she saw it was padded and had strange flickering lights. 

“No, please I didn’t do anything,” Vhisola stammered. She didn’t understand had happened. Today, she’d visited her professor, been harassed by Okuo, been attacked in her own home, and now the police were systematically punishing her? Vhisola couldn’t understand, and in the moment didn’t want to know. She wanted to escape, to run free and go back to class. A vahki’s hand descended onto her face and ripped Vhisola’s mask off. The tubes that ran into her face and helped her breath disconnected with a splorch. She blinked, stunned. The harsh light of the afternoon blinded her, her lungs couldn’t get enough air, her vision started to dim as her body shut down, and then the vahki began shoving her into the containment sphere. They would whisk her away to some unknown location, and return her to her work functions when it was safe to do so. It was their programming. It must be right.

Another group of bordakh circled the apartment, seeking “Informant” to no success. Kovac Krossfari sprinted for cover, making it away from the scene without further incident. His armored chest heaved as he gasped for air. The protodermis in his veins pounded in his audio receptors. Did he run far enough away? Only time could tell, but the bordakh definitely knew what the vigilante looked like.

OOC: Okay, Dark Hunters, this is your last chance to take the shot before Vhisola is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

Tekmo couldn't help but be impressed with Kovac's skillful landing. He also couldn't help but be concerned about the Vahki ripping that Ga-Matoran's mask off and stuffing her inside a cramped sphere. Surely, even if she was a lawbreaker, there was no need for such measures. She couldn't be that dangerous... then, something came out of the-

 

IC: Waveahk (Ga-Metru, Waterways)

Waveahk couldn't help but be disappointed that the Toa hadn't cracked his skull open on the pavement. As for Vhisola... well, he only needed one shot. And even if he missed, the Vahki couldn't catch him. Not in the water.

Something came out of the nearby waterway. Something with two orange eyes, and a scaly arm carrying a Zamor Sphere Launcher, charged with kinetic energy. It aimed for the sphere. And fired.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru streets

Vhisola's body became too weak to resist being shoved into the containment sphere on the vahki transport. Her head felt like a bowling ball, and it lilted toward her faintly beating yellow heartlight as air filled her in ragged gasps. Her fingers were full of pins and needles, and her arms became too heavy to move. Stars swam in her vision, the faces of bordakh crowding around her diminishing from view, losing focus. She felt the soft cushioning inside the containment sphere and melted into its embrace. After the trauma of the day, at least something held her close and made her feel like there might be something alright in a world gone terribly wrong.

Waveahk timed his shot so the zamor flew perfectly through the opening in the vahki as they backed away to close the lid of the containment sphere. The zamor pustule was a lime green harbinger of death. As the enforcers pushed down on the lid and it began its automated closing, the zamor flew through the opening and hit Vhisola. It broke on her chest, splattering its acidic contents through the inside of the sphere. Unable to stop the process, the lid closed with a hiss, leaving only the faintest steaming trail of acidic vapor exiting the sphere for anyone to guess at Vhisola's fate. The vahki quickly rolled the sphere out of sight into the transport, drove off, and turned the corner out of view. The remaining squads of Bordahk began to search for the assassin, diving into the waters of Ga-Metru's canals and scuttling down shady alleyways. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pardehi - Silver Beach

"You look like you've been through a real karzahni of a fight." said Pardehi. Indeed he did. the toa's armor was laced with scars and slash marks, probably from some sort of sharp slashing weapon. Worse, there were signs he had been poisoned. Fortunately, he came prepared. He loaded a level 6 Remove Poison kanoka into his launcher. He stepped back, and fired the disk straight into Jephro's armor, relieving him of the poison. Holstering the launcher, he knelt down and began to apply his disinfectant to Jephro's wounds. "Thanks again for saving my life." he said. "What happened to you, anyway? You look like you lost a fight with a Ta-Metruan armory."

OOC: @Smudge8

IC: Tugarak - Suva Caves

"Go ahead and take that thing if you want". said Tugarak. "Don't blame me for whatever happens next."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Ga-Metru)

"No..." There was no time for him to react. Whatever fired that sphere had vanished back into the water from whence it came, and though Tekmo could no longer see the sphere nor the transport it rode in on, there was little doubt that the Matoran inside, was...

What exactly happened in the apartment? Who was that Toa who dived out of the window, and ran away? Why was that Matoran arrested? Why was she killed? These questions piled on top of Tekmo's other unanswered queries... unfortunately, his suspicion was drowned out by an obsessive desire for vengeance justice. He desired justice, not that other thing.

He dived into the waterway alongside the Vahki, pursuing-

 

IC: Waveahk (Ga-Metru, Waterways)

"Yes..." There was little time for him to celebrate. He began swimming as fast as he possibly could to get away from the Vahki and, uh, some other guy, trying to lose them in the dense Ga-Metru water network.

Edited by Toru Nui

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...