Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

OOC: mobile

IC: Vyarik - Po-Metru (That went well)

"Excellent." Vyarik clambered onto the transport, pulling out a map of the Metru he'd purchased at the chute station.

"If they're hiding out here somewhere, they'll most likely be avoiding the more populated areas. I suggest we cut across the sculpture fields and work our way towards the canyons. Where else would you hide an airship?"


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: unfortunately for Team Taku, Kanohi is not very good at controlling his thoughts. @Snelly it’s up to you if Vashni catches this, you have permission to read his mind if you need it.
IC Kanohi - Po-Metru

Kanohi shuffled to the back of the group, his thoughts rambling but loud. It … it seemed like things weren’t going too bad. Or maybe there were? He was never good at reading the room, but he was with three Toa heroes and a Nynrah Ghost, they could find a way to make peace with these strangers. They were capable and smart, and wise enough to know how stuff works. And some of these people looked like Toa, they could definitely figure stuff out, find out if Turaga Dume is mislead or if it’s a misunderstanding. He just needed to be quiet and not mess things up. He had already helped with fixing the statue, he shouldn’t push his luck. Though, were these Toa? That Matoran who tried to trick him, he … didn’t he grow big? Matoran can’t just grow, can they? They couldn’t in Okoto at least. Or was Kanohi misremembering? 


"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Of Villagers, Outcasts, and Heroes: a Kanohi Fanfic A Restless Freak in Paradise: a Kanohi Fanfic The Company of Cowards: a Kanohi Fanfic  A Village Against the Rahkshi: a Kanohi Fanfic Escapement Profiles: Kanohi  Ka 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum

Turaga Dume did not preside over the announcement today. Instead, a vahki squad mother of the newest form stood in front of the cameras. She towered over the matoran workers, and when she spoke the whole city shivered at the thought of a vahki stopping them on the streets and questioning their business. However terrifying, the squad mother gave her speech with the same methodical, terrifyingly calm, sampled matoran voice;

“Hello citizens. You are doing a good job. Except for those who are not. Go back to your work functions. Haha, that was funny. Okay. No more jokes. We are talking about three things. One: we are not blind, please do not ask if the sky has changed. Until it falls down it is just the sky. Ko-Metru scholars assure us there is nothing to worry about. This is just a new phenomenon. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Two: please avoid Ta-Metru. We are working on returning fire-spitters to work functions. We are sorry for the crash. In the futuwe, we will wequire Dawk Huntews to cwause wess damwage in appwehendwing tewwowists.”

As the strange words flowed out of the televisions across the island, the shape of the squad mother vanished. Gasps from the recording crew echoed out into the city as a green turaga took its place, a villainous smile on noble volitak. He leaned on a gnarled staff, and a pair of broken handcuffs dangled from his wrists. “Three: Nidhiki is back. Catch me if you can, suckers.”

He tapped his staff on the ground and the video feed went dark.

IC: Takadox | Barraki Fortress

"At least someone understands what belongs to me," Takadox said and leaned back into his seat, relinquishing his grip on the sides of his desk. He looked Amartakonen over, noticed his deference, considered his options and expectations. Did he really guess about the orb, or was Amartakonen hiding something behind his turned gaze?

"You are.. Not pleased with the post I gave you? You run a fortress. You get to prepare the soldiers for war. There's food and drink and fighting pits. It took a lot on my end to get you that room with the window. Kalmah wanted to give it to some brute of his, but I convinced him to send them off on a suicide mission instead. You really want to throw away all these gifts?"

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

Immediately upon both parties' attention being diverted elsewhere, the three disks on the roof disappeared, and with a soft click, the pod started to float off, before rapidly disappearing around the corner and out of all sight.

A couple of blocks away in an isolated alleyway that had clearly gone unused and unvisited for years, Okuo opened the pod, holding the regeneration kanoka in his hand. Swiftly placing it in his launcher, replacing the levitation disk, he started lightly knocking the disk into the unconscious matoran, gradually and surely fixing the inorganic components of her body.

How ever, Okuo knew she was running out of time. He took out the component disks for a kanoka of healing, and with the trained deftness of a maskmaker that never truly forgot his origins, fused them into the remedy Vhisola needed. No time for love taps this time. To make sure Vhisola didn't run out of time, Okuo hurriedly put the healing disk in his launcher and fired.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Rolling Out)

Practised hands soon grasped the controls of the Vahki transport, fingers stretching out to get a feel of the vehicle's ergonomics. As a spy, he'd been trained to use most equipment and vehicles the League could salvage or "requisition", but he hadn't piloted this particular vehicle before.

The Skakdi looked back, as the hum of the engine started up.

"You'll have to navigate for me...what was your name again?" His danger-yellow eyes curiously looked over the Dark Hunter. He might learn something about his fellow operatives on this trip.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

"COME! SHOW ME WHAT PASSES FOR FURY AMONG YOUR MISBEGOTTEN KIND!" Tekmo deflected an oncoming blow from an attacker's blade, before driving the razor-edge of his shield through his foe's neck.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

Waveahk wasn't entirely sure when the Dark Hunters and Turaga Dume started working together, but then, he was recently either underwater or delirious from dehydration, so he probably just missed that announcement.

When 'Ghost' asked for a name, he didn't know if he was asking for his or Vyarik's, but decided to give him his name anyway. "I am Waveahk." Now, while he was assigned a code-name, he personally felt it was ill-fitting and hackneyed, so he never used it. After all, what's a 'Commander' with nothing to command?


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vyarik - Po-Metru (on the hunt)

"I am Vyarik," he replied, taking a seat and consulting the map, "Start heading that way," he indicated a direction with his hand, "We'll skirt the border with Onu-Metru, ask anyone if they've seen a damaged airship flying overhead."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, The Ripple

"I. Can't stand. Zombies."

The words were voiced only between weary breaths as Varxii's attention flickered disjointedly to Morah. While she appreciated her fellow Leaguer's words, the combination of the situation as a whole, and her massive unload of power in particular, had left her drained; and it was taking conscious effort to string words together and make sure they were coherent. She rubbed a hand tiredly across the eyehole of her mask.

That wasn't, of course, to say that she'd ever encountered zombies before today. But the concept alone had always deeply unsettled Varxii, even back when she'd been a matoran; and she wasn't any happier about it now that she'd encountered them in person.

She pushed herself up into something that better resembled a sitting position, rather than the slouched heap she'd been in before that moment.

"But yeah, you're welcome. Glad to be of use."

Because she sure didn't feel like she'd done much good back on the island itself.

 

IC: Jabali - Po-Metru Sculpture Field

"I MEAN, you're not wrong. But rules are--"

She had stopped short, however, at Aurax's statement that, far from damaging the statue more, they'd been the ones to fix it. It... did explain the reattached hand, Jabali supposed; and beyond that, she could think of nothing more immediate to say. The Overseer lapsed into uncharacteristic silence as the scene continued to unfold, only offering her name on instinct when Atamai addressed her. As much as she'd love to enforce the rules of her precious Sculpture Field here and now, she supposed that the Fe-Matoran had a point.

Besides which, the Great Disk Hunt really wasn't her domain. She was just here playing local guide and making sure no more laws got broken than absolutely necessary.

She didn't speak as the proto-Vahki emerged from the back of her temporary allies' vehicle - had that been in there the whole time? Was ownership of one of the banished machines even legal? Or maybe she shouldn't follow that line of thought too far. She didn't speak up as Atamai presented his suspicions against Turaga Dume, or as Vashni accused accused Aurax of lying, or as the armour-suited matoran drew attention to--

Wait, Toa Stannis?

That was a name Jabali knew; practically every Po-Matoran knew about this most ancient Toa of their element. Jabali had never met him, never even seen him in person; but the name alone she recognised instantly.

Don't gape, don't gape, don't gape.

On the plus side, even if she was gaping at him like an idiot, no-one was paying the slightest bit of attention to her anymore, in the midst of all this.

 

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru Great Furnace

Well... karz. So much for that.

And so much for Gessai too, it looked like. Zecrillia had no idea what had happened to their matoran guide; only that, the next time she looked around, he was very much not there anymore. There was certainly someone fleeing the scene, but not anyone who looked like a matoran, so the Vortixx didn't bother to give him more than a moment's thought. Instead, she inched slightly closer to the Swordsman, aiming to get his attention... hopefully in a way that didn't lead to him mistaking her for a zombie and reflexively decapitating her like that unfortunate matoran over there.

"So... I've no useful weapons against zombies. We're down one Matoran guide, but not down any Vahki. I don't suppose we can bribe or bluff them, can we?"

She doubted it; but they were fast running out of options. Amongst her strangely calm thoughts in even this insane situation, one particular line stood out to her.

Next time I go out, I REALLY need to bring along a weapon that can disable Vahki, even just temporarily.

Edited by Darth Jaller

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

Without turning to look at Zecrillia, my eyes still focused on the horde, I said, "Bribe? They have no use for money. Bluff? A bit too advanced for that. If you still want inside the furnace, even despite these poor wretched things out here, then perhaps you should use brute force."

I took no notice of Gessai's parting, although I hadn't put it past him to simply split the moment things got too interesting.

"Or we can take an alternate route," I said gesturing nearby with a tilt of my head, towards carts going into the upper levels of the Great Furnace.

Edited by Tarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

4 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

"COME! SHOW ME WHAT PASSES FOR FURY AMONG YOUR MISBEGOTTEN KIND!" 

" I F   Y O U   I N S I S T ! ! "

Before Tekmo could properly register the words that boomed out across the battlefield, a colossal dark green being exploded into existence directly in front of him, grasping a giant sword in mid-swing directly for his center of mass.

  • Like 1

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Silver Sea Island (A Tactical Retreat)

Just as the Skakdi had pushed himself up, grimacing as the acid gradually stopped burning into his skin, and shooting Rose a weak thumbs up, a massive hulking creature appeared out of nowhere in front of one of his allies. 

A fittingly giant sword was in hand, and Thom couldn't tell what species the monster belonged to, despite a vague similarity to his own species. But this was not a Skakdi, that he was sure of. Something more ancient.

In any case, Thom had only one response.

"Nah, karz that." He muttered, before ducking and running away, deeper into the Jungle.

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru (Navigating)

"Aye." Leonn said, in a very odd deviance from his usual lexicon, as the Vahki transport began to move.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Morah - The Ripple

Morah didn't know much about shock, but this sure looked it. Ironic, being a lightning Toa and all.

Trouble is, she wasn't sure what to do about it. She tried a toothy grin (probably for the best it was hidden beneath her mask) and gave Varxii a nudge. "C'mon, le's get ya up. No use lyin' 'round on the floor when there's nice seats on this ship. No spiders there neither."

 

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

It just so happened that Karista was gliding by a screen when it burst on with the enormous image of a Vahki. It didn't matter what it said or what followed, with her nerves already on edge Karista nearly dropped out of the sky right there. Instead she flapped backward hard and caught a wing on the building opposite, sending her into a slow but inevitable spiral toward the ground. She looked over her shoulder for the dragon, confident it wouldn't be long before it caught her now, but still determined to hop along as best as a Kewa could manage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | Temple Assault

The light of the stars and the sun together shone down in a hazy twilight. The sky was a bruised blue-black directly overhead, fading to bloody red at the horizon. Under this alien canvas, Oreius continued his path of righteous vengeance.

His armour, already scarlet, was now painted again with the blood of those he had struck down, both living and dead. The reanimated enemies were unexpected, but he had adapted quickly. Undeath was a blasphemy. He would continue the work the Great Spirit had set before him.

Now he stood before the temple they sought. The fighting had been long and violent (as his wounds could attest), but the goal was near. The remaining League soldiers opened fire on the invaders, and the Toa of Fire ducked behind the rubble of an old wall that had once stood, watching as Thom opened fire from nearby shelter, taking out a gunman. His colleagues reacted with extreme prejudice, turning their attacks to the source of the shots. Oreius heard Thom cry out in pain.

They needed a distraction. The old Toa closed his eyes and opened his mind, expanding his senses beyond his body. He reached out, looking for something he could wield. Something he could bring under his control.

At first, he felt nothing unusual. The gentle warmth of trees nearby, the skittering sparks of small mammals and reptiles as they fled the battle. The quiet heat of the earth, warmed in turn by vast geothermic forces that no one could truly understand or even comprehend. But something was weaving through this deep expanse like a thread, a thread that glowed white-hot under Oreius' mental touch. The Toa of Fire smiled without humour—looks like this volcano was not as inactive as he'd first though. Some hundred feet below the ground's surface, he sensed a vein of magma flowing slowly through the earth. 

He couldn't manipulate it himself: molten rock was still rock—all he could do was make it hotter, or influence its flow by melting the rock around it. But making it flow upwards would take some help. Oreius opened his eyes and looked around the battlefield, searching for an ally who might be able to assist.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

Instinctively, Tekmo raised his shield to deflect his attacker's swing. Vines began to grow along his free arm...

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

"If we do find our targets, what exactly is our plan for dealing with them?"


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

The impact of the sword with the shield was strong enough that any toa would be thrown off balance, but rather than allow Tekmo to stumble away, Kal hooked the tip of his sword on the shield's edge, aiming to pull it away to then deliver a hefty downwards punch to Tekmo's head.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Ko-Metru

Well. This was different.

The sky overhead had grown dim, like someone had turned the lights down. The stars and the moon hung near the sun, glowing against an inky blue sky that turned crimson at the horizon. it was surreal to see familiar constellations in the daylight, Taja thought. It seemed fundamentally wrong. And it probably was.

Turaga Dume's next message did nothing to alleviate her worries. It was bad enough that the Vahki spoke for him, but she gasped when Nidhiki hijacked the broadcast, the intake of air harsh in her ears. The messages of the stars were becoming all too clear. There was no time to decipher the meanings: the prophecies were coming true almost before they could be written down. Nidhiki's star was moving away because he was a Turaga. Dume's star was flickering because he was in danger? She wasn't sure about that one. Tuyet's star? She didn't want to consider the implication...

But Lhikan's star had moved too, like Nidhiki's. So he was a Turaga, and still alive.

The city was under siege, and their Toa were gone. That's why Turaga Dume needed the Great Disks, right? And he had imprisoned the Toa Mangai because they had betrayed him, as evidenced by Nidhiki's sinister message.

She didn't know what to do, but she had to do something. So Taja tucked the iStone into her bag, then continued across the icy walkway and leapt into a chute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

Kal succeeded in pulling the shield away from him, and his punch connected, fragmenting a piece of Tekmo's mask, knocking him to the ground and causing him to let go of his shield, which fell to the ground beside them. Tekmo's other arm outstretched towards his attacker - and the vines wrapped around it suddenly sprouted forth with significant speed, aiming to encircle Kal's head.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

"...A brilliant stratagem. There is no actual plan then? Just attack him wildly and pray for the best?"


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Silver Sea Island (Getting Into A Better Position)

A slide into the bushes landed the sweaty Ko-Skakdi in better cover, arm still stinging from the acid. 

A zealous Ta-Toa appeared to stand before the chaos. Thom couldn't help but wonder what absolute lunacy was going through the Toa's head to be doing so, but he hardly had the time to care.

Grunting as he extended the stock on his weapon yet again, he laid prone, using his eyesight to get a good look at Kal.

"Nasty sod." The Skakdi muttered. The creature's image was like the old legends of Irnakk's cursed creations, a horrible triple-eyed stare and a maw that did more than simply grin. Something about him set certain synapses off in Thom's head, unnerved him.

The worst, though, was that with Tekmo in the way, he couldn't get a clean shot.

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru 

The combative type, Vyarik was. From the way he'd heard the Hunter talk, he could tell there was something far deeper to this particular mark.

The Shadowed One's operatives were certainly not uncorruptable, he knew that much.

However, Waveahk curiously appeared to be more sensible. 

"What...abilities does this Po-Toa possess? And his colleague that you spoke of?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vyarik - Po-Metru

"How we act will depend on what the situation is like if or when we find them," Vyarik replied, his tone a mite more serious, "The last time I saw them, there were three Toa, and two Matoran. The Po and Onu Toa will be in their element out here. The other I only saw using a rifle, so I can't be sure what their element may be." 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

Kal's free hand shot up, grabbing the vines, wrapping them deftly around his wrist before pulling on them full force, aiming to pull Tekmo with them toward himself and skewer the toa's side with his sword.

  • Like 1

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

Kal only succeeded in pulling Tekmo back upright, as the vines separated from Tekmo's arm once he had regained balance, leaving them hanging around Kal's wrist. Acting as though he had planned that, Tekmo fired poisonous thorns from his right hand's wrist at Kal, as his left hand sprouted a vine that slithered along the ground, hoping to regain a hold of his shield.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

"Well then, we'll need every advantage we can get. Since the Vahki were so generous as to hand us these water rations... I can think of a more inventive use for them. I heal faster and regain stamina on contact with water, you see. So, as long as this doesn't take too long and we don't guzzle our way through them..." Waveahk didn't finish, thinking - or at least hoping - that his 'allies' understood what he was getting at.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru

He mentally notes all of this. A rifle, for a Toa, was very unusual. A mercenary assisting them, perhaps?

'Ghost' clutched the controls, as the transport gradually made its way to the sculpture fields. The numbers concerned him, a little. Five of the Toa Cabal vs three of the Dark Hunters* were not fantastic odds. Luckily for Leonn, he wasn't obligated to stay, at least as long as he got some juicy info from the encounter.

He nods at Waveahk's personal plan. He was wondering what his strange mutations were about. 

"Of course."

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

Kal threw the vines from his free hand and simultaneously deflected the thorns with his sword, a move pulled with practised ease as if he'd done this exact thing multiple times. The very next moment, Kal's free hand was holding his whip, and with a speed and ferocity that put Tekmo's vines to shame, the whip shot forth at the toa to wrap around him, be it a limb, his torso, or even his neck.

  • Like 1

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vyarik - Po-Metru

"Understood," Vyarik nodded, getting the gist of Waveahk's proposal, "Unfortunately our standing with the Vahki will mean nothing to our targets. They've convinced themselves the Turaga is embroiled in some twisted conspiracy... and I may have fed them a few lies during our last encounter to add to their paranoia." 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

The whip latched a hold of Tekmo's torso, below his arms. However, the vine from his hand managed to grab a hold of his discarded shield, and swiftly began dragging it towards him. Meanwhile, thick, sharp brambles of wood burrowed out of Tekmo's skin, stretching the whip's hold on Tekmo as they pushed it outwards.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

"Well, the Turaga hiring us, their sworn enemy, may indicate their fears are somewhat justified." Waveahk began taking numerous bottles of water for himself for the upcoming fight. "Then again, a Toa is just a Matoran with power, and Matoran are... well, let's face it, innately cowardly by nature."


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

The push of Tekmo's brambles was contested by the whip itself forcefully constricting around him, a contest that was given no time to play out as with his target secured, Kal yanked Tekmo toward him, once more aiming his sword to maim the ensnared toa.

  • Like 1

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

Tekmo's arm vine pulled his shield back into his hand, as he himself was pulled towards Kal. He raised his shield to block Kal's oncoming swing - as sharp thorns erupted from Tekmo's knuckles, as he aimed to sock Kal in the jaw - the only part of his head he could reach.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

"It will be their undoing." Waveahk stared out of the transport's window, lost in thought for a moment.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

Tekmo's thorned fist met with Kal's jaw. It was a shame that most of his momentum was lost upon his shield meeting the titan's sword, or that hit might have meant something. As it was, Kal simply let out a low rumble of a chuckle, before moving to wrap his whip around Tekmo's free arm in addition to the torso, and shooting a hefty knee the way of the toa's gut to knock the wind out of him.

  • Like 1

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Temple Assault 

Unsurprisingly to her, the conscripted Skakdi had run in the other direction, clearly spooked by something...something Rose spotted in the chaos of the fighting, going after another ally she didn't recognize. A big, green (probably mean) figure resembling Thom's species, wielding an equally big weapon, and although she was tempted to go toe-to-toe with them a few shots from the temple almost punished her for being distracted.

Rose got behind cover again, giving her an angle where she could see Thom in the bushes, apparently trying to get a shot in on the new arrival. She muttered something unkind about him and then swore out loud when a blast from the temple's direction took out a chunk of her cover. Thoroughly angered now, the Ta-Toa propped her flamethrower up on what was left of the collapsed rubble she'd gone behind and decided to try something: focusing her element through her flamethrower a bit differently this time, she sent a burst of it out in the form of a fireball, aiming it at a melee-wielding League member approaching her whose species Rose didn't have time to identify before he was quickly engulfed in flames.

Meanwhile, there was still the issue of the big green guy to worry about, and she then turned and shot a fireball at him as well. 

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

Tekmo gasped for air from Kal's blow, and now his arm was wrapped up with that whip. However, through the gaps of flesh the whip couldn't cover, sharp brambles jutted out, aiming to pierce and scratch the attacker's skin.

Of course, he didn't see or expect one of his comrades to shoot a fireball at him. Why would he?

Edited by Toru Nui

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Po-Metru

Arkius had scratched his head as a cavalcade of new faces arrived at the scene. He'd then raised an eyebrow as Knichou fabricated false identities for himself and Stannis. A playful nudge from Nale caught his attention, and he'd decided against saying anything about the situation. Upon seeing a mechanical scorpion disembark from the vahki transport, Arkius had officially been at a loss for words. From there things went from bad to worse, the scorpion solved the cipher, and a Toa of Psionics made her presence known, calling out Knichou on his lie. After that, Arkius wasn't surprised when Knichou laid out the truth of their situation. In fact, he was rather relieved.

 

IC: Kal - Temple Assault

The first thing Rose would notice was a flicker in the air where Kal had stood only a moment earlier, grappling Tekmo with his whip. The fireball roared overhead, only just missing Tekmo and barrelling into some other unfortunate soul. The second thing she would notice was the large dark green figure standing next to her, his sword raised and ready to swing down on her with extreme prejudice. 

  • Like 1

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: In case you want some mood music

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Ripple

The bunk Mazor found on The Ripple had no view of the outside but plenty of cozy pillows. The sheets were worn with holes, and the metal frame of the bunk above pressed down over him, almost claustrophobic. Taking his mind off the zombies, off the horrific feeling in the grotto, Mazor fiddled with the puzzle cube and watched in a trance as it became a sphere, a triangle, a hexagonal prism... It seemed the grooves carved into its surface allowed for almost any shape to be rotated out of the object’s mass. He wondered how all the material could compress so easily, because mass couldn’t be created or destroyed. It had to come from somewhere, right? He absently fiddled further, feeling compelled to find new ways to bend the cube's shape. As he did a strange presence of calm overcame him, as if someone gave him a warm but heavy hug. The feeling of calm urged him to keep shaping the cube, guiding his fingers toward specific shapes. He found himself repeating a pattern over and over until his fingers grew sore from manipulating the cube and he let it rest on his chest.

Across the known universe the sky changed.

Rapidly.

The red ringed horizon line remained despite the disruptions of celestial bodies. The suns rose and set in a matter of moments. The Moons, always seen before in constant company, rapidly blinked and winked in alternating order. The stars shuffled in their places, forming new constellations and destinies. As Taja zipped through a chute in Ko-Metru, she saw the disruptions to her life’s work occurring in a blur. Finally, after the terror of not knowing what new display could possibly occur in the sky, the stars settled. The moons and suns aligned in a twin solar eclipse. The world became very cold, and the light felt silver and metallic. The suns' rays ringing the moons brightly filled the sky, then vanished. What had been an eerie afternoon turned into a haunting midnight.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
elaboration
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Silver Sea Island (Pull The Trigger)

Thom's focused attention snapped to Kal as he witnessed the demon appear in front of his ally. An opening was there, but it was tight.

"Bang." 

A claw squeezed the trigger, as a projectile erupted from the revolver, aimed for Kal's center mass. 


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

A little confused by what just happened, it took some time for Tekmo to get back on his feet.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru, Vahki Transport)

Waveahk was still staring out through the window as the sky changed for the second time today, "Well. This is unsettling."

 

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, The Ripple)

The source of the sky changing again was not a mystery to Ostrox. "Where. Is. Mazor?"

  • Like 1

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Po-Metru.

Before anyone had a chance to say anything else, the sky began to change again. The stars shifted. The moons and suns aligned in to an eclipse that was quickly replaced with the darkness of midnight.

"Knichou, this machine you mentioned, it wouldn't happen to be able to fix the sky, would it?"

Edited by ~Xemnas~

maxresdefault.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

Six Kingdoms: Atamai, Kohara

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Temple Assault (H-he's fast...!)

Karzahni--

Rose raised her riot shield reflexively to block the oncoming attack, her flamethrower pointed at Kal's midsection as another burst of flame came out at close range.

Edited by Tarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...