Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

Ardoku sighed and nodded, a grim look on his features as he walked away to start packing. "Karzahni cursed zombies..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Temple Aftermath

The memories of what she'd seen on the bluff came back. Rose shook her head to clear her thoughts and let go of Skyra's shoulder.

"I didn't think it was like that over there too...Metru Nui was supposed to be the last safe place in this Mata Nui-forsaken universe..."


@Snelly


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"Don't let the big guy hear you saying that. Mata-Nui forsaken..." Ardoku said quietly as he strolled to a stop near Rose and Skyra, a glance over his shoulder to make sure Brutaka wasn't paying attention, before looking back to the pair. "Anyway, you two fought well out there from what I saw. I don't think we've ever spoken. I'm Ardoku."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra - Temple Aftermath -

"Well, the world might be going to #### but at least we have each oth-" Skyra paused as Ardoku approached them and introduced himself. 

"Hiiiiii." 

@Tarn@Onaku



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I have an awful habit of forgetting this  character exists.

IC: Zaliyah - Barraki Fortress

The courtyard echoed with the sound of clicking claws as Zaliyah impatiently paced back and forth. 

The dead were rising. The skies were changing. Ethereal wails rode on the wind. There was something fundamentally wrong afoot in the universe, and the League was inadvertently responsible for at least some of it.

She wasn't particularly put off by this fact. The Barraki were far from infallible, they bickered and belittled and backstabbed like the seasoned psychopaths they were. The Six Kingdoms were full of flaws, but at least they admitted them, owned them.

Still, she hoped the warlords would finish playing with the occult soon, and focus on the task at hand.

Metru-Nui, the last bastion for those who still clung to righteous piety and old ideals.


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Temple Aftermath

Rose glared at Ardoku.

"I can say worse, son. Name's Rose. This fine soldier of a gal here is Skyra," she said, patting the Le-Toa on the back.


@Snelly@Onaku


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"Yeah, well, so could I, I just don't want any of us catching flak for it." Ardoku sighed, rubbing the back of his head with his good hand. He wasn't very social usually, so this was s bit awkward for him. "It's, uh, nice to make your acquaintance, Rose and Skyra...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra - Temple Aftermath -

"Eh what's the big guy gonna do? Get grumpy at us?" Skyra smiled. "Can't be worse that the sort of trouble I used to get into back at home." 

@Tarn@Onaku



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"You don't want to see him grumpy... trust me..." Ardoku had a thousand yard stare for a moment before snapping back to the moment. "Sorry, what were we talking about? Something unrelated to Brutaka's wrath? Sounds interesting, please tell me more."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Taku

19 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Atamai said, ”What exactly did you two see?”

The old toa took a moment to gather his thoughts before he replied. Atamai was the first to ask, but he spoke for everyone present, all just as eager to find out why anything was happening. At least there could be some answers gained here. 

He explained it, then—all of it. He started retelling the memories bit by bit, doing his best to be complete and not leave out any details. When he wanted to be especially sure about what he was retelling he would pause, mill it over, make sure Knichou remembered it the same way, and then continue. He spoke of Nuparu's frustrations with the abruptness of the project, the onerous timeframe given, and his original issues with doing anything with the scraps. He related the late engineer struggling to come to terms with the device's ancient occult past and potentially immoral applications, and then spoke of Turaga Dume's visit and the cruel news he gave. 

Finally, painfully, he told the group about Nuparu's final testament, and how even though he had resigned all control over what the new weapon was to be used, he kept his head high and sabotaged the device in an attempt to prevent it from causing harm. "Nuparu, it seems, was distrustful of what Dume's administration wanted to do with the device," he finished by saying. "He didn't want a repeat of the vahki experiment, he feared this time it would be worse."

A long silence grew over the group as they pondered what they had heard, finally broken by the bright and anxious matoran Kanohi who's rampant emotions and curiosities bade him speak first.

On 3/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Harvali said:

Toa Stannis,” he squeaked out, “this is … if this device can empower a Matoran with the power of a Disk, the Great Disks … this … I don’t know what to do. What do we do? It’s not a weapon, not some monsters, it’s a way to empower Matoran. Matoran can know the three virtues, they can follow the Toa Code while a cannon couldn’t. But … is this against destiny? And would noble Matoran actually be given this power? Would they even want this power? What if unworthy Matoran were empowered? I … I know I could not be trusted with this power, too cowardly and clumsy. And some Matoran might be worse. Not all, but some. And if the Great inventor Nuparu was horrified, and he understood this machine better than anyone … but if it could end the war, end it by empowering noble Matoran , but they aren’t Toa. Does it not work on Toa? I just … and if Turaga Dume only recently took over the Dark Hunters, and now they aim to kill him, does that mean … he didn’t have Nuparu killed? Or did he? I just…” 

Stannis smiled kindly from beyond the shadows of his cloak. "You ask the good questions, Kanohi, and there are no firm or easy answers for them—yet. But I will offer something, a perspective, for now. Toa are said to be chosen by Mata Nui to be the guardians for his Matoran people, that we possess power because we were destined to and burdened by a Duty, and those beliefs guide our actions and morals. We are made weapons by nothing less than a god. If Dume, or whoever masquerades as Dume, uses this device to create new living weapons... who would they be loyal to?" He let the thought linger.

"Unfortunately we still don't know anything more about Dume, his true motives, or the relationship with the Dark Hunters in Metru Nui, but we can hope to find out more once we arrive to the Coliseum."

"Heyyyy uh, Stannis... is that Arkius?" Knichou said. He was looking out from the cockpit with an aghast expression and a clearly worried tinge in his voice as he spied the unmoving body of their headstrong but brave friend lying in the sand and slowed the Taku's speed to get a getter look. 

"Oh my god, it is!" someone else confirmed. 

"We don't have time to spare for a landing," Stannis said. "Knichou, let's swoop down for him, and open the loading bay a bit. Vashni, can you use your mental powers to pull him in?"

OOC: @Snelly @Onaku

Also Alpy post is in the works.


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"Huh? Oh, yeah..." Ardoku touched the scar on his bicep, and its continuation on his side. "I, uh, didn't know wounds could be inflicted while quick traveling. Got my... whole arm..." The toa of plasma seemed almost nauseous trying to recap what happened. "I couldn't even feel the sword cleaving through me."

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra - Temple Aftermath -

Skyra felt the slightest shiver as Brutaka winked at her and then walked away. Then she shivered again as Ardoku explained what happened to him. "Yeesh, that sounds rough, but hey, at least you got it reattached yeah?" 

IC: Vashni - Taku -

Vashni didn't have much time to dwell on what Stannis told them about this Matoran empowering device, as it seemed one of their comrades was in need of her assistance. She nodded quickly to Toa Stannis. "I can." 

Vashni wasted no time moving to the loading bay, waiting for the airship to get low enough so she could grab Arkius telekinetically.

@Tarn@EmperorWhenua@Onaku



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"Reattached, yes, but uh..." Ardoku took his good hand and raised the reattached arm, before letting go of it, watching with a sour expression as it flopped limply back to his side like an unliving bag of meat and bones. "I can't feel anything in it. It's just... numb."

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"It's my sword arm, so... yes." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rose - Temple Aftermath

"Double shame. Here's what you do when you get back to mainland: get yourself a nice prosthetic to replace your dead arm. With a sword built into it."


@Snelly@Onaku


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra - Temple Aftermath -

"Well...hopefully it gets better." This was starting to get a bit awkward. 



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis & Knichou | Taku

With a little care, Knichou was able to swing the Taku down just low enough for Vashni to exert her powers on Arkius. It would be tricky—the airship was still moving somewhat quickly for a rescue maneuver—but entirely possible. Stannis, meanwhile, stood by in the hold, ready to receive his friend and try to nurse him back to health. Again.


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Taku -

As soon as Vashni felt she was safely in range, she reached out with her element and grasped Arkius telekinetically. She carefully raised him up and pulled him towards the ship. She didn't let go until he was safely in the hands of Stannis. 



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

"I'm... not getting rid of my arm! Medic said it would take time to heal fully, and that I'd need to train it back to full strength..." Ardoku looked away from his arm to Rose, then to Skyra, before back to Rose. "I'm sorry, I'm just making things awkward, aren't I?"

He sighed, looking off to the side and muttering audibly to himself. "Spirits above, I'm going to get that big green brakas..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She rushed to Stannis' side as Arkius was pulled back into the ship. The Onu-Toa had...seen better days. "Can...can you heal him? I had no idea he'd gone off like that..."


IC: Rose - Temple Aftermath

"Just a suggestion."

Rose clenched her fist at Ardoku's mention of the "big green brakas."

"You and me both, son. I'll tear those fancy wings right off his back if I get the chance."


@Snelly@Onaku@EmperorWhenua

Edited by Tarn

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra - Temple Aftermath -

Skyra looked slightly surprised. "Oh, it was that ****er that did that to you huh? I wouldn't mind getting another stab at him myself..." 

Edited by Snelly


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

Ardoku looked back to Rose and nodded determinedly. "Yeah, we'll- wait, sorry, did you just say wings??"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

The thousand year stare was back in full force. "I'm sorry, I think I'm gonna need to sit down now."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra - Temple Aftermath -

"Yeah he might haunt my dreams for a while..." Skyra paused, "Not that I'm scared of him or nothin!" 



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Nidhiki | Ko-Metru

Nidhiki paused as he sized up the skakdi. It gave Leonn the perfect opportunity to do the same. The turaga of air wore a noble mask of silence, dark green and black armor with small hints of lime color dashed in as accent around the hands and joints. A silver scar ran across his neck from one side of the jaw to the other.

“I thought your employer would have done a better job teaching you about talking in public. Follow me, I’ll take you to Project Freedom.” Nidhiki scoffed, coughed, and then began walking down the alleyway towards a door leading into the knowledge tower on the left. Leonn followed the turaga, who seemed much more agile than his posture hinted, through a small crowd of Ko-Matoran scholars. Walking on floors of ice posed the combined problem of being cold and needing to move quickly for fear of being frozen in place. It explained why the scholars in the towers shuffled about without stopping to chat. They took a nearby chute, slipping quietly through the public transit system, then ascended several elevators until they reached a knowledge tower near the outskirts of Ko-Metru. After speaking to a receptionist very quietly, they waited a few minutes in pleasant silence to uncomfortable lobby music. Finally, a Ko-Matoran with icy blue eyes and wearing a mask of telepathy appeared and shook Nidhiki’s hand.

“Hello stranger, I’m Nuju,” the matoran said. “I heard you have some friends looking to book a vacation. Follow me.”

The three made their way to an elevator inside the knowledge tower. Nuju swiped a badge on an access terminal and beckoned Nidhiki and Leonn to follow him into the freight elevator. The doors closed and they began to descend…

And descend…

And descend…

And then they arrived in a place Leonn never would have expected to exist underneath the streets of Ko-Metru: a triangular shaped warehouse that stretched almost too far, long rows of red lights casting a bloody hue across the space, with a mural on the far back wall that looked eerily like the docks outside the Barraki Fortress. Blinking and getting a better look Leonn wasn’t so sure it was a mural. Surrounding the mural was a strange triangular gate of some kind stuffed full of teleportation type kanoka discs.

“Well now,” Nidhiki said with a low whistle, “you’ve really outdone yourself.”

“It was nothing really,” Nuju replied. “But it should be ready to go once you install the memory crystal.”

“Ah, yes, that,” Nidhiki said as he rummaged through one of the folds of his cloak, finally producing a cyan gemstone that looked like a sprouting potato. “Here you go. Coordinates for the habitable zone.”

“Maintaining a portal from the head to the chest isn’t going to be easy. The armies are only going to have a few minutes to cross the boundary once it’s live.” Nuju stated and Nidhiki nodded.

“I understand, but this is a large enough space. I’m sure we can move most of the army’s forces, if not all. Leonn, would you like to do the honors? I’m sure Takadox would appreciate having something to claim as his doing.” Nidhiki offered Leonn the memory crystal. The skakdi could see at the far end near the rippling waves of the possibly not a mural wall was a terminal for the strange triangle gateway of discs.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Leonn - Ko-Metru (Staging)

He took the crystal, inspecting it in his claws. That comment Nuju made was odd. Head to chest? Was that a Matoran expression he wasn't aware of?

"Gladly." He replied to Nidhiki, shaking his confusion off. 

Leonn promptly approached the terminal with excited trepidation, and gingerly slotted the memory crystal into the open socket that was waiting. 

Edited by Dane

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - the Taku:

From the main cargo hold, the mechanical enforcer sat alone as the others gathered in the main cockpit to experience the memory crystal. The machine would have joined the others, but its power cord only reached so far, so it instead sat and listened.

New information received. Analyzing...

Device appears to transfer kanoka disks powers into living organisms. Duration of powers is unknown, but memory crystal indicates permanent transfer. Design of device suggests multiple discs can be used at once. The Creator died regretting his involvement in creating this device, possibly the Usurpers as well.

Queries: Why does Turaga Dume need great discs? Did Dume know specifics of great disc powers before machine was created? Did the Creator regret making this unit?

Analysis: Onu-metru great disc was hidden by Toa Nidhiki. Other discs were likely hidden by other Toa Mangai. Disc was hidden at least 3 months ago. Construction by The Creator on disc power device was a little over 2 weeks ago. Timetable does not match. Unknown how long Turaga Dume knew about device. More information needed.

Further analysis: Great disc powers for Onu-metru and Po-metru are unsuited for combatants. Reconstitute at random is unreliable. Weakness is risky for allies. Other great discs may be similarly unsuited for direct combat.

Searching databanks for information on Kanoka...

Kanoka are discs made from liquid protodermis. Discs can be forged into Kanohi of various powers. For Kanohi outside of main 8 Kanoka powers, combinations of discs are used to create an appropriate disc to be forged into a mask.

Disc power device has 6 slots. No known combinations of mask powers requiring 6 discs known.

Simulating hypothetical combination of 6 great discs...

Working...

FATAL ERROR. Citizen Pacification Unit OS Ver. 1.2 has encountered a problem and needs to restart.

As the crew of the Taku rushed to tend to Arkius’s injuries, the mechanical enforcer continued standing off to the side unmoving. The sounds of clockwork gears whirring at an increasing pace let anyone observing know that the machine was hard at work. Soon enough, the whirring increased in volume and the sentinel’s cranial unit began to shake. The pattern was broken by a short popping noise, followed by the machine’s glowing eyes dimming immediately, followed by the limbs and body collapsing onto the floor. A small plume of smoke began to billow from the fallen construct’s head.

A short time later, the eyes on the machine began to glow once more, and the protodermis protector slowly lifted itself off the floor. It turned to glance at Stannis.

Toa Stannis, when convenient this unit needs to speak with you.”

  • Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9  Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Dume - Coliseum, ???]:

“Well then…” Dume started, somewhat eagerly before stopping himself and turning back to the Po-Matoran. “I’m sorry, I did not catch your name.”

“J-Jabali.”

“Jarbali?”

“No, Jabali.”

“Ah. Well then, Jabali, this has all been very amusing, but there is work to be done.” the Turaga said, slapping his thighs before standing up. For someone who’d just avoided an attempt on his life, he was rather unperturbed. He reached into his robes and pulled out a pair of spectacles that were custom-fitted to his Kiril. He glanced down at his left wrist and fiddled with a bracelet that was so nondescript, the Matoran hadn’t even noticed it before. After a moment, his arm dropped and he returned the glasses back into their pocket.

He turned to the closet door and, quietly, carefully, opened it just enough to make sure they weren’t walking into more surprises. Satisfied, he pushed the door fully open and the two exited into a corridor that followed the curve of the Coliseum’s architecture, it’s ends obscured from view. 

“Hrmm…”

Dume turned right and began to walk, eyes slowly scanning the walls, clearly looking for something. Before Jabali could ask, he gave a quiet “Ah!” exclamation and moved toward a panel in the wall. He studied it for a moment, before tapping one of the corners with his staff, which caused the panel to pop open. Behind it were fuse boxes and other features that periodically needed accessing by maintenance, but they were not what the Turaga was interested in. The label on the fuse box however, was, as it indicated its location and finally gave him a point of reference.

“Quite lucky your disk wasn’t stronger, Jabali.” he explained. “Climbing all the way up from the basement would have been rather inconvenient. But three floors are quite manageable. Come along. We mustn’t linger.”

He pushed the panel close again and began walking at a brisk pace.

-----

On the collective plane, an alert was received. The Boss acknowledged and sent a message out through the appropriate channels.

“Confirm priority beacon activation. HVT protection units converge on signal source. Secure perimeter, assign six frames for escort.”

Status indicators blinked green as the orders were processed.
 

  • Like 1

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Po-Metru to Coliseum
When Waveahk succumbed to the vahki they locked him up on a vahki transport and took him to one of the secured gates of the Coliseum. When Waveahk finally saw where he was again it was because he was being pushed into a cell. The walls, floor, and ceiling were made of white washed protodermis, and a strange energy crackled along the open side facing the hallway. 
"Ah, company," said an older man's voice after a few minutes from across the hall. He was small, with red and gold armor. "What you in for?"

Elsewhere on the outside of the Coliseum at the closed Po-Metru entry gate, the Revenant was bound and transported to a similar cell on the same floor of the prisons a few cells down from Waveahk. The elderly voice continued;
"Oh my, I don't think I have enough tea for this much company. It's getting bad up there isn't it."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ko-Metru

As Leonn inserted the crystal into the terminal near the mural gateway the whole surface of the interior of the triangular machine flickered. The discs activated in tandem, and Leonn felt the cold air below the surface of Ko-Metru become a warm sea breeze. He heard gulls, and felt a salty splash of seawater. 

"Well done," Nidhiki said, patting Leonn on the arm. "congratulations on starting the fastest free public transit system in the matoran universe."
"We need them in here, now," Nuju said nervously. "the discs run out of charge in an hour. I don't want the power to cut with them still in transit. I don't know where they go if that happens."

On the streets of Ko-Metru, the matoran Mantrak stopped stared at him confused. He wore a noble mahiki, and had a thick fur collar on his pale white and blue robes. "The geo-what now? Everything is good. We're safe here in Metru- Nui from the war."
 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Aftermath)

By this point, Tekmo was done with the packing. He found Ardoku talking with two other Toa who tried to fight that green monster from before, and apparently still discussing it. "So... I don't suppose I can persuade you to stay close to me until your... condition improves?" He asked the Plasma Toa, genuinely concerned for his comrade's well-being, even if their first meeting hadn't gone too well.

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Prison Level)

"...Vyarik?" Waveahk recognized his former associate - though, it was clear that something was... different about him now. Ignoring the red and gold one's question, he seemed completely transfixed by what had become of him.


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Leonn - Ko-Metru (Legalizing Nationalised Transport)

"Not to worry, my fellow freedom enthusiast." He reassured Nuju, after typing up a single message to his employer: "Door's up. Ready to see you whenever, xx"

He twirled the compact IStone in his hand after sending the message, grinning triumphantly. "We are on."

For some reason, Leonn had truthfully never envisioned the League's invasion and how it might look. This was getting beyond his own predictions. It was both exhilarating and terrifying. He wasn't sure what his next step would be.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Zataka, Coliseum - The Gardens level]:

The warlord had stood and watched when the sky had changed once more. More and more, Zataka got the feeling they were at a turning point. And she had to move. While substantial, the gardens occupied only one large area of the fiftieth floor, with enclosed walkways and the outer balcony connecting the segments of the megastructure so one could walk its entire circumference. 

Which was exactly what Zataka was doing, while methodically scanning every room she came across, evaluating possible entries and exits and routes. All while keeping an eye out for signs of the dark hunter from earlier, or other members of that organization. At the same time, her Suletu kept tabs on the other Matoran that had gone even higher, waiting for a signal if they spotted anything. But so far, no sign of Jabali and Dume had been found.

What was your plan, old fool?

She went over the facts in her mind again. Dume had asked for the six disks to be collected. Perhaps he just wanted them retrieved for safe keeping? No, that did not make sense. They had been hidden for a long time before. If there’d been a risk of them falling into the wrong hands, he’d have sent people on this quest long ago. And not just Matoran. They were powerful artifacts and he clearly intended for them to be used in a capacity that would give Metru Nui - or him - an edge in the conflict. A power source perhaps? Or a new Kanohi, forged from the most powerful Kanoka available - a silver bullet. Which was risky - almost too risky - to bet everything on one item. If the disks weren’t found in time, intercepted or stolen before he could get them...or if they just weren’t found in time. A lot could go wrong there. 

Speaking of things going wrong: there was also the broken alliance with the dark hunters to consider. Understandable when faced with the might of the league. Very understandable, considering she had only come to the city to solidify her own position and ally with it to repel the league encroaching on her territory. But Dume had to know it couldn’t last forever. Not in good faith. Him winding up on their hit list must have been a possibility he had considered ages ago, even before the Barraki had begun their campaign. He must have prepared for it in some way.

She replayed the short fight in the gardens before her mind's eye again. Dume had been on the defensive the entire time. He got a few licks in, but always retreating back towards his office. It was a defendable location with that door...but no, that couldn’t be the only reason. If he’d wanted to escape he’d have made for the elevator or one of the other exits. The office was a deadend, and someone like Dume wouldn’t back into a corner like that voluntarily, not without…

Contingencies.

A somewhat sinister smile crept onto her face. “Heh.”

:Top floor is clear for now. No sign of Dume yet. I’m heading back to the gardens.: she informed her Matoran allies, matter-of-factly, before briskly continuing her walk, leading her back around the top floor to where she had started, and a little further.

Everything was the way she had left it, with the only difference being the Vahki that had arrived to secure the upper level after the attack. They were patrolling the top floor she’d just circumnavigated, stood watch along the outside balcony and at all entrances and exits. She asked one of the units at the passage leading to the office if Dume had reappeared, but the enforcers didn’t have any new information available: The Coliseum was on lock-down, the Turaga had escaped and was still missing.

Zataka stood at the center of the room, going over every little detail this time. There had to be something here that would have been useful to Dume against the dark hunter, had he managed to get to it. Her left arm was across her chest, while the fingers of her right hand tapped her chin rhythmically as she eagerly ran through the possibilities in her thoughts.
 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vyarik/Revenant - Coliseum Cells

The Revenant had little regard for the other beings in the cells.

It was not here to converse, it was here to serve its purpose. 

It was close now, so close... 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Jabali - The Coliseum

"Um... a bit of both, honestly."

She picked herself up, dusted of and straightened her sash so it sat neatly across her chest once again. Jabali had to admit she felt a little embarrassed to have essentially thrown the most important man in the city into a dusty closet; but at the same time, she couldn't help a small surge of elation that she'd actually done something useful. Whether she'd saved Dume's life or not was open for debate, but she had got him away from the immediate danger; that counted for something, she was sure.

She frowned a little as the Turaga fiddled with his wrist, doing something she couldn't see; but the Po-girl didn't question it. He was Turaga Dume, he knew what he was doing; and her place was just to do what he said and hope to be useful again. As such, she followed as he led the way out of the closet, found and inspected a fuse box, and instructed her to follow him back upstairs. While Jabali wandered at that - wouldn't he rather get to a secure bunker (she was sure the coliseum had something of that nature built in, just in case) than head back up to the scene of his almost-assassination? - she knew her place.

"Yes, sir!"

She followed quickly on his heels.

 

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru Great Furnace

"Right, right..."

Probably fair advice. Zecrillia didn't pause any longer; the first number to come into her head was three, so that was what she set the middle digit to. One-three-nine didn't sound quite right; still, she paused for half a moment after setting it. Just waiting to see if any response would be triggered.

If nothing happened, she would continue cycling the middle digit upwards until she hit on something that did get a reaction, either positive or negative.

 

(ooc: @Unreliable Narrator I know this isn't correct even if the number is the Great Disk code; but I couldn't have her guess right first time xD But is there any kind of penalty for getting the number wrong? Or can Zecrillia just keep trying until she hits on a combination that works? ^^)

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Rek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Ga-Metru (Journey's End)

Before long, the ship had arrived at the docks of Ga-Metru. Thom looked brighter at this, having finally got to his destination after days of travelling.

"Home, sweet home!" He grinned, happily. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...