Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Ardoku - Great Temple

Ardoku blinked. "I uh... um... well... one thing I should... uh..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Zataka, Coliseum - Dume’s Office]:

Zataka moved for the portal as well, only to stop at the threshold as the weight of the choice before her: If she followed the Toa in she would not be able to stop the remaining Barrakis’ advance, likely costing them the city. If she didn’t follow them, they might follow through with Dume’s naive, self-righteous plan - risking their past with no guarantee for a better future. Either way, she would have to give up control over part of the situation and that was something that grated heavily for the warlord.

She stared at the machine rising beyond the portal, the dark hunter scaling it in a bid to disable it, the rookie Toa trying to stop her, watched over by Tuyet and her weirdly homogenous Matoran workforce. Zataka let out a hiss through gritted teeth. 

“Tuyet!” she called out. The Toa glanced back towards her. “Be wary of yourself.” she echoed Stannis’ words and the meaning behind them: :If you screw this up I will come for you. In this timeline or the next.:

Then, with one decisive back fist, she shattered the mirror, closing the portal. 

Her choice made, she moved back to Dume’s desk, fingers dancing across the interface. She pulled up surveillance footage and status reports. There were enough cameras still active across the city and she quickly got the overview she needed. It was time to go to work.

Sans and his team had departed for Ko-Wahi. Surveillance showed the warlord was currently engaged in combat himself. Good, that would keep him busy until reinforcements arrived. She repositioned Keerakh to make better use of the terrain and the mirror-maze like nature of the icy buildings, so they could effectively hit and fade the Barraki’s forces.

Ga-Wahi was still contested but...there was no sign of Takadox, only his forces following standing orders. Odd. Fortunately, the nature of the conquest had been largely bloodless. Since casualties were low, she asked the Bordakh to gain what ground they could and then moved on.

Onu-Metru was equally getting fought over, but the Rorzahk seemed to hold their own for now. Mantax had been seen entering the archives with a personal guard, as had a number of allies of Metru-Nui. But there was no available footage from inside the archives that showed the warlord himself. An entire area of the archives had gone dark, the feeds showing nothing but static. Something must have interrupted the signal.

She saw the sky above Le-Metru filled with stationary airships and Ehlek’s forces dug into the Metru. She assigned another detachment of Bordakh to approach from the sea and flank them.

Next she flicked to Po-Metru and was doubly surprised: First, Carapar had fallen to the hands of two Toa, by what she could tell. Secondly, Takadox had apparently left Ga-Metru to...help? Either way, she quickly ordered the Vahki to push into the Metru and secure it.

Lastly, she checked in on Ta-Metru. Between the terrorist attack, using the foundries to fight the invaders and the league’s soldiers wreaking havoc, this part of the city had taken the worst damage. Fires had broken out, more smoke than normal hung in the air and the dead lay in the streets. And then she spotted the warlord responsible. Kalmah was moving with a purpose, but not further into the Metru. He was headed west by the looks of it - towards the coliseum.

Zataka leaned on the table with her fists as she moved closer to the holographic image, studying the warlord’s features.

“What are you up to…?”
 

  • Like 3

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (The Great Temple)

"AUUUGH, MY EYES!" Half-blinded by the light entity's agonizing glow, Tekmo involuntarily let go of its arm. His eyes shut, he tried to bash his adversary with his shield. He wasn't sure what was going on, though it seemed he had accidentally made the situation worse and caused the enemy Toa to multiply again.

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Dume's Office)

"Oh, very well." Waveahk tried to open the water bottle while handcuffed. It was not easy, but he did eventually manage to get it open... though most of the water missed his throat by a wide margin. It didn't seem to matter, as his mutated physiology simply absorbed the moisture through his skin.

He needed that. Ever since the incident in the elevator, he had been... disoriented. So much so that even though the incident began with him drinking water, he had hallucinated that he had flown up to this office - wait. How did he get up here in the first place? The... thing had told him to go up, and he did. Swimming through the air towards this very floor. It was impossible, and yet, it must have happened... right?

How much of this was real? Did he hallucinate what happened in the elevator? That drink of water it provided felt real. So did the thing that crawled inside his arm... a 'weapon', apparently. And that headless Toa must have been real, otherwise why would that Turaga free him only to leave him behind as bait? The Turaga himself had to be real, otherwise he would still be in that cell. Well... none of that was his concern anymore. There was no way even the Toa would be so stupid as to leave that issue unchecked. It would be dealt with, in time. He was still where he wanted to be - in Metru Nui's custody. It was just that being in Metru Nui's custody was turning out to be much stranger than he had imagined.

Ah, but there was still the small problem of his 'agreement'. Kill 'Korruhn' - apparently one of the Toa who was present when he barged in through the window - and Mata Nui. Waveahk was in no position to eliminate the former, and had no idea just how he was expected to eliminate the latter. And he wasn't sure how this entity would retaliate for his failure. It was clear that this entity could somehow hear his thoughts so he was pretty much doomed already, otherwise how did it know he wanted a drink? He was doomed, unless he could carry out two impossible tasks. Could it hear his thoughts now?

The deal was invalid. He didn't know what he was agreeing to. The 'contract' was made under duress from fear of being devoured by a slug creature. He did not have to kill Korruhn and Mata Nui, and even if he could - well, he would need a little more help than the word 'up'.

Waveahk closed his eyes, and tried to find some semblance of peace in what could very well be his final moments.

 

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

"Well, its a long story. My lord asked me to keep an eye on a particularly suspicious character and the rather important item he was carrying. I followed him into what appeared to be a labyrinth of flesh beneath the city and I, uh, lost him. So I look around the place, travelling through tunnels of meat and then, suddenly I arrive here."

  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-The Cortex

Mazor's hand gripped a little tighter on the cube, his thoughts moved at a million Bio/hour. It would be wrong for Mata-Nui to kill a matoran, but Nuju had specifically stated they were coming here to kill Mata-Nui, so it could be considered self defence. Irna didn't trust the creature, but this whole time I've felt the cube drawing me here.  He took a deep breath. All I wanted was some time to think, without other bossing me around. Is this what fuffilling destiny feels like? Being rushed around by others until you do what you were made for? If so, I don't like it.

He looked up and locked eyes with Mata-Nui, not letting go of the cube. "You can have it, but I want something In return. I don't want to be anyone's servent ever again, not even yours. I want to choose what my destiny will be."

  • Like 1

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Tuyet's cave

The wrench on the ground began to morph as Knichou toyed with his powers. This was similar to sculpting with the protodermis nanites his armor was made of, but also radically different. He shifted it's shape as if it was a stress ball as he assessed the situation.

The portal had been closed, but luckily Knichou had two of his allies with him. Despite that, the odds weren't exactly in their favor - they were three new toa, trying to take on a suicidal dark hunter while also potentially having to keep Tuyet from trying to use the device herself. The trio would need to at the very least incapacitate the dark hunter and possibly Tuyet as well in order to begin work on the machine. If only there was a quick way to get them out of here...

Knichou thought back to less than a minute ago, when Atamai had dodged the first attack.

Quote

“Mata Nui, grant me the power to teleport myself and others I am in physical contact with to places I have physically been. May this be done only if I have been to the destination within the last seven days. Amen.”

The plan was formed. Now the hard part: communicating it to Atamai and executing it. Knichou sped over to Atamai in an instant, skidding to a stop in front of his fellow Toa. Knichou whispered in Atamai's ear, just audible enough so Atamai could hear most of it but quiet enough that Sidra and Tuyet would not hear his plan over the roaring of the rushing water.

"We need to get both of them out of here - I can carry you close quickly but you'll need to teleport fast. You might want to let me pass your disk to Okuo for the maneuver"

Edited by BULiK

Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OOC: Thanks Xemnas for helping to put the Kalmah, Brutaka, and Kohara section together!

IC: Kalmah, Brutaka, Kohara | Coliseum Parade Grounds

Kohara’s hailing Brutaka echoed over the throngs of matoran clustered together in crowds for safety. The matoran did not stampede into the Coliseum, instead following the vahki’s orders of waiting for their turn to ride the elevators into one of the three towers. The swelled around the Taku parked on the parade grounds. A few Le-Matoran pulled out graffiti paint, trying to leave their mark on the airship before continuing on. Some matoran stood by with their forge aprons still on, hammers tucked into their belt loops, and soot in the corners of their masks. Others carried bundles of personal items from home in their arms or books from work. An even more disturbing number carried nothing.

Brutaka heard Kohara’s voice over the crowd. He turned toward the steps of the central tower to look for the toa of light, but a sudden explosion and a crescendo of frightened screams from near the Ta-Metru gate distracted him. For everyone standing in the parade grounds of the Coliseum, things went from bad to worse.

Through the broken and smoking cinders of the Ta-Metru gate strode Kalmah with a few members of his army marching behind. They carried his banners high, and the fluttering crimson fabric cut deep into Brutaka’s heart. Axonn’s maxim returned to him, calming his inner flickerings of fear: the losing side is the one worth fighting for. Brutaka stood on the losing side, and he stood firm. Frightened citizens began running in the opposite direction, causing the panicked crowd around Brutaka to push past him. 

The crimson warlord ahead of his contingent spied the blue and gold titan standing over the crowd. Kalmah pointed his finger in Brutaka’s direction.  “You! I’ve seen you before. At the council meeting. You are Brutaka aren’t you?”

Brutaka glared menacingly at Kalmah. “What of it, Barraki? Have you finally crawled back to beg the Great Spirit for forgiveness?”

The warlord laughed. “Hah! I came to hunt the best sport in this dull world. You, Brutaka, will make a fine warm up for the main event.”

The frightened crowd began to thin between the Barraki and the titan. Brutaka, holding his signature rotating blades, took a ready stance. “So you say, but you’re not taking me or this city today, Kalmah. You want sport? I’ll give you sport.”

With a piercing cry, Kalmah charged forward, chains in hand. Brutaka did the same, spinning his blades as he went. He swung in a strong downward cut, intending to cleave the warlord in two, but Kalmah activated his mask of invisibility and vanished. The blades cleaved through only the empty air. 

“You won’t fool me with your tricks. I spent the better half of yesterday cleaning Mantax’s filth off an island. I will clean you off Metru-Nui just the same.” Brutaka couldn’t see his opponent, he heard the rattling chains as Kalmah moved invisibly through the empty space formed by the panicking crowd. Brutaka swung his blades at every spot he heard sound from. Nothing. 

A chain suddenly appeared from behind the titan, wrapping itself around one end of Brutaka’s blades. Another chain did the same on the other end. Before Brutaka could react, Kalmah yanked the chains hard, pulling the sword directly out of Brutaka’s grasp and through his armored chest. The crowd screamed, drowning out the sickening crunch of the weapon betraying its master. The titan’s heartlight went dim as his corpse fell in two. Brutaka’s life stained the packed floor of the parade grounds.

“That was always your problem, Brutaka: you spoke too soon and never listened to reason.” Kalmah stood over the body with a wicked smile. He bent down and removed Brutaka’s Great Olmak from his face, wiping away the silver liquid from the inside. He surveyed the remaining crowd, held the mask up over his head, and shouted;

“Metru Nui! If this is the best your city has to offer I am not impressed.” Still smiling, he placed the Olmak over his own face. The gold with blue highlights of the mask slowly turned to the same crimson as the rest of Kalmah’s armor. Kalmah announced his next challenge with a bellow;

“Zataka, impress me!”

 

IC: Tuyet Mangai | Dume’s Mirror

The glass shattered behind Tuyet as the mirror crumbled to Zataka’s backhand. The toa of water appreciated Zataka’s strategy. While the Southern warlord lost her chance to control the situation, it sealed the Dark Hunter in with four toa, several matoran, and no avenue for escape except wherever the current of the underground river might lead. After listening to the conversation in the office, Tuyet knew as long as Knichou stayed alive the machine could be repaired. He’d seen whatever plans Nuparu used, and better yet still had the knowledge crystal somewhere for others to learn too. 

If we have the time for it. She couldn’t help but smile grimly at the thought of needing time to fix the very machine necessary to go back in time to fix the fate of the matoran. Her mind returned just as quickly to what she could control: the waves rising from the river and the Dark Hunter’s escape. She continued to work the waters surging into the cavern from the side behind her, knowing it would dwindle the river ahead. Tuyet needed to carefully time when to funnel the water back in, or risk breaking the wall down like the wall of a dam under too much pressure. Tentacles of water formed on the tips of the waves, grasping at Sidra, trying to pull her down and drown her. Tuyet tried to quickly think of her next plan while she waved her arms and lowered her stance to control the ever rising waves.

She knew where the Dark Hunter could go from the top of the machine: into the river or leaping to the catwalk. The river told Tuyet it continued out of the cavern underground for miles in a raging torrent before reaching the sea.  It would only be stronger when she let the river return to its natural course. It seemed unlikely the Dark Hunter would submit herself to the unknown darkness of the river. Orange-armored miniature matoran were filling the catwalk though, trying to clamber up via the ladders and scaffolding along the walls of the cavern. She gratefully appreciated their help, but also knew their tactical intellect peaked with swarming  someone and throwing whatever they could lift and nothing more. Then, Tuyet remembered, the Dark Hunter used some power of teleportation to enter the cavernous workshop. She could use it to leave. The mask Sidra wore didn’t look like a kualsi or a kakama. Tuyet never saw such a mask, but she did see her enemy step out from the shadows. Whatever its ability, it allowed for nearly immediate travel across a decent distance. Tuyet didn’t like that thought. 

“She can teleport! Try and track her movements and watch behind you. Disks by the wall, Firespitter,” Tuyet shouted to Okuo. Sure enough a crate of low powered disks helpful for repairing and tinkering could be found stashed out of harm’s way under the scaffolding.

That left Atamai and Knichou. Atamai’s power did something similar to whatever the Dark Hunter wore, but it could do so much more if given time and study. Tuyet honestly felt a pang of gratitude for Atamai being new at the job of toa: she’d hate to know what decades of war turned his prayers into when calling upon his mask. Maybe they could use Atamai’s powers to teleport the Dark Hunter away, making her irrelevant? But could she teleport back like Atama? Tuyet couldn’t know the answer, so she settled for straight up killing the chaotic swordswoman.

She knew Knichou used the powers of iron, but how well could only be found out as the fight continued. Tuyet didn’t want the fight to continue. Tuyet wanted quick, killed, and moving on with the plan to save the world. Could the new toa handle the bloody taste of war?

She noticed the rapid blur of red and white in the periphery, and witnessed Knichou speaking to Atamai in a hushed voice. She couldn’t hear it over the waves and was confident no one else could. Their secrets were safe, though Tuyet didn’t like them planning something so openly obscured. She knew they didn’t trust her, not yet: seeing a woman you thought dead in a magic mirror after their turaga got murdered before them and immediately assuming her intentions aligned seemed like a stretch even to her. Trust needed to be earned, and Tuyet respected that. She didn’t trust them either. Over the rushing waves Tuyet shouted;

“Ghosty, spill it: can you or can you not do more than change a hammer? We gotta keep her off the machine.”

 

IC: Takadox | Po-Metru

Takdox waited patiently for Leonn to cross the halfway point between the two toa and their small contingent and him and the remnants of Carapar’s army. He knew of plenty of times the hostage died before making the far end. It always happened after the halfway point. Today though… Today would be different then the times he’d released hostages. No, today Leonn would make it fully across the line and they would disappear as soon as Takadox could grab his man’s hand. They’d go wherever Takadox could see. Maybe a hill, then a boat, then a cloud, then another cloud as they fell, then possibly to a pair of reclining chairs at a tropical resort somewhere in League territory. Screw the League.

 

IC: Pridak | Ko-Metru

The arrival of more toa and a very large blue man who could only be a deranged turaga made Pridak reconsider his plans of crushing the traveling imbecile who buzzed about him without regard for his own safety. He swatted the attack against his shoulder armaments aside, knowing full well the traveler would just appear somewhere immediately near again. Pridak for one of the first time’s in his life wished he had a kanoka disk of a freezing. It’d do the traveler plenty of good to chill out for a bit. He knew his armies could hold the toa, at least for now.

“Varxi, attack the turaga,” Pridak commanded. He knew she hid somewhere nearby. No doubt she thought herself a hero, planned an attack against him. Well, Pridak knew her place: below his heel and under his command. When he took her island home he made sure the toa of lightning understood she knew her role in the world.

 

IC: Dume | Cortex Memories

“You say you were tracking someone, but you’re the only stranger I’ve seen today. Must have lost them in the,” Dume paused for a moment trying to really visualize the next two words, two words he never thought would ever leave his mouth together, “meat maze. You said they had an object. Now, I’ve seen some strange objects, and toa, in my time as a smith. Would this object be able to create illusions? Wait, no, that would mean I’m not real. And that doesn’t make much sense since I am.”

Dume laughed and slapped his knee. “You sure you didn’t magically shipwreck on the island last night and then eat something in the jungle this morning?”

 

IC: Mantax | Onu-Metru, Archives

Mantax grunted as Arkius’ boots connected with his head. The toa of earth’s acrobatic stunt nearly off-balanced the barraki, but Mantax held firm and threw a knee into the trajectory of the toa’s fall as he dismounted the warlord’s arm. He hoped to catch Arkius off guard, get him off balance, then follow up by pinning him to the floor with his hands. Getting the toa on the floor pressed against his own element would make the fight end quicker. Mantax could just crush the skull with a well placed kick, or here could grab both ends and tear down the middle. Mantax knew many moves for ending a duel honorably. He only hoped Arkius could leave a scar for old time’s sake.

 

IC: Grell | Onu-Metru Archives

With the flames bursting on the slick and now oiled floor, Grell slid underneath the kanoka disk Kilo-M9 threw to behind one of the shattered and empty display cases. The new blades the toaster carried would be dangerous if she got close. She realized now the machine basically resembled a kofu-jaga. She’d dealt with those before. Grell had this in the bag. She made sure the silver zamor properly sat in the launcher from her crouched position, then popped up quickly to fire it off at her foe. Inside the zamor buzzed several dozen lightning bugs, their crackling electricity making the outside of the sac glitter like a glow lamp.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Varxii - Ko-Metru

Looked like that was her cue.

In these recent minutes, Varxii had been putting some distance between herself and Pridak's front lines. Keeping herself out of the warlord's line of sight, making excuses to any soldiers she did cross paths with, as she scanned around for a good ambush point. She couldn't count on any allies, she supposed, so the best she could do was choose a good spot to make her stand - one where, with a little preparation, she could lay a decent trap for the warlord. For once, Varxii's mind was far from thoughts of getting a fullfilling fight; she was no longer just a brawler, she was a protector... and the surest way to protect the Matoran of this Metru was to drop a building on Pridak's head, whether it was 'sporting' or not.

In one hand, she still carried that mask of the late scholar who had inspired her to break from the League. Varxii wasn't sure exacty why; only, that she wanted to honour that Matoran's memory, and the best way she could think to do that was to preserve her mask, the symbol of a Matoran's identity, from the hands of League thieves and plunderers. Maybe, when all was said and done, she would errect a decent memorial to that otherwise-unknown citizen.

Assuming, of course, that she survived the next few hours.

That seemed a lot more likely of a prospect when, glancing upwards for just a moment as she judged whether a fractured knowledge tower seemed unstable enough that she could collapse it at just the right moment as Pridak passed by, she caught sight of something in the sky - something that was rapidly growing larger, and turned out to be the bizarre form of a gigantic Turaga, with three normal-sized Toa clinging to his back. Varxii's mouth hung open for a moment.

Now wasn't the time for stupid questions, however. These four were clearly defenders of Metru Nui; and in that case, joining up with them was what she needed to do.

Pridak's forces gave her no opposition as the lightning Toa charged through their ranks towards the newcomers. Most, of course, knew that their master had her on a leash, knew that she had come to Metru Nui on their side, and simply assumed she was eager for a piece of the fight to come; and Varxii was perfectly content to let them keep believing that. It was only as she reached the defenders, leaping over the last few of Pridak's soldiers as if she was seeking to steal their kill, that she flipped in midair and came to land with her back to the new Toa, her confrontational gaze instead directed at her former fellow Leaguers.

"I'm on your side," she muttered to Sans and his companions, and suiting action to word by chanelling powerful bolts of lightning into a couple of Pridak's warriors that knocked them sprawling.

(( @Azibo and company, Varxii's joining you ^^ ))

 

IC: Jabali - The Virgil, over Le-Metru

Now armed sufficiently, even if her newly-claimed Vahki staffs were unweildy in the close quarters of the airship, Jabali rejoined the others on the bridge. Having nothing to add, with her abject lack of experience of arial combat - or any combat - the overseer from Po-Metru remained silent as Toa Stannis spelled out exactly what they were facing, and what they needed to do about it. In spite of the venerated hero's confidence, Jabali could only watch with distinct apprehension as they drifted closer to the mines.

She had all confidence in the other Toa too, of course. But even so...

That didn't make it any less nerve-wracking to just stand back and watch as they were navigated through a literal minefield.

 

IC: Zecrillia - Zataka's Office.

She'd been fully prepared, of course, to follow the Toa through the portal. Zecrillia liked to think that her stake in the whole matter of the time-travelling... thing was purely professional - Dume had paid her to work on weapons for him, so that was what she was going to do until further notice - but really... there was a personal aspect to it, too, that very much was up for the plan. If their little time travel escapade worked, her brother would still be alive; and her only regret was that, with the shift of time, the Barraki would never get the chance to realise how very neatly their desire for conquest was being thwarted before it could even begin. It would be a shame to lose the opportunity for the supposedly great warlords to see all their hard-won efforts crumble away to less than nothing, and Zecrillia wished she could have be on hand to see the looks on their faces when they realised what was happening. It would be a fitting way to avenge her brother.

Still. If this went according to plan, he wouldn't need avenging.

That opportunity, however, was slammed shut in the Vortixx's face as Zataka smashed the mirror with one solid punch, abruptly cutting off any way through it. Zecrillia blinked slightly, watching as the glass shards rained to the floor, and as the titan turned her attention to the late Turaga's monitors. Whether Zataka had deliberately meant to keep her from joining the Toa party, perhaps not trusting her, or whether she had simply not thought that anyone else would intend to pass through... well, either way, the result was the same.

Zecrillia rather got the feeling that she'd been forgotten here, as the new ruler of Metru Nui tapped away at Dume's desk and the other guy, apparently a prisoner, fought a difficult battle against a bottle of water. She looked from one, to the other, then addressed the back of Zataka's head.

"So... did you need me for anything? Or should I just find a quiet corner to get back to the work the old man contracted me for?"

Considering that the Barraki were literally at the gates, and that her method of weapon design work was carefully artistic, it was debatable whether any such work she did now would even be ready in time for it to be needed. And by the end of today, the present might be so different that it wouldn't matter, anyway. But hey, a contract was a contract... and it wasn't like she would be doing much good by just standing around and waiting for that reward Dume had promised her.

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Rek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Tuyet's Cave

As soon as Knichou holstered his carbine and had his hands on the disk he zoomed over to Okuo, placing the glowing red disk of unknown power into Okuo's launcher. Perhaps not the safest place to put it, but it was definitely the quickest - no need to waste any more time with explanations, Okuo would know what he had to protect. Speaking of explanations, Knichou began to answer Tuyet from multiple spots in the room during this journey.

"I'm not that experienced with my..."

Knichou arrived back at Atamai.

"...powers. Plus it's hard to..."

Knichou slung Atamai over his shoulder, the fellow Toa of Iron clinging on for dear life in that uncomfortable position.

"...see behind all that water"

Knichou continued using his kakama to run Atamai to Tuyet, dropping him off behind her back and moving the Toa's arms like a puppet so that Tuyet would be mere inches away from his fingertips before making sure Knichou wasn't touching Atamai anymore. Knichou hadn't told his fellow Toa that Tuyet would be the first target, and he could only hope that Atamai didn't hesitate long enough for Tuyet to prevent her expulsion.

Edited by BULiK

Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC, Atamai: ???

Knichou dropped Atamai off behind Tuyet. Atamai was ready for whoever his first target was, so he instinctively reached forward to grab her. If he was successful, he would instantly activate his mask power in order to take her off with him to somewhere else on the island, maybe the Po-Metru scupture field, or the Archives. 

IC, Kohara: Coliseum

Kohara watched in horror as Kalmah cut down Brutaka and claimed his mask. A look of anger crossed her face. She used her power to turn invisible, and made her way to a safe distance behind the red Barraki. She became visible and quickly fired a laser vision blast at the back of his head. 

Edited by ~Xemnas~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Tuyet | ???

With a startled shout Tuyet felt the breeze of something moving fast behind her and then she and Atamai vanished from the room. The waves crashed back down out of the toa's control, rising above their banks and sweeping toward the small exit where the river left the cavern on the far side of the room. The waters surged and rolled with an incredible force, the currents tearing away some of the scaffolding and raining tiny orange matoran from the sky. They screamed but were dragged under the water and drowned in the miles of underground river tunnels before, maybe an hour later, they would be deposited where the river fed into the Silver Sea.

Tuyet grabbed hold tightly of the arm clutching her back. She heard Atamai program his mask, but didn't expect him to be such a novice as to eliminate a potential ally. She needed him to get back, and he needed her.

Too bad he didn't know why.

 

IC: Kalmah | Coliseum Parade Grounds

Kohara saw the mass of scars and open wounds across the barraki's back and nearly hurled her noodle lunch before blasting with her lazer vision. It burned a hole in Kalmah's shoulder pauldron and he yelped from the intense heat, spun around, and laughed in Kohara's face. His chains followed his whirling, flashing forward to entrap Kohara as Kalmah's new mask began to glow.

"A toa of light... How about a trip to the shadow realm?"

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)


OOC: mobile post

IC: Zaliyah - Le-Metru

The rigged ships were beginning to move, clearing a path for the incoming vessel. That definitely indicated there were far more than mere Vahki on board. There had to be at least one Toa, of magnetism or gravity or air.

Whatever their element, it wouldn't save them from what came next.

Zaliyah angled the lightstone rifle upwards and loosed a single shot into the open air. The overcharged lightstone arced upwards and forwards, obviously way to low and far to reach anywhere near the airships. It struck a vacant rooftop and blossomed into a vibrant conflagration of light. 

To anyone watching from a distance, it would be nothing but a brief glint of light. But to those nearby, who knew the plan, it was a signal.

A signal for Ehlek's troops holding the remote detonators to set off the explosives.
____________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Tuyet's Lair. 

Reaching the top of the machine, she dropped into a crouch and turned to face the To, clinging to the ring-like section on top with her good arm while drawing her rhotuka launcher with the injured one. 

To her surprise, the Toa of water was gone, along with Atamai. She assumed the same thing had happened to her as had happened to the fused Great Disks. It was one less enemy to worry about, but she had a feeling now that the Ga-Toa's wall of water was gone, she would be the next being to get forcibly teleported somewhere she didn't want to be. 

"I don't to kill anyone else I haven't been hired to," she called to the remaining Toa, "But I can't let you do this. I don't have your Toa code, your misguided morals... but even I know this is wrong." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, Harvali said:

Be … be careful, Toa Vashni. I’m trying to rescue Matoran, hundreds seem to be fleeing from Le-Metru, the district may have fallen. As for what I wanted to share … I guess Toa Raz did not reach you. I do not know if … whatever I saw matters now. The city matters, the Matoran most of all. But … in case I die, and if you have the chance, look into my mind, I will recall the memory.”

IC: Vashni - Airship the Virgil, Le-Metru airspace -

.:Alright, I will do so, stay safe Kanohi:. She made sure to get the complete memory, even as she worried about Kanohi. There was nothing she could do but pray for his safety however. 

21 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

"Don't worry about me, Vashni," Stannis reassured between tired breaths. "I'm quite alright. Age brings many thoughts but, mercifully, clarity too. Thank you though."

Vashni nodded to the older Toa. If Stannis said he was alright then she'd take his word for it, at least until she saw otherwise. For now she let her body and mind rest a bit, knowing that both would be needed very shortly. 

@Harvali@EmperorWhenua@That Matoran with a Vahi@Tarn



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

"I'd take a shot right now, but I don't have an opening if Arkius is fighting him...seems like those soldiers don't appreciate anyone interrupting 'honorable duels' either."

@Dane@Onaku@pokemonlover360

IC: The Swordsman - Ta-Metru

As I looked, I spotted one of Kalmah's own soldiers--a Vortixx wearing dark red armor to emulate his leader, struggling against some of the district's undead, clearly unprepared to face horrors such as this. Just as he dispatched them with a lightstone rifle I snuck up and grabbed him from behind, throwing him to the ground. The Vortixx's weapon fell beside him and I kicked it away before he could retrieve it. "Where is Kalmah?" I asked, placing my foot on his back. 

"Why would I tell you anything, Toa?" That classic League defiance.

"For one thing, I could light you aflame and watch you panic, running into a crowd of these zombies where you'd certainly be torn apart," I said. A bluff, but neither he--or Iradra--knew of my lack of power. It seemed to be working, however, as I watched his expression change, revealing a hint of concern. "And..." I drew the obsidian blade, displaying it proudly where he could see it, "...I could always just deal with you quickly, and find someone more willing to talk..."

"Fine, fine!" the Vortixx exclaimed. "Kill me, then. He's heading for the Coliseum," he spat out, "but I'm only telling you to lead you to your doom. You fools won't last a second against Lord Kalmah, and when he finishes you off, I will be in Karzahni to gree--"

A boot to the back of the head to knock out my informant. I turned to Iradra, who had been watching the exchange. "There you have it," I said, "for all we know, he's already left the district."

@Onaku


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Dume's Office)

Interesting. He wasn't dead. Perhaps he could run with this. "...May I speak to whoever's in charge?"

 

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

"You know, illusions generally claim that they're not an illusion, otherwise that would defeat the purpose of being an illusion. I should know." Ostrox gestured towards his mask.


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: ???

The two Toa tumbled out... onto a rocky area. Atamai stood up and looked around. They were on a plateau... not just any plateau, but the plateau where he and his companions had found the Great Disk of Po-Metru. An endless desert stretched beneath them as far as the eye could see. 

Atamai dusted himself off lightly. “Sorry about this. We just want to make sure this gets done our way. It’s nothing personal.”

IC, Kohara: Coliseum

”Sounds like an awful vacation destination,” Kohara quipped as she ran back in order to avoid the crimson Barraki’s chains. She turned invisible again and began to move around him, trying to get a good angle on his backside. Hopefully I can hold him off until I get some backup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | The Great Temple

The situation was growing stranger. The newly formed Toa of Light seemed less inclined to violence, so Oreius chose instead to focus on the Toa of Shadow and its inky counterpart. He figured getting rid of all the shadows would be a good start.

The Toa of Fire made a fist, then pulled upward in a sharp, jerking motion. Heatless fire burst to life in a large circle surrounding the seven beings. The bio-high flames licked the air, dancing like ordinary fire would, but the light they cast was colder and harsher, and it emitted no warmth. All shadows within the circle dwindled away.

That accomplished, Oreius reached to place a hand on the Kra-Toa's shoulder...

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OOC: currently sick, apologies if this post is incoherent

IC Kanohi - the Coliseum’s border with Le-Metru

The little Fe-Matoran focused, to Toa Vashni his mind might be a storm of static, full of thoughts bashing and striking each other like a clash of armies. And through it a strange image manifested. Not unlike what it might be like to read the mind of a Toa who wore a Mask of Clairvoyance. 

Quote

 

The world vanished for Kanohi, shards of glass erupting from his eyes. He stumbled backwards, to see the shards of glass drifting in the void. As if a playful Garai user was making them dance. He stared and the shards bumbled and struck each other, with each collision green sparks striking between them. Until before his eyes the image had merged into a small chain of islands on the ocean.

Kanohi … his hands moved on its own, reaching out towards the island. As his hands extended the image rippled, like the fumes of the Great Furnace. Before Kanohi’s gaze he could see waves slamming into the islands, small huts pounded by the ocean. The water drew higher and higher, smothering the shanty-towns on the coast as a dying flame.

The Fe-Matoran felt his heartlight beat as a lighthouse, and his hands shot out, trying to push away the waves, shove the water aside. But the water slipped through his fingers, forcing his hands open. His optics shook in horror, he kept trying, but water was beyond him. He could only look as a marble of water spread across the islands like an infected mask, until the last town was pulverized into powder. As that town was shredded  a solitary crimson flag was uprooted from the force,  and slammed straight into his eyes, coiling around his head. Kanohi clawed at his face, struggling to get the banner off—

 

There was a roar like fire erupting off in the distance, and Kanohi startled to see a bridge collapse in the wake of an explosion, Le-Matoran plummeting into the waterways below. He could not wait longer to see if Toa Vashni got his vision.

Quickly he grappled past the wreckage, firing a regeneration disk at the edge of the ruptured walkway. The metal bridge regrew like a vine, even as he ducked beneath it. With a hand outstretch he grappled past the water, dredging a Le-Matoran out of the waves as he did. As he dropped off the survivor he grappled again, arm outstretched to scoop up more Matoran. 

 

 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Tuyet's cave

Seeing Tuyet and Atamai disappear in front of him, Knichou used his Kakama again to run up to the machine, seeing Sidra climb atop it. As she drew her Rhotuka launcher Knichou's eyes were drawn to hand with the finger on the trigger. Even with his kakama letting him dodge quickly, Knichou had no idea if his reaction time would be enough to save him from getting hit by the projectile. He paced around the machine, as shields of iron began forming around his forearms.

Knichou had a chance to talk his way out of this, but he doubted he had so much charisma as to talk someone into a completely different worldview about the fate of the universe. At least he would be buying time for Okuo to get closer.

"Do you think I'm agreeing to this task lightly? That I'm blindly following the will of Dume, Tuyet, Zataka, the Barraki, or even the Shadowed One? They all have their angles, their power plays, they cannot be trusted with such a innate power over everything. I'd even go so far as to say you should not trust me, or any of my newfound allies, with these godlike powers. No mortal should."

Such a convincing argument, Knichou. Think!

"But if you destroy that machine, these disks can still become the mask of time, which would give similar powers, and effectively leave the outcome unchanged. This machine is so important because it allows the power to be sealed within a being, so no warlord can steal it a few centuries from now and destroy the universe. It lowers the chance of unfortunate side effects down the road. If I gain that power I can make that power die with me my work is done."

Okay, you're getting closer to the point, but this just means she'll want to kill you and take the disks instead of destroying the machine, idiot.

"With this power we can save tens of thousands of lives, we can look ahead and see how this catastrophe ends, and prevent untold amounts of damage. The universe is burning and you're trying to make me feel guilty about trying to stop the fires? Think of the blood on your hands in that greaty city out there -" Knichou pointed dramatically out at a random cave wall "- if you prevent us from gaining this power to see what will happen, let alone those who have already been killed, disfigured, or driven from their homelands. I understand being wary of giving a mortal the powers of a god - I would not trust anyone else with that power either. But too much is at stake to not try to save what we can."

"You still have a choice. Leave now and you will be spared. But if you strike at us or that machine again, I cannot guarantee any mercy."

Edited by BULiK

Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OOC: mobile post
 
IC: Sidra - Tuyet's Lair
 
"You want to talk about fire? While you and all of your Toa friends were prancing about trying to find the disks, a League terrorist crashed an airship into Ta-Metru," Sidra spat.
 
"I was there. I tried to stop him. I failed, but at least I tried. Your Turaga had to blackmail us into keeping you Matoran safe while you chased power and glory, because the real heroes were apparently too busy to do their karzing jobs." 
 
She remembered Othorak's steadfast resolve, his cold certainty that his cause was right, and worth dying for... was that what Sidra herself was becoming in this moment? 
 
"Life is unpredictable. Life is unexpected. Life is unfair," Sidra spat, "If you go back and stop the League from beginning, you'll change millions of lives... and none at all. Someone else will inevitably step up to fill their place."
 
She kept her launcher levelled, but she was still holding back from charging up a spinner. For now. 
 
"And if you look forward, try to stop future catastrophes, you'll be denying that change. You'll be denying everyone their chance to make mistakes, to right wrongs, to survive or sacrifice, to fight or fall, to stand for something..."
 
There was no shine in her eyes as she spoke. Her pleas were earnest, devoid of hypnotic coercion. 
 
"...you would rob everyone of their ability to choose. What in the karz gives you that right?" 
  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Leonn - Po-Metru

As he glanced behind him, to see Rose had raised the revolver and stopped aiming at him, his speed quickened, moving towards Takadox at an increased speed.

Truthfully, he'd have probably embraced the warlord were it not for the fact the two Toa were still behind him, watching. He settled for taking his hand, and offering up a faux-confident grin that Takadox was probably used to at this point.

"Sea food?" He offered, other hand reaching for his shades only to realise that he had none. "We might need to collect some new frames, Tik-Tak."

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives

"Ah."

She was very much correct. The robot who'd seeked to help had caused more trouble than Thom had initially reckoned. He could attempt to use his Skakdi ability to jump out of cover and aim precisely, but it was likely that it would a one-way trip for the Skakdi if he tried that. Too many soldiers, and just him and Nale to protect himself.

He looked over Nale for a moment, realizing their isolation. 

"Actually...there's somethin' ah wanted to talk to ya about. Ya know, since we can't help ya mate from bein' beaten to a pulp." Something flickered in his eyes.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku

Edited by Dane

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Tuyet | Some desert we’ll see again on Monday.

A familiar sun-kissed plateau stretched out before Atamai in what appeared to be early afternoon judging by the single sun in the sky. An unfamiliar plateau stretched out before Tuyet. Concern spread on her face, then rage. She kicked a small pebble off the side of the cliff. It fell for a very long time. A nearby frilled lizard skittered under a larger boulder to hide from the toa standing in the desert wasteland. A soft and warm wind fluttered the needles on a plump and stocky cactus growing on the plateau’s edge. 

Atamai realized now on closer inspection Tuyet’s clothing had small tears in it, and little metal studs pushing out from the tears. They were dull, the same color as the leather, and so didn’t prove visible in the evening light of Metru-Nui. When Atamai spoke Tuyet whirled on him. He smelled roses, smoke, and vanilla.

“Nothing personal?” Tuyet spat, her eyes squinting in the sunshine at Atamai while her hand kept a vice grip on his wrist. Wherever Atamai jumped next, Tuyet followed. “Yeah this is so not what should be happening right now. Did you even think about where you were going? The matoran are dying and you want to go maroon me in a desert? That Dark Hunter is literally destroying our chance at fixing home. Your vibe sucks man. Sucks. Alexa? Alexa play…”

She paused, realizing what she was about to say wouldn’t work out here without reception.
 

IC: Pridak | Ko-Metru

Pridak’s command met Varxii’s betrayal as she turned her allegiance. He looked out at the toa of lightning in the distance joining forces with the new arrivals on the far side of the icty bridge between the knowledge towers and scowled. He thought for sure he’d kept her on a tighter leash. Letting her leave on Carapar’s errand to the islands South of Destral must have given her a chance to remember her sovereign identity. How foolish.

The rage buried behind Pridak’s smiles and wine glasses full of chocolate milk began to break through. Casting his hand outward he pulled upon the powers of his mask using the components of broken vehicles and vahki remains along the sides of the wide ice bridge. In his mind’s eye Pridak imagined the construction of a banded cage around the traveler’s form as he flitted about, and metal shackles on his arms and legs with heavy chains between them, and then he released the powers of the mask of creation to do their work...

 

IC: Takadox | Po-Metru

“Never change, Leo,” Takadox said with a cheeky, malevolent grin. “We’ll get shades at the resort. Hope you packed light ‘cause this’ll be a bumpy ride. So long girls. Get married though, hypnosis or no. You’re both too weird to say apart.” He waved his open hand in a dismissive gesture and his mask glowed brightly.

And then they were gone, nothing remaining of Takadox and Leonn except their footprints in the sand as the purple and orange sunset faded to a dark blue night sky.

 

OOC: Leo ‘n Tik-Tak riding off into the sunset before this game go boom.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC, Atamai: Some Desert we’ll See on Monday

My vibe sucks? You’re the one who pretended to be dead! You want to go back in time!”

Atamai stared down Tuyet. “If we did go back in time, how could you guarantee that there wouldn’t be drastic changes to the timeline? How could you guarantee that something else wouldn’t take the Barakki’s place? How could you guarantee that it wouldn’t cause a time paradox?!”

Edited by ~Xemnas~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Tuyet | Some Desert We'll See On Monday

"Pretended? Are you literally joking with me right now? How about I pop your heartlight out past your spine and watch you pretend to be dead," Tuyet countered. She groaned as Atamai rambled on about the concept of a time paradox. She heard enough the first time the Firespitter and then the ex-Ghost  blathered on about a time paradox. The fact they were right and wrong at the same time frustrated her to no end. Tuyet knew no manner of lying, conniving, or otherwise trying to trick her way out the situation would work with these three frigid justice ice pops. 

"Look buddy, we need six Great Disks of Time to make that machine work properly and I have five of them. Why do you think I told Dume to fuse his disks as soon as he got them? I've died twice and watched five worlds crumble and you are absolutely, positively, totally going to take me back where we just were, and I'm going to use that time machine, and we're going to get me back to the world that actually matters or we're all gonna die. Every single version of us is gonna die. Do you get it? You're already a fracking paradox."

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Ta-Metru

"Then lets not waste any time. Come on!" With that, Iradra began running full speed toward the iconic building in the distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Kalmah | Coliseum Parade Grounds

The barraki knew how users of the huna fought. In fact, up until about thirty seconds ago Kalmah used a huna as his primary mask. If he truly wanted he could simply go back to being invisible. But he didn’t. He'd learned many things after taking the island of Artakha. Some of those things he learned fighting the old man in a duel to the death. If he wanted to Kalmah knew he was perfectly capable of pulling out his secret tricks.

But not yet.

His chains formed an impenetrable sphere around himself as he spun them rapidly. Whatever attacked him would hit the chains first. He would tangle the toa of light and then, like a fisherman, drag her into his clutches.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taja | Ko-Metru

They landed safely, but Taja hardly had time to appreciate it. Pridak's army surrounded them, mostly alien beings with long limbs and cruel jaws, and all bristling with deadly weapons. The Toa of Sonics swallowed her fear and readied her disk launcher when a strange Toa suddenly sprang from the enemy's ranks before blasting several soldiers with lightning. "I'm on your side," she said.

Unexpected, but the day was already full of surprises, so Taja accepted it without much question. They were going to need all the help they could get.

At least this was a good chance to live up to the title of Toa. She figured she probably wouldn't ever get a better one. A handful of heroes standing against an army of bloodthirsty invaders... these were the stories she'd grown up reading. These were the legends that, even now, still echoed in the stars. If this was her destiny, well, it was a pretty epic one, all things considered. She'd never asked for it or even dreamed of it, but the stars had sent her down this path all the same, and she would walk it to the end.

Raising her launcher, Taja yelled a battle cry. The shout seemed to come from her very soul, and it started out as her voice but quickly turned into something louder and stronger and stranger, like the sound of a vast trumpet sounding from somewhere beyond the clouds. The blast of sound reverberated out from the Toa in a circle, the air itself shimmering like they were suddenly underwater, and the knowledge towers around them seemed to shiver in response.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra Daring - Po-Metru -

Skyra loved happy endings, truly Leonn and Tik-Tak were a great couple! Only...well they were also the bad guys so...yeah kind of mixed feelings there if she was completely honest...hmm was letting them go really the right call?

Skyra shrugged to herself, as long as they weren't in the way of liberating Metru-Nui then technically her and Rose had just taken care of two Warlords? Right? Right? 

Speaking of that hot Toa of fire, Skyra turned to Rose. "So, we basically took care of two warlords then yeah? Technically speaking." 

... 

"Now what?" 

@Tarn

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Tuyet's cave

"I do love being lectured on ethics by the woman who murdered a head of state so recently that the body's still warm," Knichou quipped, slowly walking around the circular machine. "Don't bother trying to give me a guilt trip that I wasn't protecting matoran when you murdered their leader in a time of crisis! All my life I've been inventing ways to make Matoran more independent and free, so they can defend themselves from the likes of your co-workers without needing to rely on Toa or Vahki!"

"You think I wanted this power?" Knichou gestured at his body, his voice continuing to raise alongside his frustration. "I never got involved in this mess to become a Toa or get a chance at time powers - I've been hunted and in constant danger nearly ever since I arrived on this karzing island because I wanted to make sure that this machine would only be used for the right reasons, even before I knew what exactly it did. So that the Turaga who led a police state that claims to be the only free place left due to a mismanaged war wouldn't be the only one deciding when and how to use this technological terror."

"You care so much about people getting a choice, right? What world are you living in? You think I chose to have my homeland burnt to the ground? To have my friends slain? To watch Nuparu get incinerated in front of my very eyes by another of the Shadowed One's pawns? You think any of them had a choice? What about all the Matoran dying out there right now from the army they didn't choose to have invade, or the ones who had no choice but to migrate here due to the war?"

"You're right about one thing - life is unfair. Is it fair that a couple of new Toa are the only ones with the knowledge and materials to unlock this power? Of course not! Is this what I predicted when I walked into Nuparu's office not long ago? Karz no! I'm doing what I can to protect my fellow Matoran in the here and now, with what knowledge and powers I have been cursed with. Countless Matoran have died, are dying, and would die to have this opportunity, and I can't walk away and let them all suffer out of the slight fear of making the war to end all wars any worse."

"You're acting as if I know what the path ahead is, what plan is the 'best' course of action. Nobody does - that's why this power is a necessary evil. And I'm willing to die for that chance to make the universe better, whether it be trying to gain that power, or to prevent the temptation of that power ever being used again. I'm not part of any of the warring parties - the only guild I was in exiled me long ago and is now all but destroyed. I'm open to fighting for whatever future is the best for the Matoran, not any kingdom, guild, or faction which will rise and fall in the lifespan of it's ruler."

Edited by BULiK

Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Tuyet's Lair

Meanwhile, after stashing the fivefold Great Disk in his pack, Okuo had moved to the crates of kanoka, rummaging through them to try and find some disk that would be useful in this situation. "Come on, give me something good."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuyet | Some Desert We'll See Again Monday

“Buddy, your world doesn’t matter.” Tuyet said flatly. “The time machine sitting in that cave does though and I need to use it to save our homes. Your world is a little version of what could have happened in a core reality if the core versions of us weren’t so dumb. I mean, like, what Toa says “I won’t kill” but carries around a fracking broadsword to supposedly use as a lava board? Or a fracking hatchet? Or, oh, I dunno, like a laser beam gun or something? I mean, who genuinely does that? That’s like your ex-Ghost friend back there walking around with his rifle and not expecting to use it. That’s so stupid. It’s not like you’re going to just shoot your enemies in the leg and call it a fracking day, right?”

Tuyet sighed, rubbed her free hand across her forehead as she tried to calm down, and then gave up. The stress got to her, the heat got to her, and she wished she could just chuck Atamai off the plateau, wipe her hands, and call it a day. No rest for the wicked and weary though.

“Look it’s been a long day and this afternoon I woke up from being dead for three days. Been reading a lot of newspapers. All I can say is if we’re not back in that room in like ten seconds for me to use the only object that exists in every possible timeline at the same time then I am playing the senior time traveling dimension jumping team mom card. Do you understand me?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Jutori - The Virgil

4 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Zaliyah - Le-Metru

IC Stannis | The Virgil

At the Wanderer's command the vahki piloting the Virgil slowed to a crawl to accommodate Jutori's gradual learning curve. He came around Jutori and took position beside him and imitating his stance, instantly recognizing the tension on his face as stress. "Feel, don't think," he instructed, taking the relatively peaceful moment to to coach the new toa on his powers. "Sense the ley-lines connecting the airships to the ground's pull... touch them with your mind, feel their flow as if they were tethers to buoys, the bobbing and tugging of the ships as they fight gravity to remain aloft. And then, connect yourself to them, the ley-lines—and realize you have the power to give them slack or take it away. A force of nature is at your command, all you have to do is touch it."

The effects were incremental at first, but Stannis possessed incredible patience and understanding. He helped Jutori control his breath and let go of the anxiety that held him back. In... out... in... out... And soon, sooner than Jutori thought himself capable of, the airships that stood guard peeled away and drifted upwards as their engines and levitation disks, previously balanced to be at a precise pre-programmed height, was suddenly overwhelming to the level of gravity exerted upon the hulls. The path was cleared but only for a moment; the autopilot programming was sure to swiftly realize the errors and compensate accordingly to return to their previous elevations.

"Vahki: Forward—now!" he ordered.

"This unit is designated BO-1337P," the vahki pilot corrected in its monotone, although it followed the toa's instruction just the same. 

The response gave Stannis pause for an instant. Kilo-M9 gave its designation with a similar sense of pride, and the Wanderer was not missing the irony of working alongside a vahki when he was chased doggedly by Rorzakh a mere 36 hours before. And yet, despite the change of the relationship's nature, any feeling of justified authority Stannis held over the Bordakh unit was diminished then. There was intelligence in that unit, just as there was in Kilo-M9, sufficient enough to speak for itself, and Stannis realized the pilot had actually accelerated the airship before he even gave the order. There was no reason not to trust in BO-1337P, he understood. 

Just as the airship propelled itself through the blockade, Stannis spied a small speck of energy shot from a position near one of the largest towers deep in the Metru. It arced close to the ground, seemingly purposeless, but nothing was purely an act of coincidence for Stannis. Everything had a reason or destiny behind it, no matter how small. Alarmed, but betraying nothing, he simply said, "Vashni... ready your speeder." The glowing projectile finally struck a building and flared briefly with brilliant energy, then vanished... but that was only the scout ahead of the chaos to come. BO-1337P required no instructions to speed more, throttling the Virgil as much as its thrill-seeking programming allowed. Even as their airship slipped by the ones Jutori had lifted away it was quickly getting crowded in again. Worse yet, the Wanderer's senses were shouting at him about the danger all around them, still unseen but utterly inevitable. 

It was a beacon, Stannis knew, and he quickly surmised what it heralded. The air to the portside of the Virgil shook with a great tremor as one of the hovering mines was detonated, buffeting the Virgil in the opposite direction like a sea vessel washed aside by some great wave. BO-1337P barely had time to compute that challenge before another mine blew up, this one on the starboard, and threw their ship back from whence it came. A myriad of sensors and lights barked at the occupants with angry alerts of errors and damage, none of which made any sense to the luddite old toa, but thankfully were exactly what the vahki was engineered to understand. BO-1337P was still entrenched in its cockpit dataport, managing the array of controls with an empirical stoicism and precision even Knichou was likely to admire, and adjusted the Virgil's course according to its needs, all while urging the now-ailing vessel ever forwards. 

Another set of airships blew up again, some closer than others, as the chain reaction of explosions began. Like a line of firecracker dominos, each explosion catalyzed the other, rocking the air currents with destructive concussions and throwing the hapless Virgil about like a toy duck in a pool even as the explosions happened more and more to the stern of the airship. 

"Current course is untenable," unit BO-1337P notified the rest, nary a hint of alarm in its voice, though it did raise its volume in an effort to speak over the cacophony of booms and bursts. "Collision with ground: Unavoidable." Even so, it still plied its programming to direct the airship as far into Le-Metru as it could and tried to compensate for every interference with its trajectory possible, even as the Virgil warbled and fishtailed to its eventual doom. 

Like the lightstone shot, Stannis knew even that crash landing was not without purpose, but without opportunity enough to program his Haonga with a lifesaving power all he could pray for was  Mata Nui's grace and favor from a different avenue.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Some Desert We’ll See Again On Monday

Atamai sighed. Things were getting a lot more complicated... why couldn’t things stay simple?

“Fine, I’ll take us back... but what will happen to us if you succeed?”

IC, Kohara: Coliseum

Kohara knew that getting near Kalmah’s chains was a bad idea, so she would have to find some way to stun him. 

She positioned herself in front of Kalmah but enough distance away so that she would avoid being snagged by his chains should he extend them, and used her power over light to make her armor flash a bright, blinding light. Hopefully such a display would cause the warlord to let his guard down for a moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm(?), Ga-Metru

The mirrored entity raised its hand; whether to block, attack, or summon forth more light, could not be discerned. Tekmo's shield bash knocked them aside, however. They crumpled to the ground, weakened by the stamina drain; the bright light diminished, their form tarnished.

"No... Mata Nui... demands..."

Oreius's ploy to eliminate the shadows in the area was successful. As the shadows shrank, a keening wail pierced the air, and slowly the shadow entity was forced into solid form once again. It too was kneeling out of fatigue. "Resourceful, that."

The Kra-Toa looked at Oreius. His expression was that of... not quite fear or sadness, only consigned acceptance. "I tried to protect him, keep him hidden away. Takadox never found him; nobody did." He looked away, at the befuddled Av-Toa. "I can feel it happening again. If he finds out all of this... what's left of his mind will be gone."

Again, the masks of the four divisions of Skorm began to glow, and each separated into yet two more forms. The mirrored being split into a singular mask haloed by shimmering light and a toa with only a void for a face. The mask floated serenely, with no mass save for itself; around it, a spectrum of colors faded around it as it floated around the rapidly growing group. The blank-faced toa only knelt, mindlessly repeating verbiage from no apparent source. "OBEY TAKADOX. HIS REIGN IS JUST. THE WILL OF MATA NUI IS THE WILL OF TAKADOX. THE ENEMIES OF THE LEAGUE OF SIX KINGDOMS ARE YOUR ENEMIES. YOU ARE SERVING THE WILL OF MATA NUI."

The shadowy entity split into an orb of blackness and a jumble of biomechanical parts inside a swirling vortex; deep inside the orb, the glimmers of a mask could faintly be seen. It moved to orbit the group opposite of the glowing mask. The vortex moved with a malign intelligence, quietly appraising each of the others present.

The Kra-Toa divided into yet two more toa, each bearing different shades. One, the darker of the two, managed to curl up into a sitting position, put up his hood, and stared down, as if meditating. The other groaned, looking at the beings the Av-Toa had split into.

From the Toa of Light, two other beings had emerged. One, clearly a toa, was completely gray, and from the way he was looking around, completely unaware of his surroundings. He shifted, appearing as a Vo-Toa. "Nynrah Matoran can make mistakes just as well as anyone else, right?" He shifted again, this time into what looked like a ba-matoran. "Real quick, in and out. You'll be fine."

The last being was a matoran. His coloring indicated he was a ba-matoran, but it shifted into that of a ta-matoran, then a fe-matoran as he breathed quickly and looked around. "Wha-what's happening? Where am I? Who are all of you?"

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui @Eyru

  • Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuyet | That Desert

“Nothing hopefully,” Tuyet said as Atamai agreed to take them back. “The best thing that could happen is the machine disappears from all timelines once I destroy it in the core timeline. Then you beat the barraki and then like you rebuild or something. Maybe get rid of the vahki. I always hated them and I always will. But even having to win a war on your own is better than doing nothing, leaving me here, and knowing you just killed off every fracking version of you that could possibly exist. Not a good vibe you know?”

She paused for a moment, thinking about the situation at hand. While going back to the core reality and destroying the time machine would definitely stop the paradoxes from falling further apart into unique timelines, she didn’t want to say what destroying the machine might also do: delete the paradoxes. 

“So, do I rate you five stars or something for this trip or should I do that once we’re back?”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Ko-Metru

Her shout had yet to finish echoing when Taja raised her launcher and fired a disk. A Takean suddenly found himself half-encased in ice, his limbs quickly going numb. The Toa of Sonics hoped that would hold him as she loaded another disk. Before she could fire, another soldier was upon her, broadsword raised to strike. With nothing else at hand, she braced her right arm with her left and caught the blow on her launcher. Sparks flew as she staggered under the assault, but the metal was undamaged and so was she.

If there was a moment to remember how she'd called forth a blast of sound in the airship, this was it. Pointing her left hand at her attacker, palm outstretched, the De-Toa looked inside to find that thrumming energy she'd felt earlier. It was easier this time, almost like tuning into a radio station. She felt the familiar vibrations begin to reverberate through her bones, and directed them out of her fingertips into the air. All this was accomplished in half a second; she had no time to choose the frequency or dial back the decibels, and the resulting blast of sound was so low that she felt it more than she heard it, and so powerful that it knocked her off balance. The Takean soldier received the worst of it: she was blown back and launched ten feet into the air before crashing back down to earth, knocking one of her comrades to the ground.

Taja took the opportunity to fire another disk. It was a weak shrinking disk: the unfortunate recipient shrank to half his size, almost cutting his own head off with a weapon that was suddenly bigger than he was. She felt like she was starting to get the hang of her new powers, but she still felt more comfortable with a disk launcher.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Great Temple 

HEKFFZE.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...