Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Mazor-Cortex

 "Irna," He called out. "I'm sorry, but this means a lot to me. Everything's going to work out."

IC:

"You ... you just handed over reality to this monster!" Irna screamed, only barely able to wrench her attention away from the lumbering ... the god that was coming towards her, mace raised high to strike. She wasn't ashamed to say: she was scared. She was terrified. She didn't want to die -- who did? Her veins felt like nothing but ice, but adrenaline.

Of course, that wasn't all that was happening in her body.

Some -- generally Matoran -- have claimed that the Zyglaki ability to secrete an oil from their skin which can eat through organic matter is clear evidence of their origins as bestial predators to be put down. Aberrations of the Great Spirit. But, in truth, the phenomenon is a simple defence mechanism. In the event that a Zyglak might be the prey of a larger beast -- say, a behemoth claiming to be god Himself -- the ability to melt flesh at a touch seems almost noble.

And, of course, Irna being pressed up right against a wall made of flesh meant that ... well....

The wall hissed and bubbled and steamed behind, the tendons and ligaments holding it together liquifying under her sustained contact, the pressure from Mata-Nui's elemental barrage pushing her deeper and deeper into the weakening meat of the structure -- and further and further away from the god Himself.

A little further, she thought, desperately. A little further.

OOC: @Smudge8 @Azibo @Unreliable Narrator: I'm not actually sure what happens if someone were to try and go through the organic wall of the Cortex. If my post doesn't work, I'm happy to edit it.

-Void

  • Like 4

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Ko-Metru

The rookie Toa followed Sans, fending off the occasional League soldier as they made their way towards Pridak. The supersized Turaga was absorbing the brunt of the League's attacks; Taja didn't know how long he could sustain his assault, but it was a lot of punishment for a Turaga, even one the size of a building. She scanned the surrounding buildings for long-range attackers, feeling fairly confident that Sans could take out anyone who foolishly wandered into melee range.

There— a soldier with some sort of energy gun was firing on the giant Turaga. Taja focused, drawing upon the well of energy that only minutes ago had seemed inaccessible. Now it felt hard to contain, like tapping into it might unleash something she couldn't control. Carefully, she drew a mental line from her fingertips to the Takean, tracing out a path for the sound to travel. Then, like Sans had taught her, she extended her own vibrations beyond herself, sending a high, keening bolt of sound out into the world that shrieked through the air and blasted the League soldier off his feet.

They were getting closer. The Toa of Sonics looked for another target and prepared to fire again.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Dume | Cortex Memories

“I’d imagine so,” Dume said approvingly, “but I’m not about to question my own identity. I know who I am. I’m real enough for my liking. You seem to be in quite the pickle though. If you can’t figure out how you got here, maybe you’ll have to retrace your steps?

Dume closed his eyes, nodding to himself while he thought. Eventually he opened his eyes again and clapped his hands together. Then he stood up, walked to Ostrox and waved his hand through the League soldier. Their bodies passed each other like two ghost ships in the night. Dume’s eyes lit with joy at his thought process having been correct. “I’ve got it! You don’t exist here. And I don’t exist wherever you are. We’re both illusions. You are in Metru-Nui. I am in Mata-Nui. Somehow, we’ve become connected. You were supposed to follow someone, and you got lost somewhere strange. To me it sounds like you got lost in a temple. The temples here are said to have worlds inside of them, and that time and space work in different ways deep in the temple’s secret chambers. Maybe Metru-Nui’s temples are similar? If that’s the case I’m sure you can retrace your steps and think your way home.”

As Dume said his last words the two stuck in a space between time heard a rumbling sound, a squishing sound, and the sound of something splattering as it was torn apart. Then Irna stumbled out of the green tropical grasses and bushes near the shore onto the sandy beach near Ostrox and Dume. Dume looked at Ostrox quizzically. 

“Friend of yours?

 

IC: Grell | Archives Onu-Metru

The falling stasis tube shattered Grell’s idea of maintaining cover. She threw herself outward from behind her hiding place, but the glass richoting from where the impact zone of the stasis tube crashed cut her legs and left bloody trails across the Archives floor. She winced and did her best to not look at what could only be several nasty and crooked gashes. Instead she reached into her zamor bag and pulled out the first thing her hands grasped: a green sphere of acid. She’d gotten it half off from a dealer back on Zakaz. Far as she was concerned the thing would actually do nothing, or it could release a spore plague that would infect all of Metru-Nui and lead to the League having to stay safe at home for two weeks after the war was won…

Eh, who cares, Toasters gotta get toasted, Grell thought, and loaded the sphere in her zamor as she kept hobbling away before turning around in plain view of Kilo and firing.

OOC: @pokemonlover360

IC: Vahki NU-8008S | Coliseum

“Apologies. They just jumped out the window.” Said vahk NU-8008s. NU-8009S nodded and then added; “We apologize for the delay. A cell should be available shortly.”

OOC: @Toru Nui, @Conway

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Jutori - The Virgil

6 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

IC: Jabali - The Virgil, crashing into Le-Metru

IC Stannis | Le-Metru, wreckage of the Virgil

The crash landing of the Virgil was only one of many catastrophes that happened at once and it was several long moments before the rubble finally stopped raining.

When the Virgil hit the ground it sliced through pylons and chutes like a knife through butter, creating a long channel of destruction that showed its gradual descent. Weakened structures and buildings of many sorts collapsed in its wake as their supports were suddenly swiped off, widening the swath and creating innumerable blockages to a pursuit on foot. And in the air, in the backdrop of the night skyline on the eve of apocalypse, the myriad of bomb-laden airships blew up, eerily illuminating the borders of Le-Metru with a fantastic display of explosion after explosion. From each of those airships fell debris that showered upon anyone unfortunate enough to remain on the edges of the district, but the shards of hundreds of airships fell a kio away inland as well, which the wreck of the Virgil was within. The rumbles of these detonated bombs carried everywhere like echoes of distant thunder, however, and the brilliant flashes of their detonations were visible across the Metru.

For a while, nothing moved. As she approached, Jabali spied no signs of life in or around the airship, which sat crumpled and battered beyond recognition and dark as the dead city around her. And then she detected motion, but not from the Virgil.

A swarm of merfolk were thronging towards the wreckage from deeper within Le-Metru, the vanguard of a vast army that so far had met limited resistance and mostly deserted streets, and were particularly gleeful about the prospect of finally meeting a foe they could fight. They flitted like shadows, scampering about clumsily on land yet with admirable stealth. Their warshouts gave their general presence away, however, and they were the stuff of nightmares for the Po-girl—an unsettling cacophony of garbled, static-like low shrieks they used to communicate on the Silver Sea's floor, and preferably remained there. And they were drawing closer... too close. 

...

Inside the Virgil was as much a disaster as the outside. Parts and storage had been tossed about, leaving everything a mess, and whole sections of the hull had been torn away. A few scattered dials and buttons still glowed on the dashes of the cockpit, all of warning of critical damages and unscheduled landing, etcetera. "Stannis?" Jutori asked the void, his experience in the crash somewhat helped by his gravity powers preventing any drama too drastic from happening to his body.

For a moment, nothing responded, until from the shadows those twin damnably pearly-grey eyes pierced the darkness and a familiar voice rumbled back, "I am here.

"Oh good. Vashni?"

"She ejected with her speeder before we hit the ground. Jabali, too. Unit BO-1337P, status report."

Slowly, the vahki gears whirred while it struggled to deliver a response. "... ... ... Toa Stannis... personnel runner CDP-82753 Virgil is currently resting at an—"

"Not the ship," Stannis cut it short. "You."

A pause. "This unit is operational but am unable to pilot personnel runner CDP-82753 Virgil in the current state of it and this unit."

"But you are still connected to the vahki hub, yes?"

"Yes."

Stannis grunted once as he moved at last, shrugging off a shell of stone he formed around his body to shield himself from the impactful landing, and the clumps of stone rattled to the floor gracelessly. Jutori could spy the august toa's silhouette, illuminated only by the dim light outside and the fading dashboard lights, as he moved across the cockpit to the Vahki's place and extricated Unit BO-1337P from its position. He muttered to himself as he did so, a mixture of curses and realizations, until he finally managed to unplug the vahki with some consternation. The sound of impending doom could be heard from without, and Stannis struggled to finish the task in time and hoped Jutori needed no direction on escaping.

By the time he managed to get out from the wreckage of the Virgil, the battered vahki with only one arm and staff left in tow, Jutori and Jabali had reunited and Vashni's speeder could be heard from a distance, but the arriving rush of merfolk were almost arrived, cutting the reunion short. From his many years fighting the Barraki and their forces, the Wanderer knew the nature of these beings, that they dwelled deep under the seas for the most part, universally wore rebreathers to be on land, and possessed sensitive eyes used to the relative darkness of the depths, knowledge the others were sure to not be aware of in full yet. In response to their arrival, however, Stannis turned to face the direction of the horde and methodically gave a familiar litany identical to one he gave before in Po-Metru. "May the Great Spirit Mata Nui grant me the power to use elemental Light, with the limitations and abilities applied as though Light were my own element. Amen."

Input: Accepted.

There they stood, the team of four, plus two-thirds of a Bordakh, against an army of eel men. Stannis raised his hands out high and waited for the moment to strike, waited for the merfolk to come from the shadows, waited to see the red of their eyes. And then, without warning, just when they were almost upon their position, he fought. Twin arcs of light brilliant as the suns erupted from his palms, overwhelming the dark-accustomed eyes of the eel men and eliciting crazed yelps of surprise. The force of the rays threw the ones closest to the Wanderer back as if they had been kicked by a Tahtorak, throwing their diminutive forms against chutes and buildings with a series of cracking sounds, and they fell, broken, to the floor. Stannis maintained the ray of power ahead, illuminating the way ahead with one hand while wielding his other hand to guard his sides, and powerfully ran ahead. On several occasions, one of Ehlek's troops attempted to emerge from the shadows to cut Stannis at his flanks, only to be mercilessly beat back with a blast of energy that seared their eyes shut and tossed them back. 

The aged toa, frail-looking as he was before in the Virgil's hold, seemed rife with vitality and eagerness to strike at the Barraki's army. For someone uneducated on Stannis' reputation it appeared almost unbecoming of a man so sage to relish in combat so, but thus was the duality of Stannis—he was at once both a high priest and warmage, patient jury and wrathful executioner, and this was what he had prepared for in the last ten thousand years. "Come now!" he beckoned to his companions, yelling above the noise of crackling light and growling merfolk. "The time to fight at long last upon us!

Distantly ahead, and yet tantalizingly close, loomed the tower Ehlek waited in.

@Snelly @Tarn @That Matoran with a Vahi

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Dume's Office)

"Ah, I see. Well, I'd like to make it clear that I have every intention of co-operating. I have information regarding that of the Dark Hunters, and the locations of safehouses they use within the city. Granted, with all that's going on, that's not really important, but it could become important later."

 

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

"Well, I wouldn't say 'friend', exactly." Ostrox sauntered over to Irna. "So, how have you been?"


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm(?), Ga-Metru

The blank-faced toa crumpled under the Bo-Toa's blow, but otherwise did not react; he continued to monotonously intone commands. The av-matoran's coloration shifted again as he shrank away fearfully from the violence. "What are you doing?"

The shapeshifting toa appeared as a vision of a hooded figure. "We have already warped his body. There's not much left of his mind, but we leave him in your tender care, Takadox." His form shifted once again, to that of Skorm himself. "War does that, sometimes. Kills the people you know. Look up to. Those you're supposed to protect... those that are supposed to protect you. You can only pray to the Great Spirit that somebody, somewhere sees the light."

The vortex slowed, turning into a smokelike cloud trailing inky blackness. It flowed around the three toa still upright, whispering. "It would be easy to end it now," it whispered to Tekmo. "Look at it; a few more hits would silence its pathetic mewling forever." Oreius heard different things. "You can sense his weakness, I can feel it. You can end this threat permanently, protect those you have sworn to. And you know that it requires only one stroke..." Indeed, Oreius's mask detected all the weak points he had seen in Skorm concentrated in the av-matoran; the fearful, confused matoran was the point that would cause Skorm the most pain. In Ardoku's ear it laughed. "None of it makes sense, yes; wouldn't it be easier to end it all? One blast could end this madness."

The silent, meditating Kra-Toa continued to do so, in seeming obliviousness to its surroundings. The light and dark masks, similarly, orbited the toa. The dark Kra-Toa, the one with the most awareness, tried to power through his weakness to crawl towards the av-matoran. "D... don't..." he managed to croak.

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui @Eyru

  • Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dume | Cortex Memories
"Dead? I should hope not. I'm very much alive." said Dume. He stared at the strange creature in a bit of shock, but of horror, and a whole lot of curiosity. "I'm Dume. Where did you come from? You didn't also show up from the green grasses via a 'meat maze' now did you? He," Dume nodded toward Ostrox, "says he got lost in a meat maze and suddenly arrived here. I've gotta say it's a lot to see two visions in one hour. Or are you the same vision… Maybe I should stop drinking."

IC: Vahki NU-8008S | Coliseum office
Waveahk's hint at secret intelligence on the locations of Dark Hunter safe houses made the vahki hive mind in the Coliseum, as busy as it was, explode with a flurry of rising and falling dot graphs. It plotted the likelihood of needing the information on safehouses based against the likelihood of everything ending with the Barraki overtaking Metru-Nui. It plotted another couple points of interest: its own likelihood for survival and how to best serve the matoran living under the new dictatorships of the Barraki in each Metru. 
The silver and purple vahki with the strange new staves glittered in the evening light as it gave an answer to Waveahk's suggestion: "Please provide this information. We will find a suitable room."
The orange and silver vahki companion to 8S, 9S, finished running a diagnostic of available office space in the Coliseum. 
"P46.636.84D is available." They chimed. 8S nodded and leaned a bit into Waveahk's personal space. 
"Please follow to P46.63.84D."
Waveahk learned the seemingly random string of numbers and letters stood for Private Government Floor 46, section 63, team room 84, table placement D. Seated in placements A, B, and C were three truly confused matoran. The vahki quickly ushered them from their locations, making the matoran pack their iStones and necessary documents in a hurry. Bobbleheads of akalini players covered the edge of desk A, twinkly lights and a small bar cart at B, and C's choice of music went against common decency policies for a workplace. But who cares the world was ending?
The vahki offered Waveahk a seat.
"Please inform of Dark Hunter Safehouses and Activities. More water soon."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

Dume? 

She knew that name from somewhere ... somewhere....

"I think so, I'm afraid," Irna admitted. "I was in this chamber ... the creature who resided there claimed that it his mind ... and I broke through one of the walls to escape."

She turned her head and looked out at the ocean.

"He said he was Mata-Nui," she said. "The Great Spirit."

-Void

  • Like 2

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (The Great Temple)

Tekmo stared down the thing that laid before him, praising the name of a murderous tyrant. Claiming his evil had been divinely sanctioned. He raised his shield again, preparing to strike the abomination again. He would not suffer such a creature in his presence... and yet, the idea of cutting down a being that didn't try to fight back, even one as strange and as contemptible as this one repulsed him. The Matoran that changed colour looked at him in fear.

He was no fool. He was aware of how his 'brothers' had ruthlessly killed even surrendering soldiers of the League. How they were driven more by deranged zealotry than the need to defend the innocent. Was mindless savagery, hatred and fear of the other, the obsession of victory at any cost, really the only path? How would such things make them any different from the enemy?

He didn't like the tone of the vortex's voice, nor its lack of regard for personal space. He lowered his shield, and spoke to the Matoran. "I'm sorry, I... I shouldn't have done that. Can you tell me your name?"

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Floor 46)

Sitting down at the table provided, Waveahk told the Vahki everything. The hits put out on Nuparu, Stannis, Knichou, Vhisola, Nidhiki and Dume. The other Dark Hunters he had encountered - Thom, Vyarik, 'Ghost' - and what he last saw of them. The locations of all the safehouses he knew, including the ones he had made use of in Onu-Metru and Po-Metru. How he had grown disgusted for the Hunters, and was willing to co-operate in whatever capacity he could.

...Korruhn. Who was he? Why was he so important? Why did he have to die? He wouldn't think about that right now, he wouldn't. He wouldn't. Korruhn. He wouldn't.

 

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

"Ah yes. Unpleasant fellow, isn't he?" Ostrox stared at the ocean as Irna did, before turning back to face her. "Where is Mazor?"


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Kohara: Coliseum

Seeing Zataka yank on one of Kalmah’s chains to throw him off balance, Kohara seized her opportunity. She quickly moved to position herself, and fired another laser blast at Kalmah’s chest. 

IC, Atamai: Cavern

Atamai looked down as Knichou suggested in order to avoid Sidra’s gaze. “I’ll let you take the reigns on explaining this,” he said to Tuyet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuyet | Dume's Mirror
Tuyet arrived back in the cavernous warehouse to rousing cheers from the little orange matoran. With her arrival they renewed their peltering with increased vigor.
"Stop it," she yelled and they all began a loud disappointed booing. "That's enough!"
Tuyet's minions fell silent. One dropped a tea kettle on the floor with a clang. Tuyet didn't know she possessed a tea kettle. When she first faced the Dark Hunter she'd noticed her species as well as her teleportation tactics. Now, as Sidra tried to get Tuyet's eye contact, the toa of water did anything but look at the Dark Hunter directly. She knew vaguely where the emerald armored mercenary stood on top of the time machine and that would be good enough for now. But Sidra didn't need her hypnosis to get an answer from Tuyet. The toa of water already planned on giving her an earful.
"Look Hunter, you're wrecking the vibe. I don't know who hurt you, but whatever happened only explains your problems. It doesn't excuse you coming into my warehouse and breaking something so fracking critical to our fabric of reality. You want me to explain? I'll explain very clearly: you don't actually matter. Nothing here matters except that machine. Not even me. All of it plausibly doesn't even exist. You are floating inside an absolutely massive machine designed for space travel and it ran out of power and died. Mata-Nui is your space ship.. Problem is, your god isn't real either. Everyone and everything that's happened or will happen in this universe is just a rippling reality paradox split from a core reality when someone used that machine in their core reality. In fact, this isn't even the only paradox. There's tons of them! We have to fix it and use it or every parallel paradox spinning away from the core reality will unravel just like this one is doing now. Every version of ourselves, yes there's many of you, will crumble and disappear including our core version. If the core reality crumbles, we all crumble." Tuyet said as she stepped away from Atamai. There would be no more games of teleport the toa today. While she thought about it Knichou would be getting a stern talking to later. "You've got a couple options, Hunter. One, you can get off that time machine and stop breaking our only way of staying alive because what you're doing is a huge, like really totally fracking huge, mistake. Or two, I break you and we get on with the show. It's a really simple system. But since you seem to think you're above everyone else here, I'll make it even easier: stop or I'll kill ya."
A barbed sword of an unknown glittering glass appeared in her right hand.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

Ostrox gave Irna a warm, patient smile, which was contrasted by how his eyes seemed to be glaring daggers at her. "Your friend. Undead, ex-Dark Hunter, unhealthy obsession with the Krom Sphere. Ringing any bells?"


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Tuyet's Grotto

"One thing I want to know." Okuo said, reappearing hovering on his board near Tuyet and his fellow two new toa. "How do you know all this? Where does any of this information come from?"

 

IC: Ardoku - Great Temple

Ardoku shook out of his perplexed daze, registering the words spoken to him. "Yeah, no, murder isn't really my style." 

He then walked over to the more aware of the two Kra-Toa who had appeared, the one who now desperately reached for the Av-Matoran, Ardoku realised, and knelt down. He reached down his one hand as if offering it, having sheathed his sword. "Please, let me help you."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Tuyet's Grotto

"... Right." Okuo descended back to the ground, getting off his hoverboard and picking it up, doing a familiar manoeuvre to shift it into its launcher form only to find it turning into a shield instead. "Well, that's new."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

"People change," was her response. She could tell she was getting to him. Thom had expected a fight, a climax to his crusade, satisfaction. Instead, he was now standing before an injured woman making no effort to repay him in kind, confidently facing down the barrel of his gun.

IC: Rose - Ko-Metru

Bah. Cold.

The district of ice was experiencing the same plague of the League as the others. The Ta-Toa walked up alongside Skyra, fiddling with her flamethrower. "What's our plan here? We drop a Knowledge Tower on the leader?"

IC: Jutori - Le-Metru (Virgil crash site)

The young Ba-Toa almost immediately broke into a sprint to follow Stannis, his sledgehammer at the ready. The Toa of Stone was like a beacon as they ran ahead--a beacon that warded off Ehlek's soldiers. The merfolk, eel men, whatever you wanted to call them, clearly didn't like the light. Occasionally, however, one would bring up the rear and try to attack those following Stannis, and would receive a sledgehammer to the face for their troubles.

  • Like 3

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives (The End)

"No!" He growled, in anger, not wanting to confront the truth in front of him. "Pick up ya gun, right now, or ah'll....ah'll...."

He trailed off, eyes falling away from the Toa.

Thom was breaking, that much was clear. He'd nearly died numerous times in the past week and the only thing keeping his blood flowing was the idea that eventually, eventually he'd meet Nale and fight her again.

But he'd constructed a rivalry that had never existed. He'd met Nale twice, and both times she was just doing her job. There was nothing personal, but he'd pretended there was, so he'd have something to look forward to.

Now there was nothing. No friends, no real family, and now no job. The world was ending and thanks to his delusions, he had nothing to cling onto whilst Metru-Nui burned.

"...ah'll..." Thom murmured, almost thoughtlessly. "...why couldn't ya have just played along, sweetheart?"

A dark, nihilistic urge began to creep up in the Skakdi's mind as he stared at his own gun, a hand slipping up to his face to remove the eyepatch.

Edited by Dane
  • Like 2

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

Nale pushed against the wall to straighten herself, having fallen into a slump. "Think very hard about what you're going to do next," she said, noticing the way Thom was looking at his gun, now realizing this Skakdi was in even worse shape than she thought. Truthfully, what did it matter? He had been trying to kill her. But Nale knew it wouldn't be right to just let him do...that. 

"The fact you keep hesitating says something."

@Dane

  • Like 1

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives (The End?)

"Ah'm...uh...right sorry about ruinin' your little finale here, Toa." Thom laughed quietly, with a nervous tinge mixed in with the sarcasm. He'd never thought before about what he was thinking about now, not even once. "Me...my...my name's Thom, by the by. Thom Arkkan." 

He looked like a nervous Skaklet, dropping his eyepatch and clutching his weapon with a grip weaker than Nale's stance. It would almost have been humorous, were it not for the circumstances. 

Thom breathed in, trying to psych up the energy to do what he intended.

Edited by Dane

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

She wasn't sure there was anything else she could do. At least she'd finally learned the Skakdi's real name after all that. Almost without thinking, Nale placed her hand on Thom's shoulder, trying to look him in the eyes. Maybe he'd drop his weapon, or ignore her and do the deed anyways.

"I'm sorry, Thom," was all she said.

It was his choice now, what happened next.

  • Like 1

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives

The weapon clattered to the ground, thankfully not discharging a shot. Thom stared at Nale, wordless. 

"...What do I do?" He asked, after a few moments. Nale would probably be able to discern that, in all likelyhood, Thom wasn't asking just her.

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Sidra - Tuyet's Lair

She blinked. She frowned. She started to open her mouth to speak, then swallowed the words to blink in confusion some more. 

None of that made sense. Mata Nui not being real wasn't particularly surprising. But the universe being a machine? Designed for... space travel? And that this whole reality was somehow an unimportant paradoxical mistake... that was insane... wasn't it?

"No." Sidra finally said, "That can't be- I'm real. We're all real. What we do matters," she jumped off the machine, jabbing an accusatory finger at Tuyet's chest, "Why should we believe you? Where's your proof? Or are we supposed to just take this on blind faith... like you Toa and the Great Spirit you've just said isn't real?" 

Her focus now was on discerning the truth in Tuyet's worldview-shattering revelations. Were the other Toa to decide to get back to fixing the machine, she wasn't going to try to stop them. Hopefully they were more interested in answers as well. Sidra needed to understand... after all, if none of this was real, if she was just some distorted mirror image of a real Sidra out there somewhere, did anything she said or did even matter? 

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

She opened her mouth to speak, then fell back against the wall into a slump, grabbing her knee. The adrenaline of the situation wore off and immediately Nale's body reminded her she was bleeding out. "Do something about...this...first..."

@Dane


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuyet | Mirror

Tuyet stared at the green finger jabbing at her. It carried with it Sidra’s confusion and adamant need to understand. She kept her eyes on that finger, not looking up. If she could keep her wits about her, maybe she didn’t have to use the sword. Tuyet spoke quietly after a long moment of silence. 

“Yeah no, you’re gonna have to take it on blind faith. Like, you know, when you go to sleep believing you’ll totally wake up in the morning because it’s been like that so far. Of course what you do matters. I mean like to you on a personal level. Your choices absolutely affect yourself and others. But the reality is also that all your meaningful choices are, basically, totally meaningless if this universe collapses. And I choose to keep this paradoxical cycle of time going, you know? Yeah, so, you choosing to believe I’m lying won’t stop me from doing what I need to do. If you choose to have this go, you know, the hard way then fine. But I’d prefer you getting with the saving the time continuum and all resulting paradoxes vibes and helping fix this machine.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Tuyet's cave

Knichou was simultaneously fascinated, shocked, and doubtful of Tuyet's claims. He continued the interrogation.

"How did you mess it all up? How did you create the paradox? What is the paradox causing this, and how can you fix it?"


Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Tuyet's Grotto

"Oh yeah, great, Tuyet, very convincing. I'm certain the assassin is convinced now." Okuo said, with vitriolic sarcasm dripping off every word he spoke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives

"Ah. ####." 

Nale had just saved his life. And...he didn't want her to die. Not like this. 

Thom hadn't brought any medical supplies along to Onu-Metru from the safehouse. He'd always sort of known it would be a one-way trip, even if he hadn't counted on the events of the day bringing him quite this low. 

"Oh. Not gonna lie to ya, sweetheart, ah might jus' be a genius." His face brightened, as he realized he had brought something. Reaching to his other holster, he pulled out a snubnose firework revolver that he'd taken from the safehouse, intending it as a backup weapon for the likely scenario that Nale wasn't on her own. Funny, that. 

Remembering roughly what he'd seen on some of the battlefields in his career, he kneeled down in front of Nale. 

"Sit still. Ah'm gonna have to go diggin' around in there. It'll hurt like karz, but ah can't be havin' that slug still in there." Thom explained, trying to be as calm as possible.

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Archives

"Been through...worse," Nale replied. This guy was no field medic, but what other choice did she have at the moment?

@Dane


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Tuyet's Lair

"Shut up!" She snarled at Okuo, as she backed away from Tuyet, her mind still reeling from the ramifications of what had been said.

She couldn't just take it on blind faith. She wasn't wired like that. She'd seen where blind faith had brought the universe - the casual racism of the Toa and Matoran, who thought themselves the Great Spirit's chosen race - the suicidal devotion of the League terrorist she had dueled only a few days past - the Toa Mangai killing Tuyet, though apparently that hadn't stuck - none of it had ended well.

And all of it, in some way or another, had brought them all here. 

It had to mean something. 

She wasn't nothing. 

"So you don't want to use the machine to change the past and destroy our present... you're using it to make sure this present has a future?" 

She couldn't fight all of these Toa at once. They were wise to her tactics and her element of surprise was long since gone. But perhaps she didn't need to destroy the machine, or stop it from being used. She just needed to make sure it was used for the right reason. 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Mata-Nui

"What the..." Mata-Nui was surprised His foe sank into the walls of the room, aided by His own attack.  Ingenious, but Mata-Nui would never admit it.  The silver bohrok quickly worked to fill the gap in the all while Mata-Nui ended His manipulation of the elements and tried his best to ignore the mild pain accumulating behind his eyes.  His chest, too, began to ache.  He could feel the flesh around hHs spear wound rotting, though its spread seemed stalled if not outright ended.  A mild price to pay, and Mata-Nui gladly accepted the cost of enduring the attack since it meant he now had what He wanted.

So the Great Spirit Avatar turned towards Mazor.  "Thank you... you..." What was his name again?  He would just avoid using proper nouns.  Mata-Nui walked back to the mighty chair, Krom Sphere in hand.  He sheathed His weapon and waved His now-free hand towards that patch in the wall, crumpling the metal Bohrok carcasses once more to allow an exit from the room.  "I'll close the way once you're free from this room.  You have done Me a great service.  I will not forget you; you have My eternal blessing.  Go now, and enjoy My restored world."  Mata-Nui held up the Krom Sphere and eyed it over, observing its shifting form.  The metal reflected the gloomy hues of Mata-Nui's grotesque form.  His three eyes looked to the artifact, then back at the table and to the chair.  His time had finally come.  Once this last intruder vacated the room, Mata-Nui was free to reclaim His rightful rule.

OOC: @Smudge8

 

IC: Sans, Ko-Metru

The Toa were starting to get a handle on their elemental powers.  Korruhn was warping combatants into his void, Taja was using both her Kanoka Launcher and her element to snipe foes from a distance, Leklo was... well, he wasn't dead, and in time he'd manifest plasma.  Sans understood; it was a rare element, and Sans had only ever met one Toa of plasma back in his prime, so it wasn't like there was a wealth of common knowledge to understand the intricacies of its application.  Sans wasn't worried, at least not about that.  He was worried about the orange Steltian brute who had taken a whack from Sans' staff and didn't immediately go down like all others had previously.  Instead, the brute grunted from the hit, then fired a blast from his own staff directly for the Turaga.  Quickly, Sans deployed a wall of water in front of himself, like a shield, and once the energy struck it, it dissipated throughout the floating pool.  Good thing, too, because sparks danced throughout the conjured water.  "That would've hurt," the Turaga thought.  Before the brute could blast again, Sans waved the pool as quickly as possible towards him.  Instead of forming some attack of force, Sans enveloped the Brute in the water.  This much focus was hard on the Turaga- he wasn't anywhere near as powerful as he once was as a Toa- and while he concentrated, he took more blasts from other warriors.  General blasts of energy, a rocket even, a spear plunged deep into his calf- Sans felt the pain with every hit he took, but after half a minute, the Steltian stopped struggling.  Dead, or just unconscious, Sans didn't care.  It was one down, a thousand more to go.

"We have to move faster!  Try and keep up!"  Sans hoped the Toa weren't so focused on their own survival that they stopped paying attention to him.  Sans stood up fully, and began to run forward!  His old legs still weren't the fastest, but given his size, the Toa would be able to match his speed if they sprinted for all their worth.  There was maybe half a kio left until Pridak met his match now.  As Sans ran, less attacks struck him, but the warriors he failed to squash were free to slash and strike his feet and legs.  While Sans skipped a step to shake some Takean off his heel, a Toa of Air dove straight into his chest.  Sans wasn't as graceful as he used to be, so he fell.  His forward momentum carried him forward still, but that also meant he fell on his face.  

Sans couldn't afford to linger on the pain.  As soon as he hit the ground, a dozen warriors rushed towards him, aiming to stab and slice his exposed hands and legs and sides and head.   Sans grit his teeth before rolling on his side, crushing a few more warriors in the process, not to mention revealing the warriors he crushed from his initial fall.  He chose to roll towards the middle of the battlefield because that's where the Toa of Air landed.  Before that fallen Toa could fly away again, Sans reached out and grabbed him with his free hand.  The Turaga tried to fend off League forces with his staff, challenging them to come closer and risk being battered, all while bringing the now-doomed Toa closer to his crouched body.  "Kids like you..." the old timer's eyes stared directly into the soul of the Le-Toa, who had abandoned all bravery and was now screaming from the pain of Sans' increasingly tight grasp, "should be burning in Karzahni!" 

Through the foggy chaos of the battle in Ko-Metru, the screams of this once-brave Le-Toa pierced the icy air.  Then the screams stopped, and Sans could be seen tossing a limp body in the air.  The Turaga's face betrayed no emotion, save pain.  He turned back towards his comrades, declaring, "We're about halfway there, come on, keep pushing!"  He saw the fear and exhaustion and shock on their faces, yet he also saw their determination.  They would not lose this battle, and Pridak would not escape with his life.  Sans rose again, enduring more blasts, dodging a few Kanoka, and ripping out a spear freshly embedded in his shoulder.  "If that's all you have, then I'll live forever, huhuhuhuhu!"  Sans shouted and hardened his heart and ran once more straight for Pridak, kicking and swatting any foes in his path.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Eyru @That Matoran with a Vahi

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 2

beaverdkc.jpg.058196aea1189a8be42d4020232ee8e0.jpg

Wait, this isn't dancing_lariska.gif..?   Six Kingdoms Rebirth: Sans Gaius Amaru Lrrthxx Kokaliga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru Archives

Thom was not a doctor, so as he slipped his fingers into the wound the Toa would feel quite a bit of pain. He gritted his Skakdi teeth as he felt around for the large bits of the metal slug, grunting as he finally managed to yank out the largest piece. Hand bloody, he chucked the metal piece of slug out, before digging his hand back into the wound again.

"...ya name. Ya never told me yours, either." He asked, glancing up to the Toa for a moment.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-The Cortex

Mazor let out a sigh of releaf as Irna vanished. Mata Nui waved and the barriear re-opened. Still overwhealmed and trying to process what had hapened, he simply nodded and went on his way.

  • Like 2

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Tuyet's Grotto

Okuo simply sneered at the dark hunter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Varxii - Ko-Metru

This was... very new to her.

Varxii had never been part of a Toa team before. She'd been the only Matoran on her island gifted with Toa power; for she knew not what reason, other than to defend the rest of them. Even if more of her fellows had been given that gift, Varxii knew she would likely have struck out on her own sooner rather than later; she'd never got on with her fellows, she'd always liked being the lone-wolf type. Aiding the League, it was true, she'd worked alongside others; but that had more been all aiding the common cause in their own way rather than being a dedicated team of anything.

She'd never felt in tune with others like this. As one of her fellow Toa dragged several Takeans into a black hole; as another blasted sound waves all around them; as the third chopped down League soldiers as if they were cheap training dummies; and as she hurled torrents of streaked lightning over their heads to keep at bay any other attackers who tried to slip through their defences...

Karz, she didn't even know her allies' names. But there was just something, must have been something, inbuilt in a Toa's biology that, when they came together, enabled even complete strangers to work so naturally with others, their powers all in concert together.

She rather found she liked it.

And then, of course, there was their giant Turaga ally, who was doing an incredibly good job of being a target. Varxii had to admit, she was surprised the old guy could take so much punishment and keep going; but that was exactly what he was doing. Not only that, but he was leading the charge, forcing the quartet of Toa to keep pace with his giant steps... which Varxii did, with grim determination. Anyone who got too close - allies excluded, of course - she blasted with lightning, sending several enemies reeling and twitching to the floor.

It felt so good to be on the right side once again.

"Pridak's not going to be easy to take," she warned her new allies as they made approach. Far be it from her to be pessimistic; but out of all of them, Varxii suspected that she was the only one to have tangled with Pridak in person. And since he'd basically turned her into a smear on the ground last time, not even Varxii's limitless confidence made her quite certain they could just charge the warlord with no plan and still do okay.

She had to speak loudly to be heard over the clash of various powers around her.

"He's got a warsuit; we need to crack that open before we can get a good shot at him." Maybe Sonics over there could do that? She wasn't sure; and, not being one for battle plans, didn't trust herself to assign roles. "Plus he's got a mask of creation, and he can do a lot with it. So watch out for that too."

She grabbed a Skakdi soldier who was getting too close, poured electricity straight out of her bare hands and into his shoulders. The Leaguer fell away, his body spasming with the raw power she'd flooded his muscles with. Stepping over him, she craned her neck to see how far the group still had left to go.

 

IC: Jabali - Le-Metru

Oh karz it, karz it, karz it--

That, on repeat, had been about the only thought in her head as the nightmarish vision had closed in on her; and so it was a great relief to Jabali when first one Toa, then the remaining two, appeared, making it out of the wreckage okay. The primary reason, of course, being that these were good people who deserved to live, and she wouldn't wish perishing in an airship crash upon anyone... although there was the somewhat more selfish relief, too, that she wasn't going to have to face an army of bloodthirsty eel-creatures alone with her very inadequate weapons.

Toa Stannis, of course, made the first move; hurling blinding light ahead of him, scattering Ehlek's people. The Po-Toa was a living legend in action, as far as Jabali was concerned; she couldn't hope to match what he was achieving as he drove his way ahead, sending merpeople reeling, clutching at their seared eyes... she didn't honestly believe that any Toa alive could, and she was but a Matoran.

But just the same?

She could and would do her part.

The Po-Matoran scampered in the famed hero's wake, her unwieldy weapons swinging awkwardly as she tried to keep them raised high enough that she wouldn't trip on them and land flat on her face. Stannis didn't seem as though he needed any help, if she were completely honest; still, whenever she caught enough of a gap in Stannis' offence to catch sight of the approaching eel-beings, she did her best to line up the Nuurakh staff and take a shot ahead of her. Whether she hit any opponents, she couldn't have said; if she had, they would be turning on their fellows as the command she'd programmed in overrode all other priorities in their heads, but it was impossible to see enough through Stannis' screen of light to know whether her shots were achieving anything or not.

Still, she moved as fast as her short legs would carry her, doing her best to keep up.

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 2

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Rek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Mata Nui)

"Your friend. Undead, ex-Dark Hunter, unhealthy obsession with the Krom Sphere. Ringing any bells?"

IC:

Something buzzed in Irna's brain -- a few words spoken, a touch on the shoulder....

"That was Mazor?" she said, furrowing her brow. "You must be mistaken, Ostrox. I'd only met him an hour ago."

-Void

  • Like 2

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Le-Metru -

It was time. Time for Vashni to do what Toa were truly meant to do. She would do her sworn duty to protect the Matoran of this city, even if it costed her her life. Vashni revved up her bike's engine, before flying forward past Stannis and the others. She drove her bike through a group of eel men before blasting them away with a telekinetic blast. She continued to drive on, intent on performing a similar attack on another group. 

.:This may be a bad time Stannis, but I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to tell you about this later. Kanohi had a vision and he shared it with me, it might be important, but I don't know what to make of it myself:. If anyone had a clue what the vision meant, if anything, Stannis would probably have a few ideas. 

@EmperorWhenua@That Matoran with a Vahi@Tarn

 

IC: Skyra Daring - Ko-metru -

"Sounds good to me." Dropping a tower on a bad guy sounded pretty epic. Of course this was assuming that said bad guy was standing exactly where they wanted him so they could push a tower on him but eh, details. 

Skyra lead the way forward, doing her best to ignore the cold as they marched further into the Metru. Skyra stopped suddenly, up ahead were a group of League Soldiers, most likely pillaging and doing...other bad stuff. Yep pretty baaaad stuff. 

Skyra fired her Cordak Blaster at them without hesitation. "Die ####ers!" 

 

 

  • Like 1


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuyet | Mirror

“Yeah that’s the dream Sis.” Tuyet said. Knichou’s questions went ignored. Tuyet could answer the specifics when the time came, but right now she needed to get the Dark Hunter on her side or on her sword. Tuyet could be many things, but generous wasn’t usually one of them. After getting back on the high horse of life, though, she was trying. 

She didn’t really like trying new things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Le-Metru

Now is an excellent time!” Stannis bellowed, whether in response to Vashni’s message or just from exhilaration of vanquishing the Barraki army was not clear to the psychic, but it did seem like coincidental timing to her. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...