Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Mazor-Boarding ship

As He sat down Mazor heard the Zyglek calling after him. The creature was getting a few weird looks, which Mazor empathized with. He found a spot with an empty seat and motioned for the Zyglek to join him. He'd introduce himself as soon as she sat down, saying something like "Sorry about that, my name's Mazor. Not many people bother to talk with me."


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

Karista's grin turned to a grimace. This socializing thing was harder than it looked. Back home, she had known everyone, and you didn't need disks or clearance or whatever to fit in. But she'd figure it out.

Hopefully before they figured her out.

 

IC: Morah - League Airship

As the other soldiers and mercenaries boarded, a bundle in one of the seats shifted, revealing itself to be another passenger who had slipped in. Blank fishy eyes peered through narrow eyeholes in a silver mask at the others, sizing up who she'd be fighting with on this mission. Her rebreather gurgled softly through the conversations going on around her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

The old toa had heard of the vahki but up until that moment had only witnessed them from afar. He did not like them already. He'd seen the changes made in the Matoran capital over the millennia, and it seemed every time he returned to Metru Nui it became more dystopian than the last time. These... machines twisted the Virtues he knew and loved into pure black and white, enforcing nothing more than intolerance and sheer obedience of the Virtues in the strictest sense. Nuparu must have hated creating them, he thought, after all the famed inventor was known for having a conscience. These things, however, had none, and in his vision they showed only as the colors they were—gunmetal and black and green eyes. These was nothing living in them. 

Stannis impassively stared the machines down. His steely gaze examined them with a coldness that could have won contests against anything living while he contemplated his options in the wake of this first contact. He wanted to challenge the vahki by telling them he had no 'work functions' in Metru Nui or anywhere for that matter and that he thought he would be a turaga thirty thousand years ago, thought he wisely slid his weapon away and shifted his body to demonstrate his compliance. The vahki, he understood, were the law on Metru Nui. Defying them would be futile and only result in imprisonment, and he still had a mission to do. 

"Arrest that Toa of Stone!" someone shouted to the Vahki, "He let one of the Dark Hunters get away!" 

Stannis recognized that voice as that of the Hunter in the alleyway, but he did not respond with words. Instead, still facing the vahki and not even looking around to seek the Hunter,, he raised his arm and pointed an accusatory finger directly at Vyarik, as if to simply say, Shut up. The threat did not need to be said to be understood. 

"Stand down, Rorzakh units," a toa said, pulling up beside Stannis, hand raised. "I can take care of this. I'll escort these two back to work duties, personally." 

"Yes I have urgent business to attend to -  but in order to access my airship and continue work I need to get back to Nuparu's body - I left my iStone there when I began pursuit of the Dark Hunter, and without it, I'm locked out of my airship controls," Knichou lied.

Nuparu, Stannis thought again. It was coming back together again; he did recognize the murdered matoran after all. It saddened him knowing Nuparu died, but there was no time to mourn. Something was still not right, and Stannis was resolved to escape the theatre on the street to see how it connected to the coming chaos. He waited to see how the vahki would respond to his calm, and was curious who the newcomer toa was and if she possessed any sway with the robotic guards. 

  • Like 1

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Escapement Profile

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rorzakh Response, Onu-Metru Streets


Two vahki had bright purple marks along their arms and head, signifying rank in their squads. These rorzakh were colloquially known as mothers, in charge of the daily operations and point communication with the public when operating outside a vahki charging hive. One rorzakh squad mother stepped forward to analyze Nale Vella. Scanning lights flickered behind its dead robotic visual receptors. After a brief pause it said in rapid matoran;


“Toa witness Nale Vella. You have clearance in this case. You do not have jurisdiction of this squad. You are to assist in returning witnesses to their work functions. Expect interrogation after work functions completed dependent on allegations.” 


The squad mother turned its attention toward where Stannis pointed. It barked an order in the unique dialect of the vahki and a rorzakh split from the pack to force its quadrupedal way into the crowd towards the source of the voice while saying, “surrender and report. Surrender and report.” 


Other members of the deployed two squads began dispersing witnesses and workers, poking resistant individuals with their staves to hurry the pace back to proper functionality. One vahki stood over the corpse of the broken maker. It showed no sign of care or interest in its creator’s death. If Knichou had any intentions of getting closer he would need luck on his side.

“Airships do not require iStones for piloting. iStones are not necessary for work functions. Personal property will be restored. Retrieve and be escorted by Toa Vella to work functions.” Then, to the general public, it said, “This street is to be cleaned and the worker disposed. Return to work functions. Submit to questions when approached. For peace and the law obedience is happiness.”


Perhaps luck was on his side after all.
 

OOC: I think I got everyone's posts in this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: posting my response before i conk out for the night 

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru streets (crime scene)

Jurisdiction my--

"Affirmative," she replied with a slight nod, playing along with the Vahki. Her good standing with Metru-Nui law enforcement was paying off.

She looked to Stannis. "Follow me so I can return you to your work function, troublemaker," she said and, shockingly, winked.

Edited by King of Kings
fixed some wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru

After considering his options for a few moments, Vyarik decided to stand his ground and continue the ruse. It was only one Vahki approaching him, he could destroy it easily enough if the situation turned sour. Besides, he was curious to discern just how sophisticated they really were. In particular, he was eager to test whether shrinking himself to Matoran size would hold up to close scrutiny from the machines. Knowing the limits of his disguise would be undoubtedly useful in future.

"Reporting," he stepped forward to meet the Vahki approaching him.

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | The Silver Sea

The airships hung over the water like dark clouds, their vast forms moving silently through the still morning air. Dawn had yet to break, but the sky was beginning to grow light, illuminating the shimmering waters that lapped far below. The silver sea extended unbroken in every direction to meet the horizon, save for the direction in which the airships flew. There, to the southeast, lay the silhouette of an island. 

Oreius lowered a pair of binoculars, revealing his typically grim expression. Their surprise assault would make the fighting no less brutal. If they were lucky, the enemy would break ranks and flee; the alternative was a drawn-out siege with no help from their airships. But a victory here could turn the tide of the war. It was a necessary risk.

Closing his eyes, the Toa quieted his thoughts and focused on the battle to come, his silence almost like a prayer.

OOC: Buffer post before the assault.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru, Protodermis Canal)

"How about we continue this riveting conversation after Stannis is dead, Knichou is captured and we get paid?"

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Near the canal)

"Ahright. Fine by me." 

Revolver back beneath his cloak, he grinned. "But you're doin' the huntin'."

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Undercity Streets

Well, that could have gone a lot worse. Of course the Vahki show up immediately after they can be any use, only to become another nuisance.

Apparently the new toa vouching for them helped ease vahki tensions more than Knichou's off-the-cuff bluff, and that meant that now Knichou had an escort of sorts. The trio began to walk back towards the crime scene. Once out of earshot of the vahki, Knichou started talking.

"As you might have suspected, this was no crime of passion or coincidence, this was an assassination. If we want to find out exactly why this happened I need to take a closer look at that body. I'm Knichou, an engineer. There's more to this situation but I can't talk about it now, I'll give you the full story somewhere less... public."

The group was now coming up on the plaza where Nuparu's smoking corpse lay under a Vahki waiting for a cleanup crew. Several matoran passing by on their way to work slowed down in awe of the sight. Customers of the local pizzeria at the end of the block couldn't stand to finish their meals after what they'd seen and heard. The one good thing about the vahki presence was that it kept any other curious citizens from getting too close to the body, but that was a double edged sword. They'd need to get permission from the Vahki before Knichou could search for 'his' iStone. Ideally, the toa would be able to keep the Vahki distracted enough that it wasn't peering over the matoran's shoulders the entire time.

"Alright Toa, can you two do the talking this time?" Knichou asked. The Fe-Matoran thought back to how the Po-Toa just stood silently during the entire almost-arrest. "Well, either of you, but probably you..." Knichou gestured to Nale. "... have more experience talking your way out of a Vahki problem.

Edited by BULiK
Whoops, left a quote in there I didn't need
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The Cartographer

Ko-Metru Hideaway

As he emerged from the dark, claustrophobic portal into the massive hollow center of the tower, The Cartographer gasped. He was utterly overwhelmed; he, nor any others from the Department had ever come across anything even remotely like this. The architecture, smooth and flowing, with a seeming endless loop of surface from the floors to the walls, evoked a wholly alien feeling, as though this forgotten corner of Ko-Metru was not merely that, but a planet all it's own. He reached into his pack, withdrawing a lightstone headlamp. It flickered to life, and he secured the fine Ga-Metruvian fabric straps taut around his masked head.

The lightstone, although the most powerful he could find at that size, was seemingly overwhelmed by the sheer size of the room. Tendrils of light grasped into the void, but could reach nothing beyond the center of the chamber, and the tree of ice that dominated it. Although apparently empty aside from the Cartographer, the chamber echoed amplified sounds from all around, turning the pitter-patter of water droplets into war drums, the scraping of feet into screeching violins. And then there were the carvings. Not a single inch of wall space was spared, and in fact, even the inner roof dome seemed to be completely covered in these strange runes; sharp, angular, almost violent in nature - and definitely unlike any known script in the recorded Matoran Universe. Even to a veteran explorer such as the Cartographer, any quick attempt to translate would be a literal and figurative stab in the dark.

With his curiosity temporarily sated, and his goal back in the forefront of his cortex, the Cartographer turned his attention to the middle of the chamber, the ice-tree, and the small, light-emitting hole in the center of the roof. He removed his pack again, and began withdrawing his kit: one length of Ga-Metruvian hand-woven climber's cord, one anchor, and a pair of ornately-carved climber's picks that he'd had made by his old friend, Nuparu, what seemed like years ago. With his pack resecured, his cord and anchor strapped to his chest, and picks in hand, he approached the tree. The Cartographer's hand ran along it's surface; and although this tree appeared, and definitely was carved, it had no evidence of tool marks. Something that deserved a second look, but not today.

His pick dug easily into the ice-bark of the carved tree, as did the other with a satisfying crunching-slicing sound. Pulling himself upward, his foot spikes found a home in the tree, and so carried on the cyclical climb. Aside from a few weak spots on thinner limbs as he ascended the tree, he found little other trouble. The Cartographer reached the highest limb, mere feet from the roof, and the strange hole. He pulled himself into the limb, and began to peer up into the hole as he stood up.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator I await you to make the next move.

  • Like 1

deathstranding_display_30.png

HUMANI GENERIS MACHINAS, OPERARI SIMUL, ET MORTUUS SOLUS

Six Kingdoms: The Cartographer BZPRPG: Korruhn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru, Protodermis Canal)

"Yes, feel free to just stand around being useless." Waveahk began to walk away from Thom, intending on continuing his search on foot through dark alleyways. He should have been still dripping yet, but his skin just seemed to absorb all the moisture.

Edited by Toru Nui

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru, Protodermis Canal)

"Yes, feel free to just stand around being useless." Waveahk began to walk away from Thom, intending on continuing his search on foot through dark alleyways. He should have been still dripping yet, but his skin just seemed to absorb all the moisture.

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Searching for Stannis and Knichou)

The Skakdi, in the mean time, scrambled up to a rooftop above Waveahk, nearly kicking off a few bricks in the process.

He shot the mutant a thumbs up from the high ground.

  • Like 1

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator, Ko-Metru Hideaway

From the cartographers perch on his icy branch he looked up into the room above and beheld a circular structure similar to the room he was in. A breeze from the outside blew against his face and the chill penetrated him despite his elemental aptitude. The wind hinted at another way out further up. A plinth was visible right at the edge of the bright glow from his lightstone headlamp.The smell of shellfish permeated the room. Scattered across the floor where bits of shell and the droppings of some unknown rahi as well as something vaguely resembling the inorganics of a matoran. 

With a brief investigation the Cartographer would note a slight concave dip to the floor, similar writing on the walls as the room below, and a door frozen in a thick sheet of ice hovering in the air thirty feet up. It spun slowly in the breeze. Investigating the plinth would reveal inscribed on its surface a short phrase;

“ In unity, wisdom.” 

Below this phrase had been recently carved  three sharp Towers inside a circle. Next to the graffiti were a sequence of numbers: 24 15 88 34 54.

 

OOC: Congratulations @Crimson Jester you have reached the first puzzle for the Ko-Metru great disc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Waveahk (Onu-Metru, Undercity Streets)

Either Waveahk didn't see Thom, or he ignored him, as he crept his way through the dark recesses of downtown Onu-Metru.

It did not take long for him to find what he was looking for. He saw from behind street corners Matoran dispersing from a central point. He went in the opposite direction, sticking to the shadows all the while, before coming across both his targets - Knichou and Stannis, along with a second Toa and a Vahki, looking over a corpse, with various other Matoran staring blankly like idiots, as if this was the first time they'd seen a dead body before.

Waveahk remained out of sight behind a dark corner. It was no good striking now, with so many hostiles and witnesses. He knew that he may be there a while.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Hello Leaguers, it's been too long. <3

IC: Reliable Narrator, Silver Sea

The Ripple was a modest cargo airship in the classic almond shape. Kanoka discs were used to make the structure float and fly. She had seen service delivering supplies from Xian to Metru-Nui before the vortixx chose the winning side. Now The Ripple served new masters with the League.

The Ripple traveled comfortably for the first half hour despite the airship’s speed. The weather was fair and the silver sea below was placid. The crew worked quickly and efficiently. Those aboard for the investigation and recovery mission passed the time chatting, watching the waves below and the rahi swimming in them, or looking over the mission briefing. They were South of Destral’s seagate already, and the last known coordinates placed the nynrah vessel further toward the uncharted waterways. No one had settled an island this far South, as far as the League’s cartographer’s were concerned. For those in the League, the Southern regions were a point of both fear and interest: with combined borders as large as the League of Six Kingdoms, what could possibly pose a threat after their liberation of Metru-Nui?

Cargo pulled against the ropes tying it down as The Ripple was knocked off course by a sudden impact, her speed decelerating rapidly. After a moment things seemed to stabilize and the pilot’s voice rang from speakers indiscernible the first time. The second repetition was understandable but made less sense for being so far South:

“We got company. Get to stations or hold on!”

Another bombardment broke through the transparent glass ceiling, sending sharp shards spraying into the hold. A rush of activity began as the minimal crew began following orders and preparing to raise the blast ceiling. Once closed, the lights along the rails of The Ripple glowed with an unnerving buzz. 

“There’s two of them. Not seeing a designation. Not responding.” The pilot pointed from his seat out at the airships flying toward The Ripple. They were foreign in make, with some weird netting around the exterior extending between each, and seemed almost buoyant. “We can’t let them flank us.”

Behind smashed crates the projectile released a plume of acidic vapors as it began melting into the protodermis floor of the hold. When investigated the projectile was a ball of mush, far too soft to have broken through the glass ceiling, and hollow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru streets (crime scene)

Nale looked to the Vahki, then back to Knichou, trying to ignore the mangled body of Nuparu.

"What do you expect me to do?" she whispered, kneeling in front of the Matoran so they were at eye level. "My plan was to get you two away from the scene, not do CSI on it."

She shrugged, and then added, "Alright. I'll distract this unit while you look for your iStone, or whatever it is you're looking for."

Nale glanced towards Stannis.

"Unless he's got any ideas."

Edited by King of Kings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Morah - League Airship

Morah's eyes began drifting from the assembled beings around her to the windows, the inviting sea glistening so far below her. How long had it been since she'd felt the ocean's embrace...

With the first shudder, she was on her feet, claws unsheathed, eyes looking for danger. As it turned out, it came to meet her in the form of something smashing through the ceiling, oozing and seeping into the floor. Looked like the contents of a Zamor to her, and that meant it wasn't going to play nice outside of its shell.

"Ahright ev'ryun', stand back 'less you don't need yer lungs," she bellowed, her voice clear yet muffled beneath the rebreather. Her mask glowed as she tried to telekinetically pull the acid blob from the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator, Silver Sea

Morah's telekinetic pull brought the projectile's sac into the air, revealing it was much larger than she thought on initial inspection since it had folded in on itself. It was brown and green, mottled with acid burns, semi-translucent, and big enough for a matoran. Something like webbing between the sac and the floor twisted and snapped as she pulled it away. The pool of acid continued to eat at the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ostrox (Silver Sea, The Ripple)

"Fascinating..." Ostrox observed from a safe distance. "...And also, very concerning."

Edited by Toru Nui

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

”I do not,” Stannis said in response. “But we go have to leave...” his voice trailed. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Escapement Profile

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Onu-Metru

I holstered my disk launcher. “Well, whether we like it or not someone deleted the information about this level, so that means that this is a good place to search for a Great Disk.” I looked down the dimly lit tunnel. “Don’t let the noises scare you though, Rahi get annoyed when they’re locked up.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Varxii - Silver Sea, League Airship

The impact jarred Varxii forward, almost pitching her over the railing she'd been leaning on and into the sea below; only a last second grab of the railing had saved her from spilling over it. Clutching tightly for all she was worth, the Vo-Toa cast around her for the source of the disturbance, and didn't take long to find it. She couldn't see, from here, how the others were reacting further inside the ship; but from her vantage point, she could see at least one other airship out there, over the sea. And, if the Captain's words were to be believed, it was very hostile and had a friend outside the immediate scope of her vision.

How near or far were they? No great judge of distances, Varxii squinted her light-orange eyes; but decided that if they were close enough to hit their transport, they were close enough to get hit in return.

There was no aim, no finesse. Still holding onto the ship's railing with one hand, Varxii simply thrust her other arm as far out past it as she could reach and spat a concentrated burst of lightning straight from her fist, towards the other airship that she could see.

Whether it was close enough to do any discernable harm was anyone's guess. But, Varxii felt, it was better to at least try and fight back, even if it did very little good, than simply sitting back and trusting to a pilot of unknown skills to get them out of this potential jam.

 

(OOC: For the record, I'm imagining Varxii's standing on the exposed balcony bit of the airship... you know, like where the Toa Metru were riding in WoS when they saw that Makuta was gone from the protodermis cage? If that's not appropriate, let me know and I'll change whatever I need to ^^)

Edited by Darth Jaller
  • Like 1

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vahki Response, Onu-Metru Streets

“State your identity. State your report.” said the rorzakh to Vyarik.  While speaking it attempted to poke dark hunter with its staff as if analyzing a specimen. The crowd parted to give them room to speak. “Why are you not engaged in work functions, mask maker? Why are you so far from work location during furnace hours?” The programming of the rorzakh had determined Vyarik was a matoran of Ta-Metru and was competing with the request to submit a trouble ticket for the incident.

Meanwhile, Knichou, Stannis, and Nale worked on their distraction plan. The rorzakh would buy the hook of a simple conversation, passively recording Nale’s distractions as it would any normal conversation and feeding it back to the nearest hive charging cluster station. It was there to protect the worker’s corpse and the city’s property, but Knichou was allowed to collect his belongings without retaliation.

 

OOC: Onu-Metru disc hunting gang, I'll get a post up either this evening or tomorrow once you've progressed further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Onu-Metru Archives - Level 7 -

From this point forward, Vashni kept her psionic powers on full alert, actively scanning all around them for any minds, Rahi or otherwise. The Toa did not wish for another surprise like that again. She decided to take the lead and marched ahead of the group, she was the only Toa there after all, her job was to keep them safe above all else. 
 

“The only noises I’m concerned about right now are the ones on the mental plane...” 

 


My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: mobile post

IC: Vyarik - Onu-Metru

"My name is Vyarik," he stammered, feigning the meekness and fear that was so often characteristic of Matoran.

"I'm not from Ta-Metru, I'm a visitor from Stelt. I was in this Metru for business when I witnessed the... incident," the best lies were those made entirely of truths.

"That Toa of Stone... I saw him with one of the Dark Hunters in the street back there," he pointed back to the side street where he and Stannis had fought, "They talked, and then the Toa walked away. He let the Dark Hunter go."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tallea - Onu-Metru - Archives

IC: "Nothing like a little adrenaline to get you up in the morning." The silvered helmet of the Matoran was sweeping back and forth, her X-ray vision activated and scanning the area for threats. "I suggest we head for the darkest spot on this floor. Anyone going to these lengths would make sure to keep the most interesting tidbits in the most unpleasant location."


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru streets (crime scene)

She sighed. "Go get your thing, I'll make small talk with the Vahki. But once you're done," she lowered her voice, "we are getting out of here."

She strolled over to the Rorzakh. "Anything else you'd like assistance with?"

IC: Jutori - Archives 

I followed behind, my eyes darting in all directions, anticipating another beast to appear out of the dark.

"If only they'd hidden it on a much...nicer level."

Edited by King of Kings
finally adding colors, trying a new format too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Onu-Metru (Spying on the targets at the crime scene)

Laid prone on the rooftops, Thom wasn't far from Waveahk's position. The metal stock pressed against his shoulder as he looked down upon the bunch grouped on the carcass that was once the chief engineer.

The Ko-Skakdi's uncovered eye glimmered again as he took note of the identities of the people seeming to take interest in his former hit. 

Overly vigilant Toa with the rifle. Almost regret not shooting her when I had the chance. The Po-Toa that charged past me and went after Vyarik. Hold on...

Behind the iron sights, Thom squinted.

Speak of Irnakk, there's Vyarik. Talking with one of the droids. Surprised the Po-Toa didn't beat him into a pulp, but he's got a thing going here, it looks like. 

And, last but not least.

The pipsqueak from before, with the lightstone rifle. Hold on...what's he looking at?

The Matoran appeared to be searching Nuparu's body. But...why? What was he looking for? 

Thom rolled his shoulders, keeping his visible eye locked on the Fe-Matoran.

OOC: hi everyone

Edited by Dane

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iona [Silver Sea Island Beach]

The purple-clad Toa flipped the stone over in her palm, her eyes darting across the smooth surface as if it would reveal some answer to the questions swimming around behind her Kanohi.

When you are ready... what does that even mean? Ready for what?

Unforunately, her concerns were going to have to be kept to herself for the time being, as Brutaka had already taken his leave. Iona raised her gaze to watch the gleaming titan walk off back towards the encampment, leaving her alone with a fancy stone and more questions than she started with. In her short time as a Toa, she was beginning to feel this was some sort of norm. Iona flicked the stone upward before catching it with the same hand, at least she didn't have anything against questions. Just unanswered ones.

* * *

[Metru Nui Airship]

For one ostensibly so in tune with the very force preventing everyone from floating around, Iona certainly had a rough time floating hundreds of bio in the air. Okay, maybe it was more of the disconcerting fact that there was nothing but empty, transluscent liquid protodermis beneath them for Mata Nui knows how deep.

Or even worse, it wasn't empty.

Regardless, after doing a final check on the squad of robotic enforcers that was attached to the strike force, Iona had done her best to stay well away from the edges of the airship's crewed area. Downside being, that was kinda lonely. There would be a fight. If they were lucky, it would be quick and painless. Lucky.

They hadn't been lucky yet. The League had fought to the bitter end for every last rock and blade of grass on these islands. Despite her attempts as self-imposed optimism, it was hard to keep the charade up, especially to herself. She was never that great at lying. Being alone just before a battle at this point was a sure fire way to just keep her mind racing. Eventually, her unwillingness to entertain such thoughts won out against a mild phobia, and Iona slipped down from the perch among the airship's mechanics where she had been flicking across diagnostic readouts on her tablet. Really had to find someone, or she was going to go mad.

The first person she ran across was another Toa, though not one who she particularly knew well. Or-something? Couldn't quite place his name, though he unmistakable. An orange and crimson fighter scarred from more battles than she could probably imagine, who definitely had lived multiple lifetimes as a Toa-hero before she even recieved her first Kanohi as a Matoran, let alone compared to how long she'd been a Toa herself. Or at least, that's what Iona thought as she approached, slightly weary about disturbing the fighter.

"Does it help? The meditation I mean. Anticipation is a Karz of a thing to deal with."

Why'd her mouth have to actively engage in self-sabotage?

OOC: heyru


Where to Iggy?

    ˹STAR WARS: INTERREGNUM˼   ˹EXO-FORCE˼   ˹BZPRPG˼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 9:22 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Mazor-Boarding ship

"Sorry about that, my name's Mazor. Not many people bother to talk with me."

OOC: @Smudge8 Hope you don't mind a minor timeskip. 

IC:

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mazor," she replied, bumping a clenched fist against her chest, giving him a small bow -- one comrade to another. "My name's Irna."

***

It had been a quiet trip. Not unremarkable -- it was hard for Irna not to remark on any little detail that popped out to her. The very idea that they were in the sky! A flying machine! She had never seen anything like, had never thought that anything could be greater than the boat that the League recruiters had loaded her onto as she had left her village behind. 

4 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Morah - League Airship

"Ahright ev'ryun', stand back 'less you don't need yer lungs."

But even an airship wasn't immune to war, it seemed.

Already on her feet at the sound of breaking glass, Irna gripped her spear with one hand, as her other pulled her half-cape over her mouth -- which would hopefully be enough to keep her breathing long enough to get rid of this ... thing.

-Void

Edited by Conway
finally figured out how to tag people

 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (Silver Sea, League Airship)

As the airship first rocked, Skorm almost lost his footing, but he held the railing as the ship righted itself. Wonderful. As he finished listening to the captain's report, Skorm quickly scanned the damage. The member of Ehlek's tribe was already on the contents of whatever hit the deck, and Varxii was headed for the rear of the ship. Skorm elected to follow her.

Outside, the rushing, cool night air sent a chill through Skorm's body. He was just in time to see the Vo-Toa blast a bolt of lightning into the darkness. "Well," Skorm muttered as he joined her in gripping the railing, "Now they know we have can throw lightning at them." He focused, bringing forth his command over Shadow. Narrowing his eyes, Skorm focused.

I am of the Light. I am of the Shadow. Darkness hides nothing from me.

Skorm peered out into the night, sensing the darkness and everything in it.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Undercity streets

The female toa knelt down to his level. That move was rude in polite conversation, but clearly she was trying to be discreet, as she began to whisper.
"What do you expect me to do? My plan was to get you two away from the scene, not do CSI on it."

Knichou was going to offer a reply but cut himself off - she had a point. He also knew he needed to put his pride aside; the more time they spent arguing here the more the window of opportunity closed on them.

The toa sighed. "Go get your thing, I'll make small talk with the Vahki. But once you're done," she lowered her voice, "we are getting out of here."

"That, I can agree with," the Fe-Matoran replied, as he began to walk towards the body. Hopefully the toa could grab enough of it's attention that Knichou recovering 'his' property wouldn't be noticed, at least long enough for them to make a run for it.

We just need to get to the docks and we're home free...

Knichou knelt down in front of the body, taking care to keep himself between the body and the Rorzakh at all times so it would have difficulty observing his actions. The stench was overwhelming. Immediately Knichou noticed something strange - Nuparu's left hand was gripped tightly shut as if to protect or hide something. Knichou opened the hand to find a strange, small crystal. When he picked it up, Knichou felt a strange tingling sensation. Of course! A Ko-Metruan memory crystal. While Knichou has never used one before in his line of work, he had read about how Ko-Metruan scholars would use them to transfer and store their knowledge. Nuparu must have taken it out of his pocket in his last moments, but couldn't tell Knichou about it until it was too late.

Knichou would have to investigate the crystal later, as he quickly patted down the bloody robes to find where Nuparu's iStone was. After reaching into his robe's pockets to pick up the device, Knichou the crystal into his backpack and began to walk away from the scene, assuming the two toa would follow. The elevator to the airship docks was just down the road and that was Knichou's ticket to freedom.

Knichou still held the iStone, and while walking to the elevator he made sure to power it off. The last thing he needed was to get hunted down by any trackers that might be installed in the iStone of Metru Nui's chief engineer.

Edited by BULiK
Wording
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru streets (leaving crime scene)

She noticed Knichou start to walk away out of the corner of her eye.

"Nevermindeverythingseemsfinerightnowactually--keep up the good work," she spat out with a quick salute, then turned on her heel and power walked up behind the Matoran, motioning for Stannis to follow. "Come on, old man," she said once they were out of earshot of the Vahki. "You've not talked much this whole time. When we get out of here, I'd like to have a chat."

She looked down at Knichou. "Find what you were after?"

Edited by King of Kings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Morah - League Airship

"Well..." That wasn't quite what she expected. Not the contents, but the container. So... what was inside?

Morah carefully approached the boxes to inspect the acid burn, claws ready in case it was more than acid...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Onu-Metru, Undercity streets

"Find what you were after?"

Well, the toa had caught up to him. Good. He might need the escort, in case the Vahki knew what he was doing. They weren't out of danger yet.

"I think so, but I'll have to check once I get back to my airship," Knichou replied, focused on manipulating the iStone. It looked like he was opening a panel on the side, or something.

"My airship is docked a few levels above, we just need to take the chute there and we'll be able to get out of here. I'll explain what I know once we're in the clouds."

After a few moments of tinkering, Knichou pulled out an iStone component and discreetly put that in his backpack, keeping the iStone in hand. The group continued to walk towards the transport hub where chutes led up to the docking towers. Almost there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Silver Sea, The Ripple

As the basts rocked the ship Mazor jumped into action. He ran up to the deck and got set up. He loaded a high power freeze disk into his launcher, looked through the scope, and began scanning the ships for any openings he could disable such as gun emplacements, exposed machinery, or troops on open decks.


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Onu-Metru

"Come on, old man," [Nale] said once they were out of earshot of the Vahki. "You've not talked much this whole time. When we get out of here, I'd like to have a chat."

"Sure, Sister, though in my experience almost everybody wants to talk with me at some pointI need to go to the Archives, but it seems the fastest way to get there is to go up. Mata Nui oft works in mysterious ways," Stannis said with a mild shrug.

He gave Nale a hard look with his grey eyes. She radiated blue in the final moments of his mask's programmed vision power, one of the reasons he trusted her enough to be in her company, but there was another reason obscured by the impenetrable silver of his eyes. "Should I recognize you?" he asked finally. 


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Escapement Profile

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | The Silver Sea

"Does it help? The meditation I mean. Anticipation is a Karz of a thing to deal with."

Oreius opened his eyes. He had seen this Toa before, though he didn't know her name. Not surprising—he could probably count the names he knew on one hand. His allies were allies regardless of how close they were. All he needed to know was that they served the Great Spirit and were willing to fight. 

She stood a little taller than him, wearing bulky purple-black armour and a nervous expression that she was doing her best to hide. She was young. Inexperienced.

"It can help," he replied. "And it can hinder. It's a tool, nothing more. It will amplify the thoughts you choose to focus on."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Onu-Metru (near airship dock)

She gave the Toa an odd look, then smirked.
"Not unless we met in another life," she said. "If you believe in stuff like that, I guess. I've been around the block but you..." she paused, and looked into Stannis' eyes like she was searching for something, "...you look like you've been around before the block, if that makes sense. But I would think I'd recognize a ghost story when I see one, Toa Stannis. I've lived in Metru-Nui long enough to hear about you."

She decided to save her questions about the other suspect, the one she'd seen him fighting, for the comfort of the airship--now seemed like as good a time as any to get to know this man a little.

"I'm Nale," she continued, "Nale Vella. Have I been too familiar with you? Normally people find me...cold, I suppose."

While she waited for the Toa of Stone to respond, she looked back to Knichou. "Got it. Will be nice to get away from all these crowds."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...