The SCP Foundation

Master Inika

Hey, anybody else on here a fan of the SCP Foundation universe? For those of you who don't know:

The SCP Foundation is a collaborative fictional horror universe. The organization is dedicated to cataloguing and containing any object, entity, or concept that is "anomalous", that is, that defies the understood laws of reality. SCP stands for Secure, Contain, Protect, the Foundation's stated purpose. Some SCPs are basically harmless, but some are dangerous godlike forces that could destroy human civilization if left unchecked.

This story really seemed to grow out of the kind of horror atmosphere of creepypastas, only, you know, good. I think the entire story started with one post on a Reddit horror writing thread, and now there's a whole website with thousands of SCPs. It can be overwhelming at first. There's no real starting point; I'd recommend just checking out a few random articles, and you'll catch on to the overarching concepts pretty quickly.

I'm interested to hear anyone else's thoughts on the SCP Foundation.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I've known about it for a while, but I've never felt like digging into it; I mean it sounds interesting and I've been tempted to click on some youtube videos about SCPs that I get suggested (I mostly listen to creepypastas instead of reading them), but I've never taken the leap. 

That being said, SCP-1471 seriously creeps me the Karzahni out.  :mellow:

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg