Sǝıɹǝs ǝɹnʇuǝʌpɐ &#6

-Absorba-

Well, that comic was awesome.IMAGINE THATNo but yeah but it was super interesting and junk.And the Comic Without X (as per usual) are completely out of context and hilarious because of it.Earl Grey AWAAAAAAAY

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
All you need is a soundtrack. You are excellent at character development. What inspired you to do this story?
A couple of things, actually. I was getting into the epic-long-history genre a few years ago, and I started reading things that were more 3-dimensional (I still love seeing something mindlessly entertaining, though. Scott Pilgrim! :biggrin:). I reread a lot of Generic Quest and in terms of outside BZpower, I finished the Fullmetal Alchemist series in its entirety.Those things are deep, yet awesome. The character of Kary is actually an allusion to Envy. In fact, you could say the the Hunters and Lord Valor are sort of the Homonculi, what with their regenerative abilities and whatnot. Edited by -Absorba-

Ya, I'm starting to like how more and more authors these days are paying more attention to character development rather than sticking with the default. The idiotic obsessive guy, with the normal guy. gah! Drives me nuts sometimes...not always but sometimes.
To me, this is the step in the right direction. Nothing is wrong with simplicity, but it's time for the original fans of Bionicle (and in turn, the members of this site) to grow up. I try my best to use humor for more clever reasons, such as amusement or subtle cleverness, not just bat-#### insanity. Randomness is nice, but it has its limits before it becomes annoying. I try to be more natural and something you'd hear in everyday life (I think the best example for this is Star Trek IV).I try making my characters also distinct, because let's just face it, my characters are pretty formulaic. When I started, I was pretty bad at this and ended up making generic people: Absorba is the normal guy, Leka is angry, Flammee is the lovable moron. They technically are still like this at heart, but I'm trying hard to change that and turn them into 3-dimensional characters.The only thing I haven't done for these guys are explicit backstories. Except Snipe. I plan on getting to that later. :D

The only thing I haven't done for these guys are explicit backstories. Except Snipe.I plan on getting to that later. :biggrin:
Now this. THIS. This is what I am now looking forward to most.Yes. Do this. That is all. :D

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Oh good! I would agree that character development is closely related to real life situations. Plus readers enjoy it more. And you will find it easier to build your story, cause its like them speak for themselves. Of course, that's if you really done a good job at making your characters.

Hmm... I may have missed something, but what happened to Iciline? I've only seen 3 of the Hunters recently.
Yeah, that was a bit of hand waved, but basically, that BFG thing Xaron used pretty much tore Iciline apart and incapacitated him, xo now, he's essentially comatose right now. I was actually going to talk about this in the next comic. Just a preview....It's only going to have the Hunters returning to their "home."

Well, I just read the entire Part 1 of the serious story arc. To summarize my opinion of it, it was great.Specifically, I liked how the story was multilayered and everyone had a motive. The fights were cool, though the regeneration constantly happening dampened it in my opinion. It did keep things challenging, though.I've never seen Fullmetal Alchemist, but it seems you picked a good inspiration. Even the villains have unique personalities, a very rare trait among their kind.The portal business near the end was a bit confusing.Graphics-wise, you were keeping it simple, but competent. Able to display everything that was going on.I'll be reading more of this, great work!

Pk57sNJ.jpg