• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Sǝıɹǝs ǝɹnʇuǝʌpɐ 

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#241 Offline Madame D. Judgement

Madame D. Judgement
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 722 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 05:50 AM

Well, that comic was awesome.IMAGINE THATNo but yeah but it was super interesting and junk.And the Comic Without X (as per usual) are completely out of context and hilarious because of it.Earl Grey AWAAAAAAAY

#242 Offline Chath

Chath
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,660 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2012 - 07:50 PM

That comic was epic. I mean, everything just went BOOM. And it begins.Also, I really enjoy the Comics Without X. He looks downright crazy.

revolt_banner.png

Part Seven is now up.

(Mar. 25th)

Love. An emotion. Something more? Between two, or possibly more, individuals. Are we to judge who loves whom? Let people love who they wish, let them live happily together. Is that not civil? Let people love. It's a new age. It's time to accept everyone for who they are.

#243 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,288 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 27 2012 - 04:42 PM

All you need is a soundtrack. You are excellent at character development. What inspired you to do this story?

I'm a Photographer - Graphic Designer - Artists

In other words. I'm hipster.

spy_quote.png

...and I think I can write too...

#244 Offline -Absorba-

-Absorba-
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2012 - 06:23 PM

All you need is a soundtrack. You are excellent at character development. What inspired you to do this story?

A couple of things, actually. I was getting into the epic-long-history genre a few years ago, and I started reading things that were more 3-dimensional (I still love seeing something mindlessly entertaining, though. Scott Pilgrim! :biggrin:). I reread a lot of Generic Quest and in terms of outside BZpower, I finished the Fullmetal Alchemist series in its entirety.Those things are deep, yet awesome. The character of Kary is actually an allusion to Envy. In fact, you could say the the Hunters and Lord Valor are sort of the Homonculi, what with their regenerative abilities and whatnot.

Edited by -Absorba-, Oct 27 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#245 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,288 posts

Posted Oct 27 2012 - 07:56 PM

Ya, I'm starting to like how more and more authors these days are paying more attention to character development rather than sticking with the default. The idiotic obsessive guy, with the normal guy. gah! Drives me nuts sometimes...not always but sometimes.

spy_quote.png

#246 Offline -Absorba-

-Absorba-
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 27 2012 - 11:47 PM

Ya, I'm starting to like how more and more authors these days are paying more attention to character development rather than sticking with the default. The idiotic obsessive guy, with the normal guy. gah! Drives me nuts sometimes...not always but sometimes.

To me, this is the step in the right direction. Nothing is wrong with simplicity, but it's time for the original fans of Bionicle (and in turn, the members of this site) to grow up. I try my best to use humor for more clever reasons, such as amusement or subtle cleverness, not just bat-#### insanity. Randomness is nice, but it has its limits before it becomes annoying. I try to be more natural and something you'd hear in everyday life (I think the best example for this is Star Trek IV).I try making my characters also distinct, because let's just face it, my characters are pretty formulaic. When I started, I was pretty bad at this and ended up making generic people: Absorba is the normal guy, Leka is angry, Flammee is the lovable moron. They technically are still like this at heart, but I'm trying hard to change that and turn them into 3-dimensional characters.The only thing I haven't done for these guys are explicit backstories. Except Snipe. I plan on getting to that later. :D

#247 Offline Chath

Chath
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,660 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 12:18 AM

Ooh, I love backstories.It really, you know, gives a backstory.

revolt_banner.png

Part Seven is now up.

(Mar. 25th)

Love. An emotion. Something more? Between two, or possibly more, individuals. Are we to judge who loves whom? Let people love who they wish, let them live happily together. Is that not civil? Let people love. It's a new age. It's time to accept everyone for who they are.

#248 Offline Madame D. Judgement

Madame D. Judgement
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 722 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 10:12 AM

The only thing I haven't done for these guys are explicit backstories. Except Snipe.I plan on getting to that later. :biggrin:

Now this. THIS. This is what I am now looking forward to most.Yes. Do this. That is all. :D

#249 Offline DoctorCouch

DoctorCouch
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 614 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hmm... I may have missed something, but what happened to Iciline? I've only seen 3 of the Hunters recently.

Honk!

#250 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,288 posts

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 12:31 PM

Oh good! I would agree that character development is closely related to real life situations. Plus readers enjoy it more. And you will find it easier to build your story, cause its like them speak for themselves. Of course, that's if you really done a good job at making your characters.

spy_quote.png

#251 Offline -Absorba-

-Absorba-
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hmm... I may have missed something, but what happened to Iciline? I've only seen 3 of the Hunters recently.

Yeah, that was a bit of hand waved, but basically, that BFG thing Xaron used pretty much tore Iciline apart and incapacitated him, xo now, he's essentially comatose right now. I was actually going to talk about this in the next comic. Just a preview....It's only going to have the Hunters returning to their "home."

#252 Offline -Absorba-

-Absorba-
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 09:49 PM

Posted ImageEnjoy?

#253 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hmm...did I ever send you my RZ kit?

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#254 Offline -Absorba-

-Absorba-
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 03 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hmm...did I ever send you my RZ kit?

Yes you did, actually.But apparently, you're going through another design change. Should we stick to Rah and Laoh or the new you?

#255 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 03 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ah man, I have no idea right now...once I get on my laptop we can figure things out.

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#256 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,288 posts

Posted Nov 03 2012 - 02:29 PM

Now THAT, is the shortest murder weapon, I've ever seen.

spy_quote.png

#257 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 01:25 AM

Well, I just read the entire Part 1 of the serious story arc. To summarize my opinion of it, it was great.Specifically, I liked how the story was multilayered and everyone had a motive. The fights were cool, though the regeneration constantly happening dampened it in my opinion. It did keep things challenging, though.I've never seen Fullmetal Alchemist, but it seems you picked a good inspiration. Even the villains have unique personalities, a very rare trait among their kind.The portal business near the end was a bit confusing.Graphics-wise, you were keeping it simple, but competent. Able to display everything that was going on.I'll be reading more of this, great work!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users