How did the Toa Inika/Nuva arrived at Voya Nui?

I never read the books, so sorry if this was already answered.

In 2006, the Toa Nuva arrived at Voya Nui via Toa Canisters that were launched from Metru Nui, and the Toa Inika arrived there as well via Toa Canisters that departed from Karzahni. However, as we now know, Voya Nui was outside of the robot at the time, and the canisters would have to somehow exit the robot to arrive at their intended destination. 

Was there a special path that led to the robot's exterior on Voya Nui and Metru Nui? I just don't get it.

I don't think it was ever specified, but clearly Toa canisters can be fired from within the robot to outside it, as that's what happened with the Toa Mata's original canisters. I assumed that there are ports on the outside of the robot that canisters can be released from (in case Toa need to address an issue affecting the outside of the robot).

Also, I believe the Inika canisters began their journey by boring their way through the ground - so it might not have been an entirely pre-made path.

Edited by TuragaNuva
  • Upvote 1

sigbanner.gif

• 1 month later...

I agree, this is something that has tripped me up multiple times when I retell the story. I like the boring through the ground description, although I wish that a better explanation had been presented by LEGO. The Piraka's journey makes sense at least (as they stole the Toa Mata's canisters).

Oh well.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

39 minutes ago, fabSheers said:

this is something that has tripped me up multiple times when I retell the story

The geography of the GSR is literally the most confusing thing about Bionicle. Someone should make a cross-sectioned map of it (though I pity the poor soul who would do all that work lol)

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

11 minutes ago, MoarBotar said:

The geography of the GSR is literally the most confusing thing about Bionicle. Someone should make a cross-sectioned map of it (though I pity the poor soul who would do all that work lol)

That's where I want my tax money going! But honestly, we as the community should work to try and remove a lot of the confusion.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

• 2 weeks later...