Your Latest Bionicle Purchase?

Xboxtravis

Just curious, when was the last time you bought anything Bionicle related; be it a set or collectibles? Just kind of curious to see how often other people are buying new stuff.

For example today I got a package from Bricklink containing a few parts. A new white Akaku for my 2001 Kopaka, the original from his set has a few scratches and scuff marks; the 2004 Disk of Time (always wanted one of those) an orange Ruru (bringing my collection up to three Rurus, so I have one for display and two in case I ever rebuild the Manas set), a light blue Noble Rau and tan (brick yellow) Noble Komau for my G2 style mocs of G1 characters (beats stealing a mask from the original 2001 set); and finally two complete (but used) sets; 2015 Skull Basher and Skull Slicer. Meaning that now Skull Scorpio is the only retail (as in excluding polybag promotions and rare convention/inside tour masks) set from 2015 I have yet to purchase. 

So... in short; what have you all been buying of late?  

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Do books count? About 2 years ago, I made the mistake of watching a bunch of trending 'minimalism' videos and got rid of a ton of books, keeping the Bionicle Chronicles and Adventures, but getting rid of Legends, and all the guidebooks I'd accumulated. I also at some point had all those red-covered comic books, although I never really got into them. Then, about 4 months ago, because I can't stick with decisions, I ended up re-buying all the Bionicle Legends books again on ebay, along with a little Hahli set. 

• Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

i got Onewa and Ahkmou off bricklink a week or so ago, since they were both sets i'd always wanted but never got. both used but in great condition! already planning some more purchases to sate my nostalgia but for now i'm happy seeing just these two on a shelf together

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

A couple of months ago, I scored the bargain of Toa Metru Nokama and Whenua - not only fully complete but also all pieces of their Matoran counterparts, Vhisola and Tehutti, bundled into their canisters too - from a charity shop in Street for just... £4 the lot, I think? Or £6. Either way, not very much at all.

I'd owned those sets back in the day, true; but a while back, I'd gone and sold off much of my Bionicle collection on eBay, including everything from 04 onwards, since it was just taking up storage space and I never actually did anything with most of them. Every so often, though, I'll regret being quite so thorough and wonder where I could cheaply pick up a nostalgic set or two; of particular note is that, only a few days before that find, I'd just been low-key wishing I'd kept one or two of the Toa Metru around, just because.

And since 1) Whenua was the first Metru I had got back in 2004, so had the highest nostalgic value and 2) girl characters are more interesting to me, nowadays, than guys, that made them pretty much the best two for me, which made the find even more neat ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Currently negotiating with a few guys on reddit for some parts and partial sets. Most of my purchases now are geared more toward expanding my bulk for mocs rather than finishing my collection seeing as the last few have been bucket list sets (Maxillos, Roodaka, Tahu Mistika etc)

Also mad respect to @Xboxtravis for the Rush sig

• Like 1

move along.

nothing to see here.

Got a bulk lot of Bionicle including: Nui RamaNui, Jaga(missing the light blue pakari and one of those light blue hose pieces, tarakava (only one was complete, besides for 4-5) and two very incomplete Kane ra and muaka. Completing my 2001 rahi set collection