LLLLASER BEAMS

Reier

as always: "TIME TO ROUGH THAT CHUMP TERRY UP GOOD!!!"

8dhJyL9.png

had this lying around as a sketch since last year and forgot about it. might as well make it a little nicer. all digital since digital lets me ctrl+z & hue shift and i am one lazy man. used clipstudio paint to make it but you could probably do it in most drawing programs just as easily. here's the sketch in case anyone is interested.

take care bioboys n girls until we meet again

Edited by Reier
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3

reverse the tachyon field polarity modulation, dax!!!

On 1/30/2020 at 5:20 AM, Eyru said:

Wow, I'm a big fan of this! The pose and the style really lend a tangible sense of energy and movement. It almost looks like it could be the cover for an old Bionicle comic.

...and that is one thicc neck, if I may say so. Well done! :)

i like big necks and i cannot lie

On 2/3/2020 at 2:52 AM, Hidron Nuva said:

I love the dramatic lighting and the circles around the arms! 

It's always nice to see other people recreating epic versions of scenes from Bionicle G1. 

Love the rough style and the green-ish shades in the dark bits, they really add to the overall effect! 

Amazing! :D

thanks. circles are cool

• 2 months later...

Impressive. It took me a few seconds to put the sketch together and recognize Takanuva, however. Remember that color edges make their own lines.

In the first few seconds the circles also, the circles stood out more than the figure, confusing my eye. Remember that the eye is always drawn to the lightest part of the drawing first. For an improvement, I suggest making the circles gray instead of white. This will make Takanuva easier to make out and take the visual emphasis off of the circles, which are only meant to be decorations.

65CADFB1-71A6-4834-9873-A0688218AE4A.jpeg.294e0981febcdee92eac3ac1b59f4caa.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:54 PM, Voltaire Rousseau said:

Impressive. It took me a few seconds to put the sketch together and recognize Takanuva, however. Remember that color edges make their own lines.

In the first few seconds the circles also, the circles stood out more than the figure, confusing my eye. Remember that the eye is always drawn to the lightest part of the drawing first. For an improvement, I suggest making the circles gray instead of white. This will make Takanuva easier to make out and take the visual emphasis off of the circles, which are only meant to be decorations.

the circles are actually the main focus takanuva is just an afterthought and just there so i can post this on bzp

• Upvote 2