Have we had any Traditional Animators in the Fandom?

It's just something I've... been wondering, honestly. I remember seeing various types of animation work around BZPower in my days: sprite animations were all the rage at one point, and even at present I still see people doing impressive animation work via stop-motion, flash, and fully-developed cgi. But the one kind that I've never seen here on BZ, as far as I can remember, is traditional hand-drawn style animation.

I'm not sure if that's because I haven't been in the right places at the right time, or if it's because Bionicle simply doesn't lend itself to a type of animation where every little detail would need to be drawn so repetitiously. I suspect, kinda, that it may be the latter; but I also know that we've had thousands of members come through BZ over the course of its life, many of whom with high creative ambitions. And so, as a self-taught traditional-animator-wannabe, I just wonder.

Does anyone know if the Bionicle fandom has produced any traditionally-drawn animation work during its almost 20 years? Because if so, I'd love to see it; both for its own sake, and to maybe take from it some hints of the way others have gone about the process ^^

(Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer!)

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I'd be very curious to see this too. I suspect that the effort required would be daunting though, sprite animation is relatively quick to do; and CGI once a model is fully rigged it doesn't need to be drawn again. Of course Flash animation is also popular in thanks to MNOG, but while its 2D its not what I would quite consider traditional animation.

If anyone has done it, I would love to see it. I imagine the Miramax/Creative Capers styles would actually lend to some dynamic use in hand drawn animation. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!