What are your Lego hopes for the 2020s or the year 2020?

Lenny7092

What it says here? Last decade, the 2010s, we encountered a huge mess of things, like many themes ended too soon. We do have fun with Ninjago and the Lego Movies (well, the first Lego Movie in 2014 is good, but the ones after it are just weird). So, yeah, what are your hopes for this decade or at least this year? For me, well, here’s how I see it: 

1. Bionicle coming back in the way of G1, re-continuing the G1 story smoothly while doing G3 (it’s kind of like Ninjago’s Legacy sets in 2019 and 2020). Celebrate its 20th anniversary (2021, right?). Make things less expensive and chunky. Same for Hero Factory. If they seek well again, then perhaps Lego would think about saying that Hero Factory shares the same universe as Bionicle because they share many similarities (and this may show where were the Great Beings were when their planet was destroyed). I would also like that Bionicle and HF do a cinematic universe similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (not as Lego Movies) and/or real TV shows similar to Ninjago. Also, Traveller’s Tale video games for the constraction themes with positive reviews. Do revamps of old sets for nostalgia, too. 
2. Ninjago having a good time. Hopefully, Nexo Knights would be one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms (some of them are unknown). 
3. Themes that potentially have TV shows shouldn’t end too soon or get cancelled rudely. In other words, make them last longer and have some love rather than focusing on cheap new themes. 
4. Lego Dimensions 2 

5. Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers 2 

6. Lego City Undercover 2 

7. Marvel Lego Minifigures Series (There’s the DC one this year) 

8. The Lego Movie 3 (with Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney stuff this time) 

9. A Marvel Lego Movie 

So, there. Let’s hope these things can happen (but don’t get your hopes too high) in this year or decade. What about your hopes. Let’s stay positive and not be sarcastic. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

My absolute biggest hope this year are some really nice Clone Wars sets to coincide with the new season. Hopefully a new Gunship, AT-TE and that 501st Battle Pack everyone has been asking for! The voting for a new UCS set over at LEGO Ideas has really gotten me excited as well, with 3 really great UCS candidates brought to the table.

Otherwise, I hope for some nice new Hidden Side playsets akin to the Lighthouse, and DEFINITELY another new section for Ninjago City!

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

I'm just hoping for some sets with bright colors in some sort of fantasy style thing. I don't really care what theme it is as long as it has interesting color combinations. (I want a tree house, too, but might just order an existing one off eBay or something.)

I would seriously dig it if they brought back constraction somehow too. There's a lot of creative possibilities there that they just left on the design table. 

Mostly, though, most of my joy that I get out of Lego is building with my existing parts, rather than buying new ones. I don't want to rain on your optimism parade, but Lego just isn't making what I want anymore, and I've just accepted that. The beauty of Lego, however, is that you don't have to wait for the Billund guys to make what you want. You can make things (or write things) yourself. There seems to be this odd tension in the Lego community where we all sit around and tell the Lego guys what we want when we can just make things ourselves. But then you want recognition if you did make it (isn't why Lego ideas exists?) or you just don't know how to build it because there are no instructions? I guess not everyone can be a designer. But I am one, so I'm able to satisfy myself and make peace that way. :shrugs:

you can call me boomie :D

Chima G2, with a better and more complicated story than the original.

42 minutes ago, 21Boomerangs said:

seriously dig it if they brought back constraction somehow too

Oh, and Ultrabuild-like constraction figures.

Of course, Bionicle G3 would be nice, but based G2's performance, I will not get my hopes up.

About any of these ideas. Wishful thinking is fun, but we need to stay realistic.

• Upvote 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

3 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Chima G2, with a better and more complicated story than the original.

Oh, and Ultrabuild-like constraction figures.

About any of these ideas. Wishful thinking is fun, but we need to stay realistic.

Yeah. I liked some parts of Chima. I have a couple sets, and Chima Online was fun. 

Agreed on the realistic thing. Anyone have any ideas for completely new themes? The "Bring Back..." Train is getting old imo. Everyone wants their favorite theme back. We all know that. I would love to find Greg and get him to write 20 more Bionicle books about Kopaka's adventures in the Red Star and what happened in the Great Being's fortress and who the Golden Skakdi is, but nobody else cares except me. I have accepted that.

you can call me boomie :D