Lego story bibles

Alexander123

I only knew about the Ninjago one. Apparently, a copy of it was sent to the team that made The LEGO Ninjago Movie, but there were doubts that the book was even cracked. I haven't seen the movie, but I played the game that uses footage from the movie, and what I have seen had gone off in an entirely different direction from the mainstream story. I get that it was for the sake of freshness, but I'm sure a lot of cool stuff from the story bible could have made it into the movie if its team decided to peruse it.

Doesn't surprise me that ideas from the Hero Factory and Chima ones went unused. I watched the shows/specials for both and I feel like the stories could have been richer.

mindeth the cobwebs

On 2/2/2020 at 8:54 PM, Laval- Master of Energy said:

I think that the story bibles for Chima and HF stayed within Lego. As I am not one of their employees, I have never seen them. However, Brickipedia does have concept art for Chima.

Just checked out the concept art for Chima, looked like there were a lot of tribes that were not made like the bulls. I even saw what looked like a Serpentine from Ninjago (which could help prove my theory that they came from Chima). But it looks like there might be many unused concepts for Chima that never saw the light of day that are just waiting to be uncovered.

Bionicle G2's story bible is on BioMediaProject. A Russian copy was found, and then it was translated back into English. Kind of neat since it clarifies a few connections between G1 & G2, while also stating those connections were left purposefully vague to let fans create their own stories to connect the two. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

22 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

Don’t forget Nexo Knights. I heard that Tom Anderson guy, who made it, posted some concept art for the show’s cancelled Season 5 art on Twitter.

Nexo knights probably also had some good early concepts and also should probably have some more investigation into it. However, being a more recent theme that might be harder to do.