A Thousand Years Untold 2 Results

atyu2_tpcbnr.png

Welcome to the results topic for the ATYU2 contest. This contest was run on the old forum, and the polling was well along before it was interrupted by the downtime. Since it was so close to done, and since BZP is so different now anyways, the poll results at the downtime have been used to decide the contest. No tiebreakers were necessary.So please join me in congratulating the six winners!WINNERS TAKE NOTE: You have permission from Hahli Husky to repost your canon stories in the Short Stories forum, since it was so close to the downtime, so they can be read without logging people out and can be reviewed there. If you repost, please link the new topic here and I will update the links in this post. :)When the contest was launched, each category was given a sketchy impetus describing some plot basics the entries had to follow (approved by Greg), as was done in the first contest. Below, however, I have instead written up introductory teasers that try to include something specific to each winning story's details, without giving away spoilers. Except for the Mahri Nui category these all take place in the year 500 AGC (After Great Cataclysm).KEY: Location(s): Category Title --- Story's Title, by AuthorMahri Nui / Pit: Outcast Treasure --- Merciless Shadows, by Legolover-361Archive Link --- New LinkIn the year 850 AGC, Pridak found a yellow-glowing stone amidst the wreckage of the Pit, but immediately a Zyglak stole it, and two Matoran witnessed the thievery by accident. So launches a dangerous three-way struggle -- but what does the stone do? Nobody knows... but by sheer instinct, they know it's important somehow...Karda Nui: ScareRahi --- Survival, by Grant-SudArchive Link --- New LinkThe Nui-Kopen Rahi have migrated, and now Matoran are being killed. They are normally kept at bay by ScareRahi, imitations of Rahi built by the Matoran, but now they don't seem to be working. Kirop enlists the help of Tanma, Gavla, and others to investigate this mystery before it's too late...Daxia: Curiosity about Cats Kills --- Delaying the Inevitable, by The Smoke MonsterArchive Link --- New LinkRecently several spies found the island of Daxia, and wrote down sensitive information about the Order on two tablets. Then they got a little too close to some friendly-looking cats. The spies are dead and one tablet has been retrieved, but Helryx needs Trinuma and Tobduk to find the second. But they'd better be careful -- they're not the first to be sent on this mission...Karzahni (& Odina): Sand and Fire Make... Screams --- Deep Shadows, by The First SpeakerArchive Link --- New LinkA Matoran on the shores of Karzahni finds a small boat, strangely with sand coating its floor. For Devastator, a Dark Hunter who once lived here, has returned on a mission from The Shadowed One, to destroy a scroll rumored to hold information about the outside world. The dangerous ruler of this realm must be kept in his ignorance of the outside, lest he feel ready to set out and conquer...Xia (& Destral): Legends of Pride --- Crystal Knowledge, by LewaLewArchive Link --- New LinkMakuta Antroz has told Roodaka to retrieve a memory crystal rumored to contain information about Pridak, as well as Destral's method of teleportation, both things they want kept secret. But the Dark Hunters are seeking the crystal too. Roodaka has been playing double agent between both sides of the war, and both sides have their suspicions...Zakaz (& Stelt): The Refugee Warlord --- Retribution, by KraahlixArchive Link --- New Link"You said the nektann can be programmed to attack intruders on sight, but not to harm those who are authorized?" asked a trader on Stelt. This scene may seem innocent, but the merchant being asked is Nektann, for whom the robots are named, and he happens to be from Zakaz. That island has been quarantined, and the enforcer is the fearsome Makuta Krika...Since all judging in this contest was done before the polls were launched and any possible problems had been run by Greg, and since he approved canonizing the stories ahead of time, these stories may now be considered canon! (We may run into problems because of Greg's situation now when we do the next S&T contest, for the record, but since Greg had also approved that one, I do plan to run it, although perhaps in more limited form.)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Congratulations to all! I'll definitely have to give these a look.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yes! Thank you so much for getting this done, bonesii! :)Congratulations to all the winners! I'll have to go read the entries I haven't read in full yet. But the est part of this is new BIONICLE canon; it's been six months, so this is quite welcome to see. :)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

It feels great to have contributed to the canon Bionicle storyline, even if my addition is a small one. Congratulations to all the winners! To those whose entries didn't make it, you still made for some great competition. ^_^EDIT: Merciless Shadows hath been reposted.

Edited by Legolover-361

I can't believe that my first Bionicle short story posted on BZP is now a part of official Bionicle canon. :o This is going to take a while to sink in...Anyway, congrats to all the other winners! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAnd here is the link to my reposted story Delaying The Evitable

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats to Everyone who won, Especially you my good sir. You beat me by one vote :)Guess i'll just have to try harder next time, Congrats to everyone. I'm Proud to have competed with so many good writers :D

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

As much as I regret that my story was not selected, I enthusiatically congratulate the victors. In hindsight, I see now that my story was but a thinly-veild attempt to promote a few of my pet characters. Oh well. Let's see what's coming along next...:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

As much as I regret that my story was not selected, I enthusiatically congratulate the victors. In hindsight, I see now that my story was but a thinly-veild attempt to promote a few of my pet characters. Oh well. Let's see what's coming along next... :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

There's supposed to be that Tobduk short story, correct? As the second part of the Tobduk contest? I'm eager to write that one, as my Makuta Hunt series stars Tobduk as the main character! I'd have to discard the first episode, which dealt with this material, but who cares? It wasn't especially good anyway. XD
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why hasn't the information from these stories been added to BS01?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

• 2 weeks later...