• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Thousand Years Untold 2 Results

S&T Contest #6

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,354 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 11 2012 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Welcome to the results topic for the ATYU2 contest. This contest was run on the old forum, and the polling was well along before it was interrupted by the downtime. Since it was so close to done, and since BZP is so different now anyways, the poll results at the downtime have been used to decide the contest. No tiebreakers were necessary.So please join me in congratulating the six winners!WINNERS TAKE NOTE: You have permission from Hahli Husky to repost your canon stories in the Short Stories forum, since it was so close to the downtime, so they can be read without logging people out and can be reviewed there. If you repost, please link the new topic here and I will update the links in this post. :)When the contest was launched, each category was given a sketchy impetus describing some plot basics the entries had to follow (approved by Greg), as was done in the first contest. Below, however, I have instead written up introductory teasers that try to include something specific to each winning story's details, without giving away spoilers. Except for the Mahri Nui category these all take place in the year 500 AGC (After Great Cataclysm).KEY: Location(s): Category Title --- Story's Title, by AuthorMahri Nui / Pit: Outcast Treasure --- Merciless Shadows, by Legolover-361Archive Link --- New LinkIn the year 850 AGC, Pridak found a yellow-glowing stone amidst the wreckage of the Pit, but immediately a Zyglak stole it, and two Matoran witnessed the thievery by accident. So launches a dangerous three-way struggle -- but what does the stone do? Nobody knows... but by sheer instinct, they know it's important somehow...Karda Nui: ScareRahi --- Survival, by Grant-SudArchive Link --- New LinkThe Nui-Kopen Rahi have migrated, and now Matoran are being killed. They are normally kept at bay by ScareRahi, imitations of Rahi built by the Matoran, but now they don't seem to be working. Kirop enlists the help of Tanma, Gavla, and others to investigate this mystery before it's too late...Daxia: Curiosity about Cats Kills --- Delaying the Inevitable, by The Smoke MonsterArchive Link --- New LinkRecently several spies found the island of Daxia, and wrote down sensitive information about the Order on two tablets. Then they got a little too close to some friendly-looking cats. The spies are dead and one tablet has been retrieved, but Helryx needs Trinuma and Tobduk to find the second. But they'd better be careful -- they're not the first to be sent on this mission...Karzahni (& Odina): Sand and Fire Make... Screams --- Deep Shadows, by The First SpeakerArchive Link --- New LinkA Matoran on the shores of Karzahni finds a small boat, strangely with sand coating its floor. For Devastator, a Dark Hunter who once lived here, has returned on a mission from The Shadowed One, to destroy a scroll rumored to hold information about the outside world. The dangerous ruler of this realm must be kept in his ignorance of the outside, lest he feel ready to set out and conquer...Xia (& Destral): Legends of Pride --- Crystal Knowledge, by LewaLewArchive Link --- New LinkMakuta Antroz has told Roodaka to retrieve a memory crystal rumored to contain information about Pridak, as well as Destral's method of teleportation, both things they want kept secret. But the Dark Hunters are seeking the crystal too. Roodaka has been playing double agent between both sides of the war, and both sides have their suspicions...Zakaz (& Stelt): The Refugee Warlord --- Retribution, by KraahlixArchive Link --- New Link"You said the nektann can be programmed to attack intruders on sight, but not to harm those who are authorized?" asked a trader on Stelt. This scene may seem innocent, but the merchant being asked is Nektann, for whom the robots are named, and he happens to be from Zakaz. That island has been quarantined, and the enforcer is the fearsome Makuta Krika...Since all judging in this contest was done before the polls were launched and any possible problems had been run by Greg, and since he approved canonizing the stories ahead of time, these stories may now be considered canon! (We may run into problems because of Greg's situation now when we do the next S&T contest, for the record, but since Greg had also approved that one, I do plan to run it, although perhaps in more limited form.)

Edited by bonesiii, Jan 27 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,371 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 11 2012 - 06:56 PM

Congratulations all around! This is one of the best things about our fan base - the ability to add great fan-created stories into the canon.I'll read all of these once I have the time to.

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#3 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,082 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 11 2012 - 09:06 PM

Congratulations to all! I'll definitely have to give these a look.

#4 Offline Toa Lhikan Hordika

Toa Lhikan Hordika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 03-December 04
  • 5,134 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 11 2012 - 10:56 PM

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! That's my first fix of canon Bionicle storyline that I've had in like half a year. I'll definitely be up late reading these tonight. Thanks for finalizing these bonesiii!- :t::l::h:

Do you happen to own a Gray Plastic Krana-Kal (GPKK)?

If so, please check out my topic to see if you have one I need.

I am offering $100 USD or a White Metal Krana-Kal (WMKK) to either anyone who can either give me a lead to a GPKK that works out or to whoever owns one that I need and sells it to me directly.

#5 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,683 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2012 - 02:25 AM

Oh my god we have canonical storyline growth! I'm currently squeeing in joy. Sure they may not be from Greg, but canonical storyline!

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#6 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 09-August 08
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yes! Thank you so much for getting this done, bonesii! :)Congratulations to all the winners! I'll have to go read the entries I haven't read in full yet. But the est part of this is new BIONICLE canon; it's been six months, so this is quite welcome to see. :)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#7 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 12 2012 - 09:32 AM

YUS! I HAVE ACHIEVED BIONICLE GREATNESS!Now if only I could eek out some time to work on the BRC, I could achieve some more. In the meantime, congratulations to the other winners!Here's the link to the new "Crystal Knowledge" topic.

Edited by LewaLew, Jan 12 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#8 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 26-June 09
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2012 - 11:14 AM

Wow. Wow! This is awesome. ^_^ I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who worked on and participated in the contest. I'll get my story up soon, but for right now I'll resort to double checking this isn't a dream.

#9 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 30-January 07
  • 2,791 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 12 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thank you for hosting this bones, and congratulations to all the winners. =)

#10 Offline Xander004

Xander004
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 15-June 08
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hizzah! Congrats to all the winners. I'm looking forward to the next.
The Scorpion, the Warrior, and the Cliff http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=6102

The Enemy in the Dark http://www.bzpower.c...owtopic=475&hl=

#11 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 09-June 09
  • 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 12:14 AM

It feels great to have contributed to the canon Bionicle storyline, even if my addition is a small one. Congratulations to all the winners! To those whose entries didn't make it, you still made for some great competition. ^_^EDIT: Merciless Shadows hath been reposted.

Edited by Legolover-361, Jan 13 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#12 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,571 posts

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 12:32 AM

I can't believe that my first Bionicle short story posted on BZP is now a part of official Bionicle canon. :o This is going to take a while to sink in...Anyway, congrats to all the other winners! http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.pngAnd here is the link to my reposted story Delaying The Evitable

Edited by The Smoke Monster, Jan 13 2012 - 12:34 AM.

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#13 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 30-January 07
  • 2,791 posts

Posted Jan 13 2012 - 02:06 AM

Retribution.

#14 Offline Solus_Nui

Solus_Nui
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 21-February 09
  • 415 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2012 - 02:49 PM

Finally, some more canon story. Congratulations to these stories' authors. :biggrin:

#15 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 26-June 09
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2012 - 11:46 PM

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=2926Here's my link to Survival ^_^

#16 Offline The First Speaker

The First Speaker
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 29-December 08
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2012 - 01:46 AM

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=3085My link to Deep Shadows.

le-koro_banner.jpg

#17 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-April 09
  • 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2012 - 05:12 PM

Wow, yeah... cogratulations to all of the winners!

#18 Offline Lord Kini Hawkeye

Lord Kini Hawkeye
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 08-November 08
  • 3,513 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2012 - 11:53 PM

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=3085My link to Deep Shadows.

Congrats to Everyone who won, Especially you my good sir. You beat me by one vote :)Guess i'll just have to try harder next time, Congrats to everyone. I'm Proud to have competed with so many good writers :D

The worlds have now learned

Of the worst yet to come

On the brink of an end, a Boy learns to crawl

{/BZPRPG Profiles\}  :.: {/COMIC: Eljay: The Becoming\} :.: {/EPIC: Danger Close\} :.: {/EPIC: Wings\}

[There is Invisible Text here]
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

{/Seven Lives, Two Faces\}

Don't pass up this chance, oh go tear down the walls

No gods will watching, no one cares enough at all

These worlds need now an ending, as they did at the start

But I'll keep on pretending, I won't

Go...

#19 Offline X-Ray

X-Ray
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 14-June 08
  • 617 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 08:25 PM

As much as I regret that my story was not selected, I enthusiatically congratulate the victors. In hindsight, I see now that my story was but a thinly-veild attempt to promote a few of my pet characters. Oh well. Let's see what's coming along next...:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

#20 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Fact Team Member

• 26-April 06
  • 11,495 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 10:56 AM

Took a while, but congratulations on the winners. :)Looking forward to reading the six entries.

jlovfkk.jpg

#21 Offline Kraahlix

Kraahlix
  • Premier Member

• 30-January 07
  • 2,791 posts

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 08:16 PM

Did you report this for news Bones? Seems like it would be one of the few important BIONICLE announcements to put up these days.

#22 Offline ALVIS

ALVIS
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 10-January 09
  • 2,406 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2012 - 01:11 PM

As much as I regret that my story was not selected, I enthusiatically congratulate the victors. In hindsight, I see now that my story was but a thinly-veild attempt to promote a few of my pet characters. Oh well. Let's see what's coming along next... :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

There's supposed to be that Tobduk short story, correct? As the second part of the Tobduk contest? I'm eager to write that one, as my Makuta Hunt series stars Tobduk as the main character! I'd have to discard the first episode, which dealt with this material, but who cares? It wasn't especially good anyway. XD

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-- Harlan Ellison

Short Stories:

LAST DESTINY, starring an Agori and a Turaga

DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal and Makuta Teridax
AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt
THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#23 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Fact Team Member

• 26-April 06
  • 11,495 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 21 2012 - 01:00 AM

Unfortunately, that Tobduk story is on hold until GregF comes back.

jlovfkk.jpg

#24 Offline darkslizer

darkslizer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 02-June 12
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 10:34 AM

Canonical storyline??!! I am squeeking in PURE HAPPINESS right now!!!!!!!!!! congrats, guys.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply.                Create.                  Consume.

#25 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 05-November 09
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 10:29 PM

Why hasn't the information from these stories been added to BS01?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#26 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 09-June 09
  • 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2012 - 08:06 AM

I believe BS01's staff are waiting on GregF's final confirmation, which may take a while considering GregF hasn't been back for a long time.

#27 Online TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 06-April 10
  • 1,723 posts

Posted Jul 08 2012 - 08:15 AM

... Why in the world was this topic revived?Oh, wait... this was pinned...I feel kinda dumb...

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Jul 08 2012 - 09:05 AM.

soundtracks.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users