How did you meet?

AZBlue

So, I've recently started pursuing a romantic relationship with my best friend, and in honor of Valentines day coming up I wanted to find out how my fellow BZPers met their significant others.

I met mine back in June but only started to become friends in October. We began having lunch together before winter break came. After realizing how much we missed each other, and beginning a Fencing class together, we've become close. Neither of us had considered asking the other to the University's Spring Formal, but a mutual friend invited both of us. That friend ended up hanging out with another person for most of the dance while my friend and I enjoyed the evening together. Now, less than a week later, we've got a date on Saturday and a dinner date at some point next week (Probably Valentines :D)

So, my fiancee and I found each other on Facebook.

Slightly embarrassing on my part, because I had added a gal I knew from middle school recently after finding her on there, and according to one of our classmates, this gal had a crush on me back then. So, I added her, and proceeded to do absolutely nothing for a while. However, one day, she posted something on her timeline and tagged some of her friends in it, and because I found it funny, I hit the "Like" button. One of those friends she tagged was new to Facebook, and didn't know how anything worked. So, she assumed that because I Like'd something she was tagged in, we must be friends on Facebook somehow. She went to my profile and hit "Add Friend," and after I saw the notification, I clicked accept, because why not? She had basically nothing on her page, except a couple pictures. I thought she was kinda cute, so I sent her a message just casually introducing myself. 

And, then a few months and many conversations later, we decided to meet up in person, and not long after, started dating. I proposed this past summer after about 3 years of dating, and we're getting married next summer.

So, we met on Facebook. :P And everything's going great. Whodathunk?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I actually met my girlfriend through online RPing, as strange as that might sound!

We... first met that way back in late 2010. There was this one site, the premise of which was animated Disney characters caught up in a crossover war, that had started that summer; I'd been one of the first members, while she joined up towards the end of that year, and... well, nothing came of that at first. I greeted her in the 'hi I'm new' thread, I think; and we were a fairly small rp community (maybe about 20 or so frequent members?) so we ended up rping our characters together quite frequently. Over the years, we became friends through that site, and others that spun off it.

And then it was... late 2013 that changed. I'm not sure I remember the exact context in which it happened, but I just came to realise that... I'd fallen for her. I don't know that it was anything BIG ALL AT ONCE; just that, more and more, I was thinking fondly of her, coming to regard her as more and more of a particularly close friend, to the point where I realised that she was especially important to me and I wanted to get to know her more. I sort of initiated talking with her ooc more frequently, and found out that we had more in common than I'd realised.

It was early 2014 when I finally screwed up the courage to ask her, when we were IMing over Skype one day, if she'd ever had a boyfriend, or ever considered having one. And she hadn't, so I kinda... all in a rush dropped the way I felt about her and asked if she'd be interested in dating. And she was!

Of course, she's in America and I'm in the UK, so it's not so easy at times. But that said! We've been in a steady long-distance relationship for six years now; almost to the day, in fact. We first met up in person, after Skype-calling a lot together, when she invited me along on her family's Walt Disney World trip in 2016; and since then, we've both visited each other and are hoping to do so more frequently when we can.

tl;dr: we met via a Disney RP site, and are now in a stable long-distance relationship... though wishing that distance was a lot shorter!

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."