The Bohrok Chronicles

kanohimetru5995

I'd tell you my name, but I can't remember it. To tell the truth, I can't remember much of anything at all. I am in a cacoon of some kind, my symbiote, the Krana, will tell me when I can wake. I don't know how much time has passed sice I was reborn as a Bohrok. I sometimes see images of a massive cavern, and of Matoran, my friends, at least until I died. My Krana senses something and a powerful surge of adrenaline shoots through me. It is time to wake, I feel it! The cacoon is small so I have a hard time wiggling free of the gelatinous walls. My arm breaches the cacoon wall and I can see a dark chamber outside. I curl up my powerful legs and thrust myself out of my prison and into open air. I uncurl as I hit the ground, I see a Matoran run away. His face was familiar, I croak, "Takua?" A nearby Gahlok turns away, somewhat confused at my ability to speak. My Krana instructs me on how to get to the surface of Mata Nui. He tells me that it is time to purge the island of everything in preparation for the Great Spirit's awakening. I see another image in my mind, the cavern, its name is Karda Nui, the Universe Core. My Krana urges me, *You are a Tahnok now! Your life as an Av-Matoran is over! You needn't remember anything. You do not have free will now, you have the will of the Bahrag!* I'm ignoring what he says, I've heard these brainwashing lines for millenia. I want to believe it, at least my Bohrok side does. I lumber off to the surface trying not to think about it. When I emerge the sun is blinding. My Krana feels its brethren in other Bohrok around me, the Bahrag call to them to begin. As swarms of Tahnok march toward the distant tree line, I linger behind. My Krana begins to assume control of my body, forcing me to join my brothers and sisters in this rampage. As I join their ranks I look up at the sky, and, for just a moment, I swear I saw a lush green world beyond this one. I shrug it off and continue marching. The Krana holds me prisoner in my own body, I think to myself, so what can I do but accept my fate? I am part of the Bohrok Swarms now.Review Topic Here:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2858

Edited by kanohimetru5995

Tickle Spinners! Sand...And Fire! Hehe, makes glass! "...and that's not incense." Once a MoCist, always a MoCist.

Chapter 2I made it to the treeline and began my dreadful task. I ignited my elemental power and burned any vegetation I saw. Something inside me tells me to stop, but my Krana forces me on. I walk on for a few days. Then I trip a little and turn to see a small tablet stuck in the ground. I pick it up to find Matoran writing on one side and a peculiar figure on the other. I can't decipher what it says so I wedge it behind my faceplate and keep moving.My Krana complains about the sudden crowding but I ignore him. I see a Matoran and open my faceplate. My Krana gratefully shoots away and latches onto the Matoran's face, the force of his impact at such an angle knocks off the Matoran's Kanohi. Freedom! Although my Krana calls to me, I pay no heed. Eventually, it will die without a host, or at the hands of a predator. I curl up into a ball and roll away, setting a course for the south. It took many days for me to reach the southern shore of the island, once there I hesitantly step into the water. The Bahrag call, but I have finally found my individuality. I dive into the Endless Ocean, deeper and deeper until I feel strange.I see the tablet I found floating nearby, I reach for it and I see that I am beginning to change. My shields of power have become clawed hand and I bein to grow in heighth. I am now a bit taller than a Matoran, I realize the Mutagen in the water has not made me a water-breather. I grab the tablet and dash for the surface, just as I breach the waves I hear a hollow voice laughing in my head, then it speaks, *Interesting. I've not, in all my time, witness a partial reversion. Even I, the great Kharzahni cannot reverse the Mutation. The Great Beings must have plans for you.*Startled by the words of this Kharzahni I swim toward the shore, I have partially returned to what I used to be, Kharzahni had said. I shiver at his name, I remember that his name means death, I don't know why, it's just what I remember. I make my way to Ga-Koro, over the few days I dodge detection from Matoran and Bohrok alike. I find a boat floating only a few metersd away at the end of a dock. I grab the oars and begin sailing south.It's been the better part of a month, and I catch a glmpse of land. The shape of the island is familiar, a name flashes through my mind, Voya Nui. Then I am overwhemled by memories, Voya Nui seperating from Karda Nui flooding the Universe Core, a large dome far below the Stalactite Villages, and another name, Brutaka.Something tells me Brutaka is here, on Voya Nui. Something else calls to me, an entity that even an ex-Bohrok would know, the Kanohi Ignika resides here.That mask could return me to my original form. I remember that the mask is cursed though, so I think I'll stay away from it. Brutaka may be able to return me to my home, though. It took me an hour to reach the shore, and when I step out on dry land I call out, "Brutaka!" my voice now sounds like a Muaka speaking Matoran."What in Metru Nui?" exclaims a tall figure nearby, he holds a large axe and wears a Kanohi Rode."Are you the one called 'Brutaka?'" I ask.The giant scoffs, "Why do you seek Brutaka?"He shifts his grip on the axe, and I notice, "I mean him no harm, I simply wish to return home.""Where is your home?" he asks, curious."Karda Nui," I say flatly.

Edited by kanohimetru5995

Tickle Spinners! Sand...And Fire! Hehe, makes glass! "...and that's not incense." Once a MoCist, always a MoCist.

Chapter 3"What are you?" the giant asks."I used to be a Bohrok, before that an Av-Matoran," I explain."That's not possible," he says, "there's no way to reverse the Mutation. On top of that, Bohrok can't remember their past lives.""I did," I say, "Can you at least help me get closer to Karda Nui?"He nods, "My name is Axonn, I can take you to Brutaka."I give a slight bow and follow him toward the distant volcano, "Thank you, Axonn.""What's your name?" he asks."I don't know," I answer. The rest of our journey was silent. When we reached a door at the end of a tunnel inside of Mount Valmai, Axonn slammed his fist against it, "Brutaka! Open up!" The door slid open and Axonn just barely parried a swipe of Brutaka's blade."It's good to see you, Axonn," Brutaka says, "What brings you here?""A very interesting turn of events," Axonn steps aside to reveal me, Brutaka is shocked, "He says he used to be a Bohrok, and before that, an Av-Matoran."Brutaka's mask begins to glow and a hole in the very fabric of existence opens before me. Brutaka nods, and without hesitation I step through. I emerge into an unsettling place. I feel that this is a bad place to be, it is dark and there are creatures moving in the shadows. I see one of them, the are spiders. A word springs to my lips before I can stop it, "Visorak."I notice a nearby door in the wall creak open slightly, "Get in," a hoarse voice says. I comply and enter the small cell, illuminated only by the eerie green glow coming from the Visorak webs."Mata Nui, aren't you a sight!" he says. I scoff at the creature before me."Look who's talking," I respond. The creature looks like something half-way between a Matoran and a brakas monkey."The name's Kraiton," he says, "what's your name?"I concentrate hard, "I...I...I...I can't remember yet.""What are you then, er, what were you?""I used to be a Bohrok," I say looking at my clawed hands, "before that, an Av-Matoran."Kraiton looks shocked, "I thought Av-Matoran were just a myth, and who would've guessed they turned into Bohrok.""Your turn," I say as I look out the door for Visorak."I'm a Matoran Hordika.""I sympathize for you, I really do," I say, "but I have to get out of here. I have to get to Karda Nui.""Good luck with that," Kraiton says, "but I'm up to escaping the city.""City? Where are we?""Welcome to Metru Nui, my friend, the Metru Nui Archives.""Metru Nui," I repeat, it doesn't raise any new memories, "the City of Legends.""So, where do you want to go?" Kraiton asks. I can't recall any island names but one at the moment, "Our first stop," I say hesitantly, "is Destral."Kraiton me for a long moment, "We're gonna need some weapons if you're gonna wage war with the Makuta.""I know," I say as the image of a mask appears in my mind, "but if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have had to become this.""Looks like you're holding quite the grudge.""Not really, but if anyone knows anything about my past, I bet it's a Makuta. Let's go."My longer legs have significantly increased my speed. It took a couple of days for us to get to Ga-Metru and procure a vehicle. The last thing that I expected to find was a sleek black skiff secured to a dock. We hop in and set sail, Kraiton sails while I check the hold. I smile, there are three Rhotuka spinners, a wickedly sharp scythe, and three gleaming new axes. I bring the weapons up to Kraiton, "You really expect to get through Destral's defenses with these?!""We have the element of surprise," I say, "and we also have determination.""Determination won't get us passed Rahkshi and Exo-Toa," Kraiton says.I smile menacingly, "Leave them to me.""Alright," says Kraiton."Call me Tavnok," I say with a sigh, "it's not my real name, but you've gotta call me something, right?""Alright, Tavnok, let's go knock on the Makutas' door," says Kraiton with a grin.

Chapter 4This skiff is fast, it takes us only a couple of days to reach Destral. Kraiton was right, Destral is crawling with Rahkshi and Exo-Toa. I see a reptillian creature dissolve at the end of a blue Rahkshi's staff."That's a horrible fate," Kraiton says, "I wouldn't even wish it on a Zyglak."A memory comes to me, I see two figures in cells next to the one I'm in. One of them is a Matoran wearing a Kanohi Komau, he is a Fe-Matoran. The other is something that looks like a Zyglak but claims that he used to be a Ko-Matoran from the island of Stelt, "We have to go somewhere else," I say distantly."I agree," says Kraiton, "but where?""An island called Daxia," I say, "I'll show where to go.""I've never heard of it," he says, "but I trust you, so which way."It took five days to finally spot Daxia. As we get within range to discern some details, a Ko-Matoran and a crimson armored giant appear onboard, "Turn back," says the giant, "you have no business here.""Trinuma, don't be so rude," says the Matoran, "My apologies, this is Trinuma, and I am Mazeka, what brings you to our waters?"Kraiton points at me and Mazeka turns his full attention to me, "Well?""I was a Bohrok," I say, "I remembered my life as an Av-Matoran and left my Krana, and the Swarms, behind.""I see," says Mazeka, "and your business here?""I can't remember much, but I rememered being in a cell here, on Daxia. I thought that maybe I could find some answers, or at least, a few friends.""You were here?" Mazeka looks worriedly to Trinuma, "What friends are you looking for?""Two people were confined with me," I say, Mazeka and Trinuma look uncomfortable, "one was a Fe-Matoran and the other was mutated into a Zyglak-like creature.""They aren't here," says Mazeka, "they're on the island of Nynrah," Trinuma forwns at Mazeka, "and so were you." Trinuma rubs his brow and gives us directions to Nynrah before he and Mazeka depart. I am tiring of this galavanting across the universe.I explained to Kraiton the things I remembered in the time it took for us to get to Nynrah. When we get to the island I see a few scattered buildings. We land and are met by an Exo-Toa equipped with a Cordak Blaster, a cold, hoarse voice speaks from it, "You are trespassing on the island of Nynrah, populated by the Nynrah Ghosts and watched over by the Order of Mata Nui. State your business."My mind floods with memories, Takua and a few others, including me, were taken from Karda Nui by the Order of Mata Nui a long time ago. I did not succumb to their wants, so I was returned to Karda Nui, and died shortly thereafter. They called it the Time Slip, I remember, and I also remember a giant with intricate gray-green armor talking to a solemn Toa of Water."We seek two beings confined here," I say, "I...we, were directed here by the Order.""Who are you?" the voice asks."I call myself Tavnok, but I can't remember my real name, this is Kraiton.""What are you?" it asks confused."I was a Bohrok, and before that an Av-Matoran. Kraiton is a Matoran Hordika.""Then the Red Star itself has returned you here," the voice says, "and we shall release your friends."The door of a nearby building opens to reveal the two beings I saw in my memory, and a Ba-Matoran. It becomes evident to me, that the Ba-Matoran was the one speaking through the Exo-Toa."You look different," says the Fe-Matoran."I am different," I say, "and I don't remember much of anything.""At least you remembered us," the reptillian being says."Not completely," Kraiton chimes in for me."Well , I guess we never exchanged formal inrtoductions, I'm Khyvon," says the Fe-Matoran, "and this is Kolop."Kolop bows slightly at us, "I call myself Tavnok," I say, "but I'm hoping to remember my name soon enough."The Ba-Matoran interrupts, "We can give you weapons, and perhaps help you get to your destination.""Where can we find information on how to get to Karda Nui?"The Ba-Matoran shuffles his feet, "There are two places I know of," he says, "and I wouldn't suggest either of them.""Where?" I ask impatiently."One is Destral," he says, "and the other belongs to a myth.""Who?" I growl."A being named Tren Krom," says the Matoran.